Speaker 1: Hey, it's your brand new second podcast. Thanks for being here, and thanks Alexis for sticking it out this week.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: If you have to hear my cough in the background the segments, it's trying to gross.
Speaker 2: Do you make a drinking game out of it this week?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Every time you hear me cough in the podcast, take a shot.
Speaker 1: All right, And your episode today is really about sending something to the wrong person.
Speaker 2: We've all done it, but probably not to this level.
Speaker 1: No, not on this level, that's for sure. You're gonna hear what's up in a second. But first comment, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Us are not found.
Speaker 1: That said, I'm bunking lessons in school listening to this, but I keep laughing, so I'm gonna get caught. Wait, bunking guessing skipping is.
Speaker 3: When you're like in a bunk bed with somebody.
Speaker 2: Does he mean flunking?
Speaker 3: That makes sense now.
Speaker 2: Flucking?
Speaker 5: I don't know either way.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess not paying attention in school. Okay, yeah, bunk, that's bunk. I don't know. Maybe it's new slang. I'm gonna start using it.
Speaker 1: I think it just ended by you trying that using without doing Yeah I did new episode starts right now.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: What would you say is a brave or courageous first date skydiving?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was gonna say eating one of those lobster boil things.
Speaker 2: It's just so messy and stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's sloppy. I don't know if that's necessarily courageous breakage. Yeah, I was thinking more whitewater rafting or listening to Brook and Jeffrey podcast on a Bluetooth speaker in the middle of a whole foodser coaster that takes bravery? Why And I only asked because one of our listeners says she convinced a guy to do something extremely brave for their first date activity, and she's requested our help. Today, let's welcome Amy the Brave Maker to the show. Hey, Amy, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey guys, I'm doing good. All right.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you already had the courage.
Speaker 3: To do this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I do it all the time.
Speaker 2: You do it all the time.
Speaker 3: All right. We'll get to the brave activity that you forced this guy to do. But let's learn about him. Who is he and how did you meet him?
Speaker 5: So his name's Emmett and I met him through dating app and so in my profile I list that I love doing cold plunges dipping ice water, right yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like to do it as like a health setter or you going out into the wild and finding some cold water to get into.
Speaker 5: I actually have like a cold plunge tub in my back deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool, What a great comparison.
Speaker 2: We had to like a pilate studio house flattering.
Speaker 3: So that was your first date activity? How did that come up?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So that's kind of how he approached me. Messaging me, he was like, I don't think I have the cajone is to do a cold plunge, like on a first date.
Speaker 2: You're like challenge excepted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like it kind of sparked a flirty conversation and I was like, I do it all the time, you get used to it. And he would be totally fine.
Speaker 7: See this is kind of cute because even someone like me who would never do this, Like if a girl was like I challenge you like for our date, I would do it, yeah, you know, and to bond and like get on your.
Speaker 5: Comfort zone exactly. And it was just like it was really friendly competition kind of pushing back and forth, and he was like, oh, it's more of a second or third date thing.
Speaker 2: That's funny, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you invite him over to your house then? Since you have I don't know, bucket at your house filled with.
Speaker 5: Ice, I don't know what you got, that's exactly what it is. And then I totally convinced him to do it after a little bit of lighte pushing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I feel like the bravest part of this is you inviting a guy from a dating app straight to your house.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, you know what I do, the girl thing I tell people, you know what I mean, like for sure?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: You make him very aware that there are cameras on site and anything that happens, I have one more so you'd be chill. Okay, So you convinced him to do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he came over. You know, I got us some liquid courage, and I did it first to show him like, not full of it.
Speaker 4: I'm not a baby.
Speaker 5: I can totally do it. My money where my mouth is.
Speaker 3: Now he has to and then yeah, then.
Speaker 5: He went for it.
Speaker 3: Wow, it go.
