Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison coming to you from the home office here in Austin, Texas. A great show today, Lindsay Hubbard from Summerhouse. But really is she a villain? It's one thing, Elik. I've talked about this a lot with the shows that I hosted for so many years, Bachler, Batzarette and Paradise and all that. I always find it interesting who gets that, you know, Moniker the villain? Did they earn it? Do they love it? Do they lean into it? Do they see themselves as a villain? Because that's what's really interesting, And one of the things I'll talk to Lindsay about is does she see herself as a villain? Obviously she stirs up drum on the show. She is one of the ogs of Summerhouse. Season eight is about to hit the air waves on Bravo. But you know, she just went through a very public breakup her fiance Carl with cameras rolling three months away from their wedding, off the engagement and broke up with her. They are back together in this season, so it is going to be awkward at best because they'll be back together but cameras are rolling the entire time. But I find Lindsay very interesting because she has embraced this, or has she or does she just see herself as a normal reality contestant kind of putting herself out there, and she's totally misunderstood. Let's find out. Let's talk to Lindsay Hubbard from Summerhouse.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm in the hot seat.
Speaker 1: You are in the hot seat. That is the best way to describe Lindsay Hubbard. You've never been in the hot seat with me, but you're about to right now.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I feel like I did this to myself.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting. I was. I guess I didn't realize you've been there since the beginning eight seasons.
Speaker 3: I know, it's really crazy to think that we're on season eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I guess, I guess there's no one to blame, but you now you've done this to yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, oh man, I'm too good, and they just you know, everything gets mess here and messire as the seasons go on.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so I've obviously have my background in this world. I don't know your show, you know, as far as how produced, who's producing it, and all that stuff. So I come at it with a blank slate of wonder as far as reality TV goes, are you enjoying it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you happy? I know you're back for an eighth season, but that doesn't mean you're loving it?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying the process of doing this season after season?
Speaker 3: I am, because every season is so different and we always have, you know, like one or two new people, Like we got these two new guys for this season who bring a lot of fun and fresh energy to the show this year.
Speaker 2: So I do. I love. I love Summer House.
Speaker 3: It's a lifestyle that I've lived since before the show started.
Speaker 2: It's the culture of New York during this summertime.
Speaker 3: So for me, yeah, I love I love filming the show, being on the show, and you know, being the one who gets.
Speaker 1: Messy, that's a kind way of saying it, the one that gets messy. I've had a lot of experience with this, and I always ask people who are quote unquote the villain because people got that Moniker on my show for many years and a lot of sometimes it fit, I'll be honest, sometimes it fit. A lot of times it did not fit. And I always ask the person, the human being who's behind this, how you feel about it? Because obviously you're embroiled in a lot of scandal and drama. That's the show. But how do you see yourself as a character on this show season in and season out.
Speaker 3: I think for me specifically, I you know, people know me as the one who's like the most like I'm the most authentically myself, you know, I put it all out there. I share everything about my journey and about my real life, you know, season after season, I've gone from you know, plenty of relationships just blowing up you know on the show, to family you know, traumas and and mother issues, to my career, the insides of you know, just me hustling around New York as a publicist, to you know, I once accidentally got pregnant and had a miscarriage.
Speaker 2: I have, you know, most.
Speaker 3: Recently had my fiance and our engagement, which is on this upcoming season. So you know, I think that I bear it all and I give, you know, everything in my soul to the show. And and I think the you know, the villain question, I think everyone different on different and seasons or different times, has there has their moments, right, like, not all of us can be perfect at you know, all the time. And I think, you know, maybe maybe at one point I was a villain and then at another point I was, you know, pulling at the heartstrings of people. And I think, you know, I've I've grown up a lot. I mean eight eight seasons, eight years, I've grown up a lot. And you've actually experienced and gone through this journey of watching me mature and grow as the years have gone on.
