Speaker 1: Four three three two one Jack, you're supposed to say drag baby.
Speaker 2: Drag baby. I actually don't know that show at all.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't either, That's why I said I don't even think that's a thing from it. That's definitely not a thing from it. That sounds like a straight person talking about drag And this is the.
Speaker 2: Part where we say drag baby, drag baby, drag me? Do I sound drag me?
Speaker 1: Mothery Hunt?
Speaker 2: That's so good, like definitely an impress an accurate impression of somebody from drag Race.
Speaker 1: That's Martin Short doing Nathan Lane.
Speaker 2: That's right doing somebody from drag Race.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna throw out I believe. I think there's a high, medium to high chance my sister will be straight off upset with me for revealing this on air. But my sister lives and we'll just say the South, and one of her neighbors is a little white boy named Hunter and they do call him Hunty, and it is insane.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. I love that as a reference they call no, they just call him Hunty, like, yeah, hey, what's up, little Hunty? And they don't know how funny that is.
Speaker 4: I can't tell and I'm too. I tried to say something and there was no like appropriate way to do it in front of, like, you know, a birthday party of two year olds?
Speaker 2: Was he serving hunt?
Speaker 1: Does he have a sister named Slaymantha?
Speaker 2: Or Hello the Internet and welcome to season three seventy one, Episode three of Dead Days I Stay production of Yes, iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we Yes take a yes deep dive into america shared consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel. This is a YouTube episode. You can go see what it looked like on Friday. What a what a tease? It's Wednesday, January fifteenth, twenty twenty four. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien. I didn't I didn't have time to look for an aka this morning, But thanks to everybody who sureley wrote great ones and we'll be back to singing for y'all yeah tomorrow. I'm thrilled to be joined in our miles seat by a hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer. You know him from the Yos this racist podcast. It's Andrew too.
Speaker 4: I just want to say for the community, I actually factually spent my AKA thinking of time better known as the ten minutes before I get on here looking for some stuff for some firefighters because the request cavid. So everyone who would have enjoyed an ed AKA from Andrew please know that on your behalf, I have given it to the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: That's very nice of you. We also spend a good fifteen minutes trying to figure out recording on riverside and looking at seapep masks that look like face huggers. So just to bring people fully up to speed doing the Lord's work, Andrew, how are you doing? Are you still not You're still in your place?
Speaker 4: You're oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know if we talked about this, but yeah, I'm I'm in a pretty I'm in a part of Los Angeles that if I was in fire danger it would be catastrophically. It was like all of LA would have burned down anymore. So yeah, so just you don't have to worry about me specifically. I have been weirdly okay ish.
Speaker 5: I do have asthma that's relatively mild, and I've been I although I one of the things I've been doing in a mutual air capacity has been distributing masks.
Speaker 4: So if anyone needs two thousand masks, they're in my car. So I have a lot of masks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did a masked up we got we got a bunch of kids ones left over from COVID. Yeah, using the hell out of those, baby.
Speaker 4: That is the to the extent. I mean, look, things change, and the generally the issue now has been making sure things resources not that they're you know, sufficient, but there's sort of more resources than on the ground distributable out of the door. Yeah. Yeah, the distribution is not caught up. So, but masks is always a thing. Kids masks is a thing that I think has been consistently people are still looking for. Yeah, we've been.
Speaker 3: Given so sick of the gay agenda, trying to make kids masks.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: Being masked is for me when I'm having an identity crisis. Okay, it's not for children.
Speaker 2: That's right. Hey, that voice in our third seat hilarious stand up comedian, writer, actor, improviser. You can catch her on stand up stages everywhere, check her website and at the monthly Facial Recognition comedy show, which she also produces. It's Paula.
Speaker 3: Love My Goodness, shout out to Andrew for doing mutual aid.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, great job.
Speaker 4: It's just we all. I'm doing it purely in a self interested sense. Oh and we're on videos. So this is my solidarity and snacks shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh I love solidarity and snacks.
Speaker 2: That's such a cool shirt.
Speaker 3: We have so many really awesome mutual aid groups in LA and a lot of them were born out of COVID, but a lot of them they've been going for like five years or more.
Speaker 1: They're so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's I will just say my little essay for mutual aid or for when it's time in your community. When you're on various chats and stuff. I know it doesn't feel like people, it's not your instinct when you're asking or providing help. But please say the numbers of what you have and what you need. It will save everyone so much time. Part Like, I feel like, you know, four percent of my time is spent asking people. Wait, so how much do you have? How many cars do you need? What is this? How much do you need? Right? So say what you need? Say what numbers. I'm turning into a fucking line producer.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It's like I was going to say it's like trying to the for like tech issues. It's like what is going on and she's like five different things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just say the number as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of people coming together, I want to give a shout out to Maximum Derek exclamation point on the on Blue Sky. That's their use name on Blue Sky. But this is a listener who built an incredible lightsaber and is auctioning it off to raise funds for Miles's family. If this is your first episode listening since the fires, Miles and his family lost their home. We will be linking off to a GoFundMe for them and also this auction where where they're auctioning off this very cool lightsaber to raise funds. And then we'll also be blinking off to some a list of gofundmes for displaced black families who have been displaced by the fires, some vetted GoFundMe directories that you can go check out and contribute to. But yeah, it's still you know, the next twenty four hours supposed to be very windy, So.
Speaker 4: We are podcasting from one of the biggest positions of ignorance about the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right, Captain Planet back yea. All those kids were warning us about each of their fields or realms.
Speaker 2: I didn't really watch that. So they had like a fire person.
Speaker 3: There was fire, Earth with water and Heart, and everybody thought Heart was a bitch ass, but it turns out Heart is mutual aid.
