Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans. See DKG dot co slash bball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Check this out on Joe Lebron has a number.
Speaker 2: Lebron has on a number of occasions come close to reunited with Kyrie. The Lakers have pursued him several times, but those deals never materialize. Lebron said, don't mind the game podcast. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 5: So fucking happy and so proud and to watch him and continue his growth and whatever the case, man being at the same time, I'm so fucking mad at the same time that I am not his running mate anymore.
Speaker 2: Perk when had this to say today, he said, here we go again, le Bron weaseling his way into somebody else's moment. This is not about you. Your team is at home. This is about the Math and the Celtic. But yet you're so mad and disappointed that you're not Kyrie Irvin's running mate anymore.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 1: But what is what is Purk? What is Perk talking about? Perk is on ESPN right, and he talks in comic. He talks and commentates and and gives a suggestion to the ideas on whoever's plan or whatever's going on.
Speaker 6: Everybody's been talking about Kyrie.
Speaker 1: That was his podcast with jam and he's he's being facetious. For one, He's being facetious about obviously because they I.
Speaker 6: Wish he was my roommate.
Speaker 1: Why because he's one of the most skills basketball players of all goddamn time that I used to play with.
Speaker 6: How is that making it about? How's that making it about?
Speaker 2: I can't say he's one of the Lebron also said he's one of the most He's one of the most, if not the most skill player in NBA history. And I'm extremely happy for him considering some of the things that he went through. Kyrie has mature, Kyrie has grown. We don't need to rehash everything that he's done, but he has grown.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I am so proud of him for becoming the man that we see today.
Speaker 3: Man, he ain't not running make no more that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, they just find they just finding there, They're finding a reason. They're finding a reason to say that Lebron is inserting himself in something that everyone else is inserting themselves in.
Speaker 6: The same thing.
Speaker 1: Everyone is talking about Kyrie. They talking about how he's matured his growth to this point. Obviously obviously going to play in Boston, everybody talking about the same shit. But obviously obviously when Lebron says something because he used to play with him, and they cut out all the good stuff he said, just to say, oh, now he's inserting himself.
Speaker 6: Well, it's god dwn Lebron.
Speaker 1: Anything he says and pertaining to basketball is going to be talked about. Hell, the Lakers that took over the goddamn headlines and they're not even playing.
Speaker 3: The damn Listen.
Speaker 2: This is simple when it comes to Perk, when it comes to Paul Pierce, whatever they say about Lebron, you just don't pay attention to it.
Speaker 3: Because they are Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: Fans and the number one enemy of them was Lebron James.
Speaker 3: He is a trigger to them.
Speaker 2: They hate him with all the hate that they can possibly hate, right, so they're gonna turn it anyway.
Speaker 3: That's just them, So you just go with it. Now.
Speaker 2: Reality is what happened this summer, Kay called Lebron, meaning they are on good terms, mean and their friends. They work out with each other, in the summer. These guys are friends, they hate gut. They were trying to figure out how to team. That's that's reality.
Speaker 3: So with Lebron or.
Speaker 2: Any player, right, I see the guy that I had at a young age.
Speaker 3: Help me win championship. He helped me win a championship for my city.
Speaker 2: Right. No one can say that, but Kai Kai can say, hey, man, I help you, my shot, help.
Speaker 3: You become a staple in this city.
Speaker 2: My shot did that, and Lebron can say you goddamn right, yes, right, So.
Speaker 3: There's there's respect.
Speaker 2: There's real true ging you with respect on what I did with Lebron in that Cleveland era. He went on to try to be his own man, and it got rough for him these last few years. So I'm genuinely happy to see him. He be longs right, that's all this was. I get to see like this is where he belonged. His legacy gets to really get cleaned up now, and I that's where it's coming from. Yeah, it should. And so in other words, I shouldn't be this way. I said I shouldn't be. Oh, I shouldn't have said it. Just waiting after the finals. Then I can see, no, Bro, I'm on my podcast. Man, look, we want a title.
Speaker 6: Say what you want to say, Say what you want to say.
Speaker 2: Both of us probably could have handled some things differently. Kyrie has matured immensely. He'll tell you himself. He went through some things in Boston. He's spoken about that, he's found a wife, got kids. He is at a different place at his life.
Speaker 6: Mentally.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people like sometimes it takes you a little longer to mature. Everybody doesn't mature at the exact same age. It's just like fruit. You could plan, you could plant a tree, oh Joe, and it bear fruit. All the fruit ain't right but at the same time. But they can't expect there's to be an age in which everybody is mature. There's sometimes eighteen. Sometimes you have to mature a lot earlier. Well, whatever the case is, Kyrie's at peace and and and lebron and saying, Man, this dude here, I am so glad. Whether it's redemption to high change or not, whatever term you want to use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pissed off.
Speaker 2: Man, he ain't my running mate because I know what me and this guy can do.
Speaker 3: We won one. Yeah, and had they not win got KD. We don't want to.
Speaker 2: Spot and if you would have got hurt in the first one, we could have won out exactly exactly. So I don't have I don't have a problem with Lebron, with Lebron saying what he said. So, oh Joe, check this out. Oh Joe, NW you're to say, it's time for the soccer experience. Tell us about your the TST soccer experience.
