Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of der Day's Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a production of My Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take deep, got an a marriage, share consciousness. It is it clips day, Monday, April eighth.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: I'm Jack, that's Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good to be back on top.
Speaker 2: Good to be back on top, Good to have you back. Man, there's a real touch and go there with Blake. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: It's a real touch and go with that guy.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine because I can't listen to the show with you. It drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lost my bearings. I started one of the episodes in full Joker mode. I couldn't. I couldn't stopped talking like the Joker. I couldn't shake it because you know, right before we record sometimes we'll say in a way we go, and then I took that right into the intro and then Blake encourages it it all.
Speaker 1: Look anyway, you're back where I am an agent of order. I am the Batman of this show. So I'm glad to we're back to set ship right.
Speaker 2: Always need a billionaire how's.
Speaker 1: Your how's your past few days? You are? You are coming to us from a darkened room wearing sunglasses?
Speaker 2: All right, I've gotta tell everybody about this, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am in his darkened room to understand the vibes.
Speaker 2: I look like, what's that Michael Jackson video with Joe Peshi? Is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it? You know what I mean? I kind of or what you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like Joe Peshi in that video, like with the fucked up video, like because okay, so full transparency. I'm in a I'm in a my normally recording area is darkened. I only have my monitors providing light. I've turned the blue light down very harshly. I'm wearing sunglasses because I'm going to Japan for a really good friend of mine's wedding. But I'm only going for like fucking force. It's it's an It's a very small amount of time where the jet lag will may potentially alter my life course because.
Speaker 1: Debilitating case of jet lag.
Speaker 2: I feel like by the time I leave, I'm gonna adjust to being in Tokyo right, and then then I'll be back, and then I'll be time traveling again. So I'm using this app that I've used that was developed by NASA scientists around circadian rhythms. So right now in the morning, I just gotta I just gotta avoid the blue light for a couple hours and then I'll be back to normal. It helps.
Speaker 1: Though I thought this was a clips based I thought you had like eclipse glasses over the cameras.
Speaker 2: I know, I wish I did, but look, I've I've lived in a non path of Oh look at you.
Speaker 1: Just put on my clip class, Wow, you look at you. Those are made of paper, the maids of the paper.
Speaker 2: And and they're great for eclips as well. I'm guessing there they are.
Speaker 1: They got we got the official as ignache.
Speaker 2: I I s O two.
Speaker 1: Three one two dash two. Did send my kids to school with a pair each? And I don't think they're I don't think their school is gonna let them watch them because their school was like the only messaging they sent out was like a, uh, just so you know, like the best way to watch this is like just look at the shadows from it, because we don't want your kids to fucking go blod.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that's that's totally true. Like do the thing that I remember in school we did because we weren't really in the path of totality much when these have happened. Just like using binoculars or something and projecting it on cardboard and you're like, look, the two circles are of overlapped, and you're like, great, can I go home now?
Speaker 1: My school we did. Uh we did just binocular straight at the sun. Publicuy. Yeah, they can't see color, but the color like slowly gradually comes back over the course of the next decade.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and you're and the irises of your eyes have turned a beauty to full gray.
Speaker 1: That's right, completely look like brand Stark warging, right, all right, So this is the episode where we tell you what is trending right now, what was trending over the weekend. First, we check in ourselves with a little underrated overrated? You do you want to kick us off with something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yes, Group zoom calls remember those? Remember those from the start of the lockdowns, And that was kind of like our way of really being like, okay, man, we can't see each other physically, but as group zoom call with all the homies, all the all the friends, family, whatever, you have your different groups. That was our way of kind of connecting to each other in a time that felt very disconnected, and it was nourishing. I'm here to say that they're still very nourishing. Let's not sleep on this. Just because lockdowns are over doesn't mean that we don't have to that weird, there's no to engage in connecting with each other like this. I know people who have like continued this dis like from the since the onset of the lockdowns. And I recently had a nice family zoom call for my father in law's birthday. It turned eighty and it was just nice. Like when we do this pretty frequently because the family's kind of all over the place, and I've done it with friends in the past recently, it's just nice. This is nice, you know, because sometimes it's like a phone call, you feel kind of pressure to like keep a conversation moving without being like, ah, what else, what else? What else? Yeah, Like if everyone's kind of like, hey, if everyone's got like forty minutes or something, let's all just hop on and people could just be doing whatever the fuck they want to do. Chime in, chime out, and there's like a flexibility to how we communicate on a group zoom call that I find much easier than having, like obviously like a conference phone call. And yeah, I don't know, I'm just saying I realize that's something to keep in the old quiver of a social engagement arrows that I fire off into the sun.
