Speaker 1: Yoseidel Yasha Man, Nick Cannon aka Dresse Jackson, AK mister Popular, ak Yo, Daddy's Daddy.
Speaker 2: We're getting it in. This is the Bootleg keV Podcast. Let's go. It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Bootlet keV Show. A big special guest in here, big inspiration of mine. One of the hardest working guys in entertainment, he also has quite possibly the most impressive hit list of all time. And here he go. Nick, I hit it first, Cannon.
Speaker 2: Dude, what's good man, I'll take the intro, I'll take it. What's up, belove it?
Speaker 3: You're good. I told you this because you call on the show. I was like, I'm just glad you ain't a powering the six anymore because now we can have you on the show.
Speaker 2: I know, man, but that's see I was talking a big about that. It was always love.
Speaker 3: It was always love.
Speaker 2: But you know, like that's old mentality.
Speaker 1: Like first of all, everybody owns all of their content now everybody like so the people move like dinnahs.
Speaker 2: So like this is our gang and that's your gag.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. We gotta let that.
Speaker 2: You gotta let that ship go.
Speaker 3: Listen. I totally agree with you. The problem is is that there are people who are in charge.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. We can't be maneuvering like well paid servants, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like you know there's like like my thing is, it's like damn, like I fuck with like so many people at Power one six.
Speaker 1: But that was like, first of all, I never like I didn't work for Power one six. I was with partners with them.
Speaker 3: So I heard did they give you a restaurant or something like that?
Speaker 2: A little we make some money, you know.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, like we got to stop thinking like especially I encourage anybody who wants to get into space of media entertainment, specifically podcasts and ready own your ship. Because when you do that, then if your boy got a podcast, I got a pocket, then we can get money together. But this mentality of like this is my station, that's your station.
Speaker 3: That's when you don't own the radio stations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's always like you gang banging on blocks your don't own.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure, it's like you could wake up tomorrow and the company can be like we're flipping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you got to go get a job.
Speaker 1: Over at the places and then doesn't even exist anymore, right, Yeah, so, but that's why I was always love like it was never like but I mean, like you said, the powers that be, because some of them get still stuck in that old school mentality of like the competition is how we come on.
Speaker 2: Man, we all can get numbers, we all can do.
Speaker 3: I think, what is something you learned from? Because you've done radio a lot. I don't think people understand you were on moving to New York. You still have the syndicated show with.
Speaker 1: Always my syndicated show, my syndicated countdown a decade.
Speaker 3: Right, You've been doing that for a long time. But then, like, you know, what did what did you learn from the Powerwin O six experience, because it obviously there was upstairs downs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think again, like I always say, like you got to move like a boss at the end of the day, and even more so like a leader. I mean, like we know what that brand means to our community, to hip hop and.
Speaker 3: So the legendary radio station.
Speaker 1: So that was the whole purpose for me even being over there, wanting to be like this. I was had a daily talk show at the same time I had, you know, mass singer whil'n out. So it was just another outlet for that I felt like was a real uh probably like fixture in the community that I could really harness. And even at time there was times where I was you know, they asked me if I wanted to buy the station now once once we looked into it, there's no point in, like, you know, it's probably overpriced. Yeah, you don't need to pay for dinosaurs, you know what I mean when you can go create something of your own, uh and invest the same amount of money and you only one hundred percent uh and you don't have to worry about you know, satellite towers.
Speaker 3: And so they offered you to buy it. Yeah, oh wow, what what did you could jellus? How much it was?
Speaker 2: I mean it was six No, no, no, not that much.
Speaker 3: Oh really it was less. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just somewhere around around that area. So but to say all of that, it's like, you know, even the things like I've been able to you know, I'm probably one of the few people in entertainment that I was able to have deals at you know, NBC and Universal and Fox and Viacom and all those places at the same time.
Speaker 3: It is kind of crazy yeah, I'm on every network. Yeah, so give me your okay. So when you're doing mornings and you have the TV show and you have mass Singer, and you have wild'n Out and you have.
Speaker 1: Don't forget my new number one show, Celebrity Prank Wars with Kevin number one, and you have the biggest family family know to man me NBA young boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just had number eleven. He had number eleven.
Speaker 1: He might catch me because he started earlier than me. I had no kids. I was thirty.
Speaker 3: So what do you do in terms of like just scheduling, making sure you don't go crazy, making sure you have time for the kids, making sure you have time for yourself. Yeah, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: I'll tell everybody it's like energy management. Man.
Speaker 1: If you see me, I'm cool, calm, collected. I know how to manage my energy probably better than most.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I don't move off of emotion.
Speaker 1: Or other people's energy because people think it's time management. But time is, you know, a man made construct that we all subscribe to. Like you can get enough of that you can get, but it's having the right team and knowing how to delegate your energy. Because I've been in situations where I've overly stressed myself. I've been in situations where there was literally too much on my plate and people were just constantly pulling at me. But when you know how to manage your energy, I think that that allows you to do more than the average human being.
Speaker 3: So it's about the key would be delegation.
Speaker 2: A little bit of it, I mean, how to delegate them.
Speaker 1: And also because we got some people who delegate in a way that like it's stressful and it's toxic, but.
Speaker 2: Like you just got to allow people.
Speaker 1: You know people's strengths, you know people's weaknesses, you know the ability to say I have this much to give, then I gotta go recharge.
Speaker 3: Right. And also so much like everything you do, you're you're you have to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's not like.
Speaker 3: You're doing stuff you can do from the crib or you can like do on a laptop. No, you have to literally be in front of a camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like somebody asks me or tell me, like, man, you don't have no free time. It's like all my time is free times perspective, it's how you look at it. Everything I do, I love it. So my vocation is my vacation. So it's a situational where, like I would a lot of stuff I get paid to do, I would pay to do, you know what I'm saying. And I think that's that's really the nature of what I talk about, managing your band with your spiritual band, within your energy because from that standpoint, we make time for the things we want right and you know, as a father, you got to make that a number one priority. But then everything else is really just a big ass hobby.
Speaker 3: Wild'n Out is season twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we coming up on twenty right now.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because I do feel like when we think of like the most successful TV shows ever, I think that like wild'n Out has surpassed so many of the shows that we look back on and be like this, Like I think sometimes it's almost like when Lebron's playing, we don't realize we're watching Lebron. And I feel like, one day when wild'n Out's over.
Speaker 2: They're gonna appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be like, damn, wild Out was on for X amount and was heat and there was all these moments with all these fucking legendary artists, just so many just memorable and the.
Speaker 1: Fact that was dope about it because you bring up a good point of like what the definition of what a TV show is? We know, because that's our generation. The kids today don't even understand it to be a TV show. They understand it's like TikTok YouTube viral sensation.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 1: Kids used to come up to me and be like, oh, man, I love your show. It's my favorite show. Now kids come up to me like, man, I love your videos. Yeah, I love I love you know, like they I love the content, Like they literally say that. So it's like nobody watches the big shit on the wall anymore. It's like it's in their hands on the iPads. And we're probably more successful online than we've ever been than we were on television.
Speaker 3: Well, the show is like very great for work. Today's like environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clips yep, the small we know how the compartmentalize and break up those clips for you know, all day long.
Speaker 2: And so one of the most I think we're.
Speaker 1: Probably the biggest UH digital imprint in UH the whole entire paramount network that includes Comedy Central, that includes b T Yeah, wilding Out. And we have more followers on YouTube, more followers on TikTok uh than anything else in the paramount ecosystem.
Speaker 2: So maybe the Daily Show might be like close on one of those.
Speaker 3: Can you give me some insight on like the beginning of wilding out, like the break, like you're like, this is your baby, this is your your you know your idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I was just really trying to give my friends jobs. Like at the end of the day, like people didn't know who Kevin Hart and A Crockett, d Ray Davis.
Speaker 2: Made a lot of these guys, they didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't want that, but you helped shine, You helped put them on the National Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And because actually they were all my my colleagues and counterparts.
Speaker 3: They were they were you were that.
Speaker 2: I came up.