Speaker 1: Oh man, listen this this TST tournament, uh experience down here his soccer experience. Tournament man for a million dollars was awesome. It was really awesome. For the for all the people that that put this together, the people that had something to do with it. Uh.
Speaker 6: This is the second year running. It's great. We have we have we have teams from all over the place.
Speaker 1: Burnley, f C, Wrexham, who else we have in.
Speaker 6: Milano? We we didn't We didn't win.
Speaker 3: Again, would you did your team win? O Joe?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Stopping? So did y'all get the trophy? Did y'all get the money?
Speaker 6: We didn't get the trophy? At the games is not over.
Speaker 3: It's get can win? Can y'all win the tournament?
Speaker 6: The tournament?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: No, Unfortunately, we can't win. You can't win Okay, we can't win. But outside of that part, outside of that part, you don't understand how many people, how many people at this soccer match, even the players, players that don't even live here, players in Italy, players in Spain, players in Paris that they here to play this game, that watch night cap and enjoyed. For those of you that I met, and I thank you. I appreciate y'all for watching. I appreciate y' all for subscribing. I love y'all.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Obviously, my team, the Natty sc Mike, thank you again for allowing me, the rest of my teammates welcoming me with open arms, even though I don't have a background in soccer, but you welcome me like I'm one of your own. I'm gonna keep working. I'm gonna keep working the next year. Next year, we're gonna win that million dollars. I promise you that we're gonna win that million dollars. But the atmosphere is unbelievable. It's unbelievable, and I'm excited. I'm excited, and this is what makes soccer to me, How it's getting so much better here in the States. When you have people coming from everywhere, and this has to be one of the greatest, greatest tournaments to me in my eyes, don't I don't know much about any other tournaments that they have throughout the States, but this is awesome, and this is something that I really look forward to each and every year. And I mean, if you haven't had a chance to experience with those that are watching watching the chat, you got to come out here next year and check out the TST Soccer Tournament for a million bucks.
Speaker 6: It's awesome and there's some so listen. Yeah, yeah, of course I play what you mean, I play the nine.
Speaker 3: I play up top.
Speaker 1: But listen, listen you you wouldn't know who they are chat those of you that understand soccer. Uh Nani Nani's here, Bala Telly was supposed to play with Balla Telli didn't come.
Speaker 6: Sergio, Sergio Guerrero is here. He had the team. There's some other.
Speaker 3: McAfee.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, yeah, we we lost to Pat McAfee. Listen, yeah, yeah, that was my team. Hey, listen, stay with me, stay with me that baby. Listen, Pat McAfee team. But the boys could play JJ Way team he had, Hey, jj Watt had Burnley f c. I don't know who the wingers was on jj WAT team. Well boy, they supposed to be playing on Saturday mornings or Sunday mornings in the Premier League.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I mean, you don't understand soccer like that.
Speaker 1: But I really, I really the way you, the way you forced me to get into basketball to be able to talk it and and understand the game. I got to get you in the soccer in some way shape form of fashion so you can understand the beautiful game. And why I'm so passionate about it. But this this tournament, man, it's this past two three days, there's been nothing but but fucking amazing meeting great players, great coaches, it's just just just.
Speaker 6: Great people in general.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think I'm so passionate about it because I was never able to do it as a kid, and it's something that I always want to do. So anytime I get the opportunity, I take it. I take it serious. And I thank all my teammates. I thought, I thank the fans from Cincinnati that that that flew all the me to Carrie, North Carolina. I appreciate y'all, And again my teammates, Mike thank you for having me. I love you, guys, and I'll see you next year and I'll make sure I come back and train four year.
Speaker 6: So I look like now.
Speaker 2: Miami Dolphins head coach Mike and Big Dan, you have an unusual motivational tactic.
Speaker 3: Take a listen to what he said, Guys.
Speaker 7: We need to finish the season better. So you get what you emphasize. Well, why not find ways to emphasize finishing in everything you do?
Speaker 6: Obsess about it?
Speaker 7: Why not.
Speaker 6: Have you know for half the off season.
Speaker 7: You know you're you're trying to have staff meetings at different times during the day, and I had every every staff meeting I put like at seven twenty four or three twenty four or five twenty four. Like the number twenty four. Okay, you guys, it means nothing. That's how many years it's been since the organizations won a playoff game. We are going to hear about that come playoff time. You think, so to me, you do that to empower guys to know what's coming, to understand it, to not run from it. Because if you're going to achieve success where people are predicting failure, you're gonna have to go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: I like, I like the tactic. Like I like the tactic. I mean, I'm not superstitious. I understand it's been twenty four years, but I like where he's going with it. It sends a nice message. You know, it starts somewhere. It has to start somewhere, someone taking it serious. I think what we need to focus on, obviously, me being from Miami Liberty City, I'm from Dade County, born and raised into three oh five born a Jackson Memorial Hospital, Jerry.
Speaker 6: Ninth, nineteen sixty eight. What we need to.