Speaker 1: And you do keep. Yeah, you have your list of social engagement arrows that you are are preparing a ted ted talk about.
Speaker 2: I know, and I do appreciate a lot of the notes you gave me as I prepared. You're like, I don't think these make sense sort of metaphorically, and I was like, dude, just shut the fuck up. Man, I'm in too deep. I read the.
Speaker 1: Robin hood of these social engagement arrows.
Speaker 2: And I've paid six thousand dollars for these custom arrows I'm going to fire into the crowd. And then you're like, do they have to be metal tipped like this? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Like what if they had those suction things on them on the end, And you're like, I will ruin the entire fucking metaphor.
Speaker 2: It fucks up the aero dynamism, okay, or dynamics.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's a really good point. I have not kept up with the group zoom calls because I.
Speaker 2: Challenge everybody just do it.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of a worse time. You know. Sure, I'll get like, no, why would we do that when we could like go have dinner with each other, but we don't go ahead with each other.
Speaker 2: I would contend now might be a worse time than even the exactly, so you know, but I think more than that, Like it's I think if you really focus on the the you know, social spiritual nourishment you get from just like having a fucking just having a laugh, having a large no shooting the ship, just bullshitting really quick. It's fun because like not a lot of shit, you know, like because we all have group threads and shit like that, but like their group zoom like you can look at each other and talk shit and be you know, just be yourselves again. So yeah, underrated.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like the other times that I've done group zoom calls is like when there's an agenda, it's like we have to like plan this thing and like we're gonna all meet up like what, And that also give leaves sort of a not a bad taste, but just like not a fun so just like doing it for for a hang is a good exactly exactly, and also happy birthday to your father in law eighty huge, that's huge, great jeans, Paul. Yeah, my underrated is terry cloth robes. So I I just like wasn't really I just didn't wear them very often. I accidentally wore them accident this week since we last spoke, I accidentally wore a terry cloth robe because I uh have a d D. I do this thing where I take a shower forget to put a towel close by. I have to walk across my house just dripping wet.
Speaker 2: What You've never done that, dude. That's my worst fucking nightmare is to walk out of a How do I not because.
Speaker 1: It's loud in there, it's loud, am I Like, I have the thought of like, I better not forget fucking tag, and then I get out of the shower and it's not there, and I'm just like, I'm more the fuck.
Speaker 2: Me, brain, you fucked me. Now I'm running through ass out dripping wet all over the blaze.
Speaker 1: I think speaking sounds yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I think I'm more amazed that I just didn't know this specific, you know, because I love to know everything, all all your idiosyncrasies, all your quirks, but oh, yeah, this one, I didn't know that. You're You're guilty of a bit of a oops. Where's my towel?
Speaker 1: Oops? Anyways, most recent time I did this, uh, my wife had a terry cloth robe nearby and crew that shit on and by the time I got to my towel, like sixty percent of my body was dry. Yeah. Yeah, And I realized i'd like kind of missed the point of these, Like I got that they were made of the same stuff as towels, but I didn't really get the functionality of.
Speaker 2: Ah uh, just I don't know. I feel like it should be a bigger part.
Speaker 1: Of the sales pitch. Like if there was a like sweatsuit that cleaned you while you wore it, like that's all anyone would talk about. It wouldn't be like incidental. It would be like, oh, that's like this, this is.
Speaker 2: What it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this shit cleans you.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, I'm a little bit upset because I remember when I'm not upset. But this was maybe four years ago, around like the beginning of the pandemic. I kept screaming about how good bathrobes were really for this very purpose.
Speaker 1: I just totally forgot it.
Speaker 2: I think maybe because in your mind that's like a dark space the towel and where it should or yeah, but it is. It is the best thing. You just put it on and like your limbs become I always have like these weird blind spots when I use a towel that like always like under like on my the side of my ribs are always wet, like I forget. I'm like I drive my back and my legs and things like that, and then there's always like my sides with the real baby, your arms everything, and you drive very quickly. So it's just good when the weather's cold too. Anyway, So glad, I'm glad you've opened your eyes.
Speaker 1: I love a nice back dry though, doing the uh the like towel across your back like you're shining a bull and ball or something, you know, you do that. Yeah, I like to get fun with it.