Speaker 3: You were doing a little stand up at a certain pointing time where I started, as you started in San Diego doing stand up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I started doing stand I mean I started, yeah, I started in that spat. I started in music obviously when I was even younger, but stand ups will put me on the mat, got me my first deal at Jamie Fox's Lallapalooza uh in Atlanta, and then from.
Speaker 3: There by the way, willis Jamie Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always I'm believing in one hundred percent complete healing.
Speaker 2: That's my brother right there. We've been playing strong.
Speaker 3: For I might need security. One of the best specials ever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: First of all, he's the most talented man on the planet.
Speaker 3: One hundred say, I say it's either him or Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Those are the one and two.
Speaker 1: Those are one and two and nobody else, because Chris hasn't been able to spread his wings the way Fox has.
Speaker 3: And I look at Chris is like, Chris is really good at basketball. Yeah, and he can paint a mural yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fact like all the other think about, like Jamie is amazing at football, stand up a classical piano impression between the two and both.
Speaker 2: Of them like the nicest human beings in the world. So it's like it's you want to go to either party at either one of those dudes out.
Speaker 3: So for whiling out, you kind of come from the stand up background. These are your friends, These are guys who you consider your peers, and for you, it was like, what, there's not an outlet.
Speaker 2: Well, I was doing movies and music and stuff at the time, so I left.
Speaker 3: Them cost the thing was already on. You were you were popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and those couchs looking at me like, yo, man, spread the love. So I was like, all right, I'm gonna go to the MTV because I was I was hosting TRL doing all that stuff. So I went to them and they didn't understand it at first. They was like you want to do what? And I was like, nah, we got this comedy club and we do this this. Then it's like they ain't really understand it. So I was like, all right, I rent the comedy club on myself, got some cameras together, uh, called everybody to the club, and we shot that ship. And therefore I owned the IP since the day one.
Speaker 3: So you bankrolled the demo, shot the demo yourself, facts, and then shopped it around and.
Speaker 2: Then then now I had. Now I had all of the equity and the negotiating power.
Speaker 3: Because how so for people who don't know, I think a lot of people are a little bit more familiar with like record deals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you're trying to get a TV show deal, usually a production company comes in with the money to pay for the pilot, and that's their excuse to take ownership exactly. But if you handle that yourself, then you can at the table. I already got this handled. Yeah you want it or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then that everything from the wild and Out logo to all this it was all owned by me.
Speaker 3: Was it a scary situation where they tried getting you up out of here and it felt like they took you off TV?
Speaker 2: It was like it was got of cancel me like at least once a year.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, no, I know, there was the time I think it was a couple of years ago and you had the interview. I forget, I don't even want to get into this specific, but that's I mean, that was a learning moment that you went through with everybody.
Speaker 2: One percent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing, Like moments like that either show show your toughness and show how quickly you could fold. So you know, I think Martin Luther King said it best, is like the test of the true test of a man's character isn't in times of comfort, but in times of controversy. So that just showed you how solid I was to every community to where where most people instantly or they waiver, and where like I leaned into it and then began to understand and really focus not only on my business and saw who was riding with me and who wasn't. But then at the same time, any wrongdoings that I made, I corrected as every man should.
Speaker 3: And I think we need to be more. I mean, it's kind of crazy because we don't give a lot of people that opportunity anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean I got another show that I'm creating right now that I already created, that we already shot, that'll be debuting pretty soon. But literally does what deals with that? I mean, I coined the frame counsel culture. It's not about cancel culture. It's counsel culture. Don't cancel on another council one, and that to take your brother and show them how to shake it up and how to really get it right and give them an opportunity. None of us are greater than God, and so we should allow him to be the one to judge.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like in a time where like we're so at least perceived, I think we have a lot more in common than people would like to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always said there's more.
Speaker 3: There's likeilarities, they're differently small things that people are far apart out. But everything else. Everyone loves their family, Everyone wants to be safe. Everyone wants to be prospered. But if you don't agree on this or this, it's like you got to hate the other person.
Speaker 1: And I think, yeah, and that's I mean a Buddhist mentality is we are one without uh, one without none, and none without one. So and that idea of like we got we need each other to operate. And if we keep allowing the powers that be to split us up.
Speaker 3: It really feels like it is some powers to be ship broa because.
Speaker 1: That's how they control you. They control you, divide and conquer. That's what they would really understand. Like again, like we got more similarities and differences and the ship that we bicker about. I mean, that's one of the things that I say while I was the most progressive show on television, because we can have people from two different walks of life. We can have someone from the Jewish community something from the Ransom community.
Speaker 2: And they go at it and hug it out at the end.
Speaker 1: We can have a homophobic person and a transgender person go at it and hug it out at the end. Because but they talk the most shit, say the most stereotypical offensive stuff. But when you say it's up all the guides of family and comedy and humor, we win. So but when you allow that stuff to be rooted and hate and therefore you think you better than somebody else because of your life experience trice versas, that's where shit goes wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's like people will talk out of like people will make mistakes, and I think that's just human nature. So if someone makes a mistake that's not from a hateful place exactly, talk to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why they put the racist on pencils. It's like it's like, yo, fuck with earthlings.
Speaker 3: So the new show that you're working on is called it's called Council Culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you getting exclusive here because I actually it wasn't supposed to talk about that yet.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: It's something I kind of realized, man that when I was doing my daytime talk shows, like this ain't where the bag is, you know what I mean? All of that Llen money and Oprah money, they came and scooped all of that up.
Speaker 3: So like they kind of got the last of that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I went in there, I was like, this, no way that this makes sense to make.
Speaker 2: It takes sixteen hours to make one hour and.
Speaker 3: The bandwidth of doing it every day, like.
Speaker 1: It was trying to do radio, Like it was literally draining me. So I had to step away. So I was like, I want to be able to do the same thing, have the same type of impact, but you know, consolidated and.
Speaker 3: Do all episodes of season or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but really, what even even though on a daily perspective, it's like it has to be able to be a part of my lifestyle opposed to me trying to come here and show up for work, like I don't work for nobody, So.
Speaker 2: It's like, if it feels like I got a job, then I'm out.
Speaker 1: But the fact that I can actually live my life and document the process and show the process and actually truly help people, and you know, the fact that I go to therapy a few times a week, how can I bring that to the table. The fact that you know, I have great relationships with the mothers and my children, and knowing how fascinated intrigue people are by my life, how can I offer that in a way to not only I can be open and honest and control my own narrative, but then at the same time, you know, monetize it for.
Speaker 3: You talk about like you are. Listen, twelve children, Yes, twelve kids.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're and counting something they say and counting. Nah, I think I'm good with my dirty dozen right now.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something. Do you ever regret not getting Kim Kardashian pregnant?
Speaker 2: You try to go viral?
Speaker 3: I'm just asking. I'm just asking because I look back at your history, and I'm like, man, if there was ever anyone that you could have put one up a bun in the oven, it could have been a billionaire, you know what.
Speaker 1: I believe that would alone. I'm tired of going viral every week. They already got mad at me about what I said about Taylor Swift. Oh you did say christ so I know that's now he says he's gonna get Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 3: He regrets because how would were Howard was kimming? You dated?
Speaker 2: We were both like in the mid twenties.
Speaker 3: Was this post Love Don't Cost a Thing?
Speaker 2: Or just right after Love Don't such a classic?
Speaker 3: Fucking just like a great movie.
Speaker 2: Mah man, it's fun. We're back.
Speaker 1: I've been I stepped away from from I kind of make like one movie a year that I own and control but I think I'm gonna dive back into movies in a little bit, like probably in the next five years and kind of get back to that space of like making classic content for our community.
Speaker 3: Have you thought about like they're like the lack of good comedies and it's crazy like done, I think cancel culture, yeah, or just over sensitizing.
Speaker 1: Just we lost all our r rated comedies that made it good comedy. Yeah, Hangup was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like since since some Hangover. Yeah, Girls, Trip and Bride'smaids are the only two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and those are I don't I don't where those I guess those where those are rated comedies.
Speaker 3: But like it's been twelve years since we've gotten like a classic hardcore comedy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm even in the sense of, like you said, to just stuff that even that you know you can sit around and watch it the family too, Like we don't have none of those like family film, we don't have it. We're our forest gumps where you know, like where's the stuff like that?
