Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanovik. Let's also get to some stocks on the move this Friday. Alexandra Semenova is with us Bloomberg News Stocks Reporter, and she joins us with a look at some of the names. Alex good to have you here.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, good to be here. There's actually a lot going on on the corporate side, even though we're heading into holiday weekend. The first company that I'm looking at is Uber. There are apparently looking to have a full takeover of delivery Hero, which is a delivery service platform that is based in Germany. Apparently they want to better compete with door Dash overseas. They had actually announced earlier this week that they boosted their stake in the company and are apparently to looking to boost it even more. They've been working with Morgan Stanley on this. This is a great scoop on the Bloomberg terminal. Just looking at the share price, it is Uber is actually down two point three percent today on the news However, Delivery Hero, who shares are listed in Frankfort is up about fifty percent this year. It has a value of around eleven point eight billion dollars, so will be really interesting to see how this plays out. Of course, this this is a space that has been heating up. So many delivery platforms.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you nailed it when you said so many delivery platforms. It's a really competitive space. It's it really is.
Speaker 5: It's tough to compete in the space. Plus, I don't know about you, Carol, at least look again, this is the New York City, you know, view but the fees that are tacked on the expense at the end, like you know, sometimes you it ends up costing like twenty five thirty percent.
Speaker 1: We've canceled an order, like after we go through and we're like to say, which, suddenly it's thirty dollars exactly, it's exactly our two hamburgers or something.
Speaker 3: And we're like, but in a city like New York, you can just go outside and go to any.
Speaker 4: Restaurant and get something, just walk down the street.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: That is so true. All right, So uber is one name you're watching, I'm exidentother one I'm Max.
Speaker 3: Better news for the movie theater, so it is actually exploring a sale. It approached some entertainment companies to explore the option of being bought. This is according to scoop from the Wall Street Journal. Looking at the price right now, shares are up fifteen percent. It is having its best day since March twenty twenty one, which is of course during memestock Mania. And apparently movie theaters have been making a little bit of a comeback. When I a shout out to a couple of my friends, Bonnu and Lira, we actually have a little club going where we go to the movie theaters every quarter.
Speaker 4: Now I love this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did go to an Imax. We don't We do look to go to like a theater that is a little different. We went to one around Union Square that is a little bit more historic and that was a great time kind of an experience. Then, yeah, exactly. So, yeah, Imax shares are doing well on this news. And also apparently it has to do with premium screens, so people are looking to have a cool experience when they go to the movies.
Speaker 5: The reclining chair exactly, that's the that's the challenge I think in sort of the post COVID world is that, especially as more and more movies are coming out closer to like the windows shrinking, how long it's in theaters you can you know, like I was able to watch Marty Supreme recently, you know, and not and look, you know it took us four nights to watch it because we don't have that much time. But it had just been in theaters, you know, just a few months ago. Right, But what do you you have to provide something in the theater that you're not going to get in your living room.
Speaker 4: So like a huge screen, a reclining chair, yeah, has an experience.
Speaker 3: You can be sitting in a chair.
Speaker 1: I also feel like it's a movie that's an experience. Like the last one I went to was Barbie like with my daughter, and it was just like a small theater. I would go, I know, a small theater in the village and it was like it was a lot of fun. But I don't know, I agree with you. I wouldn't be like if my Jammy's eating popcorn, watching.
Speaker 4: Marty was good.
Speaker 1: I watch it, yeah, Lenova.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that company doing very well on its earnings because of its AI business. Always good to hear that you know AIS being monetized for these companies. It reported that profit jumped to thirty eight percent while revenue grew by around twenty percent for the fiscal year ending in March, and this was because of AI related revenues. So it accounted for thirty eight percent of the company's overall sales last quarter, growing at an eighty four percent rate.
Speaker 4: That is pretty stronging numbers.
Speaker 3: Because all these companies are spending so much on artificial intelligence technology and it's not really clear whether or not their efforts will be profitable. So good to see a company where it actually.
Speaker 4: Is and you're watching the ADRs.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is US listed share.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ln VGYUS is the ADR ticker.
Speaker 3: Now eighteen percent right now, also best since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Of seventy percent year.
Speaker 2: Today the aders the stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm HM