Speaker 1: Who Joe, I could wait on this, Miles Turner, he peeled back another layer of Milwaukee Tumultuous twenty twenty five, twenty sixth season. On the Game Recognized Game podcast, Turner says Doc didn't find anybody this season despite repeated tardedness, and Yannis was most likely the Bucks players to be late. Let's take a listen to what Miles Turner had to say.
Speaker 2: We get fined for all types of stuff. Now, you guys can find a lot.
Speaker 3: It depends on the coach. So Doc rivers he didn't find anybody. Guys were late all the time. Guys were you know, showing up the film whatever they want to show up. Guys were missing meetings Like it was one of the crazy things I person ever experienced. We literally, if the plane took off at two o'clock, we weren't leaving till four point thirty. I mean so serious, you know it was crazy. Guys are an hour late to the plane. It got to a point where I just I knew not to show up until like an hour he was taking off.
Speaker 4: This wow crazy.
Speaker 2: So who's the teammates that's most likely to be late? Well, all of your is obviously say because nobody gets fined.
Speaker 3: Honest is going to show up whatever he wants. Really, you know, I think that that's kind of just came with the territory of that. And once I kind of saw what was going down, I was like, am man, more power to you. They ain't gonna find you do what you do except when we're going to Dallas.
Speaker 5: That's what I was like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, come on, right now, we're getting fined for miss free throw box outs.
Speaker 3: Honestly, that's a good one. I'm not mad at that. I'm actually not mad at that at all.
Speaker 2: We're a little bit mad about it because it's like, all right, well, what if the ball is out of bounds, there's no possession? What if like there's always to it? Yeah, a bad bounce?
Speaker 6: Hey, stuff like that's supposed to stay in house.
Speaker 5: Before you goo ojo joe.
Speaker 1: They have since deleted this video.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would you getting no, no, no, oh yeah, oh yeah, talk to me talking.
Speaker 1: Somebody might A lawyer might ask a question, and what the one lawyer to the defense of prosecution said objection and did jolly say sustained?
Speaker 5: How do you make the.
Speaker 1: Jury unheal what they heard too late? So whether he sustained. Now, the defender is not supposed to whomembers. They're not supposed to take that into consideration. Jury. What you heard disregarded. Pretend you didn't hear it. I heard what he said.
Speaker 5: I saw the video.
Speaker 1: The man said Yannis was most likely to be late. He said that we show them an hour plus late. He's the leader of your team, your team.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, go ahead, o ya, Now listen you you're right, and I'm with you when you're right. I'm not saying what Giannis is doing. It's okay, but I'm saying the things that going in locker rooms, the things that going on on on on team functions and and and and.
Speaker 6: And stuff like that that always stays in house.
Speaker 1: Well, he gone, so I could tell it. Oh yeah, oh Joe, when you break up? What the girls say? Yeah, you ain't had no meeting. I wasn't. You aren't doing nothing anyway?
Speaker 7: They say, yeah, they do that, but you don't. You rarely hear this from players on very very very very rarely. But all of a sudden, now during this era that we're in now where everyone has a voice, everyone has a platform, you have podcasts and stuff like that, everyone likes to tell some of the things that are always kept in house.
Speaker 8: Hey, and when you think about it, this mild turner, it was his first year in Milwaukee. Okay, so listen, probably probably that probably had a lot to do why Doc resigned. Because listen, if the animals running the zoo fellas how to how to hell we gonna keep how we're gonna keep anything in order?
Speaker 6: Hey, Joe, that's a good one, boy.
Speaker 8: If the what the animals running the zoo, that's a bar, that's aim.
Speaker 4: Running zoo, meaning I come and go when I please.
Speaker 8: I don't get police, you don't, I don't get no repercussions, ain't no fines man.
Speaker 4: You two hours late to the damn plane?
Speaker 6: Way. You know why they able to do that?
Speaker 7: What kind of what kind of money NBA players got they got that few money? They do what they Hey, can you imagine if we relate to a plane on the NFL game after they take Hey listen, now, hey, Joe, not only are they gonna leave us, we got to get our own flight going to wherever we're going. As matter of fact, only that, Joe, we probably won't start.
