Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest Tits flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's Greatest.
Speaker 2: Tits, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Brooks. Big Love Burgess was in the school play called Twelve Angry Jurors. Now this this was a movie, I think from the fifties. This was it was based on this play and whatever. The bottom line is. You come in and you see these jurors that are deliberating over this case they just heard, and then they all have different personalities and all that. And you're watching a jury as if you're you know, part of it, like you've been brought into that room and so you know, they do the whole thing with They have a guy address as a policeman who's doing the metal detector on you and all this you coming, it's really co set up. Well, Big Love had told me, Dad, now you need to be aware of this. I said, Okay. He goes, I will be playing a racist. And I'm like, what that's like, old buddy, come on man like that and he goes, yeah, my guy's my guy's not very good. And I said, okay, well well, and I'm like, well that's going to be He's henna. Just understand there's a guy in there that's you know, obviously you know, doesn't care. He's ready, he's gonna give a speech and all this. And I said, okay, well that's fine. And so you think, well, oh, but I found myself in the moment of like explaining to people like they didn't know, well, you know this is that we just acted. I'll tell you, this guy he's pretending to be who he's really not is really something we don't like. This guy he's pretending to be. Sell you one thing.
Speaker 4: It's like being cast as judas.
Speaker 3: You want to be really clear about this, this acting that's going on, pretending, pretending, you know, cause I mean you and act. You know, when things are happening and everybody knows that their kids are in the play too, nobody nobody thinks this. But you know, this is just such a guy that's your thing now in such a time, man, you know, you're just like, oh wow, hey, oh my goodness, you know what I mean, Well, goodness, boy, didn't you do that? Well? I mean, you know, you start thinking, don't, don't, don't. I wish I've never pulled for my kid to do a poor job back. Yeah, you know what I mean. He's just not believable in this room. You know, his hair is ain't fixed like I think changed Way's hair, you know, exactly. Well, one of the things because he was doing part of this of him being in this play, was the guy that he was that he was pretending to be, also was supposed to be during the time of deliberation struggling with a cold and being sick too. So that was one of those points I found myself so goofy. I was like, are you sick? He's like that the guy is supposed to be sick. And I'm like, oh, I thought that you're gonna have to push through this sneezing and getting this blowing your nose and coughing. He's like, Dad, I'm supposed to do that. That's the guy sick.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe if he's coughing, you won't hear his racist.
Speaker 3: From a row. But you know I'm talking. But you know I'm talking about during during this time of everybody being sick. I mean, that's the whole whole wide world, you know, it's sick. Yeah, and all of that. So, my goodness, he's sick. Yeah, that was it was, you know in Yeah, it's kind of it's kind of weird after, you know, after it's over. Hey, dad, do you enjoy a play I did? And what a great racist you pretended to be? You know what I mean? I mean, you know, I don't. I don't you know what do you say? I mean, it's just like, hey, man, you.
Speaker 4: Really Oh you played that racism perfect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well tell you what a lot of shouting there. You know, you're not a very likable guy. And he said, well, I'm not supposed to be. You're you're supposed to see that. I'm supposed to like me. Yeah, I'm the villain dead, Okay, you being Darth Vader maybe would have been more fun, you know. I mean, it's just so I was not familiar. I mean, I've heard this title before, but I understand that actually did the movie of it in the fifties, and so yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Out of the loop.
Speaker 3: Yeah i'd heard that title before, and but I didn't know there was a movie. So I'm gonna go watch some movie that said the movie is really good.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't get out and see a movie this weekend. What'd you say, Jamonji, Yeah, it's fun Yeah, you know, I didn't see the first one. Uh that was Robin Williams.
Speaker 3: Try it wasn't It wasn't anything like this one. Yeah, and they were in the house.
Speaker 4: This one was pretty interesting. I mean it was I guess I went in with semi low expectations, but I really enjoyed It's funny.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the way I saw We saw it over Christmas, and I was like, this is gonna be the goofiest, dumbest, stupidest thing. But hey, we'll all go out and you know, we go go see a movie together. And I think because of that attitude, I actually enjoyed it. I think it's kind of been reaction from a lot of audience. Yeah, and you got it good. I thought it was good.
Speaker 4: I mean i'd probably give it those of three slots at least a.
Speaker 3: Good two and a half. It was entertaining, funny. Yeahah yeah.
Speaker 4: They built the plot up real well relatively low yuck factor, Yeah pretty low.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The bottom of the hour will be back more Ricking Bubba coming up right after this one.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: All right, Bubba, it's almost like you have to watch and I don't think it falls under. Can't have nothing to mojo. But I did ask you about your truck just just this last week toward the end of the week, and I was like, hey, I said, tell me about your truck. Yes, truck you've been having and well, you know, I get out.
