Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys, straining live.
Speaker 5: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Streaks tuxdown and now your hosts Isaiah Stanback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome in to a preview of the Dallas Defense and the Los Angeles offense.
Speaker 6: As we welcome you in to the SWBC studios here at.
Speaker 5: The Star in Frisco, alongside Isaiah stand Back, John Manchoda, Nick Harris, who was definitely here on time, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 6: Gentlemen, how we doing today?
Speaker 7: Why why are you giggling over here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: At the door, Well they already see as we'll walk in. That's true. You like I heard be blaughing in the studio room. That's what maybe like really walking I'm like, all.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm just whatever. You always walk in. Yeah, we were going to try and sneaking Star show on time.
Speaker 8: I respect that it happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but uh but yeah, today is a good day.
Speaker 5: You know why we're turning the page not only to Los Angeles and to the Chargers.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I am.
Speaker 5: I probably should speak for myself because I know there are a lot of Cowboys fans deservedly so that are gonna hang on this one for a little bit of time. It's also a good day because the Rangers.
Speaker 9: Are in the ALCS.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, I would throw that out there too. We'll see who they're playing, maybe tonight, maybe in a couple of days. Oh, you know, Seattle tried to.
Speaker 9: Up end it.
Speaker 7: Seattle had a rough night last night. Why is that hockey season started?
Speaker 9: It didn't start well, didn't No, I didn't played against the defending champs. So we got we got cracked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's okay, got cracking, crack, It's okay. I supported him. I was there late night. I was watching it for one. You know, they raised the banner. You know, we gave them a gift first first and opening night. You know Stanley Cup raised, you know, raising a banner, all that stuff.
Speaker 9: You don't want to ruin that night for them to let them have I will kind people in.
Speaker 10: Seattle I will say that there are two different ways that you can take the way that they raised that banner, And there's one that there's one side of it is it's super entertaining. It was corny and there's a lot to it. But then there's another where you're just like, man, this just seems like really man, I don't want to take a lot of any other sports leagues, but yeah, just like very below what you think for professional sports. But I'm scared up to a slot machine and pulled down the lever and then it like went like three straight. It was a it was a huge slap machine, and then behind it was the banner and then so that it came up three straight Stanley cups and then the banners started going up.
Speaker 8: I gotta go see that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot more to it. There's there's a lot more to it than that.
Speaker 7: It was really like the timing was bad on everything, Like the transitions were horrible.
Speaker 5: It was very Las Vegas though, seeing a lot of the times whenever they do their little opens, like it's very Las Vegas, like they they're just playing up the glitz and the glam.
Speaker 1: And the gold and the and they did all that before it too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did all that that pull.
Speaker 1: The sword out of them watch the stone Yeah, oh gosh, yeah, I can see people that were there being very entertained. It's just for some people that I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe it got been production good production is too long, but it was seeing.
Speaker 5: You haven't been to a production standpoint for the production standard.
Speaker 6: It was a production standpoint.
Speaker 5: I'd kind of like to see the krack and win a Stanley Cup because with their ownership, yes, well have you Isaiah hasn't been to a cracking game yet?
Speaker 6: And correct, They're production in Seattle was insane.
Speaker 9: I believe it was Forech headquarters up there. Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 5: I know it's baseball season, guys, all right, for me, baseball season, hockey.
Speaker 6: Seas yourself sorry, guys, speak for yourself again. Kyle.
Speaker 5: It's been a while since our team has been in the ALCS, but I'm just excited to be here.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: Let's let's dive into some news and notes, Nick, I mean, the Cowboys were off yesterday, kind of another de facto off day today before things really get ramped up tomorrow and Friday moving into the.
Speaker 9: Monday night came.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so nothing really came out of yesterday with no availability and whatnot, So I chose to look at a couple of big picture things for News and Notes today. I wanted to start with Tony Pollard. Coming into the season. I think we maybe expected a little bit more production from him at this point. Five games in. He had two rushing touchdowns against the Giants in Week one. Since then, he has yet to get into the end zone, whether it be running or receiving, averaging ride at sixty sixty eight yards a game. Do y'all expect more? By this point? I already lost a fumble too. What's kind of y'all's take on Tony Pollard as the lead running back at this point?
Speaker 7: I think he's fine when he's giving the ball. They're just not giving them the ballough the fumble, you can't fumble. We already went over that over the last you know, few days as to what led to that fumble. But he knows you got to protect the ball. That's that's any ball anybody who's carrying the rock. But I mean, ultimately, they're just he's not getting the rock enough consistently. And we talked about how that affects this entire offense, Dak's ability to throw the ball, how you open up the playbook, Tony Powler's ability to have big play, big splash plays.
Speaker 9: You're not getting the ball to on my screen.
Speaker 7: So it's just there's a lot of people being underutilized currently right now. And again, you know, I think coach McCarthy hopefully will dig into his Christmas bag and start pulling some stuff out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on that fumble, it's wild how that ball stayed in bounce.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, somebody had a joystick on that things.
Speaker 10: I feel like it's kind of just payback for how lucky the Cowboys got with their three previous fumbles during the season to have be out his cover two of McEwan recover the other. It just like it was wild though, how nobody nobody's foot touched it. It didn't go out of bounds. I just rowed that sideline. I don't know, it went to like the very edge tight before it was recovered.
Speaker 5: Well, And if it would have touched any of those guys, yeah at all, ye, because their front half was out of bounds and their feet were just taking an inbounds. If it would have touched even the slightest sliver of their foot it would have been.
Speaker 8: There was just legs everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just flying.
Speaker 1: It looked like a kraken, and that's why the Cowboys lost the game.