Speaker 3: Everything's like Marvel or yeah.
Speaker 2: Like Billy Madison or water Boy like that. Shit.
Speaker 1: I remember water Boy opening eighty million dollars this first week, you know, what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's kind of crazy because I always think, like I'm like someone rich enough hello, uh needs to come along and just be like fuck it.
Speaker 2: You gotta focus on it though.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that to make a good movie, you gotta focus on that shit. Like one, it takes the money, but then it also you got to make sure your marketing is together on the post and even like you can't make a good movie without having a great script. So it's like it's stuff like that that you just It's like I've done independent films really well too. But then because you can make the greatest independent film in the world, but if it don't reach the amount of people, then nobody ever really really know except for the festivals that gave you, you know, your little laurels and crests. So if you to do a great classic film, you gotta check the boxes from development all the way to it's actually in the theaters. So it takes it. It takes to trust me. People ask me all the time and you should do more movies. It's like that's the most time consumer ship out there.
Speaker 2: It's to make a good movie.
Speaker 3: Good movie you could put you could put some Hood classic TV ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it shouts out to toob I fuck with them heavy, but he's running it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but if you if you want to make some classic ship, if you want to make minutes of society.
Speaker 2: Boards in the hood drum line. I love don't cost the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean like I think, you know, probably for the culture that they did it the right way. I love with what Mike b is doing from you know, I feel like creed to go down classics.
Speaker 2: I feel like Black Panther go down as classics.
Speaker 1: But anything else for the culture ain't resonated except for like those those Jordans.
Speaker 3: Obviously Jordan Peele's putting out some crazy Yeah, but would you horror movie? Yeah? With that? Is that?
Speaker 1: Are we are we gonna be talking about? I'm just a question, like I think get out absolutely out for sure out I'm not sure us or.
Speaker 2: What's the the other one?
Speaker 3: Fuck? It just came out, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, like, but no offense.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, because you only can and what time will tell as well, you know what I mean? Like like people, people didn't really start fucking with love don't cross the thing heavy into back then it was out on home video.
Speaker 2: I mean it. They're decent in the in the theaters.
Speaker 1: But then once it was constantly playing that your Auntie and your Mama's House all the time, then it became a classic. So you know, maybe these films that we're talking about today, but I'm saying the ones that feel like, you know, we talked about, we talking about Love Jones, we talk about do the right.
Speaker 2: Thing, We talk about the wood boys in the hood.
Speaker 1: There's none of that ship it's crazy or people try, but they come short.
Speaker 2: Every time I've come short, you know.
Speaker 1: But it was like, damn, you know why because the studio didn't like I made a film called that everybody it's a hood classic like school Dance, but everybody was talking.
Speaker 3: About is that the one James is in?
Speaker 1: James Jefferson, Yeah, yeah, but everybody was talking like when we was making it, they was like, oh, this is like the next Friday, because yeah, Pete Day saying, Tiffany Hattish, Kat Williams, George Lopez, Mike Epps, Kevin Hart, little Duvaut like now we had everybody in this motherfucker and it's hilarious if you watch it. But because Lionsgate didn't market it correctly and they didn't.
Speaker 2: They did, They didn't really know what they had. They just threw that ship out there.
Speaker 1: So it's like you got it going, I say, from the script to the time, like it's fucking in the theaters and like the marketing, all of everything gotta be pristine.
Speaker 3: Would you ever try to develop like a scripted like drama or comedy or something like.
Speaker 1: We got some shit, we got some shit coming, Like I got it. I got it pretty like I said, I got deals at all of these difference.
Speaker 3: Instead of like I do feel like we don't get it in movies anymore, but we do get it in shows. Yeah, we do, and that's old false fire. There's some great comedy shows.
Speaker 1: So I got We've been developing for a while and I just you know, I like making more moves and less announcements. But I can I can tell you about the ship that we've been cooking up and spending money on. Is a me E forty and too short, got yay area project? Is that the one Simpson?
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, not that one.
Speaker 3: That one's fire like that playing too short?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I heard about it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about this is like a series that the three of us are producing. That's gonna be like the same way that you see the BMF, the Powers, the Wise.
Speaker 3: A home for you or you just trying to put it together and then try some things.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about right now, but you're fifty cents leaving stars.
Speaker 3: They could use you.
Speaker 2: Na hey, that's good business over there.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like, I do have a few deal set up around town that allow me to do scripted things, so we excited about it.
Speaker 3: I do feel like what I appreciated about your YouTube show it was Cannon's Class right, Yeah, yeah, I feel like you were doing like a lot of dope, like necessary interviews conversations, and they've kind of gone away.
Speaker 2: Well see we launched the Canyons Class again.
Speaker 1: I actually kind of never went away, but now even on a bigger level again because now I was doing that before. Podcasting was the thing to do and it was really part of our college career Leman Howard University.
Speaker 3: Now, I just love the YouTube channel. I remember when we were one. Yeah, you had some dope episode.
Speaker 1: We back on that too, We definitely, and you'll start seeing that stuff roll back out. It was just I had to get I had to get everything a line because I do have so many shows that I wanted people to recognize and and respect what the content was coming from.
Speaker 3: Okay, your schedule on December twenty fifth every year? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I'm saint nick baby?
Speaker 3: Are we bringing everyone to the same crib?
Speaker 2: I think I always said I was saying this.
Speaker 1: I think that only benefits me, you know what I mean, because then everybody has to come to me, And I think that's pretty selfish.
Speaker 3: Kids, you got twenty four hours in a day on Christmas. Just the half Latino ones get Christmas Eve because that's their day.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what they're to your point, you're joking, that's the truth, because Abby and her kids.
Speaker 2: Bag they celebrate Christmas on the twenty four See you know how this works? Like, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: No. To be honest, though, it is really about I mean not just it just happened, even agetting with Easter. It's like, you know, you don't you don't necessarily have to operate based off of the social construct that everybody else is subscribed to. So we make sure that we celebrate Christmas however long we want to celebrate Christmas. I mean not that late, but I mean like it's a it's could be the twenty second. Yeah, you know, they always wonder how Santa Claus can deliver all those presents to still get home to Missus Clauses by the morning. So it's we move around and I'm I'm festive like that. As much as holidays, the pagan holidays don't matter to me. I love what it does for children, So I'm always dressing up. And Chris, it ain't Christmas Day, It's Christmas week, you know in my house a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it used to be a week. Yeah, like we're.
Speaker 2: Throwing Easter egg hunts all week long when it's Easter time.
Speaker 3: I mean, all the moms and kids live in Cali. Besides Mariah, she lives in Cali too. Oy. Yeah, I mean she got property every.
Speaker 2: Special, but that's usually it is.
Speaker 1: You know, we got we got houses on the and the west coast, so we everybody's.
Speaker 3: The newer children are all in Cali.
Speaker 1: U currently, I tell you, I got calabasses on lot. You just canabasas cannon basses.
Speaker 3: Everyone's over there.
Speaker 2: Everybody's over there.
Speaker 3: That ralps got it. Mom's got to be running into each other.
Speaker 2: Ralphs and shit, we lit, we tear, we tear, the commons. Up.