Speaker 4: And have to drive it every now and then. I'm like the batteries, George. Yeah, you know, we're Hendricks drivers, and I'm glad to be. I love the uh uh you know the Gladiator that I'm in, the Rubicon Gladiator. It's an awesome vehicle. I'm a rat and yeah, I know we I mean it's a Hendrix pen down there. You know that we all parked together. But uh, I have a I have an old F three fifty four that I've had Rick since I moved to Birmingham Classic. It's a two. It's either two thousand and two thousand and one model, and that's that's right when we moved here by we moved here in ninety nine, eighty nine, ninety nine right in there, so uh yeah, I mean it was it was our family van when the kids were little because it was big and it had all kinds of room, and you know, it was safe, you know, built like a tank. And uh so, and it has three hundred and fifty four thousand miles on it, which means I have been to the Moon. I have orbited the Moon, and I'm headed back toward mother Earth. So it's it's been a it's been a long way out there. And but for a diesel, it's it's still you know, three hundred thousand, it's kind of the one hundred thousand miles of a normal car. So I don't drive it as much as I used to. And it sits around, and it had got dirty and you know how the outs you can't put it all inside. It's too big. We call it the Beast. And uh so, I had it cleaned up and I was gonna get it kind of ready to go again. And you know, we swap our Hendrix cars around, so there's sometimes there's time I have to drive it for a day or two or whatever. In uh hunting season, I want to have it ready to go, you know, for the heavy lift capability. So had it cleaned up, getting some things done on it, and I went and uh I was having the oil changed and they said, hey, these tires, you probably need to give them a look.
Speaker 3: Oh, And I said.
Speaker 4: Well, what you mean, They've got a lot of tread on them. They look fine. He said, you're your's in the back. And I think I have the date tron when I told you the other day it was nine years old in the back, seven years in the front. But they still had tread on them. So I figured, heck, you just drive them to the you know, out of But the guy told me, he said, he said, you probably need to change these, and I said, okay, Well, I was having some blinker problems, so we're getting some new blinker lights put in. Had to get new sockets, you know, and all this. So we're we're changing over to some LED lights, you know, updating it, just keeping it, you know, so we keep it in the road for a few more years. And so I drove it to hunting camp this weekend and uh uh we had a great weekend and we were coming back and uh I'd got probably within about fifteen miles to the to our house and I noticed it shaking kind of back, and I thought, well, we must I must have lost the weight off the back of the well, these tires or something. And then I thought, boy, I hope these tires are not you know, you know, the belts will start shifting in them sometimes and throwing it out of balance. So I was already close enough to home, and I'd got in enough traffic that I couldn't go very fast anyway. So I figured, well, I'll just creep on home here, you know, twenty five thirty miles an hour, and I'll get home and see what's up. So I got home, and I got out, and I went and looked at my back tire on the driver's side and Rick, there's metal sticking out everywhere. Part of the tire is gone. Oh wow, I mean it has come completely apart. It's still it's still blown up, but it's come I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just me, what's happened. Once again we've impacted each other in the negative way.
Speaker 4: So I thought, well, I'll probably just I'll just have to go get a new tires.
Speaker 3: It's due.
Speaker 4: But I was afraid to drive it in that condition. YE mean, yeah, I mean I got metal stick, you know. So I called a friend of mine and I said, hey, you come over here and let me change its tire gets spare tire out because I tried to get spare tire out one time before and there was something something weird about I can't remember what happened. So he come over and he said, this spare tire's got to have a special tool or something. I couldn't find it. So so I was gonna get up in the bed of the truck and find my my tool for it, because I thought it was in the toolbox. And I was up in the bed of that truck and rick that tire blew out. I felt like I was in a I felt like I was in the movie Shallow How you know when the girl cap sitting in the seats and breaking. I broke the tire. I blew a tire. Your weight blew the tire. It went off like a gun. I bet you truck you know, fell over on one side about threw me out of the bay. It was like a ship, you know with the waves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy, And.
Speaker 4: Uh, I thought, well, Betty's not gonna believe this. She got a hard laugh when I told her I blew the tire out because I got in the bed of the truck. She said, you've carried all kinds of stuff in it. But you blew the tier.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 4: It was sitting there till I got in the that in the truck, in the bed of the truck, and it went off like a bomb.
Speaker 3: Bubba and af Fairness, if you've got a tire that's hanging on, you can't put a boat in the back.
Speaker 4: I had a good idea, so that started. Goodness, we got to order new tars. Of course, we got to take this tar off. We have to get it to the tire shop to put a new tar on this so I can drive what hopefully is the tires still on the truck to the shop to get those two Why.
Speaker 3: You may drop right, we refer to this greg is to wake up call. Yeah, all the time I blew the tire out of my truck, I thought I was doing pretty good, and then I blew a tire. I don't want my share wait in the back of a truck that.
Speaker 6: He did that? Heartstead do it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what right the heart today? I blew.
Speaker 3: I mean, every man's gonna a stend or two before you get to affords in the back.
Speaker 4: So after a series of handoffs and pickups and all that, the truck is now at the shop being completely repaired.
Speaker 3: How long shape to get the tire bring?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well it's still at the shop. It ain't over yet.
Speaker 3: Well you're not even done with that yet. No, you just go ahead and get some good, shining new casings on that. Let me, do you wish to day that you in there keeping around with yelds? Do you wish that day you would have said, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was keeping around with it. And this is what I thought, Rick, I'm gonna get one more trip to the forum. I'm gonna come back. We're gonna have get back here. We've got time.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get the lights fixed. And while they're doing that, we're gonna put new tires. That's right, at least on the back and rotate the front ones to the back because I only got seven years on them.
Speaker 3: I want you to you said, I need to get that done.
Speaker 4: Did y'all know tires like will blow up after five years?
Speaker 5: You know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? On there longer than you might remember me letting the van sit out there for a while, and I started driving it and if tires just start shooting off left. That was a trailer one time sit there forever, if they sit there, they'll get dry, right.
Speaker 4: The one never changed trailer tires do, y'all?
Speaker 3: And I always blow out.
