Speaker 1: Good morning Usa, yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo Jess, hilarios, some morning, Charlamagne to God, peace to the planet.
Speaker 4: Is does this.
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 5: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 6: I feel blessed, black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 1: What's happening? What's going on?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 5: Jess?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: What's want to?
Speaker 8: I want to ask yall a question?
Speaker 1: Is parents? Right?
Speaker 8: Good morning to the world, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: So, my daughter, who's in sixth grade, had a substitute teacher, which is another sixth grade teacher, not her teacher, another sixth grade teacher. This other sixth grade teacher is a mean teacher, like mean, like none of the kids like this teacher.
Speaker 6: But my daughter says, does she notice that she's hearing this for the first time on the national syndicated morning.
Speaker 8: She don't know.
Speaker 3: So, my daughter, I'm gonna tell you, so, my daughter, like the whole class doesn't like this sixth grade teacher, right because she's mean. But my daughter said, after taking one class with us. She's learned more in the year that she's alert the other teachers a lot easier. So my daughter called me, it's a dad. Although people don't like this teacher, I learned more. I want to transfer to this teacher's class, a class that none of the kids want to go to.
Speaker 1: They prefer the easier kids. I call the school.
Speaker 3: The school says, no, they can't. I'm like the fact that she wants to go to a harder class with a harder teacher.
Speaker 1: She challenge It's November.
Speaker 5: Aren't the classes she said for the year.
Speaker 8: But if she's not being challenged.
Speaker 5: Not in college, you can't just transfer classes.
Speaker 3: It's the same sit straight teach. You just go for one class to the other class. It's not like they're all ap classes regardless. But she just feels like this teachers teaches a lot better. She's a lot more difficult. She's really into the homework.
Speaker 6: So doing that, I'm just saying I don't think you. I don't think you can do that in the middle of it, Actually can't.
Speaker 9: You actually can because my son did that before in the middle school that he went to, before he got to the one of these in now he wasn't being challenged, and he did like another another math class better, and they put him in that one, not because of who he is or anything, just because when your child voices something like that and they and it's in the best interest of the child and the education.
Speaker 10: That they're receiving and the level that they on, they do make those changes.
Speaker 3: You can tell her, you know, well, I'm gonna go up to the school in the next couple of days to find out, because they said no at first, but I just you know, if it's her daddy, I just stayed in an easy class. But she's like, I want to be challenged. She was like, I'm bored in class. She was like, it's I'm not I know all this stuff I've learned, all the stuff I want to be challenged I want.
Speaker 9: And then you know that new that that new class that she wanted to be put into, the one with the strict teacher or whatever. That teacher probably not in there trying to be their friend, like she's in the learned and she has a strict style that she teaches in.
Speaker 1: You know, it's probably not fair to call her means probably she's probably.
Speaker 3: Just so, I said the teachers, I said, the kids call her me, and I didn't call herm and I said the kids calling me.
Speaker 8: But my daughter was like, no, I've learned more than that.
Speaker 3: When she substituted that one day than the whole year, she was like, I really want to get in this class, and I was socked. I was like, yeah, I'm like, well, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get you in that class if you want to be challenged and you feel like the other class is too easy, because at the end of the day, you want to challenge kids. Right, if something's too easy, they get bored it. No, I want to challenge my daughter. So yeah, so what I'm asking to what do you guys think I should do?
Speaker 10: I think you should.
Speaker 9: You should go up there, like you said, you should go up there, and you know, don't yo, don't go up there and get all crazy.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, Let Gied do it. Let Gied go to the school and.
Speaker 9: Explain she has she can speak to it better. Okay, I'm gonna put that nurture and sauce on it. Yeah, my child doesn't thinking, you know how gear talks, So let her do it.
Speaker 1: Let her handle it.
Speaker 6: And the first thing you need to see if that's even in the school's policies. Right, and if you can even do that, you.
Speaker 9: Can do it at some schools. I don't know, but you can definitely do it if it's a problem for your child.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well think you guys?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well today on the show, ge Herbal will be joining us. It's new album Little Herb Drips Tomorrow. We're gonna kicking it with g Herbert. We haven't seen Herbo in a long time.
Speaker 5: We're talking to g Herbal Herbal recently, he's been up here.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about ye, yeah, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 8: Yes, all right.
Speaker 3: We got front page news day thirty seven of the shutdown, Lord A Mercy. We'll talk about all that when we come back. Mimeal be here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Owning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j n V, Jess Hilarrys Charlamagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news and Thursday night football the rate is take on the Broncos at eight fifteen on Prime Video.
Speaker 8: What's up, Mimi?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Envy, Jeff Charlamage, how y'all doing this?
Speaker 5: Speak base?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Well, we start this morning with some big travel news and if you're flying anytime soon, this could affect you. Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy says the FAA will cut flights by about ten percent at forty major airports starting Friday, and that's about four thousand flights a day. Official say it's a safety move. As the government shut down drags into day thirty seven, now the longest shut down in US history. Air traffic controllers they haven't been paid in more than a month, and staffing shortages are only getting worse. Let's listen to Sean Duffy talk more about that.
Speaker 12: We're noticing that there's additional pressure that's building in the system, and again, our priority is to make sure that you're safe, and so we're going to talk about additional measures that we are going to take that's going to reduce their risk profile in the national airspace. There is going to be a ten percent reduction in capacity at forty of our locations. I anticipate there'll be additional disruptions, there'll be frustration. We are working with the airlines, they're going to work with passengers. But in the end, our sole role is to make sure that we keep this airspace as safe as possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the government will be open any day now. That's what's gonna be. That's what's gonna That's what's gonna be. What makes them reopen the government. Forget the people, Forget all the government workers who haven't been paid and can't paid those bills, for Get the people who are not getting snap benefits. When the airlines start complaining the big corporations, that's when they're gonna reopen it.
Speaker 3: Now, that's getting nice that I walked in with Lauren and she said from her flight from la to here, she said she was stuck in the airport in there all day because she was like, flights just weren't leaving.
Speaker 8: It wasn't enough people working. And she was like, TSA took a long time.
Speaker 6: So they will always chose corporate interests over the interests of the people.
Speaker 5: So any day now, any.
Speaker 11: Day now, you're right, The FAA says, those cuts, though, they will roll out in phases, so starting with about four percent fewer flights on Friday, five percent on Saturday, and they will ramp up to the full ten percent starting next week. And this kind of system wise slow down, it has never happened before. It's just a sign of how fragile the nation's air traffic network has become. As you just mentioned with Lauren, there were more than ten thousand flights canceled this week. Four hundred more were delayed, so you know, it's really getting crazy out there. The FAA, they said they plan to meet with the airlines and just try and see what they can do. But United Airlines, though, it's taking steps of its own. It's promising full refunds to anyone who doesn't want to fly during those restrictions, even on if you have a non refundable ticket, or even if you have a basic economy ticket, they are offering a refunds if you don't want to wait.
Speaker 13: And as this.
Speaker 11: Travel slow down ripples across the country, there's a small update this morning for families receiving those snap benefits. They will see slightly larger payments this month, even as the shutdown drags on. So new guidelines from the US Department of Agriculture, out late yesterday says the agency can now cover sixty five percent of benefits. That's up from the fifty percent of benefits that we talked about earlier this week. That means, yeah, that's still a smaller amount, but not as steep as families first feared.
Speaker 13: Officials say they're using.
Speaker 11: What's left in that emergency fund to keep the program running just through November. After that, of course, there's no money left. We have to wait and see if Congress reaches a deal. Lawmakers have already or Democratic lawmakers have already voted fourteen times without success to reopen the government. And at the center of this fight are those healthcare subsidies under the Affordable Care Act. So for millions of families without a paycheck, no end inside. Yet, we will continue to wait and see what happened.
Speaker 5: At least they're get in some type of relief.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I did see a bunch of governors saying that the state was state of emergency. I seen Mikey. She says she's gonna do it when she gets in the office to freeze electric bills. So why are they doing this to get more money from the government to help people out? Because I see a bunch of governors do that.
Speaker 11: Do you know, I think a bunch of governors are tapping into state funds to help do that. Gotcha, Because there's a bunch of governors who are also there's another state which is escaping me right now, but they are paying full benefits for some of their SNAP recipients in their states. So a lot of governments were just trying to see it. What is it Maryland? Yes it was, Yeah, it was wes Moore. There they're tapping into their their state preserves to kind of help out man. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: All right, well thank you, Amy.
Speaker 11: Of course, coming up at seven, feeling overwhelmed by all the noise, all these headlines, you are not alone. There's a simple trend that's helping people unplug. Will tell you all about it.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent whatever, maybe whatever's on your mind. Maybe it's November six and your co worker got a Christmas tree in the background up already.
Speaker 5: I don't no problem with that.
Speaker 1: Me and me got a ready ready listen, she is ready.
Speaker 10: She couldn't wait until November.
Speaker 5: Remember, my wife already got the lights up. They're not on yet, but she already got the lights on.
Speaker 1: My wife. My wife got the lights up and on.
Speaker 6: Because the reality is Halloween got decorations Thanksgiving don't have no decoration, I know, so you might as well go ahead and set up for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: My wife my lights are up and my wife puts him on every night. She's like, we're starting early.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How you wanna call out me me?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, it was done like four weeks.
Speaker 5: That's typical. My goodness.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest? Eight five eighty five one oh five.
Speaker 5: One is the breakfast slog.
Speaker 1: Good morning the Breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest. You're man or pleas time to get up and get something. Call up that eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: This is they to ross the bus?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: Hey y, I just wanted to give y'all your flowers and then shout myself out.
Speaker 10: Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 17: I've been watching y'all since I was like twenty.
Speaker 16: I'm thirty five now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 16: So I've seen the Breakfast Cup in many different ways, and I just want to say DJ.
Speaker 18: MV Charlote and the God, how you guys make an example for black men?
Speaker 16: You know, we need that DJV what you do for the community, Charloeagne.
Speaker 18: Like how far you same?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 16: Like the vulnerabilities and encouraging accountability within black men is what we need. Just hilarious.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Are you there this morning?
Speaker 10: I am wow.
Speaker 16: Missing the way you have cultivated a voice for yourself and you've carved out.
Speaker 18: A space for your own. Like, Hello, that's what we needed and what we've missed period.
Speaker 4: Asma and Lewis is.
Speaker 8: There you.
Speaker 16: Miss thing with receipt miss saying was just always keeping us accountable and keeping us up Today, Hello, the breakfast cover has came far and I'm here for it and I'm excited for where you guys are going.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Well, thank you so much. Now, shout out yourself.
Speaker 8: You said you want to shout out yourself too, right, Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 15: Shout out myself.
Speaker 18: My name is Rachel Ross and I am in the film and TV, so I'm just shouting out, putting out my I G handle, it's Rachel Ross's films. R A C A T E L R O S S Films s I L M M. And if you need to do.
Speaker 16: Music videos, last, sporting events, corporate events, get.
Speaker 4: Your girl up.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Don't worries.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Rachel Shaye, good morning, Get off your chest, Shay, good morning.
