Speaker 1: Do you mind if I crack these?
Speaker 2: Mary?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Mary, it's please Hayes's birthday today.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see if it's a joke in the bag.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a joke. I would never joke about Hayes's birthday, Mary. Not only is it my birthday, I turned forty today. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's when life gets.
Speaker 4: That's when it gets good right well for a podcast or it really means something. And I take being a forty year old podcaster very seriously. It's not a responsibility that I take lightly. Yeah, okay, Yeah, I understand the responsibility that comes with wearing that crown of being a forty year old podcaster. I've watched my boy here do it for a minute.
Speaker 1: And duct myself with grace, you know, And the whole time I've been thinking that's gonna be me. Someday.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be a forty year old.
Speaker 3: Podcast but it but it doesn't just happen. You got to put the time in.
Speaker 2: What changes do you think from thirty nine to forty in terms of podcasting.
Speaker 4: In terms of podcasting, they so the listeners, first of all, they go up a lot, a lot more people show up to listen to a forty year old podcaster.
Speaker 1: Because they know that you've got something to say.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's some worldly experience that you've garnered over the years and we all share audience.
Speaker 2: Did they become more mature along with you? Or and you leave those kids behind?
Speaker 4: Or we definitely have left a lot of people behind because they start coming from you once they turn forty. They want the chair, you know what I mean. So then the hunt is on. So then it becomes sort of like a battle royale type, like royal rumble.
Speaker 1: Type, King of the mountain.
Speaker 4: You're Queen of the mountain, you know, And so I know, I know they're watching. I know they want to see me fall and we'll find out and what I can do with the tree.
Speaker 1: It says happy birthday, hayes from Kevin, So personal, Kevin, How did did you write that yourself? Kevin? I did? Hi, guys, Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so dark.
Speaker 1: So creepy. You fell down the stairs, Kevin because it was so dark, it was so dark and slippery with my slippery socks. But uh, don't worry. I'm okay, fell I only landed on my back.
Speaker 4: But we've got to work on getting some new some new lighting you birthday, hay.
Speaker 1: You ever I have had them, I used to dance. Are you a fan? One of his jokes.
Speaker 3: Mary, you're sort of famous actually for baking pies, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Are you known as one?
Speaker 2: I am in my I am in my family. I didn't know that anyone outside my family was everyone's talk everyone.
Speaker 3: I see Hayes opening this confection, and I go, this reminds me of Mary and her famous pie baking. How is making a feel like baking a pie?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wait? What do we have? There's four of them? They all say Happy birthday, Hayes.
Speaker 2: You know cupcakes?
Speaker 1: Do their cupcakes? Do you want to do? You want to pick one out and we'll ship it over to you?
Speaker 2: Not really okay by happy Birthday? You only have four? I figure you should enjoy them. That and the I'm feeling like a little depression about a home ind decade, even though you're trying to make it sound all dressed.
Speaker 1: Wait and see, wait and see, wait and see.
Speaker 4: On this podcast in this decade, Mary, I can't wait to Really, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's really appropriate to talk to me about, you know, being depressed about turning forward.
Speaker 1: I needed you to hear hear this. Not that I'm depressed. I'm not. I needed you to hear that.
Speaker 4: This is when I enter my podcasting prime. And like I said, I knew that people like you would say, oh, he's depressed.
Speaker 1: Oh he can't do it.
Speaker 3: Everyone everyone is just assuming, Oh he's going to completely fall apart on the air and the show is just going to disintegrate. But Hayes is and I and I quote forty floorty and thriving.
Speaker 1: Got it, he's forty fan and five are you? And five?
Speaker 2: Pardon my lack of knowledge about your personal life? Have do you have a love?
Speaker 1: I do have a I do have a podcasting. It's right here. Her name's Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, little gal named Mike are a phone?
Speaker 2: You might be so, is that this is the very year you might meet an actual human love, you know, beyond your mic?
Speaker 1: You might Does that happen? Because I am told that it does not once you've actually connected to the mic in this way it did for you. Huh. So you got the last.