Speaker 2: I just put the towel across my back and I just bring it in like I'm like a cheese cloth, like I'm just trying to squeeze all the moisture out of my back. Anyway, Oh okay, little little thing about me. You may not have heard about it.
Speaker 1: That's much less goofy than mine. Mine's very like that's like very the studio space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what the movies and cartoons exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I think I got it from, like a Zestfully Clean commercial in the eighties and have been doing it ever since. Do you remember that Zestfully Clean commercial where like they like pull pull the towel out and like you can it like comes up And I was like, oh, I think you can see that person's ass like when they when they when it pops up. Wait what du you can't?
Speaker 2: But I think what are we and saying there's a shot in a Zest commercial.
Speaker 1: I think it was Zest Yeah, where they like put the towel out behind them and the implications they're naked and it kind of like flies up quickly, and I was like, wait, I just remember have that memory being a piece of media, like I think you saw that guys butt there, like dude, you just that's what we had, you know back then before the internet.
Speaker 2: It was Oh, trust me, I know I remember that. I remember pausing TV a very weird moments or I mean a tape at weird moments to be like, okay, wait I found the moment in question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyways, I'm pitching more functional clothing, like yeah, I think this isn't oh yeah, yeah, you see that. Okay, and there's some towel.
Speaker 2: Control from the actress in this commercial.
Speaker 1: You see you see how hi? Oh yeah, it's intriguing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, I thought you were going to catch at least a quarter yeek or something.
Speaker 1: Right. It comes like right right up to the line.
Speaker 2: Oh, nineteen ninety two, baby, what a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I were eight years old at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in my twenties, so it's a little weird. I was that into it. But more functional clothing like that, Like did you know those hats that have the beer cans on them? You can drink out of those. That's not just a look. You can drink water out of those. It doesn't have to be beer, could be anything, gravy. Ten gallon hats. Those are named for being able to carry ten gallons worth of water before they start leaking. Yeah like that, not ten gallons at a time, ten, I think one gallon ten times and before they get saturated. Fy, So don't try and water your horse with your ten gallon hat and think you can just pay one trip. Okay, guys, don't and don't come for me in the comments, all our cowboy listeners, I know what you know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want cowboy Twitter coming for you again?
Speaker 1: What uh? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Just the like we're just hitting a saturation of like United Airlines is falling apart stories and not I'm not here to defend them, but more like the confirmation bias of the media of like if the word United is in it, just fucking cover it all, like it totally. Like if a fucking wheel falls off a plane, Yeah, I'm I'm down to hear about that. I'd like to know, Like, are also like a lot of things to do, specifically with Boeing, Like on a Southwest flight, like this engine cover almost completely fucking ripped off during takeoff, and they're like, oh, nope, nope, nope, nope, we're not taking Okay, we're breaking, we're breaking, we're not taking off. That kind of stuf perfect great. I need to know those kinds of things, Like I want to understand how the airline industry operates and how little regulation there may or may not be when in regards to our safety. But like today there's this one story just got this bunch of headlines like about a dog that just took a shit on a United Airlines flight. I'm like, okay, fucking bowing dogs, dog shit everywhere, you know what I mean, Like, I've this is, this is, this is I'm no stranger to me, I've I've seen it myself, but like, but it's clearly getting caught up in all this momentum about how like a fucking just scared out of our minds are about being on a Boeing airplane that like just rips apart. So it's just interesting to see how like there's that one or even the story about like the toilet that just like got clogged. It just ended up, the toilet got clogged, Like it wasn't really much else. But it's like it's sort of adding to this environment where we're like, oh my god, the planes they fall apart, the dogs shit on them, that they smell like pooh. When I feel like, really, maybe we can talk a little bit more about how like what Boeing may or may not be doing to try and correct the issue or maybe like shame the regulators that allowed this kind of shit to take place, rather than being like, hey, we need a story. Man, I heard a dog farted in the let's shame.
Speaker 1: Let's shame that guy with the extra girthy shits that clogged toilet.
Speaker 2: Let's shame with the dog for pooping. Bad dog. So it's just funny because like, well because I see the headline like oh fuck, what's going on with Boeing, what's going on with United flight or whatever? And then it's just something to get headlined. So you know, let's let's time and report on the things that are maybe are a little bit meaningful. I think I think we're you know, the technical stuff definitely worth talking. Like another one was about an unruly passenger like a bunch of right, but because it was like United, it got like all this coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like extra like extra credit. In their mind, they're like, yeah, yeah, fucking headline, here we go, more United chaos.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah exactly, because like when I see it again, you're expecting something consequential, something that will fill you with dread when you get when you get on your own United flight later this week. Crad But a dog yeah, put a dog take.
Speaker 1: Lying across the largest body of water in the world, for instance. Let's just say for instance, uh yeah, it is it's a subtle form of clickbait that the media engages them where it's they just you know, the algorithms tell them that putting United in the headline is going to get people to click through. Of course, the reason people are clicking through is because they want more information about how the maker of all of our planes is wildly corrupt and not paying attention and not beholden to any regulators. But that doesn't show up in that Like people will continue to click through because they're mistaken because you're tricking them. But there's know, like, if if the whole media apparatus has run by algorithms, then that's just going to always uh always be there is like yeah, fucking gotcha, right, It's like we heard.
Speaker 2: It's like when you get those ads like we heard you say something about robes and you're like.
Speaker 1: What are gonna be robes for the next week? I mean speaking of the Internet being like haha, fucking gotch you My overrated is just the Internet as a source of information. This is obviously a pretty quaint take at this point. We've known that the Internet is bad for a while. But there's two reasons I'm bringing this up. One, the AP just dropped an article, uh that was like anonymous accounts on social media are like fucking up the you know information that we have at our fingertips. A user on social platform X who uses a pseudonym, a pseudonym they use their full government name, claimed that a government website had revealed skyrocketing rates of voters registering without a photo ID in three states this year, two of them crucial to the presidential election. Extremely concerning. Ex owner Elon Musk replied twice to the Post this past week he had had to reply the same thing twice. Are migrants registering to vote using Social Security numbers? Marjorie Taylor Green said Trump posted his own posted on truth saying, who are all those voters registering with a photo ID in Texas, Pennsylvania, Arizona? What is going on?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's a made up thing by somebody who doesn't have to share their actual identity. We know how the internet works. It's funny that it's like almost funny to me that the AP is treating it like new information. However, I'm going through this process myself with my kids kind of now at the stage where they're learning what the internet is. Like my seven year old when he gets five minutes of screen time will ask to do Chrome. And for him, this means googling drug. Yeah, exactly, Chrome, RoboCop two, No, that's new. Yeah, clone Troopers. He's just he just wants to google Clone Troopers and like think images of Clone Troopers from the Clone Wars. But like he he literally asked me over the weekend and he was like, so, what's the better way to find information? Is it book? Is it TV? Or is it Chrome? And I had to like explain to him that the Internet is like not correct. Well, first I had to explain to him, I've never read a book, so I actually don't know. I hear good things, but obviously TV they can't put anything on TV that's not true.
Speaker 2: No, but I was given that fifties style media literacy. Well if it's on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, just like explaining and I was like, yeah, so the Internet is not correct. Chrome is actually a search engine, and it is sending you to a page that might have paid for like that placement. It's like having them be like wait, really what, Yeah, nobody's checking if this is true.
Speaker 2: You should do that. Man, They're like, all right, we got a zoom out. Actually all right, seo, we should start there. What I just want to know how to draw a storm trooper.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's a couple things that are just putting in sharp relief how drastically, Uh, the tech industry has squandered, Like yeah, and I don't think it's like specific to the tech and I mean it is specific to the tech industry because it is a part of larger like unregulated hyper capitalism, but you know, just absolutely hemorrhaged the promise of the Internet to the point that you just can't trust a single fucking thing you read there. We also like they were doing like how to draw videos, and like my seven year old was like, so, there's this video on the side that has like a really intriguing question that I want the answer to about like why World War two was really not know about why a clone commander's helmet looks like that? And I was like, all right, let's let's click on it together. And it was like five seconds seeming like it was going to answer the question, and then they like did some high pitched like it was like a fucking zoom bomber, you know, And and he was like, why would they do that? It's exactly the internet is a is a bad place for no good reason.
Speaker 2: Just I think just that's a good lesson. Be like, you know what, man, go to the source, you know, for information, like if you want to know, like here, let's see if we can get you an email address for someone at Lucasfilm who might be down to like answer your deep lore question or something who would want to take the time to answer like a young fans thing like Yeah, my dad was I was always just like, now go to the like we're going to the library. Yeah, And I hated that ship to the point where hal's the time I wouldn't even ask a question because I'm Brian going to the fucking library right now. So let's just not I'll just ask at school or so I'll ask a fucking older kid. But yeah, man, I think that's that's probably the skill that like the one the one thing we can teach young people now is like, at the very least, learn what the source of like that who the answer has to come from for it to be believable. Because then if you know that, it'll be much easier be like, why the fuck what am I gonna try this guy with a random YouTube page.
