Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: Good morning, I'm Nathan Hager and I'm Karen Moscow. Here are the stories we're following today.
Speaker 3: Karen, we begin with entertainment and the announcement from the Walt Disney Company that ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live will be back on air tonight. The show was suspended last week after comments from the late night host about the assassination of conservative activist Charlie Kirk. Two station owners, Next Star and Sinclair, said they would preempt Kimmel indefinitely. Sinclair says it plans to keep airing news programming instead of Kimmel's show while it continues talks with ABC. Bloomberg's Chris Paul Mary says questions remain about Kimmel's future.
Speaker 4: There have been discussions at the highest level, we understand from Disney CEO Bob Iger and Dana Walden, the head of TV, directly with Jimmy Kimmel himself, over what the future would hold. Right now, we don't know how any details in terms of what he's going to say say on Tuesday, but part of that has you know, there have been calls from some of the station owners for him to apologize to Charlie Kurk's family even make a donation.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg's Chris Paul Mary says. Disney contends it had thoughtful conversations with Kimmel. Sources say the host will address the controversy when he takes the stage tonight. Jimmy Kimmel's contract with Disney expires next May.
Speaker 2: Well Nathan we turned to Washington now that Trump administration is advising pregnant women to avoid taking thailand All, citing fears over autism, and Bloomberg's Amy Morris has more from the nation's capital.
Speaker 5: The FDA recommends pregnant women talk to their doctors about any risks of taking thailand All during their pregnancy. President Trump a.
Speaker 6: Ceda minifin, which is basically commonly known as tayland All during pregnancy can be associated with a very increased risk of autism.
Speaker 5: Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior promised earlier this year to determine the cause of autism by September. That baffled brain experts, who say there is no single cause and that the rhetoric appears to ignore decades of science into the genetic and environmental factors that can play a role in Washington. Amy Morris, Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, Amy, thank you. President Trump is now in New York for the United Nations General Assembly. He'll deliver the first address of his second term to the annual gathering of world leaders this morning. He has a raft of meetings with world leaders, including UN Secretary General Antonio Guterrez. The White House announced earlier this month that it would use this year's General Assembly to push other countries to adopt more restrictions on asylum. The President is also expected to touch on Israel's war in Gaza. Several nations have recognized a Palestinian state at this conference and Nathan.
Speaker 2: As global leaders flow into New York this week, some countries could look to upgrade their airline fleets. Transactions involving Boeing are by now a common feature of President Trump's visits with foreign leaders. Several countries, including Turkey and Morocco in Indonesia, are considering or have announced orders for Boeing aircrafts. Through August, the planemaker had secured at seven hundred and twenty five aircraft sales versus six hundred for Airbus, putting Boeing on track to outperform as European rival for the first full year since twenty twenty one, and looking at Boeing shares this morning up about one point nine percent.
Speaker 3: Also watching a couple of AI giants, Karen and Nvidia plans to invest one hundred billion dollars in open Ai, a deal that underlines booming demand for artificial intelligence tools like chat, GPT.
Speaker 7: In Vidia CEO.
Speaker 3: Jensen Wong discussed the partnership on CNBC.
Speaker 8: There's never been an engineering project, a technical project of this complexity in this scale ever, and it really just says that AI was in the early adopter phase in the labs and finally it's breaking out into just about every single industry, every single use case we can imagine.
Speaker 3: Man, alongside Jensen Wog, Open Ai CEO Sam Altman, said it's critical to their goals.
Speaker 9: Now that we really see what's on the near term horizon of how good the models are getting, the new use cases that are being enabled, what people want to do. This is like the fuel that we need to drive improvement, to drive better models, to drive revenue everything.
Speaker 3: Sam Altman and Jensen Wong spoke on CNBC to mark the deal. It is the latest and largest in a string of investments by Nvidia. This tie up will fund new data centers and infrastructure equipped with in Vidia's advanced chips.
Speaker 2: Let's check the economy now, Nathan, and we heard from Fed Governor Stephen Myron yesterday. In his first policy speech since joining the Central Bank, Myron says interest rate should be much lower to avoid economic damage. His view on rates aligns with President Trump, but he told Bloomberg Saleha Mosen, He's not directly influenced by the President.