Speaker 8: Okay, Oh Joe, normally your ass getting left. I don't care who you are. I haven't seen the star players get left, bro. And yes, you have to book your own flight and you have to meet us. That I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: That ain't normal, Bro, That's not normal.
Speaker 1: That that's the behavior of a guy that says, if y'all I don't want to be here, ready to go, And I'm gonna show you how much y'all don't want to be here, because I'm gonna come when I want to. I'm I'm telling you what's happening. This is a guy I'm showing you now what I'm telling the media. Oh, I want to be here. I love it in Milwaukee, my home, YadA, YadA, YadA. But what he's showing the team and the high I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to be here.
Speaker 1: I can't make it abundantly clear by not showing up on time.
Speaker 6: But listen, none of us would have known this.
Speaker 7: Uncle Joe, see Joannie is saying one thing publicly, trying to keep a clean face. Miles Turner come goes behind his back and say, let me tell you who.
Speaker 4: But think about it.
Speaker 8: Think about it though, O Joe, hell he was he didn't even play a whole hell of a lot last year, so he's probably missing this plane and he wasn't even dressing.
Speaker 1: You, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So that still doesn't make it right, though, Joe, you know, you know what I'm saying. You're not playing. You can't be coming two hours late.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no, no, it don't. It don't make it right.
Speaker 8: But what I'm saying is Miles Turner and the crew they out there grinding night in and night out, practicing their asshole. You mean to tell me you're still traveling with us, but we still gotta gotta wait on you. Come on, bro, we gotta wait on you. But you're the leader of the team.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard because you want your best players to be your hardest worker and your best.
Speaker 5: Locked in.
Speaker 1: Because, O yo, remember when we first started, I said, O yo, I remember watching the guys, and I watched Steve bad Water, and I watched Dennis Smith, and I watched John l Way. I watched the guys that say, that's the kind of leader I want to be because I know that when I got in that position, the young guy's gonna be watching me. If I'm a step in meetings and I'm still playing at an elite level. If I'm late, they gonna think that's acceptable. Yep, see what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 7: Remember Remember I said, I want I want players, I want coaches. I wanted to be able to speak their mind. I want to be honest. You don't want that, No, no, no, no, I still want it. But this is not what I'm talking about. I ain't talking about.
Speaker 6: I ain't talking about that. I wanted to be honest.
Speaker 7: How they how they feel when it when it comes to things that involves themselves.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you how I feel about the situation I'm in.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you about what I don't feel comfortable with with this situation or this organization, or my planing time or stuff like that. Not going and sitting on the goddamn platform talk about what another player did and exposing him.
Speaker 6: That that's that's that's that's that's that's.
Speaker 7: Snitching and most of those things that happened in the locker rooms is supposed that.
Speaker 1: How about you come to hold on? So my turner said, why is a ten time grader player? But why is his time more important to mind? But he's telling us we do a X, Y, and Z and he's not doing what to do. Oh yeah, yeah, you know I don't. I'm telling you, guys, do they follow what you what you do, not what you say?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 1: M hm, you talk your ass off? Yeah, how you gonna talk about you talking about late for me to come on? Guys, Well if you for me hour with Yoe, Hey, it's happened now. I've never I've never been late for a team playing. And I used to hate building because oh Joe, you gotta go get don't up, so you gotta go fried chicken, get burgers. And I'm like, come on, man, y'all come home. Man, Hey, hey, Sea, I want this, get me a three piece spicy. No, I won't pop. I won't KFC. I said, look here, everybody go there, you get pop out of getting KMC. I'm not going to damn stop now, y'all will have to whip my ass or I'm gonna whoop y'all ass. But what you gonna what you want if I'm going to popis well over here and KMC over there, and I still I gotta get. I gotta go home, get dressed, get my stuff, go get this. Nah nah, I'm not doing all that.
Speaker 6: It's a lot, you know, you know it's funny, Uncle Joe.
Speaker 7: What's funny thing about it is as great as I was when I played, especially in my goddamn prime, as crazy as I was when it came to my my antics and my on the field stuff or the stuff I did in front of the camera through the media, when it came to my opponents, nothing really malicious. There was, there was, there was There was one thing I never did that scared me a little bit. I would never be late. Yeah, I was always on time. I didn't fall asleep in beatings.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I always conducted myself.
