Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Howard iiO on this Wednesday, morale is high ish. I just found out, PAULI found out through the NBA Commissioner's office that I have my voting rights, the privileges restored finally after a twenty year absence after I left the mothership. Apparently the NBA didn't think I would amount to much and they decided to give my privileges. I hope that somebody didn't lose their you know, like big big perk on you know, NBA countdown. Then all of a sudden, he's like, man, I lost my privileges? Who got those? But the NBA and the Commissioner, true to his word yesterday when he joined us, said that he would work on restoring my voting privileges. What a great day already. The gang is here, Todd in the back row with Dylan, Marvin Paully up front, yours truly in the back room guys as well.
Speaker 3: We'll talk a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more about the draft last night. I did think Oklahoma City drafted a guy where you go, yep, that's the team that would draft Addie Mehra from Michigan. He's seven to three center, and this felt like we're going to draft somebody whose job is going to be go head to head with Wemby. Now I don't know exactly what that means, go head to head with him, but it does give you another big body for Okac and maybe chet Holmgren doesn't have to get embarrassed, and you could have Mara out there at seven foot three and it looks like he's ready to come in and play a little bit there. But that was one of those picks where you go, okay, I got it. Here was one that was odd. Golden State took Yaxol Lendenborg from Michigan. He's a month older than Jonathan Kaminga. Jonathan Kaminga's been in the year for six years, the league for six years. Both are twenty three. Not to you buy Panini America the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. We have a poll question for hour two.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, I was shocked that he got picked even that high because the NBA, in you know, recent memory, they're all it's agism, like, look, they want to draft a nineteen year old. So by twenty two to twenty three, he's in his fourth or fifth year and now he's an All Star and he's still only twenty two and twenty three years old instead of a rookie being twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you might want somebody who can play right away and that you know, you don't have to wait for them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Smart, But gims are probably gonna say, if you were that good, why did you wait until you were twenty three to get to the NBA.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, sometimes you don't want to. You may not have the confidence, you may not have somebody who signs off and says you're gonna be a first round pick. I mean, Michigan did extremely well. I mean Dusty May he's leaving the cupboard bear with three lottery picks and then he goes to the Dallas Mavericks. But you know, sometimes you just say, I'm not ready for the NBA. And you know, considering how he put that lineup together, it's not like he recruited that lineup when they were eighteen or nineteen. He just gathered them all together and threw him in there. Yeah yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Jaxell Lndenborg. He sounds like an F one driver by the way, with that name. He played six years of College Basketball three.
Speaker 3: JUCO two at UAB.
Speaker 5: Then he brought his talents up north, and doctor Lindeborg finished at Michigan last year at age twenty three.
Speaker 2: All right eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show yes, Martin.
Speaker 4: Another thing you're not seeing is you're not seeing a bunch of guys that went to the draft early and didn't get picked in the first round. Because of NIL. Guys are staying in school. So it's like, you know what, I don't have to leave if I'm a fringe first round pick. I get to stay in school and play in front of twenty thousand people at Arkansas or Duke or Carolina.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, I did miss the days of seeing the draft day suits and jewelry before NIL, because that was the thing too. You'd see a nice stat watch and a Chaine and be like, interesting.
Speaker 2: Somebody got fronted some money. Yeah, that's it's usually what happens. Hey, I gotta look clean for the draft. What are you gonna need? A couple of hundred probably about twenty five large please, yes, Pauli.
Speaker 5: And there's some guys because they're freshmen, they don't have the muscle tone of big guys like Mares Johnson of Michigan. He looked like a full grown man. But then Caleb Williss Wilson of UNC, he looked like he was sixteen years old and kind of remember me Jermaine O'Neil coming out of college.
