Speaker 1: I Am All in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you.
Speaker 3: I Am All in Town meeting with Susanne French and Tara suit An iHeartRadio podcast. Hey guys, welcome back to another episode of I'm All in Town meeting with myself, Tara, and Susanne.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: We're doing this episode together in person today because we are in Connecticut and we thought, well, we're here, you might as well just, you know, knock out another episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm getting used to this recording in person.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I feel like it's a little more effortless in person.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like with Zoom because you know, we all live in different places, everyone has different schedules. It's more of like a all right, I gotta sit down and do this now, and you're like, you know, we're just going NonStop. But so today we are talking about season two premiere, which is season two episode one, Sadie Sadie, which aired on October ninth, two thousand and.
Speaker 1: One, not till October.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Yeah, it was a late I mean yeah, at fall premiere's usually are end of September beginning October. We usually are used to like the September twentieth day. I feel like right before we started, Susanne pointed something out about this fall premiere episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was interesting. It's it's the fall premiere episode in Gilmore. Girls is such a fall oriented show, but this episode is actually set at the beginning of the summer.
Speaker 3: I mean it's basically the day after season one ended.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so it was kind of fun.
Speaker 4: We got it opened with you know, the song about the I Found Love and the Daisy's all over the.
Speaker 1: Town town like super cute. Just it was a good summary setting.
Speaker 3: I thought, did you notice that Jared looks older in this episode? Was it just me? I feel like Jared looked a little older?
Speaker 4: You know, you're right now that you mentioned I kind of say he looked kind of hot this episode, Like he was kind of like a baby in season one and then season two started, and especially when they were at the Gilmers, I'm like, Dean's hot. Yeah, I think because he was a little more like dressed up and it was maybe just like a T shirt and jeans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, T shirt and jeans. Was he Yeah, he was. I don't know what it is. He also had like a chain necklace on, which maybe which was such a thing in two thousand and one. I don't know, he just seemed hotter to be in this episode. I also kind of forgot that Season two starts with this episode, like they went out with a bang. Yeah, and it was the roles were reversed in this with Lorelei and Rory's relationship with Emily and Richard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually didn't have did you have any call outs this episode because I just I just thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: It was just fun to watch. I didn't so because we're sort of on location. I watched this episode on my phone, so I didn't get to see No. I didn't even think about that until afterwards. I'm like, oh, there's a Netflix. But yeah, so I watched it on my phone, and so I didn't necessarily see like all the little tiny details in the background and stuff like you would have noticed like a mic drop or something like that.
Speaker 1: So I didn't see all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But one thing I did not is we saw Bootsy's magazine stand for the first time, and that was an unusual angle of her walking down the street from the magazine stand to Luke's and the whole.
Speaker 1: Town is following her, Like we don't see that angle.
Speaker 3: Very There were a couple of different angles in this. There was that angle, and then at the dinner table at the Gilmour's there was an angle that was supposed to be Richard's point of view and the camera was where Richard was sitting looking at Dean, Rory, Emily and Laura Ie. So I thought that was an interesting angle they were directed this.
Speaker 1: Episode, it was like, yeah, it was. It was interesting in the Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when they're walking down that street and you could see behind them the buildings that they look French like, it's they use it for a different setting in at Warner Brothers. It's not usually stars hollow. And then that angle where they were in the diner and everybody was pressed up against the glass waiting for her to go to Luke.
Speaker 1: I thought that was That was a cute scene. Really.
Speaker 4: The only call out I had that kind of bugged me was when Laurli goes up to the counter in Luke's and he's grabbing the muffins with his bare hands. He's like grabbing the top of the muffin with not even on the bottom. Yeah, Like he grabbed it with like the palm of his hand to put it in in the toaster nut and heat it up, and then when he hands it back to her, I'm like, which is funny because there's that episode where he tells her I can't remember which one it was. He tells her not to sit on any cold benches because she wasn't wearing underwear, and he makes a point like he tells her don't use your hands and hands her the talk and listens to I know, it's a good thing the health Department wasn't that I did.
