Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Ho Ho Ho Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick, what's up buddy? My sweet holiday shirt that I got a Target, Thank you they do good holiday shirt. My Christmas story t shirt Rich says is overrated. But speaking of things we sleep on, we give props to the packers after a big win Monday night. Don't be sleeping on them. But I think we established something. Rich, it's good to be slept on. It really is sometimes good to be slept with pe. All right, Yeah, let's end on that. Let's do that CNR on FSR everything at Covino and Rich have an action packed hour for you. We're going to talk a lot about Christmas gifts and sports toys and ri to Christmas movies. But this hour is brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan, try the tire decision guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires. Special offer. Free Road has a protection and mobile tyranstallation tyre reck dot com. We tire buying should be two quick questions that We're going to get to some R rated Christmas movies. We'll talk some sports toys, some NFL. Do you have a problem with Lamar Jackson saying that he's going to check out Beyonce at halftime, because I think he's serious. If you don't know, Christmas Day tomorrow, you got the NFL. I think they're looking to humiliate at the NBA. I think they're looking to step on basketball, be like we own every Holidays suckers. I think the NFL is coming out with Mariah Carey, who's singing all I Want for Christmas is You, and that leads in to the Chiefs Steelers, two playoff teams. Then later in the day, Yeah, got the Ravens at Houston, and who's a Houstonian, Queen Bee? Beyonce is going to be doing an extended halftime, and Lamar Jackson's like, Yo, I'm checking it out. Sorry, Coach Harball, he said, I'm going out there to watch first time seeing Beyonce perform, and it's at our game. It's dope. I'm going out there. I'm watching. Sorry, fellas, I do have a problem with it. What if they're winning by twenty then it's more acceptable but it's like the giants partying on a boat. It's really we'll never forget that j Victor Cruz storyline. It's like, yeah, it wouldn't have been a deal if they won the game. If something goes wrong or there's a lack of focus, it's all going to lead back to that. So I wouldn't put myself in that position to give anybody ammunition against me in a big game like that. Beyonce is not that important, you know what, Like I'm watch for people and I'll be home chilling playing stat Boy. Get the hell out of here. You're not going to watch Beyonce perform at halftime when you're sitting at home on Christmas Day. I mean, I think she's hot. I'm not into her music or anything. It's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I've always said that I appreciate her as an artist, and I know that she makes good music. I guess, but it's just not my Thot's not my music. I Jay Stu agree one undred percent. I think Beyonce is more of a pop culture icon than someone who's music I love. Justin Timberlake falls in the same category for me. I appreciate him as an artist. I just don't like his music.
Speaker 2: But to say you're not gonna watch, like, what was it a year ago? Was it Thanksgiving? A Christmas? A year and I'm ready for her jelly where it's not the music where we watched. Remember we all watched Dolly Parton at the Cowboys game and I like.
Speaker 3: And then there are some creepy there's a lot of social media creeps out there.
Speaker 2: Creeps came out. But my point is you're sitting around on Christmas Day, you're watching the football game. You're gonna turn off halftime? No, but I'm not like tuning in for that. It's a pop culture moments watching the game. I think your head's got to be in the game. So I do have a problem with Lamar Jackson doing that. I do what you're referring to Cavino is optics, right. So remember Evan McPherson at the Super Bowl that the Bengals went to a couple of years ago. He stayed and watched eminem and those guys, and then the Bengals lost. So like, if you lose, you're just opening yourself to criticism that you weren't fully focused on the game. Now that even if that's not true, that's how it looks. Optics are no new thing in sports. I always have My favorite example was only because I'm a stupid Mets fan. Remember when remember when you assessus was like the rage for the metsro a couple of years Cesspatis had a hip injury and it was like when is he coming back? And all Metros like, you'll get this guy back on the field, and there's all these videos of him golfing.