Speaker 19: I was pulling because I listened to the interview today with miss chat with her and I don't know about this about cast up on the opportunity to do on the chatacast. You may, but I just that very crazy that we're still passing the argument over, you know, the prans to movie not being able to carry kid, because I feel like it just touches everything that I want to have to go through there or to the Earth, or because they don't have the biological body to be able to conceive his and I get the whole aspect of or spiritual being just having a physical experience on Earth, but within that broad for true spirits in terms of the perstructive body that he wasn't able to have, and unfortunately you go body does not allow you to be able to carry over his. So women losing out on the job opportunity because people try to go against basic biology. It's like it's completely astnin to me, and I don't feel like that's right at all. I appreciate you for that, of course, if that left me listen to y'all every morning. And witm's Pat said, when you said you just gotta let people be who they are, is completely for that, because at this point they're willing to say we're gonna pap up on dress because she made a comment that's not even something that dud should have been involved with.
Speaker 1: The true I appreciate that you should have started with that.
Speaker 14: She saw.
Speaker 1: And passion business.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to ben, hit us up now with the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's this? What's up?
Speaker 4: Trap?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good?
Speaker 10: What's up being sorry?
Speaker 1: Pieces? How you doing?
Speaker 13: I'm doing good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: I am blessed Black and Holly favorite, sir.
Speaker 17: That's good, that's good. I want to comment on dress and I come on y'all conversations. But yesterday I think it was Pat and I don't know that the gay guy's name Jordan man, the gay guy what they might report that you are.
Speaker 1: Jordan Cooper?
Speaker 14: Uh, I do feel like when it comes to be, I don't think you should have been blocked from bc OH for that conversation, for the statement that you had that you made. But I do think that the statement was unnecessary youmate, and when you lead with love, you just would they.
Speaker 1: Even made that statement.
Speaker 14: But I don't think it was something that was worth blocking you for. If anything could have been something that you know, guys have talked about, even if they want to include it as part of like the episode or.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 14: But I don't think it was definitely worth being blocked by BT for it because it's not like it's not a wrong statement. Yeah, but as far as was it unnecessary to make, definitely unnecessary to mate at that moment when we were talking to that lady I don't.
Speaker 4: Know her name that she was talking to. What was the lady's name?
Speaker 17: Yes, but they were all.
Speaker 2: Everything were necessary to man, but also wasn't something that was worth you know, blocking you up bad for it?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Raft? Hello, who is this?
Speaker 17: You don't really be dee?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: Give up your chest?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, as I beg you real quick, man.
Speaker 4: I want to give a Sean Lane.
Speaker 17: And about this Aca that the Democrats I fight for.
Speaker 15: He said that.
Speaker 17: There is the fighters over with, and I don't think so, because the the films that went out to descended the thirty first, so they really have to disseminary the first. So that's why I think they should keep fighting. Now hopefully that Reposed will.
Speaker 1: Wake up and then they were you know, they want in the heelcare.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 17: But you're saying that it's over with, but the help there is December thirty first, so where you're getting your show some farms there, Actually it's over.
Speaker 1: What actually said? The premiums have already gone up. All you got to do is look it up.
Speaker 6: Okay, Obama, kay, and rolies have seen premiums that could jump up to over three hundred percent. Okay, okay, they're just right Okay, No, some people's okay, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 17: You that this will possibly if it don't be funded, right.
Speaker 5: No, I said, some people's already already have gone up.
Speaker 4: Some people okay, how many Charlamagne? Okay, you don't know? All right, then it's not over with yet.
Speaker 6: It's not over well, you know, yesterday I was reading that they might be getting closer to a deal which includes a plan the pass regular appropriations bills and a promised vote on extending expiring health insurance subsidies. I'm telling you right now that if the government has been shut down for thirty seven days and all they end up with is the promised vote on extending expiring health insurance subsidies.
Speaker 1: They lost. And it's okay, it was a valiance r. I get that.
Speaker 4: I get that, But you know what I'm saying, the Republican not have a healthcare paying this if they're voted like twenty fourteen. You know what I'm saying, So they don't have a healthcare point.
Speaker 1: And they're not gonna get one. And we know this about them already.
Speaker 4: Well, keep fighting until the loose. You know, I know people don't suffer. You're talking about a thousand year Okay, you sink a fender one thousand dollars a money going to three thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: That's a lot of money, Charlotte Maney.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: And you know what all of these government workers who are not getting no checks right now, who've already missed too said, who can't pay their rent can't pay their life bills, can't pay their card notes. To forty two million people who are not getting snap benefits, who can't eat.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of people too.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of suffering that I don't like to see.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get there too.
Speaker 17: But at the same time, though, Charlotte, money.
Speaker 4: Is this is killing now. You're talking about rent now versus years. The Republics don't have no Traian, it's not it's not gonna.
Speaker 5: Have my brother.
Speaker 6: You're right, but guess what. The landlord want his money right now. The life company want they money right now, and they're not gonna wait. They're gonna vicio ass and turn your lights off, and then what.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 8: Eight on drink five eighty five one O five one. We got the latest with Lauren coming.
Speaker 13: Up, Yes we do. We're gonna talk about Mariah Carey. Y'all know.
Speaker 21: Normally she is the Belle of Christmas, and people love Mariah Carey Christmas. But boy, this year she has pissed some people off. They are upset.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll talk about that next. You don't move. It's the breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's the World's most Dangerous morning show, The Breakfast Club, Charlamagne, the God, Jess, Hilarious, DJ Envy.
Speaker 5: It's time for the Latest with Laura l Roossa.
Speaker 1: Lauren be coming a straight fast. She gets them to somebody that knows, somebody detail.
Speaker 13: I'm a little bit about everything.
Speaker 1: She's been having the latest on you. The Latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: It's the latest on the Breakfast Clubs.
Speaker 13: Talk to me all right, y'all? Soow Mariah Carey.
Speaker 7: Who you know?
Speaker 21: When Maria Carrey says that it is time to start celebrating Christmas, that is when the people start celebrating Christmas. Because she has been the bell of the holiday for so long, but this year she released a video to let us know it was time. She posted on our Instagram a few days ago, and it does upset some people. So this is an ad that she did in collaboration with Thephora. Let's take a listen to the campaign Halloween slide.
Speaker 1: But now.
Speaker 8: It's spill to see who's the thief?
Speaker 22: Bad news, Mariah Carrey. The Elves are striking this year. Elf revenge for putting us through holiday hell Sanna's help her quit. I'm pawning all this so I can afford ELF therapy.
Speaker 13: That's my blush.
Speaker 1: Elf boy, your.
Speaker 22: Lipstick, I'm taking it. Christmas it's canceled. No bells, no cheer, no glam. I'm sweetie.
Speaker 6: You can't cancel Christmas any last words?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that time of year.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, but they man though.
Speaker 21: So people are upset just because of some of the things that they mentioned in the video and what's actually happened in people's real lives right now. So the striking or people feeling like they're pushing back, trying to get more money from jobs, people not even having jobs at this point, and at Christmas kind of not kind of Christmas being canceled for some families, them not being able to force certain things, and the ELF mentions like you can't afford therapy and people, you know, it triggers some people who actually this year are not going to be able to celebrate the holiday because everything that's going on.
Speaker 6: When y'all say some people, youre talking about people on social media, Yeah, I mean it's been a thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, we got to make sure them don't be boxing stuff sometimes.
Speaker 3: I thought that L's was striking because it seems like Christmas starts early all the time, and LS is like, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Start this early. I don't want to start this earlier.
Speaker 21: Yeah, they don't want to they don't want to overwork, so that, you know, and then that's a conversation because right now people feel there's a with the government shutdown. People are working right now, they're not being paid at all or some not adequately, and so they can't celebrate the holidays. So people just feel like that it's it's tone death for the season.
Speaker 9: At her for collaborating with the Afford to sell stocking stuffers.
Speaker 14: Or something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought I thought it was a joking based on the fact that Christmas is starting earlier and earlier every People are putting their.
Speaker 5: Lives up earlier.
Speaker 6: People are, you know, starting to put out Christmas ad earlier, start Christmas music earlier.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought the commercial was playing.
Speaker 21: We know her intentions are always to be about Yes, the holiday season, it was happening, but I think, yeah, people are upset, like they're in the comments of her the video that she posted, like this is so tone that if you're playing in our face, why.
Speaker 9: Would you want And then there are some people who actually really can like afford that, who are looking at that collaboration like, oh okay, I'm gonna go get that, like you know what I'm saying. And then like stocking stuffers like you, these are about to be gifts for people for the holidays, Like that's the point of her dropping it too, Yeah, just so she can make money. It's just why she's gonna be affordable like a stocking stuffer. We always see celebrities do this around this time, you know, around the holidays, where they team up with a big corporation and come out with products at a discount rate that you can.
Speaker 1: Get for gifts.
Speaker 21: I agree, and I think also too, like this ad wasn't shot like yesterday, so we don't know when it was shot.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem But also she always plays Christmas Christmas early. Yes, the elves don't want to work this early, like it has nothing to do with regular people, Like we've been talking about this every year.
Speaker 1: But this is not real.
Speaker 6: This is fake outrage. It's a couple of people on social media, but this is not real outrage.
Speaker 5: It works, I bet you.
Speaker 8: She posted it down by the end of the weekend November.
Speaker 13: First, you know what she posted after this, she posted some of her Christmas merch that she's selling. She's standing on it.
Speaker 21: I mean, if that's what she wants to do, because her intention every year is to bring joy no matter what's happening.
Speaker 13: So I think people have to remember that.
Speaker 1: You know that this is the biggest capitalism time of the year. What are we talking about.
Speaker 3: Christmas makes me happy. I put the lights on my house because I like it. I feel like a kid again when the lights and I don't like it my kids like this.
Speaker 10: Is when you unplugged.
Speaker 9: This is what Mimi Brown was talking about it in Front Page News, Like, yo, if you know it's something that somebody always trying to sell you and you don't got no money, unplugged, Like, don't, don't subscribe to it, just keep scrolling.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 10: It triggers you and makes your upset.
Speaker 9: But going to the extent of you know, bashing her band upset with her because she's selling a product, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like just some plus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not escaping at this time of year, though, Like there's nowhere you're not going to go and see a sale. You can get off social media. You can turn your to your walking down the street. You can see you bad Christmas. It's Christmas time.
Speaker 1: You're TV.
Speaker 9: But that's the thing that that's the access that we have on social media because you're not gonna watch TV and write the company or the commercials.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna run up in the stuff.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna be walking down the street and see a sale and be like you are really playing in my paper sales?
Speaker 1: Yes, what don't give me no sale?
Speaker 21: Like yeah, somebody there was one comment on the right Carry's video somebody uh tag fency Beauty and was like, I meant the fact that y'all like this is disappointed and I'm like, they got sales too. I just went and shopped fenty Beauty's Christmas stuff like it. It's just happening.
Speaker 13: But we'll see.
Speaker 21: I did reach out to marih Carry sevens w responding, but I doubt it. I don't reach out reached out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we were okay, all right, and we got a rap up.