Speaker 2: No movement with the Celtics with Jalen Brown. I did wonder about this. He's from Atlanta. Could he end up with the Atlanta Hawks? But you know, Brad Stevens had a Prescot conference yesterday. Now I don't know if people said to him directly, did you offer Jalen Brown to the Milwaukee Bucks. I didn't see the whole press conference. I just saw where he said that Jalen Brown is part of our team always, you know, part of our team. I'm always thinking about Jalen Brown. I'm always thinking about Jalen Brown and trying to trade him.
Speaker 3: I added that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if somebody said to Brad Stevens, the GM for the Celtics, did you try to trade Jalen Brown to Milwaukee? I would ask that question. There also the Brendan Soresby situation. He's out of the supplemental Draft. The NBA or NFL, I should say had a deadline here, So I don't. I'm not quite sure I understand everything. But they're blocking the quarterback into the supplemental Draft, and the NFL cited the late submission by Soresby's team to the draft as one of the many reasons for their refusal to accept his case. Soresby's application came in around three days before the deadline, So why have the deadline if you adhere to the deadline, but you decide you are going to hold that against him. They don't want him in the NFL. They don't need him in the NFL. And part of the problem with this is Soresby's team probably looked at the NFL as well. It didn't work out in college. Now you have a safety net. The NFL spent years trying to protect itself from gambling scandals. You got to draw a line. They drew a line. And I did reach out to a source. I said, put brand to Soorsby play for an Naia school? Could he played in the CFL. I was told by my source that yes, he could play for an Naia school and that he was looking for let me just check my phone. He was looking to see if he would be able to play in this fall, but no, no response. But the nai part of this that he could play for a really small school. Here's my suggestion for Brendan Soresby, and it's a suggestion that I made to Pete Rose on numerous occasions. When Pete got caught and got that lifetime ban, I said to him, on your own dime, on your own time, go to the minor leagues and go around the country and tell those kids about how you got this deeply involved that cost you your career and maybe the Hall of Fame. And Pete wouldn't do it because Pete, I think he thought he was bigger than the game, and the game will eventually come back to him and say, all right, you serve your penance. Now he got a lifetime ban, and you know, maybe something happens posthumously. I've said that before about Pete. But if I'm Brendan Soresby, on your own time, on your own time, go around to colleges. Maybe you do a sit down with sixty minutes. Maybe you're able to give some shed some light, maybe garner some sympathy or some understanding. Go to high schools and just say I want to talk to you about gambling, and I think that would go a long way. Now, college might be tough because he's just getting basically kicked out of college. Maybe you go to the high school level and talk to those kids, gather them in the gymnasium and let them ask you questions. It might not be comfortable, but this at least shows that, Okay, I'm going to rehab myself, but I also want to make sure that I tell these kids it can happen to you. And once it starts. I mean, he plays nine thousand bets. It was just it didn't stop. And sometimes we get caught up in well, but he was only better like twenty dollars. That is not what I focused on. It was the constant that he was. He needed it. He couldn't survive each day without some kind of bet on something around the world, like if he did one big bet, Okay, when you do nine thousand, obviously he has a problem. And I think, moving forward, continue to work on yourself this entire year, workout. You know, I would probably I wouldn't suggest the NAI, I wouldn't suggest the CFL, but I would just find somebody who can help you get ready for the NFL Draft next year, and in the meantime, why don't you go around college? But I would suggest high school and just talk about how you got into this situation. I know that we say the evils of gambling, Well it's it's evil if you'll allow it to be, and he allowed it to be. And you're betting on your team at Indiana, I don't know why he wouldn't bet on his team at Cincinnati, Like that doesn't make any sense that you bet. He didn't play at Indiana, but he was betting on Indiana and maybe thirty or forty bets. But then at Cincinnati when you're playing, that's when I thought that he would be betting on himself. But I haven't heard any information about that. But we'll talk to Mike Florio about And you know, knowing Brendan Soorsby's attorney, Jeffrey Kessler, he's not afraid of the NFL, and you know, probably going to sue the NFL, but I don't know how long that would take. And if I was representing Brendan Soresby, I would say, hey, let's just give back's, let's show a different side of me, not somebody who's going to fight. I want to stay. We're going to sue. I got my money. I bounced around my third school. It's now it's time to be a grown up and just say I want to talk to these kids, and I'll do that on my own. And if you want to have film crews come in, you want to sit down with John Wertheim on sixty minutes, That's what I would suggest here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, like you said, he's got eight months to change the narrative. But he needs time because right now he and his lawyer come off as do anything to get in the league or get on a football team. But eight months from now, his tape is his tape. The NFL's got his tape and he may not have any more to give them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they'll be fine with I mean, this is a dual threat. This guy who's got athleticism, he certainly showed that at Cincinnati. But you got to rehab yourself in the eyes of other people as well. Not only you, but you got to do that with everybody else who has an opinion about you. In the NFL, they don't need you, You need the NFL. All right, Let's see World Cup yesterday, the big news was Ronaldo. He's back, had a couple of goals there, which was fun. United States and play until tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, did you see the story about the ghanay And witch doctor who cursed Harry Kane yesterday?