Speaker 5: Everybody paused, and then then you made the joke, and then there was another pause. By the way, Tony Pollard season low eight carries and twenty nine rushing yards, so both season lows against.
Speaker 6: San Francisco, he said, back to back.
Speaker 5: Games with fewer than twelve carries and under fifty rushing yards. Right now, Pollard is averaging a career low four point two yards per carry. Of course, last year he had five point two. If you want to really look at.
Speaker 8: The comparison, Yeah, I guess more so for me when I was looking at you know what he's put on put on the table. So far this season, we haven't really seen that explosiveness that we saw when he was more of the complimentary back last season. Not to say that he can't still have it as the lead back. I would just like to see this offense put them in better position, put him in a better position to succeed here. I think it's more so a product of that rather than Pollar not being able to produce, although I do feel there's a little bit of blame on both sides.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask that question because a lot of the narrative around Tony Pollard beforehand was you needed Zeke to take the brunt of the carries, take the physical the short yardage game, take that, and Zeke was really good at that.
Speaker 6: Pollard can't handle it.
Speaker 9: That was the way that it.
Speaker 6: Was prescribed ahead of time or described ahead of time.
Speaker 5: Do you think that that's still a factor here, because I mean, fact of the matter is you look at his numbers and he hasn't had that home run yet. He's had some explosive plays and he's had the big runs, but he hasn't had the home run ball yet.
Speaker 7: Just I mean, it is what it is right now in terms offenses, Like I said, that under utilization, and I just think that there's a lot to get to here. I think they've been very elementary in their offerings to date. And because of that, you're not going to get a lot of those big splash plays that you're accustomed to seeing, so you're not backing defenses up, You're going to keep a lot of people in the box. The opportunities just aren't going to be present, especially, we don't have the sample size, so percentage wise, you don't have the chances because you're not running the rock enough. And then in terms of big splashes where you're not backing people up, so there's gonna be more people closer to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 8: I don't think we had an opportunity to talk about it yesterday. This is last things and know what I have about Layton vand Rush and CJ. Goodwin potentially going on the IR that's a big impact, I think more so for Layton vand Rush, but still really huge impact on special teams. Obviously CJ. Goodwin brings a lot in that department. Where do you guys kind of see both of those responsibilities getting filled in?
Speaker 10: What do you think well with Layton Vanders, I think they need to add a linebacker that's not in the building right now. I mean, they've just gotten too thin at that position. And I know people aren't gonna like to hear this, but I think it's gonna lead to a little bit more more of Michael Parsons playing some linebacker. I'm not saying that he's going to be their full time mine backer, but I think he's going to get some more snaps there. Dan Quinn mentioned that the other day, So that's that one I know that, I know, I see it has thrilled about that. And then, uh, with Goodwin, that's tough man, I mean, because it's not just his play, but it's also the leadership he brings to that group. I mean, I you know, I mean, Jalen Tolbert's really stepped up in his role with the special teams, but you need some other guys to do that same thing now with with CJ not being in there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm not sure. I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, IgG Binogaany was the guy who was mainly filling in whenever CJ went out the other night.
Speaker 10: So and he does have special teams experience from Miami, I believe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, quite a bit, quite a bit as and as a gunner, So there's there's experience there. But I really like what Jalen Tolbert is also done as a gunner and being in that same role so far this season. I mean, we talked about that tackle he had during the Patriots game on special teams.
Speaker 6: It was a huge So.
Speaker 8: There's a couple of options you have there. But like you said, the leadership on the field is probably the thing that they'll miss the most.
Speaker 9: From CJ. Good thing.
Speaker 6: Special teams doesn't matter, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course not. There's only thirty three percent of the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's only a third, you know, big time stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is it really thirty three though?
Speaker 1: No, you no, it's not.
Speaker 9: Okay, No, it's.
Speaker 8: Like what fifteen have a bad kicker?
Speaker 9: How that goes for you?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, that's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 9: That's a good point.
Speaker 10: If you have a bad kicker. Yes, it goes into thirty three percent if you have a good kicker. I'm just saying by today's rules. I'm not talking about like traditional football, but today's rules. Man, I'm gonna tell you us right now, a lot of times when the special teams comes out there, that's when I go to the bathroom. That's when I would get a drink. That's I mean, they're just there. Just is not that sizzle that there used to be with teams.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 9: However, you're talking a lot of a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but but I'm also trying to be a realistic where the NFL is.
Speaker 9: Right terms of the rules, yeah, kick.
Speaker 1: It's because of the rules, it's not because of the players.
Speaker 7: But you don't But there's a lot of elements to special teams that people don't pay attention to.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 7: So, for obviously, if you don't have a good kicker, well, all of a sudden, your field goal unit, there's a lot of people watching that, right Dallas his experience that over the past few years where people STI don't go to the bathroom. They sit around and see did you make the Okay he made the field would not go to the bathroom. Okay, I'm talking kick a kickoff? Yeah, kick again. Game has changed that they've moved that back. But pump return punt, you're about talking about punt team. If you don't have good punt coverage, you're gonna stick around and watch that.
Speaker 6: That's where you're gonna miss c. J.
Speaker 9: Goodw That's where're gonna miss thea a ton. So in terms of people's abilities to be able to.
Speaker 7: Go down there and force those fair catches that you go to the bathroom on, typically, if you don't have that force in place, then guess what teams are gonna start returning the ball. And if teams can return the ball instead of fair catching. There's a higher probability of them gaining more first downs off of that one play, or it's the them have an ability to score a touchdown off of that one big play, right, and if if somebody has a punk return for a touchdown against you, the chances of you losing that ball game go up exponentially.
Speaker 9: So there are to your point, the.