Speaker 1: Work on is our playoff playing in the playoffs when it's not hot weather. I think that's all we need to do. Whenever it comes to playing in cold weather in the postseason, we don't play well.
Speaker 2: You'll never play in the playoffs and in clement weather in the history of the Dolphins when you had to go to Buffalo, when you have to go someplace other than for the most part, unless you play in Miami. Yeah, and a matter of fact, we've said it breaks off y'all in two thousand and one and it was seventy five and sunny.
Speaker 1: But outside of that game you're talking about, we just need to play well in cold weather.
Speaker 3: I don't think y'all went to the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, what I.
Speaker 2: Don't think y'all want a playoff game since since yeah one, the last time you have won a playoff gain like two thousand.
Speaker 6: It's been, it's been, it's been. Yeah, it's been.
Speaker 1: It's been a long as two thousand. I think it's it's been. It's been a long time. It's been a long time. But then I think that's one of our issues.
Speaker 6: You know. I like the idea.
Speaker 1: I like what Mike is going with it, but again that three twenty four, that means nothing.
Speaker 6: We need to be we need we need to play better.
Speaker 3: What the time to do it?
Speaker 2: So is coming to a meeting twenty four minutes after the hour? How does that help you play better on the road? It just it just it's a building tactic. I guess it's I'm not I'm not superstitious. It's something that he's doing that I think the players and the coaches can rally around and just and build off of that.
Speaker 6: I think they think they can build off of that.
Speaker 1: But again, what have come down to what the elephant in the room is, we need to play well in the postseason in the cold weather.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's all to come.
Speaker 3: Who is this rolling up? Right?
Speaker 2: Most some of those players on the team wasn't even born when this twenty four years ago. You got twenty two and twenty three role players on that. So no one on there has been. This doesn't affect nothing but the dude who owned it for twenty four The.
Speaker 3: Rest of us we got, he had it, that loan, he just he just bought it.
Speaker 2: So basically all of this is for no one because no one has anything tied to these twenty four years. You want to round me up, coach, tell me you're gonna give me ten passes the day God damnitis. Yeah right, you trick me. You want my juices flowing, tell me you're coming. You're calling my name mother man, you I don't give. I don't care what your speechless about. I'm trying to get to my music so I can get to.
Speaker 3: Get hit out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but one thing I can tell you, the Dolphins win the a f C East. I can tell you that, so we're gonna be in position.
Speaker 3: You know, when you have three game lead over Buffalo, that will happened.
Speaker 6: I heard, I heard, I heard you this is the new year. Why are you talking about last week?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about what I'm talking Hey, days up things, We're gonna do this here.
Speaker 2: If they loved last year, so why while they're doing something in twenty twitter while they're doing twenty four after that?
Speaker 3: Would last year listen that I had.
Speaker 1: I have nothing to I have nothing to do with his idea on what he's doing with three twenty four and four twenty four and five twenty four. I'm telling you what we as Dolphin fans and players. Well I got cut down count. But anyway, listen, I'm telling you what we need to do. We need to be We need to play Petter Petter in the postseason. We're winning the AFC AFC East. That's that's chalk it up, I'm telling you. And then with post Heedson comes, we need tour to show up and show out. That's it, and we're gonna be all right, gonna pare.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, matter of fact, God damn.
Speaker 1: We need to pay our goddamn quarterback and stop having the man waiting around like listen, the numbers of the numbers, what he's done so far to this point, it is what it is. Just pay the man man got my Samoan Warrior fucking waiting and ship.
Speaker 3: So what they're gonna do, right Reek? Oh we right a way?
Speaker 1: Wait hold on, Oh listen, they're Finna as they're finnask, They're gonna askbody.
Speaker 6: They they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: It because soon as Justin Jefferson just went so Ceedee Lamb is up next, and then Jamar Chase and Ceedee Lamb. They probably waiting to see who go first, and they try to overlap each other.
Speaker 6: But either way, Tyreek is gonna overlap everybody else.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm sure they'll probably take take some years off the back end and load it up on the front end for Tyreek and the signing bonus.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Give me a hundred million, guarantee me a hundred million, give me give me sixty five seventy the side, Hey Joe, you can have you can add five four years to the back end.
Speaker 3: I just let me get for three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the back the back of the back of no matter, because that for purposes.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Gilah, Okay, when when you when when you the deal? You just said, give me about what sixty five seventy five signing bonus?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that. That's that sign as soon as as soon as you before the ink drive. Let me get that.
Speaker 6: Well obviously it's split up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They don't give you know, um baby, maybe about full payments on what you think about FO.
Speaker 2: A lot of times what they do ojo, we will say, okay, we'll give you. Okay, let's just say I gotta I gotta give you seventy million dollars. That's that's what, right, and so I'll give you forty of it, and I got to give you the other payment, uh before March fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sign it? Wait a minute, hold on?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so yeah, they all that signing bonus comes in one year, and then what happens the rest Then I get a say, I get a base salary, which is probably for a guy that's making that money. The base salary for a rookie is probably million million two. So he'll get that and then the next year he'll start making like eight million, ten million dollars. So the first because all I'm looking at the first three years, how much am I gonna make the first three years?