Speaker 7: Like the profession I am because I didn't want them to be able to be able to say anything about me anything else. Because when I touched the field, I'm as I'm as so everything outside of that I did, I did it right right.
Speaker 8: Hey, and and and and another thing that it tells me about the Milwaukee Bucks players, Man, they ain't respect Doc. If you if you respect, if you respect your head coach, bro, and you know he he's non tolerance, your ass is gonna be on time, period point blank. Now if you leaning meaning, Okay, I've been late a couple of times, and you ain't it's no repercussions. I ain't been punished, I ain't been fine. Hell, what's why not be late again? Yeah, you gotta have it and yeah, like I think you have to. If your head coach doesn't command or demand respect, bro, the players will try and run over you. That's that's just like a that's that's just like you being in a relationship with a female. Bro. If you don't put your foot down, homie, she's gonna do whatever she want to do. I wish you want to or I'm going out with the girls tonight. When were you gonna let me know this right now? I tell you what, I tell you what you go.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna tell you what you can't do, but I guarantee you getting back in here.
Speaker 7: He Joe, Hey, uncle Joe. Just think about that, just thinking about what Yannis is able to do. Obviously the money is different, is guaranteed they have few money in the NBA. But just showing up Layton general, whether it's meetings, whether it's the team playing like there's a certain fear. There's a certain fear in me that would be scared to do. I don't have a respect for you would scare.
Speaker 1: Me what you had with respect for your teammates and the coaching staff, because you wasn't any more important than theirs. Joannis felt because he was the best player, a two time league MVP, a Finals m v P, his time was more important than theirs. And he says, I'm going to come whenever I want to come and.
Speaker 5: See he'll tell that. Now.
Speaker 1: I want to see if he gonna tell that story. I want to see if the platform and said, yeah, guys, I was late, and that's on me.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be pissed. He's gonna be pissed.
Speaker 7: He's gonna how about this other NBA players, how how other NBA players are gonna look at Myles Turner.
Speaker 4: View him?
Speaker 8: Meaning like if you in our locker room, you're gonna be telling stuff that's going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but thinking about this, what's the situation with Swaggy P back in the days?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Russell, Yeah, you see how that's what fire. You had to find him. You gotta fire, you gotta whip him, you gotta whip him. I just know that you got to whip him. Man.
Speaker 8: Put you a man, throw you under the bus like that. That told all your little business and for your old lady.
Speaker 1: Ain't no women every day. I'm women every day. And I won't make him say no. I was just we were just playing that ain't happen.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, but.
Speaker 8: Here's what I will tell y'all. Hell, one of them Miles turning or U Yanni's one of them gonna be gone. Yannis know he was gone that.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like if we like we you know, guys, I love this because we always like to quate a lot of things to relationship. When you know you about to leave relationship, you go and come as you please.
Speaker 5: You you leave it.
Speaker 1: Hey, where you going? Oh I'm going, I'm going to see the fellas and left, buddy, Yeah, yeah, yeah. You walk in the house at four o'clock, five o'clock in the morning, nothing.
Speaker 4: Whoa hold on?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Hey, you did that before? Man? You know goodwell, I can't come in the high past twelve o'clock.
Speaker 1: I'm sleep.
Speaker 7: Hey, Hey, Joe, Hey, you ever tried to break up with somebody and came and came in the house when the summer's coming out?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 8: I donet had Yeah, I donet been there. Yeah, to the point of where I was just kind of like fed up, like, man, the hell with this? I'm yeah, I come home when the hell I come on?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What we.
Speaker 4: What repercussions do?
Speaker 5: I am for this?
Speaker 4: I already on.
Speaker 1: I just the courage enough to say it. But I'm hoping you say it's over. Yeap, that is. And from let me tell you how I'm going. I'm not coming late. I've always been. Everybody know how I'm on time, so it ain't nothing new.
Speaker 5: But ain't no where in hell.
Speaker 1: If my culture, my complexion, and I know how hard it is for them to get jobs like that, ain't nowhere.
Speaker 5: I'll undercut it no way.
Speaker 1: If I could show up with Dan Reeves, if I could show up for a Way Phillips, I can show up for Mike Shanahan, Brian Billick, I'm damn show showing up for her members. I'm damn show showing up for Mike Tomlin. I'm damn show Tony Dungeon. I'm damn sure you're arrested, soul, Dinny Green. There is no way in hell, because I know how hard it was for them to get in that position, and now I'm one of their best players. And I and I'm late not hell.