Speaker 1: We do have to talk about Carl obviously very publicized the fact that he called off the engagement. There were cameras present, cameras rolling. That's something I want to ask you about because I have again had a lot of experience with these situations where obviously he went to producers told them this was going to happen, and so they are set up. You walk in and you see cameras there. What are you thinking or was this just a normal shooting day and this happened.
Speaker 3: I felt very blindsided with the breakup. You know, two weeks beforehand was my bridal shower, which was also the same day as my birthday, and he shows up to my bridle shower and you know, is like crying and you know, bringing me flowers and showering me with love, and you know, around the same time was posting on Instagram like, happy birthday to the love of my life, my partner, my best friend, I can't wait to marry you in one hundred days, et cetera. So you know, for that to happen, and then two weeks later, you know he's ending our engagement and we're breaking up and he's calling off the wedding was just very shocking and surprising and blind siding, and like all of all of the feels surrounding surrounding that.
Speaker 1: And hopefully you feel like this will portray and be played out appropriately for you, and that's part of bearing your soul on these shows.
Speaker 3: All I can tell you is in that moment, I had no idea what was coming, and I I feel like other people probably knew what was potentially headed my way, but I had no clue.
Speaker 1: One boss move that I loved, and you were very public about this as you went on your bachelorette party. I did, Yeah, that's carl, I'm going on my bachelorette party to the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we had that, these girls had planned that bachelorette, you know, months in advance, and when everything went down, my girlfriends rallied around me like I've never seen girls do before. And I used to just cry and cry and cry about how amazing my friends were, because honestly, the first few weeks of this breakup were brutal.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 3: It was just absolutely brutal. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep.
Speaker 1: You're in mourning. I think people don't ever associate that with with loss of someone dying because it's so extreme, but it truly is. You're in mourning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, and also you're in survival mode, right because you're just like trying to you know, the first couple of weeks, or at least the Yeah, the first couple of weeks, I was just operating like hour by hour, and then I was operating day by day. And then I was finally able to get to a point where I could start thinking, oh, you know, let me, let me plan something for myself next week. And so I carried on with my bacherette trip to the Bahamas because I really wanted to celebrate my girlfriends and I wanted to celebrate our friendship, and that trip was so important to me because you know, obviously I had the time of my life with my friends.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: You know, it really helped me gain.
Speaker 3: Momentum and confidence of like, Okay, I can do this, and I am not alone in this breakup, and and my friends made it a point to make me feel that whatever I was going through or feeling, they were also in it with me, and I was never alone. So it really helped with like, you know, that next step of like Okay, now I'll put one foot in front of the other and just keep moving forward and use the momentum and confidence that my and strength that my girlfriends gave me to keep pushing forward.
Speaker 1: We do know Carl is back on season eight. You're shooting with Carl. He's a part of Summer House set this season up. What are we about to go through with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean this this season is a really fun season, So I want to start there. It's we had more fun line summer than than I think we have you know, as a group in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: So we had a lot of fun together.
Speaker 3: All of us girls really got along, and and when all the girls get along, it's you know, the energy is high. So it really is a fun season, and I think, you know, for for me personally, what was I doing last summer?
Speaker 2: I was planning a wedding.
Speaker 1: So oh, how life can change?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I'm interested to watch this season and and and and really see the conversations that we miss when you know other people are behind closed doors, and maybe continue uh putting the puzzle pieces together.
Speaker 1: Well and talk about a big one eighty. Uh. You got a house in Nashville. You've like talked about talking about ripping the band aid off. You're like, I'm just going to change everything. Was this just part of a new life for you? A new start?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't necessarily part of a new life. I think it was more like I had been wanting.
Speaker 2: To invest in real estate for a while.
Speaker 3: I thought that was going to maybe be a house that I moved into with you know, my ex and our future family that we never got a chance to have.
Speaker 2: So I you know, it's at the end of the day, like.
Speaker 3: I want to invest my money, and I want to invest it in real estate. I went down to Nashville in October and I just fell in love with the city.
