Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and get Jaky and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: The future for Wendy's. They call it Fresh AI. Here's how it works. A customer drives up and talks into this speaker.
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome to Wendy's. Feel free to order whenever you are ready.
Speaker 2: The AI takes the order inside. Human workers watch a monitor as the order comes, then they prepare the meal. In twenty twenty three, wendy started offering AI drive throughs now nearly one hundred across nineteen states, with more on the way. Wendy's partnered with Google Cloud to create their tech. It uses generative AI, which means it's always learning and should improve over time.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're stretching what people generally mean when they're talking about AI, because the whole uh, what can we help you with computer voice? And then you tell them prescriptions has been around for ten years. So if you're calling that AI, okay, fine, because it is artificial, it's not human. They draw lines. Yeah, but that's I don't think that's where we're Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: My comment was going to be, We're gonna raise the wages of fast food workers until it's impossible to employ them, to make sure they don't have a chance of keeping their jobs.
Speaker 4: Gavin Newsom with his idiotic, bizarre abuse of the economy. My reaction is, I don't mind any of this stuff as long as it works. But if it's like the bank or the pharmacy or any other place I ever call with those stupid systems, I'm gonna pull up and say I'd like a cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: Did you say shake, no cheeseburger? Did you say chicken sandwich? Now? Did you say you want it raw? A raw chicken sandwich?
Speaker 4: Please pull up to the next window, right exactly.
Speaker 1: And it makes me inside right human being agent press zero something. I don't want any of the I like when they give you three options and none of them are your option. I don't want any of those three things. Did you want checking savings or mortgages? None of those? What am I supposed to do now, computer lady? Three choices? Anyway? I only bring up the AI thing because ooh, video vidio, which was a hot of stock in America over the last couple of years. If you'd put or if I to put a whole bunch of money in there, and you know I'd be I'd be on a yacht somewhere right now. That's how much. And part of the reason they make computer chips, super fast computer chips, and the reason it is skyrocketed so much is the idea that AI is gonna be the biggest thing ever and it's gonna need tons and tons of the fastest computer chips out there to be able to do it. And that's why this is the hottest stock going and only the best chips will do anything less than the best chips, and you don't have a chance of competing. Except for today. We found out apparently that China has their own AI thing called deep Seek, and it's really good and they did it with slow chips, and Nvidia stock dropped twelve percent and people are thinking, whoa, maybe you don't need super fast chips to do AI. Just to skip to some of the headlines on this, deep Seek is the Chinese thing. We were told by experts to come up with this level of AI, and the specialists say Deep Seeks is still behind Open AI and Google, thank god, are good American AIS, but it is a close rival, despite using fewer and much less advanced chips and in some cases skipping many steps the US TO developers thought were essential to be able to do this sort of thing. We were told by our experts it take between one hundred million and a billion dollars to come up with something like this. I mean, you got a the best case scenario one hundred million, but probably somewhere, you know, half billion to a billion dollars in the very fastest ships that exist. Deep Seek did it with, or China did it with much slower trips for about five and a half million dollars. Wow, five and a half million dollars.
Speaker 4: And another aspect of this worth mentioning is that we were told that, don't worry, we'll keep the dirty commies down with these export controls. But evidently they didn't control nearly as much as it was claimed they would.
Speaker 1: In terms of progress, the headline being Silicon Valley is raving about a maid in China a eye model. Deep Seek is being called amazing and impressive despite working with less advanced chips, which is its own because that was our big advantage. We got the super fast chips here in America. You don't have them. We can make them. They're gonna get better and better and better. And if for whatever reason, the Chinese can do it without the super fast chips. Who knows where this goes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Marc Andreesen, the famed Silicon Valley venture capitalists, who said, and he's been advising Trump. He has the ear of the king, he said, quote deep SEEKR one is one of the most amazing and impressive breakthroughs I've ever seen, and he's seen some.