Speaker 21: I got more, all right. So another backlash news. So you guys know, Zanaya mone the Ai artist. She recently made history, Yes, the fake AI artist. She recently made history. She debuted on the Billboard Billboard airplay chart with her song how Was I Supposed to Know?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 21: Her creator, Telicia Jones, sat down with Gail King on CBS Mornings. Let's take a listen to her talking about AI artist being on Billboard.
Speaker 13: How Was I Supposed to Know?
Speaker 23: Has landed Zanaia mone on five Billboard charts, including a radio airplay chart.
Speaker 13: Billboard believes that's an AI first. Were you surprised by the reaction?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 24: I was totally surprised, and then a lot of people started reaching out.
Speaker 13: But Nikki, they thought Zanaia was a real person, not an extension of me. So I look at is a real person, but you can't sing she's not a real person.
Speaker 23: What do you say to people that say she may be an extension a few, but other singers who were actually have worked hard, who are practicer craft, who are really struggling to get hurt, who were really doing the actual singing that you seem to have circumvented, taken a shortcut through.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 24: I wouldn't call it a short cut because I still put in the work, and anytime something new comes about and it challenges the norm, you're gonna get strong.
Speaker 10: Reactions behind it.
Speaker 24: And I just feel like, AI, it's the new era that we're in now.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you how dumb I am.
Speaker 6: I saw the young lady sitting with Gail King, and I thought to myself, I thought she was AI.
Speaker 1: I was like, this AI is getting out of hand.
Speaker 17: This woman so.
Speaker 21: Well, Felicia is beautiful. Yeah, I saw her too, and I was like watching the airbrushes person.
Speaker 3: It's a problem for creatives right because it's like, if I can make up an artist, I don't have to deal with an artist. I don't have to deal with management. I don't have to deal with percentages. I don't have to I can do every thing for the artist, put them out. That's gonna be a problem for a lot of artists. A lot of labels is gonna say, I'd rather to sign this AI version and not have to deal with the bl Yes.
Speaker 5: Still, don't you still got to do a deal with.
Speaker 13: It's all the music, it's it's originally like you write it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she well, she's like the label.
Speaker 13: But Tealicia doesn't have to deal with anybody doesn't necessarily have to write it.
Speaker 8: She puts what the it should be singing, and it just makes it for making the song.
Speaker 21: For no Talia writes, She writes poems, and all all of the songs she actually writes now she does put together. She talked through her process in this interview about how she does the beats and the melodies and all that. But she writes poems and writes all the lyrics to the songs that we hear and are based off of her real experiences about like not having a father and different things she's been through.
Speaker 1: So that's what they saw.
Speaker 3: I will be doing all that without her. You could just put in right man R and B song about break up and bring it.
Speaker 6: So you say, the AI gonna be like I Robot, They're gonna have a money their own Yep. Well, I don't think it's advancing that fast, is it.
Speaker 1: It's advancing.
Speaker 21: Has been pretty on a Billboard chart since and yeah she's taught only four months, but just tweeted this morning he said, so let me get this right. Years ago, the industry found out that Millie Vanilli really weren't the voices on their Grammy winning record, and they were stripped of their Grammy.
Speaker 13: But now we're getting.
Speaker 21: Ready to accept people who can't even sing create song for a fake person. How is this any different than Milli Vanilla I.
Speaker 1: You got a boy that's crazy.
Speaker 21: Well, she's on the Billboard chart though, so shout out to her, Talicia shes doing something.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, that is the latest with Laura.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, we got front page news and then g Herbert will be joining us. This new album Little Herb is out tomorrow. We'll talk to him in a few. It's the Breakfast Slow, good morning Burning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilaris, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get back in.
Speaker 8: Some front page news.
Speaker 3: Now some quick sports. The Raiders take on the Broncos tonight at eight to fifteen. That's on Prime Video.
Speaker 1: What's up me Me?
Speaker 11: Good morning, v Jess Charlamagne, how y'all doing this?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 11: All right? Well, we start this hour with election results still coming in from across the country, where voters made decisions on everything from guns to school to taxes to family rights. In Maine, voters approved a red flag gun law that will allow families to ask a court to temporarily take firearms away from relatives who pose a danger to themselves or others. That makes Main the twenty second state with an extreme risk protection law now that will replace a yellow flag law which required police involvement and a mental health assessment before guns could be removed. Now Main voters they also rejected a separate ballot measure that would have added voter ID requirements and titaned absentee voting rules. And in Texas, voters approved two constitutional amendments, one reaffirming that only US citizens can vote and another enshrining parental rights in the state's constitution. And in Colorado, voters signed off on a plan to raise taxes on the state's top earner, so those making over three hundred thousand dollars a year, and that will help pay for free school mills for all students. Extra funds will also go towards boosting snap of food assistance in that state for those folks in Colorado now. These state level wins for Democrats and progressive policies have sparked a sharp reaction from President Trump, who took the true social again, urging Republicans to terminate the filibuster and move quickly to reform voter laws.
Speaker 25: Let's listen, it's time for Republicans to do what they have to do, and let's terminate the filibuster. It's the only way you can do it. And if you don't terminate the filibuster, you'll be in bad shape. We won't pass any legislation. There will be no legislation passed for three in a quarter. We have three and a quarter years, so I it's a long time. We should start tonight with the country's open congratulations. Then we should pass voter ID. We should pass no mail in voting, we should pass all the things that we wanted to pass, make our elections secure, and say because California is a disaster, many of the states are disasters. You go to a grocery store, you have to give ID, you go to a gas station, you give ID. But for voting, they want no voter ID. It's only for one reason, because they cheat.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Since Tuesday, Republicans have been playing the victim mackin like they under attack, and they literally play like they don't have power there and they're going to use Tuesday to speed up whatever they've been cooking up. The really good cancel the elections in twenty twenty six and twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 11: I don't know about y'all, but when you go to the grocery store or to the gas station, do you need an ID?
Speaker 1: I'm not here in California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to do what I guess they use your credit card. But even when you use your credit card, you know, I don't have to pull up my ID.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Same, So little confusing what he was talking about there. But Democrats, you're right, Charlamagne, are hoping that Tuesday's results, though, they send a clear message to Republicans, But I think Republicans are using that in another way to kind of see what they can do to change some of those laws going forward.
Speaker 6: As mid Yeah, I saw Mike Johnson said yesterday. You know, if they lose the majority, they'll try to end the Trump administration. He won't have four years, he'll only have two. They are literally it's a roper dope like they're literally acting like they're under attack just so they can speed up whatever they're cooking up. The really good cancel the elections in twenty six.
Speaker 13: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 11: And we've got to follow up this morning on a story that we mentioned last month. That Blexit tour that was making its way through HBCU homecoming season, well, it wrapped up this past weekend with final stops at Bowie State and Lincoln University and the Blexit Educate to Liberate Tour. It's part of a conservative movement co founded by a commentator, Candice Owen and back by Turning Point USA, and that name stands for Black Exit, which is a push to get more Black Americans to consider reconsider their political ties and embrace conservative values. Now, for the third year in a row, the group they visited HBCUs across the country during homecoming season, talking with students about politics, race and identity Now. Organizers say the goal was to start conversations, not to recruit, but many students across several HBCUs were skeptical about the group's intensions. Let's listen to some of the students and their reaction as the group was there on campuses.
Speaker 7: I've settled you're coming to one of the biggest events at Howard and I feel like a lot of people that are here are pretty liberal, so and just how upsetting and like emotional guests for people, It's very strategic.
Speaker 6: They're definitely just looking for someone to they're looking for content so on to rage big or something like that, because.
Speaker 1: It was nothing that maybe like you know, give them a side eye or anything.
Speaker 13: You just ask pretty general questions.
Speaker 14: Hopefully they just don't cause a need ruckers, nobody's trying to bigger.
Speaker 11: Several HBCU said bleck sit members didn't have permission to film or to host events. Some schools like Hampton at the group escorted off campus campus.
Speaker 13: I heard, yeah, they had them kicked off campus.
Speaker 11: But places like Boobe State, that's where they were this past weekend, they had to stay. They were allowed to stay because of Boobie is a public university, so a lot of faculty. They were also questioning while the group was focusing on younger students, they were targeting freshmans that they said, and they were saying that they were using statistics without full context, and they were focusing on crime and social issues. So as a tour has wrapped up, it's left behind more questions and answers more about whether this kind of outreach belongs on HBCU campuses. During homecoming and between these NonStop headlines, the politics, the constant stream of breaking news, a lot of people are simply tapping out. Experts say social media fatigue is real, and after years of endless scrolling, more Americans, especially Gen Z millennials.
Speaker 1: They say that they are burned out online.
Speaker 11: Pew Data research shows that people are deleting apps, taking digital breaks, or cutting back on screen time just to briefe and researchers.
Speaker 10: They call it digital downsizing.
Speaker 11: That's trading the doom scrolling for real life connection and better mental health. And it's not just everyday users feeling this. A lot of content creators say that they are feeling pressure. They're pulling back, posting less and focusing on balance. And experts say though, it's just not about quitting social media altogether. It's about knowing when to unplug, when to turn out the noise, and when to protect your piece. All right, y'all, Well, I'm Mimi Brown. That is your front page news. Follow me at me me Brown TV. For more stories, call the Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, or visit binnews dot com.
Speaker 8: Thank you Mami for joining us.
Speaker 6: Oh and I know this is random, man, but you know people be calling wanting to get in early for Donkey of the Day tomorrow. So feel free, Feel free to call us one one hundred and five A five one oh five to one tomorrow we do the People's Donkey.
Speaker 1: We do it on Fridays.
Speaker 6: If you want to get in early, reach out and touch us right now. You can give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid. All you can go to the iHeartRadio app and click on the talk back feature and you can leave us your donkey of today for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But yeah, hit us up eight, don't dread five five one five one, and when we come back, g Herbal will be joining us, and don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ n V Jess hilarious, charlamagine the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 5: Yes, Sir at g Erbo, Welcome to morning.
Speaker 3: And congratulations man the number one record a couple of weeks ago, grass.
Speaker 1: Man, thank you. I'm good, I'm good, glad to be here.
Speaker 8: I do feel number one record.
Speaker 1: I feel good.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie. I feel great. It feel great.
Speaker 26: I'll just be trying to like stay in the moment really just just keep it like up, you know, like when you where you got those type of moments you just trying to figure out like all right, well I me personally, like I gotta.
Speaker 1: Figure out what's the next best thing, Like what do I do next? From that? Like I try to live in a moment and grasp up that energy.
Speaker 26: But just keep it going. You're not trying to catch another number one. I'm just trying to keep it going.
Speaker 8: Did you expect that to be the record because it's not your typical of.
Speaker 26: Course, it was just you just spitting Nah, hell no, for sure. I was just literally I can't say it enough. It was just me just having fun in the studio. I was in New York and was in the studio me south Side smack and you know south Side Like I really I'll be having to give a lot of credit to Big Bro because he want the only people that could tell me like, rap on this, just rap on this and figure it out, like just rap And that's what I did, and that that changed.
Speaker 3: My life as a single who picked it as a single? Like was it just I'm just gonna release and see what happened? And it just took over, that know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: That's why, like as artists, you gotta like really just bet on yourself for real, for real, because I was in a mold of just trying to do music and see what the streets connected to.
Speaker 1: I didn't even like that song came out in December on my app.
Speaker 26: I got an app on my own app, Like, well, I just put out music material content. All this is just for the people who really support me. Like, you know what I'm saying, My fans, they know about the Gebo app. I put it out on my app on a project that I was just recording all samples to. I did a project with all simples and it couldn't even go on Apple Music. It couldn't go on DSPs.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: Like, I put it out on the app in December, and the label put it out on DSPs in like March April.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you guys, just try just see what the streets appreciate it. Has it changed the bag?
Speaker 5: Has that single changed bag?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Because see I'll be thinking that you know a lot of people be fronting on like the power of radio and having a big radio record.
Speaker 1: Speak to that.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: For sure, I've always been like I knew because I've been independent. This whole time.
Speaker 26: So I know about like analytics, I know about like residuals. I know what, like one record could really change your life, you know what I'm saying. Like, and I finally caught that record that like that life changing records, So yeah, the bag been crazy.
Speaker 1: The royalties from radio are better than the screaming Yeah, absolutely for sure.
Speaker 26: And it's like once you once you get a song that really go radio, it's like it's just like it just changed everything real, changing.
Speaker 8: The places you actually perform at for sure.
Speaker 26: Exactly like you could put you could put you put money in radio for sure for what to do what it's supposed to do. But just like even like it's a difference between like putting something in radio for just get on the radio, for to get like rhythmic play playlists. You know what I'm saying, Like all of that, it's just a big super difference. Like I be talking to like make all the time. It's just like once you get a record, like I'm not even talking about what legit like, there's certain records that like the format where you know it could go radio, you know what I'm saying, Like, I feel like every artist all you need is like one radio record a year, just one, Like you know what I'm saying. It's not easy at all, but like you know, hit Maker, that's my big brother, Like he the god of this, like you feel what I'm saying, Like he know the whole formal he do it like and that's why he's so rich, Like that riches because he on radio every year at least figured.
Speaker 1: It out right for sure.
Speaker 26: Willow her I was just trying to like tap into like that old hunger, like my old self. And when I be rapping good and like I be reading the commentsation sometimes my fans be like, oh that ain't they Ain't.
Speaker 1: You heard what?
Speaker 26: That's little Herd, you know what I'm saying, Like I feel like that was like one of my best eras of rap.
Speaker 1: Like I always been able to rap.
Speaker 26: I'm an EMC, so it's like I don't care if I'm not even all the way tapped into like my confidence and all of that. I'm always gonna be able to rap good, you feel me. But like once you really focus on straight rap, it's different. And that's what I was trying to do. So that's why I went and like name my album Little Herb, like I was going up, like listen to old interviews, listening to old music videos. I mean watch old music videos, listen to old songs like that, and like I was just trying to find like a higher level of rap for myself, you know what I'm saying. And I say this all the time, like you could really get caught up and what's in front of you. Like always been the type of person like I say this a lot a lot of rooms that I was in. I wasn't really in the rooms, you know what I'm saying, because I'm thinking about like my past.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about what I gotta do when I get out the room.
Speaker 26: Like I'm just saying what's up, Like there's certain conversations that I really couldn't have because my mind is all over the place. You feel me, Like so like in this like era where I am mentally, I was just trying to like find that old hunger that made me enjoy what I have now, Like you know what I'm saying, Like like that's that's why I really named my project Little Herb, because like you were, like on the day to day, I'm thirty years old. I'm been rapping since I was like sixteen, for real, for real, like you feel me, And I was trying to figure out like damn like it like all the steps to that it took me to get here. You feel what I'm saying, Like I forgot a lot. I'm not gonna lie, it's a lot of that idea that I forgot. So it's like I wanted to make myself remember, so I had to like go back in and like tap in with my old self for real.
Speaker 6: I heard you say Little Herb is a full circle moment and it's a return to the fundamentals. But you closing the chapter on the Little Herb, what is closing that chapter actually look like?
Speaker 26: Closing that chapter is like for real, just letting go, Like there's a lot of that I held on to that I just don't need no more, like for real, for real, like the street therapy right there, just letting go for real real, and it is it is definitely therapy that helped me. It's like a lot of that you hold on to you just like just let it go, just let it go and just let it find you. You know what I'm saying, Like, no, for real, like I was one of the people that just like my heart is so big and I feel like people knew that, Like people knew that, like they grab me, and I'm grabbing them back, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm holding on to that type of It's like that's just letting that chapter go. Like and people been saying this to me for years and I've been knowing it, but I never really acted on it. Like I shouldn't focus on nothing but music and my family and like God, like that's the only thing that I should wake up and care about. I shouldn't really give a fuck about how somebody else eat or how somebody else get the work or get the sleep of any of that are not worried about that for years, Like, let's be closing that chapter, Like I'm gonna tap into this, tell my.
Speaker 1: Story and just let go for let go and let God for real for and that go for everything and everybody.
Speaker 26: And it's a whole nother chapter open the for me because everything that got me here, I don't I don't even really have it no more for real real like all my friends dead. I'm finna be a real, one hundred percent independent artist, Like I don't got no label, no production company. I'm one hundred percent a real new person and a new artist. So it's like I just want to just tap into this do what I need to do. And I'm already doing it for real, but just like letting go for real, like I don't. I don't want to have no attachments other than family.
Speaker 1: No book.
Speaker 3: Now you talk about Meek mil changing your life, right y said he was your inspiration. Break that down of what you see to meet that made you think that you can do it.
Speaker 1: I've just got done listening to We're Gonna get this money right now on my way here.
Speaker 26: Like Meek is my favorite rapper for real, bro, It's my big better And I was just with Meek last night.
Speaker 1: We just did a song last last night, I believe.
Speaker 26: But like I used to listen to meet and watch me when he was a battle rapper, but when he really got rich and made this happen, it's like all right, but that like it's different from me watching like Wayne and Hole and you know what I'm saying, Like I couldn't like I could relate to it.
Speaker 1: But it's like.
Speaker 26: When I grew up and me I seen him the rich already. I seen Meek turn rich, coming from the streets and going through all this that he went through and really like talking about it and preaching like positivity and motivation. That made me feel like I just want to be like that for real, real, Like that to really like helped me grow into the artist that I am today for real real, because like damn, like it's meek, Like it's not like he was an artist and he was like far away, you know what I'm saying, Like I felt like I could grasp on to that and become that, Like this is a real streak that became the biggest in the world. Like he became the biggest best rat and he's a rap guy.
Speaker 1: Like I love rapping.
Speaker 26: I'm an mc so, I studied that first and foremost. But just a blueprinter like and like he like he gave you the real blueprint, Like you get on, you take care, you do what you supposed to do, You take care of your family, your mother. Like that need to make me like I just used to have to just get money to my mama, just like thinking about that type of you know what I'm saying, Like I retire my mom when I was sixteen years old, bro, literally and they put a lot of pressure on me. I told my mama stopped working when I was sixteen.
Speaker 1: She never worked.
Speaker 26: Since I'm taking care of her, my aunties, my whole family since I was sixteen.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of pressure. I love pressure, a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: Now you're the meat meal for a lot of these younger artists. So what do you show them to show them that they can do it?
Speaker 1: What do you do different?
Speaker 3: So because you know you got a lot of kids watching and they want to be for sure, Like for me, it's I just try to like what's the word, like, you gotta like show them like like what meat did? Real tangible? You just gotta showing like like the thing with me that I feel like make a difference a lot is I let people see me in a physical like you gotta see it, like have conversations like seeing this, believing you feel what I'm saying, Like you know you could do this when you could actually get in front of somebody like me growing up, I never seen nobody that I looked up to, and I wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Like in front of me talking to me. You know what I'm saying, Like I just had to have a man power, like I could do it. I'm gonna do it. You feel what I'm saying, and it happened for me.
Speaker 26: And when I got a certain age like nineteen twenty eight, like those ages when I started traveling and having conversations with people that I looked up to, but like fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, them years really matter where like you know what I'm saying, I try to be the person where I just go back and do certain things and go touch the community, and you know what I'm saying, tell them that they could really make it, like this is nothing for real, like but like and I ain't gonna say it's nothing like it's it's a task.
Speaker 1: For sure, it's hard, but it's easy. At the same time.
Speaker 26: All you gotta do is wake up and strive to go get it and want to do it and believe that you could do it. You just got to have a vision, you feel what I'm saying. And when I go look at like these kids and be going to talk and have conversations, like they got the same power that I got, Like they really got something in them. They just don't think it's possible. This is really possible, like they when you wake up and all you got is this four block radius and your hood and that you're dealing with every day. You think that's your life, but it's like it's so much outside of that. All you gotta know is how to break that cycle. And you feine what I'm saying, Like, that's that's the thing with me, Like I feel like that's what make a difference in why people like believe in me because I try.
Speaker 1: I let them touch me, I let them you know what I'm saying, pauls like, you know what I'm saying. I go see the people.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking about something now. And you made me think about it when you said you've been rapping since you was nineteen, be cause I remember like your first friend six, I can remember your first early breakfast club interviews right. But then it started getting me thinking about all of these artists we've seen from Chicago that have come through come through here.
Speaker 5: The past fifteen years. You talk about what's possible.
Speaker 6: Man, you are proof that's surviving as possible, and chief keepers proof that's surviving is so so definitely know what I mean, People like Dirk that's locked up, and people like Bond that's no longer here, plenty of other artists we probably interview from Chicago.
Speaker 26: How does that feel it feel great, man, you know, and I'm gonna say this again. I'm gonna shall make out real quick because he just told me the other day, and it feel different. It's a different feeling than him saying It's like he's like, man, want you the chosen one. It's certain things that just affect you differently, you know what I'm saying. And I learned that from the streets, Like I didn't bump my head so many times and did so much and been.
Speaker 1: Arrested and fell off and came back or whatever the case may be. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: It's like when you do certain things, God just punish you differently because you can't and get away with that. You feel what I'm saying, Like you would think you would see somebody else doing it, like, oh he did it, and you can't do that because God got a different.
Speaker 1: Path for you.
Speaker 26: And surviving in Chicago, just making it out of the streets alone is a blessing. Like it's literally like I'd be seeing some of my homies and certain people that just like but and I understand it, other people don't get it. Like it's certain people where you just like you just like wash your hands with everything I know. Certain that was real menaces in the streets that don't do nothing but just be at home with their girl and their kids.
Speaker 1: Now cause they just want peace. Like damn, I made it out there. I can't believe I'm still alive.
Speaker 26: Like a lot of people never experience life to that capacity where they're just grateful that they're alive, that they still here, you knowe what I'm saying. And it's a lot of people when it comes surviving, you gotta make decisions and it gotta be calculated, And it's a lot of people that's just raised off survival.