Speaker 3: All that other stuff.
Speaker 1: Six year deal, that's the that's yeah, that's the real money.
Speaker 3: Gil.
Speaker 1: The real money is your first three year and then and then and then you can break it down. Obviously you got to take taxes. So whatever, if it's eighty million, chop that and a half. It's really forty forty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean stay tax baby, Oh, we got to stay tax.
Speaker 3: And so that's that's just for gil. That's just for so I can pro rate it.
Speaker 2: So if I give you a six year deal, let's just say I give you a six year deal and I give you one hundred and one hundred and eighty million, and I and I got to give you like one hundred million guaranteed. I want to pro rate it as long as I can to keep the cap number.
Speaker 1: Low, man, Yeah, keep the cap low. Yeah, so you get you can signed up a player, you can sign.
Speaker 3: Up, so that guaranteed of the hundred.
Speaker 2: But you get that one one year, No, you probably get, you'll probably get.
Speaker 3: You'll probably get like Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson got what Lamar Jackson got eighty of his what one in the first year?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so soon is he?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: They gave him forty and then right now at the end of the season in twenty four he got another forty. Okay, so now let's say, so that is that So the signing bonus is guaranteed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, you're getting that no matter what.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 6: That's what everybody is arguing about.
Speaker 2: I wanted as much money when they franchised.
Speaker 1: You don't tag me, don't tag me. I need some type of security. T Higgins for example, T Higgins. They want Higgins to play on the franchise. Tag he's worthy of number one money based on what I've seen so far throughout his career since his rookie year. So they tagged him basically saying to me, I mean no disrespecting my bangles or disrespect of the tag.
Speaker 6: But to me, it means like, no, we want to keep you around, but.
Speaker 3: We don't want to pay you.
Speaker 1: We don't think you're worthy yet. We don't want to pay you. We don't think you're worthy of the numbers that we know you can get elsewhere. So we want to keep you, but we don't want to pay you that kind of money because they're in a tough spot and they got to.
Speaker 2: Pay They got tag sounds like a positive thing.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It sounds like sounds one year.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, stay with me.
Speaker 1: Gil is for one year, right, and it pays you within the top five at your position.
Speaker 6: But you go out there and get hurt, gil, you have no security.
Speaker 1: So that signing boat, that signing bonus is your security and your nest egg in case you get hurt.
Speaker 3: So they franchised so so they can hurt, hurt, hurt. Yes, that was the way.
Speaker 2: See what that's what you guys do is what you call You have a bird right, So if somebody has bird rights, they can sign them and it doesn't it only counts a portion if I'm not mistaken against the cap. So what the NFL tried to do is that they says, well, we want we don't want guys. We don't want to lose a damn Marino, we don't want John Elway to go somewhere else. So we'll franchise tag them, which will give them the five the top five saturd So whatever the top five players make, whatever that average is, that's what that player is entitled to for one year. But player says, I don't want a one year deal. I want you to be committed to me.
Speaker 3: I've tried.
Speaker 2: Instead of making twenty million, I'm trying to get seventy five to one hundred because if I get hurt, I know, if I get hurt, I know, I got.
Speaker 3: At least two years on this thing, Ojoe. So what happens?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just say everything played well and you got your franchise tag and top five and then you you balled out.
Speaker 3: Do you get rewarded? Rewarded? They can franchise tag you again? God damn.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, and that's that's that's ultimate disrespect. Now you did it to me one year. Allow me to go on by my business and get paid. As matter of fact, if you get tagged one year and you play well and you do get a chance.
Speaker 6: They let you go, they're gonna overpay for you the thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, What I would do with my agent?
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, I ain't coming in until I got to go to camp because I ain't turning down. I ain't gonna lose this eighteen nineteen million. I'll sign this, but you can't franchise me next year.
Speaker 6: Is it too late to put that he has to sign?
Speaker 2: I think he has to sign the tag by July fifteen, July level July fifteenth, So what if you don't so.
Speaker 6: They can put it? Can they put it in.
Speaker 3: The excuse remember what that did? That put in? You can't franchise me, and you can't trade me.
Speaker 6: You can't trade me, you can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, But what I'm saying is, what if he don't sign it, Well, he won't get paid. Oh here, oh yeah, and you're trying to you and it hurts me. What if I don't want to sound now? What what happens? You won't make no money?
Speaker 3: Am I from them? A free agent? No? They're still on your rights.
Speaker 6: I don't know they there on your right, so you damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So why how are y'all allowing that it's too late?
Speaker 2: Now? Ye?
Speaker 3: That's that's a store for that's a store for that dispection for another day.
Speaker 6: That's a whole. That's not even.
Speaker 2: Because like bird rights is for it is for more the younger players, not your top tier. That's for like the younger players, the bird rights and all that's for them, Like uh, like your bird rights. Let's say you are restricted and unrestricted. That sounds like what that is has more of an unrestrict like you unrestricted, so.
Speaker 3: I can you can't leave? I got you, I got you under my umbrella. Right.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to be like, all right, cool, I want to be unrestricted because unrestricted means you can go.
