Speaker 1: There's no better way to meet your neighbors than a car crash out in front of your house, because Hi, Hi, I'm the neighbor.
Speaker 2: I live next door. Hi, I've never met you before.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Hi Dolphin, Hey, Hey, little cutie. Week seven Sister Sure is already already and we were discussing this. I'm at the point where all the organization I did leading up to the season in terms of everything's having their own little bag, including the cute one you got me for my personal items, It's all just exploded.
Speaker 2: I now.
Speaker 1: I was showing Jarrett last night as I'm sitting down on the floor Indian style watching a car chase in La I am now at the point where I'm getting the gum that's still in the wrapper but for some reason has like disintegrated and gotten all over everything, and now I have white, sticky gum on it all.
Speaker 2: How can we carry gum in our.
Speaker 1: Backpack or that time we have a lot of coffee breath talking to an athlete or a coach and don't want to stink, and it's not over all over our shit. Because even when you get the little packs that are closed and they're the little hard gums.
Speaker 2: It still doesn't.
Speaker 1: Because in the moment, all you care about is getting that gum. You don't care if you ruin anything to get the gum quickly. Those little ice breakers, though, are the best ones. But then now they're shaking around and they're taking it around. Now is that max toy in the bottom of the bag as you're running. No, it's not, it's just my icebreaker's gum.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There there's a bunch of different like I always just go with the Altoyds.
Speaker 2: I'm going into the old school. Can worse? Why they just do? They make it worse.
Speaker 1: And then because you've got the layer then on your tongue and your breath is like you.
Speaker 2: Still love those layer in strips? Are you out on the bottom?
Speaker 1: But I always got to have got anyway, things are all over the place in my bag. I got electro lights here, i got nasal wash here, I've got lips in here. I've gotten so many things happening. I've got cords, I've got my organization has went to half shit. I guess I'm still trying. I'm still making the problem with me is that I switched the travel bag because I'm the person that switches the travel bag based on the outfit, because I'm that person where I'm like, if I'm wearing a certain color, then i want that bag to match, because I'm carrying that bag out to the field.
Speaker 2: Are you still using a backpack? A fucking lutely.
Speaker 1: I hate that backpack. I like, I don't have you guys. She carries like she's first of all. That is the most certain thing I've ever heard, Aaron. I have been to your house. You have a million nice bags. I don't have nice bags to take out on the field. I just have a shitty to me.
Speaker 2: And it's not a shitty to me. To me, there's nothing shitty about to me.
Speaker 1: I would like for the record, New York Post, there's nothing shitty about to me. It's old, it's several years old, it's got. I'm on it, it's got whatever. I love a backpack, I intay sophisticated.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not even about sophistical.
Speaker 1: Landa what's your name from devil wors produ would be disgusted with me. Okay, here's the thing, this is not an indictment on backpacks. Okay, backpacks are great for a time and place. I had the same conversation with Steve, and I had the same conversation with my boss, Jared from Amazon, who was using an old school free Spectrum bag that he had when he used to be the boss for Fox Sports West. Okay, I got Aaron Rodgers coming into the stadium in a full gorgeous suit with a backpack. Correct, you are wearing an outfit that's a mortgage and yet you're like, this is Muffrey Backpacksack.
Speaker 2: No, I we got to elevate. No, you can.
Speaker 1: I need to care If the bag is like a twenty dollars back from Amazon, it just can't be a backpack. We've got to have something change here with that. But again, I could just shut up because if it works for you, it works for you. It just doesn't It looks like you're carrying one of the boys bags. Well, yeah, I look like Aaron walking into Met Life with his outfit. And now the headline is going to be Aaron Andrews crushes Aaron Rodgers. Look, No, he looks great. We got it us weekly. As long as I be using a great picture, go for it. I will tell you what I love about Aaron because I'm the same way because these these air pods I lose.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: I fall asleep on the airplane. Now we're digging in the seat. We're trying to find the second one. I can't find it. I like the old school headphones and he rocks those still the.
Speaker 2: Ones with the cord on it. I do appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I think everyone in week six what we're talking about Davante Adams is now a New York jet, but we're talking about backpoor backpack.
Speaker 2: This is my other thing.
Speaker 1: With the backpack, there's so many different compartments I can put all my shit in. If you have a big bag, then I got to Then I gotta have little bags for my bag, and I don't want to. Okay, yeah, but guess what. Here's the other thing. I had this whole conversation with al Michael's on the plane, who got a new bag? It's like, so many has so many compartments, and he goes, there's so many compartments. I can't find anything that's in here. We're digging in the first one, it's not there. We're digging the second. What's behind door number three, door number four? No, just get one Mary Poppin's bag. Get a couple little bags in there, and then you're like, Okay, this is for my pens, this is from my makeup, this is for my gum.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is. You and I are going to have an organization.
Speaker 1: All I'm gonna I'm gonna get a nice bag for this week. Jared's gonna be like.
Speaker 2: You got so many bags? Now, what happened to the to me? To me or not to me? That is the question.
Speaker 1: My to me luggage. I am obsessed with that. I'm not just trying to make this an ad. I don't know what I would do without that bag. The amount of dogs I would like. The backpack okay, the backpack is out. The amount of stuff I am able to put in my luggage. You know, I never check a bag. It is actually one of my greatest schedule do I. You and I are like, we're not checking any God, you could send me to the cover the Olympics for a month and I'd have a carry on. Okay, I'm able to get in there, roll in the stuff. I'm an expert. Although have you seen that infomercial where they had the like the pop up thing. It says like you can stack all of your clothes like ten days worth in here and then it folds down. I don't know if that works. I got to try it out. My on cloud running shoes are taking up half of my back on cloud dine. All right, it is week six or seven, week seven, and wow, we've we've got so many things happening. You had Lions, Cowboys, I had Niners, Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Or Fitzpatrick, loss's voice or baby.
Speaker 1: And usually it's because we're like all having way too much fun. He just lost his voice. He like it started to go. I'll tell you how it went. Here's a shout out to Kathy Thompson, my mother. My mother is obsessed with all of these boys and she gets her once a year fixed where she sees them. So Kathy comes Waltzon in the lobby, you know, of the hotel that we all love, the four season set.
Speaker 2: So the best. And it was the perfect week.
Speaker 1: A couple of days in Seattle because the weather just has started to turn.
Speaker 2: It's a little cold.
Speaker 1: You get to put on the comfy cozy jacket, but it's not pretty cold. It's not raining. Didn't like my outfit. It's fine. I didn't know it was. It was a recycle, and I wasn't prepared, and I just I got cocky, thinking like, oh, yeah, this is going to work.
Speaker 2: And I didn't try it on.
Speaker 1: I didn't try it on before and I got there and I was like, oh, frump oh. I thought, anyway, Kathy is chatty chatty, chatty, chatty, chatty chatty Kathy with all the boys, and all of a sudden, I looked at Ryan and I go, your voice is starting to go. This is the afternoon, this is like the morning of Thursday. And he's like, it is so he's starting to drink tea. And then I was like, it's he's a goner. But anyways, love going home, love seeing I didn't get to see my nieces and nephews. They came to the game, but they were in their seats and then they left because obviously we have postgame. So but I got to see my mom and dad, which made me so happy. And my mother gave me my grandma's who recently passed away, her original wedding ring, and it's engraved on the inside says Tom and Judy and it's really special. And I sometimes have a habit of losing things, but I'm not going to lose this because it's so special, but it's so tiny, like it's like so fragile.
Speaker 2: I know. I thought that was really sweet. So it was nice to.
Speaker 1: Go home, all right, you were back in Dallas, home away from home.
Speaker 2: Always fine.
Speaker 1: Cowboys obviously ended up being a little bit lopsided in terms of score, but tell me everything go good to be back in my second home of Dallas. I hate seeing anyone lose. I hate seeing the Cowboys like that. You just do, I mean, you want that in their life.
Speaker 2: That's just a lot. That's frustrating.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of great relationships with guys over there, so you hate that for them. Two things I want to bring up. The Lions are fun. The Lions are a blast being on their sideline and watching that offense, and Jared Goff saying going into that game like we could be really this is one thing people don't realize when you get great quotes from athletes and you can't say it exactly how they said it. And he just said freaking, like he goes, we have the ability to be really really freaking good on offense, And I was like, I wish I could say freaking, but you can't, so it wasn't as effective, but my god, they do. David Montgomery runs through people's paces. Gibbs is awesome, Jamison Williams like they're getting their third wide receiver involved. It was just so awesome to see it go on. Sam Laporta got Sam Laporta, Yep. Dan Campbell. We don't need to say anything about him that everybody doesn't already know. He is as advertised, he is that guy. How do you not want to play for him? His halftime interviews are so wonderful. I'm in the middle of my halftime report and I see on the monitor Aiden Hutchinson goes down, so I just stopped speaking. And then at that point I don't think I told you this. We go to break, they show the injury like they always do to the guys, and break because you have to know how bad it is, which I was so proud of our crew at that point, deciding we are not going to show this. This is graphic, this is too much. I didn't have a monitor at that point. I was running over to where Aiden was to just see him get up, see what was going on. I didn't know what was going to be as bad as it was the boys saw it, and they you could just tell something was wrong because in real time he's still down. Trainers are talking to him. People don't understand. You got to get you got to get carts, you got to get whatever you're getting to get him out. You got to get the ambulance ready. You got to get his mom and dad down. And I ran to Secresy there they were, they were well, I actually said it's bad.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: It's really really bad. I said, we're not even showing it, and he said okay, and then they and I think they were able to get the mom and dad down in time to go. I don't know specifics, but yeah, that was just the former wife and me being like hey, like all hands on, and I mean, you know, it was just really hard and because it's a human being and forget a football game and for whatever, it's just like yeah, exactly. And then to see all those guys, like even Micah Parsons out there and all the players, because it's just oh, fuck you forget like when you do this, just how physical and violent it could be. So prayers up to him. I really hope he's okay. I that's a big loss and he's a good dude. God, he's a good dude, and he.
Speaker 2: Plays so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the leader of their defense. And the surgery went well, right, that's yes crazy. He was already in surgery while we're still in the game. I mean, that's just wild. I was our trainer for the Los Angeles King, so I'm very tight with because when you are a wife of an athlete, you become very tight with them because unfortunately, you get a lot of calls about things that happened during the game. And I always them texting him and I'm like, how bad is that? What happens next? I was so curious, Like I said, to our King's trainer, he said, so he's rushed to the hospital. He has to probably go into surgery right away. Is it just the surgeon that's there or what happens? And he said, no, no, I'm sure the Cowboys have somebody that they get there, and you know, they help deal with it. The team, you know, obviously, the team that they're at. I always thought that was interesting, What do you get some random to work on your leg? But yeah, and now, and I think we all learned that with Jamar Hamlin. It's a very choreographed thing like, trauma centers are ready to go. I have just I'm always in My brother was involved in a terrible accident and was airlifted to a trauma center, and just I mean, you remember, these aren't robots. These are human beings that respond in like and just go into immediate, like emergency mode. It's really incredible what they do. And thank god there's people in this world that are smart enough and have the you know, the mental capacity and emotional capacity to deal with all that, because I can't imagine even fathom. I can't fathom even doing that. But I'm happy to hear that he's at least on the mend with something that horrific. They have great leaders on that team, Dan Campbell, Aaron Glenn, their defensive coordinator, who I've been a fan of for a really long time. They are just they're the kind of keep oh yeah great. I got tight with him when he was with the Saints. He was in these are all Sean's people. Yeah, I mean that also gives you an idea of how fricking great they are. And I got really close to those two because we did so many Saints games and Aaron worked you know, with the secondary and he was one of my favorites to watch and just how he coached the secondary. So these are when these people are a lot like friends and family because you've been around them a lot and you see him in hard situations like that. But they're amazing leaders. And I cannot wait to see how far the Lions go this year. Yeah, get away from the Super Bowl last year, of course, losing to San Francisco. And speaking of Super Bowls, you got a Super Bowl rematch this week.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for your game. You've got Casey.
Speaker 1: Sam fran I'm head to New Orleans for the Sean Payton Reunion Bowl. He's headed back to New Orleans Broncos Saints. So your game this week in Kansas City. Wait, is this his first time back? Did he not go back last year? No, that'll be so emotional. And Sewan wears his heart honest sleep. Oh my god, I know, and I'm sitting down with him. He was gracious enough to agree to an interview Wednesday night before the game on Thursday, and yeah, I'm really excited to.
Speaker 2: Know for that game in general, and uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got two rookie quarterbacks and a whole bunch of different storylines in that game. New Orleans the sight of our super Bowl. So actually this is gonna be the what am I the first time? No I went there for Derek Carr, and I was thinking, when was the last time I was there? I'm just there a couple.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy about this league?
Speaker 1: And it's also like I sat down with Derek Carr after their like crazy start to the season and like their offensive explosion, and that was after week two and it's like they're sitting here trying to find their identity.
Speaker 2: He's you know, injured.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's just the wine is so close storylines. You know what's crazy about this league? Last night we see the Jets and what happened with them and now DeVante's fan and you know, it's it's just it's the reality show that just gets better and better and better, and it's a twenty four hour news cycle.
Speaker 2: It's beIN As. You had a crazy week. I didn't, you didn't Eve. This is how I mean.
Speaker 1: We talked every day in the sense of like a text or a voice stop. I didn't even know you were going to GMA. You just said I'm on a plane to New York. At this point, I'm like, Carmen san Diego for you, I'm like, where are you? Okay? So you leave the game in Dallas, you fly to New York. Tell me what you were doing there, because you know I love to support you. I didn't even get to see your segment, and I only saw from an instant story that you were even there. Go from Dallas to New York Land about twelve thirty, gets the hotel at one thirty, need to be up at four thirty for the old shower. How does that?
Speaker 2: Hair and makeup? And then how does this?
Speaker 1: We slept like two We we shove the earplugs in and we turned the sound sound machine on and we hoped we got a couple hours. Did got the first bit of energy when hair and makeup came and like.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, hey guys, hey guys.
Speaker 1: Got to be out the door by six forty five for GMA. Was there for a brand that I'm working with called my Bows from dry Eyes. It's aw yeah right, and you know I didn't know and this is not an ad and they should actually buy time on the podcast. I blink so much because my eyes always feel like I feel like they're like gritty or scratchy, or I just feel like I'm so tired, I need to wake up. That is dry eyes. That is dry eye syndrome. Like I didn't even know I had it. I figured because of planes and hotels and all that stuff. But bottom line was one of the girls that works for the company that manufactures it says, you really shouldn't be feeling your eyes, and you know how many people do, and they just think we're on screens all the time. That like reduces not to get technical here, but tear of operation and that's what keeps your eyes like moisturized and stuff. AnyWho, these things are amazing. So I went to GMA to talk about that. Had to go to New York get you know all your eyes, weren't you look my eyes were tired, but not because I had dry eyes, just because I was tired. I was at by like noon weekend at Bernie's. I was just like, just tell me where we're going next, who we're talking to? Shaking hands. But it was great, it was quick. I got on a plane, I slept for like three hours, and then I dove right into Kansas City notes because I get super anxious dealing with the face of the league and not covering them all all week or all year, so trying to actually.
Speaker 2: Got to cover it.
Speaker 1: So I know we've talked about it before, but for those individuals that don't know, we are at Fox mostly NFC centric and CBS gets a lot of AFC games, which means a lot of Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes and companies.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I get excited.
Speaker 1: We have a we have them for thanksget we have them on our Black Friday games to spend Thanksgiving in Kansas City. But Super Bowl rematch is always so great because like two of the best teams. Do we have an update on Christian McCaffrey. Are we still fluid in.
Speaker 2: That to play for that game? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, and I don't. I don't have an update on Jordan Mason. They're both coming off of No No San Francisco, not coming off of by They're coming off a Thursday Night Thursday Night good Bye. But yeah, Jordan got banged up in that game. He did come back, and so did the kicker m HM. And we had lost the kicker before in our game.
Speaker 2: But now talking about I.
Speaker 1: Know we're going to see Patrick Mahomes, the best guy in the league. Because he's so great off the field, but on the field obviously the face of our league. I'm having a wardrobe predicament. And this is something that we talked about a couple from my game in Miami when everyone gave me ship for wearing leather. And now you're going to be an Okay, go explain because you told me this off air off air in our broadcast. I did a big fitting before this season because it's too hard. We don't have much time to keep doing them. And we had an outfit. We were like, this is for the super Bowl rematch. It's basically what you wore in Miami, but it's pants. It's that top but pants, and it's all letther hot. I love an all other look, but it's supposed.
Speaker 2: To say eighty two degrees.
Speaker 1: Eighty degrees when I'm done to the bitch, please you gotta wear it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well do we have a backup, because don't be like me and Seattle who got cocky about the outfit.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't have a backup, and I was like, well, here we are.
Speaker 1: It's like you and Jillian Gregory are gonna be like you gotta do it. And then when I'm talking to Andy Reid at halftime, covered it and like, Andy, how's your team dealing with this seat?
Speaker 2: Because it's cannot sail? I will say it is very different.
Speaker 1: I can easily say you're in and out because it's pregame, halftime.
Speaker 2: A postgame. You're working. You are a working girl.
Speaker 1: In your outfit, you are strutting, You're at Esther Williams is where you belong?
Speaker 2: Is it walk in my.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got to bring a backup, But what about a backup best pant situation? You looked great in Dallas. You don't often do the three piece suit, but I was you looked fantastic. Hey, we haven't talked about this because again, you don't tell me anything that's going on with you. Laney Wilson, Hello, I have to find how great is she? You're not great.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell me you were interviewing her.
Speaker 1: I had to find out when I'm sitting there in my little highlight chair, strapped in and I'm like, wait a minute, why is she interviewing Laney?
Speaker 2: And I didn't know about this.
Speaker 1: She's she is the halftime show for our Thanksgiving game. Charlotte Joan Waste does an amazing job putting that all together. She has a very special guest. She told me who it is. I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Are you not going to tell me? I am, but I'll tell you yeah.
Speaker 1: I signed one those get you nowhere any piece of paper, in the words of Nick con just a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: She's great.
Speaker 1: I told her all about our friendship with Miranda and that Miranda brought her up on the Calm Down podcast, and she goes, Miranda's my girl.
Speaker 2: She'll kill anyone that's that. I mean, she's great.
Speaker 1: They have a great song together right now, my horses, Oh they've got Oh she's.
Speaker 2: Great, Lady Wilson.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was trying to explain this to my sweet researcher Matt, who I lost or I now have because Jarrett went with you guys that she was on Yellowstone. Everyone forgets she was on Yellowstone. And I was like a little body on her wang and body. And I loved your question about Dolly Parton coming out in the outfit?
Speaker 2: Are you going to come out in that? God? Do you great?
Speaker 1: I would love this is because it's sacred. They would never let us do it. But I would love to try on a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader outfit one day.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'd like to try to put my after the stomach lets you yeah be great?
Speaker 1: Did anybody have your old meat I can eat? I'd like to get sick before Halloween?
Speaker 2: Thank you? It was or in an airport. You'll be right. Man.
Speaker 1: Oh those girls are great. I love them so much. I a fangirl over them all the time. So Landy Wilson YEP, the Lions San Francisco Heat Organizing bags. Had a great chat with Gary Batman, commissioner on the NHL yesterday NHL Yeah tell me.
Speaker 2: Was a good morning America.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to run down and say hello to him, and ended up talking to him for good twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: A good morning America, my way through high What do you use? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I talked him.
Speaker 1: About working in the front office or yeah, front office in New York. Maybe something i'd be interested in down the road.
Speaker 2: What I don't know?
Speaker 1: Come on, let's okay, all right, we'll get to that after the break. Let's focus on right now. You know you can't even you can't work at the front office. You'll still be carrying a backpack. We have to get your briefcase.
Speaker 2: Lease. They'll be like, who's the new student in class? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay, scary goes, have you ever been to our offices? No, he goes, Next time you're in New York, give me a call. Take you to lunch?
Speaker 2: I said, where would you take me to lunch? Where is Gary taking to lunch? Toconi's be great? Who care to act like Russian? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Any I don't know any restaurants I am, so you could, but I can tell you where to.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know anything about restaurants, even in New Orleans. How about Sean? This is why I love Sean again. For anyone that doesn't know, so, Sean Payton took a year off from coaching after New Orleans and then was on Kickoff with myself and others on Fox.
Speaker 2: Sean is just a time, okay.
Speaker 1: Like, all I have to reference is our gathering we all had together in New Orleans. It's just get this guy in a casino, Vegas or anywhere. Any hilarity ensues. But this is how much I adore this man. A He's willing to sit down with me the night before a game, which I love him for, thank you, but also he's like, Hey, do you need any hotel or restaurant recommendation? Hey do you need any of this making sure that I'm okay and set up in New Orleans?
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I need all the recommendations because there's no way that I know anything. I am a loser when it comes to all of the restaurants.
Speaker 2: It's not my thing. I'm not into it. No you're not.
Speaker 1: So you throw shit at my backpack, and I throw shit about the fact that you could. You have no idea where you're staying or where you're eating.
Speaker 2: No idea. Every week goes where you're staying. I go, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's literally I don't I'm like Greg, Greg and I are the same. We get in the car and we don't know where the car is taking us. It could be kidnapping us for all we know. This is the best is when the driver goes because yes, we're lucky enough to have car service. Okay, we get it. Whatever, We've runed that right. So the driver's like, oh, are we going to so and so? And I go, I don't know. Whatever address you have is where we're going. Is it a warehouse in the middle of nowhere?
Speaker 2: And you're going to tie me up? Maybe when you.
Speaker 1: Guys go to dinner, I've never asked you this. You go on Wednesday nights. Are you a big group? How many go to dinner?
Speaker 2: Great question.
Speaker 1: I always try to have the game crew and the pregame crew merge. But sometimes the game crew gets a little like Hooty Twitty. They like to like have their own thing, only because then it turns into like a big reservation. And so I understand that we've got to divide and conquer. Okay's strong, But like, yeah, I just sometimes I'm like, wait, I want to be with Kirk, and I want to be without I want to like be with the whole group. But I understand, Okay, So the dinners, I would say seventy five percent of the time are just the pregame crew. And it's either Wit making the reservation because that's what he does and he's great, or if we're like when we were in Atlanta, it was like Tony, it's like if you're in the city wheref someone's played there, like Sherm in Seattle, like those kinds of things. Fits with the Buffalo place. That place was awesome, going that was so good. Yeah, So ordering is it? Is it with order our own dinner? Because I would need to know that if I came with you, orders for everyone? Okay, orders for everyone?
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Sometimes because Tony's a foody, he'll jump in. I don't even look at the menu. I just I'm going straight. Just I'll take a cabernet, thank you. Yeah, that's the that's the only ordering I'm doing.
Speaker 2: M hm. All the wine's been making me feel a little sick lately. I don't know if.
Speaker 1: It's like when you change, like as you get older, Like have you ever heard people say like you can't drink wine anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can't.
Speaker 1: I can only do one to two glasses like before no night, it's like that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's been like actually I'm acting like that's so dramatic. I can only too, Okay, go to bed. I've only been able to do a bottle before I go to bed. I can't do my normal two bottles anymore. Last night, Steve goes and we were exchanging voice notes and I just wipe my nose on my sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Because I'm back.
Speaker 1: Should wear a bib And just how about when Mac? Have you done the whole like lick your finger and wipe stuff off his face?
Speaker 2: I hate when parents do that. I'm always like, don't do that. I grab a wipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I could see that you're nut dingy with someone's face. But no, I miss Mac so much. What's he doing?
Speaker 2: Is he doing right now? Is I think he's sleeping? He's sleeping? Then my little Mac a room? He so much?
Speaker 1: But aren't you enjoying this stage more than the baby stage? Because he's like a person now, like baby's a just sleep on But he's my man is on the move. He is on What about that playpin? Aaron in her living room has this whole setup where it's like sequestering Mac, so he has to stay in a certain area. No, not anymore. He comes to find out he's being sequestered a little too much. Okay, come in, we are now opening the floodgates. Is great, you know what? And he's turned into a different person. He's vocal, he's on the movie. He's got things to say. His face, what a difference, hair grow more? Well, look at that, he's not stressed. Out, get him out of that playpin and out of a bad situation, and he's as happy as can be, happy, as happy as a clum. Wait, what were we saying before I wipe my nose on my sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: I don't know you do you want to talk about the car crush?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, So you know this is just life.
Speaker 1: This is, by the way, everything's perspective we talked about now before, Like, this is not me bitching, this is not me complaining.
Speaker 2: This is just life.
Speaker 1: I come home from work on Sunday. I love my routine on Sunday. I love waking. Steve wakes up in the morning with me. At four fifteen. He calls the coffee shop. He opens the coffee shop for me, He makes me a coffee. He walks me to my car because it's dark outside so he doesn't want me to walk alone.
Speaker 2: He's just the freakin' best here.
Speaker 1: It would be sawing laws and being like, please, you have the sweetest husband in the whole world.
Speaker 2: Knock it off.
Speaker 1: Don't ever say sawing logs again. All right, So Steve opens up the coffee shop.
Speaker 2: Go to work. I come home at four thirty.
Speaker 1: So I'm so excited because this is my routine, right when I walk in the house after a day at Fox, straight to the shower, wash the day off, comfy cozy clothes, come downstairs, sit on the couch, pour myself that big old goblet of wine, and I'm ready for Sunday night football okay. And then when I check in, I'm either on a plane, I'm at the airport, drunk with what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: How is your day? Yep, whole thing. Sometimes, if we're lucky, we get a FaceTime breakdown, the whole thing. Well, there was no face time breakdown this week because you were off and running to New York. But I was off and running to the street because I heard a massive My god, I saidly, that's not good. That sounds like a car crash. Who's hurt?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 3: Steve?
Speaker 1: And I run out investigative reporter nosy Rosie Noe pad in hand.
Speaker 2: What's happening? Okay? But where when? Why?
Speaker 1: Steve walks around to the side of my car. We just barked right out in front of my house, and he goes looks like we were the car crash, and I was like, oh, oh god, somebody who let this be a PSA for everyone. Do not drink and drive. Okay, for so many reasons. There are ubers, There are lifts like, yeah, you hit my car, and you're an asshole for drinking and driving and ruining and literally totaling my vehicle.
Speaker 2: But you could have killed somebody. Okay.
Speaker 1: So this lunatic that hit my car, thank god it wasn't in it, parked car hit it, then proceeds to pull over the side of the road. And I think he's being a good Samaritan at this point, and at least he's pulling over. Oh no, sits there, then says he doesn't have his license with all these different things, and then takes if.
Speaker 2: You guys went up to him, Well, you know I wasn't going up to him. Steve went up to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can see exactly the lapd rust easy, Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Steve's on the case.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Steve's going up asking the preliminary question and the guy takes off.
Speaker 2: Well, then he hits ten other cars going down the road. Oh sure did. And it's like, this is the thing.
Speaker 1: You've already made a shitty decision getting behind the wheel while you're drunk. And now you're hitting cars. You could hit people, god knows if there's a kid playing in the street. It's just all of it's bad. All of it's bad, bad, bad. Okay, so thank god the guy gets arrested and gets put in jail. But there's no better way to meet your neighbors than a car crash out in front of your house. Because Hi, I'm the neighbor. I live next door. Oh hi, I've never met you before. But then I unleash on the neighbor. Poor girl. She's fine now, but she comes over. She picks up half my car, which like the whole bumper's ripped off, and she goes, your car's really fucked up. Oh, this is what I said to work. I did exactly that. I go, oh, you think that helps right now? Do you think that that makes me feel better? Why are we saying that? And she goes, oh sorry, And I was like, no, yeah, you should be sorry. First of all, nice to meet you. Change that attitude and be like, I'm so sorry that happened to your car. It's just a car. Okay, we'll get I mean whatever, we have insurance. Not everyone knows. But I'm like, don't say oh, your car really fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah we know.
Speaker 1: I can see it. I heard it, and yeah exactly. Anyways, so whatever, it's just a car. But I'm like, you guys, get in an uber. Did you find the guy? Yeah, he's in jail or wasn't good? Yeah exactly. And then Steve's going around, this is the fifth citizen's arrest I've made.
Speaker 2: Start calling me Sinko.
Speaker 1: I would like, he goes, I might have to go on KTLA later today because I'm a crime stopper. I go, Okay, Well, first of all, this this already happened. You didn't stop it from happening because I prevented more bad things from happening.
Speaker 2: All right, whatever, anyways, your.
Speaker 1: Service steam, and I'm so sorry about your car. Thank god no one was in it than Jared Waiting. Yeah, you guys got to get out of there. I know we're coming to move in with you. By the way, you know the whole three strikes you're out. We're about on strike twelve. Hey, speaking of strikes, I'm not really a baseball gal. After I stopped covering baseball, I don't really get into it until the play happened. I'm so excited about you should have heard Kathy's breakdown yesterday. I had to send Kevin the text that she sent me. Kat Kathy, big baseball gal, just praising Kevin. Kevin is so impressive that he does baseball and he does football, and I would really like to meet Kevin one day. Okay, Kathy, this is the listen a few weeks. I mean, my god, she just wants to meet everyone. Anyways, this is great. I mean I know that we're talking about it now and the series is going to change because by the time the Big Show airs on Thursday. But like La New York like getting involved. How about New York Buffalo Bills. I need to take a breath. This coffee is really kicking in. I mean I am talking seven hundred miles an hour as as the car was going.
Speaker 2: Down the street. Take a breath. What happened?
Speaker 1: How about the Buffalo Bills freaking trolling last night? The Instagram? I don't know who runs Indagram. Cats big day for New York sports. By the way, it's a total shot at the Jets.
Speaker 2: They had the Yankees winning, they had the Mets winning, and then the Bill was winning. But good with a little wink face, you know, the one Anyways, did you watch the post Game with Scott Van Pelt with Ray Davis?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Was he impressive?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But his story a cutie pie? Wow? My god.
Speaker 1: But then you listen to him talk on this set and he's a rookie and he's getting a shot in his positive attitude.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was like, I want to bottle him up and put him in max like high chair and say, Okay, this is what you want to be he was. I can't wait to hug that kid on I had to go back to Oko and I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he so impressed. A great story. What a guy.
Speaker 1: I just love, I just loved. I also loved the story behind the store. Was that an MTV show?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The story behind the story? I think so?
Speaker 1: No slogan, story behind the music? Yeah you think you know, but you have no idea or some idea?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Can I talk a do a deer? All right? I think we're all out of time.
Speaker 1: I think when I could try to go to a Plate's cat class, I really need to tighten. And I'm going to tell you what my day consisted. Because I've got a big house and home project. Because I didn't have the ability to say no. I don't have the ability to say no. Yep, I'm gonna go do that. I'm gonna tackle that. Then i'm gonna tackle my upstairs room where my clothes are because it's getting out of control. And then you and I might make a date if it works out. If not, then on Sava weekend. And I love you, but you say see me this weekend. I'm not home on Saturday. Oh right, shoot, okay, so maybe Monday. All right, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna go Saturday. I'm like, okay, I'll leave you the key. It's fine. Mac opens the door for on act.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.