Speaker 1: Or you will do anything. It's a difference like when you survive and you just raised off survival.
Speaker 26: Like I'm trying to explain that with Like it's certain people where if you just like survival is your first instinct, you will do anything. You would kill your closest friend, you a snitch, rob, steal from your mama, your grandma, and you gotta understand this like it's just life. It's certain people who don't know nothing else. They was raised off of survival. They mother and father raised them off of survivals. So it's like a lot of people don't understand that you know what I'm saying, it's just me being here today. I try to, like I think that's one of the reasons why, like I probably got took advantage of so much because I understand both sides of the fence, and I try to get everybody the benefit of the doubt. You know what I'm saying, Like, I try to, like think about putting myself in other people's shoes before I make a decision, you know what I'm saying, Like I always before I do anything, I always think about the con consequences, repercussions, everything.
Speaker 1: So if I do something to anybody or do anything, I thought about it so many times.
Speaker 26: I'm comfortable with having play out. You feel what I'm saying, and like you like, it's only certain people that think like that, especially in life and coming from Chicago, you got to think about both sides of the fence. It's certain people that think a lot, and it's certain people that don't think at all. You feel me, And it's a blessing to be here for sure, for sure, because I've seen a lot, I experienced a lot. I've seen a lot of death, and I just come from one of the toughest neighborhoods in Chicago, like one of the most poverty struck in neighborhoods where it's like I was a kid and people used to like a lady walked out. I think I said this before on a breakfast club interview when I was when I was in short, like a lady walked up on me. I'm waiting on my mom. She coming from the laundromat. A lady walked up on me, like, you got some sea.
Speaker 1: I'm like like what. I'm like what. She's like, you got some ce? She asks for crack. I'm like nine years old, I'm like nineteen, wait on my mama to come in the house, like you got some See.
Speaker 5: I'm like what.
Speaker 26: Yeah, she asked me if I had cracked, literally a kid three in the morning. I'm outside because that's now your selling crack ca real for real?
Speaker 5: Like so when did you get some?
Speaker 1: That's the statute of limitations with this career, like some crack. It's a statute of limitations for sure.
Speaker 6: That therapeutic was this album though, in regard to your grieving process, because I hear you mentioned your brother a lot, especially on Give It All.
Speaker 5: How did that help?
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie that I've been dealing with del sis.
Speaker 26: I was a kid, bro like I lost I started losing friends when I was like fourteen years old, you know, Like, and I'm talking about that. I'm touching on that my and my hour, my project, but you gotta really like realize I'm thirty years old.
Speaker 1: I've been losing people I love.
Speaker 26: For fifteen years, like and still managing to wake up and make it happen and beg herbo and take pictures and smile for the fans. Like I really didn't lost some of my best friends and had to go do a show that same day, you know what I'm saying, Like my homie Cap died twenty fifteen. I had to perform in front of ten thousand people. Just had to find emy. A lot of people can't do that, a lot of people like, man, I just lost my homie fishing to go speind like I wanted to go do the show. Like so it's like, I feel like I'm really destined for this. Chose my own destiny, I chose my own path, and I'm seeing that like for me to experience all of that death and feel like I was numb to it. When my little brother died. It changed my life. That was some of the worst pain that I ever felt in my life ever. I could never I never could fathom like and I'm on street, like when I wake out, when I walk out the house, I feel like I'm gonna die, Like you know, like I really feel like that, and that's what get me home. You feel I'm saying, like every step, every move that I take is calculated. And I never felt like he was gonna die, you know what I'm saying, Like, no bullsh I never ever think like him. Hell no, I just I never thought he was gonna die. Every day I wake out, wake up, I really feel like I'm gonna die. I feel like somebody would do something to me. And that's just the life I live.
Speaker 3: And that's just you still feel like that because I remember last time you said you feel like that, you said you would going to therapy to help you.
Speaker 26: It helped me with it helped me with it, but like, nah, hell no, And I'm glad that even going through therapy and like growing and healing the way that I've healed in my life, I'm kind of glad that I never lost their edge for real, because that's how I protect myself. That's how I protect my children. That's how I make sure I get back home. You feel what I'm saying, Like, I'm not out here thuging. I ain't wild and I ain't doing no crazy. Some days I'll leave the house and it just be just me by myself, no security, nothing, But I'm still on point. I'm still watching my back, I'm still aware of my surroundings. You feel what I'm saying. So it's like I'm glad that I never lost that edge real for real. And when like going back to what you know what I'm saying, what you said, mane, Like when I when my little brother died, I lost myself, Like I became an alcoholic, like a badass alcoholic. I never used to drink bro I used to drink a fifth of liquor every single day, just like every day by myself.
Speaker 1: Like and my girl was pregnant when he died. You feel me, Like, and I was like I was trying to like not be that weak around her.
Speaker 26: You feel me because she she know I didn't been through like she didn't been around me, and I didn't lost homies, you know what I'm saying, Like and she used to like say, like snap out of it, like you feel me, like she used to like say it, but it's like I can't.
Speaker 1: It was just so hard for me.
Speaker 26: I really couldn't for real, Like I used to have to leave the house just to go cry, like swear to God, like just go get in the conscious cry for a hour straight because I didn't want to do that in front of her.
Speaker 1: And I felt like I should have. I should have, I should have, but I was like, on know, I.
Speaker 10: Just And when she said snap out of it, what does she mean, like not snap.
Speaker 26: Out of the grief, snap out of the healing, snap out of the crashing out like drinking, drinking every day and wanting to go to the club and just feel something because I really can't feel nothing, you know what I'm saying. Like that was like that's what she used to tell me to snap out of and it was like it was hard, man, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I want to go back to one thing you said in regards to how you react to death, because you know, staying busy as a response to trauma, right, and we saw that in real time.
Speaker 5: If you don't buy me bringing it.
Speaker 6: Up, like like people don't know to day your father passed. God blessed it came in you was scheduled to do a breakfast club interview. You came in the studio and still.
Speaker 1: Wanted to do it, like, Bro, go home, like what some of it? And I love you forever for that because I really was here to do that.
Speaker 26: And it's like that's the thing, like I'm so used to death and used to just like I didn't even process it for real, like I came here because it's like I really was in my head trying to forget and my dad is dead, but I gotta like understand it.
Speaker 1: I gotta know, like, yeah, my PAP's just that today. I need to process that.
Speaker 26: Like and you had just got the news while you was in the car on the way. Yeah, my dad was in the hospital. I knew he was sick and I found out he died, and I just came here.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just like I don't even like go home. What are you doing? Like we're not doing Yeah no, you told me, like Bro, just go home, like just leave Bro for real.
Speaker 10: For the rest of that day, Like what did you do? Did you reflect on it?
Speaker 26: Were you afraid to even I was afraid I was afraid because like when you lose a parent, that's different, real real my dad, like I didn't. I didn't have an absent father, like my father been living with me my entire life, like my mother and my dad been together forty years for real, for real, like and I think I was just trying to like not feel it, like not processing, like you know what I'm saying. I was just like, all right, bet let me just do it, and like that's the that's the problem, Like that's the thing, Like you feel like, all right, let me just do it and push through this, and this is my job, this is my life. Like you got to put that to the side. Sometimes when you're going through things like that, you feel what I'm saying that. The rest of that day for me was really just like I was scared, Like I ain't want to call my mama. I didn't want to talk to my sister. It took me so long and it just asked, my sister, are you okay?
Speaker 1: How you doing it? Was super hard?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Like I was scared to like had them conversations with her like how you feeling? You know what I'm saying that even my mom, like I keep my mom close to me, and my mom like this, you feel me and I know it, like I could see it. I know she was not okay, and I used to avoid them conversations you feel, I'm saying, Like she would.
Speaker 1: Bring stuff up and like send me pictures and all that. It was it was like I hadn't been in therapy.
Speaker 26: I'm a person that's not like shy from my emotions, like I'm in tune my emotions all of that. But just like it was hard because like for me, just I just thought he had more time, Like I just wanted him.
Speaker 1: To be here.
Speaker 26: So I trying to like live in reality because I'm still I was still grieving my little brother, you fee what I'm saying. So when that happened, it was just like I didn't want to believe that my dad was dead because I be on the road. Sometimes I go eight months without seeing my pops. So it's like you feel me, like eight nine months without seeing him at all. Sometimes I go months without talking to him. So I was trying to like tap into that, like you feel me, like, let me just getting that mentality like he like he here, but you know what I'm saying, but he my my Pop's really Like that's crazy. I think about that every day, Like, man really died on me, and it's crazy, Like I pray every day, like I pray so much because my pops, my last conversation with him. My dad died the day after his birthday, like my birthday October eighth, my dad birthday October sixteenth. He died on seventeen and my last conversation with him, I called him. I said every birthday. I said, man, you're on your way.
Speaker 1: Boy, you're getting old. You're getting old?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 1: And he died? Like that was the last I said that my pops. Like, boy, on your way, boy, you about to be setting me. You know what I'm saying, Like you're getting old? Stop getting old? Is a dream?
Speaker 10: Like you said that I was on my way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope. So I want him to. No, he haven't chat. I want him to. I hope he. I hope he's telling me that the night Like that give me a lot of comfort for real, for real, Like.
Speaker 6: Is it hard to write about I mean, like I said, you write about your brother now, Yeah, but your brother would past three.
Speaker 1: Years ago, five okay, So is it hard? It's hard to put that on paper?
Speaker 26: Right now and in a way like only like I'll just like for sure, like in a way I just rap about like my pop's passing. I never like I didn't got all the way, like I didn't made songs like paying how Much to.
Speaker 1: My brother like give it all that songs about my brother.
Speaker 26: And made songs just talking about how I felt that day like I didnet made multiple songs about my brother died, like I ain't did that for my pop hit. All I said on Wax for Real is just like my dad did, Like I never spoke about the mo just have felt none of that. So yeah, it is definitely tough because I don't know I feel like mentally or just where I'm met in life, like I ain't been able to tap into that pain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we want to get into something with that. What you want to hear? Now, man, let's play give it Out. That's one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you for joining us. Brother pick up her album this week. Her It's the Breakfast Club, everybody.
Speaker 8: It's d J n V Jess, Hilariy, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the breakfast Club. Somebody wanted to tell Laurence she got a segment to do.
Speaker 1: She forgot. I don't know where she's at.
Speaker 5: Is she late for the latest?
Speaker 17: Hold on?
Speaker 3: All right, well let's hit the button for the latest. And well, y'all want to be coming straight fast? She gets the from somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 13: Detail, I knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 1: She'd be having the latest on you, the Latest with Laurence La Rosa.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. On the Breakfast Club, Yes, IM.
Speaker 8: Going to that.
Speaker 21: I can't hear myself. Okay, I'm here, I can hear me. Hey, y'all, So we are back with some more things. Okay, So Kim Kardashian sat down with n C Nash. You know that they've been everywhere her Tianna Taylor, like the whole castle of uh All's Fair or all Things Fair a fair. Yes, So they've been promoting their show. So they sat down. They had the goat talk conversation. So they're talking about different goat moments in their life and they talk about the goat meal that they cook and Kim Ky says she's the Queen of soul food.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen. Goat dish.