Speaker 2: Nana? I did not.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, this is pretty good. So Nana Kuaku Bonsen is a Ghanaian witch doctor who plays a curse on Harrycane not to be injured, just to limit his powers, and they ended in a zero zero tie.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Now he used these skills powers over other players.
Speaker 6: He has Apparently he did in the twenty fourteen World Cup against Ronaldo, who then suffered a knee injury, which I wouldn't you know, I don't think that's right.
Speaker 2: But two for two, well, he kind of picks his spots there, you know, twelve years after what he did in twenty fourteen, and now he does it so like he's really specific when he decides to do this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not gonna be judgmental, but come on, don't be doing that.
Speaker 3: That's something terrible what happened to him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be judgmental. Don't do that again. Todd, Yes, Paulie Dan.
Speaker 5: I googled doctor Bonson and I cannot find a medical school that he attended that said it might be on me. He said, I'm working on Harry Kane quote. I'm not wishing him serious injury. I just want him to stop against my country playing.
Speaker 8: Well, that's it, okay.
Speaker 2: Trip in Vegas, Hi, Trip, welcome back.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning, Dan. Always good to speak with y'all. Don't be upset about Dylan's attire. If he was an aerosmith guy, he wouldn't dress like that. But I had a question for Todd is he's slowly getting Is he happy or jealous that he's possibly losing his Least Valuable Dan ed award to Dylan? And even though it the award is maybe a negative award, it's still winning and Todd likes to win. So I was just curious about that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you, Trip. No, No, Todd still is uh you know, I think he's got a dynasty going on here as the least valuable Dante.
Speaker 7: Yes, I could be very competitive, but I'm okay with the not being the least valuable Dane. Perennially, I'm I happy to share that.
Speaker 2: I would say, right now halfway through the year, you're still least valuable Dad. I mean, Dylan's got a way to go, but you're you're kind of the Buffalo bills of least valuable Danet.
Speaker 7: I'm a dynasty on the bad end of the thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are. You have created a dynasty. Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: Have these last few days a week or so with our little tiff that we've been in, has that affected uh? Are standing at all?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: The audience votes on this, Dylan, Just letting you know, you've gotten some negative calls here recently. I have just want to let okay, just want to let you know, but welcome to the team getting some negative publicity.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Paul dan this is the natural process of being a dan At. Marvin had the honeymoon period of about a month, and everyone loved what Marvin did. Very funny. He knows his sports, especially his NBA, and then the hand size thing. Their little chinks in the armor and next thing you know, they start taking shots at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought that that was a positive. Oh yeah, that Marvin was. He was willing to embrace it, you know, not with both hands, but he was embracing it. That he that he has the smallest hands in the room. But uh, and I gave him a lot of credit for that. He said, just embrace it, you know, don't fight it. You know, being a dan at is kind of like marriage. You know that first month is great, then after that you're gonna you're gonna get roughed up a little bit there. So that's what happened. That's what happened to Marvin honeymoon and then it's over. And now all of a sudden, Dylan in the honeymoon stage. But I think it's it's evaporating.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. We'll talk to Tim McMahon. He covers the NBA for the Mothership. He'll join us. Coming up more on the Brendan Soresby situation, Mike Florio, Seth Greenberg on loan from the Mothership. We'll recap what happened last night in the draft. We'll take a break. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey is Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio Now.