Speaker 8: No, Yeah, that's tough, bro, But I haven't seen it. I don't seen it on several occasions.
Speaker 4: Fellas.
Speaker 8: You know, basketball and football a little different. Like I said, it's a lot of leniency when it comes to you know, basketball, Like we don't have to sleep in hotels, meaning when we're at home and all that. You know, you kind of come and go as you please. We ain't got no curfews. It's a little different.
Speaker 6: Wait, hold on, y'all, ain't got no courtry the night before a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even my first three years because Dan Reeves, he was big on family. Coach Landa was big on families. He felt that the players would play better, Uh if they were at home with their wives, kids, bought significant others. Come to find I guess what. They wasn't spending time with it. They might spend time, but there might be three o'clock. I got. But this baffles me. But it just goes to show you. Leadership comes in many Some people's like, hey, do what I say, don't do what I do. Some people are like, look, I'm gonna lead. I'm gonna show you how to do the right thing. This how eat, this is how I prepare this, how study this is? Make sure I get everything, will be on time. It bothers me, man, I hate that. Oh, Joe, you and I were great player. Joe, you were a great player. It would have been nothing for us. The part about being a great player is to have privileges and don't abuse them.
Speaker 6: Bingo, that's you. Just you took the words right at of them out. I couldn't. I couldn't find the sentence structure, but you just said it. Yeah, I wasn't doing that problem.
Speaker 1: You don't think Tom Brady had privileges. You don't think Peyton Mann and get John Elway. I've been with Ray. Ray was the defensive player of the year. Was on time. He could get on time because he knows guys are watching him.
Speaker 4: Yup.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, man, I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 7: I hope this doesn't call it a trickle effect, though, Joe, and you know how many things going in the locker room. You know how many things are going to go on at home in the streets that only we know about because we're we're all in the same circle.
Speaker 6: Well, when when something happens, we all know, people talk.
Speaker 7: There's certain things that never get out because it stays within that that that that confinement of that fraternity. That Yeah, now we now we get players deciding to come out and tell things that nobody would know unless they run their mouth. I hope this is this is not a trickle a trickle effect. Another player decided that, well, you know what, I got a story too. Let me tell this story about this player. Let me tell this story about this player and not everybody telling.
Speaker 1: Everybody got that this could have been a situation where he did this with Not only did he do it with Doc, he did it with Bud.
Speaker 5: He done it with what's the Adrian Griffin, whomever the coach was. I don't know. Maybe this is this is who he is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just know I don't care.
Speaker 5: Chat.
Speaker 1: You can't convince me because someone is great at something, his time is more important than mine. It's not if I found a way to get there, he can too, because there's a great chance he has a better card than mine. Why do I have to be Why do I have to He's not the only one that's married with kids. I promise you he's not. No, he don't know his kids any more than the next man. Love his I gotta get there. I gotta be the film study, O Joe. I gotta be the treatment. I got to get to shoot around. I got to get to the practice. I've got to get to the plane. Why can't he as the best player?
Speaker 5: That's what you want? You won't that response?
Speaker 1: Do you understand how great you have to be to have a certain level of responsibility. Everybody don't have that responsibility. Having that level of responsibility is a Privilegejo, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: What you always say to uncle.
Speaker 7: Remember we've had we've had situations with NFL receivers that come later all the time, and the first thing you say is you think this is the first time they did that. Absolutely, so this is probably not the first time he did this. This is just the first time. That's someone that was part of that team put it out there. Yes, of course i'd have been somebody been doing all this.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be I think, I think.
Speaker 8: I think the disheartening thing is that you know, we hold Yannis to uh you know, we hold him on a high pedals to go super high, and you i'ma be honest with y'all, I never would even guess he looks like he's the hardest worker, which he probably is. He looks like, you know, he's always on time. I'm just telling you what it looks like. I never would have guessed when Myles turned and said that that's what Janni's.