Speaker 6: You can cook.
Speaker 1: You know this from your gumbo?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 13: Oh, crabs, crabs, Okay, I make crabs.
Speaker 10: Every single weekend.
Speaker 24: And I feel like if I was gonna choose what you would say, it would be absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: No, I don't feel like you cooked Kimberly.
Speaker 13: No, well, I just don't.
Speaker 10: I don't have a one trick pony.
Speaker 13: I know one meal, and it's a good one. Let me get and I'm gonna make it for you, and you're going to be really proud of me.
Speaker 1: Is it greens?
Speaker 10: Nope, macloni and cheese.
Speaker 1: It's the whole shebang, because what sold my soul food?
Speaker 24: Meal fried chicken, my mac and cheese, greens and sweet potatoes.
Speaker 1: So to f like good?
Speaker 13: That look all you want.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna make it. I am willing to be proven wrong.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 11: I've been the underdog my whole life, so I underestimate me.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you made said meal?
Speaker 10: I do it, not often enough, but it's good.
Speaker 5: I don't want any of that shebang, don't. I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I do believe, Yeah, that shebang. So many people in.
Speaker 9: Kim's life like that that are black, that would have we would have heard that she can't cook already. None of her exes says she can't cook. None of her friends says she can't cook. I really do believe her, and she's confident enough to stand on.
Speaker 8: It, but none of her ex says she can cook though.
Speaker 13: Now listen.
Speaker 21: In the same interview, Kim says, well, there's a there's a video from Kevin Hart a while a while ago. He came over and I cooked some food and he stamped my food. So I found the video. Let's take a listen to Kevin Hart. After this whole food Meal.
Speaker 8: Invited me over the house. Kim and Yach said, come, it gonna be some food.
Speaker 10: I ain't know what to expect, so it's gonna get some tunic casse role and some some caviat So I ain't gonna lie about my babies with me.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have, they're gonna do. I said, if it's bad, John, I gotta get Daddy up out of here. We gotta leave. It's a group. I can't lie to Y'all's not the case, lit, do I know? Kim threw down on some soul food, got.
Speaker 8: All us in here licking our fingers. He ain't talk to me yet.
Speaker 5: My baby over there throwing down as well.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna give her a shout out, man, Kim.
Speaker 5: Turn around, turn around, Kim.
Speaker 8: This is your shot out right now, your soul food shot out.
Speaker 6: I would have to see her do it myself, because you know, you can go to somebody house and they have the whole shebang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right out.
Speaker 6: But that don't mean they cooked it, you know what I'm saying. I would have to see her in the kitchen actually cheving it up, right.
Speaker 13: I just put a photo to that.
Speaker 21: Kevin Hartt posted in that video hashcheck soul food Sundays that this is the photo of the food that they were eating. But niece nashaid the same thing, like I need to see you with your hands in the kitchen cooking this food before I believe that this is the thing.
Speaker 5: And also too, who around her knows good soul food?
Speaker 1: Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, like that's very important. Like if if La La tell me Kim kin cook, I'll be like, okay, Sierra ta okay. But I'm not listening to none of the Kardashians. You think Kitlyn knows good soul food probably think the sweet potato.
Speaker 1: Is a pumpkin.
Speaker 8: Yea, all right, how you doing good?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 10: I believe it though, I mean we have heard, really.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 8: Grandmama ain't teachers that I don't know.
Speaker 10: Her grandmother definitely ain't teaching that I don't know. But I'm just saying because.
Speaker 3: It came from the heart though, right, because it comes from from being passed on it. Next you's gonna say she cook oxtail, right, Well, we'll have to.
Speaker 13: See how that goes.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 21: In other news, Dion Cole is having a conversation where we had a conversation a couple of days ago, but it's it's picking up right now.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 21: Dion Cole sat down with Noriega and DJ f N on Drink Champs and they talked about a moment at the BET Awards when Kai, Sanna and Drewski were streaming and they ran into Dion, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 27: Network hired this really big streamer, right, the biggest streamer out there. So they hired this person to come to the award shows and do vaccine. And this month it was like he was going up to people like I don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: What that is.
Speaker 27: And his excuse was, don't blame me because I'm young, And that was so disrespectful to me because I met dude one time backstage and he walked off and he was with my drewski Is with Drew Skie look at me and was like this.
Speaker 1: What's up og?
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 27: I appreciate you many.
Speaker 1: I love everything you do.
Speaker 8: Then he went to him and was like, man, you know, g you funny as hell, you know, and.
Speaker 15: He was like this.
Speaker 27: And just walked off, and I was like this, that's cool, and that's all. I'm not trying to beef. I'm just going if you're going to be in that position, do your research about.
Speaker 1: When you see icons and giving them love when you see them. Period.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Now, I don't know. I think this conversation and what he's saying. I can understand what he's saying too, because in the moment.
Speaker 1: How can he do his research on everybody that he know?
Speaker 8: That's not gonna be We were.
Speaker 13: Gonna get that.
Speaker 21: Listen, when you're at these award shows, you don't know everybody, even if they give you face sheets in the fat cars to.
Speaker 8: Give you times.
Speaker 3: I used to work the Red car Butt on all those shows, right, and I wouldn't know half the people that's coming up there, young or older.
Speaker 8: Sometimes they would have to tell me, my.
Speaker 3: A, that's so and so and so on and so it's not that you're being disrespectful, it's that you just don't know.
Speaker 1: It's experience.
Speaker 8: It's a learning experience, you know what I mean. And you know sometimes you wouldn't.
Speaker 9: And then Kyle, you know, Kyle mentioned his age. I mean to be honest with you, Yeah, man, this is his age. And then it's he already got his own platform that he built, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: So just because he don't know somebody, I wouldn't really give that. Everybody don't know everybody.
Speaker 1: I do get it.
Speaker 10: But that was a lot of people at the BT Wars, a lot of.
Speaker 9: People with the Matt Galla, He's been to countless big events, and it is I'm not gonna say impossible.
Speaker 10: And let you know, unless you really really like a Laura Larossa who knew everybody.
Speaker 21: I don't know and everybody, Yeah, I openly say I'm be knowing people I don't knowing how to say their names, like it's the thing I know.
Speaker 9: But I'm saying, hey, so prime example, you can't expect everybody to know everybody. But at the same time, I do stand with Dion cole is saying, if they hired him to come there, then you might might want to meet with him before and be like, look, yo, this is who And still that's still not.
Speaker 13: Interesting everybody and.
Speaker 21: Presented at the awards too, and if you're there, you're streaming. I think what I think the middle point of this is in the conversation that people keep trying to have about kay Saat when he does these things, is that maybe there should just be more prep so if he doesn't know at least certain people in certain situations, he can like the.
Speaker 1: One they madreds of people at these away young old but you know that age.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, but sometimes you don't know everybody, and he's doing behind the scenes stuff. And the only reason I know is because I've been there before and I know who's walking up and they're saying, oh, that's so and so, and I don't know who they are.
Speaker 6: Everybody said that Kayle was running up on people saying I don't know who you are. That's I never saw him.
Speaker 21: So you remember at the same award shows when him and La. He didn't say I don't know. But there has been since this conversation keeps happening, there has been different moments that people are pulling of Kai in different situations where he doesn't know people, or him talking about the fact that he doesn't know certain people, and the fact that what I'm trying to get to is the fact that he can just openly say I don't know these people, and then we brought to these awards where you're in here with these people, You're supposed to know who they are.
Speaker 13: It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: On the network, we'll put that on b E T.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't put that on him.
Speaker 9: I would because if they hired him, they have to let him at least give him the people that's running play in the show, like all r Yo. He's a presenter, this is the host, this is the person performing. At least know those people. I wouldn't really put that on Kayle for that one particular moment.
Speaker 5: And now the older person, how many of the young people do we know?
Speaker 8: That's my point.
Speaker 1: We go see the war shows, I don't know, how is it a radio or nine? I'm like, who is that? When I used to do the Red call, but they would bring some people out. I wouldn't have no idea.
Speaker 3: And you can't trust BET because I remember one time Miss Pat was walking up to me and they didn't know who Miss Pat wasn't no, she had a show on BT.
Speaker 1: They was like, let us Sloe.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, that's what's Pat And I brought Miss Pat over so everybody doesn't know everybody on those award shows.
Speaker 8: That was when Miss Pat first got first got on the BT player.
Speaker 6: There's nothing wrong introducing yourself to and that is true, nothing wrong being like, yo, what's up man?
Speaker 1: My name is such and such that goes to onstream like I've seen.
Speaker 6: I've seen some of the biggest artists in the world on the planet walk into the room and introduced themselves to people like literally walk up to you, shake their hand and be like I'm beyond I'm not even joking, like I've seen.
Speaker 5: I've seen that.
Speaker 21: And the interview that Dion did with Nourri, like the conversation, it wasn't just about the cod stuff. He was trying to make a point throughout the whole conversation that that we don't value our older talent and acts like he talked about what are you talking about up here?
Speaker 1: Too?
Speaker 21: Like going to certain concerts and if it's an old school like White Act, it's packed full of people. But then you go to like r OG's concerts and it's not as packed. The venues are smaller. So I think he was trying to just get to, like, you know, there should be a certain level of like respect on people who've been doing certain.
Speaker 1: What you're saying.
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying, but just he also has to remember what those award shows. You have thousands of artists and celebrities in the building, and you're not going to know everybody, you know what I mean? Just not like I said, I've been there before and I don't know half the people that's there, and I do the rate even up hearing sometimes and I gotta step outside to be like, who's that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The day the other day, I knew exactly way and he walked up, yeah, I said, and he walked out if you didn't know who this was?
Speaker 1: And I know that, And then what did you say? I don't know who you are either, But I introduced myself.
Speaker 5: I said, who are I asked him a question?
Speaker 6: I asked him, I don't have no problem looking stupid in case you hang out here trying to like I knew everybody.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know who it was. Somebody coming in the building. Who is this? We know where they're from. I wanted to do my research. That's right.
Speaker 13: They actually won to They d M me and was like, congratulate. I mean thank you we won. Are uh whatever I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to find.
Speaker 13: I'm trying to find of the end?
Speaker 5: Think you thank you?
Speaker 13: Gilmore? Yes, he wrote, I just wanted to mention, will you give.
Speaker 8: Me your donkey too?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: Another example of why you got to stay away from these y ns because they're a full front of car text not developed, but we'll discuss.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll get to that next is the breakfast club of Goo Morning.
Speaker 1: To watch out for Florida.
Speaker 6: Mir The craziest people in America come from the Bronx in all of four.
Speaker 5: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 23: A Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 8: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 11: Florida man is arrested after w state he rigged the door to his home in an attempt to electric hit his president Whits police.
Speaker 1: Arrested in Orlando man, we're talking to.
Speaker 6: Famindo the breakfast club bitch you donkey o the day with Charlam Hayne, a guy.