Speaker 1: So there is sore.
Speaker 2: These were not weaponized. It wasn't like they're no, they were definitely so like the fire could like yeah out and what did Heart do? Just like kind of break your heart? Like ghost?
Speaker 1: You like, oh, like, how could heart be weaponized?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love bombing.
Speaker 4: I guess I love bombing and then ghost I think in the in the show, Heart mostly translated to mind control over animals. If I'm being as far as like fighting a group of people or a bad guy with it was usually I can control these pigeons.
Speaker 1: It was the mother of Dragons of yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my heart wouldn't be able to recover if somebody was able to control some pigeons, make them like kind of coup. In my general dreams, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't I think super well thought out. It was sort of like a combination of like Aristotle and Voltron as far as elemental forces.
Speaker 2: Some of that Aristotle, sof I was a philosophy major in a university department that had a strong like bent towards the classics, and like a lot of the shit you end up studying and that is like, well, we know this is wrong, right, Like it's just people saying stuff that we scientifically have disproven a long time ago.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, you know your how's your ethereal bile going exactly.
Speaker 2: The various humors. It was just like a guy in the entire nation who was like, well, it's the smart guy who's like thought of stuff and he had interesting.
Speaker 3: The content creators of their time, like are prolific, just became the philosopher of their time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is like one of the most important lessons that you learned from that is and that that's actually I forget which one of the like one of the famous classic philosophers was like, all about the most important thing to learn is how little you know about anything?
Speaker 1: Kruger effect.
Speaker 2: That's it was Dunning and Krueger, the Collabo that would change everything.
Speaker 3: I like that one guy just was like I really want to fuck my mom, and then we made him a hero.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh my god, it's so wild.
Speaker 2: They were like, we just be aware, like we know so little, just be you know, open to the mystery of the universe and open to your own ignorance. But then like spent the rest of their career being like, so, here's probably how physics works. Yeah, it probably has to do with these little dudes. Who are you know? Anyways, Andrew Paulave, it's so wonderful to have you both, Paul V. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment.
Speaker 1: For the audience does not know me? Who is this? I should come on as a different character every time.
Speaker 2: Before we get into that, we do like to tell our listening to a couple of things we're talking about with the impending TikTok band. We do just want to acknowledge Red Note or New Overlord the number one app right now on the Apple App Store? Is that correct Apple.
Speaker 1: App on the on the US App Store?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, Paul V, you're gonna catch us up on that. We're gonna talk about a couple new ivermectin Pitchmen that we got Matt Gaetz who is now has a show on one of those one of those networks, O A N or like true America. I don't know what the fuck on one of those things.
Speaker 1: He's on own, He's gonna get own.
Speaker 4: It's so it is that there's multiple TV networks called own. Is alper Winfrey networks still around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that is the most wild thing about what we just said. The number of networks named him also imactin having a real moment right now. Mel Gibson went on the Joe Rogan podcast because this is the new hell scape that we exist in where it's Mel Gibson was so a lot of people are making it talking about how he made the claim that he was like three of my friends had stage four cancer. Now all of them are cancer free, and like he was trying to make the point that they were cured by ivermectim, but he couldn't really remember what it was. A lot of people are, you know, just pointing out how incorrect that is. But I feel like not enough people are pointing out, like how high he was on stimulants. I don't know if you guys saw the video clip, he is fucking flying.
Speaker 3: Okay, But like, I don't know what mel Gibson's baseline is because he just seems insane all the time, so like how him on stimulants?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe it's not.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's that doesn't feel like what the brain is now it is.
Speaker 2: I do just want to give a performance note of whatever this is. It is.
Speaker 3: Also was like the resurrection legitimately happened, like there was just like a hole it was.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know all that plenty more, But first, Paula, do you do like to ask our guest what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: I I think this morning looked up who is the dacy girl from the Rihanna Bitch Better Have My Money music video? Because she had a dacy henchwoman who was like gorgeous, amazing whatever, And like I was like, what happened to her?
Speaker 1: And so I looked her up.
Speaker 3: Her name is Sanam Cindy and she's still like doing stuff, still active. She seems awesome. I want to see her in more things. I don't know, That's what I looked up. Sometimes I'll have a memory from when I'm like a kid and felt representation and was like what happened?
Speaker 1: Who was that?
Speaker 2: Who was that? Yeah? He was like wake up?
Speaker 4: Why was now the moment? And not when you first saw the video.
Speaker 3: Oh, I did look her up, but then it's been like, however many years I was obsessed with her, and then like I hadn't like thought about her in a while. And then some some like real popped up or something and it was like Rihanna made that song because she wanted her money, and I was like, I don't know this backstory, but what happened to that girl?
Speaker 1: Like what happened to her?
Speaker 2: I do love those explainer videos that have the most baseline, obvious explanation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she actually really wanted to say money. Hey, yeah, they were talking to you.
Speaker 4: I am depressed to admit that. Like on Amazon Prime, when when you pause it, it tells you all the actors in a scene, and it's so like obnoxious and idiotic, and I find it immensely helpful.
Speaker 1: That's like the.
Speaker 3: Pop up the music video on v H one. Do you remember how I had all those pop up facts?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love that. I would do that with every like animal actor. I'd be like, what's their backstory?
Speaker 1: What happened? Wischbone is still alive?
Speaker 2: Right, what's this guy's deal? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Set right, I know, put me on a set and I'll just be with the dogs in the corner.
Speaker 2: The dogs are I feel like, always dead by the time I look it up.
Speaker 1: Don't say that you don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know by the time I look it up, which usually you know, I watch a lot of classic films, but yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Just feel I feel like they don't.