Speaker 4: I think I get rid of the trailer when tires look bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you go back though, just back to before our personalities were corrupted by each other, when they were pure, and you had to sit in there by each other, who is the one more likely for somebody said, hey, while we're working these lives, we notice you need to change these tires. That which one of us is in the pure sense before we were corrupting? They would go, do you think.
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: I was the one would keep a notebook and tell you when the tires would have been Rick has corrupted me to kind of do everything half.
Speaker 3: A you know, as if my voice was.
Speaker 4: He would not have.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I said, wherever you are sorry.
Speaker 4: That question about danger the tires and they would have been changed with my grass cutting money.
Speaker 3: And then now I'm burgess.
Speaker 4: One more trump.
Speaker 9: Bubba ricking bubba to the food to the hare to the food we go to the food, we go marking, marking up mark Illinois does does have a food question.
Speaker 4: Waiting on that one did it up right there?
Speaker 3: And the stories he can tell Louis Louis, All right, let's go to Marl's made it Mark and Illinois Mark, go ahead. Good morning, guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, I know you guys are a few food purists. Oh you don't like messing.
Speaker 3: With certain things? We sure don't.
Speaker 5: I got tired of just individually spooning out peanut butter on my bananas. Oh boy, so I like to melt the peanut butter and just like a cup and then just dip peanut.
Speaker 3: Something about that?
Speaker 4: What are you dipping in it? A banana?
Speaker 5: I'll just cut it or just break it in half and dip it. And I just didn't know what you got.
Speaker 3: Well, here's my question, Mark, and I know what everybody's thinking. Does it hold together pretty good? Does it break off in there?
Speaker 5: Well, you have to be careful. It's while you have to cut it in half or break it half.
Speaker 3: I've never seen melted peanut butter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how long does it stay? How long does it stay liquid like that? For it hard to back up?
Speaker 3: Oh it don't. It doesn't last very long. So you got you gotta quick.
Speaker 6: My goodness, guys, about bananas a peanut butter for those of you just joined it.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you this is not a baby prediction. Let me let me, let me say you need to go and let me say this. Let me and I can. I tell y'all, I tell you was down here, good, what a great day? I understood me.
Speaker 4: I got something in my one second.
Speaker 3: But anyway, uh, I mean, let me throw this at y'all that i've been I've been doing. If you you might love eedgoes, Oh yeah, absolutely, Get you an eggo? Okay, get it good and crisp. Put peanut butter on top of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and red like fantastic, and mixing syrup in it too, fantastic. We're peanut butter right now. We normally put syrup. What about I'm talking about mixed those two together?
Speaker 4: Wait, what about you get serve?
Speaker 6: You get hands.
Speaker 3: The way they're designed, Those little pools on there, lickup right on. Serve on pancake.
Speaker 6: Yes tomorrow, dra Blands coming you all to put some barbecue sauce on.
Speaker 3: Try it with a barbecue. Let me throw something at you at your French rust.
Speaker 4: Let me drag ketch up, drag it through the ketch up, eat it with every botty hamburger.
Speaker 3: I'm just taking bring it, Greg, hold on, this is what I'm thinking about these no trips, Jesus Rick Rick.
Speaker 6: Last night, you ain't gonna believe this. Had some loops, had some fruit loops.
Speaker 3: Put some milk in it.
Speaker 7: Milk.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: The other day I was living, I was in zaney Town and I made some my nogs with chilli on. Chimed in with it. I was saying, and peanut butter, not just peanut butter. Here's a trick. Put a little butter denser. So good, Rick, you had hot biscuits of it. You know what I like?
Speaker 4: You know what I like to do with syrup. Take the top off, Just take a pop out there on the edge.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 4: Listen to good stuff. Listening to with Frosty blaring in the back.
Speaker 1: I noticed something weird about bananas. Going back to that, I'll tell you. I'll take a banana.
Speaker 3: You ever peel one, and.
Speaker 1: I like a banana by itself, But banana and other things I don't like.
Speaker 3: What's up with that? Yeah? I told you to leave. Trying to get it back. You're about pal city and your stomach. Listen, Listen to listen, listen listen to Bubba. Bubba's giving such great advice, and you're just down the ball. Yes time, just run the clock out, golf in the woods and ball your eyes up.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 4: You tell him you want to have a stomach at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm tell I can't do nothing about it because I can't get my mind right that we got a high school game tonight on the Thursday. Shouldn't be just a playoff. Weird, can't get my mind right about it. Rick, your day is not what you think it is on Thursday. And here's what you're gonna battle.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got the tomorrow off because that's when we're observing veteran. Yes, it doesn't and you don't, So you're gonna battle. Nobody's gonna pull around out the.
Speaker 4: Run late.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you know. One of the things I enjoy about high school football is not having to work next time.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's good.
Speaker 3: I get to get kind of taken in, hang around, talk about the game.
Speaker 1: You're close to the open and have a stomach all.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey guys, thank y'all for being with us.
Speaker 4: You speedy like they're on an airplane and they can't get to the back.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something else Speedy taught me. If you have a feature with just cheese on it, a little pepper on it.
Speaker 10: In the middle of god speed doing the workout, and it hits you, I don't want to snatch.
Speaker 4: It during the pay.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: So Speedy you said, you're you're you're coming up with an idea of a new ricking Bubba contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, sometimes you're made fun of around here, then sometimes it sticks when you know we have ideas. Some of them crash and burn, and some really take off the most crashing burn they do, which really is good because you're made fun of, which is y'all show. I like to play a new game. Can you guess what Greg is saying?