Speaker 5: I was really impressed. I mean when he got in he totally screamed. I scream I think I've ever heard, but he totally did it. And you know, we dried off, laughed about it. Just like, grab my portable heater and watch the movie.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a really nice date.
Speaker 2: It sounds actually pretty romantic.
Speaker 4: It was really great.
Speaker 5: It was really up there for top dates. And like, after a bit, we just like hugged and he left and I felt really great about it. And and then I did something kind of stupid. Uh yeah, like after he left, I thought it went really well. So I was like, oh, well, IM going to send a picture to my friends because I think this might go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like not a not a sneaky picture that you took a picture that you grabbed from his dating profile.
Speaker 4: R oh yeah, from his profile page.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I don't think you want to send the picture of the guy straight out of the cold plunge.
Speaker 5: To no hinder than that how things work?
Speaker 3: Okay, so how do you mess that up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I accidentally sent it to him instead of my friends.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, what did the message say?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it wasn't that.
Speaker 5: I was just like, look at this cutie. I got him to go in this cold plunge and I followed up. I was like, Hey, I'm so sorry. I was trying to send to my friends because you're so cute, as you said, cutie.
Speaker 1: That is Chriz sending a picture of Don't you think you'd be flattered?
Speaker 7: IDN?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: She's showing you off already. She's excited about you as long as he's into her equally. You know, if he wasn't into her and then that happens, I feel like it's a turn off.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. I mean, how did he respond to it?
Speaker 5: I thought he was into me, but then I got like no response from him. Even the next day, I wrote, I'm really sorry, would you forgive me? It was just it was a mistake, And then I still didn't get an answer.
Speaker 4: I haven't gotten any answer since. Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean he puts up on social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it sounds like you were saying anything explicit or yeah. I mean, you guys had just joked so much prior to that, it seems like he could have laughed it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Or you've come off as a totally superficial person that only cares for him about his cute looks.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Yeah, so I'm get out of a cold plunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no way.
Speaker 2: He was looking good.
Speaker 5: And what I don't get is like, towards the end of the date, I felt we really hit it off. It felt like we were going to have a second date. It just it felt really good. And I'm usually not like delusional about these things.
Speaker 7: That's like why you were sending it to your friends. Like I said, he's like pretty approved. Now you got to show him off to everybody. Hey, what do you think of him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll see how delusional you really are or aren't when we come back. Yeah, we'll give you the full de Lulu test when we do your second date update and call Emmett right after.
Speaker 6: This Broken Jeffrey in the Morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: Talk about an awkward ending. It's broken Jeffrey in the Morning because our listener Amy had a solid first date with the guy that she liked named Emmett. Fact went so well they were already planning their next hangout when Amy quote and these are her words, screwed it all up because she meant to send Emmett's profile pick to some of her girlfriends, trying to show him off a little bit, but instead sent it straight to him, probably with a bunch of hard eyes and pickle emojis underneath, because I know how you ladies do so immediately, Yeah, Jeff, I know, I've seen Brooks text They are weird. So immediately she sent him an apology and explained what happened, got no response, and now her fate lies in our supple hands. Amy, would you prefer to go by the name Shamey for the next few minutes because I do feel the same. Man, we're just joking.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's an innocent mistake. We've all done something really stupid like that before. Like for him to not understand it and not respond like that kind of sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you also understand that it is a little bit creepy to be sent photos of yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's you don't think all girls do that, then you're stupid. I'm a lexus on that.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited when I get a text from my friends after they go out with somebody.
Speaker 3: But I think that's the thing.
Speaker 5: We all know.
Speaker 7: Everybody does it, but to see it happen, it's just like kind of jarring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could freak you out, so.
Speaker 2: It should be flattering that that's just how we have to paint it.
Speaker 3: Okay, bro, you tell him that you should be flattered, you should be Okay, we're gonna see if even answers the phone, and I'm gonna doll his number right now. Let's do it. You ready, Amy, I'm ready? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Emmett?
Speaker 4: Yeah? This is emmittt.