Speaker 7: Rules have changed a lot of that that dynamic in terms of kickoff, but there's a lot of other elements that that are very important. Those plays happen, right, whether you're giving up those plays or you make those plays on special teams, those usually change the whole platform.
Speaker 6: Ye, So what Isaiah is saying is that now that CJ. Goodwin has headed to IR, you better hold it. Just told it.
Speaker 9: Don't need to go to the bathroom. Just well you.
Speaker 10: The kickoffs though, especially just like I don't feel like I have to go.
Speaker 9: They need to move it back, Yeah, I mean they need to move it back.
Speaker 10: I just how much the build up is before the game starts and everyone's getting excited to just go out there, and you're just.
Speaker 9: Like, yeah, they need to move it back. Was it about thirty five right now?
Speaker 8: Turpin's had like what one return two returns may.
Speaker 9: Man, Yeah, maybe a little bit tough.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was going to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: I think San Francisco was the only team that really pooch kicked it, yeah, to the to the far side. They would always try and pin Turpin right in at about the ten fifteen yard line and then let them come out and take it. And I mean there was a couple times where Turpin. I think Turpin had one really nice return they got up to like the thirty five, and then the other one was twenty twenty five, kind of right around where you would on a touch back.
Speaker 8: Anyways, two returns for Turpin so far the season, and then two for Dowbell, which I think both came against San Francisco.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, I will say though, to Isaiah's playing the punt when you did see because of uh, well, I don't think we didn't talk about Turpin though, did we?
Speaker 8: We didn't talk about Turpin? Yeah, with his high ankle sprain, it's looking like he'll have a chance to go on Monday. But if i'm if, I'm I'm holding him.
Speaker 10: So he got tackled on the Cowboys sideline he immediately hopped up and was limping, and you just knew on the tackle the way he was like rolled there was something wrong there. So to your point, on that next punt return when duce Vaughn was out there, there is a little bit where you're just like, he has got to catch it, you know, because it's not a guy that he's not getting a lot of reps there obviously in game reps and stuff like that. It's a big moment. He's got guys around him. You know, no one's expecting for you to have this huge return. Just don't drop just football right now, you know.
Speaker 5: And then he had on the kick return where he bobbled it, but it was stayed in the end zone so he was able to just take a knee.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are a couple of things we got to talk about with douce Vaughan two, I think at some point. But today we are previewing the Dallas defense versus the Los Angeles offense and what the.
Speaker 6: Chargers bring to the table.
Speaker 5: Of course, is led by former offensive coordinator Kellen Moore. So I mean, Isaiah, based off of what you've seen out of this offense in the past with Kellen Moore at the helm. What can we expect with him now that he comes in with the Chargers offense that, by the way, is going to get both Justin Herbert and Austin Eckler back in the fold this week.
Speaker 7: I think you're going to get your DBS tested like you haven't had all year long. There hasn't been a team that is going to throw the ball as much as the Chargers are going to throw the ball this week. They are going to throw the ball good forty times.
Speaker 1: Most talented quarterback The cow was the phase this year.
Speaker 7: Facts, Yeah, facts, I mean yeah, most talented quarterback, I would say the most talented way to put it, most talented receiving corps for sure. When I say receiving corps, I mean receivers, tight end and running back you're going to get. I mean it's a it's a lot now personnel wise that you have to that you have to contest with, and then you think they're better.
Speaker 6: Than San Francisco receivers wise, past catchers wise.
Speaker 7: I mean when you number two, I would say yes, based upon the routes that they're running, Yeah, I would say so. I would say so because San Francisco guys They're not running complex routes. They're really not. They're their schemes are relative, relatively simple. Deebo is not running routes on the field. He's staying close to the line of scrimmage. He's running quick little flats and things like that to stay close to Auk is running the routes right majority of the time.
Speaker 10: So I think do you think it would be the same for them one hypothetical if they were the super team and Herbert was their quarterback, do you think the Niners would still run it that way just because that's their system, or do you think they would up.
Speaker 9: Some definite change. Herbert has a cannon.
Speaker 1: He certainly does.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean yeah, so I think that they're just gonna be challenging a different way. I think these I mean, they haven't faced receivers that are this large.
Speaker 9: These guys are huge. Keenan out okay across the board.
Speaker 8: Palmer League, Allen Quentin, Johns Johnson.
Speaker 7: I mean, these dudes are six three six four across the board two hundred plus.
Speaker 9: You know, so these guys are large. So you're gonna have to deal with that.
Speaker 7: Then you you can't get so locked in on them either, because Eckler will route you up. So it's a lot and you know what Kellen More is gonna be in his bag. You know he's had a whole playbook ready for this week. I mean, so you know you're gonna get his best. You're familiar with his concepts which helped, which obviously helps.
Speaker 9: But it's gonna be a challenge, man, It's gonna be a challenge.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to seeing how our DB's respond, but this will be the most challenged our defensive backs have been.
Speaker 5: They are fourth in the league in terms of average pass EPA. They are also third in the league in terms of play action percentage this season. I mean they play a lot out of play action. The league averages twenty two percent. They play out of play action twenty nine percent.
Speaker 8: And that's with Joshua Kelly mainly as the running back, not even with.
Speaker 5: Austin Eckler the backfield, who's missed the last three games. So, John, whenever you look at it too, I mean, you talked about Justin Herbert. I think he's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 9: I really do.
Speaker 5: I think he's fantastic. What have you seen from him and how is he going to try and challenge the outside.
Speaker 10: I just look at the last time that they played him, and just watching him in general, like his arm is as strong as anyone's arm, and he can just make throws that. Let's be honest, the Cowboys have been pretty fortunate with the quarterbacks they faced up to this point, and he's just on another level with the rest of those guys.
Speaker 1: And then the fact of like.