Speaker 2: Like Frasier dog was like gone way too soon?
Speaker 1: How dare you? You better shut your mouth, Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Wait, you thought he should have been dead sooner? Is that know?
Speaker 3: That dog is running out of a farm upstate somewhereledge the past.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotta gott together? Yeah, yeah, what what do I know? So you you don't look it up? I got it?
Speaker 3: What is Sometimes I text Jackies like a picture of a dog from a movie, and I'll be like, he's probably still alive, right, that happened in the seventies. No, And I'm like, we're breaking up?
Speaker 4: Fuck you?
Speaker 2: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay? Something this is so depressing.
Speaker 3: But something that I think is underrated is air quality, because I am so like, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: I miss?
Speaker 3: And also even before this, like I would travel first, stand up and I would go to the Pacific Northwest, and I would just the first thing I would do with when I stepped off the plane was just Inhale because the air is so crisp up there and there's so much greenery. It just feels so good. Sometimes you see a picture of like snow and you feel your lungs expand, and I'm like, I'm I miss I miss fresh air. I want it to be fresh soon again.
Speaker 2: You know, man, I hope it's never like, oh that that was a thing they used to have, is fresh air. But yeah, I'm definitely more aware, Like I'm I'm all up in the air quality apps. I'm seeing the little bubbles, the little numbers, the yourselfers. Yeah, we got some curifiers. Is that is that their contradictory?
Speaker 4: I will Yeah. So that's I feel like Apple has been lying to me because I'm like to say, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Air quality now, air now dot gov. I'm like, it's the government. They can't totally lie.
Speaker 3: There was there was like a PhD person on Twitter and it said PhD in her name, so I believe her. Believe women. And she said that it's like the air quality indexes in disease. If you will are not detecting some of the pollutants in the air, So the things that they're measuring aren't necessarily what is the ToxS in the air, because like right now, because of the wildfires, so we don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Right they're just kind of looking out the window being like, looks clear, I can see the Hollywood sign from here.
Speaker 3: So I think we get like windmill air purifiers science wow and.
Speaker 2: Makes them look like yeah, I don't know. I'm all about air quality maps and fire maps and really like a horrible way to become extremely familiar with the geography of Los Angeles. Oh yeah, like all the places that are like, oh, this is way further away than I thought.
Speaker 1: We're way too close or way closer than Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, I love that the air quality has like the range of colors, so you're like green good, smiley face red bad, no good red, like like and that's how like every everything, like every app is colored this way. So you're just like, Okay, I'm just not gonna need for numbers. I'm not gonna pay attention to it.
Speaker 1: This is this remains.
Speaker 4: They actually pushed a an update since then, and they have not fixed it. And I don't know what they would fix it to, but it's crazy that on the Watch Duty app red flag, which is not nothing but is basically nothing as far as warning is light pink, whereas moderate danger is yellow, and then immediate danger is darker pink.
Speaker 3: This is a UI issue that is okay, well, I haven't been paying attention to that.
Speaker 2: Are you pink aka in a dry somewhat windy area or are you darker pink, in which case you're on fire right now?
Speaker 4: You should stop. It's it's genuinely just pitching feminist.
Speaker 1: Yes, what are they going to name it fire? Helga? Like?
Speaker 3: What are they going to keep naming them natural disasters? After women?
Speaker 4: My pitch If anyone from watch Duty is listening, a cross hatch, a black and white cross hatch for red flag area.
Speaker 1: Wait, but how the overlay on the map would be messed up?
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, then like gray see.
Speaker 2: And this is why this is why we have these meetings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our weekly standing meeting on watch duty, the three of us.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, the two choices are crazy.
Speaker 4: It's so hard to read the map.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, whereas like every other map that I've encountered, Like Paul is saying the air quality maps all seem to get how this sort of thing should should operate, but it is. It's like fire is red and orange and yellow and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the hottest fire is blue.
Speaker 2: There I made it like the most dangerous one is light blue.
Speaker 4: Be like, god, damn it.
Speaker 1: I want them.
Speaker 3: I want them to add things to the map, like if there's like like weird radioactive stuff. I want to see like green goo on the map, like Nickelodeon's time. If they're yeah, let's see how this is like the citizen app for nature, you know what I mean, like arrest the fire to tackle the hurricane. You know, just what our new I think it's better for Okay, I do want to say we're probably gonna talk about this later, but I do think a lot of people are trying to like find arsonists because it's way easier to like go after an art like a single arsenist than like the entire system. So I think that this might be a fun way to distract then focus on the weather or like the natural disasters of it, man made natural disasters of it all.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just make the app more interactive. It's like ways where like people are like, oh, there's a cop in three miles, but it's a hurricane.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was some way to like catch the fossil fuel executives and the water company boarding executives like red handed, like they're.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like gamify planting trees, like plant trees up ahead for so many points.
Speaker 4: Actually, another one thing that was being gamified sort of was people looking for price gouging in LA rents. Yeah, that was very nice.
Speaker 2: So how are they gamifying that because they're going from everywhere, not gamify, but sort of digitally distributing responsibility.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so they're looking up If you go on zillow, you can look up different addresses and you can see like the price history of like the rentals or whatever, and then you can report them to the district attorney or for whatever area and tell them that they're price gouging during a natural disaster, which is illegal. And so people on like TikTok rip and other places are posting like their Excel spreadsheet of all of these landlords that are gonna hopefully get jail time.
Speaker 2: You're doing that, and when you report them, it makes like a really like a very satisfying noise it's like a change. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes like a little we're only motivated by the venmo tchange exactly.
Speaker 2: Like ah, like that's the sound of a uh it puts like a fire out on the app. Yeah, what, Paul, is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Okay I was.