Speaker 10: He's never asked me to set policy in a specific way. So Amyery never asked me. It's never happened. I knew my job as trying to provoke an interesting discussion that will help that will help the FMC arrive at and arrive at clear understandings of what the economy works and where Monterey Polis should be set.
Speaker 2: And speaking at the Economic Club of New York, Fed Governor Stephen Myron also argued that the neutral raid has been pushed lower by tariffs, immigration restrictions, and tax policy.
Speaker 3: And back in Washington, Karen Bloomberg News has learned Congressional Democrats planned to meet with President Trump this week to discuss ways to keep the government operating. As an October first shut down deadline draws closer, sources tell us the meeting will happen on Thursday. A White House spokesperson has declined to comment. President Trump has said he thinks a shutdown is likely, but is willing to meet Democrats.
Speaker 2: We lover ses Nathan. Hong Kong issued its third highest storm warning as super typhoon Regasa tracks toward the area. The typhoon's packing sustain wins of one hundred and thirty seven miles per hour, according to the local weather agency. That's equivalent to a Category four hurricane. Ragasa has caused major flight disruptions and suspension of school classes and business activities across southern China after skirting northern Philippines.
Speaker 3: Finally, Karen Argentina has received a commitment from Treasury Secretary Scott Bess, and he's pledging to provide all options for stabilization to President Javier Malay to keep the country from falling back into crisis. Leaders are rushing to contain a massive selloff in Argentina's financial markets ahead of midterm elections next month. Options for stabilization include currency swap lines, direct currency repurchases and US dollar denominated debt from the Treasury's Exchange Stabilization Fund. The announcement from Treasury Secretary Bess And calmed investors and prompted a rebound in Argentina's assets after the central bank in the country burned through more than a billion dollars in foreign reserves.
Speaker 2: It is time now for a look at some of the other stories making news in New York and around the world, and for that were joined by Bloomberg's Michael Barr Michael, good Morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning Karen. The White House stands behind Borders are Tom Homan following reports that he had accepted fifty thousand dollars from undercover agents posing as business people during an undercover FBI operation last year. It led to a briber investigation that was said to be shut down by the Trump administration Justice Department. At the White House press briefing, Press Secretary Caroline Lovitt denied the allegations.
Speaker 12: The White House and the President stand by Tom Holman one hundred percent because he did absolutely nothing wrong and he is a brave public servant who has done a phenomenal job in helping the President shut down.
Speaker 11: The border spokesperson love It characterized Homan's encounter with the undercover agents as an effort by the Biden administration to entrap one of the president's stop allies and supporters. The Supreme Court says it will review a ninety year old ruling that restricts a president from firing members of the Federal Trade Commission. The case could have major ramifications for presidential power over what have traditionally been considered independent agencies. For now, the Supreme Court's as the President can move forward with the firing of Rebecca Slutter, a Democratic member of the FTC first appointed in twenty eighteen. The Court's three liberal justices opposed it. Arguments on that are expected in December. Out today, US News and World Report's Best Colleges list. Lamont Jones is managing editor for Education.
Speaker 7: Number one is Princeton and the twenty twenty six edition. Number two is MIT, followed by Harvard, F three, and then a tie at four between Stanford and Yale.
Speaker 11: Lamont Jones says, while US News will be watching for how the Trump administration's funding cuts affect the list next year, the data for this year's list predates those announcements. Global News twenty four hours a day and whenever you want it with Bloomberg News Now Michael Barr and this is Bloomberg Karon.
Speaker 2: Thanks Michael. Time now for our Bloomberg Sports update, and for that we bring in John Stashauer.
Speaker 13: Thanks Jarn. Good money out of the dabwek Lyons and Ravens in Baltimore tight at seven and fourteen, then twenty one, and then Detroit pulled away and won thirty eight to thirty. David Montgomery one hundred and fifty one rushing yards. He had two touchdowns, so the Jamir Gibbs Lamar Jackson threw three touchdown passes in defeat, but he got sacked seven times, so the Lions won. Now, let's see what the Tigers do. They had a twelve game lead on the Guardians in late August. The Guardians with a ten game winning straight. They're not only one game out. They host the Tigers tonight. That's a Bloomberg Sports update.