Speaker 2: The last, But I didn't have that Mike, you know, to to rival it. But yeah, yeah I did. I did fall in love at age forty.
Speaker 1: I hope they. I hope they're into a throutle because whoever shows up, they're.
Speaker 3: They're not replacing the figure out to work with the two as Mary talk about when you became such a big fan of Hollywood handbooks, what is it that made you want to do the podcast so much?
Speaker 1: Let's see and please take your time. I hate I hate when people just answer the question and show.
Speaker 2: I guess it was diversifying from just doing stuff on We're Here to help with Jake Johnson feeling and feeling like maybe a second podcast or.
Speaker 1: Show that shows a little nasty, little mean spirit.
Speaker 2: I think I think I was more the mean spirited one because I did call them up to complain about one of their shows, and so then Jake said, please don't waste these gems with just me on the phone. Let's put it on the air. So we did.
Speaker 4: You called him to complain about an episode that he had done that you were listening to recreationally.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I didn't have to do it, although it was around the same time we were starting to do a little press for The Dink and probably my vanity wonder if he would mention our movie. Yes, yes, yeah, but we did.
Speaker 3: We did make a film together, and let's get to that, I guess, and I don't really use this as like a promotional platform for my stuff usually, but we did make a film together. And I was curious because you have been in the business and you've you know, achieved some of the highest heights you can Was it kind of crazy to watch me do my thing out there?
Speaker 5: It was? Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's another reason why I wanted to come on this show, because I thought, maybe I'll get a little bit more of that. Sean. You know, I'll just come my way.
Speaker 4: You've done a lot of projects, but you hadn't seen anything like his quite like well, quite like that before. And no, and it must make you wonder what's going on with his co host as well?
Speaker 1: Huh? If that you got, it opens up that question. There's another one?
Speaker 2: I thought, Is there another one? Could lightning strike twice?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 2: I thought that was important. And and Sean, now are we speaking about your writing or your acting or.
Speaker 1: Just well I was going to say, was it strange at all that I wasn't to you? I know how I felt about it. Was it strange to you that I wasn't in front of the camera more.
Speaker 2: I wondered why you weren't it.
Speaker 1: Was missing a little bit. Maybe on the next one, we gotta we gotta sort that out.
Speaker 2: Was that Ben Stiller's choice.
Speaker 4: Because you're all it's it's it's Sean's voice, right, It's his name on the literally every single fucking word. So the answer is he was on camera, you were him, and.
Speaker 1: Oh we're bonded in that way. Mm hmmm. And Patton was him and Jake was him. Yeah, you have become me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate name in the cast in case I forgot one of them. But it's still a little early, unless unless.
Speaker 1: You air this little early to do press.
Speaker 2: Sometime in July, it's a little early to do press.
Speaker 4: So about that, Mary, like you were saying, you did a little press with Jake, it wasn't working.
Speaker 1: The thinking is that Sean, I didn't think I think you.
Speaker 4: I think I think I heard you say pretty obvious it wasn't working.
Speaker 1: We gave it a try. The Mary Jake combo.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a little bit of a competition from you, if I may, toward Jake, because it actually worked really really well.
Speaker 3: I that's so interesting, right, Yeah, that's literally not what you said.
Speaker 2: No, I said, I had a problem with something that he did on his podcast. Okay, And because he's, you know, very confident as a human being, he said, come on, just come on an air, right on the air and talk about it, and so we did.
Speaker 4: He did not find complaining about his podcast to be an attribute that he's looking for in someone that he's going on a whole press tour with. That's that's that's family, that's a big investment, you know what I mean. Complaining about a podcast that that's not going to work for the long haul. So we mix and match a little bit. Maybe maybe Sean jumps in the marriage chair mm hmmm, does a little press for the movie, Mary does press for this podcast.
Speaker 3: And if we're doing that and it's all promoting the industry, I can't help. But wonder is that going to work? Me and Jake we have no rapport. But if you were in the Jake chair, I.