Speaker 3: This is all fire related, and I'm so sorry, but it's understandable with the evacuations and everything. I always when I was younger, even just there's something in me that's like I don't want to own many things and I want to be able to put it all in my car and drive away if I need to, and like I kind of had to do that when I evacuated. And so I think, like what LA has shown people who like all these people who are donating their clothes, donating their items, is that other than like the sentimental stuff and the irreplaceable stuff, a lot of our like purchases are overrated. Like people are so willing to part with their clothes and with all of these things that people from the fires don't have. It kind of shows that like we don't really need everything we've bought, you know what I mean, We're willing to give it up to make other people's lives easier. Those things are replaceable, and the important things that we can't replace our each other. So I think that kind of I was like, oh, man, like I am packing up my car and it does fit in my car, like the stuff that I really need, you actually need that I need and love my dogs and you know, my sentimental stuff and whatever you know. Yeah, so I was kind of like, Okay, well, like this is devastating, but we're all like, we're we're going to figure out a way to help each other.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it definitely does something to your perspective where you're just like, I guess I just need this folder and then probably another pair of jeans, but like not definitely another pair of jeans, but yeah, probably like for the sake kids in the car Jack.
Speaker 6: Stand up about we think about it, there's too many jeans. We got too many jeans in jeans speaking of kids the jeans, am I right?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Anyway, yeah, yeah, I personally agree with that, but like, there's a lot of ship that I've realized I could just get rid of, and we're in the process of doing so.
Speaker 3: So wait, I did also see a gay couple break up with that sentiment exactly. There was like an Instagram couple that was like, well, we've been kind of headed in different directions and with the fact that our house burned down, we're really starting at news.
Speaker 1: So we're separating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, way to start clean, you know. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. And yeah, I mean we've spent a lot of the time talking about the wildfires, talking about just fucking misinformation. You know. There was the post that presented local news footage of black families attempting to save their household items and describe them as looters. That got debunked. But I mean, just thinking about what black families are going through right now in Altadena and just around Los Angeles with this heightened like the thing that people seem to really want to focus on at a time when we don't know what caused these fires at all, but we know what made them possible, which is climate change. But you know, they want to find looters, they want to find arsonists. Yeah, that's they want to find a bad guy that they can beat up, and like that specific that like Henry Winkler, the fawns, as we talked about in a previous episode came out and was like there's an arsonist in LA and then we I hope you get beat within an inchest like he got like real violent about the imaginary arsenist that somebody told him about. And Whitney Cummings, stand up comedian who's had a number of very questionable moments over the past years, has just like had a full break years over the past seems like she had full break said she says that people are pouring gasoline in the sewers for some reason, and also that had this video where she claimed that she was going arsonist hunting.
Speaker 7: So now that the biggest threat seems to be in addition to when arsonists that are just lighting fires.
Speaker 1: So we're going to go to some places where it happened what happening like the base.
Speaker 7: Of canyons and drive around based canyons.
Speaker 4: Why would it be at the base of kids?
Speaker 1: What's the plan if we find one? Where if you please take them before? Where is the beef? I mean, what else is the plan? What if you can't go look for something?
Speaker 8: And I have a plan of like once we find them, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: We're gonna I like that's just narrating our thoughts as well. It's trail heads, which is where Arsons.
Speaker 2: Seemed to be targeting, coming from.
Speaker 8: The key to the who is doing something so violent and so sick name that you know, there's really not much you can do besides kill them if that's not an option.
Speaker 1: If that was true, Crystalia would be dead.
Speaker 8: So crazy that they just are stunned and just rethink their entire plan. And if anyone can out crazy and arsenist who has a big.
Speaker 1: She's not wrong.
Speaker 4: Also, Anderson Cooper's up into Banga, like, is it gonna be awkward if we run into this?
Speaker 1: Anderson Cooper is That's why it's all.
Speaker 8: We're looking for shady people that could be arsenists anyway.
Speaker 3: And then I sent you the the tweet of her with the lesbian firefighter joke question mark that she said it's in the chat.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I can I just say it has become so clear in the last five years that nothing causes more brain damage than money, money and same.
Speaker 3: Really, so why I am looking for for them? I don't want to think anymore. Being socially responsible is it's it's hot, but it hurts my head. No, so give me all the money.
Speaker 2: Here's another tweet from her.
Speaker 7: All right, like everyone, I'm trying to figure out how this happened in California so that I don't say something that's inaccurate. I came across the video of the fire chief a lesbian.
Speaker 1: Love it great fatal lesbians try to be one. Didn't take.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm a lesbian.
Speaker 7: I just live in Los Angeles and the manner so effeminate that Honestly, at this point, dating a woman is like the straightest thing.
Speaker 4: You can do is yeah, that's a genius right there.
Speaker 3: Also, look at how tight her face is and she says she's never had plastic surgery.
Speaker 7: I think lesbians can be firefighters, don't find don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm not thinking about.
Speaker 7: Your genitals or your preferences when I need a hero, right, But is that not.
Speaker 1: Like, why is it okay? That'd be like a gay man, we need more gay men and here.
Speaker 7: That'd be like a me gone, we need more hot guys.
Speaker 1: In here to be firefighters. That would be like a dude, be like, we just need more hot blondes.
Speaker 7: Isn't that essentially just recruiting people in your dating pools.
Speaker 2: It's got five point six million views. This fucking sucks.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's Twitter, man, Twitter.
Speaker 2: This is Twitter's just gone. This is smart for it's been gone. But I think, like, what what is it that happens to them? They have a lot, so they start like getting paranoid and like trying to protect that. I feel like they start only hanging out with other people who have a lot, and probably people who've had a lot for longer than they have, and so are like kind of instituted in the like scaffolding of just right wing ideas, like rich person ideas.