Speaker 1: Ye, they're still at the stage where they think going to the library is like a big treat, So that's that's fun.
Speaker 2: Well, look the library. I grew up going to the Amelia Earhart Library in North Hollywood. It wasn't. It wasn't the most fun library, I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of libraries now way more nice, way more fun. Like this was like one that was clearly built like after the Second World War and hadn't been like updated since I just had that like feeling of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And there are headlines that I've seen, like Drudge Report over the weekend was like war is over? Is the war ending?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh and a lot just a lot of stories about like how Israel seems to be responding to US pressure. Crazy? What wait, the US actually had a had a say have leverage or did.
Speaker 2: They not sure? I mean this is all going back to this report from late last week when apparently Joe Biden called net and Yahoo to discuss just how much you know, he really would like it if maybe and Yahoo knocked it off with all the knocking. Come on, man, am I knocking it off? But people are calling it a quote ultimatum where he said this, according to like the readout from the White House, he told Yahoo quote the overall humanitarian situation is unacceptable and that there was a clear need for quote Israel to announce and implement a series of specific, crete, immeasurable steps to address civilian harm, humanitarian suffering, and the safety of aid workers. Which because we obviously this all came out of the group of the seven people that were killed by like three like an Israelis like struck this convoy three times in succession, Like yeah, one time, maybe you get to say, like, oh, whoops, that was a misfire, but no, they were targeted and seven people died, and like obviously this led to a huge public outcry, and now Biden's like, all right, man, it's getting a little too much from me over here. I can only you know, pretend I'm like stopping you for so long. And it also said that Biden made it clear to nen Yahu quote that US policy with respect to Gaza will be determined by our assessment of Issuel's immediate action on these steps. Other allies also echoed this sentiment, and aid corridors were reopened, although the effectiveness of the aid deliveries that is yet to be seen. There are a lot of reports about how trucks may have gone in, but the aid isn't quite getting to people, so we're not sure what exactly is going on there. So I know that they the White House was sort of saying like, hey, look, we got this thing going on and we'll have to see how this plays out. But like the fact that they were able to open these aid corridors, and Biden did get to a point where he said like, hey, man, like US aid is going to really depend on your response here. It just underlines how much could have been done so much sooner, and you're just you're left with what was like the number like thirty five thousand people need to die, thirty three thousand people need to die before it's like, okay, that's the acceptable amount of just straight up murder that can occur, and then we will draw a line in the sand. And when you look at him right now. They're saying that people in Goza they're surviving under like three hundred calories a day.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's like two of the like Dorito's snack bags that used to get like take with you to lunch. One of those bags is one hundred and fifty calories US. So people are surviving on less than two bags. Just to put it in like gross American terms, two bags of snack sized Doritos is the entire caloric intake for some some people even less. So we will see this is an ongoing story. But again, like this, it just it just rings hollow because if you remember when that whole time, like that ice cream time he had with like Seth Myers, he was like, yeah, man to a ceasefire hopefully for Ramada. That never happened, right, So just yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: Asking me for a second here, Well I get this good photo up in. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one thing that this does seem to coincide with is also more headlines about I guess, additional outreach from the US to like the government of like Cutter and like Saudi Arabia, Egypt or whatever to try and try and move this thing along, But then there's also equal headlines about how the White House is beginning to really see the damage that is happening with the base by just with the like unquestioning of aid and the shipping of arms and things like that, and they're like, oh, yeah, that, I guess this is going to have an effect. So it's I don't know, like, on one hand, like you hope to see something come of this, on the other you can't help but feels just so deeply cynical because how long does it take for something to happen that is actually gonna you know, equate to something that is that is like a tangible pause and the violence and hopefully something that is permanent. But yeah, ongoing he's.
Speaker 1: Giving the ultimatum, Like is he saying, you know, we just approved this like three hundred million dollars worth of like you know arms like that that would be frozen, or like I guess I'm trying to figure out like what the ultimatum action.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I don't know, like what those just implied. Yeah, it just it feels like a bit of yecheank yanking a little bit. But we're still going on a walk. We're still going on a walk. But I'm letting you know you're only so again that's why it's like so difficult to discern what exactly what what is the actual tangible policy here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thank you for putting in terms of the leash that you use to kind of keep me in order when we record in person.