Speaker 10: Kellen Moore is very like quiet, mild manner or whatever, He's gonna want to put up points against this Cowboys defense. There's no question that he's gonna want to put up a big day against them. So the way I look at it, though, is it just for the Cowboys up front. I mean that pass rush has to be there because if you give him time at all to sit back there and throw, I just think it's going to be a huge day for that Charger's offense. I'm not saying that that means that they're going to blow the Cowboys out or anything, but justin Herbert's arm talent is just on another level. And so and if you get Claire back, just the things that they can do in the red zone to you, especially coming off of what we saw, how the defense played against San Francisco. I mean, it could get really ugly. This is not any type of oh yeah, this team. You know, this this Chargers team, you know coming into the season, if everyone's healthy, that's a that's a team, that's a Super Bowl type contending team.
Speaker 1: This is not going to be some light work here.
Speaker 10: So I think the Cowboys are kind of fortunate that they're getting extra day because, you know, with it being a Monday night game, because they're gonna have their hands full with him. I mean, he's he's really good. I mean, to me, I think he's a top five quarterback in the league.
Speaker 7: Did you say you rather have the San Francisco forty nine ers receiving corps?
Speaker 5: Then yes, yeah, I would give me Brandon, I you, Deebo, Samuel, Christian mccaffs.
Speaker 8: George Kittlet.
Speaker 5: This is receivers running, okay, So take them out of it.
Speaker 9: Let's talk about receivers, just receivers, just receivers.
Speaker 1: With Mike Williams.
Speaker 6: This is the goalpost movie.
Speaker 1: If Mike Williams is healthy, I mean, okay.
Speaker 9: Time, I mean you could go with who they have out there right.
Speaker 8: Now, Josh to a Palmer, and let's take Keenan Allen. So, yeah, Joshua Palmer, Quentin Johnson, who has six receptions so far?
Speaker 9: About what they've done, I'm talking about what they're capable of doing.
Speaker 7: Give I mean Tony Potter hasn't done much, but you know what he's doing, no idea what he's capable of.
Speaker 8: I'll take the Niners receiver group over probably every team in the league except for like two Miami and Buck Dallas.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding, maybe why So okay, let's let's take a step by step.
Speaker 6: Who is the best receiver out of this entire group? Deebo Samuel?
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 6: Really, I mean.
Speaker 10: We're talking I don't know, they're used kind of differently, but.
Speaker 8: Differently, but I would give the edge.
Speaker 7: Were talking about we're talking about just receiver any talking about running back abilities, We're talking about just as a receiver.
Speaker 8: Then I'll give you that. We'll give you that.
Speaker 5: If we're talking route runners specifically, then yeah, it's Keenan Allen.
Speaker 8: But then you go to Devo talking about four McCaffrey, five, the ball boy on the San Francisco side line six. I mean, Joshua Wa Palmer. I don't know, I don't know. They have a talented receiver group. I'm with you, but I don't think it's more talented than the Niners.
Speaker 1: If you count McCaffrey though, for the Niners, and we have to count for the Chargers, yeah, he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you count Gerald Everett for the Chargers, you're gonna have to count George Kittle for.
Speaker 1: What If I count Antonio Gates, you can.
Speaker 8: If you want to, We'll count Jerry Rice.
Speaker 6: That'll work all right.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we're gonna take a break from the defensive versus offensive preview.
Speaker 6: We're gonna take a look around the National Football League. We're gonna have John's storylines for the week.
Speaker 5: We'll get right back to it, though, because we've got plenty more to talk about in terms of Justin Herbert plus Michael Parsons. How does he rebound in a way where he might actually have to step back and play a little bit of linebacker this week when we come back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believe the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash fi g for you for details.
Speaker 15: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com.
Speaker 6: To fuel up.
Speaker 11: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking App.
Speaker 11: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 3: Bank of America's digital twos are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't Stop Banking Everykay.
Speaker 6: It's only available in the Elis language.
Speaker 11: You must download the latest version of the Mobile Banking app, only available on Sight mobile devices.
Speaker 6: Message in dowt rags apply, I remember FDIC.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you.
Speaker 9: Dear doctor?
Speaker 5: My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the souldier to cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just to remind her that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 6: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Welcome back into Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food Quaker Roads, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back in with Isaiah stand Back, John Machoda, Nick Harris, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: Glad you're with us. John.
Speaker 5: We've got some national storylines or inside the building storylines to hit in terms of around the National Football League? What which you want to start with first?
Speaker 10: So I forgot that we were supposed to do that today, So we're just going to carry over what's in the ring.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: No, So October thirty first is the trade deadline, and there's been a little bit more activity leading up to it than normal. I mean, that's still three weeks away about and you know, you've seen some guys like Chase Claypool, JC Jackson, who was it yesterday, Van Jefferson yesterday the Falcon So you've seen a little bit of activity. And I know we can't talk about players from other teams obviously, but I wanted to throw out to you guys, if you could add a position that would upgrade this current Cowboys roster. I'll be like a starter level player, not just some backup like or reserve help, but a starting level player that Jerry Jones comes you and is like, we can add a starting level player. So one position on this team right now, what would it be for me? Linebacker immediately jumps out, just because I worry a little bit about the Layton Vandresh injury, just because it's a type of injury that you know he's had before, and linebacker was already kind of thin. But then I also think, okay, well maybe it needs to be someone on offense, because this offense clearly needs a spark.
Speaker 1: So I was wondering where you guys went on that one.