Speaker 1: That man didn't go through no other names. That man said who's the most she uh breathe Stewart say, well, who's the most habitual offender?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: Let me think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 1: That's why we love our illusions because we don't want the truth because it would destroy it would destroy our illusions. And Joe he had this illusion of what was hard worker, he couldn't. Two things can be true. He can be a hard work and a repeat habitual tarty guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and think how hard and Joe certain players fight to keep that image clean.
Speaker 6: Of course, think about it.
Speaker 7: And then you have people like mine turning to come out and say things like this, that tarn Us that said image that Joe had and who he felt jannest was.
Speaker 1: But we're smart enough to know we saw through a lot of Yanni's Bullgive oh, I do what my agent says, please, thank you. I don't know anything about what's going on. So you mean to tell me your agent is having conversations about your future and you don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 4: Man, Please, he you.
Speaker 1: Know absolutely nothing. Oh whatever, my wife, Bro, you're really gonna put that on your wife. You're really gonna put that on your wife. My wife is going to decide where I go, right.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, you know what.
Speaker 7: He ain't got to worry about being late no more. Where he's gonna Henna. He's gonna be down here in Miami and pat Riley, don't play that. And supposed you're gonna find you he ain't gonna be late.
Speaker 5: And but a lot of this is on Doc and see.
Speaker 1: But this is our doc coach, Joe, because I've heard Doc speak, and I've heard a lot of players that play for Doc.
Speaker 5: Doc is a guy. He let the players handle it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna treat you like men. I want you to show up. I want you to do what you're supposed to do and remove me from the equation. Y'all handle that. Y'all got an issue going on. Somebody don't like each other. Hey, y'all handle that. I don't want nothing to do it. I don't need to know about it. Hey, y'all gonna have you. Everybody is not wired like that. Some people you got to step on their neck. Let me take that back and apologize. Can't use that phrase. Some people you got to you know, you got to get on them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just got to get on them because they won't do right, Joe. They will not. And one thing that you don't want to have happen is that your best player developed this type of attitude, because boy, good luck corral with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, I'm with you.
Speaker 8: You got to put your foot down, bro, meaning to where every man on their roster respects you, bro, especially the top from top to bottom.
Speaker 4: I don't give damn who it is.
Speaker 8: And when you and when you're a head coach, if you super lenient, because I've been on teams like that where I've seen kind of you know, players doing what they want and coaches really not saying the whole hell of a lot. I know what it looked like. And whatever you let a guy get away with, trust me, his ass gonna run a thousand miles with you.
Speaker 4: Mhmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, because I saw I saw guys do things with Wade they didn't even think about doing with Dy. It didn't even cross their mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but me, Nah, bro, they're not gonna do that. We was at the super Bowl and Brian Billy told the story, we ain't have no Joe, we ain't have no curve day check, no room check the first day, do what you ay. I'm gonna treat Brian's like, I'm gonna treat you guys like men.
Speaker 5: He says.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I asked is that you ride to and from practice on the bus. Yeah, we ain't got no practice, we ain't got no curfew. Just ride from the hotel to the practice on the bus, go back, and then once you get back to the hotel, if your mom, your girlfriend or.
Speaker 5: Or somebody want to pick you up, or you want to go wherever, take off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This dude like, man, you know my mom and them coming, So I'm gonna ride back. I say no to f you not. I say no to f you not, I said. Brian said, we only got one rule. The rule is too and from if.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 1: So unfortunately, you need to tell your mom and your dad or whoever else. They're not gonna be able to take you from here. They can follow the buses back to the hotel and you can get in the car and go with them then, because you're not gonna f this up for nobody else. V end we lived happily ever after. You're not gonna You're not gonna mess it up. No, that ain't happening. And he your bro. You not even playing.
Speaker 5: I wish I would.
Speaker 4: It would be the worst one sometime again, Joe.
Speaker 8: The ones who won't get no clock, they ain't playing, they feel like they ain't included.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and please, you gotta be on your bench, damn.
Speaker 5: But absolutely.
Speaker 1: Because uh, Michael send you home, because I know he done send some of them home. Yeah, and I love it. Nah, Bro, I gotta get up. Why you feel your time and more than too? That's that's that's the way I look at it. You tell her, you said, f Shannon Man F sharp, because I gotta get up and I.
Speaker 5: To get here, but you don't.
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like I said, I wasn't cut out to be everybody's teammate because I had a problem.