Speaker 3: Yeah I can.
Speaker 2: I that's true free agency market. Get my value up now for your wont men boom. If I'm unrestricted, nobody usually offers because they know the other team can match.
Speaker 3: Right, you're restricted.
Speaker 2: If you're restricted British in the basketball, they like, but the other team's gonna match it. So ain't no sense enough? Now I get to go shop my services high as bidder baseball. That's why show Hey seven hundred million, might trial four hundred and forty five million, Aaron Judge three hundred and sixty million for nine years and all that is fully garan t. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm thinking about going to trial. You know I can steal some I can steal.
Speaker 3: To catching the marl and then going out there to hit the ball. All right, got hey check this out. Now it's time for Q.
Speaker 2: Hey, well okay, will he said, just book my flight from Tampa to Houston for Night Camp Live.
Speaker 3: Stay with me? Now what what a special guess? You got?
Speaker 2: What special guests do you have lined up? You got, bro, you got to stay tuned, you got to come. It's a surprise. Oh We're gonna have something for you.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, we finished why you ain't even tell.
Speaker 3: Me about we have a special guests at the last live out yo?
Speaker 1: Okay, so but but you you ain't even tell me about that? Found out what everybody else either? Okay okay, okay, okay okay okay. Hen can I can I have a suggestion for one of the special.
Speaker 6: Guests at who you want?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 6: Let me see we in the line, who's a big figure?
Speaker 2: Who is.
Speaker 3: Soney Miami? Anything that sounds wet? Trust me?
Speaker 2: This man talking about having somebody from uh, what's you call trying to get somebody from Blue Flay?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: What about what about the owner of uh? Uh oh, Yeah, that's That's what I'm just saying. I'm I'm thinking of, I'm thinking of. But we can we can go two ways. You can have get have a guess that's a business owner. Then you can have whoever whoever would be the lebron James, the strippers in Atlanta as well, and have them talk about you know where you know what they have.
Speaker 2: And just.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be at night? Is that night? I know.
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 6: People come for the people come to people come for.
Speaker 2: The story to make boxing and the advertisers come back.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I got you my bad bad, but we'll.
Speaker 2: See what we get put together. Tony Brown Jr. Tell Joe it's okay to critique players. He doesn't have to give all lives matter, take on everything, love y'all.
Speaker 6: Whoa wait?
Speaker 1: I critique players very well last year towards the end of the season about.
Speaker 3: I don't write the question. That's what he's saying.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Well that lets me know he he obviously wasn't paying who got damn.
Speaker 3: You can't talk.
Speaker 2: You can't talk to our listeners and was like that, well.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, but he's saying something that I got very good at towards the end of the season.
Speaker 6: So I'm curious at what was he listening to?
Speaker 2: Uh Breeze saying, hey, oh your Gil said, I appreciate that with toy TVJ bree said, hey, oh Chill and Gil, y'all have my mother died?
Speaker 3: Laughing?
Speaker 2: So O, can y'all do me a favor? Wish my mother Lilian a happy birthday, Lillian, happy birthday, breathing, Thank you for watching, Thank you for having your.
Speaker 3: Mother sitting down and listen to yours.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all our support and all our support, and any time we get a sub that wants us to do a birthday shout out a happy birthday or special occasion, we have no problem doing that. Got so Lilian, Happy birthday and many more to come.
Speaker 3: What you got on, Joe?
Speaker 6: I got to sing for Miss Lillian. Ro Lord, she ain't gonna be laughing no more, Miss Lillian, Miss Lillian.
Speaker 1: You know I was on American God Talent, but I got voted off week two.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to you? Yeah, happy birthday to you? I sound Happy birthday, Miss Lily, and happy birthday to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Who I sound? I sound bad?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You don't sound like the dude, that football dude that uh he had did that little rap song.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was cool like one of ten years.
Speaker 3: Who's that we mean football? Look back the dude who just came out and dropped that song for his Darren Waller. Yeah he was. He was at he was at the Raiders first, he was at the Giants. Oh man. Yeah it was good and terrible.
Speaker 6: So I was so I was good.
Speaker 3: Tell you wasn't good?
Speaker 8: You come on that GILTI who live don't matter, Gil, we auto tooths.
Speaker 3: Next time we'll get you auto tools.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: The chat said. The chat said, I sound say that.
Speaker 3: That chat ain't say that.
Speaker 2: Uh. Brian Cooper said, hey, oh, Jo and Gil Up. I made my way to Country Kitchen in the and and man them oxtails put me in a food came but also cald I get a birthday shout out.
Speaker 3: Just turned thirty one. Brian appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, I told y'all any time you're in Indy bro Country Kitchen. Hey, teil Cent, that's my girl. She's the owner. Her and her husband. Tell him I sent you. I get the oxych, I get the full plan. I get oxtails, neckbone, wings, catfish, mac and cheese, corn bread, collar greens.
Speaker 3: But you eat all that? I said.