Speaker 8: Nick, I'll let your ste Yeah, I think linebacker is probably the easiest answer there, But if you forced me to look elsewhere, safety would be interesting, just because you could spin somebody down and then have a lot more presence of guys like jay Ron Curse and Donovan Wilson in that second level and maybe try to be just a little bit more athletic in a second level rather and physical offensively. I thought about receiver, But the thing is they have Brandon Cooks, and I'm confident in Brandon Cooks if he can get the ball. I don't think it's necessarily a personnel issue. I think it's more so a scheme issue there. If you had to add a spark on offense, then then maybe you add more of a physical back that can take, you know, a little bit of workload off of Tony Pollard to kind of reignite his spark a little bit. As we talked about, you know, his efficiency so far this season hasn't been phenomenal, hasn't been bad, but you know, it's just hasn't been what we've seen when he's been more of a complimentary back. Man. Those are probably the only two I would look at though right now.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't think about maybe like a big physical receiver like you said. I know, you talked about the confidence level and Brandon Cooks, and but you look across the board. You've got Michael Gallup, Brandon Cooks, Seedee Lamb. You don't really have that big go up and get a receiver or the possession receiver that you've had maybe in the past.
Speaker 8: I mean, they've shown that they can do it with Gallup so far this season, and he's been good doing it, so it's it's just about putting him in no position to do it.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's as high on the list as the two you mentioned.
Speaker 5: I think I would put linebacker like a like a fly sideline the sideline fly around linebacker, then a physically take the ball, take the short yardage carries, red zone weapon running back.
Speaker 6: And then I would probably say maybe a big time.
Speaker 9: Like big bodied wide receiver to go up and get it. I want a dog on the inside defensive line.
Speaker 10: It's so funny because there's a specific player I was thinking of before you said that, who they're not going to get, but it would be funny.
Speaker 1: It's entertaining to see if they.
Speaker 9: Oud of that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what division he's playing the NFC West. Yeah, okay, and that's what Cowboys might be seeing him in the next few games.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm living in a fantasy world here, definitely, not for sure.
Speaker 9: Could you imagine half your team for that.
Speaker 1: We're just having fun here, we're just throwing.
Speaker 6: You'd have to see out of that fictitious place. I don't think Garrison would have to take that one.
Speaker 9: Rainbow lay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, a dog. So a guy of that caliber would be awesome. Yeah, if you had a dog in an interior defensive line and you couple him with That's not to say that Osa and those guys aren't doing a good job, but I'm talking about somebody who's like crap. When offensive line set to the line of screamers, they see him, they're like, ah.
Speaker 6: Kind of like what you did this week when you saw Javon Hargrave on the other side.
Speaker 9: More than that, More than.
Speaker 6: That, Harve.
Speaker 9: He's a dude. He's a dude. Don't get me wrong. I'll tell you I'll take a hard type of guy for sure.
Speaker 7: But yeah, you need somebody who demands the respect and attention of opposing offensive lines. And if you can get that, then you also have Jonathan Hankins in there. Now, all of a sudden, you change the dynamic of what you can do defensively, because let's not fabricated that strength of your team is your defense. If your teams, if your defense isn't being dominant, then you're probably not winning ball games.
Speaker 10: So when you say that, though, one of the first things they think of, because I think of this with college foot all too. When it comes to defensive tackle, just how many guys are even out there though, Like what you're talking about just seems it's so difficult because you're really looking like today's football, you're looking for a guy who has to be just naturally born, the big type body dude. But then he's got to have athleticism too. Yeah, it just can't just be a you know, just plug in. And you know, Gilbert Brown this thing like he was, he was kind of off of that the other subject. I mean, I feel like this is one of the top things people are talking about in the NFL right now, is just the way Rock Purty played against the Cowboys, how that's elevated him and what people think of him as a quarterback. And because all these quarterback are most of his quarterback contracts aside from the one in Kansas City, are four to five year type deals. It made me look at the rest of the NFL and go, how many teams in the NFL have their quarterback right now that you know is a their guy for.
Speaker 1: The next four to five years.
Speaker 10: And I only got to about maybe ten, And so I was just gonna go down this real quick. And you guys can just agree or disagree to try and make this as quick as possible, but we're gonna leave the NFC East for last. Miami I say yes, yes, Buffalo sorry, Miami Wood.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, Buffalo, I say yes, yep.
Speaker 1: New York Jets No, Patriots no, Pittsburgh Steelers No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, Baltimore Ravens I said yes, yeah, Cleveland Browns no, I don't think so. Nothing else happens off the field, m no, clean, clean everything, all right, So we're torn on that one.
Speaker 1: R Cincinnati Bengals, yes, are we sure right?
Speaker 10: Jacksonville Jaguars, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Indianapolis Colts I would say yes, okay, even with the injury.
Speaker 10: Is there's no injuries, then yeah, but no, because.
Speaker 5: He's had multiple injuries and he's played in what three games?
Speaker 6: Sloye, I are little little ir stand okay?
Speaker 10: Houston Texans I say yes, yes, Tennessee Titans definitely.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 10: Chiefs yes, the Chargers, yes, so we're at I think eight or nine right there, and then Raiders I say no.
Speaker 1: Broncos I say no, no, So that's eight or nine. Hey, we're almost a ten. Now let's talk about the NFC.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, we thought the AFC was loaded.
Speaker 5: In quarterbacks though, right, No, for sure, for sure as that the quarterback slate in the a f C is crowded. Right, quarterback slate in the NFC is not as crowded, But it's also frustrating because of how wide open it is and how the performance has been to this point.
Speaker 10: We'll go to the NFC West here, we're starting with the NFC. San Francisco. I would say.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, but reluctantly, just because.
Speaker 1: You think that San Francisco's guy for the forty nine ers next forty five.
Speaker 9: I don't know. He hasn't been challenged.
Speaker 10: Okay, Rams, I would say no because I just don't think Matthew Seferd has four or five.