Speaker 5: I don't know why y'all keep letting him get.
Speaker 1: Y'all like this.
Speaker 6: Well, Duval Donkey of Today for Thursday, November sixth goes to a nineteen year old yn from Miami, Florida named Anthony Markeith Elliott. I don't know when y'all going to realize and not go back and forth with people who are the same age as Jez's Trap Would Die mixtape. Okay, seriously, you have to ask these questions to yourself. Am I arguing with somebody that's the same age our younger than t I's urban legend? Okay, there is absolutely no reason to be going back and forth for the nineteen year old. Okay, Their prefrontal cortext doesn't even start developing until their mid twenties. Okay, you have to understand that before you even open up your mouth to go back and forth.
Speaker 5: With one of these youngest.
Speaker 6: But by the time people realize that it's too late, and this young lady, Chayton Thomas realized it a little too late, all right. See Chaton was in the car along with her pregnant daughter and her one year old daughter, and she decided that she wanted to stop at McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Well, when she stopped at Mickey Dee's, this happened.
Speaker 28: I told him, I said, listen, his mama want to make make griddleson met chicken. Because this is about to be a mccnfronderbal at this McDonald's. I'll play any stop of games.
Speaker 29: We broke the story Monday, Miami Gardens, McDonald's employee arrested for pulling a gun on a car full of women and a child.
Speaker 1: So you were waiting for a while, Yeah, we was waiting for miche over an hour. We stayed.
Speaker 29: Chayton Timmans says they waited a long time, her president daughter to some of the people in the car, and then this guy, Anthony Elliott wouldn't give them their food.
Speaker 28: She says, were looking at each other, me and my goddaughter looking at each other, like why are you upset?
Speaker 1: And he was like, I don't have to give you nothing.
Speaker 4: He was like what you said?
Speaker 1: What you said? And we were like are you serious, Like what's really going on? So he clutched at his waist.
Speaker 2: I got on the phone with the cops.
Speaker 28: I said, this is going to go one of two ways, Miami Gardens Police Department, y'all need to get here to McDonald's because somebody for the.
Speaker 6: Die all of her just now was a bunch of MC drama. Okay, MC mayheon, all right, that could have been a MIC disaster, all right. I'm not debating with nobody that's younger than get Richard.
Speaker 1: I trying. That is a make mistake, all right.
Speaker 5: That is a conversation that leads to nothing but MC madness.
Speaker 1: All right, Chaeton, you lucky you wasn't mc murdered.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right? And who the hell waits to McDonald's for an hour?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Who has an hour to wait at McDonald's? And what is up with fast food restaurants? Every time I come in this building, it's a story about a scuffleedge subway or something popping off at Popeye's, kerfuffles at KFC, people getting whipped over whoppers? What is it about fast food that is causing folks to be so violent? Also, Anthony, I want better for brothers like you.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 6: It pains me to know that you feel like you have to carry a pistol at work. Okay, do you realize that everyone in this story thought they.
Speaker 5: Was in danger? Everyone?
Speaker 6: This man had a gun at work at McDonald's, and this woman Chaton was clearly dealing with some PTSD.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to Local ten news for the more the report.
Speaker 29: Police Elliott now facing the chargers, and for this woman who already survived us shooting.
Speaker 8: She says she went into defence mode.
Speaker 1: And what puts through your mind at that moment? He has a death wish. He must have a death wish.
Speaker 28: This gotta be a suicide, because it's no way that I'm fort to allow you to do anything bothering herm tomorrons.
Speaker 1: All over McNuggets a ticket ticket.
Speaker 10: He must want to have a mac funeral.
Speaker 28: He put my kids in herm's way, and that's a problem for me. I'm not that type of girl. I'm not that type of woman, and I'm not the type of arent.
Speaker 6: She's already been shot before. We are traumatized people, man, we are hurt people.
Speaker 5: But even through the.
Speaker 6: Pain, we're gonna get these jokes off. She knew she was on camera and she was letting it go. You hear me, The woman in the car with her kids, and poor Anthony was at work with a gun. But Anthony clearly as a brother who doesn't need to own a firearm.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: That is the combo at McDonald's that nobody wants to see. When you have low emotional intelligence. Okay, it's hard to be in a job in the service industry because a lot of the service industry is about temperament.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: You are dealing with other people all day, other people's emotions, other people stress, and you have to keep you cool. Okay, because if you have a mic meltdown like Anthony did, then you end up in a mic mess and that's when you end up with a McMug shot. Okay, this young man has been charged with five countervaggravated assault with a firearm. Let me tell you how you end up in mcprison in a situation like this. Number one being nineteen and black. Okay, number two. If you work at McDonald's, a highly doubt you can afford the type of attorneys you need to even deal with a case like this, So you're gonna end up getting a public defender who's gonna tell you to plea the something. Okay, I don't know you know what the charge will be, and then they gonna end up giving you some jail time, and that's when you get McK locked up. Ronald McDonald once said, when anger rises, think of the consequences.
Speaker 1: I'm lying Ronald McDonald.
Speaker 5: Never said that.
Speaker 6: That was Confucius, but I can make a mean saying it was Ronald McDonald and people will still share it. But the quote still applies. When anger rises, think of the consequences. Please give Anthony Mark Keith Elliott the biggest he hull.
Speaker 1: What's the other people? Way?
Speaker 6: That was Mick crazy? There definitely was mm hmmm. Who waits to McDonald's for an hour?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: That's crazy?
Speaker 10: Too much time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wait when he when he dropped the frozen But that ain't no hour. That's an hour that maybe like seven minutes, seven to ten minutes. And listen, you know, never mind but no, but I know you wasn't gonna play no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: You know when you just said when you when you hear somebody say, hey, waited at McDonald's for an hour?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, they wait at McDonald's for an hour.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: Wait you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: All right, yeah, okay, you're not playing a game, all right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't know you already pulled her up anywhere. You're looking right at her.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: But if I had to guess, shut up.
Speaker 8: All right, yes, waited, I say, at least to sixty alright?
Speaker 1: Five four two wow, big bag.
Speaker 20: Big bag.
Speaker 8: All the food in all the world, and I am going to eat all right now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 8: Donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: Up next, just fix my mess eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need relationship advice and any type of advice, you can call right now. And the chat chat shout everybody on our twitch right now. If you got a quick on twitch, we do on twitch right yeah, we know, we not. I don't see the chat No, no, I thought we was all right, Well, call jess Art right now. She'll fix your message. The breakfast Club, Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: That's about me. For relationship problems, that about me.
Speaker 9: If you need to beat your coworker's ass about me, for your coworker needs to beat your ass, call it at.
Speaker 13: The jests and I'm here to fix your mess.
Speaker 1: Fix your mess.
Speaker 10: It's giving very much messy.
Speaker 1: Let me fix this morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is SEEJ n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: I'm going to be on the breakfast Good morning, Gay high Chess, the Envy and the guy in Lauren good morning.
Speaker 3: Who are you telling you gonna be on the breakfast club? Whore you talking to in the background? My little sister, Oh, your little sister, shout out Devinie.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Devanie.
Speaker 17: Her birthday was yesterday.
Speaker 15: She just turned thirteen, so she is officially a teenager.
Speaker 3: Wow, so you gonna, you're gonna, You're gonna have her in the call while you asked just this question, Okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 15: Go Well, it's not too crazy. But you know, I do have a hair business.
Speaker 17: I've been doing hair since I was.
Speaker 15: In high school, like twenty twelve, and recently I graduated from cosmetology and I'm really taking my business serious now.
Speaker 17: Shout out to my business.
Speaker 15: J do Reny Hair. But I have an issue having boundaries with family and friends. And you know, I recently had a friend that just didn't show up for her appointment and just.
Speaker 17: Thought that I could just reschedule her.
Speaker 15: But it's not easy like that when I am trying to build my clientele and I have people that I can fill in those spots with that don't ask for discounts and you know, really want to pay for a price and experience my services. So I'm just wondering, like maybe if you could get me some tis because I have a big heart, Like I don't want to I don't want to charge family because they do so much for me, Like I have a very supportive family, you know, but with the hair and with my business and I'm a new business owner, like, I just find it hard to have those boundaries sometimes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well your pockets feel that your boundaries should have been put in place. I bet right, because starting a business is not easy, you know, especially if your pockets ain't if you ain't already rich, you know what I mean. You take l's like when you start in a business. So you understanding, right because I already know your pocket is here because you're self funding everything, correct, I am. Yeah, you don't have investors, you didn't get along. You're doing in out of your pocket, right, So it has to be a conversation with friends and family and people who want the discounso or they want it for free unless you're in influenza that we can do trade off, you know what I mean, You can post me to amplify my business or help me get exposure to get more asses in these seats in this shop, or you know what.
Speaker 10: I mean, that you really have to pay for because this is your way of living. This is the way you make comedy.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 10: You don't have another job, right I do.
Speaker 15: I have another job, but you know I'm trying to replace my income. I'm trying to make this my full time career.
Speaker 10: Right and it's hard to do that.
Speaker 9: That's why you do have another job so you can fund your business, so you can operate just through your business.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, boy, I understand having a big heart. I have a big heart as well.
Speaker 1: And still you can still have a big heart and.
Speaker 10: Just say no because it's the same like with my comedy shows.
Speaker 9: Every time, every time I do a comedy show on Baltimore, I got friends along list of friends and family that I had, ones that I haven't even talked to.
Speaker 10: In a while, whether they helped me along the way, you know, years back or not.
Speaker 9: Like this is the way I make my money now, and if I'm giving discount here, discount there.
Speaker 10: I'm never making money.
Speaker 9: My business will never exceed the level that it's set right now because I'm not making money. So you can still have a big heart and know how to say no.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Just pray on it.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you do that, but just pray.
Speaker 17: I definitely pray.
Speaker 10: Definitely ask God to give you the words to say to people.
Speaker 1: I mean, it should just be no.
Speaker 9: But if if you don't like saying noing it makes you feel bad, it's other ways to tell these people do.
Speaker 10: Feel I get what's your sign? I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: I'm a Virgo.
Speaker 1: Y'all have all the time telling people no.
Speaker 15: I do yeah, I mean, I don't know. I just I want to help people and.
Speaker 10: I just want to damn. I thought was ready to die. I've never heard a Virgo that was hard to tell people no. That's crazy.
Speaker 9: That's that's their language right there. But I just asked that astrology has nothing to do with it. Just yo, like you got to put you first.
Speaker 10: You have to put you first, you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: And for all the people that be trying to negotiate prices with hair style is y'all gotta stop that because crazy said our price.
Speaker 9: Man, although some of y'all do be tripping, because two twenty five for a press, for a silk pressed, if you graduated from the elite class of silk presses, twenty five is crazy.
Speaker 15: Sil presidents pay way more than that.
Speaker 9: I get it, I get it, But but like I said, you know what I mean, you gotta find a way to create that boundary.
Speaker 10: Like, look, y'all, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 10: I'm not booming enough to give her free hairstyles.
Speaker 15: You're right, Yeah, yeah, Okay, thank you, Jes help me.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 8: Mama.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 1: My name Chase?
Speaker 8: What's your question for Jama?
Speaker 2: So basically, my girl, we've been together for like six months and.
Speaker 10: Got praising and you said she got pregnant. Yeah, she got pregnant, Okay, No, we got praived, right, okay.
Speaker 2: And she wanted to keep the baby. She called and just a backstory, I've got a prison like last year, and I've been on my stuff. I got a job, got it far, got all this, and I feel like I ain't lived here and I ain't any goals, and I feel like she's forcing a baby on Mmm.
Speaker 10: So you feel like she forcing the baby on you that you essentially put inside of her.
Speaker 2: I understand my role in this situation, huh, But I'm finding the herd. It's a lot of financial responsibility. It's a lot more that going for this than just your feeling.
Speaker 10: Just like that feeling before you shut up the club. You know what I'm saying. You should have been thinking about that. That's your girl.
Speaker 9: This ain't just somebody that you met like you know what I'm saying. This ain't somebody that you just cool with. You know, this is your girl six months or not.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 10: But you're supposed to have that in the back of your mind while you in them guts.
Speaker 9: You feel me that you just got home from jail and you haven't lived yet, you know what I mean, And you still got you still you don't feel like you're stable enough to provide what a child will need from you, You feel me, And it is her body, her choice.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I mean, I I totally understand, but you this is a lesson that that you're being taught right now.
Speaker 10: So so what what the outcome is?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 10: What are you what's the outcome what you're gonna tell.
Speaker 2: I mean, either way, I'm gonna take care of it.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna take care of my baby because that's how I was right.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like it's way more.
Speaker 17: Than if it's not financially in the right spot to be taken.
Speaker 2: On all of this. Already got a kid.
Speaker 4: And she got a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 17: Mm no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a rocky out regardless, but I don't know a woman's perspective.
Speaker 9: No, but that that is that's the woman's perpective. You can ask the men in the room, but that's the woman's perspective though. You know from the one that I'm giving.
Speaker 10: You know like it takes too. I mean, it's it's cliche, but it takes too.
Speaker 14: I get it.
Speaker 5: You feel me.
Speaker 9: I'm actually glad that you're home. You know, you're trying to it on your feet and everything like that. But the reason for not wanting the baby, the first thing you said, the reason for not wanting a baby right now is you haven't lived yet.
Speaker 10: And then you said everything else after.
Speaker 9: You was living when you you know what I'm saying, When you was doing the thing when you was that night you lived and then now it's another person that's going to be living in a few months, you know, and you just gotta deal with that.
Speaker 1: You can, you can still live and have a baby.
Speaker 9: It might slow you down, but you know now you'all got three kids, so you just gotta, you know, put your big boy drawers on, buddy, and you know, be a dad and still try to live your life.
Speaker 17: Fat Thank you all.
Speaker 2: I want to say one more thing. Sharl was named of God got me through prison.
Speaker 17: He had me thinking different. That brilliant it is.
Speaker 2: I appreciate him.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you King, love my brother, love lessons to you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Man, I sure did slew to everybody in prison.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Okay, they read books, They trying to better theyself, you know, and they aren't correctional facilities. But you got a lot of brothers in there trying to correct theyself. Okay, So saluted him.
Speaker 1: Got through his bed. I just fixed my mess eight hundred five. I didn't say nothing was freaking.
Speaker 5: I said, you got that freaking your eyes.
Speaker 1: I know you freaking me.
Speaker 10: Didn't provide context.
Speaker 9: It would have been a little crazy if he didn't provide context to say brilliant idiots.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he said you got him through a sentence.
Speaker 1: I wasn't with him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's why he had to provide that.
Speaker 6: Content walking down with him, up next to lady who said you got him through the nineties.
Speaker 1: Shut up, man, No, no, the ladies.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: This chat is so distracted morning you said the last one.
Speaker 1: The chat is hilarious. Why is it always?
Speaker 13: You know, because people they say what you say?
Speaker 5: I've never said that.
Speaker 1: What Boss by his back never said that.
Speaker 5: I've never said boss. All right, Well, let's get to let you go the long.
Speaker 10: Becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 1: Detail.
Speaker 13: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 1: She'd be having the latest on you. The large is the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 1: Every time, it's the lad on the breakfast Club. Talk to talk to me.
Speaker 21: All right, y'all, So a big congratulations to Dolly Bishop and Charlemagne. So Dolly and Charlemagne, Well, first of all, for those who may not know, Dolly Bishop is the president of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Big Dolly, not the little one. Never the little one don't play with us.
Speaker 21: And they celebrated five years of the network. So they covered Vibe magazine and the tagline is turning mics into a movement. But Dolly is and they said this in the article that she's the person that make sure that Charlemagne walks the walk because you know he talk a lot. They also mentioned in this article that she is the muscle, Charlemagne is the mouth. And I will agree that Dolly is definitely she gets things moving. So she oversees strategy partnerships and keeps the network profitable and purposeful.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yes, Black Effect is successful. Dropping the clues buond for Dollary Bishop and black Pfecdemmic. Yes, thank you the Vibe for you know, giving us that cover article. We appreciate it because who you are will showing what you do. So thank you Vibe for highlighting what a Black Effect is doing.
Speaker 30: Now.
Speaker 21: In other news, speaking of black women in announcements, Clarissa Shields just sat down and announced that she signed a multi million dollar fight contract for eight million dollars.
Speaker 13: She was talking to King Let's say a listen.
Speaker 10: It's a two year contract.
Speaker 1: A two year contract, so you're getting eight million dollars over the next two years.
Speaker 20: And yeah, but it's the best thing about this deal is it's the signing bonus, right, so before I step into the ring, I get a large amount before I see the the aly just like the minimum, you know, it's other stuff you get. Oh wow, deal was actually bigger than that. That's just the number that we decided to put out there because if you want to do the math, right, but that's just the right.
Speaker 5: Yesla dropping Clarissa Shire.
Speaker 21: I'll be bringing you guys some more details on that because Clarissa has a press luncheon here in New York City today. Remember she talked to me at the Aveny Pro one hundred about this big announcement. So this was the big announcement. We'll get some more details today. I'll be there covering that and then i'll bring it back here into the latest.
Speaker 8: I don't care how she does the math. Eight million dollars, whether she gets more than that or eight, it's still a lot of money.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't want to know how many fights it is though I know it's two years, but how many times does she have to fight within those two years?
Speaker 21: Yes, because they asked her that question, but she didn't answer it directly so that we can get some more details on that. Today, I'm going to ask you all all the questions I'll want to know to bring it right on back here. And lastly in this hour, another congratulations to another fire black woman, actually Allison, who is now the owner of the Root, and the Root has the Root one hundred list that they do every single year, and we actually talked to her about that list and surprise, the Breakfast Club will be on it.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on acquiring the route.
Speaker 30: Yes, and I have something I want to congratulate you all on as well. Okay, so today we are announcing the Root one hundred the first time I'm announcing this list as the publisher, and the Breakfast.
Speaker 16: Club is on our list.
Speaker 13: Oh wow, thank you so much, Thank you for all you all do to have the ear of the people.
Speaker 30: We have some gifts for the guys from Ourtel, our sponsors and Motel.
Speaker 13: Yeah you know the blue swift.
Speaker 30: We have one for you, Envy. We have your beautiful flowers over there. Yes, I thought you were going to be here, but we have some flowers waiting for you for when you come back and to the office. So everyone go to the Route dot com and see who else is on the one hundred comes out to date today people to know why we're breaking news here.
Speaker 1: Dope.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I appreciate Ashley Allison because her voice is very important on CNN, and I love to see her spreading her wings.
Speaker 1: And owning the Route because people like her need to have platforms like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I agree.
Speaker 21: And it's her company, Watering Hoole Media, which is what she did the acquisition with us. Yeah, shout out to them. You guys can check out that list. It goes live today at nine o'clock a m.
Speaker 13: On the roote dot Com. You'll see us on that list.
Speaker 5: Dope, don't don't, don't don't don't.
Speaker 13: That's it for the hour.
Speaker 8: So you got yes, okay, all right, well, thank you so much. That is the latest with a Lauren Now.
Speaker 13: What'll be early?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the short to look see if something was wrong with Brandon, like damn well, I did have.
Speaker 1: The other clipper.
Speaker 21: I did have the other clipper. You're talking about how you feel like the root was tating on you in the cannon. I thought we had to get out. They was yelling at me last hour, so on Breakfast Club YouTube.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it'll be live on our YouTube channel as well. I can talk if you'll, you know you can.
Speaker 1: That's why we're so shocking you.
Speaker 13: Okay, it's like saying, y'all want me to end it and be on time.
Speaker 8: All right, now, don't forget next week telling me you're gonna be very fast.
Speaker 9: Yes, hey yo, I'm gonna be in Perrysburg, Ohio. That's to lead to Ohio at the Funny Bone Comedy Club. We got two shows next Friday, two shows next Saturday. So jess Hilarious official dot com if you haven't get your tickets now. Also, don't forget to pre order my book Till Deathdo We Parent. It's a co parenting memoir that reflects on my journey with me raising my kid with his father.
Speaker 10: So get that anyway. You pre order your books or you get your books at in.
Speaker 9: Baltimore, I'll be filming my comedy special at the nuther More Haul December thirteenth.
Speaker 10: We got two shows.
Speaker 9: I might do December fourteenth as well, but just trying to set out the first two December fourteenth, So get your tickets. You will be on camera and look. The tickets for general admission goes on sale tomorrow today.
Speaker 1: The pre sale you.
Speaker 9: Can get you can reserve your tickets, get your tickets right now using the promo code four to one oh Jess. So my website justelarious official dot com or ticketmass you can you can get your pre sale tickets using the promo code Jess four one oh.
Speaker 10: That was a lot of information. But if you love Jess, you kept up.
Speaker 8: All right, period, all right.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, we got the People's Choice Mix eight hundred five eighty five one five.
Speaker 8: We get your request, and now it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Go Morning Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is dej MV Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. They don't forget. Next week Jes, you're gonna be out in Ohio.
Speaker 10: Yep, I'm gonna be in Toledo, Ohio.
Speaker 9: So we got four shows next weekend, November fourteenth and fifteenth at the Comedy Club, the Funnybone Comedy Club. I don't know, I've never been to Perrysburg, and maybe I haven't just didn't know it was Praiseburg. I always thought it was Toledo, but for some reason, they wanted me to stress the fact that it's Perrysburg, so all surrounding areas, all the outskirts, the n skirts, whatever. Make sure you get your tickets and meet me at the Funnybone Comedy Club in Toledo, Ohio.
Speaker 10: Can't wait to see y'all.
Speaker 8: All right now, Charlaman, you got a positive note. I do have a positive note.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 6: I want to talk to you about resilience this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Resilience is very different than being numb. Okay.
Speaker 6: Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt, you fall, but you keep going.
Speaker 1: That's resilience.
Speaker 5: Have a great day, Breakfast club.
Speaker 13: You gonna finish for y'all.
Speaker 11: Do