Speaker 2: So that helps see what we do in the privacy of our zoom calls. You say, just stay private, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, back to the eclipse. Marjorie Taylor Green and her boyfriend are really paying a lot of attention to the eclipse. They're they're like, you know, I mean fun. I actually haven't listened to the clip that you've put in here, but I assuming it's just you know, it's a fun science activity you can do with your whole family.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Her boyfriend, Brian Glenn, who he was like one of those like right wing quote unquote reporters. Really he's like a guy with ass eyes who's on TV and just rants about racist stuff. And he's like, yeah, he's a reporter for the right he is gonna, let's just let's just he's he's broadcasting straight from his car, which you know, that's that's are the most serious things are communicated. This is him warning everybody about you get right with God. Something's going on with this eclipse right now. And as of this recording, yeah that.
Speaker 1: Has not seen him before. But yeah, you you have like, what are ass eyes? I pictured them in my mind. This guy's got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are ass eyes which you look at ass eyes. But again, as of this recording, the eclipse has not happened, so we don't know. Maybe this episode doesn't get out because we will be taken away in the rapture. But let's just allow this man to to just give you a uh huh.
Speaker 3: I want you guys to have a fantastic weekend. And here's why this might be the last normal weekend that we have for quite some time. I mean, we've got this solar eclipse on Monday, this very rare solar clips Who knows what can fall out from that will be plus that will be combined with several earthquakes We've already seen a few already. And why not sprinkle in this infestation of locusts that have been adornmant for years and all of a sudden we'll attack mankind. So why not? Oh been throwing Joe Biden trying to get into a war with Iran for whatever reason he wants to do that.
Speaker 2: So on that note, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week or maybe not.
Speaker 2: Wow, dude, this guy is so all over the place.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love that he earthquake. Earthquake did happen. We know about that that hit the East coast, the new was that New York, New Jersey area, right, But.
Speaker 1: It seemed like he was predicting that that's just the tip of the iceberg. Man, Like cool, Oh, yeah, we've already seen the earthquakes starting, and as you know, that's just this. That's gonna be so many more earthquakes to come. Uh well, once you get through that one.
Speaker 2: Oh man, then we got that, we got earthquakes. Uh, then we got that. Then we got well, we got the eclipse coming, very rare eclipse. Really there was one fucking seven years ago, fucking but that also across the United States.
Speaker 1: But when it happens during the Trump administration, it's actually a sign that things are cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And then he said the locusts again, they're fucking cicadas. We go over this a lot. They have like there's apparently there's like two different kinds of cicadas that are coming out, like one was on a thirteen year cycle and another one was on a seventeen and so the math just lined up that they're both coming out this year, and that's a normal occurrence, if you know, if you're living in an area where there are cicadas. But again, they're not locusts, because someone was like, I guess, like locusts are actually more of a type of a grasshopper, and cicadas are more of a cricket. If we're gonna get really in the weeds about this, so no, so he's ranting and raving. Marjorie Taylor Green has NonStop been like, this is bad man, We're this christ I don't know. God is clearly upset with us and we need to repent. And you're like, y'all, this is not the fucking seventeen hundreds, Like we can get away with this shit.
Speaker 1: He could have he could have recorded that video five years ago, like the oh yeah, the cicadas come on a schedule that we all know about. The eclipses happen on a schedule that we've all known about. The US President is always threatening to get into a war with Iran and earthquakes you could. You can find earthquakes happening everywhere all the time, granted not usually in New York City, but he shouldn't care about New York City, right Yeah? No?
Speaker 2: But also, like this is the other thing. If everyone does get right with God, does that mean things like the eclipses will stop happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Will cicadas stop? I mean, do the earthquakes stop too? Those are natch? I don't know. I don't mean to ask too many questions here, God, but I'm just curious what what's the deal here? What am I getting in return for repenting? But yeah, Margie Taylor Green, she's just been she's like defending him, she said. Many have mocked and scoffed at this post and even put community notes. Yeah, because it's fucking misinformation at you know, to use the formal term rather than straight up horseshit said. Jesus talked about this in Luke twelve fifty four fifty six. Yes, eclipses are predictable, and earthquakes happen, and we know when comments are passing by. However, God created all those things and uses them to be signs for those of us who believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I talked about community notes in Luke twelve fifty four fifty six.