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't optically golf. You might be able to. Optics matter, you can't be like my brother sending me pictures of yourself on vacation when you owe me money. Optics matter, and I think it matters in a big game like this. His priority, I get it. He wants to see her dancing around all the single ladies. He wants to see the bugaboo. He wants to see her do her queen bee thing. I get it. But there's a time and place. This isn't it? So has he earned it? He's a great player. So you're what you're saying. I think it's bad timing. It's a bad look. It's just not necessary. You're saying, Lamar Jackson isn't ready for this jelly. I don't think he should be making time for that. Last time Beyonce performed at halftime for all the stat boys out there, the Ravens won a Super Bowl, So maybe Ravens Beyonce go to go together. Well, you asked, You asked me. If I think it's a good look. I don't think it's a good look. Do I like Lamar Jackson, Yeah, he's great. Do I think he should be worried about Beyonce? No, like he should be worried about football. Like imagine if in our commercial breaks, you like ran down the hall, I don't know, like something was on the TV in the kitchen, and you were like there the whole time, and then you run back in at the last second and you start flubbing your words the whole segment, or you don't know what we're talking about. You mean, what Richard does all the time? What would you do all the time? It lacks focus. It's not like it's gonna wear him out or like throw him at but like he's not aligning with the old saying head in the game, Head in the game, keep your head in the game. That's it. You're head in the game. If you're watching Beyonce's Like, it's not like she's right outside the locker room and he can like peak his head out and watch. He has to like there's a journey from the locker room to wherever he would be watching. He's insinuating that he's gonna be huge, the insinuation that he'd be skipping any type of post. I'm sorry, like halftime adjustments or talks or chats or anything. But I don't know the level of seriousness. But you're right, McPherson stayed at There have been players that have somehow watched a halftime show. It's a regular season game with ramifications. That's also a thing. They're tied right now, I believe, right with with the Steelers in that division. That being said, what if because didn't they double the length of halftime? Yeah, so what if he like runs in for half of it and then comes out for half of it, It is technically like an actual halftime. Well, if you think of it that way. If the Steelers lose the early game, which they're three and a half point dogs to the Chiefs, If the Steelers losing Baltimore wins, Baltimore now is in first place in the AFC North. So there are stakes in this game, well, and the stakes that that that you're not thinking about. Somebody in the studio has Lamar Jackson as his fantasy quarterback in his Super Bowl tomorrow. How you feel about it? Just he needs to think of those guys, not Beyonce is rump. I mean it's hard not to, but I get it, Lamar Jackson. Tomorrow. Everyone will be watching because it's just on, except for Cavino that's when he dips away from some eggnog rump a pump pump. No, I'll be watching, but I'm not like sitting there like, oh I hope she sings. Yeah, agreed, Like I don't care about that at all. And the fact that they're extending it fifteen minutes for her as a little eye rolly. You'll watch them bounce plates on their head at halftime. Yeah, that's more entertaining to me. I mean, people watch things just fun. I'm impressed. Well, anyway, that's Davis. What are your thoughts on Lamar Jackson? Hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. We got Chaset Dow on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox but Jay s dou nailed it with the word that we love. We love to talk about it in the sports world because it is so true optics when a player's injured and you see them doing other things. When when when you see a guy lose a big fight or big game and he's smiling with the other team or I always remember one of the years the Patriots lost the Super Bowl. I remember, within an hour or so, like Gronk was doing the worm at an after party. I'm like, they just lost the super Bowl and he's doing the worm. He does a hell of a worm, though, and I'm thinking to myself, I mean, if you did a worm like that, you'd want to do it. There's fans crying that the Patriots lost, and here's Gronk doing the worm. So keep in mind, these guys are human, they have interest, they want to do things. But optics, optics, optics, you can't. It's you know, you can't call out sick from work, and then you know, go on Instagram posting how you know you're on the town. You're right. Your brother can't be posting how he's in you know, I'm in the Bahamas with my girl yo, and he owes you five grand you know, like you you can't be you have to optically think fees things through quick phone call on at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, Who will go to Rick in Tennessee? What's up right?