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the theme song or what, but right, so it's gonna be a short term own game.
Speaker 6: This is based off the way his voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Can you guess what Greg is saying? And I don't know if it's back a little bit now he something, and I don't know if it's.
Speaker 4: Going to our guess this is our Louis Armstrong.
Speaker 3: Sing. It's so wonderful. I'm just gonna be silent.
Speaker 1: Eight six six we be big whatever, Greg says, can you guess? I don't know, but you sound terrible. Rick He went withything on what you say?
Speaker 3: Keep it right here? I think I'm okay.
Speaker 6: Here, guy, I thank you.
Speaker 3: Ricky went out with his buddy Kate yes today fishing. It's a lot.
Speaker 6: Oh, we need to do that story.
Speaker 3: He came in.
Speaker 1: He came in with the garbage can, garbage can in the back of his truck and mad about his phone.
Speaker 3: Two things, and he couldn't tell he can't do with the red eye. Got tell you what happened?
Speaker 4: I can't Aalisa men Huf So you you and for everybody not in the loop on this. You went fishing yesterday with childhood and high school friend and sometimes appearing on the show Gerald.
Speaker 3: Casa Man Huff And I got wet getting the boat in, and I had my phone in my pocket and I forgot that we got your voice. Some messed up. No, I was the palling probably out there. What did you get?
Speaker 11: I got pretty wet, not too wet. I had these long short.
Speaker 6: So pretty wet, not too wet, which one.
Speaker 3: I didn't like? Get donk, I just stepped there, you know me? I gotta get it done. I stepped out there and yanked the boat off the trailer. Was that water, coal man, Wasn't that blood?
Speaker 5: Nip?
Speaker 3: Nip? But so your phone was in your cargo pocket right and then under you thought the water was more shallow. I thought, what was that? I thought I left my phone in the truck. I went paying eighty six.
Speaker 6: I don't carefully playing gabor.
Speaker 3: Then my trash can in my truck down there because the lid's going on it. I saw a trash can in the back of truck. What's that about? Well, if you if you call, it's gonna be like ten days. But I go buy it. On my way home. I go by the place my home.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna I'm gonna stop swamping out.
Speaker 3: So never mind.
Speaker 4: So you got wet and getting the boat in the water, and then you got on the boat and win.
Speaker 3: I guess it was cool afternoon.
Speaker 11: No, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: And then your garbage can fell out of the boat.
Speaker 3: The whole lid winter and you have no phone, no voice in the trash canning back in the truck with no lid that you drove an hour and a half with here in the back of the truck. The wind. I thought, well, I got it facing the right way. Yeah, I tested it. And what then, what are you gonna do with this trash can? I'm gonna get me another one from the place they getting plus Yeah, they get sold out every month on advance or whoever it is. Yeah, I noticed my waistman. Name will change in a second. But it's right on my way home. This pull. I've done it before.
Speaker 11: I just pull up in there and go, I need a can, Go get you one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes you a long time getting your can.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what you're going in with that voice today, I am Somebody said somebody to write it down.
Speaker 3: Somebody said somebody said Trump was going to negotiate him. Better do Rick. He was mad about his phone. He tried to rise that everything. I had to go and get another, and seeing I gotta be home in time to meet ups, because God forbid, they leave it. They say you gotta sign fregre guy. We just had a guy on from Brown he could have get it took care of. But why have you gotta sign for it?
Speaker 11: If I put it out there, if mister buddy gets it, that's on me.
Speaker 4: Well, well, they don't want that the person sending it till you decides if you signed.
Speaker 3: I know, but they want the one to be sure the customer gets her phone.
Speaker 6: I wish you would have jumped over in the iPhone world and not went back to that buddy.
Speaker 3: It was an insurance claim. Buy me, you gotta get the same thing. I'm not. I didn't have my upgrade, wouldn't.
Speaker 6: But what we're saying is that we think you probably could have got it as maybe even just a little more.
Speaker 3: No, it's been a lot more. You don't know that it's not up the phone. They hammering you.
Speaker 4: Let's start to go find page to get get to don't work the world?
Speaker 3: Go funding me? What if I don't want my phone.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. We're gonna funded anyway.
Speaker 3: I sing you looking at ours? You wan't want you do? I know how this one works, and I'm fine.
Speaker 4: With let me something working fine.
Speaker 1: Brig ask him about his contact underwater. I came from asking about his contacts. They got one, they claim, will do what I know? I saw that what about I may get it?
Speaker 3: We're talking about?
Speaker 1: What about about what's on your phone that you're gonna lose and you don't care about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they kept sending me that cloud mess and I never paid it no attention.
Speaker 4: So you showed you didn't. You didn't back up your phone to the cloud.
Speaker 3: Sona start over? What contacts? That's it?
Speaker 4: I don't have any, but now you got to top them all in again. People call me, I had them, ain't got before.
Speaker 3: What about your pictures? I didn't have no pictures here it mattered. What was that?
Speaker 11: I had a couple of deer pictures. I'd like that back you.
Speaker 4: If you just sign up for the cloud, it'll do it automatic.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. Fels like you're trying to get me.
Speaker 4: You know what it's like.
Speaker 3: You know who he is.
Speaker 4: He's pop all his money under Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Ever since I watched Snowden, y'all go ahead and turn your stuff in.
Speaker 1: So I act like you're going into the garbage camp place now and ask for the ask for the new camp.
Speaker 3: I know she's just the one lady at this day. Okay, she may know me. I've been in there so much.
Speaker 11: H huh, I've had a lot of can problem.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, hey, look the lid's office back here. I need to get me another one.
Speaker 6: So do you take it in with you or do you leave it the truck?
Speaker 3: And now I take it in? You have to wiel the No, there's now, yeah, there's you don't go in the building. There's a whole gate full of them. They're everywhere.
Speaker 1: She's gonna say, she's gonna say, excuse me, sir, No, she's going you back again.
Speaker 3: You really haven't. I can't understand what you're saying when you say something. Are you allergy to play?
Speaker 12: This?
Speaker 3: Attack? The other one?
Speaker 11: The can busted this one, the lid fell off.
Speaker 3: You got the lid with you too, And I went in the back of the big truck when they did the storm get it? No, they dumped it and went off. I originally broke it, the ruffling it out of the back of the truck, letting the land on the ground.
Speaker 4: You broke it when you got a new one already?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did you break it? You got held, but.
Speaker 11: One side was still holding to yesterday?
Speaker 3: Did you come off back truck a little hot?
Speaker 4: I know Greg has a problem houling, so does he'll break something? I heard I heard the replay the best of the sofa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you know what it is. He just about when he's got a fish, he cuts one little corner rights. It's a miracle that can didn't fly out on twenty of this. Yeah, when I saw it, I thought, how did you get that all the way here? I was tied down or anything. Yeah, you lay it on his side and turned them open end back. You good. How about this your land?
Speaker 4: I actually push it, keep it down.
Speaker 3: You catch fish? No, the fish weren't butting a few little ones.
Speaker 8: I know what.
Speaker 3: He thought he could have so much yesterday.
Speaker 4: To Gerald, that's why.
Speaker 1: He thought he could have a good afternoon with his buddy fishing. That's what he thought. That he realized he couldn't.
Speaker 3: What's happening his and his nephew and my my sixteen year old. Anytime he goes to do something with a group, his voice is gone, and he says, I think there's something wrong my voice. I said, no, anybody who shouts and haulers, you know, for three and four hours, will have a voice this week. And him and Case got the cutting up yesterday, right, probably hollering the people up on the bank, that's true, we'll be back. We'll take your phone calls at eight six six.
Speaker 10: We can go.
Speaker 3: We be big. More of the ricking Bubba show coming up, Hanging.
Speaker 2: Ever, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: And Adler and his wife traveling the country and has show enough good RV so far, the trip has been very memorable. They've slept overnight in the Walmart parking lot.
Speaker 4: And that's seeing America, Rick, that's seeing in America.
Speaker 3: Now they've gone to out their traveling. They've stopped at the first RV park and they've been asked, you need a fifteen or a thirty amp? You need a thirty amp. And you when we went to break you were going to attempt to flush the tanks for the first time.
Speaker 12: Yes, So, in fact, coming into this stretch, we almost ran out of gas. The light turned on. It's like this dial had like ten little slots, and it's like the last three went three times as fast as the rest of the whole slots.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I didn't. I wasn't used to it.
Speaker 12: We're out in the middle of nowhere and the light comes on and I'm seeing exits in like twenty miles and the light is on. Guys, I'm just like, I'm acting calm. I'm acting calm, but I was not calm on the inside. I was acting calm.
Speaker 6: You just know how I am.
Speaker 12: I'm cool, calm and collected. The outside no one can tell you. So rolling in this was like ute spring, Colorado. We finally made it and we pull into the gas station. I get the gas put it in and I'm like, oh, whew, that's close.
Speaker 3: That was close.
Speaker 12: And I looked to the side and there's this grate on the side of the RV where like the propane refrigerator vents out, and the great is just gone. It's it's just it's just gone. It's gone, gone, like it's not there anymore. Gone, nothing hanging, just gone. I can look in and see the back of the refrigerator and the wires and stuff. I'm like, all right, so that's gone. That's just gone.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 12: So for the strip that will be gone. I get in the car. I said to Aaron, Hey, you know the great for the fridge, it's gone. She goes, it's gone. I go, yeah, it's just gone.
Speaker 3: So we get.
Speaker 12: I Just what I did is I took like some duct tape and just taped it over. So we said duct tape on the side of the van.
Speaker 3: For the craig.
Speaker 12: I made like a mesh duck tape mesh to it, and I'm kind of handy, kind of a handy guy with duct tape that deposit. Get into the r V park. I will not be seen. I will not be just seeing tape. But guys, I gotta say, Okay. So back to Candice, who showed us the thing. She was very sweet, very nice. This is Craig's wife who rented the r V to us.
Speaker 3: She was great.
Speaker 12: She was really sweet, really nice. But she was the last person to touch that that refrigerator great. I never touched I don't think she lashed it back.
Speaker 8: She was.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: I never touched the great. Guys, it was just gone. I never touched.
Speaker 4: So he just flew off sometimes.
Speaker 12: Sometimes at some point on.
Speaker 3: The yeah, just kept going right, get up, past down.
Speaker 10: I was crooked, little crooked man whose kids. So we get to this RV.
Speaker 3: She's got a beard.
Speaker 12: We get this RV park super late nights. Plugging the electrical. I plug in uh, the thirty amp electrical straight into the thig.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 12: We got our heat, we got everything. We sleep awesome, much better than in the Walmart parking lot. It slept good. I woke up and I needed to empty the tanks because we had been using you know, the shower and the sink and the bathroom. So you've got a great.