Speaker 2: That's wild, yeah, exactly. And it's also interesting too. This couple right there, Marjorie Taylor Green, she like they divorced a couple of years ago, like her and her husband, and then this dude and his like wife divorce, like this is born out of an affair, this this current relationship, and like they denied it even though like all these people in Georgia like saw them together, like out in the open, but like then when they were asked, like, no, I have nothing, I have nothing romantically involved with this woman except for our love for conservatism and the Bible, and then it's like, okay, yeah, we're fucking yep, yep, we are.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a personal trainer, but she moved on from personal trainer to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he as sighs might also be a personal trainer. I mean, but yeah, either way, they are together now and and making our timelines just that much more unbearable as it is.
Speaker 1: So they're just like this is projection of them feeling bad about their guilty, uh a, like outside of Christianity behavior and being like, see, we knew it. He's punishing us.
Speaker 2: I told you, March I told you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, let's take one more break and we'll come back and talk about what The Rock is cooking these days. Smells like shit. We'll be right back, and we're back. So this past weekend, Dwayne the Rock Johnson returned to WWE for the first time in eleven years during the Night one of WrestleMania forty and I think he won his match. I wouldn't really surprised if he came back and just got pinned immediately, but he pinned Cody Rhodes on the mat. Yeah, so big big news. Guys still got it. But most of the headlines concerning The Rock had nothing to do with wrestling, everything to do with an interview he gave to Fox News in which he said he won't endoorse Biden this year like he did in twenty twenty because his goal as The Rock, as America's elected the Rock, is to bring this country together and he wants to keep my politics to myself. And you can tell that he was serious because he was wearing Michael Douglas falling down.
Speaker 2: Glasses, those frames iconic man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like Giant Ones.
Speaker 2: He's going to take a bazooka to a construction site though, like that epic scene and falling down. Yeah, that movie is so fucking weird, but sometimes kind of needed.
Speaker 1: He's wearing glasses for what I have to believe is the first time ever in his entire life, perfectly clear frames.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, these are I call these apology glasses. When people put glasses on sort of out of nowhere, like when you go to court. You see this a lot when people have to go to court. Yeah, like just to get sympathy and you're like, oor you're doing like kind of a mea culpa because you said some fucking weird, unacceptable shit, and then you put your glasses on and be like you wouldn't cancel a man and glasses, would you.
Speaker 1: That's he preemptively was like, I'm gonna say something that's gonna get me canceled, and I'm gonna wear the glasses just so people are used to it.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Dude. He's wearing the protective glasses just preemptively to be like, oh, oh, I could tell just from seeing this. I'm like he's gonna say some dumb shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he did uh. He he's said that America's big problem is cancel culture.
Speaker 2: H yeah, exactly, that's why you're on Fox and Friends saying you're not gonna endorse sto By. We know, we know plane.
Speaker 1: When I asked if he was happy with the state of America, he replied no, And when they asked why, he said, because of cancel culture and woke culture.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So do you know anything about the economy now, anything about things? How are you doing there? Oh? Great, I've never made more money in my entire life. Yeah, I have nine jets.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what you've got to do is, you know, just spend twenty hours a day working out and then create a persona on social media where you pretend like you eat food like the rest of us, but then never actually show yourself eating food.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this in and out?
Speaker 1: Huh, I'm I'm clearly just moving that back behind your head.
Speaker 2: You're doing He's like, I can't eat this crap man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean we kind of knew it at the time. But the the uh, the rock for President shit will go down as one of those like moments of American insanity that almost that is embarrassing. Almost immediately in retrospect.
Speaker 2: Dude, And I don't think he's given up, you know. Oh yeah, this looks like we're getting closer and closer to this guy fucking thinking he can do something other than just raise one eyebrow really good.
Speaker 1: I think that is what we're seeing. I think this is the launch of political the rock. He's like, yeah, weather ballooning his candidacy, his you know, possibility as a serious politician. I just mean the popularity of that idea.
Speaker 2: Because this is not going to go oh yeah, yeah, oh right right. Because there was a point when we there were people We're all like, the rock will save us. The rock. The rock is like the the sort of chaotic or the positive neutral, the neutral good that we need.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, what was it? Was him and who's the other celebrity people were like they should run for president together and then we'd be saved.