Speaker 9: In addition to hearing US live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. We're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: Yup.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do.
Speaker 9: Search Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube again. Go to YouTube search Covino and Rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon, comment away.
Speaker 2: He is Tim McMahon ESPN, NBA Reporter and his podcast band McMahon on the Hoop Collective and of course he wrote the book on Luka Doncic, The Wonder Boy, The Curse of Greatness. As we welcome back Tim McMahon. Howdy Tim, Howdy Dan, how are you? I'm good, I'm good. Do you have your grades ready? We always have to have a grade for the NBA draft and so you're kind of the teacher here. Can you grade something like strategy over just the talent that somebody.
Speaker 3: Has h Well, then I'll be real honed.
Speaker 2: So that's a new process.
Speaker 10: Uh, it took me eight years to get a degree in college. I'm not a professor. I don't hand that grade and I'll be real with you, Like I don't watch a lot of college basketball.
Speaker 3: And I'm either at an NBA game or.
Speaker 10: Watching League Bass every night, so I learn about these guys. You know, we have experts obviously at ESPN, there's other you know, draft gurus.
Speaker 3: I read that stuff.
Speaker 10: I talk to people around the league. So I'm more of a I grade the process because on the talent, I'm mainly going off with other people's opinions.
Speaker 3: U not my own. And you know, I also I just think it's hilarious.
Speaker 10: It's like, do you get your grade when you get your syllabus when you walk into a classroom because the class just started for these guys, How are you going to grade something that.
Speaker 3: You know hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: Is it just a coincidence that there are certain teams that just aren't good at this? Like whenever the Wizards do something, I go, oh, this is going to go bad. But if the Miami Heat do something, then I go oh, they must know something that I don't know well, And I.
Speaker 3: Think you're judging the Wizards on history.
Speaker 10: This is obviously as still a relatively new front office that's gone through a rebuild, and you know, so in that sense, I think that this Wizard's front office deserves and benefit of the doubt, whereas the heat that that's a front office that has been together for a long long time, that has, you know, lifted championship trophies and raised banners. It's had a lot of success, not just in the draft, but in pulling off things like positioning themselves to acquire Jannis, as they did with Lebron, as they did with Alonzo Mourning and Jimmy Butler, Chris Bosh and on down the list. Having said that, the new Wizards front office new ish, you know, years into it now, but not not long tenured. I don't know that they bought a lot of credibility when they gave Trey Young the two hundred twelve million dollar extension. But that's another that's another issue that's not draft related.
Speaker 2: How did the Celtics miss on Giannis?
Speaker 10: I really think it just came down to, for Milwaukee, are you going to make a trade that's about being as good as you can be the next two or three years? Are you going to make a trade that's about giving your franchise a chance to really eventually come out.
Speaker 3: Of this with a competitive team in place.
Speaker 10: You know, Jayden Brown on a couple of first round picks is what was on the table from the Celtics. Those picks are likely going to be late picks, right, And so with Jayden Brown, yes, that is a ready made in his prime superstar. That's a guy who was you know, second team All NBA selection. He's not at the same tier as Giannis, but he's just you know, at that tier right below. But look, Dan, that wasn't a good team with Giannis on the floor. He didn't play a lot last year, but when he played there was seventeen and nineteen.
Speaker 3: You bring in Jalen Brown, and yeah.
