Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tom McKenzie with Caroline Heckert. We are joined now Pome blom Bags Breaking news editor Louise Moon. Louise, We start with Anglo Americans still saying all mine, who writes these things?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Two questions folded into one Anglo American PHP A dealer.
Speaker 1: Is off yes. So we had a report that we broke the Bloomberg broke yesterday saying that BHP had made a fresh attempt to buy Anglo, a fresh approach to buy Anglo. So that was reported yesterday. We also reported the Anglo then rejected that and BHP of confirmed this morning that they did have some initial talks and they've walked away, so that deal is off the cards. This is the second time that this is that they've made this attempt. BP tried to buy Anglo last year also failed, But crucially this time it comes before Anglo Anglo shareholders are voting for a tie up with Canada's tech resources so that would be a big merger. And if you know, if BHP had been a bit more successful in their attempts, then that would have really derailed that merger. So it's coming at quite a crucial time. That will happen in a few weeks that the vote by shareholders. It also comes as there's there's kind of a lot of pressure in the industry for consolidation. So this is kind of another example of that. Shares or Angler Shares didn't react too much on this news. But what it does is it brings speculation to an end that there could be you know, other bids, interlopers, and that this Anglo Tech deal could fall through. So it kind of de risks that deal, that's what Anlyssa is saying. And it looks like that that should go ahead. It has broadly been supported so far.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that in M and A that wasn't let's also think about you be soft. This is quite a complicated story, isn't it for the video game maker? Can't say I'm an Assassin's Creed devotee, but talk to us about Ubisoft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so shares jumping this morning, jumped in in the most almost a year. So the news this morning is that they've closed the deal with ten Cents. This was agreed in March. It's a one point one six billion euro investment from ten Cent into Ubisoft, into specifically their unit called Vantage Studios, so that house houses certain franchises, including Assassin's Creed like you mentioned, and that will be used to pay down debt and ten Cent will now own a twenty six percent steak in that unit in Vantage Studios. The reason it's a bit more complicated, So last week Ubisoft shares slumped, so they're reversing that slump this morning. But they slumped because they were said to be in breach of a loan agreement, and that's after they're ordered to ordered it to reinstate restate some of its revenue. So it's a bit of a relief today that it's gone through and they've got that investment to help out, which is essentially what was needed last week.
Speaker 3: You're also looking at the advertising world as well, the advertising sector. Two major advertising companies taking hits this morning. What's behind the pain there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, both in the UK, so MC's actually and S four Capital shares slumping, both of them slightly different reasons, but overall it's kind of paints the same picture for the sector. So if we take M and C first, they cut that outlook, they said they were adversely impacted by the US government shutdown and that will hit their growth and profitability for the full year. So obviously disappointing on that on that part. And then S four Capital slump ten percent this morning they issued a profit warning, essentially continuing to struggle. So the wide industry and mbss's also been hit by this as well, is struggling with less spending from clients because of the wider macro environment, slower business wins for the same reason the rise of AI. So the whole sector hasn't been performing well and S four is continuing continuing to struggle on that front. And then mbsc's got this kind of added factor of the US government shutdown hitting them. So both slumping this morning's are not great news towards the end for advertising.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App