Speaker 1: Second date update. If you've ever been set up by a friend for a blind date, you know how awkward that can be, especially if the friend who's setting you up is Brook.
Speaker 2: My god, no, no, I am so good at this. One of my friends actually got married to the person I said her up.
Speaker 1: But the problem is Brook is notoriously competitive. So right after she introduces you to the date, Brook undoes an extra button and tries to flirt and then steal the guy right back. Mommy can give it, take you. That's how it's done. Apparently isn't as awkward as the blind date situation. One of our listeners found herself tossed into the other night the Brook button yourself back up and let's say, hi Robin, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, thanks my buttons.
Speaker 1: We're in a safe space now, but it's still uncomfortable a little bit. Yeah. So you went out on a blind date set up by a friend.
Speaker 3: I did it was something else, did I did?
Speaker 4: I hear the sales pitch from your friend, like why you should do this?
Speaker 1: Let's tell us how it started.
Speaker 3: All right, So I'm recently single. Okay, my friends were just really encouraging me to go on and get out there. I don't know, jump back on the horse. And it had been a long time since I'd been on any sort of dating app.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to say any horse, Well that too, okay, And what did that feel like on.
Speaker 2: The dating apps for your first time in a while.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't really sure what to do, and so my friend, like my bestie, said I can make a profile for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well.
Speaker 1: Dangerous.
Speaker 3: I was a little hesitant, but I mean she does know me the best, so I just trusted her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I has my best friend to do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would argue my mom knows me better than anybody else, and she set up a dating profile for me and that turned out freaking horribly. Yeah, but I don't know, maybe that's different. I'm sure your friend was kinder than my mom was. Tell us how it went, how did it go?
Speaker 3: So basically, I get a call from her like a week after. I guess she's been really monitoring my Oh she's.
Speaker 2: Still logged in.
Speaker 1: We're exciting.
Speaker 5: I thought, like, she set it up for you and then she let you go, like you know, give you wings, let you fly.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she took full control over your dating profile.
Speaker 3: I guess I wasn't ready for the wings just yet.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: He told me that she found the perfect match for me, Like, Hey, we're going to go to this nice bar tomorrow and I'm gonna come with you.
Speaker 2: What way?
Speaker 1: Now she's pulling a Brook move. But does that mean she told the guy, Hey, I'm setting up my friend or was she acting like you?
Speaker 3: She said she was setting up me.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, so there's honesty from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Before you went to the bar, did she show you at least a photo of the guy that you're about to meet?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, No, she didn't.
Speaker 1: It was a real blind.
Speaker 3: Definition blind date. Yeah, and I was like, okay, well, can I at least get his name? And no?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, So is he there when you walk into the bar?
Speaker 6: She didn't know.
Speaker 2: Well, her friend would know. Her friend would tell her.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, but I will say. Right after walking in, this really cute guy comes up to me and he says, Oky, you must be Robin.
Speaker 2: Okay, and he's cute.
Speaker 3: She picked a good one. His name is Jay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, good work on your friend.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. So here's where it gets crazy. My friend comes in and then she shows me two more guys. She's like, hey, they hide a cal and Jack. And at this point I'm really confused.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm confused too.
Speaker 3: So she made a very public announcement and I quote, this is my hot best friend Robin. She's recently single. I all here to give her her own TV experience as the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Ret No, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Invited like twenty guys.
Speaker 2: It was men. Twenty men were waiting for just one men, but not all of them new.
Speaker 3: Not all of them new, And like I saw a few guys walk out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would walk out.
Speaker 2: That wasn't because you. They just couldn't handle the competition.
Speaker 1: You know, how did you feel when your friend sprung that on you, that suddenly we're going to be meeting a bunch of dudes all in one night.
Speaker 6: I was horrified.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what did you say to your friend?
Speaker 2: Was she did she get that? You were? Like mortified?
Speaker 3: I think she got it. But she pushes me, which most of the time is a good thing. Okay, okay, you know we balanced each other out.
Speaker 1: So did you start talking to all these dudes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just I just imagine her with a clipboard her friend in a corner, just crossing names off.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, next, come on, I got to organize. It's a casting call.
Speaker 1: She's doing side interviews.
Speaker 3: She just might have done that. I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 1: My god, I mean, did you end up like vibing with any of these dudes?
Speaker 3: Surprisingly?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, they're at least like three or four that I was.
Speaker 1: Really so, are we calling four guys right now? What's going on? Which one are we calling?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I really like the first guy that was there right in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you told us his name Jay.
Speaker 7: Jay.