Speaker 3: I did find it interesting that suddenly this episode it was like, well, you gotta tell Luke because Luke likes you.
Speaker 1: Like it was so like the whole town knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was it was so it was always so hush hush, and the fact that they were so open about it. I was like, this happened overnight. I mean literally overnight, because the last episode is that she got proposed to with the yellow daisies. This is literally the next day and I'm like, oh, suddenly everyone is acting this way. And then even she, but even Lorela I was acting like, oh, I can't tell Luke just yet, right, But I wonder if it was just like Amy and Dan were like we got to speed up the process of this relationship season two. Well, also just to remind everyone before, the show would end in like May and would come back in like September October, so there was time. It wasn't like us who just tuned into the next episode one week later, right. So I also wonder if like you couldn't rewatch it back then, if you caught it, that was it, right, And then so you basically watched it once and then you had like what five months yeah, to kind of forget about it, so you would think in your head, like, oh, time's pass, like now they're in a relationship. So yeah, I thought that was interesting that everyone suddenly was, oh my god, like Luke likes you tell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they all instantaneously knew about the engagement because they're all following her down the street because they know she's gonna tell Luke about the engagement.
Speaker 1: So somehow they all found out overnight.
Speaker 3: The reason why I thought that is because of the yellow daisies, because it happened at the end, and then obviously what was she going to do with all those daisies? She spread the love, So that's why I was like, oh, people definitely know at least and I mean Suki over here with her big mouth.
Speaker 1: Right, and miss Patty and Miss Patty and.
Speaker 3: Michelle probably said something too because it was and Kirk.
Speaker 1: That's right, because Kirk delivered on delivered everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh Lane's giant suitcase. I was like, this is a little ridiculous. I want to know where the prop department found that thing. It had to just be like custom made for this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, there's no I mean, I know we're not being technical, but there's no airline that would ship something that size. I also thought it was in interesting that we start the episode with like Lane getting shipped off yes, like the season Yes, but like you said, it's summer, right, so it could be like a summer thing. She just doesn't have her return. I also I got Rory was like, maybe it's an airline thing, like, you know, trying to be like, well.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 4: I felt bad for Lane because she's so panicked about she thinks she's going to Korea for the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But she mentioned her.
Speaker 3: Parents, Yes, she mentioned in the plural.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 3: Want to say the end of last season, end of season one. I believe she also mentioned parents.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, maybe I know she doesn't.
Speaker 4: In the pilot, she mentions parents, but it's there's not very many references to both.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I want to say maybe it was in in her convert. No, I'm not going to someone's gonna comments on this. It was I think when she was talking to Henry she said my parents.
Speaker 1: Oh probably yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: At the party. I want to say she said that. But either way, we now know that Laura uh not Lauren.
Speaker 1: Lauren ram Lane's.
Speaker 3: Dad is never seen, and it's kind of an ongoing joke as you continue through the show. It's like, well, he's there, he's just not there.
Speaker 1: He's there, he's just not on screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's probably lost somewhere in that antique shop. To be honest with you, I also jumping to the scene at the Gilmour's. I mean, there's never a dull moment of fright night dinner. I love that she made Oh my god, not well it was homemade twinkies. They were Abacinay, what was the dinner? It was uh, already forgot it was not real beef. That's what we learned. Yes, but I kind of like that Emily was like, I'm going to do something for the girls. Yeah, whipping up twinkies from scratch is not what I had in mind, and they never got it. But then jumping over, did you notice when they are back home and Dean leaves and Rory's like pacing in her room complaining that Richard was being a jerk. Laurel I is organizing twinkies onto a platter, a lot of them, a lot of them.
Speaker 1: And I was like, are they gonna both?
Speaker 3: And it's funny because all the rappers, the twinkie wrappers were on the table. I'm like, Dean was only saying by her and like kissed her for like two seconds. She she like, rip open all these rappers. And also I do have a call out. When Dean left, he like went through the woods.