Speaker 3: Oh a bow.
Speaker 12: I thought you were saying you have too many.
Speaker 3: I'm not using guys.
Speaker 12: Uh, there there's a bathroom in the van, and I used it, okay. In fact, y'all, it was so i'd be driving, I'd be driving along and I would just pull off. It didn't matter the exit, just as long as it had an off ramp and an on ramp. I would pull off on the side of the road, use the bathroom, wash my hands, jump right back in the driver's seat, and just go. It was incredible tank. Now I got it empty the tank. So I lift up this, I lift up the lid, and I noticed. I thought it was really weird that our black tank really wasn't like the gauge wasn't going up really that much. Like it was staying on empty pretty much, the black tank. But we were but I was using it. And I lift up the side compartment thing, and I hate to throw Candace under the r V again, but she showed us the valves.
Speaker 3: She didn't push it.
Speaker 8: Oh, she didn't push it back in all the way. So, my god, not only did you throw a grate on the car, I'd.
Speaker 12: Rather have the grate than I had that.
Speaker 4: I mean, all over the country, one into the other, I seen dark, helpful blue eyes.
Speaker 12: This was a sloughter rate crime. This was a slow leak, but it was a leak. Guys, And y'all.
Speaker 4: Don't I think he's broken the law in twenty eight.
Speaker 3: They don't like that you are.
Speaker 12: You're rolling hazard at the Walmart parking lot. I thought it was just condensation from the air condition. I was like, man, that ain't c puts it out.
Speaker 6: But it was.
Speaker 4: Trucks from that part.
Speaker 3: We need a thirty out.
Speaker 13: So uh, don't you know those other truckers, like the guys, you're getting this on your windshield. Some kids spraying.
Speaker 3: So there's these some bed kids spraying.
Speaker 12: So there's these blue tabs that you can you can flush. You can flush these blue tabs. And I will say, never once, even when I had that that mess to clean up, never once did I have a smell. I'm like, I'm like up to my elbows in it, and it really didn't even smell bad. It was just I knew what it was. It was this blue blue liquid that I knew what it was. So I learned that I need to wear two pairs of gloves because when one pair of gloves rips and then it goes in your hand and it gets all up in your wedding ring, you're gonna lose your mind.
Speaker 3: You're gonna You're gonna lose.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not a germs guy, like I struggle with germs. If my hands don't feel clean all the time, I've struggled.
Speaker 3: Well, you must have struggled dealing with that. So back at Walmart, you know what they said, this Walmart's curse. We got a woman died in the bathrooms as much crapping. They're afraid to go to the bathroom because they killed somebody.
Speaker 12: That first that first flush was brutal. It took about thirty minutes, and it was thirty minutes of of like why am I doing this? But I had to flush it a couple more times and it was quick and easy. I got it down to four minutes. No must, no fluss. You gotta have your gloves in the right place, you gotta have your alcohol hand stuff already to roll. But that first time was a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Tell you one time you really did what the black thing was full one time.
Speaker 12: One time. All after that it was no problem. That first time around, I had to take like a hose and like spray it out in there and stuff. It was bad.
Speaker 3: I can't behind.
Speaker 12: Why wasn't it Why isn't it filling up?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's keep a rolling, get somebody freeze pocket space west bounding down. So that was that was crazy. Uh, well we got to come back and you can tell us the highlights of places you liked the most.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that was the bad and now onto the good.
Speaker 4: Well we'll follow them.
Speaker 12: Although there was still some bad.
Speaker 3: Dude, I got a couple of other things good.
Speaker 12: But nothing that bad, like dropping across the country.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 6: Guys. Sorry America.
Speaker 3: By you were sick for most of your break, but you said you had something.
Speaker 4: Pulled out of it just right before Christmas. It obviously went on longer than I thought. When I missed day early in the week and got a shot, you know, usually that just brings you back. The shot will ride over everything. I mean, it just you know, peaks you right up. It makes you feel better and picks you up. And but that was not the case. Rick I went back down and I hated it. But yeah, I was in bed. I just felt terrible. Even when I got up and was out of the bed, I didn't feel good. So but all of it broke a little before Christmas. So but we're still just kind of chilly.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: What was this thing you were saying you're going to talk about, Well.
Speaker 4: It actually, Rick, is kind of a tech update. You the tech stuff.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I love technology, but not as much as you, you see, but I still love technology, always forever.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful wedding.
Speaker 6: So Rick, I'm behind.
Speaker 4: You know, even though I consider myself a tech person, you're not always on the bleeding edge of every top. No, I mean, you just can't do that. There's not enough time in the world. So I'm I'm really behind the curve on this. But I did start playing over the weekend or over the holidays with Alexa. Are you familiar with this?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: Is that great Amazon personal assistance?
Speaker 3: But I got one at Dirty Sina. It was a bit.
Speaker 4: I got the little dot, got the dot.
Speaker 3: The dots were huge at Dirty sign of because.
Speaker 4: They're cheap, you know, and they do a lot. And uh, it's so tell me you have yours hooked up and you talk to it and it talks back.
Speaker 3: Chandler hooked it up.
Speaker 6: And I gotta tell this, you're the last person I thought would have this.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't know nothing about it. Dirty sign. Listen.
Speaker 1: So Channer's messing with it and they're asking you questions, and I said, you know, I said, Alexa, who farted?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 1: She goes the person who smelted it.
Speaker 3: I swear you got the laughing how you like it? We were dying laughing.
Speaker 4: So so I got one. I started experimenting with it Rick, and I didn't know what it would do or the capabilities. I knew Hams was involved with it. Something I don't know, Speedy or you Alexa person. There's a lot of people who are really into the roopy and I'm behind the curve on it. So I was trying to learn it and catch up. And we had some things there at the house I wanted to do, and you know, try to do this and do that and add one and make it do this, and but I had a ball with it. I was having fun. I got the one that's called the window, so it has a screen on it, and you know, you can just ask it to play anything, and it'll play it. But one of the cool things is while the song is playing, the words come up on the on the little screen and you forget how many songs you really don't know the words to, you know. So I was trying to tighten up some of my singing presentation during that.
Speaker 3: So there you go. So so does it?
Speaker 4: Taylor's back?
Speaker 3: All right? I understand that it has the things that it has in it, but you know, if you want us to start doing things in your house, how do you program.
Speaker 4: All that you have to I don't have to enable.
Speaker 6: I don't have Alexa, by the way, and I never did, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: That was probably when you were doing it on Saturday.
Speaker 6: Yeah you have to that good Well, Rick, I hate to bring it up, but he's you specifically sit in me a text, It asked me, and I told you, no, I have no I.
Speaker 4: Thought somebody here.
Speaker 1: I think you can do it just reading the like I have a firestick and I can make it where. Hey, you put it on this movie or whatever, fast forward it to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you six minutes into this or whatever. I got that. I know how you right, But I mean, it can't just come in your house and you set it down and starts doing everything in the house.
Speaker 4: You have to get an app and sign on to your Amazon account, whatever level that may be, and then you start, Uh, it's called it. You have to enable a skill and you have to enable the skill to get it to control this or control that. They'll be able to do this or do that.
Speaker 1: And people who have certain thermostats in their house, they got to have one.
Speaker 3: That it can do. You come down as.
Speaker 4: Not but you have to have a certain but you like you can interface it to your security system if you have all that and it's online and you literally can cut lights on and off just by telling it, or you can get standalone lights that will pair with it and you you know, plug it in your Christmas tree and say, you know, I'm not gonna say the word, so I set everybody's off. But uh, but it's it's also tied in. This is what I thought was really cool and I didn't realize this. It's tied in to tune in. Tune In comes on it. You don't have to enable that skill, so you can tell it what you call it. And by the way, you can change that name.
Speaker 3: Did you change yours? No?
Speaker 4: I didn't, but Caitlyn. Caitlyn has a good friend named Alexis, so I'm constantly calling her Alexa and Alexa Alexis. That's suck, I know, because I'm so I'm so good with names, but everybody starts sending me the Saturday Night Live skit about Alexa Silver. Have you seen this? Rick vergess you and it will work on the radio too, by the way, it is so speedy, se if you can find that, it's called Alexa Silver and it's a spoof off Saturday Night Live, and and this is exactly how it is at our house. It's so funny. But yeah, you can get to do anything. But you know, it's kind of fun just to walk by and say, hey, Alexa, what's the weather, and it'll mean it gives you all the details.
Speaker 6: And you really order stuff. Yea, hey I need you I need some paper tiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's say if you amazon what it is, it's easier to do it. I haven't done a lot of your hand right, that's kind of the area I haven't explored yet. It'll go to your recent purchases, so if you buy something, you can tell it to go back and reorder.
Speaker 6: That really okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I mean I've heard of parents having problems with little kids ordering stuff on it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can put a security coat on it now, thank goodness. Uh but I got a fire stick to play with it too, Greg and hooked it in. I was just having all kinds now. Hunter is afraid I'm cheating on Apple, and he's worried about me that I'm well, cheating on Apple. I was about to ask you that, and I'm just what I'm doing is I'm just surveying the competition.
Speaker 3: So you are cheating on Apple.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that not. It was series built into the phone, but it's not the same. I want the thing you said at home, but this is cool. But with the Union app though, what you're saying is with the tune in app. If you didn't know, you can tell it. Go to this radio station on tune in and it goes and you can hear our show on almost every affiliate we have clear as a bell. This is the other thing. If you're a if you're a radio guy, you like listening to stuff, I can say, go to these call letters and it will find a stream that that thing is on. And I listened to stations all of the country. I mean some of them are tiny and you just listen to it right there, just clear as a bell. But let me tell you why we really got it. This was the problem I was trying to solve. We have and like a lot of houses are wired with a intercom system through the house or speakers through the house, and they all feed back to one room. And you have a receiver amplifier, and you know, you can put your favorite radio station on and each room has a volume nob you know, cut it up and down. Well, Betty likes to play her playlist, so I put a plug on there so she could plug her phone into it and play it through the house. Well, the problem is then she don't have her phone, and and like if you're trying to have a party and you got your Christmas music going, when people are texting, they never remember how to get there, how to do this, or do you need me to bring something. So she likes to have her phone with her in the kitchen. Well, if it's in the kitchen, you can't play it through the PA system in the house.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So what we did is we had the window in the kitchen and we added the dot that Greg's talking about and it has a plug on it and we added it in there. So you just tell the one in the kitchen to play the dot in there and whatever, I mean, whatever song you want to bring up. I think they got them all. So it was just funny to say, you know, Alexa play Christmas mususic, or play traditional music, or play being Crosby. Betty likes Michael Bubla, and so you just fire it right.