Speaker 3: Also, they have like way too much time on their hands, but don't channel it into the right things. They're like okay, like conspiracy theories are easier than fighting like systemic issues, which are like the true conspiracy theories, you know, like spending my time chasing an arsonist into fire evacuated areas and making times harder or making this whole situation harder for like people actually fighting the fires is easier than me like doing actual work and like doing mutual aid or whatever, like they it is. It is a lot less risky for them to do these like individualistic acts than it is for them to connect to their community. Because at that point, when they connect to their community and they see that their lifestyle has like funded the issues or is contributing to this like disparity between social classes or whatever, that's when they have to like make actual changes in their life.
Speaker 1: And that's so much harder for them for their lifestyle.
Speaker 3: So it's way easier to just like blame lesbians and arsonists, yeah, than it is to go do the actual work.
Speaker 4: Well, it's also Hollywood has rotted people's brains into thinking there are individual villains for this, and there are, but they are not people on any They are not in a trail head.
Speaker 1: They all think they're bat They all think they're Batman. And this is Gotham, Like he's wild.
Speaker 2: Like watching her video where she's going out to battle the arsonists with swords, like it's just so evident that she's like built herself into this individualistic view of the world where like she is the protagonist of an action film and so like she needs to, like it's more important for her to believe that and that like therefore she deserves her success and you know, one hundred times as much money as like other people with her job than it is to just like you know, let in any drop of reality.
Speaker 3: I think she also thinks this is what happens to quirky bitches when you don't check them. Okay, if people get so quirky and people validate their like absurd cookiness. I'm talking about why bitches and they and they just like they just continue like violating boundaries, and people find it funny or like they you know, like overstep, like they get they get out of their lane, and people are like, oh, she's just being funny.
Speaker 1: It's just a joke. It's just quirky, quirky.
Speaker 3: Then they then that starts becoming the reality because like these could be jokes, but they're not, you know what I mean, Like they're almost it's you can see she's like she's laughing.
Speaker 2: At how funny, how crazy she is. So yes, it's just a joke. No, she's like going out and telling people she's fighting.
Speaker 3: On her giant platform quirky bitches need to be checked. Yeah, Okay, we're done. We're done with that.
Speaker 4: That's that's the thing that you and Trump agree on.
Speaker 3: Me and Trump, me and that queen were queening out together, Me and Trumps. Yeah, oh, god manic Pixie, dream sword girl.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, the Batman thing is like, if he actually wanted to help get rid of bad guys in Gotham City, he would dissolve his corporation and give that money equally to everyone, and it would do more than any number of fistfights he could have every night.
Speaker 2: But he, he and Albert would rather believe that some men just want to see the world burned.
Speaker 3: Albert, Albert Butler, listen, Batman's policy is bad. My fanship fandom for Batman. I'm like, I'm like military industrial complex brain. Okay, you cannot call him. Albert is Michael Caine.
Speaker 4: I like Albert, what a great idea for a Butler.
Speaker 3: Alfred's Alfred's brother, who is an underachiever. I wanted to go to art school but to kind of get a job at the brother Albert, Hey, hey, you want to blaze, bro.
Speaker 2: Some people just want to watch one of these burn But you know what I'm saying, But yeah, that that is I feel I feel like a lot of people have taken that line to heart. They're just like, you know, who's to blame for this thing that environmentalists and anybody who's been paying attention have been telling us is going to happen and is coming? Uh, just random people.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that de I and d I E have the same.
Speaker 2: That they're really trying to blame.
Speaker 4: I mean also though, even if you just want to blame the actual flame that started this, I would you know, no one knows definitely yet, but the historical likely hood it is it is a PG and E transformer of some kind. That's the power company in southern California, and all they are.
Speaker 1: Breathlessly and transformers. What do you mean? What are their pronouns?
Speaker 2: Yeah, respectful of you. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk TikTok and some other things.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back, and.
Speaker 2: We're back and TikTok going. It really looks like TikTok might be banned. Gen Z not happy.
Speaker 4: I've seen.
Speaker 2: It's a very serious dressing down of the US government. They seem that.
Speaker 1: They are reading the government to philth.
Speaker 2: And they are actually doing something, uh, the a massive act of rebellion. They're joining the actual Chinese version of TikTok, which is red.
Speaker 4: Note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like it's number one. It's the number one app the app Store today, which is pretty I saw it just defect, just straight up defect, just start working an intelligence for the Chinese government.
Speaker 3: I saw one TikTok that was like, hey, we're all going to go over to Red Note. And then I saw one Red Note of this dude, this American dude, who was like, hey, guys, I'm here by myself and I don't I'm never speaking in Mandarin and.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Okay bye, And then like the next day everybody joined, but he was like one of the pioneers.
Speaker 1: He was so scared, Mom, are you guys coming over? What's going on?
Speaker 3: But now everybody loves it because they're all making friends with all the Chinese users and it's really cute and really sweet, and they're subtitling their videos in both I believe, Mandarin and English, and so it's like everybody can understand each other and it's doing it's really undoing US propaganda against China, which is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Man. It is like, how much more evil could any country be than our own tech companies? Like what is the pitch here? Really?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, oh, we're supposed to be scared of foreign governments Like sorry, dudes, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the way to handle this situation.
Speaker 1: Red doge so corny.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I wonder if this will just I just don't think it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: I guess the move to red no.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, the banning like it's like, I you know, it's not there's it's too easy for people to get around it.
Speaker 2: So like so they just use like TikTok with a VPN. Is that essentially gonna be like the easiest way for people.