Speaker 1: That's true. I didn't know. He just like walks off into the bushes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's basically which I understand for, like you know, it's always like television. But he did not come the way where the car pulls up. He just goes towards the back of the house.
Speaker 1: So it's just like you probably.
Speaker 3: Just walked through the woods home. So I thought that was funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then so two other little bits that were interesting was Jackson's reaction when lorel I announced her engagement and Jackson immediately goes into panic mode that thinking Suki wants to get married too.
Speaker 1: Did you catch that? Like he was? He was all completely freaked out about I'm.
Speaker 3: Not about Jacksonson, you said, Jackson, And I was thinking of Taylor and I was like, why would It's been a long day, you guys. But in my head, I'm like, why did Taylor get upset? But no, that makes yes. I did notice that because he's like, oh my god. Now he just goes straight to panic mode because he's like, I got to commit now. Yeah. Also the part where Max on the phone with Rory and they're going through rings. She got a ring though, No, but it wasn't the ring that she moves on to her ring finger. Was just a ring she was wearing right right. It wasn't an inky because he never gave her a ring. He was like a butterfly or something something she was just wearing right, Which is funny because I feel like we never see Loria I wear jewelry. So at first I was like, where'd the ring come from? And then I was like, oh, it's just supposed to be like a just messing with her hands, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the scene at the end where Suki calls Emily and accidentally spills the beans about the engagement, which you know, Suki is not to blame. She didn't know that, Laurela, I hadn't told Emily yet.
Speaker 3: Well, it had been not even like twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Well, but no, it was at least a week because we had two Friday night dinners, because there was a Friday night dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right, that's right, Okay, sorry.
Speaker 4: And she called Emily after the second one Friday night dinner.
Speaker 1: So it's been at least a week.
Speaker 3: It's been at least a week until she Yeah, so I felt.
Speaker 4: A little bit bad for Emily. I don't often feel bad for him.
Speaker 3: I got actually got a little bit emotional at the last scene when she was like apologized to Rory because our daughter won't even tell us this. And then she and you know, Emily is so poised and she always acts that way even in front of Richard, like she is Emily Gilmore, she is who she is. And when she walked out of Richard's office and she had this moment of wanting to cry. That's when I felt really bad. Yeah, and I do have to give Emily credit in this episode. Emily didn't mind Dean. Let's not discredit her.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: It was Richard who went Richard just like it was weird, like he walked in and just made this assumption about Dean. Yes, and I understand why, like we also needed this conflict to happen, because now we're going to go into like the coming up with the repairs of the.
Speaker 1: Car and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But it was really intense, like let the boy introduce himself right, like you might even shake his hand and Emily. Even Emily looked surprised at his reaction, and Emily tried to stop it at dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give her the book, give her the book, Give her the book.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like how theyre had the beard joke and then like should I do the beer drug oralized? Like no, not a great time. But yeah, I kind of felt bad for Dean in this episode. Oh yeah, feel bad for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was a good, solid episode though, like I enjoyed watching it.
Speaker 3: I also feel like maybe it was because I was like, oh my god, they look older because even even Alexis looks a tad older. I was like, were there more like little makeout scenes here and there with like they always had some pecks, but she was like, not a makeout, but it was like definitely more than a peck. Yeah, when he was leaving the house after frind answer, it was a peck. But then I think earlier when he comes to the door when we first see Dean, I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he does the I think this is a I think this is a camera trick. But okay, where he like he puts his hands on the side of her face and kisses her a lot, and it looks like passionate.
Speaker 1: But I think it's so he.
Speaker 4: Can hide, like they don't have to actually kiss because his hands are blocking.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because it might be a hymn thing because I did you watch Nobody wants this.
Speaker 1: No, not Adam Brody, Adam Brody.