Speaker 2: Stay with us. More from Bloomberg Day Break coming up after this.
Speaker 1: Coast to coast on Bloomberg Radio, nationwide on Sirius XM, and around the world on Bloomberg dot Com and the Bloomberg Business app. This is Bloomberg Daybreak.
Speaker 3: I want to give more now and some of the top stories we're covering this morning, including Walt Disney's announcement that Jimmy Kimmel Live will be live once again tonight. Joining us now is Bloomberg's Jill Desa and Jill. Of course, we saw some of the backlash surrounding Disney's decision to pull the show after there was some pressure from the FCC. What's Disney saying about what's got it to this place?
Speaker 14: Good morning, Yes, Good morning, Nathan. So what Disney said in the aftermath of all of this is, you know, now obviously Jimmy Kimmel is preparing to return to air, is that they made this decision to suspend production on the show quote to avoid further inflaming a tense situation at an emotional moment for our country. That's the quote from Disney that they put out on Monday. This, of course, relates to some comments that Jimmy Kimmel made on a show recently that were about the killing of the conservative activist Charlie Kirk. That's really kind of become a really severe political flashpoint within the United States. Pulling that show after several of these large broadcasters pulled that show. What we understand now is that Jimmy Kimmel actually talk personally with Disney CEO Bob Iger about his return. He will be returning to the air tonight, but it doesn't necessarily mean that every single broadcaster is automatically following suit Sinclaire. Actually, I think, as we've been discussing, that's the largest owner of ABCTV stations has said that it will continue to preance Kimball's show. So again, this continues to be a developing story. But we'll see how Jimmy Kimmel actually plans on addressing this when he returns to the air tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll certainly be a big development once we hear that latest monologue, following what we heard the last of what we heard from Jimmy Kimmel last week. Of course, some of the other big news this morning is the announcement from the Trump administration linking tail and all to autism and pretty strong terms from President Trump, even stronger terms maybe than his own government.
Speaker 14: Yes, I think this was really really significant development obviously out of the Trump administration, where you did have Donald Trump saying himself that Tyler on all is quote not good. So he was giving this recommendation. He's saying about limiting or recommending that women limit the use of thailanol. This has obviously caused quite a bit of controversy, particularly within the medical community. There have been attempts to think that we've been discussing for years now to potentially link autism to thailanol, a set of medicine that's the ingredient in thailanal or other you know sort of causes. There's not really any sort of clear cause for the development of autism. And while we've seen, you know, there's one study that potentially, you know, sort of created a correlation there, there's really no clear causation there. So this has actually been met with some pretty strong condemnation from the medical community. I think, you know, one of the really key things to keep in mind when you're looking at this particular announcement from the Trump administration is that a lot of scientists are warning that if fevers are untreated, so if women aren't taking something like a tailanol or something else that can can sort of alleviate that particular symptom, that could actually expose women in their babies to greater risks. So I think, you know, it's really important to really kind of clarify that this is something that's been met with a lot of condinations from scientists.
Speaker 2: This is Bloomberg Daybreak, your morning podcast on the stories making news from Wall Street to Washington and beyond.
Speaker 3: Look for us on your podcast feed by six am Eastern each morning, on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere else you listen.
Speaker 2: You can also listen live each morning starting at five am Wall Street Time on Bloomberg eleven three to zero in New York, Bloomberg in ninety nine to one in Washington, Bloomberg ninety two nine in Boston, and nationwide on serious XM Channel one twenty one.
Speaker 3: Plus listen coast to coast on the Bloomberg Business app now with Apple CarPlay and Android Atuto interfaces.
Speaker 2: And don't forget to subscribe to Bloomberg News Now. It's the latest news whenever you want it in five minutes or less. Search Bloomberg News Now and your favorite podcast platform to stay informed all day long. I'm Karen Moscow.
Speaker 3: And I'm Nathan Hager. Join us again tomorrow morning for all the news you need to start your day right here on Bloomberg day Break