Speaker 8: More years, didn't have that left No.
Speaker 5: Seahawks, No, I think they have a lot of confidence in Drew Lock. Honestly, whenever Gino left the game on Monday Night Football a couple or last week, Gino left the game right before halftime, Drew Lock got. I think maybe a series in there, just the way that the body language was there from Pete Carroll and that entire sideline Drew Lock trotting out there they looked like they were happy that Drew Lock was going to get an opportunity to Yeah, I like Gino. I think they all like Gino too, but they also are like they're grooming Drew Lock to be that guy.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna say.
Speaker 10: No, Arizona, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Carolina, we released it. Yeah, okay, So that that.
Speaker 10: Would put us at about ten maybe eleven right there. I know there's some that we're disagreeing on, but ten to eleven right now. Saints no, No, Atlanta Falcons no.
Speaker 6: Not unless something changes significantly.
Speaker 10: You guys can might disagree on this one. I say, Tampay Buccaneers.
Speaker 8: No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 10: There's just some I don't know if it's just living down here, whether there's some hardcore Baker Mayfield fans. There are Vikings, No, No, not at all. I mean, Kirk Cousins has been there for a while. I don't know that they would go through another four or five years unless they had some significant playoff success with him.
Speaker 1: Chicago is a tough one.
Speaker 10: I just feel like with where they're positioned, with that having the top two picks in the draft, how do you not take a quarterback there? How Are you not taking Caleb Williams Williams, Yeah, so I say no, they're Green Bay, I think is a no.
Speaker 6: You don't think Jordan loves the guy, don't.
Speaker 8: I'm not convinced either. That's probably the closest one we've had though. Yeah, that's probably the closest one we've had where it's been a no. But like it could baby be yes, but I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 10: And I know that they're insulated being being a team that's in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and I understand that there is you know, they're they're owned by the fans, so maybe there won't be as much outside pressure. But that quarterback position in Green Bay is a little bit like Alabama football. I expect a good coach to follow Nick Saban. That coach has to be so good right away because they're going to expect those expectations to be on that level and you're not going to think as rationally as you should that Hey, it's going to be tough to follow that. So that's the only reason why Jordan Love has to be very good for I think to keep that.
Speaker 1: Jared Goff I do not think is going to be there four or five years from now for the Lions. Really, I don't know if you guys feel that way.
Speaker 6: He's played really well.
Speaker 1: He has played really well, absolutely, and.
Speaker 8: They've they've shown in the past to be just overly committed.
Speaker 6: To two guys quarterbacks for a very long time.
Speaker 1: I would love to be wrong about this.
Speaker 9: I would love to be wrong about this.
Speaker 6: I would say, yes, how old is he.
Speaker 8: Let's let's take it.
Speaker 6: It's only like twenty nine, like he's or thirty.
Speaker 1: Maybe he went in the draft right before.
Speaker 8: Dak twenty nine he's he wow?
Speaker 1: Or no, he was in Dax's draft. He was in twenty sixteen. Yeah, he was the one in there and he.
Speaker 8: Turns twenty nine on Saturday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so give me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he'd be there.
Speaker 10: So we started for twelve or thirteen there and then the last but not at least the NFC East.
Speaker 1: I think the Eagles.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, Yes, Washington no, Giants, No, here we go, Cowboys.
Speaker 1: We have one.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, no, oh man, this one's close to the No.
Speaker 10: It is I it is it is because you also got to factor this into thirty again, because if we're being fair and we're going about like I used the Packers example, it can't just be about what we think. It's got to be kind of what you think that organization would do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's kind of that's kind of where I'm at here. I think if you were talking about just pure simple tape and performance, the trending is going down, yeah, and so I would say no.
Speaker 6: But if you're like you said, you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about the way that an organization rallies around the leader, rallies around a quarterback.
Speaker 6: I think I would still say no.
Speaker 8: He would have to get to an NFC championship game this year, next year.
Speaker 9: No or yeah or this year period.
Speaker 5: You could even stop there, and it may even be in that conversation depending on how he plays getting to that point.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: If there isn't some sustained playoff success, don't I don't think it is. Yeah, if we have one more real quick, I just wanted to talk a little about your Texas Rangers there, because I think it is a little bit of a bit like it is interesting that, especially not being from Dallas, like it's the Dallas Cowboys are just to me, it's like that's one of the top two or three things I thought of of Dallas when you know, growing up and to come down here and see that the Rangers, Mavericks, Stars have all been to the Final four now in the last two years, yep, and the Cowboys haven't been there since ninety five. I mean that's that. I just saw some people tweeting that yesterday over the game. That is glarian because you know, you listened to Jerry Estra and the radio and he remember when he asked that question back at the beginning, like would you say that we've had good teams?
Speaker 1: Have you said, you know whatever?
Speaker 10: And it's like, yes, yes, And I don't know, he didn't say bad luck, but he said that, you know, when we've had those good teams, we just haven't been able to put it together and make that deep run or whatever. And I just don't think you can sit there and just say it's bad luck for this long of a period, because here's the everything and no offense to that.
Speaker 1: Those other DFW teams.
Speaker 10: I don't know that any of those three are looked at as like, oh no, that's one of the top two with your organizations in that sport.
Speaker 5: In terms of wins. Maybe the MAVs because they've won a lot and a lot of that had to do with Dirk and what Dirk did. Yeah, but no, I don't I completely agree with you. I don't think you're looking at the NBA. You're saying Lakers, Celtics, not the heat because the heat are terrible and I can't stand the heat.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm looking at yeah, but you know that they're absolutely no questions.
Speaker 6: I just have a heat, okay.
Speaker 8: The heat things. Did you say that the mas were like a top three organization.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying win wise, they won of a lot a lot of games.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, out of the three teams in DF Stars hold on, that would be the one where you could look at and say they've had the most sustained success out of the three because they won a lot.
Speaker 6: That's That's That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying in the NBA. Trust me, I was about.
Speaker 8: We're about to have talking talking hoops.
Speaker 5: I thought you were looking at me because I was going to throw a shot at the heat. I thought you just knew that was coming.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was coming. But yeah, it is interesting and I'm happy the Rangers are in the the A l c S.
Speaker 5: But I mean even tweets yesterday when I was celebrating the Alcs was well, at least one team can get there, So it was interesting.
Speaker 10: If we're going to talk about big topics in that, it's kind of you can't Shotwick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's definitely one. But all right, we got to take our second break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we'll finish up our defensive preview against the Chargers offense, and we'll get you ready for Thursday.
Speaker 6: Here on Talking Cowboys right after.
Speaker 4: This, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 15: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list? Forever Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 13: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at.
Speaker 6: And T five G.
Speaker 13: Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatable planning. To buys five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 6: To Talking Cowboys Back you're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This segment is brought to you by Visi Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. The segment is also brought to you by the Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan.
Speaker 6: Glad you're back with us, Isaiah, you had some stats.
Speaker 9: Pull it up real quick. Carry over what we're talking about?
Speaker 6: The break? Yeah, get out of that rivals all right?
Speaker 9: Hm? You seen he got game before?
Speaker 6: Huh have you ever seen he got game?
Speaker 9: Good movie?
Speaker 8: All right? So right, Isaiah shuttlesworth across from me.
Speaker 9: Isaiah. All right, So here we go.
Speaker 7: So of the top eight offenses in the NFL as it stands today top eight. Dallas is going to play or has already played, seven of the top eight offenses in the league. Let me go down that list. Miami Dolphins, they're on the schedule. Philadelphia Eagles, that's twice. That's three games. San Francisco forty nine. Ers just took care of them. They're actually third on the list. Buffalo Bills, Yep, they're on the list as well. They're fourth offense in the league. Los Angeles Chargers, fifth offense in the league. Detroit Lions, they're on there as well. In the Los Angeles Rams, seven of the top eight current offenses.
Speaker 9: Through Week five are on your schedule.
Speaker 7: One of those games is twice, so eight of your seventeen games is against currently.
Speaker 9: The top offenses in the league.
Speaker 7: And as we talk about the Chargers, the Chargers are currently fifth in the NFL in offense. You just played San Francisco. San Francisco was third. They're averaging four hundred and two yards per game. The Charges are averaging three hundred and eighty eight yards per game.
Speaker 5: In San Francisco. The only team on that list. I might have missed one that that.
Speaker 6: We have played already. The Dallas has played correct.
Speaker 5: So that means seven out of your remaining twelve games are against the top eight offense offices, and.
Speaker 8: That that concerns me even more when you look at the success the defense has had against certain teams. Look at Arizona or excuse me, look at the Jets, Giants, and Patriots on that list, it's probably like twenty six, twenty eight, thirty two. You say one more time on oh yeah, where are the Jets, Jets, Giants, Patriots on that list? Probably really low?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're down there that the Yeah, the Patriots and the Jets are in the lower three, six, six and seven twenty yea.
Speaker 9: That's well, yeah, yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 8: That's what concerns me. I just want to see this defense play well against a really good offense, and they have the next three games to do that.
Speaker 5: The stat that I was looking at with this defense specifically is the fact that they they allowed, of course, forty two points on Sunday night, they combined forty one points. I think a lot of people have seen that stat that had forty one points allowed going into that game and then they allowed forty two. But in their losses they've allowed seventy points compared to thirteen points in their wins. So yeah, I mean, if your defense helped set the tone, you were in a much better spot. And it's almost like we talked about that a training camp too.
Speaker 7: But it's probably a more alarming stat right. Put things in context, I know we'd like to do that. The Jets are currently averaging eighteen points a game. New England's averaging eleven points per game. The two teams that you've played so far, Arizona Cardinals are averaging twenty one points per game.
Speaker 9: That's your loss.
Speaker 7: And as we go up, the San Francisco forty nine Ers are averaging thirty three points per game and the Chargers whom you're about to play are averaging twenty seven and a half and two of their best offensive players have not been in the mix.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not that you're gonna You're supposed to have all the answers to this, but what do you think the best plan of attack is when you go against teams like that with your offense, Like, do you do you need to open it up more? Because there's the two schools of thought where also Mike McCarthy could keep away playing you know, his offense to help the defense the other.
Speaker 9: But we know that, right, that's the West Coast offense is predicated off of that.
Speaker 7: Like, but you have to run the ball, yeah, and you have to play keep away and you have to get first downs.
Speaker 9: Eight first downs in the game is not going to set you up to play keep away. Yeah, you just it's just not has to has to be better. It has to be.
Speaker 7: What has been the few weeks leading up to the San Francisco game where you were having eighty eighty five synats on offense, Like, that's what it has to be. That's playing keep away, right, keeping a ball in your hands. You can't lose the possession battle thirty seven minutes to twenty two, Like, that's not a that's not a thing.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of that is predicated off of playing with the lead too. I mean, you got to get up early if you're going to have a chance to play that style of game. Because this offense, I mean, say what you want about the struggle in the red zone and whatever it may be, point of the matter, they can't move the ball down the field at will. They're not one of those offenses right now, they haven't been. So if you're playing from behind, I feel much less confident about what this offense can do playing with a deficit in front of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hear you. I don't whole hardly agree with that statement. I think last week was bad. I think last week was terrible.
Speaker 7: Actually, prior to that, I feel like they had been moving the ball really will and I think they just have been.
