Speaker 1: It's time for the b a q a a to b a q a what to say the b a q a just tiphany the b a q a no man day to b a q a A. Hey ba, fam, It's me Tiffany, love my Jenny Star. Mandy's not in today. That's all right, because I'm gonna hold you downtown, Julie Brown. Good night, Bubba we ba. Some of y'all don't even understand, like some of you too young. Google Julie Brown.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: If you want to ask any questions, you can d m us on ig Brown and Bison podcast, or you can send us an email at the Brownmbision Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: But remember this as you ask questions me and Mandy. Although we are too super smart, cute, fabulous, even brown.
Speaker 1: Girls, we are not your doctor, your attorney, your financial advisor, not your mother.
Speaker 2: We are your favorite and cousins when it comes to money and such.
Speaker 1: So you got to take what we share with the smallest tiniest grain of salt, and you're going to lean into the people that you pay for advice for the final say, while mixing it with your own. Okay, because man is not here, I'm about to act bad baby or no, no, we don't say that no more because we don't deal with him like all right, I'm about to act up baby. So we're going to take business questions that I get all the time. So y'all know that I mentor young women, not young women, but women in general and business through my mentor Tiffany dot com if you want to be one of my mentees. And here's something that's been coming up a lot lately in my business and in their businesses. So I figure we haven't had a business, baqa. Even if you're like, well, I don't have a business, It's all right, hold tight because the advice is the advice. It's going to help you whether you work for a corporate giant, whether you work at the local pizzia, or whether you're wanting to start a business or have started a business. This is gonna be some good advice either way. Okay, So question numa uno is well, I would say scenario because I'm not taking it directly from the inbox. This is just I've been having this conversation a lot. The question is how do I like figure out the direction I need to go into my business? How do I regain focus. So this is a struggle that I've had in business, and I've seen a lot of my friends have the struggle. And in twenty twenty three, a lot of businesses actually went out of business or had a hard time, a lot of small businesses. There were a handful of my friends that did well, but the vast majority had a really, really, really hard time. And I believe one of the reasons is that we were not focused. So what do I mean?
Speaker 2: My dad?
Speaker 1: Actually, we're going to call this episode all Roads lead to Rome, right, so Eman is listening to our fabulous producer, right, So what does that mean? When I was a kid, my dad would always say that. He would say Aduci, which is my ebo name, my Nigerian ebo name, Aduci.
Speaker 2: All roads lead to Room. And I'd be like, what does that mean? Because I'm sick.
Speaker 1: You're talking in like soliloquies and such, and what that meant was like back in the day when.
Speaker 2: I was young. I'm not a kid anymore.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, Italy was like the epicenter, and the epicenter of the epicenter was Rome. It was like, you know, it was the center of all things, at least to those people out there, okay, And if you were in Italy, if you walked down the road long enough, it would lead to Rome.
Speaker 2: Rome was the center.
Speaker 1: So if you were on a road, whether it was one hundred miles, ten miles, two miles, zero point two miles, if you.
Speaker 2: Walked long enough, you would get to Rome.
Speaker 1: And so the phrase all roads lead to Rome, meaning like Rome is the final destination. Okay, you're following, let's go for this walk together, all right. So Rome is the final destination. What I had found in my business and so many businesses, and not just business, but think about this personally too, that many of us have not identified Rome. You understand what I'm saying, meaning, what is the desired outcome for the business, for your personal life, whatever that is. Maybe it's dating, maybe it's like, you know, like what you want to do as a career, what is your rome?
Speaker 2: So many of us.
Speaker 1: Are listlessly roaming the streets, no pen intended because we're not clear of the destination. Where do we want to go? And I realized this that even in my business, it was kind of like, oh, the budgetizza does a little bit of this, a little bit of that, a little bit of up down, and the problem is is that when you do that, any road will do, and as a result, you find yourself stretched out doing too much and not having not getting to where you could go as quickly and as powerfully as possible.
Speaker 2: And so when you identify your ROME. So my team and I.