Speaker 1: Deep Seek's advances sparked to sell off, led by chip SHARE's early Monday on concerns over where the US huge spending by US tech giants on leading edge semiconductors and AI infrastructure was even justified. Ew so maybe you didn't need to do all that. Oh yipes, We'll see where this goes. Why, it'd be pretty mortifying if.
Speaker 4: The United States of America had its pants pulled down in the world of fast moving, low budget entrepreneurialism by the communist Chinese.
Speaker 1: That'd be too much to take. It'd be interesting.
Speaker 4: I could take a pair of bicycle repairmen in Ohio beating the US government to the design of the first functioning the airplane powered flight. But man, if it's the rush of the communist Chinese.
Speaker 1: Oof. Yeah, since in theory it's all about being nimble and quick and having the best talent and all these different things that supposedly we have just such an advantage over China. If they were able to do it way less money, I don't know. Well, the communist thumb on them all the time, Yeah, that would be. That would be troubling. Wonder what we missed. You hate to have a communist thumb on you. I wonder what we missed. Did they just get lucky and have a you know, their own Steve Jobs it's just super brilliant, or do we have our own bureaucracies that have built up over time. I'm in some of these tech worlds that are getting thick and sludgy.
Speaker 4: If you ask me to compare and contrast the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles offenses, I could do that for a minute or two and not sound like an idiot. You're asking me how the Chinese pull this off? I will pass and defer to others.
Speaker 1: All right, But I hope the smart people figure out what maybe happened there. Yeah, that's disturbing though. You think they have spies in the tech sector, Well, I guarantee you. I mean they've stole the technology. I guarantee you they do. But so you're like, is it maybe the way the Soviets got the nuclear bomb, they had spies at Los Alamos, Maybe that maybe they got our stuff and added to their stuff.
Speaker 4: I could be yeah, that's absolutely possible. In fact, I think you can assume that there's an element of that. But uh, heck, I mean, if our guys are tech gurus, learned from this all the better.
Speaker 1: Competition. Competition makes you strong longer. Yeah, yeah, if nothing else, it's going to light a fire under their hind ends to want to They go, we ain't. We ain't the king of the hill quite the way we thought we were. Well.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, if communist overlord's design their army of commi bots to sweep over the landscape and subjugate us, now that'll be bad. That won't make us stronger. But competition does generally speak.
Speaker 1: And nobody wants to be under the old CT as we know.
Speaker 4: No, certainly not the old communist thumb commy bots. It's a nightmarish scenario. You know what's another nightmare scenario and much more likely to happen, is somebody break into your house and steal your stuff, or threaten your loved ones, or just remove that sense of security that you have. And that's why I simply save home securities active door take two, Active guard.
Speaker 1: Outdoor protection is so great it stops break ins before they happen. Sorry, he's reading some good texts about the the Chinese AI and stuff like that. I'll bring to you in just a second. And of course they're using AI with the Simply Safe to get an eye on those people that are thinking about breaking in your house and then live agency all that. And you'd think this would be super expensive, but about a dollar a day, sixty day satisfaction guarantee, So there's no risk whatsoever in trying simply Safe. And there's no contract.
Speaker 4: Oh man, any of us who'd squandered our money on the traditional security system. That's amazing, best monitoring you've ever seen your life for around a dollar a day, sixty day satisfaction guarantee your money back, and this year or this month is not going to be much money either. Start the year with a great peace of mind, with simply safe. Go to simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan, your first month free. Again, that's fifty percent off simply safe dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: There's no safe flight, simply save. Somebody texted a good point. A Chinese AI doesn't have to worry about being woke. They're not spending a second thinking about that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, true enough, Although they are up for the Communist Party's evils. They did some test searches on there and you can't get it to say anything mean about Shijin ting.