Speaker 2: I I sample when I go there because I ain't gonna get nowhere else sample. Okay, okay, I'm over here like wait, I mean, I eat all that I eat out, but I sampled. I'm I'm gonna eat all. I'm gonna eat all the neck I eat all the oxtails. I'm gonna eat half of the neck bone. I'm gonna eat one of the fried catfish for that, I eat like two wings, eat like three forks forks full mac and cheese, about two of the grins, drank by two things of elimonade.
Speaker 3: That lemonade be bussed.
Speaker 2: They give you, man, that sounds like three thousand, four thousand calarers and I have the cork bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 2: But hey, every buzzing, Hey Brian, happy birthday. Congrats bro thirty one bro Hey, best of luck, enjoy the day and many more to come.
Speaker 3: What you got for us? Gil, I just asked you, did you do you eat all of that?
Speaker 2: You said, no, you sample it, and then named every item that you do eat all of that? No, no, I don't eat all of it, like I said the the hottails. I love all that. I eat all that, but I eat like I eat like. I eat probably like a quarter of the neck bone.
Speaker 3: I eat one.
Speaker 2: They give you two a catfish flats, I one maybe half maybe three quarters of that. I eat like three forkfuls of the mac and cheese. I ate two forkfulls of the creams. I ate half the corn bread and two jos. Yeah, I do we drinking at that lemonade, and now that probably would get me I probably if I back up off that lemonade, I probably, but I'd be water along. I'd be water along by that time. So oh well, idio what it me is?
Speaker 3: I got it. I've never had a neck bone or oxtail. What hot sauce. I'll be trying to get back there.
Speaker 2: I'll be trying to get back to Indy anytime they have something in Indy, because that's where I got I got one of my dogs from man.
Speaker 3: I flew in, got the dog. I had the dog.
Speaker 2: Hey. I called, they said, I'm coming by to pick up something. Got it, went back to the hotel, got the dog, went to the airport. They wouldn't let me fly the dog because even worked with a little faulty. So I had to call the guy back to come back and get the dog, take it back to the people that I had to have somebody to pick him up and drive him to a.
Speaker 3: Flying to l a.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, hey, but speaking speaking speaking of oxtail, hey, Gil, if you ever in Miami, Uncle, if you ever in Miami, I got two places you need to try when it comes to oxtails.
Speaker 6: For one, I love oxtails and grits.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: You had that that compared. Hey, listen, I crave down in Liberty City, where I'm from. Young friend of mine has a has a restaurant called I Crave. You got to go, You got to go try that. And obviously kvon Webstervon Webster also has a at a restaurant. Boy that boy, I don't know who. I don't know who he got back there in that goddamn kitchen. On boy, it's called Smith and Webster.
Speaker 2: But you got you got because I already know that whoever in the kitchen that busy Bee, I already know they ain't got no shoes on because they put their feeding that man. I already know that bat that the kid you would note on man busy busy Bee.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yeah, It's all depends on what you like.
Speaker 2: Now, if you like like like like soul food, like busy Beans is big and the so they do soul food. Now, if you want barbecue like Williams Brothers out of Marriotta, we got Foster brother But that that line, that line gonna be like Californian traffic, gri gil that line riding light a four. Ah, hey fat man, Now I want to know. Hey, so in Houston y'all need to hook U something that. Oh Joe, and I know where we need to go in Houston and Dallas.
Speaker 6: But Turkey leg hutting, You ain't.
Speaker 3: Now, I want to go down and ain't.
Speaker 6: They ain't gonna, ain't gonna make you wait in line to Turkey leg hut now. I mean you shedding sharp now?
Speaker 2: No, I want, I want, I want, I want to sit down and I just wanted to like, hey, I want a sampler. So whatever you're known for, put it out. In Houston, there's this place they serve some good stuff there. It's called Onyx.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know who the chef is back there, but I know what we got Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Hey see A show was like, man, this sounds like a good place. Uncle, Like, I know, that's my favorite.
Speaker 6: Place to wait.
Speaker 1: They gotta hey, wait, they got an Onyx in Houston and a left yea, so it's the chain restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They served legs and thighs, legs and third legs.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. Don't worry about somebody. Hey, somebody jump in the chat. O Joe, what were talking about?
Speaker 3: Because he.
Speaker 1: You just had a chain restaurant. They got one in Atlanta. We talked about one Atlanta. We talked about one. I came on, we say restaurant. We just said, it's a chain. They serve a lot of good stuff there. That's what we see.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, let me see what.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna cost you?
Speaker 6: We got it. Oh you might say, we gotta go to the breakfast club man.
Speaker 3: Y'all us what man?
Speaker 6: Y'all talking about the strip?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Why ain't say that?
Speaker 3: I ain't know, I ain't.
Speaker 6: I ain't never been there before.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know.
Speaker 1: Oh a strip club? Oh so it's a chain. A change strip clubs because they got one of that.
Speaker 6: Lab with the same owners.
Speaker 3: All was no size.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we are you gonna take You're gonna take me the honest.
Speaker 3: But you want to go to Magic City?
Speaker 6: I know, but you just said it's an onyx in Houston.