Speaker 3: So there's this one scene and for the listeners who know this scene, you already know exactly what I'm talking about. There's this one scene that went viral and it's like it has this music behind it, so then the song is like every time I hear the song or it's not a very common song, but I just like hear the song with the scene is they're on this like kind of not really date and then she's like, oh, well, we've never even like kiss, and he's like hold on. He like takes the ice cream out of her hand and puts it on the floor, like this cup of ice cream and he holds he caresses her face and he caresses her face before kissing her.
Speaker 1: And it's so hot and it's like and it's funny.
Speaker 3: Kristin. Kristin Bell has said this interview is that like they kind of just Adam just did it. But she knew that it was gonna get a huge reaction because the people in like can't like the village, Like the crew all were like like all the women really like, oh that was so hot, and it became a thing. So with that being said, Adam Brodie apparently like that's kind of his thing, Like I think that's how so it might be a Jared Paddle like yeah, like I mean, I obviously I've never watched Smallville. Was a small Ville, no supernatural Supernatural? Sorry it was heard with an as I was like, it's not Smallville because he that was the one without the belly button, but I don't I never watched it, so I don't know if that's his thing, but it could. It could have been like his his like acting trick at the Yeah, but maybe that's why I was like, damn, they're like kissing, and maybe it was I noticed it more than Dean looked hot, and I was like, you know, we uh. There was someone as we're recording this, by the way, I'm wearing a Team Jess shirt and as we were walking around the town today because we are in Connecticut for this event, I asked someone because I was wearing my shirt and they were I was like, Oh, what team are you in? And they said, I'm a different team for every season in Rory's life. And I have to agree. When I think big picture, I say Team Jess. I love Jess because I like my Levensmelia. But when you're actually watching, you're like, I'm rooting for Dean, like especially in this episode, like I am rooting for him. It's okay that he has known what he wants to do in college. I do not believe that at the age of ten, Richard wants to be a man in a suit. I really am working in finance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad Laura I called him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, really, like I understand wanting to like go to a college, Like I get that, but it'll be like I want to be an important businessman at the age of ten. I don't think so. So I'm really rooting for him, and I you know, I root for Logan at the end too, like I root for everyone. I mean, and that we're going a little off track, but like in the Revival, I want to be the whole time. I want to shake load and be like break up with the girl you're with and be with Rory. Right. So it's interesting how everyone has their team I mean not there are not many team Deans out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's not.
Speaker 3: But when you watch the really great Dean episodes, he was great for Rory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this time, I.
Speaker 4: Think they all three definitely had both a positive and a negative impact on her, Like I think they both they all were kind of what she needed at that time. Yeah, what she needed changed over time, of course, as you grew up. Yeah, and so they all had kind of, you know, negative aspects too, obviously. Yeah, And that's why I'm not really team any of them because I see the good and the bad in all of them.
Speaker 1: Like I like them all and I hate them all.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this until Susannah came on the strip that Suzanne not team anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't have a team. I'm Team Rory.
Speaker 3: But if you had to pick, I.
Speaker 4: Think, well, you know, I really like the person that just turned into Okay, so I think she probably would be good with him long term. But I do like Logan too, I know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. It's hard to pick one person.
Speaker 4: But I definitely probably of the three of them, I probably do like adult Jess better, even though teenage Jess was my least favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was just the bad you know.
Speaker 4: Well Dean was kind of my least because the cheating. Well see again, yeah, say it's hard to pick. Yeah, so I can't commit on that one.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a good episode. You know, we loved season one watching back again. Yeah, but season two already is offso great start now, I mean there's gonna be drama already, and so next episode we're gonna be watching a season two episode two Hammers and Veils, and it aired on October night, two thousand and one. Wait Today air the same.
Speaker 4: Day as Did they air two Maybe maybe that was because it was the season opener.
Speaker 1: Maybe they aired two episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah they were. They aired on the same night. Wow, wow for two for that's a two hour night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we were saying before we started this, or maybe it was at the beginning of this episode, I'm blending everything in that we've talked all day. Uh, usually shows premiere in September, so yeah, it was probably two episodes. Yeah, all right, we'll see you guys next week meeting.
Speaker 2: Adjourn dot
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.