Speaker 1: But ours are screwed up in that way too. In a way, well, speaking of the evil Chinese Communist Party, how about the news that came out over the weekend. CIA says the most likely way COVID came about is a leak at the wool Wuhan lab. Now, they do say their level of certainty is low, but it's the most likely thing, which is the same thing the FBI said, it's the most likely thing. We can't prove it, but it's the most likely thing. What I was wondering, and I was thinking, I had a certain person in mind when I was thinking about this because I'd had an argument with them after the FBI announced this a couple of years ago, and they said, yeah, but that doesn't prove it. Well, no, I realized that, but it's the most likely thing. Yes, but that's not proof that it is. And I'm My reaction to that crowd and that person would be what are you using for your guidance? Is what's driving your pushback? Is there anything that drives the pushback to this theory other than Trump blamed it on the Chinese and so you don't want to be on his side? Is there anything other than that? No?
Speaker 4: No, certainly not among laymen. I mean, if you are a microbiologist and you say, I do not find the comparison of the spike proteins to natural proteins in bad Standard to be compelling.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, that's all right. I'll listen to you. I think you're wrong, but I'll listen to you. But no, if it's just a layman saying no, no, I think it was naturally occurring because they've been taught to hate everything Trump believes. No, you're a get out of the way, you're a cultist. It's got to be especially now that the FBI and CIA have come out and said it's most likely thing. But the other part of that that I want to make sure you heard because you might not know this if I can find my particular text around that. And we're going to get to the stuff that came out over the weekend about how schools didn't it didn't help anything to have the schools show down the way we did, which is really really maddening. The uh bla blah blah blah. No clear benefit from shutting down the schools. Yeah, we're gonna get into that topic a little bit later. Give myself two seconds to find this. If I can, I'll just summarize it. I don't go ahead. The CIA analysts supporting lab origin. Thing was completed and published internally during the Biden administration. That came out during the Bid Biden administration. You're only hearing about hearing about it now because Trump is in office. It was held from the public by the Biden administration in violation by the way of the COVID Act, which mandated the release. They didn't want. So you're so concerned about misinformation, Joe Biden. Oh, these these social media platforms and they're not even gonna fact check anymore. Jack, and I'm worried about misinformation. How about the opposite of misinformation, hiding facts, which is its own kind of lies bi omission, it's its own misinformation. What do you think about, bat Well?
Speaker 4: That was a thread that ran through virtually all of the Biden administration's COVID policies, dishonesty and suppression of any descent, even when that descent, the Great Barrington Declaration was one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm getting way closer on board to the whole Joe Biden is the worst president we've ever had, and there's a whole bunch of reasons why around his pardons and everything like that. We ought to talk about that, among other things on the way stay with us, Armstrong and Yetti.
Speaker 5: The country's bird flu outbreak is creating egg shortages and sending prices soaring. At least thirty six million egg laying chickens have been killed in recent months to prevent the spread of the virus. There has been no evidence of person to person spread, but at least sixty seven people have been infected and one person has died.
Speaker 1: It spent a great week. I basically hit all my campaign promises, except for the one people cared about. Price of eggs all time high. Who would have thought it'd be easier to get He's firing Gaza. They bring down the price of eggs. You might have to take the yl on that one.
Speaker 6: You know, we're looking into some fabulous alternative egg options, such as seagull or perhaps Catbury.
Speaker 4: One of the few laughs in the Saturday Night Live cold Open. In my opinion, you know it's bad for the birds. The bird flew, there's no doubt about that. And it's certain the price of eggs. But can you stop trying to convince me that I'm going to die of it? We're clearly not anyway. Jack, Every year the major industrialized countries of the year administer and I had no idea of this. A global test of adult know how, which measures job readiness and problem solving among workers in industrialized countries.
Speaker 1: What how do they test my know how?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: They're all sorts of questions that the grill workers between the ages of sixteen sixty f five to do all sorts of stuff, make inferences from sections of text, manipulate fractions, apply spatial reasoning, create a complex travel itinerary read a thermometer, read a thermometer, read a thermometer, and finding information from a website, and American workers are falling behind those in other rich countries. We have lost more ground after the pandemic and have gained less of it back reading a thermometer. Anyway, I could hit you with the statistics, but they are troubling.