Speaker 2: I don't know, if you've ever been, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure I'm I'm in Austin, Texas, very similar. I mean, Nashville is absolutely blowing up. It's a great city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. I just think it's so fun. There's so much to do. I love country music, you know, and the country boys are are not not hard on the eyes.
Speaker 2: We'll just say that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I I know of at least one single guy that lives in Nashville. I don't know if you're single. I don't know how Season eight's gonna go. But uh, you know, Jason Tartick is a good friend of mine. He just recently went through a breakup as well.
Speaker 2: I did. I did watch or read the news about that. I think I was.
Speaker 3: Maybe gonna do his podcast when I was down there this past trip, but I just had no time. I mean, this is the first time I bought a house, and it is no joke. It is no joke. Just you know, in December. Actually it started in November, right after the Cmas I was I went house hunting and looked at different properties, and then by Thanksgiving I put an offer in on the you know, the house that I liked, and then by the end of December, I was trying to get to the closing and approved for my mortgage and then you know, close on the house. And then January was just all about you know, working with my design team and designing the house. And then literally in the last two weeks it all came together, the install, the final touches, the photo shoots. So it was it was a very quick process, but it was worth it. And I'm so excited because, you know, hopefully a lot of people will go to Nashville and enjoy my house, even though I probably I'll probably not.
Speaker 2: Be saying there ever again, but hopefully everyone else.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the things that you're going to deal with along with, you know, the hundreds of millions of others in this country, tax season is coming up. And I know that I don't want to add more stress to your life, but I know you're dealing with that as well. How are you dealing with it so well?
Speaker 3: I know it's hard to believe that tax season is right around the corner, and it's definitely no secret that tax season can be stressful. People get frustrated or as you know, I call it activated. And there was actually a new survey showing that one in every five. People get so frustrated with taxes that they want to.
Speaker 2: Throw their phones.
Speaker 3: So I partnered with straight Talk Wireless where they have an exclusive tax season offer where customers can get a free Samsung Galaxy A fourteen by signing up for the straight Talk Silver Unlimited Plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean, look, I think some of us get so overwhelmed by all this you end up just not doing anything. It's like paralyzing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or if you wind up throwing your phone and breaking it, you can go to go to straight Talk dot com and they can help you out.
Speaker 1: We're almost encouraging you to do that because you're going to get a new phone out of it. Lindsey, appreciate the time. I know you have a lot more to do because you have a big day coming up with Summer House. I'm glad you're back and with everybody. I can't look. I love awkward, that's the other I love love, but I also love awkward. And obviously you Carl watch this season. Yeah, not getting back together. Don't get back together with him, damn it, don't do it, Lindsay, don't be, don't be. Larsa Pippen and Marcus Jordan, Well.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're trying to set me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm setting you up. We're moving on onward and upward. We can do much better than Karl. All Right, Lindsay, take care.
Speaker 2: Thanks Chris My, Thanks.
Speaker 1: To Lindsey, who is about to jump into a very dramatic season eight of Summer House. Okay, here's my thirty thousand foot level prediction. They're going to get back together. I know, I know. I just said I hope you don't. But knowing how reality TV works, obviously the cameras were there. Obviously they were in production, so this was very well produced. She went publicly on her bachelorette party, which I'm sure the cameras are rolling there. They're going to come back at some point. My guess is they cross paths again, they get back together. I don't know if it'll stick, but that's my prediction for Summer else. And again, I don't know anything. This is just my I've been around this rodeo for quite some time. That's my guess is they're gonna pull a Larsa Pippen, Marcus Jordan. We broke up, it's good TV. We get back together. It's better TV because the only thing people love more than a good breakup is a great redemption story. But my thanks to Lindsay. She is a great character. She's put herself out there for eight seasons on Summer House and it is hitting the airwaves on Bravo. So wish her the very best, and I wish the best for all of you. Thank you for joining me today. We will talk again soon because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.