Speaker 4: Could be in there as someone who would actually be objective m because I see, like when you they had me look at the press, and I'm like they are in the movie.
Speaker 3: It's hard to trust someone sometimes when they're talking about how great the movie is and they're in the movie. But you got Haze out there saying how how great it was on sort or whatever.
Speaker 4: I actually think, you know, or I will actually be objective. I would never ever betray the audience by saying something that I didn't fully commit to.
Speaker 2: I know, And right before we began this podcast, you did tell me how great you thought the movie was, that you'd seen it and you thought it was really really great, And I said, are we rolling now?
Speaker 1: I will be watching it again. He's got a double check.
Speaker 4: The idea that I would never watch it once one time kind of a long time ago.
Speaker 1: The world has changed a bit since then, Mary and the terrah.
Speaker 4: Of of the air that we breathe. It impacts how we perceive culture. I gotta see how the movie holds up.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're just saying that because you're older now?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the forty talking, But you know what, that's the forty talking.
Speaker 4: Maybe everyone else in the world is a little older too since I.
Speaker 1: Saw the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not by like a whole decade, you know, not.
Speaker 1: Like big milestone. Yeah not. Everyone's hitting one of.
Speaker 4: Those, right, So I guess it's not good press to say that seeing the dink made me age an entire decade, while everyone else.
Speaker 1: Stayed sort of youthful aging on the normal time.
Speaker 4: So this is maybe an example of what Jake was talking about when he said, tell it to let her down easy.
Speaker 1: She is no longer doing press on this movie.
Speaker 4: You figure out who doesn't wait, which I wanted to I understand if you're busy.
Speaker 2: He called you and said that to you.
Speaker 1: He told you, he told us, he said a lot of things. He keeps calling.
Speaker 2: Sean, and I've talked to you multiple times in the last a few weeks. I even played pickleball with you once. Yeah, and you never mentioned you never told me that I'm not doing press visial.
Speaker 1: It didn't come up. It didn't come up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Because they were saying this score, and we're saying this is it, this is you know, good shot, a memorable points, any points that you remember from the game, any funny things.
Speaker 2: He said, Well, I'm having trouble remembering anything right now. This does come It's a pretty big shock to me. I sort of say, the month of July to be doing the press about the movie. Yeah, like Apple TV did say, I hope you're free for July.
Speaker 4: Well, I am, but now, yeah, you've been thinking of picking up I could recommend.
Speaker 1: One win it.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna be I was not going to be big ball because that's gonna be a little sad now.
Speaker 1: And you'll have to play with because Sean will be doing well.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be doing all the press Jake and Hayes is going to be doing the press with me, and I don't know what Jake's going to be doing either.
Speaker 4: So maybe that's what you meant when you thought I was depressed, Mary, because he's doing all Maybe what you were picking up on is that I'm doing every last bite of depress.
Speaker 2: Oh man, ah, now.
Speaker 1: She get it. I can tell you really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: See what that Mike is your love? Man, I can see what that Mike is your love?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well to get into it sometimes.
Speaker 4: But uh was climbing in the same bed at the end of the day, me and Mike.
Speaker 5: Mary, what uh.
Speaker 1: When did you start looking this podcast together? Did you say twenty four hours?
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: Call me yeah and said, but I have watched three today?
Speaker 1: Well I was three.
Speaker 3: I mean I only knew about one, but I was promised I was promised.
Speaker 1: Actually a fun fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So one of them was Bill Macy, who, let's be honest, is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: He's begging me. I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: I'll take your word for it that he was amazing. I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 2: I thought, in spite of everything, that guy kept that thing going and it was fascinating. He was fascinating to me.
Speaker 3: That record, Well, I couldn't see I couldn't see any cuts.
Speaker 1: There's no cuts the visible Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah no.
Speaker 1: The editor.
Speaker 4: Well, well, here's my fun you have a fun fact about him. All the ones I have are brutal.
Speaker 2: Well, my fun fact is that we both have been on Doctor Henry Lewis Gates show Finding Your Root.