Speaker 10: You're maximizing your chances to be competitive next year, but the ceiling is still not very high. Whereas you go with this deal with Miami, you know, you get a lottery pick in this year's draft, you get two more picks that are when Giannis is going to be in his mid to late thirties, you know, plus a swap in that span you get you know, Tyler Hero. We'll see if he's on the roster or not, either they get more stuff from him or he's scoring twenty points per game.
Speaker 3: And you know, at least given.
Speaker 10: Wisconsin folks a local kid to watch, and then you get a few you know, they didn't get like the hey, this is the centerpiece of the trade guy. But they got some young players that are interesting in it. So I would have taken the deal from Miami as well. They squeezed Miami to to get as much as they could get from them. And again I just think the Jayden Brown thing, Sure, okay, great, you get an All NBA player to do what to miss the play again or to maybe be a ten seed.
Speaker 2: The Celtics have a situation on their hands here with Jalen Brown.
Speaker 10: I think the Celtics have had a situation on their hands with Jayden Brown. Honestly, for the last few months, he made it very clear and wasn't shy a boy declaring that this was the favorite season of his career. And this was after they got bounced in the first round. But it was a favorite season of his career because he was the man. Everything revolved around him, the ball was in his hands. He was the clear cut one A on the team. But Jason Tatum out most of the year, and then you know, coming back off of the Achilles injuries, so there's been a situation on their hands, but this obviously inflamed it. And you know, you can't pretend like he wasn't on the block, and this isn't the first go round, right, Jason Tatum has never gone through hearing trade rumors involving him. Jam Brown has on multiple occasions. You know, you go back to the KD stuff and they kind of tried to play the semantics game. There. There was no semantics here. He was absolutely offered and so you know, we will see what that means moving forward. We will see if he's on the Celtics roster. When trading camp rolls.
Speaker 2: Around talking to Tim McMahon, ESPN NBA reporter. You can also see him on the great podcast The Hoop Collective Dusty May running from Michigan or running to the Mavericks.
Speaker 10: That's a that's a great question. I wouldn't say running from Michigan, maybe running from college basketball. But you know, clearly he had interest in jumping to the NBA. The Mavericks was the opportunity to have presented itself. And look, there's a lot of work to be done with this Mavericks roster, but there is really significant appeal in being the head coach in Dallas, and that's primarily for one reason. They have a guy to build around they hope for the next generation, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and I'm obvious still about Cooper.
Speaker 10: Flag, a nineteen year old who has MVP type of potential as perennial all NBA to potential. They have the toughest piece to find already in place, and so you know, for that reason, plus they have an owner who's willing to pay this was an attractive job to coaches.
Speaker 2: NBA teams try to model themselves after the Knicks with them. I don't know if it's necessarily a copycat league, but and how would you even copy what the Knicks We're able to do with that roster?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, obviously, anytime a team wins a championship, other franchises are going to study that and going to see if there's things that they can emulate. But the biggest piece there is Jalen Bronson, and I don't know how you emulate that. I don't know how. Look when the Knicks signed him to a four year, one hundred four million dollar contract, the general reaction was, oh my gosh, I can't believe how much stay overpaid, and it was a silly reaction at the time because it was like adage starting point guard money. But nobody with the Knicks thought that they were getting a perennial NBA player, you know, a finals MVP player, a guy who's going to drop forty five in a title clinching game, and so he's exceeded all their internal expectations. And then I also so finding that guy having him just blossom and continue to get better and better and better. I don't know how you emulate that. And I also don't know how you emulate having to face your franchise leave one hundred and thirteen million dollars on the table so you can fill out.
Speaker 3: The rest of the roster. I don't think that's going to be a trend.
Speaker 2: Well, Tim, there's millions and millions of Knicks fans who knew that Jalen Brunson was going to be this great. It was everybody else, all the members of the media. We're the ones who didn't realize this.
Speaker 10: Nobody loves Jalen Brunson more than and his dad Rick, and Rick will be the first one to tell you I thought he was going to be good.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he was going to be this great. So the rest of them are they know him better than his own dad does.