Speaker 1: I don't think you really do gain it back. Based on my personal experience and talking to teachers, it's just lost. They're just going to be behind.
Speaker 4: I think if there were a carefully conceived and energetically implemented plan to catch the kids up, I think you could do it.
Speaker 1: But we lack both of those things. Boy, I don't know if that's possible unless you really redid things. Lots of public schools barely many don't reach the incredibly easy proficiency standards that already exist. How are you gonna I mean, if you weren't when you were going to school all the time, how are you gonna catch people? I don't understand how the current structure could do that.
Speaker 4: And if you miss the window of a child, say seven eight years old, when they their brains are just astounding sponges, incredibly effective at picking up information processing it learning.
Speaker 1: You know, you cannot get that back. I think the other.
Speaker 4: But that ought to be true more or less uniformly across the world. Although because of Trump derangement syndrome, our schools were closed much longer than virtually any other countries. And it's inexcusable and unforgivable. I also just think, and there's no denying this. Our schools have gone from an almost exclusive emphasis on learning reading, writing and arithmetic and history and critical thinking to now half a dozen other goals about learning about equity and gender bending, madness and the gender bred person and the rest of it. You know, especially in Blue States, the kids are just they're not focused on excellence. Here's something else having the obvious and inevitable outcome. Here's something I'm surprised I never thought of, or don't know. Did other countries do Zoom school? Did they do like the United States and pretend that Zoom was accomplishing anything, or did they resort to other ways to try to teach their kids, Because if Zoom school didn't exist, you might have been way more likely to come up with a way to educate your kid at home. I don't know, varies country by country obviously, but and I mean this quite seriously, it is so troubling and interesting that this actually happened in my lifetime in ours. In other countries, they didn't have Trump derangement syndrome.
Speaker 1: So when they would get data or see what other countries experience was, they would say, oh, that's interesting, we need to adjust. They wouldn't particularly screeched that it was wrong or evil or you were causing people to die or be banned from Facebook. They just took the information and processed it. Trump's J six pardons were bad. Biden's pardons were so much worse than you know, Statue Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 2: Senator, do you think that President Biden pardoning his own family members set a bad precedent?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, he was wrong to give these pardons. And among other things, what it says now to the Trump family and to President Trump's kids they can engage in any kind of malfeasan's criminality, craft, whatever, and they can expect to pardon on the way out the door. That is not a message you want to send to this family or really any family occupy in the White House.
Speaker 1: That's Senator Adam Schiff, who's so full of crap. I don't know how he sees out his eyes. Senator from California saying, no, Joe Biden shouldn't have pardoned his family. It's horrible, which partially knows you just how much the Democratic establishment has turned on Joe Biden. At this point, you're.
Speaker 4: Farther down the road of immorality than Adam Schiff and he's calling you on it. Wow, pop calling I don't know what a black hole black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not even gonna attempt to cover up for but he was horrible, absolutely horrible. Just to make sure we get both sides here, here's Lindsey Graham, who couldn't be a bigger Trump supporter, saying this, but I fear that you'll get more violence.
Speaker 6: Parting the people who went into the cap and beat up a police officer violently. I think was a mistake because it seems to suggest that's an okay thing to do.
Speaker 1: That's a bad day last week, the pardning of the violent among the January sixth people, and then Joe Biden pardoning his family preemptively. That's just not a good day for the United States of America right there.
Speaker 4: No, indeed, and also Biden's pardoning of the nearly fifteen hundred quote unquote non violent drug offenders pardoning in commutations, some of whom are absolute monsters. And that's the problem with pardoning fifteen hundred people. It's taken quite a while for independent journalists to say, Wow, who are all these people?
Speaker 1: Is this justified?
Speaker 4: And some of them the one guy who he was pardoned because the charge that they sentenced him to several decades in prison for was quote unquote nonviolent. He was running a drug syndicate. This guy, on multiple occasions broke into rivals houses or you know, disobedient dealer's houses, and tortured their loved ones until they told them.
Speaker 1: Where the drugs or the money was. He poured boiling water on the wives and or girlfriends of various associates until they screamed for mercy and revealed where the drugs were. He tased the genitals of one woman until she revealed where the money was. The Feds just hardly, because his victims were so terrified, didn't get convictions on that because.
Speaker 4: They could put them away for thirty five years on running a giant drug syndicate. So they did, and Biden turned this guy loose. Can you imagine the horror of his victims, the guy's on the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fact that some people are starting to pay attention to all of these pardons that Joe Biden unleashed there in the final days and hours. It won't reach very many people, unfortunately, but just freaking horrible. The whole people are in jail for a long time for nonviolent drug offenses has always been, or at least for a long long time, ridiculous. If somebody's in for what seems like a really long charge, look closer at what they were doing with their lives before you jump into the they had a joint, Now they're in jail for ten years. That's not what's going on here. But so my question is, so all these there's a couple of reasons what you just said. People are terrified to some of these violent people, so they don't testify him, and then you against him, and then you got the whole gang culture thing where people tend not to testify against each other. And then the Feds decide what do we need there for? We can put this guy in jail for thirty years on the drug charges. So you do that, where where does Joe Biden and his crowd come up with the we need to release these non violent drug offenders. Does he not know? Did he not? I don't know if he knows anything. His brain didn't work. But did the people write beneath him not know that you got a scumbag like this who's almost certainly going to go out and hurt somebody again. That's when it has become a news story. When he wrote down those who testified against him as we speak. Yeah, when he tortures those people again and this makes the news. Of course, what are you gonna do? Not vote for Joe Biden? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, you know it's funny. I would not have believed the following statement until it became clear that Biden's inner circle was protecting him from all bad news, all bad pole results. They were just not telling the old man. People were warned, we've talked about this before they went into the Oval office, do not give him any bad news.
Speaker 1: Which is just horrendous.
Speaker 4: But now I'm convinced that, Yeah, his left advice, far left advisors convinced them that hey, these fifteen hundred people are all innocence, They've been screwed. It's probably racism, mister President, they're all really nice people and will immediately run out to volunteer for the Kowanas Club and raise money for blind children. And Joe Senile Joe signed the forums and turned them all loose. But here's a couple more. Here's a woman who embezzled nearly fifty four million dollars from the town of Dixon, Illinois, where she was the comptroller.
Speaker 1: And here's a dude.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine, imagine the human carnage and grief that this guy spread. Convicted, he was a head of a management firm. He was convicted of defrauding investors out of more than six hundred and sixty five million dollars according to the paper. How many poverty stricken ulsters are there out there because of this guy, because he made their life savings disappear.
Speaker 1: But no, he was a non violent offender. He had a very long sentence.
Speaker 4: That's not fair, and so Joe just put pen to paper for whoever his Marxist advisers told him to.
Speaker 1: Shocking on for instance, that really horrible example of the violent drug gang leader who was pouring boiling water on people to torture them. Who's now out he's now out and about and free because Joe Biden thought it was a good idea to pardon him. Remembering Joe Biden back in the nineties, he was the whole super predator, really going to double down on our laws guy, We're going to put him in jail of they do anything worse than jaywalking. He said, instead of saying has, I'm gonna say had because I really think he's a past tense guy at this point. He doesn't even really know what's going on. But he had no convictions, He had no standards or morals or ideology. He just did whatever was hot at the time to keep himself in office. And we mentioned this last week. Sarah Isger of The Dispatch wrote a great piece and you can google it. This is one of those dispatches you have to pay for it thing, but some of their best stuff they allow to be out there for free. And you can just google this and read it anywhere you want. The quiet lawlessness of Joe Biden, where she argues that he is the most lawless president we've had in US history. And she's a lawyer and she goes through it thing by thing. If you want to talk about Andrew Jackson and things he did. She comes up with things Joe Biden did also, But then Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Donald Trump, whoever you want to criticize for doing lawless things, there's a there's an equivalent that Joe Biden, except Joe Biden did all of them, not just the individual examples you can use from each presidency. He's the most lawless president we ever had, and he should go down, as she says, he should be infamous forever for this. I don't know that that's gonna happen. Maybe over time. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it will, I really do. He's a miserable failure as a president.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that. A hum being. I care about that obviously, but I don't care about that in the same way the lawlessness needs to be recognized or were we're in a race to the bottom, then of just the whole thing falling apart. If there's not going to be any penalty, Historians, the media, whoever talking about all the things that he did, then of course future presidents are going to do it. Donald Trump and whoever else comes in the.
Speaker 4: Future, right right, And I think we the people need to, regardless of which way we swing, just call it when we see it. If our side is el say, hey, quit being evil. I don't want evil.
Speaker 1: Done on my behalf please. Yeah, that's really rough man and the idea. So I was listening to the podcast which Sarah Isger was talking about. She was making the argument that and a lot of people will probably like this, that Joe Biden's pardons were clearly worse than Donald Trump's j six pardons in that she doesn't think old one eyed what's his name who led the Proud Boys, is going to go out there and lead another insurrection in which cops get beaten down. But she's certain that drug dealer guy is going to go out and torture and murder more people. And I think you can make that argument pretty clearly. Yeah, Well, and you don't have to pick one. You don't think they're both immoral as I do. Ye, you know, call them both. Neither one of them should have happened. Yeah, Oh, it's just it didn't get near the coverage it should have gotten all the way around. Well, and imagine your strategy for getting some cover for yourself is Yes, I'm going to pardon or commune sentences of fourteen hundred criminals, many of whom are monsters. But I will do something so much worse than that.
Speaker 4: I will give preemptive license for lawlessness to all of my family and doctor Fauci, who's probably indirectly responsible for the deaths of millions of people. Yes, that's what I'll do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one you get though, I understand pardoning the family. It's selfish and wrong and the very sort of thing our founding fathers worried about. But you understand why he did it. We're running a family criminal enterprise, and I don't want anybody to pay a price board. I don't understand why you pardoned violent drug offenders because you thought you'd curry favor with the most progressive out there so you could what. No, he just doesn't. No.
Speaker 4: I think you're way over estimating his role in this. No, I wasn't there. I could be wrong, but I seriously think it was very much like when a scammer a monster puts the pen in the hand of a senile elder and has them sign a form to sign over their savings to the fraudster. I think his lefty advisors quite literally defrauded him into thinking he was just turning loose, innocent people who would go and go on to be good for their community because they are neo Marxists.
Speaker 1: So their motivation is there just that gas crowd where nobody should be in jail.
Speaker 4: Empty the prisons, Yeah, George Gascone, Gavin Newsom, that whole super left Marxist empty the prisons crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, that's evil. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hope there are enough sane people close enough to the last White House who will explain how it all went down, And soon I think it'll be far worse and more strange and troubling than we even imagine.
Speaker 1: It's almost got to be, I mean it has to be. How else could you justify a guy like we just described, with the boiling water and the tortures and everything like that, getting out. Yeah, it's well, it's very much like the leftist reform of the three strikes law in California. They would they would hammer on this guy's a non violent fellon look, that conviction was nonviolent, but then you look into his background and you see no, no, that was just the lead conviction.
Speaker 4: That was the big one. That was the longest sentence he got. That was quote unquote nonviolent. It was like selling drugs to school children for a decade. But there's lots and lots of violence there. But they just they shine the or they they hang the shiny object in front of you. Have over one conviction, say he's nonviolent, they're liars.