Speaker 2: Like Oprah or something like Dolly Parton Ted Lasso. I mean, Dolly Parton has has a little bit more going on for her, I'd say, but she's smart enough to be like, I don't want anything to fucking do with politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, yeah, I feel like maybe he thought he could kind of both sides this one and be like, yeah, you know it's cancel culture woke culture, because like these are the people that he spends most of his time around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vince McMahon, Yeah yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ran this by my political consultant, Vince Vince. He thought it was a good idea. But like, if you think about who is in the Rocks mentions like this, this reminds me of Elon Musk, right that like the only person, like if you if you're actually paying attention to your social media followers, like you're going to if you're The Rock or Elon Musk, you're gonna think that like this is what everybody believes, that cancel culture and woke culture is like a major problem for this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, poor guy, he's got to You got to hear the cries of the can guy. I go to bed every night with the cries of the canceled echoing through my big fucking head. Oh man. And that's when I knew I got a message from God that I too need to throw my hat into egomania twenty twenty four. I'm also running for president, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh. And finally, we have a new record for a comic book selling for six million dollars to some anonymous rich asshole. Action Comics number one, featuring the first appearance of Superman, just sold for six million dollars. This beats the past record, which was the same the same issue, which sold for five point three and twenty twenty two. But this one is like rated at an eight point five I think, which is like the highest, like the highest conceivable quality for something those printed in like the nineteen thirties, I think.
Speaker 2: Amy next to Trump's copy of mine Comf, which is any better condition than very first printing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that one actually combines like it's an old printing, but it also has the thing that we were talking about last week, where like celebrities, you know, junk becomes famous because there is like shit on it from them, because Trump like jacked off all over his Minecomf copy, and so it's got you know that going forward as well. But this, uh so a copy of Action Comics those graded point five, so like, I can't imagine what that looks like. Must be like they like found it in the bottom of a tackle box or something, and it's just like covering like fish guts and you know, tattered sold for four hundred and eight thousand dollars last September. So, I you know, this isn't that interesting to me. I just like know that as valuable comic, the Superman Action Comics number one, But I'd never really thought about what's inside, like what's in the comic?
Speaker 2: And yeah, you just think of the cover, You're like, yeah, you just think of him.
Speaker 1: Holding up the car, right, right, So the actual comic itself involves Superman, not like matching wits with Lex Luthor or you know, battling a super villain, but rather just like going over and beating the shit out of a domestic abuser.
Speaker 2: Shit, all right, Superman.
Speaker 1: He just goes shows up at this house, says, hold it, and a.
Speaker 2: Guy this guy's like a belt about to hit his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a he has a belt over his head. He's about to his wife. And the guy says, what do you want? Like not not a commenting on the fact that this person is like wearing tights and just bursting through his door in a cape and this is the first time anyone's ever seen Superman. He's just really nonchalant about it. His next line, what do you want? Don't get tough? As Superman lifts him off his feet and throws him like into a wall and tells him you're not fighting a woman now, So whoa tough is? He also has this sick burn. Tough is putting it mildly the treatment you're going to get. So the Superman was like kind of slick with it right away, you know, don't get tough. Tough is putting it mildly. The treatment you're going to get.
Speaker 2: You're going to get sunny, okay.
Speaker 1: But there's also so it's not just a Superman comic, it's an anthology of like a bunch of different comics. So you're also paying six million dollars for an early edition of Sticky Mitt Stimson, which is a guy with a humongous ass who also happens to tiny head. Humongous ass my type.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody in this town is kind of everybody's kind of Yeah.
Speaker 1: People are weirdly proportioned. So he cut He's like behind a wall stealing fruit from a a grosser who has just enormous swollen forearms, like just popeye forearms, but like also like almost more looks like a baby like baby forearms.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, no, they're one. It's like it has like the like sort of lines like when like Toddler, like where you just get that line on your wrist like little babies. Yeah, yes, you got baby.
Speaker 1: So chubby that you got the baby fat. Uh wrist line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like you were in a fishing line bracelet.
Speaker 1: This guy's just looking at the sky saying airplane. So a little stepped back to like when airplanes used to be cool. Or maybe it's a reference to the Superman comic before. Maybe this is uh implying that this takes place in the same universe as Superman, and you know, just a town where everybody looks really looks like babies. And then the sticky Mitt Stimpson's mits are not as sticky as they should be because he drops one of the pieces of fruit and then the giant baby man chases after him and says, thief police. Uh so you know you're you're getting your money's worth with the that's wild. But that's in the six in the six million dollar comic.
Speaker 2: You get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Sticky Mitt Stimpson, what a name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, Uh well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will Hockyael tomorrow. Bye. I ain't