Speaker 3: Up, you know, yeah too.
Speaker 1: You can ask a question real quick, where's the music coming from the music library?
Speaker 3: Like I know, like Amazon's.
Speaker 4: Streaming through the through Alexa to whatever you've got it?
Speaker 3: But is it a membership like Apple Music?
Speaker 4: It would be like that, and I think they probably give you a complimentary one for ninety yes, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's thirty, and then it's three dollars a month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not it's not much the entire library, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: And that is that just twice?
Speaker 4: Or is it like this commercial will come back?
Speaker 1: Because like Apple Music, you can get for an individual, or you can do the family plan, and I do the family plan, so we can all.
Speaker 4: I can tell you, I can tell you how that works, will come back.
Speaker 6: I got I played the tight wide bit over the with Speedy and some of these questions are some of.
Speaker 3: The things that's no matter of fact. I can't inclusion speed. He can't go to Mawig a tight one, but you can never go to Mount Bubback. All right. So the guys are telling Bubba and uh and and me in the in the kitchen that we're going to not believe what we're about to see out of Is it a Norwegian woman has.
Speaker 1: An unusual skill running and jumping like a horse.
Speaker 3: What uh?
Speaker 1: This is something that was brought to our attention. I guess late last week or over the weekend. It's in show notes and we we watched it in the kickoff hour. H and Adler's got a got a kind of a weird tie into.
Speaker 3: This doesn't have a weird and everything. So on radio, I apologize, you're gonna hear us.
Speaker 1: You too have seen Bubby. You're going to wait to see you. You're going to see a one. It's got like just music with it. But it looks like she's doing I guess, uh, kind of a fast bear crawl for those of you that can't visualized.
Speaker 3: But she's galloping like a horse. You said that she runs around like a horse on all fours.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, she read.
Speaker 3: She can jump obstacles to like the steeplechase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she even jumped a picnic table.
Speaker 3: Look, and we're gonna start with her walking down the little trail. Yes, oh that's nothing. She's warming. We'll be watching this. Yeah. Now here she comes, she's running. That's her. Yes, watch that looks like a horse. That's a person. That's not true, that's a person.
Speaker 4: Different gallop, gallup?
Speaker 3: Why are we doing now? This could go bad? She doesn't have This is some kind of camera game.
Speaker 6: It is real.
Speaker 3: Look at her jumping, y'all.
Speaker 4: This is not real.
Speaker 12: It can't be.
Speaker 6: This is And.
Speaker 3: That's how do you end up like this?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 1: She chose to that's why. Yeah, I want to see some video over standing up, No way she can stand. That shows her jumping over things. Her gate is amazing. The way she dried, by the way. Look I was able to do that.
Speaker 4: She has shoes on her hands.
Speaker 3: That's look at that. Here's what I want to know is jumping over there. She's doing this on purposers are chileman. No, she's not like raised by wolves.
Speaker 4: Well that's when Hey, it looks like, yeah, I have to.
Speaker 3: Ask, you're right? Right? When she was this way? We think maybe not when she was the only way she can go?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, she was like four years old.
Speaker 3: Where's the one when she's really galloping? Ba?
Speaker 6: Do I want to see the one on the beach where she's just flying?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that coming up her arms.
Speaker 1: Here comes, here comes the beach, right here, gate right there. I can't believe hanging her feet all the way back up in front of her chest.
Speaker 3: I can't believe what I'm seeing. It's jogging.
Speaker 4: When she's she's doing that, it's her leg and arm moving together.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 3: This is the one that's a horse.
Speaker 4: It's opposite, isn't it.
Speaker 3: When I saw that's rigging, that's a whole different one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a gallop there.
Speaker 3: When I saw her coming from a distance, I thought it was an animal.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 3: I was real concerned about that video. Poor dog, he's so confused. I don't know what to do now. But do you know that there's people that run around like this. That's kind of their things, Just like these people walking around with like Ian. We have one of them on our store. I won't footage of this woman walking normal.
Speaker 6: All right. So when she was she loved dogs, so she started running like a dog, and then she she got older, and she got older and started running like a horse.
Speaker 12: Music.
Speaker 3: Here goes.
Speaker 7: Henry cats are the shoe on YouTube? Man, Hello lady, you know it's how close is Norwegia?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Is that not bizarre?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: That was very very strong. Oh, y'all, she's amazing.
Speaker 4: Like over the weekend, you know, we'd have the hot dog getting contest, which I can't even watch it.
Speaker 3: It may have been grosser, and it was.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 3: I looked up and just saw it for a minute, and I thought, what a bad movie this is on in a restaurant. Somebody turned that offscusion, This is unbelievable.
Speaker 14: That.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's she's just to kill your lower.
Speaker 1: It looks like an animal with a human head. Rick if the coach tried to punish her with the bear cross. Oh, she could run a route like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she looks y'all jumping over a picnic table that I can't do that running.
Speaker 3: Picture just like that and owning it like that. Yeah, I mean, just look, that's a strangely bulldog. What I just let himself go?
Speaker 4: Hey, if I jumped that table, I would face.
Speaker 3: I know, Wow, she can jump anything. Is this something? Is this not real? I mean, either think are good with this, You're letting this go as bizarre as it can be, But you think it's real. Well, I mean she's obviously doing I know. I mean, she looks like she's practiced. It's not a camera trick or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll be back for Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Ricking Bubba's Greatest tits, Flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's Greatest Tits, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba