Speaker 1: Welcome back to a very special bonus episode, a fut around and find out. We have a super social guest today, one that a lot of you have been begging to get on the pipe. Today we have the Geico Gecko joining us. I've gotten to know the Gecko a little bit, so I'm super excited for all of our listeners to get to know you as well.
Speaker 2: Get go.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Hey, Asy, how are you? Hey Shanty? Can you guys hear him? Is this? Mike con is this? And can you see me? Because sometimes I'm a little bit low in framing these things. But you're agree all right? All right? If we go?
Speaker 4: You and Asy have known each other for a little bit. How did this all start.
Speaker 3: I'm a massive fan of basketball always I've been. I've been following Asy for quite a while. And then Geico announced the partnership with you, Asy, which I was like really super excited about. We've got to hang out on the set and we had the Geico commercial team behind you, which was great fun. And then we got into the tournament and listen as I've watched every game and there we are on the podcast. So yeah, listen, I'm super I'm super happy to be here.
Speaker 1: You're famous, like you really are, But I want to dig in a little more to know who the real g go is. So I think we should start with some basics. Yeah, what's your actual name? We're calling you mister Gocko.
Speaker 2: What's your real name?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: No, you ain't got call me mister Gecko probably the gecko or Gecko. No.
Speaker 1: So when you're out on the street, do you get recognized a lot?
Speaker 3: It took me a little bit of time to get used to, if I'm honest, Like so many people come up to me where their phone's out and ask me out how much can I save? Can I use the phone to get a quote? And I'm like, yeah, yeah, it's eazypasy. I love helping people. Chip Is always make them take the selfie. In fact, I have to because I've got really short arms.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Harby?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a tough one. I'm so busy all the time, Like you know, it's full of pardon me, but you could save this or you know, you get great service that you know, there's not a lot of extra time for tinkling the ivories or you know, pickleball or whatever.
Speaker 2: What kind of music are you into?
Speaker 3: So I always used to want to play a jazz sexophone, but my arms wouldn't reach, so I've got to stick to your djail. What sort of music do you like?
Speaker 1: I love R and B me too, I like all music, but I would love to hear you DJ one day, maybe next time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to come down.
Speaker 2: Can't wait. I'm definitely coming.
Speaker 1: So if you had your own podcast, what would it be called and what would it be about?
Speaker 3: Wow? My own podcast? Right? Well, I am rather qualified to talk about one thing, so it could be called at your service or claims to fame or my brain. My brain's gating a mile a Minute's let's let's just see how this one goes.
Speaker 1: First, curious to know what your favorite food is.
Speaker 3: MY favorite food probably probably shrimp in a creamy pisto sauce over angel here beautiful.
Speaker 4: If you had a pet, what basketball player would you name them after?
Speaker 3: Sadly a chanty. I'm allergic to pets. It gives me the sneezes to our pets.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I get you a hypoallergenic one.
Speaker 1: What's your star sign?
Speaker 3: Virgo? Maybe that's why I'm such a perfectionist. I don't know. Let me guess yours? Asy, Can I try and guess yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 3: Right, So you're intensely passionate and you're about basketball. Mm hmm sounds like a scorpio.
Speaker 2: I am a scorpio. Scorpio.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, you're good. Okay, So what's a fun fact about you that most people don't know about.
Speaker 3: I've never had lasagna. Interesting said it. I've never said that in public before.
Speaker 2: But yeah, is there a reason?
Speaker 3: No, I'm open to it. It's just never come up.
Speaker 1: What are other projects that you're working on right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm always on the Telly in various Guico commercials. You can follow me on social media. You can like, comment, subscribe, you can hashtag. Do people still hashtag? I'm not sure it's the hashtag.
Speaker 2: I like the hashtag? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a couple of questions?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: Definitely, I need some fashion tips.
Speaker 2: I would love to see you with some hair. Hair's crazy, but.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Maybe some pink right, like, it's a little pink week.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to play a little game? Yeah? Yeah, it's called overrated, underrated. Driving on the right side of the road.
Speaker 2: Is this a truck? Question.
Speaker 3: I think it's overrated.
Speaker 4: I'm a passenger princess, so I'm gonna say underrated.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say underrated because I would think I would be so confused on the left side of the road.
Speaker 2: Gunny shots underrated, I'll go underrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like they're underrated.
Speaker 2: Fish and chips underrated. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I would also say underrated. There are some bad ones that are overrated, but good fish and chips. Good fish and chips is delicious.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you said that. Easy. I thought we were gonna have our first little falling out there.
Speaker 2: Oversized hoodies, underrated, underrated, love them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, all hoodies are oversized as far as I'mkerson. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So to close it out, we have our what the Fud of the Week where we share something that happened this past week that made us say, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Geck go? Do you ever what the food to share?
Speaker 3: I do have a what the fud? I saw a UFO what Yeah, it was a what the fud moment. I took a picture of the sunset, and I could have sworn there was like an alien spaceship in the sky, But now it was just a little smudge from lunch that was on my on my camera.
Speaker 1: The shrimp pastal pastor must have been good. My what the fudd is having you on fud Around and find Out?
Speaker 3: Absolutely this is the first ever podcast I've ever been on them, and I've enjoyed every second of it.
Speaker 1: Guys, We're honored, Gecko. Thank you so much for your time today. It was an honor to have you and an honor just share your first podcast.
Speaker 2: This was incredible.
Speaker 3: Thank you Azy.
Speaker 1: That is all for today's episode of fut Around and find Out. Don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, and we'll be back next week.
Speaker 3: I do want to look at this. Sorry, yeah, touch it so crazy? Lovely Hi