Speaker 4: I just think that, yeah, some ship like that is going to increasingly become it's just going to become an arms race and of like you know, because that's the whole thing with tech companies is like the only like actual advantage. They don't provide anything, but what they do is provide loopholes around existing legislation, which is the only reason they have value. Right, So yeah, we'll just do more of that. It's gonna be an endless fucking race to like whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: Right That sounds like life Andrews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an endless race to whatever whatever brought to you by the US government. Man, all right, I want to I want to talk about Matt Gates's o A n show, which is obviously.
Speaker 1: One who wants to talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's just he you know, we knew it was coming. I don't think anyone's watching.
Speaker 1: It, but I didn't even know it was the thing. Yeah, it's and I'm very young.
Speaker 2: It makes you gotta he's gotta have something, you know, because he can't just go.
Speaker 1: Away sixteen year old girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Something besides that to leave us with. So, you know, the editorial content not great. It's not great. You just blame dun How's people for the wildfires? It performance wise, people are saying he's constantly stumbling over the teleprompter.
Speaker 3: His facial features are slowly getting smaller, but his size is still saying this same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his eyes really are very small. They seem to be getting smaller. He does he did have a sponsor to launch with, and that is a Boca Routone pharmacy with easy access to ivermectin, which he notes has been helping so many people during COVID use Matt one zero to get ten percent off. I just I just want to play a quick snippet of the ad which was going a little viral. It's it's pretty wild that this is where we're at and also it does seem to be like I it feels like ivermectin is having making a bit of a comeback.
Speaker 4: I think you just haven't been watching the right news. I think it's been ever since they decided been here that was better than medicine. It's it's been their new states.
Speaker 1: Like this is like the rights ozembic.
Speaker 3: They're they're like, they're like diabatic people. Ozembic does do something, but like all of but ivermectin does too for animals. So like all of the diabetic people are like, stop buying ozembic, we like actually need it, and all the horses are like, please stop taking our ivermectin.
Speaker 2: Like here is Matt Gates talking about how ivermectin is making the waves.
Speaker 9: Medical freedom is important. You've probably heard about ivermectin. The medication has been making the waves for years and helping so many things. Let's be honest, finding a reliable source to get it that's not as easy as it should be. That's why I want to tell you about old family pharmacy.
Speaker 2: They're making it eighty buddy, it's not a it's not a race to get to the end of He's reading this like you know, and a kid will like read in school and just like it's a it's a race to get to the the fastest. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 9: Is made right here in the USA, not imported from India or China. It's high quality American nap.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm fucking offended? Is fine?
Speaker 4: Yes, First of all, it won't do any less than the American I remected right.
Speaker 3: Which does will let you ship your pants just as fast as the American.
Speaker 4: I know that at the margins, this is still going to cause obviously terrible suffering to some ignorant people that don't deserve it, and that it will fuck up our healthcare system with these people who should have, for instance, been getting actual medicine instead of doing ivermectin. However, there's kind of a big part of it. It's like fuck it, let them do this good. I'm glad that anyone who wants to financially support Matt gets takes fake medicine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I okay, But also, like how many times have our parents said dumb shit?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, at a certain age, parents are children again and you have to take care of them, and they're stubborn and they get misinformation and then you're like, but I don't want you to die of cancer because you're taking ivermectin.
Speaker 2: So that is the big that's the new claim, Like I do just want so I want to play another piece of Ivermectin buzz marketing that's come through, which is Mel Gibson out of his gourd on something could be that he's just out of his gourd on being Mel Gibson. But he was on the Joe Rogan podcast. This is one of another one of these videos like the Wayne Comings was just has like so many more views than you thought possible and he is, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so many more views than I thought possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So this is here we go.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you a good story.
Speaker 10: Okay, I have three friends.
Speaker 2: I just want you to watch his energy and then, in comparison, watch Joe Rogan's energy. Here.
Speaker 4: All three of them at stage four cancer.
Speaker 10: All three of them don't have cancer right now at all, and they had some serious stuff going on.
Speaker 4: And what did they take. Jesus, they took some what you've heard they've taken.
Speaker 10: I rem acting, yeah, yeah, I'm hearing that a lot. There's studies on there now where people have proven that they have drinking meThe blue and stuff like yeah, methylene money, which was a fabric dye. Yeah, yeah, it's a textile dye. And then they find out has profound effects on your mitochondria.
Speaker 4: Yep, profound effects.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of.
Speaker 10: Stuff that does work, which is very strange, because which is strange.
Speaker 4: Look, idiots, when.
Speaker 10: You when you hear about things that are demonized and then did turn out to be effective, you always wonder, well, what is going on here? How is how is our medical institutions? How have they failed us? Sew that things that do cure you are not promoted because they're not profitable.
Speaker 4: How I'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: One time I saw Jio Rogan at the comedy store and this was years ago, and I saw that on his I didn't know how much of an idiot he was, and I saw on his Instagram he was wearing those toe shoes, those like things for like running, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Shoes with toes in them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the shoes that have like that are basically like have no support and stuff. And I was like, hey, you might want to be careful with those, because, like I've heard, sometimes they can cause like nerve damage or like if you don't have the proper support or whatever. And he like rolled his fucking eyes at me and was like that's only if you're not wearing them right, and blah blah blah, and I walked away like humiliated, like, oh my god, Joe Rugan hates me, this famous guy.
Speaker 1: I'm a new comic. And now I'm like, thank god.
Speaker 3: That was his reaction to actual facts. Thank God, I'm on the right side of history.
Speaker 1: This man.