Speaker 2: Got really distracted by the twenty dudes forgotten it and why did Why did Jay stand out?
Speaker 3: He was just like really smart and son. We had good like banter.
Speaker 6: And all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on time. He was the first one there.
Speaker 1: So Jay was your favorite from the Bachelorette experience?
Speaker 3: Like him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you ever end up going out with him again after the bar?
Speaker 3: So we exchanged numbers, okay, and we've been texting and all that, and it was really nice. But recently I've been kind of putting in more energy to the whole trying to plan something part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he's fading a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just I don't know why keeps pulling away?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Interesting? I mean, how long has it been since your guys is first meeting?
Speaker 3: Now, I guess it hasn't been that long, like a few weeks.
Speaker 2: That's a long time. Yeah, that's a long time. Did you ever go out with any of the other guys now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Is the one and only.
Speaker 2: All eggs one basket hunt?
Speaker 1: All right, thank god, here's what we're doing. We're gonna come back. We're gonna call Jay for you, and we're gonna invite him into the Fantasy suite to ask him did he all go out with you? One morning? With your second date? Up games right after that second date update. Anybody who's seen The Bachelor or The Bachelorette knows the relationships that start on those shows have a notoriously high success rate of going I lost seasons. I'd say almost three of those couples are still on speaking terms, which is pretty good. I'd like, we may get divorced before the marriage. But I bring it up because one of our listeners, Robin, had her own bachelorette experience the other night, did not know what was happening until she arrived at the bar and her friend surprised her with twenty dudes. It was hero, this is not your moment.
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 1: Why buttons back up, please. Robin spooks to all of them that night, at least the ones who didn't immediately leave when they found out what was happening. But the guy that she liked the best was actually the first one she met, named Jay. They had a great time after that, so we do apologize for broke. After that night, Robin feels like she's been putting more effort into like seeing him again. She wants some help moving things along.
Speaker 4: What we didn't ask is have you asked your best friend for advice before you came to us?
Speaker 2: Or we are we done with her advice?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I think I'm taking just a little break.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we'll go back.
Speaker 1: To her after we're done calling Jay here. First, Let's see if he picks up and has any explanation, and if he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't want to go out with you again. Bonus, you got some backup numbers still right from that night. Yeah, I mean yeah, okay, the overflow guys.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's just trying to focus on Jay for now. I'm going to dial his number let's hopefully he picks up. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Jay speaking. Hey Jay, you are speaking with a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Oh wow, hey, good morning. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Cuttle voice? I think he has an accent, sir, I mean, no, wonder he was the first one.
Speaker 1: You sound pretty comfortable being on the radio here, do you do you listen.
Speaker 7: Every now and then? Yeah, I would say, yeah, oh no accent.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we can turn Brooks microphone off.
Speaker 2: I am just jokeing.
Speaker 1: We're all very excited to talk to you because we've heard about you through one of our listeners that you met the other night and she had a really good time with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well a couple of weeks bill, right.
Speaker 1: Huh it's someone that you met named Robin.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you definitely remember Robin.
Speaker 2: Bro that's like the craziest Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I definitely do. You're You're absolutely right, I remember Robin.
Speaker 4: And she didn't say like you're ghosting or anything like that. It sounds like you guys have been chatting a little bit via text.
Speaker 7: We have, but it's it's been pretty nice.
Speaker 1: I could say, yeah, okay and we've heard about how you and Robin met that first night, with the way that her friend set up the big thing at the bar, I mean, I'm wondering, how what was that like for you.
Speaker 7: I'm actually really surprised she even told you. She explained to you guys what happened.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, did you know going in that her friend was setting up like a bachelorette experience.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing. I walked in there. I'm expecting this nice, quiet meetups.
Speaker 1: Oh my don't know you Yeah, you had no idea.
Speaker 7: I had no idea what was going on. No, but I walk in the door and it's like a conveyor belt of people lived up.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I want to crawl into all that.
Speaker 2: Poor girl.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I felt really bad for her because she seemed shocked. I don't really think she walked in there expecting this to be like a party for Robin.
Speaker 1: You know, nobody anything but the friends. I think it's safe to say that she had no idea either. So you guys were both in the same boat of surprise.
Speaker 7: We were both shocked, which I think is why we actually hit it off, because you know, she was having conversations with other people and I will say, it looks like she was hitting it off with some people, but like we really matched on the fact that it was really uncomfortable to be standing there in a room directed just for you.
Speaker 4: So what if you guys like you sounds like you had a real connection and you're excited.