Speaker 1: That's to me that Skip.
Speaker 2: Skip Gates. It is Skip. I didn't realize you guys were close.
Speaker 1: But so Doctor.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the thing, they look to see if you have anybody that's been on their show that actually you are related to. And I am a cousin of Bill Macy's and he is a cousin of mine, and we share a fascinating person. Many fought like five or six generations back. Grandfather you know, great, great, great great great whatever that is who he came to America from Amsterdam and he enlisted in the army during the French and Indian War, and he was so badly behaved, such a drunk and a womanizer that officials in the army wrote a letter that was that they showed me to his commanding officer saying, if you don't get Peter Steinbergen under control, not only is he going to get kicked out of the army, but you are too. And his commanding officer that this was sent to was George Washington.
Speaker 1: Wow, so my.
Speaker 2: Many greats back grandfather could have changed human history. And Bill Macy is also connected to that guy. And then he kind of they sent him out to you know, what was then known as Indian Territory and thought maybe he'll be fine out there. He wasn't. He got in trouble out there. Then they kicked him out, basically of the army. So he found a very wealthy widow and married her and opened like an inn in a tavern and had children of which I'm a descendant. And then when he was fifty five years old, he went back to fight in the Revolutionary War with George Washington, who just couldn't get enough of him, and he actually did some really heroic things at the age of fifty five, which was a very old man at that time.
Speaker 3: Mary, Mary, So, Mary, I'm a very important, very important question about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, does lin Manuel Miranda know about this? I mean, has he been made aware?
Speaker 2: No, you're waiting for your half, So I do own the rights. I on the rights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any stem Virgin the musical Mary famously not a virgin steering you up?
Speaker 1: Yes of Virgin and party there or yeah there after binging the Virgin. M I'm fifty five, but I'm still alive and how I thrive.
Speaker 3: It's old for now, but later, Wow, you're gonna think it's not that bad. Hayes is forty and he's florty. I mean, the whole thing is just.
Speaker 1: Flowing out of me. And I'm not even lind Man.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I haven't read the Linn Manual yet. You know, I'm just a guy.
Speaker 2: So I think maybe you should write as Sean, because I don't know if you have much else to do?
Speaker 1: Mike, did I have much else to do? Interesting? Interesting way to free it?
Speaker 5: I know I gave you he.
Speaker 1: Has an entire month has to do in July.
Speaker 3: I have a ton of appearances, and I gotta have a lot to explain before that one why I'm in Mary's chair.
Speaker 4: One issue I see with doing this as a musical, something like I don't know if you know you know we're friends with Skip.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this about his show. That entire thing he didn't.
Speaker 2: Know till till today. It was your idea.
Speaker 1: No, the entire thing is made up.
Speaker 4: Every single thing you were saying, like he's just like riffing.
Speaker 1: He's like he has.
Speaker 4: A bunch of photos, have like old people, like letters, people from the old letters and stuff. But like it's sort of a slow burn, like ancestral punk, and so it's he waits a while to kind of do the reveal, but and Bill's challenge and Bill is in on it. Bill picked you Actually, I gotta get married. She's in my crosshairs.
Speaker 2: And do you think does Harvard also know about it?
Speaker 4: Like Harvard Harvard Harvard Harvard is like.
Speaker 1: A great sense of humor and the lampoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's like funny and it's like everyone's making money.
Speaker 3: Insane sense of humor and it's crazy and yes again wealth and just like and and fun and quite frankly, obviously I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 3: The target that they're picking is somebody often who could stand to be like take it down a peg?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: And when did what? What do you think I did that made people feel like I needed to be taken down?
Speaker 1: And well Bell was talking, yeah, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is related, Like he was coming in here talking about like he was like, god, I could I could really use a break. I just found out how someone called cousin bird braid in my family, and I wonder if that was you?
Speaker 1: Was he called? Do you think that was Mary? He was calling cousin bird braid?