Speaker 2: Man, Look at I ain't been I ain't been your script loving seventeen years.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I ain't been in I ain't been in strip club in like twenty three, so this could be our first time.
Speaker 3: You like me? You call the strip club, half the strippers come to you.
Speaker 2: Nah, the hell dollars that lady Ray said, Hey, guys, night cap drive factor. I didn't see anything online about bad driving. I swear, I'm just curious. Out of the three, who of you is the best driver, who's the worst. I know I'm the best.
Speaker 3: I've never been in an accident.
Speaker 6: I've never been in accident either. Let me.
Speaker 2: I don't have a California license since two thousand and one. For all the tickets that unreceived, listen, I don't know how people commit crimes that think they're gonna get with it, because they call my black ass every time I ran one dude, the lightning, call me on stop signs, red lights, inner lights, tolls. They got me right, I've been for twenty for twenty three years. California won't give you my license because what I did back in two thousand and one, so you'll be taking uber no. I got Florida. My license is Florida. You know Florida license.
Speaker 3: Right. Hey, I don't even gotta drive, I don't even gotta drop.
Speaker 2: I just pretend I'll lose it and then they updated give me five more years.
Speaker 6: Speaking speaking a license, I got one problem.
Speaker 1: I got one problem, and matter of fact, and maybe this can help me out me putting it this this psa out on this platform and maybe corporate we'll probably see this.
Speaker 6: Enterprise hurts Avis.
Speaker 1: All of you have me on the do not rent list and if we can work something out, I would love to be able to rent with you guys.
Speaker 6: Once again.
Speaker 1: I think I might have been a little late returning cars. I might have had some tolls and tickets that haven't been paid, and you won't even allow me to pay them. You just have me my driving license number on a do not rent list. If we can work something out and I can rectify that situation, just please, if anyone that hurts enterprise or dollar thrifty, if you guys see this, I would love to Avis. I would love to rectify the situation so I can ring with you guys again. I apologize for what happened maybe fifteen ten years ago, but I've been on the do not Rent list score.
Speaker 3: I got them on the dolight.
Speaker 2: Do not speak their name on this platform less unless they go advertise with us, because we.
Speaker 6: Oh my bad.
Speaker 3: I'm the best driver. I grew up on a farm.
Speaker 2: I can drive everything from a tractor to an eighteen wheeler to I mean you name it, I could drive it. You ain't never driven no eighteen whilling. You ain't never driven no tractor. You ain't even been on the tractor. Time out, Time out.
Speaker 1: I got my CDs A tractor, I have that you. Hey, wait a minute, let me let me, let me stay with me. When I was in high school, I worked at the Port of Miami. I had to drive a big rig and unloaded and load high school.
Speaker 2: He said, a big rig. That's how I know you didn't. There's a fort lil That's how I know you ain't driving.
Speaker 1: But go ahead of give I'm not talking about the four I'm not talking about I didn't work the cranes.
Speaker 6: I didn't work the four left. I had to drive the big rigs and pick up the loans.
Speaker 2: I want to manage the specific and what I asked you, when did you drive a tractor?
Speaker 3: I didn't talk about a rig.
Speaker 6: Oh track, I'm from Liberty City with track.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That's what I mean getting at.
Speaker 1: But you said you said you're the best driver, But you also said big.
Speaker 2: Drive everything from a tractor to an eighteen wheeler and everything in between.
Speaker 3: If you give me a week, I can easy.
Speaker 6: Driving this tractor is easy. You in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Of course you could you.
Speaker 6: In the middle of nowhere? What about?
Speaker 3: Can you?
Speaker 6: Can you drive an eighteen wheeler on a highway or a busy street?
Speaker 3: Can you make a left? I tell you what I can. I'll tell you what. Give me.
Speaker 2: Give me a week and I come back an eighteen wheeler for two miles and won't have to pull up once.
Speaker 3: God, look at it. You walk two miles.
Speaker 1: Now that's stop less, record less recorded. You cannot drive no at wheeler. You definitely can't park in reverse.
Speaker 3: You got it better because you know he.
Speaker 2: Don't even have the time to practice on the week. Wait practice, So I want to make that I want to make that bet as a.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact.
Speaker 2: And I got the work with the big the big gear, the big gear shift up here like this is here?
Speaker 3: Look at it? Look at it now? You don't want what he Hold on? Hold on, hold on, hold on? What about?
Speaker 1: Remember Remember I had the member. I had the big rig I bought from my birthday in two thousand and nine. Remember I had to have a CDL to drive. You ever drive, You gotta have a seat. Yell if they catch you driving, you ain't.
Speaker 2: Gonna have you ain't gotta have he was that the black one, remember to be yet Blacky Miami?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, the International International? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I drive.
Speaker 6: I'm the best driver.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to That's what you drove. International. You know, Peter Beelt make the big best eighteen wheeler or freightline.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah, Peter Beel got got some nice ones. They got some nice ones.
Speaker 2: You get about to get that. I'm about to get that. That six fifty, that seven fifty, that four.
Speaker 3: With this? You mad, I'm not. You won't be the leader. I'm mad.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying. I'm just saying for what you do. I mean, you don't.