Speaker 5: Hey? Guy's not a lot. I hadn't want just to reverse on this for y'all. Yeah, Hey, what if what if Beyonce was seeing on the sidelines watching Lamar play Lamar playing, and then at halftime she screwed up? Would that be bad optics or she did better at halftime because of it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. You know why because she's not the focal point, Like it's the game. She's at the game, You're not at the Beyonce show. That's the way I look at it, Like, you can't help but watch the game and all she's doing is singing a song. I mean, keep it by Travis Kelce has dodged every bullet because since he's dated ten Taylor Swift, they've won a Super Bowl, they have one loss this year. If that train got off the track, do you know how much? Pick it up? Pick it up? Pick it up? Didn't you go to Brazil for the bye week?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He like fans are waiting, they're they're they're waiting for their favorite stars to mess up. In that capacity I've seen. I've seen players on teams that are struggling, posting during the bye week, like getting a week away with my girl in a cabin, and there's players are like, you should be focus, pro, you should be focus. Like it's all optics, Jay Stune. They will do with that simple word optics. And listen, if Lamar and the Ravens win thirty one thirteen and the Texans look, you know, mediocs and and it's and it's a pretty solid win. I don't think anyone's gonna care for Lamar Jackson peaks his hat. He's like yo, Queen Bee, but he's brought attention to it. If they if they lose, then you know it's a different story. Now I want to bring one up, one thing up, because it is the holiday season. And yesterday I told you about how I watched Home Alone with my kids. Last night we watched Home Alone two and my hot take and I I'm firm on this feear. And may I say Home Alone two lost in New York just as good, maybe even more entertaining at times than the first one. Home Alone two fan freak fantastic. I thought you were going to say the bird Lady is actually appeers Morgan, that is another hot take. Why don't you pull a Rob Parker and say it's better than It's a Wonderful Life? What is? Yeah? Sure, you don't think Home Alone is better than a wonderful beast Christmas movie of all time? You do wrong. You're making a joke. I'm making a joke because you're Home Alone two is way better than It's a Wonderful Life. Yeah, okay, marry them said, what do you ninety five years? Oh yeah, it's a classic Grids You're right, You're right man, one hundred years. Man, I ever might be talking about homelone two. I'm not saying it sucks. I've seen it. I think they will be talking about Yeah sure man, yeah yeah yeah for real. Now I'm being seriously, I want to strangle you. Don't think people can be talking about Home Alone? Hey dude, you're you're alone on this one. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, but you're gonna say it's better than it's wonderful life. You're a bonehead. That's it's whaterful. Well, we're still talking about it. I think if people used to watch it because it's a classic. I think if you serve it one hundred people, if you serve me one hundred idiots that believe what you believe. Yes, but if if you ask people with a brain, they're gonna be like, yeah, it's a good movie, but it's not a class. If you serve it one hundred people a shitty acres retirement home, they might say it's a wonderful life. Dude. There's a reason it's still aired around Christmas time after all these years. Now is it nineteen forty something? Cheap syndication?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Did that come out? The Home Alone two is epic. It's a good movie. I'm glad you liked it. You really think it's a wonderful life?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You done? Forty six? Nineteen forty six, we're still talking about it.
Speaker 3: This segment of The Dan Patrick Show will always be known in one hundred years as Rich Alone.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie. I'm glad you're like prisoner of the moment, you had a great experience movie. It's a good movie from nineteen ninety two. It's not like a new movie where I'm like, hey, guys, this new movie's really gonna catch on Home Alone and Home Alone two. I'm glad you really loved the Bird Lady Rich, I'm glad it resonated with you. It's not it's a Wonderful Life, Plaza, Tim Curry. Can I tell you the one part of this movie I did want to bring up. I didn't think. I didn't think I was gonna be fighting with this moron about an old black and white movie being as good as Home Alone two. That doesn't mean it's not good, hard rummy, but it's like you telling me you saw a movie last night, but it's better than the Wizard of Oz. It's like, it's not it's a good movie, but it's not batter to compare. It's a Wonderful Life. That's a good movie. Classic Christmas movie, Mary, rob Angel, get your wing Wizard of Ozrich Visually, yes, but not not. You know, it's a great movie. It's a fan fiction prequel. I love both. Home Alone two is not even in the same conversation as a wicked hom Alone two is a good movie, the holiday movie, dude, and it's fantastic. It would be on the top of many People's List. I was gonna bring up that. I think there's a part of the movie that infuriates me and the more I watch. You ever see a Facebook memory pop up and you're like, I still feel that way? Is it a cheap Uncle Frank is I I saw a Facebook memory pop up and I was like, oh, I'm so glad my opinion has not only not changed, it is firmer that Kevin's brother Buzz is a piece of trash. It is all so and the family. I think I think the whole McCallister family sucks ass. I think they're all terrible. Uncle Frank's the worst. They're the worst. So Kevin goes to this show, a school concert. You've seen the movie. It's better than It's a wonderful life. Kevin goes to the school concert his older moronic brother, Buzz, Buzz Buzz. Have you seen Buzz's girlfriend, Buzz, who's honestly just like a chubby turd. No one likes Buzz. He had a sweet flat town but he did. Yeah, he had a Howie long haircut. He had a Brian Bosworth. So Buzz come. None of those siblings look like Buzz is playing the air drums on Kevin's head with those little candles, act like an ass, humiliating his younger brother. Everyone. He's Chris Tile Christmas time. It's fun and everyone in the crap, including his terrible uncle Frank. Frank the worst is laughing. Kevin is humiliated in a school setting. Then he shoves Buzz and of course everyone falls, let me tell you. And then Kevin's supposed to apologize. I've been I've been in chorus. I was in chorus most of my school career. It's not easy to get a solo at a concert, especially at Christmas show. Kevin worked hard for He worked hard for that, and then he had to go home and apologize to his whole family. Buzz is the worst. Buzz sucks. Eat that and what else does? It's a wonderful life when you compare to this one. Sure all right, well, speaking of movies, sure Home on two is a great one, no question about it. But I want to talk about the best R rated Christmas movies. It's Christmas Eve, Honkle's Tomorrow and Queens, It's Christmas Eve. I'm Christmas Steve, Steve Cavino, Rich Davis in for Dan Patrick. Day two of the Dan Patrick Holiday hat trick, and I imagine some sort of Jacob Marley Ebone's a screoge type of hat. Sure, Dan Patrick Hatrick, the the Marley Marley. So let's continue with the movie talk and then we're gonna talk Christmas sports, toys and Mike Tyson next time, Mike Tyson. That's gonna be a lot of fun. So let this be a reminder that we have a bonus podcast called over Promised that you could listen to and watch. You could watch it on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. Watching it is so much better because it really is. It really is a fun watch because we have video elements and everything. It's like it's like a TV show, a video podcast called over Promised. Cavino's right, well worth the watch, and this is a good reminder who watch it because we sort of went over this a couple of weeks ago. But it's worth readdressing being that it is Christmas Eve and it's when Rich and I agree it's fact and we agree on four of the five best R rated Christmas movies. Your stomach growing, Yeah, I'm hungry, ID and't have any breakfasts. Goodness that was heard around the country. That was a that was like that was like the radiator in Kevin's basement in homel On two. That's exactly what it was like. So we agree on four of the five. I want to know what you think, Dan Patrick, Fox Sports Radio Nation, want to go over the list. Next, we'll give you our top five No nighttime raded R. By the way, rad it R. This is not the fun one you co watch with the kids. We're not talking about It's Wonderful Life for l for Home Alone, or The Grinch. These are the movies that have so holiday heart, but.
Speaker 1: They rated R.
Speaker 2: There might be a little nudity, there might be bad language the rated R holiday movies. There is a clear I think top five and the fact that Coavino and I agree on four of the five means that I say, this is a list that you guys have to jot down and we'll do it next right here, Covino and rich In for the Great Damn Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich Davis and together, we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. Hmm. Happy holidays, Kelly Clarkson right, who threw some shade at her ex husband. I like how Rich pretended to not know, but he's like her biggest fan. I do love Kelly Clachson. While you making it sound like this shame in that I'm not too cool like you are. I'm calling out the fact that you pretended to not mount. Sorry, I know you love her. Sorry, it's not limp biscuit. You mean limp Christmas Christmass. I just want to make sure because I think this is one of those songs that breaks the Christmas code. And I saw that she threw some shaded at her ex husband. And when you have kids, I know there's a lot of people living that divorce life where you try your hardest not to throw shade at your ex. I know it's not always easy. She posted a picture. You just give me a Trump right there. I know it's not always easy. Not easy. Did you hear this? Guys? Not easy? Are you Ryan Seacrest or Donald Trump? Figure it out. I don't know who I'm talking to. I had to turn around because I thought Trump was there. Let me tell you something, It's not easy. So that's Kelly Clark. Then you're American Idol it's not easy. It is not easy anyway, you know, I'm you know, sometimes I'm morphed between the Donald and Seacrest, I guess. But she threw shaded her ex husband, posting a picture of we're stockings by a chip by a fireplace and it said Kelly her two kids' names, and the last stockings said nope, And people like, is that necessary? Like I feel like during the holiday season's petty, but it's funny. Maybe it was just a funny thing. I don't. I like Kelly clarks it's definitely patty. I know you're a bigger fan of a klay Aiken, huge fan.
Speaker 3: Ruben Stuttered is Clarkson's ex. Justin Wareni. No, that was the guy she just beat on American and I glad you guys got that. Yeah, but he is no sweet one. He's the sweet one. You know that No on the doctor Pepper commercial. You know, the little tiny guy.
Speaker 2: The sweet one. It's that sweet one. This is Justin Warreini. Yes, what do you think it was? Prince? No, Justin greeny Man. Yeah. So anyway, that's Chance Stu. He's on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Chase Stu producing. Well, he's great to see Jason always you got Mark Ramsey, Is Cavino and Rich in for Dan Patrick, Spotty's on the Videos, the most interactive show on radio Again. We're on from two to four on the West Monday through Friday five to seven on the East. But just search Covino and Rich Revery stream podcast. In fact, we have a bonus podcast called over Promised, which you could watch on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. And that's basically what we're highlighting right now because we sort of talked about this on over Promise, but I really didn't dive into the best R rated Christmas movies. I'm wondering if we forgot any, and don't forget Next Hour if you're still hanging with us, which I hope you are. We caught up with Mike Tyson a week ago and he really is one of the most fascinating dudes on planet Earth Christmas and he talked about everything from edibles to his fight with Jake Paul to everything so licking toads and drugs and everything. So Mike Tyson Next Hour right here in for Dan Patrick, Cavino and Rich. So let's get into this. Your top five rated R Christmas movies. When you're watching a holiday movie, well you want some laughs. You don't care if there's a little nudity or some cursing. The movies that you're not watching around your kids that are highly entertaining. Well, I want to take it back on a Tuesday, real quick, Whatny Frank stallone? Do do do do? Take it back to the thrill of when you were a kid and just hoping that it was an R rated special feature on HBO that music we're kicking.
Speaker 4: Do do Do do?
Speaker 2: Ed r Yes, and you're so happy you stayed up late to watch that rated R movie. I just wanted to reminisce and experience that with you, Rich because that was a thrill because you knew you were going to see some some good quality entertainment when you saw that rated R. What are you gonna say? Some things good quality entertainment. Now, speaking of R rated movies, these are the best R rated Christmas movies according to us. And you could agree, disagree, add a few, but these are the top five. We agree on four of them. So number five is The Night Before? Have I not seen this movie? It's seth Rogan, Anthony Mackie, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Lizzy Kaplan, James Franco. It's just a story of a bunch of pals that are hanging out, you guys, the night before Christmas. Some of them Seth Rogan, he's Jewish, so they were celebrating Honkah Christmas together, old pals. They try to go to some crazy party, but there is a lot of like sex and drugs and craziness and it's just a good, like a good, laugh out loud Christmas Hanukkah comedy. Yeah, it's their yearly reunion and it's got hot. Saw in twenty fifteen. I saw it with you. I remember that. So it came out twenty fifteen, number five R rated Joseph Gordon Levitt, Seth Rogan the night before Anthony Mackie shout out to him, and that brings us to number four. When did this one come out? Trying to remember twenty sixteen? I believe because it was Christmas party, because you remember a young Jimmy Butler, because he had a cameo in the movie. It was twenty sixteen, and that stands out to me, believe it or not, because he wasn't household name lovable, everybody knows Jimmy Butler. At the time, he was star on the Rise, and he has this cameo as himself in the mofy so Office Christmas Party with our pal at the time, Olivia Munn. Jason Bateman, who everybody loves. By the way, carry On, Aniston. Have you watched Carry On yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't Fantastic on Netflix? Pretty good, but digg, I know there's a lot of buzz TJ. Miller's in that one guy's office Christmas Party, and that's exactly what it's about. The whole point of that movie is that it's like a company that's sort of like shutting down or they're trying. They need a couple of big clients, so to entertain the clients they throw a ridiculous party. And is don Cheetah in that movie. No, it's Tim Meadows. It is Tim Metos, Tim Metos at I'm jok. We always say it's like the same guy, so good office Christmas Party, Jason Bateman at his usual self. Everything about that movie's fantastic, So Jason Bateman Aniston Office Christmas Party. That's a now number three on our list of R rated Christmas movies, agree or disagree. Oh, two thousand and eight. Four Christmases. I recommend this to my mom the other day and she's like, it was so funny. My Mom's like, I need a Christmas movie to watch, and she's watched all the classic like Happy Ones. I go, you want to watch something just really funny. Vince Vaughn, Reese Witherspoon. They both come from divorce families. Let's just say Christmas plans get out of hand if you haven't seen this movie. And they visit all four of the families. Yeah, and all four families obviously are very different and dysfunctional and crazy. Four Christmases definitely got to be on this list, you know what's crazy about it? Though, Rotten Potatoes gave it twenty five percent. As I that's why I run Potatoes Potatoes. I don't believe that crap because if that's the case, every Adam Sandler movie or dumb movie we loved in our childhood, Tommy Boyce, you know Farley movies probably all got terrible ratings there too. So Vince Vaughan at his best, your favorite I've enna with again? Oh, Katie mix In from Eastbound and is in that movie You'd love Me Some Katie Mixon Four Christmases two thousand and eight. That brings us to number two in our top rated R rated Christmas Movies that you could check out this weekend, instead of A Christmas Story, which I'm representing as we speak, which has the most overrated. If it didn't air, if they didn't have a deal with like a cable provider, I don't know if that movie would have ever gained steam. In fact, the sequel they made like a year ago was better than the original. I thought the sequel was good. Yeah, I think A Christmas Story missus the Mark and everyone else loves it. I don't get it. Remember how we talked about the packers first hour and how people sleep on them? But now you're taking note, But it's going to be slipped on right because I don't know. It's a nice way to sneak in, like, ah, gotcha, you are looking for me? But here I am. I feel like people sleep on our number two because I think that people forget it's a Christmas movie. No, not diehardy boneheads. Daddy's Home too. Daddy's Home two is so good that it could be my number one. I mean think of the cast Will Ferrell, Yeah, are you jaysetu? I feel like you're not. You're like, huh, Daddy's Home too, Daddy's Home not a Christian original? Yeah, yeah, so did I And I watched the second one with like maybe like not the highest hopes like a sequel to Daddy's Homes really good. It takes place around Christmas. It's a straight up a Christmas and it's Will Ferrell. It's Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg and their dads are Mel Gibson and John Lithgow. Yeah, and they're all in like a cabin for the holidays, and John in it and John. It's ridiculously entertaining. It really is.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, have I seen this? Which one does the Do they know it's Christmas? Is that the original? Are they in a movie theater? Yes, that's one.
Speaker 2: That's one two, that's part two.
Speaker 3: That's part two. Yeah, that's a great movie. So I've seen both of them. Interesting, you have seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see people forget Let's Sleep on Daddy's Home too. It is a Christmas movie. It's not like a debate like we think it's a Christmas. No, it is a Christmas movie. There's a funny fight scene by the Nativity scene. Oh it's really funny man, and the cast is great. Twenty seventeen. I'm like a tough like I don't want to like these movies, and I like this movie. So that's Daddy's Home two. That's our number two in our best R rated Christmas Movies. Now here's where it gets touchy because Rich and I couldn't disagree more on our next two selections here because Rich has a number one and I have a number one, and I can't necessarily say, oh, this is the greatest one of all time, but I just hate his so much that anything's better than his choice. My choice for number one is a movie that I feel like you have to watch every year. Barf. It's it's a combination of like eight great stories into one fantastic tale. There's heart, there's humor. There's a porn scene. It's not a porn scene, the porn standing. You know, nothing says Mary Christmas like a good porn scene. Am I right? Maybe you want to cover your kid's eyes during that part. There's office romance, there's sadness. If you don't appreciate love, actually, he's probably bad person weakest movie ever, honestly, and I know Jaysu you like it, so I feel back. So I love Jase Tere. I can't believe you like this. I honestly, you're a man of great taste. The soundtrack, I can't believe it. That's phenomenal. I hate this movie. He got a beatlesome Kelly Clark. He likes to do the dance that Hugh Grant does. Yeah, now here's the thing. Rich and I have been doing the show for twenty years, right and Rich always says this is his favorite Christmas movie. I do find it to be appropriate for this conversation because we're specifically discussing R rated Christmas movies. Okay, so I do believe that. Okay, maybe it's on this list, or at least it belongs in the discussion because it's an R rated Christmas movie. But he brings it up all the time as his all time favorite, no matter what. And that's where I have the problem. But I'm gonna say Bad Sanna as a current day, not your current day, but a newer classic for sure media because I feel like it started the really jump started the genre of R rated Christmas movies. Bad Santa, Therman Merman, Fortune Fimster as Thurman Merman, right or is that Iowa? Sam? I can't tell Thurman Merman, Billy, Bob Thornton, Bernie mac Bad, Santa Bro. So your thoughts because I despise Love Actually, give me a break. I watched that movie. I hated it. I don't know what can you hate about it? Like it was any redeeming anything. It's like the beginning scene of the h that starts with the slow motion airport scene, right, yeah, I thought that was like a beautiful scene. Everything else suck and people forget that.
Speaker 3: The most iconic scene from Love Actually are the cards, right, the cards to the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Rick from The Walking Dead?
Speaker 3: Right, that's the thing most people think, Wait, is that Rick from the Walking Dead? That's what he's gonna Andrew Lincoln. But did Bet Sanna not make Top five?
Speaker 2: Rich not a fan? So out? Yeah? Yeah, so out of the top five. And by the way, they both came out. They both came out two thousand and three, Love Actually and Bat Santa interesting. Yeah, I mean Billy Max singing is Christmas song? Corny Liam Neeson trying to find love? I mean, because the weakest roll ever and I love Liam Neeson, Hugh Grant, Corny Corny, I hate them, but hey, if you want to weigh in eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox convin On rich In for the Great Dan Patrick. What is the greatest rated are Christmas Movie? And because it's Christmas Eve, rich we also want to go over quickly the best Christmas sports toys that you got growing up, because we haven't that we have a number one, believe it or not. That's an easy one. So we'll take some phone calls. We'll get to that. There's some other, obviously stories in the world of sports. I want to get to a little preview of tomorrow's Christmas Day games and we'll hear from Mike Tyson next hour. So all coming up right here Covin on rich on Fox Sports Radio in for Dan.
Speaker 1: Patrick, or to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp Ah.
Speaker 2: This is the song Things. I can't believe you're playing this, Mark get it, Imma Shows, Billy mac Bro Yeah, Ja Stu, how do you allow this? It's sizz all the Ja Stue on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Covino and richend for Dan Patrick, Mark on the ones and twos. Rich Davis and his Glory because He Loves Love. Actually the worst Christmas movie of all time, but we are talking the best R rated Christmas movie, so I do understand because this is R rated. But we're gonna get to your phone calls next. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Rich for getting in on all the hoops, football and hockey action at DraftKings Sportsbook in the season Againning, we're being gifted college football, college basketball, Pro football, and pro basketball pro hockey almost twenty four to seven. You got great games, and here's a gift for new cust bet five bucks. You get that one fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code Patrick. That's code Patrick for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins when your bet is just five bucks. Happy Holidays from DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem. Call one eight hundred Gambler in New York Call eight seven seven eight hope in Why or text Hope and Why four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus ASI and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNNG dot COO slash b Ball.
Speaker 2: Now next hour Mike Tyson, the Real Mike Tyson, and we're to talk more Christmas sports toys, the favorite sports toys you got growing up. But your phone calls now at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. If you want to hear more of this, we did it on Over Promised our bonus podcast that's on Fox Sports Radios. YouTube page number five The Night Before offers Christmas party for Christmases Daddy's Home two. I Say Bad, Santa Rich says love Actually and we go to you now your favorite R rated Christmas movie. Let's go to Night in Indiana. What's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: I like Friday After Next with ice Cube and my cap from Cat William.
Speaker 2: I do like that one, so I don't know if ya I do. Yeah, I like that one a lot. It just didn't make my top five, but I do like that one. There's a few more that I actually do like, but it's hard to get them all in there. But thanks man, appreciate it. I think if a movie has Christmas in it, I don't know if that makes it a Christmas movie. Like our buddy Veto, you know, we're talking about how we you know, you roll your eyes and how people have to bok or because then you can say the same about lethal weapon. There's movies where there's a holiday backdrop, and I don't know if a holiday backdrop means it's a crazy absolutely Rambo. Yeah, well, speaking of which, Rambo, if Rocky four, if you fought Drago on Christmas Day, is that a Christmas movie? Absolutely? I mean, come on, you gotta put some parameters here.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, Yes, Trading Places a Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever seen it.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, you haven't seen Jamie Lee Curtis in all her glory Oh my goodness, I think Knoxville.
Speaker 2: I thought, I said Jamie Lee Curtis and all her glory with Arnold.
Speaker 3: And uh, it's more of her, much more of her glory in nineteen eighty two Trading Places. It's in one of the first Eddie Murphy movies. Dan Ackroyd, Right, I think that's on the border of holiday movie or not.
Speaker 2: He's got to be on the border because I'm Mexican. I think I think, I think it is and on the border one, you know, we left off. I'm you know, I don't want to take people's answers. I feel like this two we left off. Let's go to Joel in South Carolina. But that's a good one. Jay Stuve, what this is R rated Christmas movies? What's up?
Speaker 8: I can't believe the consensus wasn't bad saying, man, that is the best movie R rated movie.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm on the scene planet as these guys. When I'm seeing bat Santa and are seeing love actually anywhere differ it to me? That's the epitome of an R rated Christmas movie?
Speaker 8: Can I fix you a sandwich?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 8: That's the best band movie ever. Hey, I got to bail you guys out on catching up with some gifts. These are six gifts for twenty five dollars total. It will catch all of and make everything equal. Silly Putty, Uno cards, Slinky Yo Yo, the light up, one magic eight ball, and any damn thing with a nerf ball. That is six gifts that you can buy. There'll be pushed about thirty bucks. It will get six more things to open up.
Speaker 2: You know he's right. I was if you missed the first out of the show saying how I have to do a couple errands today because I realized there is an imbalance of my kid's presence. And I know that shouldn't matter, but everyone silly Putty is more of a stock. Everyone here, it's your Easter bunny toy. Everyone here agreed that if you got more than one kid, they count, all right, they count presence. It's ridiculous. Fish and Pa, what's up?
Speaker 9: Fish? Without a doubt?
Speaker 2: Bad Tanna, thank you.
Speaker 9: And one time I was excited to see that it was on the TV and they actually censored it, which was fruitless obviously without.
Speaker 2: When they censor, when they used to censor movies on that's a topic in itself the bad edits they would do when they would censor a movie on like TBS or something like when they switched the F word with flipping flipping. No, my favorite was the movie Major League. You may run like Cays, but you hit like they said my sister. I remember thinking that that was the worst overdouble a time. You made run Hayes, but you hit like my sister. Let's go to Devin in Florida Devon best rated R Holiday movie. What's up, dude?
Speaker 7: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna put a shout out for uh violent night Yo.
Speaker 2: I watched it last year. It was fantastic. It really was great. David. It's really really entertaining in the silliest way. It really was. Is that the lead from Stranger Things?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That dude he played? He played David Harbor plays Santa. And it's like an like really like an action movie. It's fantastic, you know. I remember all the hype about it came out in twenty twenty two, and I don't know if I've seen it. Really, it's honestly, it's a silly watch. I tried watching Red One the other night with the Rock and maybe like Kay Simmons. Right, Yeah, maybe I was tired, but I don't know. I just I was like, yeah, it's right. Uh, Eric in California, what's up?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, great show this morning. Fun.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 7: I just want to say for the and you just brought it up while I was on hold, I was like, for the people that think die Hard is a Christmas movie, how is it not rocky for Christmas movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because Paulieu Paul got a road though the robot was for his birthday. Happy Birthday, POULI. But if a movie just has some type of Christmas backdrop doesn't mean there's a lot of lead up to Christmas Day. Like Diehard takes place on Christmas Eve, and you could argue at Christmas party the entire time, and you could argue that our gyle the Limo driver is playing Christmas in Hollis. That's in the credits. The movie did come out in the summer. I got two that we didn't mention, So I know there's someone pulling their hair out in their car. Or listen on the app right now, Christmas Vacation Chevy Chase a classic one. Is it R rated? Yeah? I guess it is.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say no, I would say it's PG okay, right, then I'm off the hook head.
Speaker 2: I thought his little rant about Jelly the Month Club had a couple f bombs in there? Is that not true Christmas? That doesn't automatically mean that was talk before PG thirteen, right, so it's like PG or R. It's PG thirteen. So all right, you're wrong or not wrong, but no, it doesn't. I want to give an honorable mention to Ryan Reynolds and Anna Faris Just Friends, really good movie Forget that's also way yes, So we're good. Stick with our top five. If you have any other thoughts, hit us up at Covino and Rich. We got more next, Mike Tyson