Speaker 3: But was that Well I'm confused by this, if I can be honest, because he was saying that was about Mary. But we're saying that it was a prank, which is true that he hit orchestra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I like, was he so deep in character? I think he was.
Speaker 4: I think confused as well. I think he was probably really in character.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine year.
Speaker 3: Old Hayes I don't think would have introduced the cousin bird braide. I well, well, after I like both ideas but I think we have to pick one.
Speaker 2: See, I feel like it is on the kind of more immature side of Hayes and not this happened.
Speaker 1: Ye, So.
Speaker 3: In terms of you being taken down a peg, like like why that would need to happen or something, I guess like.
Speaker 1: If you have to ask, you can't afford it, and that's what we say. I know I can take it.
Speaker 2: I really no, I can take it, and like were complained.
Speaker 1: You can afford it? Yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you mean BA before, but I can deal with it. And I'm curious and I feel like I feel like if that's the rep I have out the world, the kind of insular world of Hollywood, it's better that I know now from a good friend like you. So it was it something on the Dink? Or is it something that the dream the sort of forty eight years of my career before the Dink? Was it all that?
Speaker 1: I think it was? Yeah, I think it was actually before that. I think it was when you were working at Sticky for my Oscar, weren't you. It was it was pre Oscar and it was what was the magic?
Speaker 2: Yes, No, there was no Sticky And you love that word I will say, you love that word sticky in the movie too. But I worked at the Magic Pan, which was a creppery, and I wore a little French twenty four not crappy, not crappy. And then it's beneath the new you. But anyway it was. It was I wore a little French dirndal And and I looked like a twenty four year old girlfriend Arkansas, trying to look French. And we served all kinds of crops, both savory and sweet, and you had to serve the creps with a smile of the crep pointing up. Do you understand what I mean by that?
Speaker 1: I do, But Hayes needs help. I think, well he just ate.
Speaker 2: A whole red having a sugar rush.
Speaker 1: We don't know what Kevin putt it is.
Speaker 4: Wait that the creepe has a face like a man smiling.
Speaker 2: No, nope, but the smile of it.
Speaker 1: And this was the story when you're telling the story was instructional. I think it would be. He wants you to be able to tell the story for.
Speaker 4: Your audience to say the crape doesn't have a face like a man, because now I'm picturing But like the people who were listening, are like, thinking about this thing smiling at you.
Speaker 3: And if I could Mary maybe face like a person, because I actually think women can have faces too.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so he wants to smile. You think women should smile more. That's why you got it a he does say this, that's what of comedy. Don't make that little curve the curve of the grape.
Speaker 2: They called in our instructional film that you had to sit and watch in a little cubicle when you were hired. It told you that the smile of the crape had to.
Speaker 3: Be And this is when I think, this is when I think they were saying you need to be taken down a peg.
Speaker 1: Is when you were watching the instructional film and you went, I could do that.
Speaker 3: You're watching the movie and you go, that should be me. And then you go off and make a bunch of movies to like prove that you're better than the magic Pan instructional video.
Speaker 2: That's what happened, and they freaking retired my locker. Okay, so I'm really I'm really okay with the fact that before I truly entered the business, people were talking trash about me because I think I redeemed myself in the last like forty eight years or so, except for maybe with that guy, and I can't I'm pointing it.
Speaker 5: Hey, is.
Speaker 4: It possible that they retired the locker because you left something stinky in it, like, oh, like extra slice bananas or something like that that you had tried to steal from the magic pan. You were sort of stashing them and your walk or thinking you could maybe flip them statations.
Speaker 1: You could tell us now, I was just stinking bananas in the lugger.
Speaker 2: There was not you know what. I was so so tired of eating there because I got two dollars and ninety five cents worth of free food every time, every shift I worked that I couldn't look at a crypt for like twenty years after that.
Speaker 4: Wow, And everyone who smiles at you you must be kind of thinking.
Speaker 1: Great, here comes a crape Yeah, damn, that's tough. Damn crapehead.
Speaker 5: Wollywood Ham, Whollywood Ham.