Speaker 3: Hey man. This is a radio show called Broken Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Not much?
Speaker 3: BROA, No, we're kidding. By the way, this is part of a segment that we're doing. It's called a second date update. We do have a reason for calling you.
Speaker 4: The only date I've gone on here recently would be a lady named Amy. Is that you're calling about.
Speaker 7: You're helping us here.
Speaker 3: A lady sounds like you are hot for her.
Speaker 2: What a coincidence?
Speaker 3: That is funny because Amy is the person who reached out to us wanting to get a hold of you. Okay, because according to her, you have not been really talking to her at all since your date.
Speaker 4: That would be correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, is there a reason?
Speaker 3: Because Amy thinks there might be a reason.
Speaker 4: I'd be curious to know what that reason is.
Speaker 2: Well, it feels like it should be obvious.
Speaker 3: Yes, she told us that after the date, she was happy with how things went and excited, very excited, and wanted to show a photo of you to some of her girlfriends.
Speaker 4: And she sent me my own picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she thinks maybe that weird did you out or the scared you away?
Speaker 4: It was a little strange. I mean, I'm not sure how much she told you, but the picture was like altered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like screenshotted it off your page.
Speaker 4: Off your dating app, right, I mean I know the picture she got it from, but it looked weird. It was different.
Speaker 2: Do you have an Android iPhone? And Android probably.
Speaker 3: A green bubble behind it. I didn't understand.
Speaker 4: Videos.
Speaker 2: It's really funny, is that it?
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't that. I compared the two pictures. It made me look like twenty pounds wider.
Speaker 1: What oh hey, oh wait, I thought you were gonna say like she put a cool filter on it, like she made you skinny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked a lot skinnier. My chin has never looked so narrow in my life.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll get you strong chin.
Speaker 1: Oh right, that has to be some mistake, like why.
Speaker 7: Would yeah or whatever she did I'm with you.
Speaker 3: It's it's weird. What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe she ai'd the thing or something, ran it through some kind of filter or something.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why would she do that?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Maybe she wanted to make him look hotter for her friends.
Speaker 3: But she's not a superficial person. Maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean there are some friend groups that get weird with each other and competitive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can understand how that would make you feel weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm not like an ogre or something, and that's like so instant.
Speaker 2: I would be reallyed.
Speaker 3: But you know what'd make you probably feel really weird is if I told you that Amy was like secretly listening in on this phone call just so she could hear your explanation for avoiding That would be weird, Right, You want to talk to her because that is kind of what's happening.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's listening to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how it works.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I want to know what's up? Why she enhancing me? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you she's listening right now, and you can ask.
Speaker 4: Her that Amy, are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I feel like everybody can use a little like help looking better. The filters are there. I just kind of wanted to show what your potential could be. Oh it was, hey, not twenty pounds, it was like ten to fifteen masks.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, you're overreacting.
Speaker 4: I'm overreacting. And in the additional pan that you gave my skin, Oh.
Speaker 2: He was, that's kind of nice.
Speaker 5: I mean it's I mean, it's just it's just a tan. I mean, it's just a tan. It's not like I changed your nose or anything. I didn't do anything like crazy, permit. It's nothing that you couldn't do if you worked out more, put in a little bit more effort.
Speaker 1: And say like, maybe this is something that you think is normal because you do it to your own pictures.
Speaker 5: Well doesn't everybody? I could like your zoom felts are on when you're on, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And like, what are you saying that you're against self improvement? That you don't want you don't think people could get any better than they actually are.
Speaker 1: Self improvement is something that you do to improve yourself, not something you do to improve someone else, whether they like it or not.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you need to be shoved into self improvement.
Speaker 5: I mean it was all tiny. It was like the skin, it was a minimal amount of like weight loss and like and just like a slight whitening of the.
Speaker 4: Teeth, and it was he whitened my freaking peek.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean just a little bit. I mean, your teeth are really straight, so it's not like I had to do a bunch of staff and like, I mean, other than that, your teeth are perfect.
Speaker 1: Other than that, that is not the compliment you think it is, Amy, I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to be honest.
Speaker 3: I mean, and all these improvements are so much cheaper when you do them on photoshop and not in real life. I think that's true. Amy.
Speaker 1: Were you attracted to him or were you actually hoping that these changes would happen if you started dating him?
Speaker 5: And was definitely attracted to him. But I do a lot to take care of myself, hence cold plunge, And yeah, I would hope that somebody would take care of themselves the way that I did if I were in a relationship with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always good to start something where you just totally want to change the other person.
Speaker 3: Do you feel loved right now?
Speaker 4: I don't know what's the thing right now, this is just the weirdest thing ever.
Speaker 3: Amy is taking a big risk here. She didn't have to say that she whitened your teeth, but she sees the potential in you and your teeth that should be inspiring.
Speaker 4: She did have to confess, so she sent me the picture.
Speaker 2: Right, you deserve someone who likes you for you.
Speaker 3: Crickets from the room. Okay, So look, I believe that any woman who goes through that much trouble. I'm guessing it took at least an hour and a half to photoshop and AI all the bad stuff out of your photo. And she did that for you, and that level of dedication deserves a second chance. If you ask me, if you say yes, we will pay for another date with her.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, it would be embarrassed to ever be seen in front of her friends. They're gonna be like, this doesn't look anything like this guy.
Speaker 3: But if you put in the work, then you won't have to be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: This man to run into all these red flags.
Speaker 3: Because it's the photo sounds really hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think about that though. Her friends are going to have an image of you in their.
Speaker 4: Head, right, it's gonna be like shallow how but in real life.
Speaker 3: Look, EMMITTT if you say no, at least, hey, now you have a better dating picture profile, you can more women do him, just the better.
Speaker 4: Version of a free headshut. I guess well.
Speaker 3: It's there. It's up to you. Man, you want to see Amy one more time, We'll pay.
Speaker 5: If it makes you feel better. Send like the original photo to my friends.
Speaker 1: The group.
Speaker 2: Why him? Why do I not believe you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I mean like, I'll have him with me when I do it. Like I swear, I wasn't trying to make him feel bad. That photo was not for him.
Speaker 1: I just don't let him see the responses from your friends because I have a feeling they're not going to be very nice.
Speaker 3: Well, we still need to hear from Emma. Is it a yes or no regret.
Speaker 4: I'm going to see yes because they have a lot of matches right now on my algorithms.
Speaker 3: So this is true love.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the rock bottom. Jeff So, I.
Speaker 5: Know he did the colunch first date, and I think second date canning Salon, Oh my god, oh.
Speaker 3: Speaking alexis.
Speaker 2: Third date dead office?
Speaker 5: Lucky you.
Speaker 6: Reoking Jeffrey in the morning man.
Speaker 3: You try to show someone their true potential and you get blasted for it.
Speaker 2: Dude, I don't think we went hard enough. I mean, that's so messed up.
Speaker 7: It is messed up, like in the weirdest way, trying to find the light in it.
Speaker 3: She was like, this is what you could be. I want to inspire.
Speaker 1: If a guy said a photo of me to his buddies and where I was skinnier and hotter with bigger boobs, I would be so pitched.
Speaker 3: You know what you say that you're right in. There's no way I've seen pictures of your mom though, Brooks. Yeah, I feel I'm just saying. Amy never told us that she was going to do that, so I think the whole room was absolutely surprised. But I did have some conversations with her and told her that she could do our photos on our website. Oh, because I think we could all improve for sure. So head over to our podcast you might see an updated photo already, with our skin a little bit tanner, teeth, a little bit whiter. Josh, please don't make ash any skinner be a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: It looks like I'm finally doing botox again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go find it subscribe to our podcast, Abrook and Jeffrey