Speaker 6: Moving the ball.
Speaker 5: But yeah, those are to have the quick strikeability, that's what I'm tak Yeah, yeah, okay, yes, if you're.
Speaker 6: Playing down by fourteen, I don't.
Speaker 9: Want to twelve or twelve plays, all different discussions.
Speaker 7: Right, can they move the ball effectively? They have shown that this year they can move the ball effectively. By when you're running eighty methodically, you're as effectively, right, you're you're moving the ball.
Speaker 9: Now we're talking about big plays.
Speaker 7: No, they have not shown the ability to have big plays because they're running three step drops. So yeah, so the offense has not opened up to that aspect where they can have those big plays.
Speaker 9: But sustained drives. They have shown that.
Speaker 7: They just didn't have it last week. Right, they had eight first downs versus twenty five. To your point, when you get behind, right, if as long as you're within a score.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, ten points right to score striking.
Speaker 5: This is right.
Speaker 7: Now, I can still stay within my offense. But as soon as you're down by two touchdowns, I can no longer stay within my offense. And now that question arises, can you have the big playability?
Speaker 9: Well, you know that you can, but they just haven't shown it right and they haven't got to it.
Speaker 7: They haven't got to the concepts, they haven't got to the formations, they haven't everything.
Speaker 6: It's been disaster.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, yeah. So I mean like that's where you're at right now. But all of that comes back to you have to be able to run the ball. You have to be able to run the ball because you're one you're one of your best playmakers on offense. One of your two best playmakers is the ball carrier, right, the running back.
Speaker 9: So you have to get the ball in his hands.
Speaker 7: You're not going to throw the ball to him more than you're gonna give it to him, So hand him the ball and let him do what he does. Okay, Off of that, your quarterback is best off of what play action. So everything comes back to the fact that you have to be able to run the ball because this offense is not made to drop back and throw it down the field. Now this when you want to throw it down the field with this offense is off of play action.
Speaker 6: That's the only time.
Speaker 10: So I guess the one positive is that you do have your starting offensive line finally together. And the hope is that the more that they're together, the more they'll be able to get that running game going. That's I think the best hope that you have with all of that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 8: I think to have a running game that has to be really effective, it needs to be multiple. Do we need more carries for Rico daubdele on this podcast? Do we need more twenty five carries so far the season and comparison deuced Fawn as twenty.
Speaker 10: I will say, I do think if they were running. I do think if they were running the ball well and having success with it, you would have more possessions, You'd have more carries. I think that is no would be up because I don't think that they would just sit there and go, Tony's got the hot hand, let's give him thirty carries.
Speaker 1: It just hasn't even gotten to that level. I mean, what do you have on side? Was like eight? I think maybe yeah, on Sunday night.
Speaker 10: So if you're getting to the level where there was those games where when Zeke and and Tony both went off in the past, I think that there will be those times or if they're running it well, Rico will have, you know, a ten fifteen carry game in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: He'll have to.
Speaker 8: I would love to see that. Seven carries against the Jets, six against the Giants. That's the only time he's he's gotten above five carries.
Speaker 6: In a game.
Speaker 10: He's clearly the player that you would see next behind Tony that you feel the most comfortable in this situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I was looking at or Deuce Vaughan, I mean twenty carries. That kind of shocked me, Like just to see that he's had twenty carries. A lot of that is in garbage time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of both. I mean four of your games have been lopsided.
Speaker 7: Well, exactly, he has no running room when he gets the ball. Yes, it's not very tough to hear that line. Yeah, two yards per carry. So he's got twenty for forty yards.
Speaker 5: And I've kept the stat in mind that we said right at the beginning of the year that Darren Sproles had his rookie season, he had only eight carries for fifty yards, which is pretty impressive. When you talk about eight carries for fifty yards, it's six point three on average. But that's all he had in his first two years. The average is different. But also you got to look at the film too.
Speaker 9: You got to look at the situations.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's getting opportunities in Dallas has the ninth best rushing offense in the league right now.
Speaker 8: Nine said surprising, it's not surprising when you factor in how many times they've they've run the ball. I mean it's been it's been quite a bit.
Speaker 10: So for them to have dear Waldsman type success, like you're talking about, with needing the running game to get the play action game going, they might have to be like a top five rushing team.
Speaker 7: I mean, they could figure it out. I mean, but you know, in terms of preparation, you know, for the Chargers, a good thing is they haven't ran the ball a bunch over there. You know, they throw it more than they run in. But also they haven't had their Yeah, they're their dude in there. So that's gonna be interesting. Who would you guys think, I know, we gotta get out of here. Last question, who would you guys think has the top rushing offense in the.
Speaker 8: League by yards?
Speaker 10: Because you're asking, yeah, like it's gonna be some Miami type givens because they put up they number Kelly's.
Speaker 9: Number two, San Franz number three.
Speaker 8: Is Miami not in there?
Speaker 9: Miami's number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because I mean I just watched all their numbers.
Speaker 8: Or Devon a Chen and Mostert and not enough Wilson's coming back eighty five yards.
Speaker 1: Again or else they want to put back there, coming green.
Speaker 6: All right, we got to get out of here.
Speaker 5: Get on the phone lines right now for Nick Eatman and Cowboys storyline eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. He'll love to take your calls here in a couple of moments and talk through not only what happened on Sunday, but what will happen on Monday night football against the Los Angeles Chargers. Will be back tomorrow. Previewing the Dallas offense. Do they have a chance to maybe attack the Chargers secondary that has given up the most passing yards per game in the NFL. Maybe there's a chance there for Dak Prescott in this offense to or reach some things down the line for Isaiah standback John Machoda, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yelman, saying so long for talking Cowboys, We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.