Speaker 3: Now, when Aaron Chen was on the show, he talked a lot about being unhappy with the film that we did, and specifically that he thought the that it was confusing and that the pickleball should be changed to something else, and wondering if we break back into the edit, which it seems like we're probably going to do for that. Is there anything you would like to change?
Speaker 4: He said it should be shaped like an Australian football, which I only found it much later.
Speaker 1: Is a rock?
Speaker 4: Really, it's just a it's not even like a specific shape. They just have a lot of the materials down there.
Speaker 1: It's all. It's all different shapes. It's just rocks.
Speaker 3: They're really nice, but they just don't have a lot of the stuff yet. Yeah, but is there anything of work?
Speaker 5: Well, I think I did.
Speaker 2: I I mean, I do think there's a mistake in the film. And I already informed you of it, and actually informed Josh of it, and uh, well, Josh says, don't change it. A lot of people are going to comment.
Speaker 1: We're going to be hearing about it.
Speaker 3: I mentioned it to Jake as well, and it's seems like he doesn't think they're going to change it. And I think we are going to get some comments. And you know what I say, at least they're talking about me.
Speaker 1: I think we all want to hear the mistake.
Speaker 4: Come on to get some clap in the booth to hear the mistake in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these guys want to hear it. Everybody's excited about the mistake.
Speaker 3: I don't think legally, I'm not even sure we're allowed to talk about the mistake yet.
Speaker 2: Well, you're the one that asked me the question. If you're asking me, am I unhappy about? Did I understand the movie? I feel like I understood it, and I felt pretty good about my pickleball prowess, even though I was kind of a beginner.
Speaker 4: So this is I just want to go back to the press thing. I'm really starting to see what Jake was talking about when people when people agree. I don't want to give you a line read, Okay, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I have to say, did you understand the movie? I'm you? This is you now? All right, So I'm going to say, Mary, when I talked to Hayes.
Speaker 3: Mary, don't answer because I am right now okay, And they do ask this, they do.
Speaker 2: Why are you guys talking to me like so down to me that you think I don't understand your little play play?
Speaker 4: Just really, I'm trying to set you up for success here, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So all right, so I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Now everybody here is going to respond, h.
Speaker 1: Do you understand the.
Speaker 3: Okay, that actually went really well, let's do it again.
Speaker 4: And that actually gets to a different note, which is Jake did mention when they start to direct a question that you and you do press and they say, Mary, you always do say what just like that back foot a little bit.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't see the harm in it. It just it just means I'm listening. It's a way of saying yes, someone the edge of my see what are you going to ask me?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Okay, Yes, it's an active listening trait. He did say a little more aggressive that there was a little more of a what now you again, and it would be like, you know, MARYO Lopez, one of our treasured Mary.
Speaker 2: I would never talk to the beautifully perfectly dimpled man in that rude way, and I'm sure I never have. Okay, ahead, ask the question. I'll restrain myself.
Speaker 1: From an I got canceled. Did you know that, Mary, I'm so sorry to tell you this now. Did you know.
Speaker 4: That that Mary Lopez is no longer on the air doing Access Hollywood?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry. Now this is literally the only way to access Hollywood. This podcast is now the only way to access Hollywood. I'm so slow. All the other gates are locked.
Speaker 4: Jake said to tell you while I was breaking news to you that you were going to do press, he said, to tell you that access Hollywood with Mary.
Speaker 3: A little sugar with your medicine, because it's like, well, I'm not doing the press, but then also Mary Lopez.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be there, and so do I really want to go? Did you understand the movie? Yes? Yes? Feel how confident?
Speaker 4: That's how you really let them know at home that you know what the movie is.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Felt good here as well. Mary, You're you a gain.
Speaker 2: I'm still waiting for you to talk to Mary. That's what you said you're about to.
Speaker 1: You didn't say Mary this time, I know I got no he got scared. Yeah, I got really scared. It's hot in here, Mary, I've been scared all day. It's it's it's this is way hotter where before?