Speaker 2: Were you going to ask her out and you just don't got around to it?
Speaker 7: Or so here's the thing. My friends we were talking about it and they said, Wow, that was actually a really cool thing, and maybe you should try that for yourself. Why don't we do this for you?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait what Yeah, you're doing the same thing as she's doing.
Speaker 7: So I gave them the password for my dating app and they kind of just wait, went from there and set it up.
Speaker 2: And if that's the case, why isn't Robin invited? She should be on the list.
Speaker 1: That's not very fair to Robin, who like chose you that night. Out of all the guys she met at her Bachelor a lot.
Speaker 4: More girls are gonna walk out the room when they probably a.
Speaker 1: Zero unless it's open bar that night, and the guys are the thirsty ones.
Speaker 7: I just figured that if she was doing it, maybe I should do it.
Speaker 4: So wait, so you want to go out with Robin, but you want to wait and see what your options are is out and I'm.
Speaker 7: Sure Robin's going out with like three or four of the other guys from that night, So it's probably not just me.
Speaker 1: You know, that wasn't what we heard from her, But I don't know.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 1: We do have a way that we could find out, because I need to let you know, Jay that there is someone waiting out in the secret limo outside of the studio, the one to talk to you.
Speaker 2: We would hand out carnation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surprise, it's Robin.
Speaker 2: She's on the phone.
Speaker 7: She's on the phone. What do you mean she's on the phone.
Speaker 1: I mean she's been on the other line listening this entire time. That's how this second.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi, Hi Robin.
Speaker 6: Hey this is really weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah a little bit. Have you been though?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't what kind of question is that? From what I just heard, it sounds like you're just waiting for something better to come along.
Speaker 7: Well, I wouldn't say that's the case. I mean I was exploring options, aren't you exploring options? That night? It was casual. I like, yeah, I still like.
Speaker 6: You, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 7: Honestly I mean, the reason I haven't made like an official date yet is because I'm I'm of a little worried that I might really get attached.
Speaker 6: To you and make me you know, God forbid, my every love story needs like a little test with twenty random women.
Speaker 4: But isn't that the whole problem with dating right now is you always feel like there's something better, like just like the choices are endless right now, and so you're isn't like you scroll through the app and it's just choice after choice after choice, if your choice. At some point you got to take yourself out of that like hamster wheel and say this is.
Speaker 1: It Hamster's having fun on the wheel right now. So yeah, but Robin, what I'm hearing here is this bachelor pad event for him has not happened yet, and it does seem like you two actually do get along pretty well. So maybe right now you want to try and talk to him and convince him to cancel his upcoming bachelor.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I can't force you to do anything, I know, that's not even my place.
Speaker 6: However, I will say.
Speaker 3: If the only thing holding you back is just the fact that you think you're gonna like me too much, I mean that's a little silly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, that's a fair point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't want to let my friends down though, either.
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 4: Honestly think if you go to that and you have a date with her before, you'll be able to compare.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Book is plotting her key party ida like she always does. But I personally think that in my opinion, I honestly believe that you should call off the event because you say you like Robin as much as you say it, prove it take her out on a date, a date that we would pay.
Speaker 7: I think that's a great idea. Okay, but I can't do that. Oh why, No matter what after the event, I'm gonna text you. I'm gonna call you.
Speaker 2: Lucky you Robin.
Speaker 1: You want to say to Jay before we end this?
Speaker 3: You know, I know that I probably shouldn't. I know that I should like be a priority. But let's just go on one day.
Speaker 1: Wait what after all that you're going to go out with him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I really think that they're going to work out. I know you think I do.
Speaker 4: I think that he's gonna go and there's gonna be like not a great selection of people that his friends picked.
Speaker 2: Out for him, and he's going to be like, I'm an idiot. Robin's amazing.
Speaker 1: And you know, the dudes are way worse at picking out girls.
Speaker 2: I bet the half of them are catfishes.
Speaker 1: You would stick around if a guy said to you, Hey, I really really like you, but I'm going to date twenty other women. First, I haven't even gone.
Speaker 7: Out of a date.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have DIBs on anything.
Speaker 1: They can't go on a date as twenty other ones lined.
Speaker 2: Up for who does it? These days?
Speaker 1: I give up on relationships and love, don't you, Jack? You know what? They're still hard for you. You can email the show. We'll call that person and then the twenty five other people that you're also sort of interested in, ye try and get you a second date.
Speaker 2: That's why this segment works, where everyone gets a date.
Speaker 1: Rooking Jeffrey in the morning,