Speaker 1: You have no reason for something that big.
Speaker 6: You are Lincoln, You a Lincoln Cadillact type to do?
Speaker 3: Man, what is it? What is what? What is it? Six fifty? I think they got a self fifty nine.
Speaker 6: They got they got a SEP fifty two.
Speaker 3: But you ain't. You ain't.
Speaker 6: You ain't doing that kind of that kind of hard.
Speaker 3: Work to be. I don't want to be on the road.
Speaker 6: You don't even like. You don't even drive.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 6: I remember them days boy driving bigger.
Speaker 2: Hey, you don't want me, you don't want me to do that, then you can't drive no a G wheelers.
Speaker 3: Then you can't back up.
Speaker 6: Listen, let's less less I have. I have an eighteen really bigger us.
Speaker 3: What you gotta do we need to get Let me get a trucking company going.
Speaker 6: Who a, that is too up and down. Man, it's too up.
Speaker 3: It's too up and down, especially truck trucking company. You do. Yeah, to be honest, it was it was.
Speaker 2: I was trying to use the truck and company to move uh weed to other states, and I heard that was legal. So I can't drive, you know, so they just parked somewhere. You know.
Speaker 3: I thought I was out smart in this them during covid R. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so when I heard how much time that gives, I'm like, yeah, he ain't holding up in there, tructioning. It's just nothing. It's just just boy, they give you this, They get you. Hey, they get you for trafficking. Boy, they bleave so much time. Your family got to help you serve it. Hey, they they're gonna throw the book at you. Why you think zero trucking ain't moved, not one. Just want sending me bad.
Speaker 6: Hey, But that's a that's that's a good idea though.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, that's good because because we could compete with Johnson and Johnson think about it, Uncle o your truck. Yeah, man, stop playing man and artists.
Speaker 3: So they got to give us. We gotta get so much business. Yeah we can.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 1: We can start small with like moving furniture. If you're moving somewhere, uncle, unco furnished.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, we need we need, we need to go state the state. Look we all we do is back it up. They locked they they they they loaded up, lock it up, and it don't get unlocked until they get to.
Speaker 3: The next destination.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, just.
Speaker 1: Like that, and and and I got the drivers though, And they got the driver. Now they don't speak, they don't they don't drive, but they're always on time.
Speaker 2: I got a cousin. I got a cousin. He tried he drive up. My uncle used to drive all the time. My uncle used to drive until he got help. But I got a first cousin. That's what that's what he does. Okay, that's that's good for them. That's a lonely rough, that's a that's a lonely job, though. But they don't got them. Trump not give man them things got everything that are made by the top of the line whatever, the top of the line car you SAM sixty SAM, BMW.
Speaker 3: A rolls.
Speaker 2: The cars got everything cooling, yeah, get extensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh and diesel the fifty five got them money ten gallon fifty five and fifty five. Yeah, and then they got into electric.
Speaker 3: Ay, listen here they got that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, Tesla Tesla.
Speaker 2: Before I started the before podcast.
Speaker 3: And I took it serious on. I got it.
Speaker 2: I got one thousand acres about fifty five miles from hen and it was a farm for some of the.
Speaker 3: Good old stuff. All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the time I was here and I had to go ahead and back slowly back out of it and say, you know what I'm gonna podcast. Yeah, Hey, bad, they give you so much time.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 2: Hey, you got what you call great great grandkids. Gotta help you serve that they put that time on you, guys. Thank you so much for watching us for another episode of Nightcap as the Celtics take down the Dallas Mavericks in Game one. What was that one? O seven to eighty nine yep, seven eighty nine. So thank you for watching. Thank you guys for selling out. Shave by Laportier. We got shipping in. All inventories will be cleared by no later the next Friday, no later the next friday. If boy I'm a ooh, I'm gonna be mad at the rent a wet hornet. If dawl them orders are not ship and everybody's taken care of. So thank you guys for your patience. Please make sure you go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shay Shape Media and a clothing company that's eighty four with eighty four being spelled out the linked to Nightcap merchants penned at the top of the chat.
Speaker 3: Use code UMP for this discount.
Speaker 2: Applies to Nightcap Merch, Club, Shape Merch and eighty four merch And we were very, very excited. We got a Nightcap Live tour kicks off Thursday, August twenty second in the atl That's right, atl Georgia, August twenty second. On the twenty fifth, headed down to eight town y'all see What's see What's Up Egstown August twenty fifth, and then August thirtieth in Dallas, Texas. Pre sale starts tomorrow. Use code live Cap and tickets will officially go on sell Monday sixteen. Check out our social media for all lenks. Thank you, I'm your favorite. On Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite Number eighty five in the bottom right Route Runner Extraordinary being a Ring of Fame honoree, pro Bowler, all pro Liberty Cities on Chad O Chosenko Johnson and bottom left, he's your favorite Number zero Arizona Wildcat Legend you knowing Agent zero, mister Habachi Man himself Wizard Great Gilbert Arenas. Thank you guys for joining us. Appreciate that. See you on Sunday.
Speaker 1: The volume
Speaker 2: M