Speaker 3: What up, y'all? We got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at My Bookie. Look, baseball season it is back in full swing, and my Bookie your one stop shop for everything you need to get money off of your favorite baseball teams, your favorite baseball players, all the betting needs, the got you man. So many different options including money lines, the run lines, totals, futures, all of it. My Bookie gives you plenty of ways to bet on your favorite teams and players and get some of that money. You can also take advantage of the brand new My Bookie money Bag. It gives you the chance to secure a bet on your favorite team or player at crazy boosted odds. What you gotta do right now, sign up in My Bookie, use the promo code Bootleg to secure a first deposit bonus two one thousand dollars. Now, how that works is if you deposit two hundred dollars, you get to play with three hundred dollars instantly. That's what we're doing, all right. All you gotta do is use that promo code Bootleg to claim your bonus asap. So, look, if you're a baseball fan, there's so much excitement when it comes to bet and baseball. You know, I would say baseball is one of the funnest and easiest sports to gamble on if you really know what the fuck you're doing. Plus, we got the NBA playoffs coming, so much happening with the playoffs, we got to play in tournament, we got the Let's see, I love the series the Cavaliers versus Nets Nicks because the Nets are not playing the Cavaliers. The Knicks are wrong. New York Team Suns versus Clippers. Fucking hammer the Suns minus two hundred to beat the Clippers. It's gonna happen, all right. So look, go to my bookie right now, sign up with that promo code Bootleg and get that first deposit bonus. Ladies and gentlemen. It's so easy, I promise you. My Bookie's got it covered for you. Baseball, of course, Basketball, NBA playoffs, futures, you go. I mean, they got the casino popping, they got blackjack, they got lit, they got it all my bookie, dot Ag promo code Bootleg, keV promo colde Bootleg. Actually, go sign up, you'll see it. It's right there and we got to give a big shout out to the good folks at blue Chee. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. It's getting a little hot outside, that's right, it's getting super hot. It is getting hot. Finally tired of this fucking cold ass weather. You know what that means. It's fucking season, baby. That's right. If you are, you know, maybe dealing with a little erectile dysfunction, it happens to the best of us. You don't have to be an old guy to get ed. You might just have a We don't even say what you might have. But maybe you're dealing with stress at work. Maybe you're dealing with stress at home and you're not performing up to par. Maybe your penis could be a little bit more harder. Let to be honest, that's really what we're talking about here, right Go to blue cheo dot com right now and used to promo code Bootleg and you can get a month supply for free. That's right, a month supply for free at blue choo dot com. Now a lot of people are asking what is blue Choo? How does it work? Does it work? One? Of course it works? Two how does it work? It has the same active ingredients as viagra and sialis. But it's in a blue chewable tablet. Yes, it's a chewable right. And the best part about it you don't even have to go to the doctor's office to get it. It's all online. You don't have to have any sort of embarrass embarrassing conversations with people in regards to you know you're junk now working the way you want it to work, or whatever the fuck. All you got to do is go online at blue choo dot com learning to get you situated with your first month for free. As long as you use that promo code Bootleg free month supply of blue Choe. Use the promo code Bootleg, it gets delivered straight to your door discrete packaging. Plus they got the new mid flavor, which is the same exact active ingredient as Levitra. So many ways you can blue Cheo. Man, I'll tell you this, though, it's about to get hot a fuck outside. You about to hit that spring break. You want to make sure you're equipped, you know what I mean. Bluetoo dot com promo code Bootleg get a free month on me. All you do is pay five dollars in shipping what's up, y'all, Bootleg keV here got to tell you about our homies who are our new sponsor at the podcast. And it's so dope that we got to work with them because I've been using their product for so long. I'm talking about the homies at King Palm. Baby, that's right. Shout out to King Palm. If y'all don't know all natural tobacco free, no additive leaf raps, all right, they're literal leafs, all right. And when I tell you they're the best, they're the industry leader when it comes to the tobacco free natural leaf wrap situation. And my shit is this. They got these amazing raps that come with these flavor infused turping tips, and these ones right here, the Red Rains are a movie. Shout out to the Red Rains because they don't think about these is they taste like a goddamn energy drink. You squeeze the tip right. There's so much you can get when it comes to King Pom, so many dope products. Of course, their stable product is that empty leaf tube with the pre installed filter tip. No need to lick or roll it. All you do is just pack it with what you want some of them legal herbs and get it in all right, and check this out right now. You can go to the website kingpom dot com use the promo code bootleg keV for fifty percent off so much. We're talking about rollable wraps, hemp cones, and all the essential smoking accessories you will ever need for the smoothest smoke, easy to use. Go order them right now kingpom dot com with that promo code bootleg keV, or go to your local smoke shop, even that seven eleven's on the block. They gonna have the King Pom. They are the pioneer of the natural leaf wrap and they're getting you hooked up right now at kingpom dot com promo code bootleg keV half off all right, shout out to King Pomp. The watermelons are fire too. I'm gonna go with the watermelon and the energy drink the red rain gas, or you can just go wich is the normal, you know what I mean? Man who would like to smoke just straight natural organic, don't panic. It's organic man, free of tobacco and additives. Go fuck with King Pom using that promo code bootleg caf at kingpom dot com let's get back to the interview. Dude, are are your kids mom's friends at all?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I never like to generalize because or they or are they at least cordial friend like they don't like the ones who like they? I leave that up to them in the narratives in which they share every No, like everybody is like nurturing and loving and respectful enough that they understand what's going on. So nobody got any problems or any negativity. Like we fly on a higher frequency than that. So like, but i't, you know, don't expect everybody to be hanging out together.
Speaker 3: But it's like, listen, I'm just trying to figure because I've seen a lot of these cults are coldon cult Netflix documentaries recently.
Speaker 2: Are the cannon cults?
Speaker 1: Is the cannon cults of thing you must wear a turbine and bears a term seven.
Speaker 3: Let's have at least one base.
Speaker 2: To operate against the Circadian clock.
Speaker 1: Nah Man, I think it's it's just I mean, obviously I'm probably just more open and honest about my very very transparent about I think look at look at you know, everybody from the Bob Marley's to the Muhammad A. L's to the you know, Quincy Joneses of the world. All of these great men have are fathers of many and right.
Speaker 3: But I do think what you did was you did it all at once.
Speaker 2: Hey man, the clock is ticket.
Speaker 3: It felt like it was so crazy because like, we do a nationally syndicated radio show every day and I couldn't talk about you on the show because our biggest affiliate was Real ninety two three power six.
Speaker 2: And did they literally tell you don't talk about it.
Speaker 3: I just you know, just shoutut to doc. I ain't fucking with doctors. Of course he is.
Speaker 2: But our kids was playing together when we competition, so it was.
Speaker 3: Be crazy because me and James would be like, fuck, Nick's having another. I felt like every six weeks there was just a new I think it's it's it's you know, because all the kids are going to be pretty.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be an interesting upbringing. I mean, I'm pretty sure there will be some challenges, but I think there'll be some beautiful things.
Speaker 3: Come Gradua. Put them all in the same school.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping, I mean, in the same area. It all depends, you know what I mean. But you know, even some of my kids right now, at home school. So it's like, well, we'll figure all of that stuff, but what what will school be in ten years? If you want to be honest with it, you know, based off of the way the world is going. So I think, you know, a lot of my kids right now are active in extracurricular activities and sports and stuff, so that probably might become challenging to where you know, they're definitely going to try to make a certain simular games on certain days now, you know, baseball, basketball, and track overlap, you know what I mean. So even sometimes they can't even make it to their own games. So it's like it's always going to be something.
Speaker 3: I've only been married once tomorrow, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only will be married once. It's only going to happen once.
Speaker 3: So when all this starts first happening, right, does Mariah call you be like what the fuck are you doing? Broh?
Speaker 1: Not really we have that type of like type of conversation, but she's a little bit more understanding. She's kind of be like, I see you out there making waves, Like she kind of comes from it more from that perspective. But there was no I think only sometimes maybe when things in the media get misconstrued or people make up stuff like you.
Speaker 3: Got to clear it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got, we got We talk every day, so it be like yo, like it was some wild ship of like saying that we were having like a custody battle or something. I saw that, and it's like I was like, we just was at dinner yesterday. You ain't telling me, you know. But it's like once we kind of do away with all the rumors, because people do like to start rumors and operating that low frequency, but we all we all be on the same phase.
Speaker 3: Do you still have the tattoo? Did you cover it up?
Speaker 2: I added to it. Shall we say it's my whole? That was my only tattoo at one time? Now I remember.
Speaker 3: I remember I was like this this guy's outside, Yeah he got the whole.
Speaker 1: Mariah Carriers damn right, our game I or nothing that she gave by Ryan Carrey was.
Speaker 3: My as a small child. She was like my first crush. So when I saw it, I was like shot out to Nick man it was Brian Jlo And actually my boy ended up being with Jlo Casper. Smart.
Speaker 2: Look at these young tin cools out here in these.