Speaker 2: Why were you scared? Why were you scared me? Was it we worried about interviewing me due to my legendary.
Speaker 1: Status economy steam Virgin.
Speaker 2: Or were you more worried that you were going to have to let me know that all these years people have been talking trash about me, and that you're the one that had.
Speaker 3: To do that part I was excited about, just because I love having a secret.
Speaker 1: Is there anything better? It's the currency of this industry. You can tell you we like to gossip, don't we, Mary, We're nice, but we don't.
Speaker 2: I'm learning so much. I'm starting to feel bad about the fact that when I said a bad word in front of one of your children and I I instantly wanted to put it back in my mouth. It was just a like unconscious moment, and I have worried about it and felt bad about it ever since then. And as of today. One good thing about today is I feel I can let that go.
Speaker 1: What'd you say, Venus?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: But I'm not No, I'm not going to say it just in case one of his kids is listening to this podcast.
Speaker 1: They don't, and likely yeah, they'd be the only ones. Right.
Speaker 2: You go every day? Where do they think you go? Every day?
Speaker 1: They don't even ask, They don't even ask.
Speaker 2: Wow, But you go out there and shoot the hoops with your son. Isn't he curious about your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I may as well be a you know, tackling dommie out there for all, he's concerned.
Speaker 1: He's not very good at basketball.
Speaker 2: Well, your son's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I mean he's trying to tackle guys. Yeah, Sean may as well be a tackling though. Now it's true for the song he's concerned. The sun appears to know about different sports, but he seems to be playing them all at once, And suddenly he's got different pieces of equipment on.
Speaker 1: He's got a skate.
Speaker 3: No, it's concerning, but it's so it's like it's hard to even get in anything about the podcast at that point. Explaining a podcast to a little kid is not something I would wish on basically my worst enemy, you know, right, I get.
Speaker 4: That it's like the radio, but what what's.
Speaker 2: That he doesn't he doesn't like use bad words and then say that lady on that pickleball movie is the one that told me that word. He doesn't do you well, he'd.
Speaker 4: Save the lady from finding your roots. He's a he's a he's a big finding friendly.
Speaker 3: Interesting that lady that doctor Skip was talking to taught me that word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I feel better about that. Strangely, since so much about the Dink is now falling away from me. I'm not I'm not going to be promoting it. I've been replaced by you guys. Aaron Chen, who I thought I had a real rapport with him, really liked talk trash about it and didn't even understand it.
Speaker 4: He said, actually, and I was trying to soft pedal it to you a little bit Mery. He actually said that that you and your character should be replaced with him.
Speaker 3: Australia football. Australian was football. It would be like, now there's a Rock in the movie and it's just like you know which when I by the way, when I heard that, I said, probably not Aaron, because I'm not you know, I'm not just going to roll over for everything that he.
Speaker 4: Says, like he said, Aaron, that strike one. Yeah, he said that. I said, we're probably not going to do that.
Speaker 3: You hear me, Probably, I said, unlikely at best.
Speaker 2: I had a pretty big part in the movie. It's going to be pretty expensive for you guys to go back here.
Speaker 1: I brought that up. The cost I said that, yeah, I said that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, financially, it's not even viable even if we wanted to, which I don't.
Speaker 4: And this Rock's lawyer is really really then, yeah, over a barrel the rock has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not even the rock, it's all rock. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, if it was the Rock, I would at least understand it a little bit better.
Speaker 3: That's interesting to think. That's interesting to picture. If the movie was exactly the same, but the rock was doing your role, that's interesting to picture. I don't think it's a better movie, but it would get some attention.
Speaker 4: That's easier too, for a super like superimposing him over you like he's he's bigger than you.
Speaker 1: I hope that's okay to say.
Speaker 2: You seem to pretty much the only thing you notice has a difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now we've got to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean, I guess it's time to give Kevin if you want to play the music for this segment.
Speaker 1: This is the differences between Mary's Steam Virgin and the Rock. So we're gonna go.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gonna go through their top five differences between Mary Steam Virgin and the Rock. Bigger is off the board. He is bigger.