Speaker 3: It would be so fine if he had his podcast in a bubble with all the other idiots and then they didn't affect the real world, do you know what I mean? Like, let them be fucking stupid together, we give them a McDonald's playplace of ideas and then just contain them there. But his influence is insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyone he can influence is just the moron. I don't know, It's just I think we're just like depressed that there's so many right wing idiots out there. But there's a part of me that truly is like let them do it. Like I know, I know, and they shouldn't suffer, but but it is just like I'm not I'm not going to fight someone on if they think I've remectin cure's cancer, Like, what can you do? They are so repellent on so many levels, and they are choosing to fight you on real medicine, Like what the fuck can you what? Like, what the fuck really is your responsibility at this point? Like I'm just like, I kind of I'm like, yeah, they should all be doing it. Please don't don't don't go to hospitals. I mean, I know again it's not how that works. But the should open He's opened his own comedy club. Now he should open something that is the second most powerful thing, because obviously comedy's the most important thing. He is one of the fifty comedies comedians in the world that matter. As he said on his own show, Laugh was medicine. But now I've remet But now.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, I think he should open his own hospital. With mel Gibson, like his mannerism seem off right. I don't know, man, that's just what mel Gibson. I'm just I think I'm like having having a he he passed. But my white uncle who was like a right wing dickhead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, every time he thought he was giving you a little something to like stick it to the libs. That's exactly how he talked.
Speaker 2: That's how he got He just got like so like, I just think.
Speaker 4: That's what they're like, man, yeah, man, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I just I'm like, it's so weird because we feel like people always tell us like oh, like I get told by people in my family and stuff that I'm in like an La bubble echo chamber, and it's like, Okay, there's like eighteen million people here, but.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm in an echo chamber.
Speaker 3: But like watching them talk to each other and their mannerisms and they never they never question each other, they never call each other after like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the worst fucking improv team I've ever seen my whole list.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean it's also like, in what way is an echo chamber? Like I know everything that these people have to say, and I don't. I'm actively trying to avoid it, like I yeah, it's it's not like I need to hear this more than like a couple times every other week, honestly, right, Like I yeah, oh shit, Oh they believe the dumbest shit that they've believed for the last five years, and they're super like racist and homophone can transphobi Yeah, oh cool.
Speaker 1: I think I think also like just your echo chamber.
Speaker 3: I think also part of it, a part of the thing that I feel like we need to do more is because I feel like they really want to get a rise out of us, and that's like funny to them, because like we care about people, and so they will often get a rise out of us because we're like, hey, the stakes are much higher than what you're saying. We can't all just get along if you're like affecting people's health and taking away rights. But I think, like when when Kamala's campaign did the whole like you guys are fucking weird thing that really like did deflate them. So I think if like if you do ever see Joe Rogan, like he's constantly or like Dave Chappelle about trans people, like they're constantly surrounded by like yes men, they're constantly surrounded by people that are telling them like thank you for saying that, Like that is so smart. You were so smart. So if you're just like a like I was like, if I see him, I just want to be like you're a fucking idiot, dude, Like you're so stupid, Like you're an ape like into Joe Rogan because he always like pretendsius but he like literally is like weird, dumb as fuck.
Speaker 2: You the elfin Graveyard episode of just analyzing Joe Rogan's stand up special, Did you guys see that?
Speaker 1: No, there's no way I would not.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good. I mean because it's just like it uses material from his past specials and from his show where he's like talking about how good the stand up special is going to be, and then the special like Burn the Boats is just yeah, so bad. It's like not it's just him going up and like repeating talking points from the podcast.
Speaker 4: Lazy I One thing I will say not to turn the right wing goons against each other. But the single thing that Joe Rogan is good at is debunking bad martial arts advice. Yeah, and I do I want him to to to talk up to Whitney Cummings about her sword technique.
Speaker 1: That's so funny he is.
Speaker 4: That's the thing that makes the dumbest assholes on earth think he's smart. Is he is genuinely good when he's like.
Speaker 2: He knows you know, he's like a commentator. He does the stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a mixed martial asshole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's so weird because he's definitely not wrong about that stuff, and then everything. I mean, it's like every one of these dickheads they're good in exactly one domain and think that means their genius is everywhere. Yeah, and it's like Aristyle, Yeah, yes, did you Aristotle?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, speaking of that very thing, did you? This is a side note, but did you guys see Bill Maher's special trailer?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: It looks so bad.
Speaker 3: It's like I watched this, but I was like, it looks like a fake trailer out of thirty Rock. Like, so I'm like, who thinks oh comedy and he thinks this is good?
Speaker 2: Yes, his only stand that's his only punchline. Now, Oh okay, who are these idiots?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: So many that these people will never doubt themselves like normal human beings, do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I just want.
Speaker 1: To destroy their belief system.
Speaker 2: Paul, what a pleasure having you on the podcast. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: I am at Paula Vegan Alan p A L l A B I g U n A l A N follow me everywhere I might go to red No.
Speaker 1: Please don't take my handle yet. Oh my god, please don't take my handle.
Speaker 3: Maybe cut that out, you go go, But I don't know if I want to download it yet, but please don't take my handle in okay. And then I am doing a show. I'm doing multiple shows at Sketch Fest. I'm doing Facial Recognition Comedy on the twenty fifth at night. That's the show that I'm co producing and we hope people are going to be there. A partner is going to be on this show. Show it's gonna be really awesome. And then I'm also doing Comedian Clash the same day, which is the show that Jacquist does his game show. Please go to Mutual Aid l A and look up on their spreadsheet of the wildfire resources and how to help. Please distribute the masks out of Andrew's car trunk and help people and love people and show for each other, and stop hunting arsenists in the in the trailheads of La.
Speaker 4: Also, the arsonists are in almost certainly a boardroom somewhere. Yes, they are not on.
Speaker 2: The decision they made three months or decades ago.
Speaker 3: That Whinny Cummings pops up in a boardroom dressed like kill Bill.
Speaker 4: Listen if Winnie Cummings does at Luigi MANGIONI like, yeah, she can win it back. She can win it back allegedly. I don't know whatever I need to say to legally insulate me from whatever what I just said, don't do. That's the title, Don't Murder people.
Speaker 2: Paul, is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: I am still obsessed with the fires and everything that's happening. Hassanabi Hassan, thehun Hassan Piker on Twitch and the YouTube and all of the things. I'm sure this audience knows him. He did a really great interview with the incarcerated firefighters.
Speaker 1: It's on his YouTube. It's about an hour.
Speaker 3: It really gives an insight into their experience, the things they need. They hadn't showered for like five days by the time, and while they were fighting the fires. By the time they got showers that were donated from Coachella, I think, but and people didn't want them using the same bathrooms while they were fighting the fires. Their pay is awful, but there are people and seeing them be humanized in that way and spoken to directly, and having them be able to speak directly to camera.
Speaker 1: I think was good journalism.
Speaker 3: So even if you don't like Hassan, because I know some people don't, but whatever, that interview is really great because it does allow them to speak directly to camera and talk about their experiences.
Speaker 1: I suggest you go watch it.
Speaker 2: That's on the New York Times. You said, oh no, I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah no, they would never andrew T. What a pleasure having you? Where can people find you? Is there work the media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Just you know, andrew T, I guess on blue sky fucking The answer is truly no. The only media I've been looking at is either a discord channel or multiple signal groups.
Speaker 3: It has replaced me on media, your signal groups, sure it has.
Speaker 4: It has replaced truly my social media in a good and bad way. So I don't I kind of don't really know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Tell us something funny. Someone said on the signal that they didn't want anyone anyone to know about.
Speaker 4: Yeah you pot, I will say, off of this, I don't know. I mean, one thing I will say is for anyone listening nationally or internationally outside of this area, we the sense I'm getting and actually typical for a lot of disasters is people feel like they want to do a thing, and often times, especially if you're from out of state, the thing that is most portable and flexible is Unfortunately, money. I know, it feels like kind of gross or weird to just be like, here's whatever money, as opposed to like here's a bunch of sucks. But like, unless unless you have like some insight or some like it, some specific ability to fill a need, almost always the answer is money, which is I know it's not emotionally satisfying.
Speaker 2: I know how they're gonna spell it. How do I know how they're going to spend it.
Speaker 1: I want to they spend it. Spell it with a dollar sign instead of regular money.
Speaker 2: Money I need. I need some means testing for mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also you know, depending on drugs instead.
Speaker 4: Of me depending on depending on how things go this week, there's also just going to be like less enthusiasm. You know, if if the fires are perceived to be burning down or burning out or under control, we're we're just gonna be like something. California, LA is going to be in a long period of need. And you know, it's this thing where like even just like on I you know, I don't have full information, but just from what I'm seeing, like we're really switching from a phase of like let's gather, collate, sort, package resources into like, okay, we need to like think about storage, we need to think about like logistics. Like we're in the kind of boring stage I guess of a crisis, so like it's important, but also I don't know, I'm saying a bunch of different things, but like send money and we're still going to need need, we still will have it for quite some time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jack Keith is collecting on his Instagram at jackies Neil j c q U I s n e AL. He went to a to drop off donations and they said that a major thing that people need is money, like you said, and so people can be doing that in the gift in the form of gift cards, like for food and for whatever, so that they can buy their own stuff. But you know, it gives people, I guess, something to give. Yeah, So he's collecting money for gift cards and over the next couple days to get people to be able to buy their own groceries and things that they need.
Speaker 4: In that same vein, I think it's like that flexibility helps so much, because it's like even when there's one need, like word goes out and then it gets filled and then there's too much, but then there's like a deficiency somewhere else and.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Anyway, sorry, that's the only media I've been looking at.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can link off to some of those resources in the.
Speaker 1: Foot from his signal chat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That that link will be called top secret signal link.
Speaker 4: They're not really secret, I don't think.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see what one work media I've been enjoying. Julia Claire Oh, Julia tweets wrote finally watching season one of Severn's and I'm loving being part of the community, and then screencapped something from Reddit from somebody named Hello Reddit NBA who tweeted, hell you R should have pooped her pants at the end of every day before getting in the elevator. This would have sent a clear message to aldi helly, who would have who? And who could ever and who could ever keep going to work every single day knowing a moment later they'd be standing in it and then it cuts off. But it's actually a really good note. It is what you should do in that situation. You would just pove your pants right before you walked out of the elevator.
Speaker 1: I like that she.
Speaker 3: Like spoiler spoiler for season one, but she like literally tried to kill herself and people are like, no shitting your pants, just.
Speaker 2: A great everything, Like daily every single day you wake up covered in ship standing in a pile of shit. All right. You can find me on Twitter at jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at jack Obie the Number one. We'll be linking off to the lightsaber fundraiser from my family and a bunch of gofundmes in the footnotes, But you can find us on Daily Zeitgeist where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fan page on a website Daily zeikeist dot com. You can go to the episode wherever you're listening to this, check out the description, and there you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so this song sounds like if you took a drill rapper from South London and dropped them in the middle of like the nineties Bay Area. This is like a mac Dre style track with a UK artist, suspect OTB, and it's a really fun mashup of styles. So this track is called No Gimmicks by Suspect OTB and you can find that song in the footnotes.
Speaker 2: Footnotes all right, we will link off to that. The Daily Zeitgeis is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 6: Bye bye boy, Bye wa