Speaker 3: Street getting it together. Man. How I want to talk about because I don't feel like you get enough credit in terms of your ear for talent on the music side. A girl like Kailani somebody who was signed with you initially, her was signed when she was eleven to you too incredible you have like a.
Speaker 1: Now she went in Oscars and Grammys and stuff, shouts out the young Gabby.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How like for you? Like, why do you think you get enough credit?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: When it comes to the music shit? Because I feel like I think I feel like people obviously listen, you've put out some dope records, but I also feel like people don't really take you serious as an as an artist ever tried to push it well also because I feel like we just see you as.
Speaker 1: Doing so many things, and like I came up in a time where you couldn't do more than one thing, so I had your pick and choose. So I chose, you know, you know, comedy and movies and shit, but so you couldn't do both when I was young.
Speaker 2: But what's dope is that I was a DJ and.
Speaker 1: A producer, like all through high school, so I didn't really I never wanted to be in front of the camera. So throughout my career I've written and produced records that I got platinum records all day long. But it's just like I never was like, this is me looking and paying attention to me even when it came to the artistry stuff. I never was really on that. So what I've done now, just because obviously the spotlight is hot, I created a new show for BT called Future Superstars and it's a tour as well.
Speaker 3: So so you just were on tour with us, all of them.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: So the fact that now the television show will show that journey. They will show you know, me as a music man and show me in the space of talent discovery or show me me as a producer and all of that type of stuff. So I'm excited about that that wave of my career because it.
Speaker 2: Has I haven't talked about it.
Speaker 1: It has been the afterthought a lot of times, even though I've been doing you know, I make all the music on wild'n Out, you know what I mean, Like I it's a I'm a musician's musician. So that's where like the fact that you know I could play drums, piano, guitar, all of that stuff, I've never really been like, oh well, look out, well I rhyme these words together.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to everybody who does that.
Speaker 1: But that was never like my main focus because I was more about creating movements and creating opportunities. So I'm glad now that I get the opportunity to kind of take that side of my career.
Speaker 3: Seriously, when you have like someone like her, you sign her as a kid, sign her as a kid or Kaylanie? Was she signed you before she was eighteen? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was right before she finished high school.
Speaker 3: What was the name of the group that went on tour with Tech nine psych Woord Druggies that kid passed away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan ba address is soul Man.
Speaker 3: That was my man, super But do you like, like you let them out of their deals that the deals run their course.
Speaker 1: I'm not even one of them dudes, Like everybody else around me wants me to be one of those dudes, Like take the credited sign on it, you need your logo on it. I'm like, look, give me the credit when you want to give me the credit.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Other than that, it's cool, Like I'm a handshake type of person. I don't want nothing from you except to see you win. So that's a rare thing in this game. But it's like I always tell the artists that I rock with, Look, I'm gonna be rich whether you make it or not.
Speaker 2: Like, so I don't need like those ideas.
Speaker 1: It is like I don't need anything from you, Like I'm cool help you out.
Speaker 2: So all I want to let me help you. I'll give you advice and see how you run.
Speaker 1: But you know, obviously a lot of people think that you know, I should, I should be taking percentages and doing all of that. So usually I only ask for you know, ask back for the money that I put in if you're if you're stable enough to do that.
Speaker 2: But I don't even ask.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, these major labels still owe me, owe me checks for you know, the artists that I kindly just gave them. So but I just I did that because I wanted to see those artists when and didn't want them to get into a deal in debt.
Speaker 2: So I can always step away.
Speaker 1: But you know those big record execs, you know, you know who you owe.
Speaker 3: You some money?
Speaker 1: Absolutely yes for her, and I mean if they look up the paperwork. But I mean I'm good with all of those people just based off of the But I definitely, like I said, I never wanted anything from them, right, Like, I always wanted them to succeed, And even the arrangements that we made with various management and various record labels, I was like, yo, I'll be I'll step back now that I know they're in good hands. You know, I'm off to the next thing, because I really don't want anything from anybody. But when those major systems who make hundreds of millions of dollars off.
Speaker 3: Of these artists, like, yeah, let me get my investment back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, at least give me the money that I spent to bring them to you.
Speaker 2: So, you know, but again I ain't that's small paper count.
Speaker 3: Was there anyone who you almost signed that it got right to the finish line? But for whatever, Yeah, a couple.
Speaker 2: Of people like Becky G.
Speaker 1: I remember Becky g early on, you know she was she was like a little fourteen year old girl rapping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many people.
Speaker 1: I mean, because I used to run Teen Island at death, jam l A. Reed put me a charge of all of the teen acts and you know, obviously the it was. It was a cool roster. It was a group I created called the school Girls. Artist named Aaron Fresh, who was super dope, and we had an arsenal of artists and I was making I was putting them all in. The Gabby was a part of that as well. We put them all on in these Nickelodeon movies that we were making. And the first the star at the time and the one that obviously the biggest act on Teen Island he just was bubbling up the internet was this young kid named Justin Bieber who.
Speaker 2: The rest is history.
Speaker 1: Really, the whole Teen Island budget just folded then went into Beaver's career and it's the Justin Bieber that we know to this day.
Speaker 3: So was that prior to him linking with Usher It was during.
Speaker 1: The same time, same time that feel like it was, like I said, te he got the deal in the building, but as you you know.
Speaker 3: They upstreamed him quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like.
Speaker 1: I think the Nickelodeon movie that we put on, it was Justin's first thing ever on television, so in the first movie and stuff that he had ever did, because before then he was just this dope little kid from YouTube that they were about to put out a record and all that, and so I was like, yo, he about to go and then he he he went.
Speaker 3: He went, can you give for people who are watching this who want to get involved in making original content, or maybe they want to try to figure out how to get an idea they have for a TV show going or something like that, but maybe they might not necessarily have the relationships, the resources, whatever it is, what would be some advice you would give them?
Speaker 1: Don't stop, I mean to think about like everybody and do all of this literally from their phone. That's even one of the reasons why I'm excited about launching a daily canning because it's like it's literally from your phone if need be, Like the fact you can make millions of dollars from your phone, so there's no more excuses. Back in the day, I used to have to shoot pilots and rent cameras and stay all of that stuff to just to get my ideas out. Now you can do the same level of content from your phone. Like if you listen to DC Young Fly story man he was he didn't even have a phone. He had to steal somebody's phone and make the content to you know, now do is a millionaire in a household name, So it's like there are no excuses. You could do it from the trap you could do it from your projects.
Speaker 3: You could get you know, the homie WATSOI Kwan. He's like, dude, I do everything on my phone. Everything you see is edited on my iPhone. These are the two apps I use. There's no excuse.
Speaker 2: You know that was somebody you know, I saw his movement.
Speaker 1: We gave him opportunity on wild'n Out, So it's like there's no excuses out there. Talk about the new radio show Daily Canning. Man, it's a new platform. It's on a Yeah Yeah, yeah so, which is owned by Amazon, so we over there cooking.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's beauty.
Speaker 1: It's reinventing radio and kind of bringing social media and podcasting all into the same form. So it's dope because in the same way, like I'm always I remember when Twitter first popped off, I remember when TikTok was musically I was in there, and like, I feel like, I feel like the same buzz is going on now with these ideas of like community and we've seen it pop with Clubhouse, but I feel like AMP is even taken to another level because now you're allowed to have your own show and your own content and your own brand, and they're empowering you like, through the system of Amazon, so you know, it's no more talking at people as talking with people. So everybody can have a show, everybody can have listeners. So that's how we rocking, you know, Monday through Friday, six am to nine am.
Speaker 3: So you're doing that Monday through Friday, six to nine live live, what the fuck? And this is with Abby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's gonna be on there too. Shout out to Abby DJ Abby de la Rossa.
Speaker 3: She's playing music. Yeah, oh so she's playing music your hosting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's part of the show too, but you got to have her talk with that rat voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, she's up, but she she runs it.
Speaker 1: She's the musical director as well, so she's she's getting it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Abby for people who don't know, you're to your kids she had twins, Yeah yeah, yeah. She she been on radio for a long time.
Speaker 2: Started she was a star before before the cannon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like you were like yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she's a master in this space. If anything, I need her more than she needs me in this space.
Speaker 3: So that's six to nine wilding out. Then the new show with Kevin Hart where you're you're pretty much. It's kind of like filling a space that has been vacated for a very long time. Because back in the day we had punked.
Speaker 1: Yeah before that candy camera, uh, celebrity bloopers and practical jokes and all that stuff. But now we just did it. You know, everybody knows me. And ever since we got money, we started playing pranks on each other, right uh, and you know that's what rich friends do to each other. So we wanted to be like, Yo, we could, we should turn this into a TV show and let the world in on it, because I mean, we were doing it through social media already, but now it's a number one show on e Yo.
Speaker 3: You mentioned you being rich. You have all the money. You don't leave no money for nobody else.
Speaker 1: Now I'm at this stage my life where I'm trying to get everybody else. It's lonely at the top, baby, like, I want my friends to be rich too. So that's always been the concept. So now I'm at the stage it ain't. I don't care about making.
Speaker 2: Money no more.
Speaker 3: I want I want some financial friends. Financial literary literacy advice from Nick Cannon, Yes, give me, give me a few gems, some tax listen I have lots.
Speaker 1: Of babies, and instead of giving them the money, create trust in their name. So by the time the eighteen year old their CEOs of their own company and it could be whatever the company they want to be.
Speaker 2: And you finance it. So now you birth the business.
Speaker 3: And also, isn't there some sort of like account that you can put a certain amount of money in for each kid? That's an account, it's a tax ran off every year.
Speaker 1: Well that don't fuck with irs. We ain't trying to get no tax, right. I give all my money to where it's.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be.
Speaker 1: You pay taxes, yeah, absolutely, but no, but see what it is. You got to understand you got to have your tax money make money. But we'll get into that another conversation. But I'll give the government everything they ask for.
Speaker 3: Your tax money make money.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you again, I give the government everything they ask for.
Speaker 3: I'm just really I get out of it, like Nick, I'm sorry, listen, Nick, I'm sarting to do pretty good right now. I really just need some advice not to pay I.
Speaker 1: Mean honestly that that's don't ever play with the I r s oh, I'm not trying to No, fuck that, Okay, because that's where they go. You see that the biggest gangsters in the world what they imprisoned.
Speaker 3: For tax evasion exactly. So shout out to Wesley Snipe.
Speaker 1: Do not play like give them the money that they ask for, but learn how to how to get your money and operate and give them everything that they need. But there's ways to actually if you're a wise business man, you got good business man.
Speaker 3: There's like there's stuff in the tax school you can take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but see like I make and not to get it to like I make so much money that like all of that that that concept of oh or tax write offs, that's only for when you when you're in a certain level, when you make more, when you pay more in taxes than most people make in a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Just you always hear how like Jeff Bezos doesn't pay taxes stuff.
Speaker 1: But that's actually that Yeah, that's not what they're So what they're saying is there's infrastructure set up.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a perfect.
Speaker 1: Example, like and that's it was probably gonna get a little too deep. But when you get into like the world of like lobbyists, in the world of like even nonprofits in that sense, to where there's levels you can give an abundant amount of money to things that you really care.
Speaker 3: About, and and and that you'd rather do that than give it to the I R. S or And that's legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you can give you can you can have charitable philanthropic efforts where you can give hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Away to education, to childcare too. Uh.
Speaker 3: And you would rather do that than give it to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because and and you're saying that's not you're saying, hey, government, let me do what you're doing, right, You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It looks like you would rather spend your tax money on stuff that you care about exactly. So what lobbyist is Nick Cannon? What are we lobbying for? Nick?
Speaker 2: Well? See, that's where you know, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like nobody knows where you are on the political spectacs.
Speaker 2: And that's how it should Yeah, that's how it should be, Nick Cannon.
Speaker 3: You're like in a enigma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I let you know. I'll let them live how they want to live.
Speaker 3: Yo. Did you ever regret bringing all the wilding out boys into your beef with Eminem?
Speaker 2: No? That was amazing.
Speaker 3: You had you dragged all these guys, and now all these toxic mountain dude drinking cargo, short wearing mfs.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, your attention is my currency, baby, keep it going. All of those guys are a lot more popular now and than they were before they started. And that was I mean, that was all again, that was all the media. That was just trying to get people to watch Wilding Out. You shot a music video for that, Oh, we shot several. Yeah, we were on the set of Wilding Out. But the logos is all in the back.
Speaker 3: Do you think MGK be Eminem in their battle? What?
Speaker 2: What? It depends on beat?
Speaker 3: I think I think he won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I won.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with I don't. I don't agree.
Speaker 1: If somebody picks a fight but doesn't show up to the fight.
Speaker 3: I don't think he would.
Speaker 2: So so who won? How did he win.
Speaker 3: By not responding?
Speaker 2: He did respond? First of all, I responded to him.
Speaker 3: He start talking ship first.
Speaker 2: He was on Fat Joe's record talking all.
Speaker 1: How many years and see, but that's the thing everybody thinks.
Speaker 2: I don't I love Eminem. He started sucking with me and then right off like a little bitch like so you.
Speaker 3: Think his Eminem didn't reply to your record.
Speaker 2: He did not know he started. He started making records about me.
Speaker 3: Said on the Fat Joe record, He's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, something like a lot of ship. And I was like, I went on. I was like, why are you fucking with me? Like and I know, like for it was some shit. He says he's gonna cut my dick off of some weird ship like that, like and I was like.
Speaker 2: Huh, like that was years ago.
Speaker 3: So then you replied.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, let's have some fun. And I had a great fucking time. He got sug on the record.
Speaker 3: It was he was licked shooting on the song. It's from jam he made the record just called in like fucking back in the day, who was that rapper from Sacramento X rated?
Speaker 1: No, but I think it was off of Sport. I mean I love him, I mean I love I mean even so.
Speaker 3: You think you won the battle absolutely like we're talking for the sport.
Speaker 2: He didn't respond.
Speaker 3: I don't think he needed to.
Speaker 2: He started it.
Speaker 1: See you wanted you wanted the mother Mountain do motherfuckers on Twitter was the greatest.
Speaker 3: While I'm sitting here drinking a fucking energy drink, one.
Speaker 2: Of those guys. I didn't. First of all, I didn't. I would love it if.
Speaker 1: I mean he responded with a tweet and all that, because that became the narrative. Because if you remember how the narrative, I smashed him over the head, people like, oh, ship, this ship is hot. Then I gotta look. No, absolutely, I smashed him over the head. Then I came again and they were like, that's when I brought you know, the Black Squad and all the battle Rappers.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, this is a little too much. They're beating them now, you guys are bullying him.
Speaker 1: That was the thing. And then and then when I did no, that's what they said. They said we were bullying him. He was like, it's three on one. You had to go get.
Speaker 3: Battle rap what I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then the third time I started bringing race into it. Now that's why I went too far. I should have Then it just looked like I was I did too much. I should have stopped at the second record.
Speaker 3: You should have put Benzino on a song. I was, hey, that was that everlast just pulled all his fucking.
Speaker 2: But we all know Eminem is the goat and like he's one of them. Yeah, he can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's definitely, you know, top five. But I think Drake is coming for a spot though, Like that's that's s.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's an argument you made Drake, because it's all about numbers, Drake might have passed him and them.
Speaker 2: So then him might not have a fifth spot.
Speaker 1: Eminem is a better rapper, though, what is what is your definition of better?
Speaker 2: I mean Eminem is.
Speaker 3: A better word smith. Lyrics, he's better.
Speaker 1: I don't all about lyricist, well, I mean we've definitely we've heard lower and storyteller.
Speaker 3: We have heard Drake reference tracks.
Speaker 1: But see, I don't want to get into that, because Drake is a better songmaker than the majority of the industry.
Speaker 3: One million percent. Drake will wipe his ass with Eminem as a songmaker.
Speaker 1: But if we're talking about bar for bar, punchline and lyricism, I'm gonna go with Drake wordplay even because only thing about because word prey is difficult because wordplay has to do with flow and Eminem is the king of flow.
Speaker 3: You think Drake bar for bar is better than Eminem? Yeah? What was he that? Life?
Speaker 1: Strictly if you're if you're because lyrics like Eminem is a great storyteller. Might be one of my favorite storytellers in hip hop, and that's I got him Cube Biggie slick Rick storytelling, and that, to me is probably the most difficult part of hip hop. Sure pock as well. You know Brenda's got a baby keep your Oh yeah it see, I don't whole is a great storytelling. Maybe he has a song called Meet the Parents. It's on the blueprint too. It's one of the best storytelled records ever. Oh no, I mean just Streets is watching and that whole project. But if we're going to guys who can tell a fucking story, Eminem is probably number one because ain't nobody topping stand, ain't nobody topping. He's good, but he's not consistent with It's not like with lyricism now.
Speaker 3: But Nas did a whole story backwards backwards.
Speaker 1: I mean Nas did a whole record as a bullet like creativity is out of here. But if we're talking storytellers, Eminem is a better storyteller than Drake. But if we're going ooh that bar for Barr, Eminem's never said nothing bar wise.
Speaker 2: That blew my mind.
Speaker 3: What is he said? Hey, listen, I'm just letting you talk, Mom Spaghetti spoken from a man who lost the battle.
Speaker 2: You care.
Speaker 3: I did not lose, and you might not have lost, but you didn't win.
Speaker 2: I showed up to the fight, motherfucker. You did show up, like but and that's that, you know.
Speaker 1: I was just in Detroit last week with my man Roy, So that's it's all.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, listen, that's that's great.
Speaker 1: But I think if we're talking about the sport of it, like to me, hip hop is wrestling, I.
Speaker 3: Think MGK won his battle because I think the fact we even questioned it again, I think he had a better song, yes, and I think like he was actually saying shit that people were like kind of thinking, like, yeah, this guy just wears fucking stupid sweatpants. He's been wearing the same Jordan jumpsuit for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: But I think I think.
Speaker 1: MGK made the same mistake that I made, that we were probably a little too excited into over zealous that we got to battle with the gleamed into it that we got to get in the ring with one of the best to ever do it right, I'm I ain't gonna for I was excited.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, he's paying attention.
Speaker 1: Let's go, We're gonna get so many whild out like, because the whole goal was to get attention. I mean, that's why everyone's on social media. Don't give it fucked up. You all sold your souls.
Speaker 3: The all content. You got a fucking Instagram account.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sold your soul to the devil a Instagram.
Speaker 1: Uh. But so we were and the real goal, and I mean it was conversations that we're being had behind the scenes, like we was trying to get them at least to even just give just the step.
Speaker 2: Foot on one of your minions, Sen Royce. No, that's why. First of all, Royce is a goat by himself, one of the greatest lyrics.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's an argument you made lyrically roices.
Speaker 2: Just it's good. It's eminem. I'm just saying, if not better, damn it.
Speaker 1: I said it like like but uh, and I mean I'm pretty sure m would say the same thing. That's the reason why I invested in him and made him his partner and put his arm around him. But uh, it's just you know, it is what it is, Like, dude, we know what it is. We know these marketing machines are massive.
Speaker 3: Yo, You're kind of like Switzerland in so many ways. I feel like you're cool with so many people. Have you tried to ever, like bring people together that are having disagreements?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the time. But the best in the game to do that is Fat Joe. Fat Joe's the one that got me and him too. I mean it wasn't beefing, but Fat Joe was like because one it started over his record and then uh and then he was like, man, come.
Speaker 3: On, y'all, y'all was that on the Lean Back remix?
Speaker 2: Now long ago?
Speaker 3: It was like, what what was doing?
Speaker 2: It was Joe's last album.
Speaker 3: Oh, Eminem is a song that's what started all this ship.
Speaker 2: I was on the station at power and people like you heard Eminem. I was like, you mean twenty years ago, there's.
Speaker 3: Like no today, Lord Above. I think I heard it one time.
Speaker 2: He brought up all some old ship.
Speaker 3: Damn Eminem. Can't let go? Man, I was, do you think he's just sitting at home watching while and out like, fuck this monk that's twenty seasons. Fucked this Scott Nah.
Speaker 2: I think at this at this point, I think you know.
Speaker 3: Because what was it all over? Mariah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I guess that's where he started talking ship. And then that's where you know again.
Speaker 3: I always never knew what the fuck actually because he would bring up Mariah so much in raps. I was like, that was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, I think it's a little bizarre. Yeah, you know he's a.
Speaker 3: Bizarre Yeah shout bizarre from twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're gonna be coming at you. Funk you cav. That's why your boot leg.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be give someone. That's what they'd say exactly.
Speaker 2: That's those guys on.
Speaker 3: Twitter that I know do I see the comments all the time. Now, I know why I call you.
Speaker 2: You don't come up with nothing original?
Speaker 3: Who you got in a lot of Nikki battle?
Speaker 1: Oh, nik I gotta ask. I mean I love stir it up. That's like I feel, so where if you ask.
Speaker 2: Me Kim or Nicky, I'm gonna go Kim.
Speaker 3: Really, she didn't write her ship.
Speaker 1: Well, you make a good point, but I'm just saying she's still the only reason I say I'm talking about the hierarchy.
Speaker 2: Queen nikis.
Speaker 3: I think Nikki is the female goat.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 2: I think, first of all, that's not disrespect. Nikki is a goat. Whether whatever her ginger.
Speaker 3: You know for sure she is one.
Speaker 1: Of the coldest artists in the last decade, like we can't sleep on the like her skill, her pen sonically, she changed.
Speaker 3: The goats on the on records.
Speaker 1: That's what exactly. When she came with that Monster, that was her record and she that was whole Kanye Ross like she is whatever, gender aside, sex aside.
Speaker 3: She she's that bit dope.
Speaker 1: She's the only person in that that she could to me, that has the same level of talent and that you should even we should even be comparing her.
Speaker 2: To is Lauren.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Lauren, those three, that's those, that's those kind of I agree.
Speaker 3: Missy to me, probably out of the three we just named, has my favorite music. I just think that like when over Lauren, well, I mean Lauren went out, Missy got more. Well there was the Score and then the mis Education, but I just feel like Missy had like a four or five album run that was just like Jesus right, But those those are the three she was working with, timbaland Missy helping right for fucking genuine.
Speaker 1: And everybody everybody that's w V missus, but so Missy Nikki as well, as Lauren, who's your overall top five all time in no order? I don't make you put so difficult. I mean we do this on my show all the time. We break it down in categories. That's why I was talking like storyteller. But if we're just saying overall pack, okay, there's like just the most influential person in hip hop to ever do it, then the best to ever do it. From the authenticity, I agree. Just like I said, we went from influence, uh, then we went to uh. Then it gets tricky because there's so many other people that could check this box. But I need, like, like more the the effect on the culture with your lyricism.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's when you.
Speaker 1: Got to give it to the g So that's where you got to go in the spaces like the rock hymns, the ls, the ice cubes like that's I if I they're equal to me. But if I'm gonna have to go most successful, I'm gonna go cube Q. Yeah yeah, so cute. So I go cube as three uh and then ship. That's where we get to that sticky point of.
Speaker 3: Well you already said that top five, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying because I'm still I'm gonna give you my last three and this is six to get me six. So it has to be between Kendrick, Drake, and m.
Speaker 3: I love that you put Kendrick in there.
Speaker 2: It has to. I agree with you man like it got so but I don't know where those three go.
Speaker 1: That's fair, like can like Drake might cancel out for him and put him at six. Kendrick might cancel out Drake and put him at like, I don't know where those last three gos. Like, well really, because there's only two spots left and I got three people.
Speaker 3: I love the it's a good six, so it's a respectable six. Yeah, the only person missing is Nas in my opinion, See where would he go? Though? And I would take Cuba?
Speaker 2: Would what Cube is done for the culture?
Speaker 1: Though? I know CE got bigger record, he's got classics, Q got way bigger. If the cub did a versus Q wins all day long. I agree he wins the versus so and and and really who wins the love?
Speaker 2: Nas?
Speaker 1: But are we talking about is illmatic? No America's KKK. We got lethal injection, we.
Speaker 3: Got sons stillmatic. It was written that level. It was written.
Speaker 2: It was written fire at that level.
Speaker 3: Though, Okay, what about this. There's this debate fifty cent versus Little Wayne in a versus battle who went all day?
Speaker 1: I agree because this way ain't got more records. Fifty has the biggest song in hip hop history. Let's not get in the Club is the biggest song.
Speaker 3: It's the matter Usher, Yeah, which is not necessarily hip hop.
Speaker 1: The two biggest club The two biggest songs in hip hop history are Rappers Delight and the in the Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids know both of those for sure, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's just like that. I feel like twenty years from now will be saying the same thing. The two biggest songs to the hip hop are rappers of Lighting in the club. Because that's just they're bigger than their damn near bigger than hip hop.
Speaker 3: Hey, we gotta stop the interview. Shouts to our great sponsors at hard Dean Las Vegas. You see them. They gave me this amazing box to keep my things in. What kind of things premium things that you can buy at Hardean Las Vegas. Yeah, if you're in Vegas, stop off at Hardan. Tell them my censhit. That'll take care of you, all right, Number one dispensary. I've ever been into, the nicest dispensary in the world. They got their own fucking scent. They got the biggest, craziest selection of premium cannabis you will ever see in your life. You walk in and you feel like they just treat you like family as soon as you walk in. All right, So look, this is what you're gonna do. You're gonna go to Hardean Las Vegas dot com. Check them out, go follow them online, Harding Underscore Las Vegas. And when you're in Las Vegas, this is your first stop. You don't go to the fucking casino. You don't go to the You go to fucking Harden. Get situated. Say Bootleg cav sent me. I heard about him on the Blue let Cap podcast. They're gonna take care of you. Throw a little little extra on the on the extra, you know what I mean. Go follow them Hardy and Underscore Las Vegas. And of course you can also follow them right now by going to their website. Check out what they got going on. Man, they got the gear for sale. They just dropped their own pair of Felis Hardyinlasvegas dot Com. Gotta give a shout out to our OG's my dog's at odds Socks. Baby, they've been fucking with us from day one, and they've been dropping so many crazy dope new like socks. You know, first of all, can we talk about Beavis and butt heead? They just dropped the Beavis and butthead socks and draws. Let's take a check, just a nice little peek at the Beavis and butthead draw skis. Bro Come on, man, they also just dropped Coca Cola. We got Scarface, we got Reeses, we got the big fucking Lebowski. So many dope socks, the most comfortable socks in the world, the most comfortable underwear in the world. And check this out right now you can get twenty percent off. That's twenty percent off at checkout at odd socksofficial dot com using the promo code Bootleg. So go right now odd sooxofficial dot com. My first of a suggestion would be get you a pair or a pack of the odd Socks Basics to blacken the whites. Those are my go tos. And then you gotta fuck with some of these big Lebowski socks. And they just got Coca Cola. They got the scarface boys, Like, what are we talking about? Man? What are you waiting on? They are the most comfortable socks in the world. So if you're not wearing odd socks, you're just cheating yourself. You know what I mean, You're really cheating yourself. They got a fucking South Park. Come on, brah, what are we talking about? Go to odd socksofficial dot com right now use the promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off at checkout on the most comfortable socks in the world. Or don't and keep torturing yourself with those shitty socks you're wearing right now. Be a damn shame. Anyway, let's get back to the interview. Did you and Rob ever link on some like transformers of SD area like super like?
Speaker 1: Nah? I mean, Dago is a weird city too, because it's it's a lot of it's a lot of tension between the two communities. Just not not but it's like even you know, like you know, my I got you know, half of my family is Latino and stuff too, So even it's always been loving, respecting that nature. But I think because people don't give San Diego to respect that it deserves. So the culture is constantly trying to prove itself to.
Speaker 3: Itself, almost like prove itself to l A a little.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I'm saying, even more like trying to be like, yo, we gonna I'm gonna put this.
Speaker 3: I want to be the one to put it on. So it's a lot of people trying to tear each other down. That makes sense because I think I asked, I think you Mitchie Slick, Jail Felony and Rob Stone, Rob Stone and Little Rob. Yeah, Jill Felony was semester.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Bully Loco, shout out to j O Felly.
Speaker 3: That's the home there it is, man. We'll look. The show is on Canon Daily Cannon.
Speaker 1: Gonna be have because I know this ship going viral. You don't have me say all type of wild ship that so, uh, you've got the new TV show level of conversation. We got Prank.
Speaker 3: Wars, which is on E Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wild'n Out new season is Erand that's I go against myself on my own time slode. You're going Great Wars and wild Out on the same time network and they are the same owners.
Speaker 2: To no, two different companies. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's NB got that in your contract. Because I'm me, funk about all about I'm him.
Speaker 2: No, I'm me. It's a difference. You can beat him. I'm me. There's only one me.
Speaker 3: That's when who you're voting for? Joe biden Er, Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump, Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Let's go, you're voting for Trump. I don't even vote for nothing. I don't believe in this corrupt government system. But I fuck with Trump. I like how I like how Trump tell everybody kiss his ass.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna go with Trump if it's between the old fogie in the old red hair by The only thing is.
Speaker 2: Because Trump I like my racism served right to my face.
Speaker 3: I've heard a lot of people say that.
Speaker 2: I don't like people lying to me and then in front and.
Speaker 3: It's it's almost like you'd rather have someone tell you what they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do, someone square up, then to punch me in the back of my head. M simple is that?
Speaker 1: Because now I got a fair fight, all right, But don't don't act like you fuck with me and then throw some shit at me like that. So the thing about Trump, I know what I know the feel I know what I'm playing with. But let's keep it all like WB the Boy said this, there's no such thing as two parties, just one party with two names. One evil party is what WB the Boy.
Speaker 3: Said, Hey, you are somebody who could literally be the president of the United States.
Speaker 2: Says that people are saying that I've been trying to fuck up on purpose, so they don't.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, you could be the president, bro. But one day you could be the You could be the governor. You could be the governor of California. You could be a senator.
Speaker 1: You could grow your I don't want that job, but people have told me that all my life. But like because, but it's politics. But if you felt like you gotta lie to people for a living, I don't you want to be to you.
Speaker 3: Might be able to like be the guy who doesn't lie to people for that.
Speaker 1: I think that's what Trump tried to do and everybody turned it on them, and now Moucker might go to jail. Like that's the thing, Like I did too much dirt that have to like, I mean, I'd rather spilling I'd rather spend all my money and like uh on children in other countries and building like I can probably do just as much good in the world with just philanthropy and humanitarianism, then I could if I because because just think about it, politics and especially the presidential campaign, it's all about ego. It's not about like, it's about like about power, likable. But even until this is like who wants to rule the bit? I don't want that job. I want to be in charge of war. I don't want to be charge of killing people. Like as much like I love Barack Obama, but I guarantee you he's like yo. If I would have known, I had to make some of the decisions, I make sure.
Speaker 3: He has a hard time sleeping the night because I mean, he was letting them drones fly right ship, but Rock had them drones like, we ain't gonna talk.
Speaker 2: About some of the ship that happened in Africa. I'm like, whoa, whoa, that way, hold on, but we ain't gonna get it to that. We're going too deep anyway.
Speaker 1: But to say, I don't want I don't want none of them problems. So I'd rather spend all my money help the world. I'd rather let's do it in your way. Let's name some hospitals after me. Let's let's name some library. I'll buy all of that ship. I do not want to be in the game of politics. Yo.
Speaker 3: I want to see you going to Joe Rogan show.
Speaker 2: I love that's my man. You haven't I haven't done Joe Rogan Show, but I'm going to know each other.
Speaker 3: Legendary Joe.
Speaker 2: Fuck with your boy, or have Joe come on my show. We got nothing.
Speaker 3: Bring the fucking podcast back. It was so good. Bring the same table back.
Speaker 2: All of that's coming, bro. I got you.
Speaker 3: You be on the same page. Nick Cannon, I appreciate you all day, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Let's go