Speaker 4: He uses the people's elbow. You use the people's chin. That's your special move. Your tattoos are scarier.
Speaker 1: You, he says. He calls people.
Speaker 4: Jabbroni's you say the word button the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you say button in front of kids.
Speaker 3: He played for the University of Miami.
Speaker 2: You didn't go to college except for one year.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: He he. He had a sitcom called Young Rock. You of course grew up near Little Rock.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I find that charming. Actually, I don't know what the big problem is.
Speaker 1: I think could replace nobody's Yeah. No one's saying it's not charming. We're saying it works great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm from North Little Rock, just for those of you in Arkansas who are listening or watching.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he said near Little Rock and you're you're North Little Rock.
Speaker 2: Really star, it's important. It's important to people because the people in Little Rock think they're better than the people in North Little Rock. So I always make sure I say I'm from North Little Rock because we are. I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad was prey trained conductor. The tracks were in North Little Rock, so that's where we lived.
Speaker 1: What was on the tra lived on the tracks.
Speaker 4: No, people talk about living out on the wrong side of the tracks, but being on the side is so much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Bright side. Yeah, it was definitely on this side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just being above the tracks is so good.
Speaker 2: You know, we had a thing where we could go anywhere in the United States for free, and we used it by going back and forth from uh North Little Rock to Newport, Arkansas. That's where we went.
Speaker 1: Because the whole world is your oyster at that point, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I knew someday I was going to break out go to the big city, and I did. But we're not talking about any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, what's your favorite part of places favorite part?
Speaker 2: I think what I feel since we're talked a little bit about age. I feel kind of proud of us though, because I feel like at a certain point in my life, if I heard that I was pretty much being replaced in a movie I really loved doing by a great, big, handsome man we couldn't get him.
Speaker 3: I would it is a rock, it's not the rock, no, but it just still.
Speaker 2: But I was going to be replaced by our rock by then, and that I was not going to be doing the press, and in fact the writer and his friend who didn't but doing my press. If I had heard this when I was younger, I think I was more insecure, and I think it would have probably.
Speaker 3: Could have felt negative, that could have that could have felt negative and certain at certain points.
Speaker 2: And I think I think it would have.
Speaker 4: But you know what, can I just interrupt you before, just before you finish, please do not say whatever word you said in front of Sean's kid. I can tell that you're gearing up. Want we want to I want to be able to clip this. But what's your favorite part of the show? Thing is like usually, well, if you.
Speaker 2: Ever, if you ever have chance to watch the movie step Brothers, you'll definitely hear the word come out of my mouth. But but I'm just gonna say that I feel fine, it's not step brothers.
Speaker 3: No, pretty good guess though, well, I mean they got they must say that.
Speaker 2: In the movie or else will they say it in the movie?
Speaker 1: Steps?
Speaker 2: Not the word, It's not a word that you would have said. Don't say that.
Speaker 4: The idea of step brother I mean, I don't know. I don't really want my son being well.
Speaker 3: Having to explain step brothers to my kids. And now it's like they're like, am I a step brother? When can I have a step brother? Like you know, why why?
Speaker 1: Why will you?
Speaker 3: And mom go get us some step brothers already, and like it just becomes like.
Speaker 1: This whole thing cases Mike. Yeah, now mom's got the idea.
Speaker 3: She goes mind bringing in a step brother, you know what I mean, a step dad as well.
Speaker 1: Now I'm pushed out of the picture. I'm squeezed out. I'm being replaced by.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Okay, the Revolutionary War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting the full steam Virgin.
Speaker 2: I hope you handle it with the grace. I'm handling it with right now. Finding it out on international radio, Slash TV, Slash podcast that all this has happened to me and I'm dealing with it. I'm just rolling with it.
Speaker 1: Marry, cheeburger choice. Cheeseburger choice, cheeseburger choice. Go oh, cheeseburger choice. What do you mean by Hollywood Hamburg