Speaker 2: Well, Jay Wright came out and even when I had him on after the season, he said, I didn't think he was a one. I thought he might be a two or three for a team. So here's your college coach who didn't he didn't think you would be this great?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 10: And you know this guy he has been underestimated obviously his entire career.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was the NCAA Player of the Year.
Speaker 10: On a championship team his last year at Villanova and slipped into the second round.
Speaker 3: But in Dallas that last.
Speaker 10: Year, as he kept getting better and better, that last year, he proved himself as a bona fide number two on a really good team, on a team that went to the Western Conference finals. And look, if you want to say I knew it, then you can't. You can say that little glimpse that year when Luca Downs was out with the calf strain and I had to open the playoffs without him and they won two of the three games, miss the Jazz, when Brunson had forty one and thirty one, you can claim that and say, okay, I saw it then, but to do it with the consistency that he's done it, and you know, to make playoff runs every single year before breaking through this year. Hey, if you saw it coming, I hope you're investing in the stock market.
Speaker 2: Always good to catch up with you, Tim, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you. Dan ODIs mego.
Speaker 2: It's Tim McMahon ESPN, NBA Reporter, the Band McMahon podcast on the Hoop Collective, and he wrote the book on Luca the Wonder Boy, The Curse of Greatness. I have to admit that that was my title before Luca, but I allowed him to use that as the title for Luca Thunderboy The Curse of Greatness. Yes, that's what I do. Pauli Carter in Washington, Hi Carter, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 1: Agan?
Speaker 11: Hey, So I was the one that called a few months ago about having to go to the Seahawks Championship parade.
Speaker 12: I was working security.
Speaker 11: For it and I'm a big Packer fan, so I was just thrown in my face. Well, this past weekend I went on a nice relaxing golf and spa resort retreat and who was there none other than the security or the Seahawks. They were doing like a golf charity event and it was some Seahawks players and legacy and the Lombardi Trophy was all around. Everywhere I went, it was Seahawks celebrating the championship.
Speaker 12: Again.
Speaker 2: You can't get away from him.
Speaker 11: I can't get away from him. But I will say out on the driving range, I did see none other than Kenny Naine. So that was a highlight for me.
Speaker 2: Oh well, good well, thank you, Carter. Yeah, Kenny still out there. Linda Cohene is going to join us, I believe on Friday, after announcing her retirement. Five thousand Sports Centers and I think she was there thirty four years at the mother Ship. Kind of the end of an era when you think about all the people who were there, and she's kind of the last one out the door. Carl Rabbits is still there, but Rabbie known more for doing play by play than Sports Center and baseball tonight, Yeah, PAULI, Yeah, it's Linda Cone.
Speaker 5: Is it five thousand on the nose or is it like twenty.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know how ESPN would always round it off, it'd be twenty five thousand Sports Center and it happens to be on a Sunday night. Oh go every like thirty thousand sports centers. It was on a Sunday night. I go, what are the odds of that happening? Ben in South Carolina? Good morning, Ben? What do you have?
Speaker 12: Good morning Dan? Thanks for taking my call. Five to eleven Dad bog one ninety six. My wife and I are going to see Darius Rucker the end.
Speaker 3: Of July at Red.
Speaker 12: Rocks and just wondering if any bets that could be formulated that we would have the possibility seeing Todd Fritz on stage singing Let's get quizzical now the first bet.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 2: It's zero zero, Ben, Todd is never allowed to be on stage singing with Darius Rutcker again. Okay, No, he didn't.
Speaker 12: Passionate about the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 12: If there's anything else, maybe the World Cup that he's also passionate about that that could get Todd back on stage. Just it would be.
Speaker 2: No, no, Sorry, your bucket list is not going to be complete. Uh. You know Darius paid up on a bet.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, do you think there was You think he had more of a chance if you only sang one song instead of two.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe budd he didn't listen to me. I'm pleading with him and his wife. Well, his wife was on my side, and we're saying one song. No, no, no, no, no. I think I think I'm gonna do two. So I said, just do one. People don't know who you are. You're gonna get there start singing. They're gonna who is this guy? And Todd goes, no, no, I'm gonna do two. I go, okay, all right, I tried yes time.
Speaker 7: The playlist had already been printed. I saw both the songs on this I felt like compelled that I can't knock out of.
Speaker 3: It now, and who knows when you're gonna get that chance again. So I enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: And even if my fake applause it seemed like.
Speaker 2: Yllen Dylan throw the BS flag. That's nonsense, just that's silly. Todd private, I can.
Speaker 7: Kiss on my list youth on a list that I saw on the when I was in the back on a.
Speaker 2: You could have if you you could have said, hey, by the way, Dan said I should just do one song. Let's just do one song. Do you think that Darius would have been able to change his song list his set list there. Maybe it's his show. Yeah, Oh you think you'd go, Oh my gosh, we're screwed up. I don't know. I can't get to let her cry. I gotta have another song in between.
Speaker 7: It did a lot of rehearsing beforehand, so it would have been not very nice to the bend.
Speaker 2: That will you never know, you never know that you did, Yes, Pauline, this is.
Speaker 5: A classic Todd move of blaming an outside force for a decision that he made. He won the bet and was going to sing two songs. The move would have been to say, Darius, thanks man. One is good experience of a lifetime. Yeah, but blaming the set list that was printed out an hour before the show is very arbitrary.
Speaker 7: That would be like getting an opportunity to shit court sided, like the Knicks game for a big playoff game, and it's like and then someone's doing your favoring, Like, you know what, I'll just sit here for the first quarter and then someone else should take my seat. You're gonna stay in the seat as long as you can.
Speaker 6: How many songs would Todd have had to get into before they like he pulled the plug, Like if he was like halfway into the fourth song with the band of Stop third.
Speaker 2: Third, third song. Yeah, yeah, because you could see the audience they're kind of like and they don't know that Darius has lost to bat They lost the bat.
Speaker 1: Kiss they called jo cast.
Speaker 2: You did the you did the impossible. You made Holland Oats sound bad, and you made Darius Ruckers sound bad. So uh, well done.
Speaker 7: It sounded so much better while I was singing it in my earstening.
Speaker 3: That's pretty terrible.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: Yes, again, the smartest, smartest thing that Darius did. As soon as Fritzi walked off stage, he went right into his hood. He set Yes, he did, he did let her cry. I think that's what the audience was thinking. Clever, Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break more phone calls. Mike Florio will have more on the Brendan Soresby situation, because I feel like the NFL. You may not want Brendan Soresby, but if they did everything they were supposed to do, I don't know what kind of legal battle you can stage wager against the NFL, But we'll talk to Florio about that, and uh, we're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Update the poll results for our two Dylan.
Speaker 6: Compared to the excitement around the NFL draft, the NBA draft is lame, almost as good or actually bigger three percent, Dan say actually bigger, No, that they're being fools, and we got one more. Who would you want to be drafted by?
Speaker 3: Less?
Speaker 6: The Nets are the Kings. This one's neck and neck fifty are saying the Kings.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if I was drafted by Brooklyn, I'm at least on the outskirts of New York City, and Brooklyn's a great place to live.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They probably are both viewed as purgatory for NFL players. Although Sacramento's had really good players, they've had good teams. It feels like Darius A. Cuff is gonna be just like Tyrese Halliburton and Daron Fox, be like, put up good numbers and then we'll trade you and then you go play for another team, star for another team.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paulie, this is an absolute slap in the face to the Washington Wizards to not put them in this poll. They've earned a spot in this poll for decades of futility.
Speaker 2: But is it going to the organization or is it going to the city or is it the combination of that, because I would think, you know, no matter where I was, I probably am not going to be happy if the organization isn't very good. And that's part of the problem. I mean, that's why these teams. Did the tankers actually win? When you think about those teams that went out of their way to tank, didn't They have the top four picks, so they did benefit from tanking. But the commissioner is changing that and hopefully we don't have that incentive anymore or less of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark, Yeah, to me, it's definitely about the city because you got to look, the most interesting NBA city to me is Atlanta. The players want to go to Atlanta. They don't want to play for the Hawks.
Speaker 2: And do we have a solution for the hat to situation? When these kids get drafted, they put on the hat. They know they're getting traded, but they can't make it official yet, but they still have to Now. Once again, I was there when Scotty Pippen and Olden Polonese got traded for one another. And all they did is Olden Polonese was three rows away from Scotty, and Scotty took off his hat and handed it to Olden Polonies, and Polinese gave his hat Chicago Bulls to Scotty. Scotty gave the Seattle SuperSonics hat I believe to Olden Polonies. So you're watching this and it's like, oh, like, imagine your life where you go, man, I'm going there. And all of a sudden, thirty seconds later, we have a trade to announce. It's Scotty Pippen and Olden Polonies, and you're going, oh my god, you just your life just changed again in that moment, yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 5: According to a couple NBA draft reporters, the reason the draftees wear the hat of the team they're being traded from the commission is because the NBA's year hasn't started yet. It starts in a few weeks, and then that hat and that trade will be official. How about this, They're likely going to be official. Where the hat of the team you're going to in the moment? You could always fix it later. All these draft picks well, the trades always go through.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, how many of these trades fall apart?
Speaker 5: I can't find any.
Speaker 2: You know, they're up there and they got their hats on, and then you're going. But this isn't where I'm going. Whoever the Knicks drafted He's walking up, he says to the camera, I'm going to be traded. You're like, uh, oh, okay, yes, Todd, But I agree.
Speaker 7: It's about that moment, in that moment in time, that's who selected you. Forever, in your bio and anywhere anyone that talks historically about you, that's the team that picked you. And if minutes later, or hours later, days later, you're on another team, I think there's something to be said. I don't have a problem with him wearing the hat, even if it's for a short lived period of time.
Speaker 2: Didn't we ask who was the kid out of Creighton who got his dad coacheding Doug McDermott. Doug McDermott, and he got traded on draft night and we ask if we can have the old hat from the team that he was drafted by, and he said no, I'm going to keep it as a keepsake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paulie Dan I was working the draft for ESPN Radio when Eli got drafted by the Chargers. He came over and did the interview with us. He took the hat off to put the headset on for the interview, and it was awkward because this was a situation. As we know, he wanted to go to the Giants when he left, and then he had to come back and redo the interview as a Giant. Thirty minutes later, he still had in his kind of back pocket. He was holding the Chargers hat. I said, can I have that? And he started to give it to me. He goes, ah, keep it, It'd be funny someday, and he almost gave me that hat.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he still has that next time he's on YEP, or if somebody happens to have him on my permission, go ahead ask him if he still has the hat. All right, final hour coming up. We'll talk to Mike Florio Pro Football Talk and talk to him about this Sowersby situation. I'm not quite sure we're getting all the answers from both sides on this. Certainly with the NFL, if there was a deadline and they did the right thing prior to the deadline. Are you moving the goldpost here on Brendan Soresby to be able to go in the supplemental draft, because I think he should be able to go into the draft and then teams decide if they want him or not. It feels like they did the right thing. But the NFL, that's a clear message they don't want Brendan Soresby in the NFL anytime soon. Also, Seth Greenberg will join us on loan from the Mothership. We'll recap what we saw last night with the draft. A lot of World Cup action later on today and tonight, and of course Rinaldo is back. They had two goals. Everything is good. Who's in the confessional? Marvin? Okay, all right, Well then you can go in the confessional and confess to all your sins, Marvin. Final hour on the way after this