Speaker 1: Re realized, we're like, okay, what is the budget needs to rome used to be me? Right, It's like all roads leads to Tiffany. No, no, now, I don't want that to be the business model. So we identified that. When my book Geko with Money came out, it was and it still is a blockbuster if you will. The book has sold nearly three hundred thousand copies in three years. Just last week we sold fifteen hundred. Like on average, we saw anywhere from seven hundred to fifteen hundred copies a week. The girls are still geeking out about Gek Go of Money three years later. Just for context, most books never sell two thousand in a lifetime. I mean the book could be out twenty years and never sell over two thousand copies. We sold fifteen hundred just last week, right, And so it was like, I don't have to reinvent the will here, the girl said, We like gek go with money, because it's not even y'all buying it.
Speaker 2: Y'all a bardiy.
Speaker 1: You don't heard me talk about your body, your barked from your cousin, your sister auntie. At this point, strangers is buying gek go of money. People just like are telling people and telling people, telling people, your work mom, your bestie, your work husband. People who don't even know who I am are hearing about the book and getting it. So it's like a light bulb went on. Okay, Tiffany, it looks like the girls have decided that Rome is get good with money. Okay, So what can I do to enhance Rome? Well, right now, it's just the book and low key high key. The book don't make me a ton of money because most people if you work with the traditional publisher like I did, so Penguin Random House is my traditional publisher, like typically the not everyone has gotten this deal.
Speaker 2: Some people have way less, some people have gotten more.
Speaker 1: But on average, the deal is you get fifteen percent of your book sales after you pay back your advance.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean?
Speaker 1: That means for every dollar that my book sells, I get fifteen cents? Right that sounds terrible. And then on top of that, I have an agent, so she gets I believe, fifteen cents from my fifteen cents, so you know, try to make a dollar out of fifteen cent shot.
Speaker 2: Basically, for the most.
Speaker 1: Part, you're not going to get rich off of publishing books unless you sell millions and millions and you Typically it's not from the back end as much as it is from the front end. Like I got a really good advance, you know, multi six figure advanced, So people get money typically that way, not so much on the back end, although that's changing a little bit. So I say that to say that right now everyone is buying gek you with money, but it ain't putting no money in my plucket and I Penguin it's.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, go ahead, Tivity.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I bet because Penguin is getting richer off of the gikko of money than I am. But to be fair, and I'm not mad at them, they took a risk and you might say it's not a risk, but it is on me by offering me such a high book deal up front, because my multi multi multi multime, multi multi multime, multi, I'd say.
Speaker 2: It six figure deal. Have to count how many my multi six figure deal.
Speaker 1: I could have put the book out and sold no copies, sold ten copies, sold ten thousand copies, which is not bad, but they wouldn't have got their money back. And guess what you get to keep your advance either way either white. Okay, So they took the risk of this, giving me this big upfront advance and in exchange. Quite honestly, I've made them multi multi, multi seven figures, but they didn't know that that's a risk.
Speaker 2: But I say that to say.
Speaker 1: That with Get Go with Money, people are still buying it three years later, which is not typical for most books. I was intentional though, because I said I wanted a book that's a perennial seller. A perennial seller is a book that's not just good for the year, that it's good year after year after year. So I intentionally wrote that with that in mind. And inside the book, I give like a toolkit, and the toolkit works multiple ways. That one, it's a really great free tool that people can access when they read the book. So inside the book, I might say, in the budgeting chapter, here's how you budget.
Speaker 2: Here is this spreadsheet.
Speaker 1: But if you want a copy of the spreadsheet, so you can budget yourself. Go to get Good with Money dot com, grab your toolkit. And so when they go to the toolkit, they put in their name in an email. So now I get to keep their name in email and then share other things with them. But quite honestly, I've been sharing mostly free stuff. And it was like a light bulb that went on. It was like, Tiffany, I think you have misidentified your rome. It's not you, It shouldn't be you. I think it's Gecko with Money. Hey, ba fan, We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: So I already have the book itself. It's a marketing tool.
Speaker 1: Didn't really realize that the book sends people to the website. That's already happening the website. You're already downloading the toolkit and sharing your name and email. Okay, you know what if I had a course at the website, Because if all these people every week are saying I want to Geko with Money in the way that you teach it, why would they not want a corresponding course. Of course they would, of course they want a course. And so I was like, okay, so now I'm starting to craft roam. I said, well, I think I'm going to create which I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about this earlier, to create a get good with Money course. Now we're starting to get we're always starting to get cute. Now Ron got to pay roads. And then I was like, more and more, I'm really good at building communities. Everybody in the business knows. If you want the community, girl, I'm the community girl. I build really awesome communities where people feel safe, shared their goals and all these types of things. And I said, okay, well, what if along with the course separate for the say the course you pay for it separately. Boom, I get the book.
Speaker 2: You get the book. It says, Hey, I say you're here for the toolkit.
Speaker 1: Do you know there's a course if you want, because now all of a sudden, the book becomes like the tool alongside the course.
Speaker 2: Do you want like a course to go along with your book?
Speaker 1: Girl, I'm already here, right, I already want to get good money.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I'll get the course.
Speaker 1: And then what if you're like, ooh, but I would really like some handholding because every day, every day, every date, y'all signed to my DMS and ask if I could coach you personally, I don't have the capacity, But I said, what if I could create like almost like the GetGo of Money community or GetGo of Money Club where I have other financial educators in there that could coach, you know, and then it's like a monthly fee of like say like twenty nine ninety nine a month. I'm just making some numbers up right, And.
Speaker 2: So now all of a sudden, Rome has.
Speaker 1: Lights as camera has action. And what's so awesome about it is that I don't have to guess if people want this, because if they're buying the book, what it's saying is they want this information. And how many ways can I give them access to purchase this information? Does that make sense? I am developing my rome, and what's so awesome about this and you're going to see a shift for me, What's so awesome about this is that if I'm being honest, whenever I did TV or showed them in a space like I just spoke at Meta and also other stuff, I wasn't sure who was I showing up as? Am I showing up as the New York Times bestselling author The Budgetisum Literature Academy person We're like, well, who am I showing up as? And now if all roads lead to Rome, if Rome is to get good with money, you know, spider Man has the Is that the not the Twitter verse the metaverse? No, you know what I mean? Like basically the world if get good money, the world is Rome. Now when I show up, I can show up mainly yes, the budgetista. Who is the New York Times best selling author of Get Good Money? Why because if when you're like, say, for example, you do like a major, major show, like a good running America Today's show, Mark and Kelly, I've done all of them. When you come on, they're not going to let you sell a course. That's just not how it's done. But they will always let you call yourself New York Times bestselling author of Get Good Money. They put that on the lower third, which is like that little like barb underneath you. When you're talking on screen, it'll say Tiffany Alice, New York Times best selling author of Get Good Money. That'll be on screen and people will go and buy that course, or they'll google me, or they'll google the name, but not the course. They'll google the book. They'll google me. And imagine because now I know that Rome is a Get Good Money universe, which is a club slash community, which is a course, which is the book, and other things to come. Like, imagine I have Get your Money merch Get Your Money. I don't know, child, I'm just making stuff up. So imagine I have all this gookie money stuff. Right. So I can't go on Good Morning America and say, hey, buy my course.
Speaker 2: That's not done.
Speaker 1: But I can certainly say, you know, I'm the author of Get Your Money. So when someone goes to look for the book or look for me, they get to enter into the universe through the book, which I can share anywhere. There's never any there's never any media platform that doesn't say you can't share your book. That's just not how it's done. Right. So, now they see me on Good Morning America, they google about the book, they go to the website to buy the book, or go to Barnes and Nobles or wherever they get it. Inside the book, even if you don't go to my site to buy the book, inside the book, I send you to my site. Thanks shout out to my business metal at the time, who reminded me to add that inside the book, I send you to the site, and then the site says, while you're here, do you want some add ons to this book that you've heard so much good stuff about. There is a course, there's a club, there's a I'm just making stuff up. There's you know, a notebook, there's the workbook made whole, there's a merch there's I'm just making this up, one on one sessions, group coaching.
Speaker 2: So just imagine, you know.
Speaker 1: And so because what that does is I used to be so scattered despite being in business for fifteen years. So don't feel bad if you're like, oh, I'm just starting and I feel like I'm not also way together. No one's all the way together. It's like being a parent. Your parent doesn't know anything. They're just trying their best, right. And so for me in business, you know, like all you're doing is learning. And now I'm like, I've identified my rome, and so rome is get you with money and all its corresponding tools and resources. And what I love about it is that oftentimes not on the budget east side, but the academy side of the business, we run a lot of ads. And I don't love ads because at any moment, ads they can change the rules, which they have, and your ads can go from being two dollars to twenty, from twenty to two hundred and so ads are certainly can be a very powerful part of business, but it shouldn't be the only way that you get people's eyeballs on you. So now I can be like, oh, we have a little bit of ads. Hey, Tiffany's also on TV. So how many roads can I lead to Rome? Let's count some roads you ready? One ADS is a road, Okay, I have this podcast Brian Ambition, the Geker Money the Course. If you're listening to this, what is today? Today is March twenty fifth, Monday. I mean this will come out on Wednesday, the twenty fifth, twenty six, twenty seventh of twenty twenty four. It might be up you know, you listen to this five years from now, but as of today when I'm taping, there is no get good money course worth developing it. But let's just say one, I said, ADS is one road to Rome, which is the Gecko of money Universe.
Speaker 2: Two, I have this podcast.
Speaker 1: I can when it's ready, just like I did with the book, send you to Rome through this podcast. That's a road. Another road. Three social media posts you know, I've got big social media following on all the platforms. That's another road. Four I've got a big email list of like FO three hundred thousand or so. That's another road. Five Press, you know girl, your girls say. I actually say no the more press because I didn't know what I was there for. I'm like, I'm not just gonna run my mouth. But now when I do press, I know I'm leading them to Rome. That's another road to room.
Speaker 2: Do we did add to right?
Speaker 1: We said? Ads, podcasts, social media, email list, press. Six I have a text message list. That's another road that I can use to lead to Rome.
Speaker 2: Seven.
Speaker 1: I already have existing communities on Facebook, on Mighty networks. That's another road. But do you see it now? All of a sudden, all these roads existed before, but it was going everywhere job they was going to hear there. No, Now I can have seven at least that I can even remember core roads leading to Rome. Oh my god, can you tell? I'm excited about it because I feel like I cracked them code because I'm like, god toy d, you know, like I finally figured out what was wrong. Because here's that's the thing. Yes, I have this business that has done well multi seven figures, eight figures one year, back down again to like less seven figures, but still seven figures. You know, It's just it's been a lot of up and down because I am still learning myself. Even fifteen years in. Last year was one of our worst years yet. I mean despite that, we were still multiple seven figures, but still relative to what we used to make before, it was forty percent down. And I'm sharing this candidly because I want you to understand that it's hard. You know, just because you have a good year or good five years or whatever, you're always One of my mentors said this, he said, I don't know who's this quote is. Originally he said leadership and success is rented, not owned. I said success is rented, it's not owned. And every day the rent is due. Who yob the rent is due? What does that mean? That means, oh, oh, you did good today? Q for you guess what's do again tomorrow? Meaning like don't sit back and get get you know, like comfortable, like well we did all this. We had ten million dollars in twenty twenty. Well it's not twenty twenty more, it's twenty twenty three. And you had three point four. Okay, you see what I mean. And so I'm saying all that to say that like it takes continuous work. And I'm sharing this because as I open up myself to learning, is that like all roads lead to rome. It's like, have you identified jer rome? And sometimes rome will shift and I feel really good about the rome that we've chosen.
Speaker 2: This get go with money Universe because.
Speaker 1: I don't have to guess if people are interested because the people are already buying it in one form. I just have to figure out what other forms I can offer up. Because the people who are buying it now are not buying it because it's a new book that's out. They're buying it because of word of mouth. Someone told, somebody told, somebody told somebody. So that means somebody's already doing the heavy lifting work for me. Oh that's another road.
Speaker 2: Seven. The book. The book is another road. Eight.
Speaker 1: The website. My websites are another road. Wow, look at all these roads that I've identified, but now they can all lead to a very specific outcome. I can't wait to share kind of like what it looks like at the end of the year, you know what I mean. At this point, I am postulating and giving a very intelligent guest that it will work. It might not, and then we try something else. I've been there before, where like I thought it was going to work, I felt pretty confident. It does it, We try something else, but I feel pretty good only because it's already working in one attitude, which is the book, which means that people want this information, and you know, they trust this information. It's tied to a brand they like, which is a bunch of neista. But even bigger than that, people are getting it outside of knowing me. You know, and I'm a black woman on that cover. Do you know the do you know what it takes it? You know me? White men have messaged me about get your money. Do you know what it takes for a white man to see a black woman on a cover a money book and to go get it?
Speaker 2: How many people must have told him it was good?
Speaker 1: So if I can overcome all of that, that means something in get gor of money? Is resident Na saying, why am I not lead into that sot of trying to fight my way through something new?
Speaker 2: No, build on what's working, build on what's working.
Speaker 1: Hey, ba fan, We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: What do we learn class?
Speaker 1: We learn that all roads lead to rome and identify your room and start to identify the roads that might already exist and repoint them to your room. Whether this is like, you know, let's just say you want to maybe you're you have a full time job, maybe you're a teacher, you want to be principal? What do you need to do to lead to principle? Do you need to get your master's? Do you need internships? Do you need experience?
Speaker 2: What does it look like?
Speaker 1: You know, let's just say you know you you know you want to I don't know. You want to get your skin together this year? What do you need to do? What are you drinking? What are you eating?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Like how you know, do you wash your face at night? Like I s got my skin all the way together? You can't tell this forty four year old skin child because I made it a priority, you know, Like Rome means that you make something a priority and you point as many things as possible toward that priority. One of the reasons why people are not achieving success is because they haven't identified the priority their room and the roads that they're using are all over the place if you want.
Speaker 2: To go, I don't mean to die.
Speaker 1: Is that a your business anyway, because you know I love to break out into song. One of the rooms for me personally, one of my rooms is I want to learn to invest. I've shared this before and we had my investing coach, Terry John. I've been vetting, vetting, betting, and I think she's the right one for me because one, I love the fact that she wants to mtach because that's where the astronauts be going. She's smart, okay. And then two, I love the fact that she was an educator, vice principal, principal for like ten years.
Speaker 2: So knowing a thing is one thing, teaching a thing is another.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that she don't talk thirty five thousand students already, many of which make you know, to make a thousand dollars in a day off of like investing, so buying investing in the traditional sense, buying stock selling stock. So anyway, what I really love is that, like, so that's my one. My one of my personal rooms is I want to make money independent of having.
Speaker 2: To physically show up somewhere. That's a personal room.
Speaker 1: So forever I'm not gonna be the Bunjeanisa fifty sixty seven, forty four. Now, I don't know like I love doing it now, but who knows five years from now, ten years from now. I don't want to feel like, oh man, I got to show up like this in order to make money. Although I have enough money now where if I stop working then I could stop working, but one really bad uh oh financially and I'd be back to working. So it's like I'm financially independent kind of. So it's like enough because I don't have any mortgages, I have two homes, I don't I don't have a car note, I don't have you know, I don't have any student loan debt, and I have enough to see my current life through. But if something really bad happened, like I said it would be, I would have to work again. I don't like. I don't like being this close and right now working looks like me physically for the most part, showing up. So my main room is I want to have enough money or I want to be able to make money whenever I want to. Why don't have to physically show up? And one of those ways is to invest that you can invest in business. But guess what.
Speaker 2: Investing in business typically requires you to show up too.
Speaker 1: You can invest in real estate, but real estate people will tell you that real estate investing is not passive. That what you can do is you build up your real est portfolio, then you sell it and then you can live off that income that money. Right, And the third way is to invest in the market. All my market girlies like I literally have a friend who was like, I want to go on vacation. So I did a couple of trades, bought some stock, sold some stock, made enough to do that. So for me, one of my roads to roam personally not having to show up to make money is to learn to invest like that. That way, by the time I'm ready and I'm tired, I could be like, oh, Maye, my money has a Budgetnista. But I could be in and out of the market whenever I want to, making any additional money that I might want. And so I am committed to that. I'm saying it out loud so it holds me accountable. And I asked Terry to help me. She said yes a couple months ago, and then she told me about a month ago that she was doing this challenge, this five day challenge, but she was teaching newbies like myself how to get the mechanics of investing and getting started.
Speaker 2: So this is not for y'all. Will be out here trade in stocks and options, yeahda yea q for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that. So what that looks like is day one she's teaching like all about the stock market and its history. Day two she's teaching about how to invest with ETFs, which makes investing partially passive. Day three we get so the first two days is all about mental knowledge. The last three days is like technical capabilities. Day three, we're going to open up a brokerage account. How do you choose a brokerage account? She's going to do that on day three, how to choose when and open it. Day four it's going to be how to buy her for a stock buy together.
Speaker 2: Honey.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about that because I have like four different brokerage accounts because I was trying to do it all my own. I couldn't figure it out like what to do. But day four is to buy your first stock. And the beautiful part is that you can't afford your first stock. You can use like paper money because they have like a simulator, which is great. So still you get to practice and day five sell your first stock. So this is truly fundamental. It's under one hundred bucks. It's ninety seven dollars. It's April day is April fifteenth to the nineteen twenty twenty four. If you're listening to this ten years from now, five years now, sorry, it's over. So it's this five day. I'm excited. I'm going to be a part of it. I'm going to be a student that Terry said, because here's a VIP where you can upgrade and like to get the replace, to get a six day and to get interviews with like her financial friends like me, and so I'm a student. But then she asked me to come on to talk about maybe like money, mindset and like preparing anyway. So that's what I'm going to be doing that. So if you're interested in like joining us, if you go to Trade and Travel dot com, slash the Budgetista, it's important that you add We're gonna put that in the show notes. You add the slash the Bunjanista, because when you sign up and you're part of the Buganessa squad, i can see you behind the scenes, and I'm giving my own bonuses to the people who sign up. If you sign up for the ninety seven dollars just regular five days, it's live every day from eight to ten pm Eastern Standard time. If you sign up for that, I am going to send you a I'm going to I'm creating an ebook about how to Learn to Earn, and I'm gonna send that to you.
Speaker 2: That's my gift to you as a bonus. Terry's not doing that.
Speaker 1: That's why I say you have to slash the Bunjanista trade and travel dot Com. Slash the Buganista in the show notes, because I'll send that to you, because when you put your email in, I'll see it and I'll send it to you the day of class starts. If you upgrade for an additional one ninety seven for the VIP, you get the recordings, you get an extra day, you get extra interviews.
Speaker 2: But from me, you get two ebooks.
Speaker 1: You get the learn how to Earn ebook, you get the retirement ebook based off Get Care of Money my book. You get one month of the Literature Academy for free, my online school. We've already graduated one hundred and fifty thousand students, so that's awesome. You also get a class. I'm gonna teach a learn to earn class after Terry, like a week or so after Terry's class.
Speaker 2: I'm a teacher a free class. I'm gona adding that out as a bonus.
Speaker 1: And my favorite is we're gonna create a temporary pop up group for the six days in Facebook that I will add you to if you don't. If you don't on Facebook, get on for six days because here's what We're gonna do our homework together. I'm gonna be just like you, but even better because I am flying to South Carolina where Terry is taping, because I have to do. Like my interview with her, I was like, I'm just gonna fly in and when I'm there, best belief that I'm gonna be going live when Terry's done teaching or before she teaches. Whatever we're gonna I'm gonna have a post one day while say ask all your questions that you didn't feel got answered, and I'm gonna be live on my camera, like hey girl, I see over here eating breakfast, so we have some questions. So in my own private Facebook group, we get behind the scenes access and access to Teria since I'll be in South Carolina. So yeah, if you want to join us, join us Trade and Travel dot com. Slash the Budjanista link in the show notes. As I said, And the first kind of like scenario, which is how do you get focused, whether it's business or otherwise. It was specifically for business, but you can use them. You know, all roads lead to rome in whatever area of your life. So that's one, right.
Speaker 2: So two is like I was talking.
Speaker 1: To a friend of mine this weekend and she was really discouraged because she felt like she felt like, you know, things weren't really happening, that things would kind of pop up, but it didn't seem to be going through. And so I told her about the concept that I have that I called the Thing before the Thing. I'll give you an example, like ten years ago, for the first time a production studio slipped into my DMS.
Speaker 2: It was like, hey, Tiffany, you.
Speaker 1: Know we are we want to potentially produce a show, and we're interested in having you basically be the host. I said, okay, and.
Speaker 2: You know you're so young and green.
Speaker 1: I just assumed, well, it's gonna become a show. It's happening. I'm famous. Like I said, this was over ten years ago, and so they flew me out to someplace down South Florida or something like that, I think, and we taped the pilot and then they submitted it everywhere and it didn't go anywhere, obviously, because your girl's still here. And that has happened a number of times. I've been on Queer Eye, you know, and then Netflix, and just last week I got two major offers for a show, and I realized. It took me a while to realize, because this kept happening again and again, that things would come up, but they wouldn't come to what I thought was fruition, and I'd be like, oh, it took me a long time of realize, it's the thing before the thing.
Speaker 2: And what is that? Is that?
Speaker 1: That show that I didn't get ten to fifteen years ago was not supposed to materialize as a show. It was supposed to tell me, Timpany, get red d the thing before the.
Speaker 2: Actual thing happening.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to tell me, Tiffany, you talk really fast practice on camera, Tiffany, is your hair together, Tiffany, is your skin together?
Speaker 2: Child? It made me.
Speaker 1: Like like when I started to do the real I got in Visil line, I said, y'all not gonna talk about me my teeth, my gaps. Okay, look, your girl got baby teeth. I can't help it. But what I can help is my gaps. I had braces as a teenager, and I have something called tongue thrust. You ever see kids suck their thumb, Well, I suck my tongue even still at night or when I'm stressed, I won't even notice.
Speaker 2: Literally, my tongue will just get to going.
Speaker 1: And your tongue is one of the most powerful muscles in your body, so it's pushing my teeth outward and just gap city, honey. But look now talk about somebody else, because the gaps is going, honey.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Shout out to the Visil line. They don't sponsor, but.
Speaker 1: They should because I use a Visil line. And yeah, so I literally like, even now, with these potential shows coming up, I'm like, hold on, hold on, hold up, because your girl got to drop about fifteen because I gained about fifteen. I had lost thirty and I gained fifteen, and I want to get lose at fifteen. But these shows, even if this doesn't come to fruition. I know something is coming because usually before something comes to fruition, you get smoke signals, and those smoke signals are actually not the thing itself. Rarely is it that it's the thing to tell you to get ready. You might have a dream. Somebody might keep saying, girl, you know your skin so great, you should come up with a skincare line. Really, lady, I hope food said that. My doctor said that. My friend said that, huh, it's the thing before the thing before the thing. The thing is the show, the book, whatever that major thing is. You get things before, not so you can get it now, but to tell you to get ready now because you don't know the date of Tarmato hour of when the thing is going to come, and will you be ready? And you go, oh, I wasn't ready, mean one of the things, Like I said my cousin, I said my sister ahead of time.
Speaker 2: I said all these warning sides ahead of time to get ready.
Speaker 1: For the last five years, and you didn't figure out the teeth, you didn't figure out your hair situation, you didn't lose the fifteen pounds, you didn't practice on social media going live, you didn't do anything to prepare, and now you get offered.
Speaker 2: The show and you look crazy, you sound crazy. The show doesn't do.
Speaker 1: Well, right, And so instead of being discouraged but something doesn't go through, I get excited because I'm like, oh my gosh, this is the thing before the thing, and there might be ten things, five years worth of things before the thing.
Speaker 2: Get ready.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in coincidences, you know, So if you find yourself feeling discouraged and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: You know, they said they were gonna interview me, and I didn't get that interview. They said that it's the thing before the thing. It's to get you ready. Are you even ready for the thing you asking for? Are you did you finis? Is your resume updated? Oh okay, you got a suit ready? Oh okay?
Speaker 2: What you gonna wear?
Speaker 1: And you go to the office. Oh okay, have you figured out the root to get there? You said you was gonna get your car fixed? It's not fixed you. Oh okay. You say you want a thing, you ain't ready for it. That's why the thing before the thing came to get your behind and gear. You know, it's meant to make you think maybe this is it on purpose, because that's the only way to get you going, you know. So instead of moping and doping around, my dad would say, why are you so morose and melancholy? Morose and melancholi? Why are you so sad? Right because you didn't get it girl, you're about to. It's to get ready, to get ready, to get ready, to get ready, to get ready, to get ready, to get ready. That's what the thing before the thing is. It's a reminder to get ready and stay ready because it's coming. There is nothing worse than getting your blessing and you unprepared. What a waste? Like?
Speaker 2: Oh, I want to catch the ball. Where's your mind? Now the ball comes to you, you get knocked in the head instead of catching it with your men, where's your min You left it at home?
Speaker 1: Oh okay. So I say all that to saying that if you need that little pep talk, you know, because sometimes we all do, whether it's in business, whether it's in your personal life, you know, whether it's in you know, corporate career or whatever. You know, watch out before the thing before the thing. The thing before the thing typically makes you feel like this is it and it's not. That's how you know it's a thing before the thing, because you know, oh my gosh, they told me that. You know, I'm up for a promotion, and you get excited like it didn't work. It's because maybe the real thing is you're going to be offered a job at someplace else and you have to get certain skill sets.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a certification you're supposed to get.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't tell you how many times when I thought something was going to happen and I got my house in order, like, oh my gosh, okay, so let me make sure this and let me make sure I have this together that oh it didn't work out, It didn't work out.
Speaker 2: You're ready now, right, Okay, you got the team together? Right? Oh okay.
Speaker 1: It's the thing before the thing before the thing. So just keep that in mind and keep the hope and get ready and prepared because you do not want the thing that you've been praying and hoping and dreaming about to find you unready, unprepared, because it might take another five ten years before you get access to it. Again, don't waste those opportunities. It's the thing, but for the thing, this is a good episode, right if I do say so myself, and I do say so myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's what we're gonna do. You are going to leave.
Speaker 1: Us a review on like Apple podcast or whatever they call it these days. And what you're gonna do is, if you found this really helpful, you're gonna share it.
Speaker 2: Okay, You're gonna.
Speaker 1: Share it with your mom and your cousin, your daddy, everybody, everybody in the club getting tipsy. But you're gonna share it because that's what grows the podcast. We really want to grow and expand our audience and we can only do that through you. If you have friends that listen to podcasts. Sunday we have we been here, oh child like eight seven eight years. Thankful Okay, and least, but not least. If you do want to learn to start investing, this is just the first step for me and Terry. This is this is like you know, I don't know step one and then see, I'm gonna do more partnerships with her again as I learned, I.
Speaker 2: Get to learn alongside you.
Speaker 1: You know, go ahead on and trade and travel dot com, slash the budgetista if you want those bonuses, which you know you do, so make sure you put that slash on there, and I'll see you in April, all right, y'all, Love you, babe.