Speaker 5: I was there to win. I wasn't there to make friends.
Speaker 1: Had already accumulated enough friends in college and what I didn't have in high school in college, if I didn't make it.
Speaker 5: In the NFL. Oh well, so damn be it.
Speaker 1: Money, money and friends. I was coming to the NFL to make money, not make friends. Now in the process of I got a couple, thank you. But if I didn't, oh well, I'd to be old man, one of them house full of dogs.
Speaker 5: Better.
Speaker 1: I don't play like that. Were coming to work. We're gonna get our work done. We're gonna have a good time. And Mike would tell them, hey, have a good time. But you'd also pull me into that eighty four year responsible for him. Now, yeah, mad he stretching out yo, walking to the field, stretching boy we ay we all But the moment he blowed that whistle strictly yea strictly business, all that key kidd and all that fooliery I am.
Speaker 5: I ain't about that. I ain't about that. Oh man, you man, you you you did this? No, no, no, nothing, no bro? What are you here for? You trying to win?
Speaker 1: So what you what we try to do, because we try to do here, we trying to win it ain't it ain't that complicated for me. I come to get better, you come to bullgie. Well, I ain't gonna dime y'all. But when the man asked me what I think about something, I'm gonna keep walking, that's my answer. Yeah, Yeah, this is this is very disheartening for me to have this on your honest because you got honestly, it's hard for me to be him in any to do this. It's hard. It's hard because, like you said, Joe, we have a perception of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, just imagine if you found out that Tom Brady was a jerk or Peyton Manny was a jerk. When it's so affable and you see the person, especially the Peyton. Peyton's been Saturday Night Live and he might have had one of the greatest performance for an athlete on Saturday Night Live. And if you've ever been around it, Oh, Joe like you and I have, Joe, what you see? That's who he is. Yeah, just like that, you could a Peyton? Is this my friend's son? Can you sign this autograph? Can you sign this Jersey? Can you sign this? No problem?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anytime, Hey, hey eighty four, anytime you want to come back, Hey, come on to the suite, come to the box. Tom is the same people. Tom is great. I saw Tom right here. That was as a matter of fact, it was last June. It was last June. I went to the thing because he got this exhibit at the Fountain Blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anything, you love what you do? I love. I love how you do your homework. You know what the hell you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need anything for me?
Speaker 5: Give me a call.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: So I let people all bad, I'll let y'all talk, But I know when I talk to them how they same thing with owners. I think that's the greatest compliment, is that somebody, a player or owner or gem can give you pull you to the side. You do a hell of a job. You do your homework. Now I might not like everything that you say, but you know what you're talking about, the good work. You be surprised at some of the teams that I've taken the given the sharpest critique. Their owners give you the greatest compliment. Their players give you the greatest compliment. So I'm doing so right, boy. Asia Wilson had him off the game tonight. Joe beat the Sons one oh one to ninety four. Asia fifteen of eighteen from the field. She made all thirteen of her free throws. She made both of her three point at ten shots the Aces have responded well. After the over to night lost to Phoenix, they were happening to hang over Kennedy Carter, who's been unbelievable coming off the bench for the Aces, she had eighteen points. She returned to the league this year after not signing with the team last year. She's been a god send. She's been she's been unbelievable. But this is why I said, for me, and I go back to nineteen ninety six when the nw NBA started, and I know all the great players that's played in WNBA, from Kandas Parker to Lisa Leanslie to Chryl Swoot to Lauren Jackson to Downa t ROSSI Maya Moore, I know him all.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be hard.
Speaker 1: If she's not already to go at thirty years old and what she's accomplished, it's gonna be very very hard. Oh, Joe and Joe, when it's all said and done, they said there was a greater, w greater woman's basketball player than her.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're right, you're right. She Hey, she's been doing the hell of a job. They Hey, you know they play they play the Atlanta Dream on Sunday in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I think they do play here in Atlanta. You going to the game, man, I might go, Yeah, I might Sunday. What's going on?
Speaker 8: It's any games on Sunday NBA Troit, Yeah, probably no, it's it's at one third they played one that might go the go.
Speaker 4: Go check them out.
Speaker 8: Man, she could do it, you know, Atlanta Atlanta two and oh ro Atlanta two and oh A sins three and one.
Speaker 4: I think it's been a damn good game.
Speaker 1: I mean they got a Jackie Young had thirteen, Chelsea Gray had twelve, Asia forty five fifteen of eighteen, two or two from the three third perfect from the free throw line, three rebounds, three or sis are still two blocks. That's what makes hers so great is that she on both ends of the court. You I can make a case, a strong case. She probably should have five and four, five MVPs, four defensive players a year. Fee beat the two years ago for Player of the Year. Stewart beat her year three years ago for MVP. She could have easily gotten that. Yeah, she's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so smooth, so smooth, super talent.
Speaker 8: Left left, she got a nice jump shot, nice post game, nice mid range games.
Speaker 4: She got everything. Bro. He does, he does, he does?
Speaker 5: I mean it's and the woman's college game.
Speaker 1: You look, look, I would have loved to see the situation if they'd have had a w NBA league. When Cheryl Miller came out, oh, because she was the greatest basketball per I had ever seen. Damn, you got to see him player, I saw him college. Yes, when she went back, really when she went back to back. They won the national championship back to back years in eighty four eighty five they beat La Tech. You know Kim Monkey with the point guard, the coach from coach of Baylor now coach with a point guard.
Speaker 5: They beat.
Speaker 1: They went back to back. They had the McGee, Pam and Paula McGee, JaVale mcg cooper, she was on that Da Cooper, Cynthia Cooper was on that team. Cheryl Miller was on that team. Then in eighty six, Clarissa Davis the great Texas team went undefeated thirty six and oh, so yeah, I go, I go all the way back with them. Cheryl Swoops had the greatest game I've ever seen a woman college basketball player had in the National Championship game. I think she dropped forty eight on Ohio State and Katie Smith. Y'all gonna look at did you really that is the greatest college woman's college basketball games that I've ever seen?
Speaker 8: I mean she yes, she was the first. She was the first woman I know to have her own signature. Shoot right, huh mm hmmm, yeah, yes, yeah, sure, if.
Speaker 1: Y'all get a chance go check that game out on YouTube.
Speaker 5: She would she could do it all.
Speaker 1: She had a game. She was Maya Moore before Maria More. You know how Maya Moore get to that sweet spot and pull up sherriff, swooth, do all of that, put it on the floor between the leg.
Speaker 4: All that she a.
Speaker 1: Uh but Asia Wilson Man, when it's all said done, all right, we got can you see this?
Speaker 5: Who's winning this series?
Speaker 1: You got Jimmy Butler, Dwayne Wade, Lebron, James Chris Bosh, Shaq take it on, Tony Parker, Manu ginobli Our, Leonard Winby and Tim Dunky.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm I'm probably shoot d Wade and Shack.
Speaker 4: I'm probably going to I'm probably going with the heat.
Speaker 5: Because they still they got with shah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell.
Speaker 7: Put a shot gonna put women women the god damn blended down in the lower block.
Speaker 8: Well, if winby garden, Bash's gonna be out at that three point line shooting thing.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have to He's gonna have to come out there. He's gonna have to come out there and guard that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: Lebron and Kawhi will probably be a good match up. But I'll give it to Lebron. I get, I get the way to match up over Genobili and the fact that Jimmy he'll be able to I think he'll be able to guard Tony Parker. Tony will probably have a tough time guarding here.
Speaker 5: Tony guard him and Genobli.
Speaker 1: Damn sure, ain't guarden the d wadeuse d Wade posted U d Wade and Jimmy can both post Yeah, yeah, Hey, We're gonna tell bos just stay out by the three point line.
Speaker 5: You try to post up.
Speaker 8: There, you go, ay, and if he help off you, you hit him right up the top of his damn head when we swing it to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, knock that thing down.
Speaker 5: Especially. Uh So we gonna take all these guys at the absolute prime.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I ain't taking nobody shot yeh, No, man, real, I'm telling you it was not no one man who can stop your now you had about for you had about.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 8: You can't find one center who gave him hell to where it was hard for him to score, be effective, That wasn't possible. Gonna have you up under that charge line dunking on you hangking man, please.
Speaker 5: Shack say he run straight to the front of the rim.
Speaker 4: Good Mann, what.
Speaker 5: Good look man? But when you when you.
Speaker 1: Look, let's see. I mean, because think about it. You left David Robinson off. He was a monster, and the admiral was unbelievable. You left Iceman off. Those really the only two that really ever had any chance of I mean, Alvin Robertson wasn't the offensive guy.
Speaker 5: He was a tremendous defensive player. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think who else went to San Antonio that played at San Antonio.
Speaker 5: That was really really good.
Speaker 1: I can't think of artist Gilbore Yeah, artist artist, artist guilboy.
Speaker 8: Uh, I'm trying to think of Hey, hey, o Joe, speaking of Iceman, y'all listen to the Drake album.
Speaker 5: I have you listened to it?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 4: I listened to one. That man dropped three albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah he so he done with UMG. See there ain't no way he was doing. He dropped three abbles. Say naw, I'm done. Now about to go and get this thing. I read with somebody potential a two billion dollar investment, uh in the vest hedge fun.
Speaker 8: And that's what I was thinking. I said, damn, why would he drop three albums? Then I started saying, oh, hell he trying, he done, he done dealing with these mfs over here.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, I listened to Iceman.
Speaker 7: I didn't listen to the other two albums, but but one is my favorite song on Iceman, right, it's called make Them Pay and he and he he sampled Denise Williams.
Speaker 6: Remember Denise Williams song free Yeah, yeah, back from back in the day.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: He sampled that.
Speaker 6: I mean that, that's that's one of one of one of the few songs I do enjoy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he't messing around, man, I was.
Speaker 5: I was a bitchy man. I had to go.
Speaker 1: U had to get on that Cardio, had to go work out to day. I had to hit them on and twenty pound dumbells. I don't want o Jeorde to get too far ahead because he'd be trying to send a video with the little fake weight. I think jeorde be having that faith weight a little bit too easy. But my satisfaction. But no, but no, I think if you take everybody in their prime, Jim at their prime, d Wade Bosh, because people don't realize how great Chris Bosh was when he's in Toronto. Chris Bosh, guy, y'all look at him now? What he was the third option with the heat.
Speaker 8: He wasn't back Yeah, nah even nice, Hey, hey, that boy has some He had some moves down there on that low bloc. Yeah, he had a nice face up, face up game, MIDI three ball.
Speaker 4: He had everything. He had everything.
Speaker 1: And we ain't even got to say nothing about Shaq. Y'all know what Shaq was. I'll take any version of Shock. I'll take Orlando Shack. I'll take in the first three four years, and I'll take Shack from ninety six to two thousand and two.
Speaker 5: I'll take that shot.
Speaker 1: Whole gorilla, what whole gorilla, I'll take ninety two, so when he got to the league in ninety two, all the way to O two, I'll take that Shack. So I'll take eleven year Shack. They not doing they not doing nothing with him. Winby and and and Tim Duncan gonna be in fiul trouble. He's gonna why are gonna do nothing? He too small, he gonna break that. He probably gonna break his arm. You see how Womby hitting nas Red. Imagine Shack hitting Wimby like that. Even if he just hit him in the shoulder.
Speaker 6: He's gonna go flying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this nuh this's uh.
Speaker 1: I mean with Shaq, I mean you look at Shaq, because you look at Shaq with the Lakers. If you put Shack at the fire, if you put Shock at the four, Kareem at the at the three, I mean at the five, and then you go Kobe and you go Magic Hell, you throw anybody else in there, James Worth or whoever you want, and.
Speaker 5: They ain't gonna do something with that.
Speaker 4: It'll be tough.
Speaker 5: Me and today, Yeah, yeah, because they run them out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: But back then, when you were playing with two traditional big they might not.
Speaker 1: Lose a game. They might well, yeah, we are because three of the well four of them played together. Because you look at my new uh, Tony Parker, Duncan and Kawhi they all play together. It'll almost be like Olympics. You know were going over there. We're just putting our best player together. And the jokes has been playing together.
Speaker 4: Damn right. They were held.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wh what about what you call them? Where is the uh our schedule release? The one that uh.
Speaker 1: Who uh Cincinnati player? Alright, oh with the it spost came out today and yesterday it came out. Yeah, we'll do We'll do that tomorrow. We'll do that tomorrow because we'll probably be a little light