Speaker 1: Horrifying. I hope he does go down in history as the word. It doesn't have to be the worst president ever. Just a horrible, just horribly, just a horrible, lying human being who did all kinds of things we shouldn't allow presidents to do. Utterly unprincipled. Wow, and he pulled it off for a very very long time. Went to the Bob Dylan movie which is being nominated, was nominated for Best Picture. I want to talk a little bit about that. For a variety of reasons, my son, what does my thirteen year old he was at least twenty years younger than the next youngest person in the theater, for I think obvious reasons. But anyway, stay here, you made it right. Ladders written a long time Armstrong and Yetti. He saw Saturday in a love he saw this, so Timothy Shalomey who plays Dylan in the new movie It's a Complete Unknown. He's nominated for an Oscar for playing Dylan. The Pictures nominated for Best Picture, and he did a couple of and I'm a big Bob Dylan fan. He did a couple of obscured Dylan songs I didn't even know in a very cool block and roll sort of way. He was the host and musical guest. Anyway, he's one of those guys that, like, I don't want to like him because he's really young, and he's really pretty and he just, you know, I don't want to like that kind of guy. But talented and rich too. I hate him. Say that I hate him. Yeah. Anyway, I loved the movie and my son liked it. My thirteen year old really liked it, which was kind of shocking. Well, I actually ended up going on Saturday because I was had a little gathering thingy and somebody came in and said, uh, I went to complete unown lass, Like, oh yeah, I went the other night. It was awesome and it was a and a bunch of people were chiming in with how much they loved it. And it ranged in age from like twenty two seventy two, and I thought interesting, And my son likes Bob Dylan, so he went and he really liked the movie Joe mentioned last week, and I felt the same way. I was hesitant to want to go to that because I like Bob Dylan so much and his music matters so much to me, and I've spent so much time listening to it, and everything just kind of a Hollywood whatever they do in Hollywood version of that was gonna really make me angry or so in short, that's what they do. They ruin things. I didn't want him to take something that I think is important and cool and like dumb it down. They did not. They did not dumb it down at all. Wow, which I really enjoyed it was. It was one of those times where you or felt like, Wow, this TV show or movies actually treating us like smart grown ups, like not worried about the dumb among us, the dumb among us, you know, leave. I mean I like that. I also like anytime you have a bio pic where they don't make the subject always super freaking cool, and he was not. It'd be very easy to come away from that movie thinking he's Dylan's an a hole be very easy to come away with that, yeh and they and they also, uh, I think there's an advantage to just picking a couple year segment of somebody's life and portraying it as opposed to try to do their whole damned life. In doing a half hours, you got to skip so much stuff, and they just skip. Really him showing up in New York to win. It goes electric in sixty five, It ends in sixty five, so and that was long before a lot of other stuff happened. Here's one interesting thing I thought though in his portrayal of Dylan is a guy who's watched a gazillion interviews with Dylan from back in the day. He's got it so nailed it's incredible. But the one detail that I thought it was funny that they picked up on, and it's always bothered me Dylan's long, dirty fingernails. It's always grossed me out. Anytime you see Dylan being interviewed and he like smokes a cigarette, which he does constantly, it's like, dude, do you ever wash your hands? Gross his long dirty like you can see the black dirt under his fingernails. And timothey shallowy has long, dirty fingernails. The whole movie in which I thought interesting little detail is it? Yeah, it really is. And again I mentioned last week i'd write a review. I don't know if I'd have picked up on this otherwise, but the idea that a young famous guy didn't go along with the socialists with what they wanted him to do is awesome. Ed Norton. Pete Seeger, the banjo player, gives a speech about you know, we've got a teeter totter and it's all waited on one side, and we're trying to wait it so it's more balanced across the country, and you're helping us balance out that teeter totter. And Dylan's like, no, I'm not. I don't care about the teeter daughter of social justice and everything. And at the end of the movie they say Pete Seeger goes on to live a life of fighting for social justice and Joan Biaz goes on to donate to and I don't know what their point was, if, like Dylan let down the social justice world or what, but he didn't care. I guarantee you that no. Yeah, well, okay, interesting, but if you're Dylan fan, it's not going to creep you out. Okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna have to seek that out or probably wait till it's on cable.
Speaker 1: My brother's seen it twice. He liked it so much and he's a big dealing oh wow. If you miss a segment, get the podcast, you should subscribe Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty