Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning, Everybody's Steen j n V Jes Hilarius Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: He's the dream killer. Ladies and gentlemen, bigger than big backs ladies gentlemen. First of all, that's not true. Look, I'm just saying like because people, you know, everybody when they see me, like, man, you know you lost Wait, you look good what you're doing. And then I started listening things off, like yo, I stopped drinking, I did this, I did that, and then they just be staring at me. So now I'm just really honest. So a big dude just asked me the hallway, you know what I'm doing. I told him. They just still looked at me because I can see the grease staying on the jack SyES, and I was like, well, you ain't gonna do it what you said? He just let Man, I could tell it hurt, but it was. I mean literally, I was like therapy. I stopped drinking. This is a lifestyle I started five years ago. Consistently, Dude. I literally get up every morning, no matter what time, I gotta get up at least go to the gym for hour. I got stuff set up in my house. I go boxing three times a week. It's like when you tell them, they be like, oh, you really doing it? Doing it? So you work work yeah, because they want you to say that you got the shot. That's true, that's what that's that's it. Are you doing the ozempic. It's like, no, I can't, and it's no distant nobody you know what I'm saying. But it's funny because people roast you with the ozimpic thing, even though it's commercials for like people will go to my page like and say, I do workouts in like ozmpic. That's all they're saying, Like, oh I didn't do it, but okay, brother, I gotta hurt.
Speaker 2: Though, because you actually did it, like you talk about your process and now they throw ozipic on you like I just told you, you know, three times a week, and it used to hurt, but it don't anymore because I don't understand how that's a roast and they have commercials for it that say that is what it's supposed to do. It's just like if I ship, it's like, oh you go penicillin or pep the bismo, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I've seen you over time and you didn't just wake up like you have gradually.
Speaker 1: You've seen it. It was a process. It wasn't like overnight, I guess, like and then I don't know, it was funny that didn't happen in the hallway. But just I'm proud of myself. It's the most proud of, like happiest I think I've ever been.
Speaker 5: Like, be proud of black people. Because back in the day, you say, damn, reroll on crack.
Speaker 1: They still say stuff like that. Damn they still go say, you know, crack. But then I don't even understand what this like, you know, after the chat, would think you would just think people would just leave people to funk along life for real, Like you don't know. But if I look happy, damn, but people are so sad, so they be like and it.
Speaker 4: Does a lot of happy crackheads. So like if the crackheads.
Speaker 1: Crackheads was always skinny, Like it was a dude named Johnny Cash on the West Side of Chicago who had the biggest cap. He was just athletic, the most athletic crackhead because he walked every fucking day. Most crackheads in my era were in shape. Yeah, yeah, they really were. They was picking up ship, they were shoveling, they were doing all the type of ship to get the crack money. So they was in shape. I never see the fat crackhead though. You ain't never see the fat one. And then the skinny ones was the ones, you know, I think they had to be kind of all ready a little skinny and then it was out. I don't know what we tell you.
Speaker 5: I have never seen a dead one.
Speaker 6: All the crackcads that I knew growing up still right now to this day, still to this day.
Speaker 1: Because crack, well crack and cocaine, right, so it's the cheap ship.
Speaker 5: Well crack is fried cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like the cheap it's the cheap version of it. I mean, that's what snowfalls are we talking about?
Speaker 3: How do we get.
Speaker 5: Crack is what we need?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I think some of this ship is cracked. Like I don't, like, nobody know what zip because for diabetes and then people do it to lose well, it's fucking weird. You're a weird ass time. But people comfortable talking about it. Yeah, so I'm like, y'all got people that's saying they're doing it like I still picking on me.
Speaker 6: I won't say this though I met you a long long time ago. I had to talk to on m TV.
Speaker 5: Came on there. You never looked fund up to me. Like the way people acting they act.
Speaker 1: Like I was like I was Lavell Crawford and Bruce fucking Don, Dela Weed, I was out shopped Damns weight to break this said, that's what I need. I need to show up and do more ship for people. We got no movie man. Now, this children's movie the Kids dog Man Man about dog Man is amazing, cartoon based, amazing, but it is kind of dog Man ain't dark, but it's because you know, they put their head together with the man and but it's a really funny and fun movie. I got a chance to do a Pete Davidson and kids are loving this movie and it looks like it's tracking to do really well. So I'm excited to be in that space where we do those cartoon movies that that really killed the box office, and I think it's gonna be one of them.
Speaker 5: Is the box office back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for certain stuff, I think family stuff is doing well one of them days. I'm proud of what that's doing. I'm in that too, and that's good for comedy to comedy movies. And they did a good job of that too, cause they did a good job of casting and just making it funny because a lot of stuff just hasn't been really funny funny for real again. I mean, that's what I'm doing about. Like when I leave here, I start directing my first movie that I'm starting in and Tiffany's in it, and uh, I guess what I could do them? Yeah, I mean, I mean, we ain't got o pr budget, so I might.
Speaker 3: As well just say to start now.
Speaker 1: So Carlos Miller got Carlos King Batch, Tony Baker. Okay, so this is gonna be it's gonna be fun, Like I believe, like it's time to start casting comedians for real in these comedies again it's comedy horror.
Speaker 2: There's one comedian you ain't named that be getting busy who wreksa.
Speaker 3: Just yeah.
Speaker 6: Before I ain't going I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Just chances. Also, just like if it was something I love, Jess, So I know we're gonna work again. So yeah, absolutely, I love all the time over this and you are like great, Like I'm surprised, like people not begging you to do more sitcoms that your timing and everything was just natural and perfect.
Speaker 6: But it's not a loot of sitcoms of black people nowadays, I mean, not always what you call a two camera what they call it.
Speaker 1: Uh multi cam yeh, yeah, no it's not. It's I mean, but you still got like the Miss Pat Show, the Upshells. Yeah, so I think I just think we just got to like we just gotta do it. I mean, Bounce got a bunch of but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you say, nobody watching Bounce, but you can create something that maybe somebody will watch on it.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's time to like start downplaying those places like the Bounces and all these different places, like let's go there, let's bring out material that we're trying to get to these other spots. Go to the place it's gonna accept your material.
Speaker 6: But it's the money thing too. I agree with you, But you know, we can't just go to these places and do charity. They got to have the budget.
Speaker 1: Well, the budgets ain't that great for the other stuff, the big stuff neither they cut everything, so you might as well go to a place that's gonna let you creatively do what you're supposed to do, do what you want to do. That's why, like two Bees a Lick, I love to know. I'm oh, no, no, don't proudly say you got a.
Speaker 5: Joke about Yeah right, it's smart.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's no better comedy on the planet than to be but the unintention So.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if they had a really good meeting with them, And that's one of the things I approached them about. Like it's like because I don't want to just give them content. I'm like, yo, I want to be let me be an executive over here. Let me help with your literally let me be let me run your comedy, help bring the stuff in there. But I'm trying to give them my special. I just shot you know, I did a comedy festival last year and I shot my special there. So I feel like two Bees a Lick Man.
Speaker 6: We got ninety four million, ninety million monthly viewers or something crazy number, like.
Speaker 1: They got the viewer Like that's why it's trying to really like, if they're smart, just you literally could do what Netflix did just start taking in really good content like w B it ship.
Speaker 6: I want to do a breakfast club murder mystery on to be one of my favorite shows on.
Speaker 1: I want to do a breakfast club murder mystery.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I like this show called just what was on it called I Got a Story to Tell an ology series? Yeah, man, that ships so good. You seen the Gastation Pill episode.
Speaker 5: With young Jockeys?
Speaker 1: That was that was? That was good. Ronnie Jordan was really good and hilarious.
Speaker 6: Jock to have asked you to play an ugly person like Broll, we needed to play what the in the show had to be a he was his character was supposed to be ugly.
Speaker 3: But start with that.
Speaker 1: Never said was that the character description?
Speaker 5: Like, seriously, have you seen.
Speaker 1: I mean just that he they called him. I ain't never been asked to play an ugly person. Well, maybe I had asked Kat Williams. He said I'm ugly, so maybe I have say that call me ugly? He called me the ugliest nigga. He's like, man, you go to the mall in Atlanta, ain't nobody gonna talk to you. I'm like, that's weird. Like I did well in Atlanta. When I was single with with what you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I was in the streets. What I'm saying with men women in Atlanta, Jesus, charm no real nowadays identify arlam.
Speaker 1: You I'm not talking about.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about specifically asked me, yes, the internet, because I don't want them to take this out of context.
Speaker 3: He wanted to know what you forever.
Speaker 1: Take it out of context? Did you make it context? Man? Like you made a context? What did you do? Man?
Speaker 3: He just called you ugly?
Speaker 1: Want to know what you call you? Identifying everything? Use those and Jesus surprised.
Speaker 5: You just trying up and down?
Speaker 1: You can jump? You didn't go that far? I mean you you you took it. I mean, come on. Some of the stuff was a conversation were about the crack era. He said, I was on crack. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I've never seen you with the man. I would never ask, hey, when you was Atlanta that you did the man a woman I was.
Speaker 1: It was only the ladies Atlanta. Atlanta is full of gorgeous black women. When I was in my single days, it was I used to have good times out there.
Speaker 5: How much did how has being engaged changed you.
Speaker 1: I'm cool, I'm chilling, you know. You just I'm not in no thirsty place, you know what I'm saying. But I was like that before I even proposed her. I just got to a point where I was just like, I just want to chill. I'm grown, I'm not you know what I mean. I like, literally just love being around my girl. That's it.
Speaker 4: And it's your second time I getting married both of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's both our second time around. So and we you know, we ain't diddy everybody when you're gonna do it. We possibly may have a reality show, and so we may wait to do it and shot it on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you want to do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because what I want to do is actually people to see the real conversation about because I don't necessarily want to win, so she does. So we've actually stopped talking about it so we could save it for the show, so people could really see what this real conversation is. Why don't you want to wedd I think it's overrated. I think I talked about that at one time.
Speaker 5: By the way, that started a real conversation.
Speaker 3: I just don't lie.
Speaker 5: But just in everyday life, people was talking to me about it.
Speaker 3: I think you said the wedding of the marriage was Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta prepare what you gotta prepare for marriage. I think you should be focused on the marriage, but also we should be I think we should treat out of visaries like weddings, but how we gonna celebrations. It's like it's like for kids start school right here, freshman, we give them the graduation this freshman year. You don't know if this nigga gonna stay in school the whole four years. Yeah, so that's what I said. I think we should take out of virtuaries, make those the big celebrations are not the weddings.
Speaker 2: Now, when you say it like that, it's like you spend all this money on the wedding and you don't know how long it's gonna last.
Speaker 1: Y'all, I ain't been through nothing. It ain't nothing to really celebrate. I think anniversaries deserved that energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: I like it when you said it last time, like put put the nobody puts the thought and the emphasis into the marriage.
Speaker 5: What is this marriage?
Speaker 1: What does marriage gonna be like? And then like, especially if y'all got through a tough year. Yes, I want you motherfuckers to celebrate me, right, we went through a tough time, like celebrate make anniversaries bigger, spending all this money on these ways because now everybody break up so quick too. It looks just crazy.
Speaker 6: But how would that affect you? I guess the times are so different now you could do whatever you want. I was about to say, how would that affect you doing reality TV and still doing film?
Speaker 5: But I guess it don't even matter, I.
Speaker 1: Think nowadays because it's not just it wouldn't just be more or less the folks to be on her because I think she's amazing and on like blending our families and things like that. So like also too, it's some fun to watch the way I'm moving in my career too. So you know, it's a lot of things people don't know, Like I really, man, I really been on my business this season for me, this is the season of business for me. So and that's why I did a festival, That's why I'm directing, That's why I'm producing and doing all this stuff. I'm in boss mode now.
Speaker 5: In Hollywood.
Speaker 1: You know what's fun? I don't I think everything is Hollywood. Something I wish somebody would say, because I always hear like, like I shout out to my homeboy Country Wayne, but he always kind of talking about like going against Hollywood. But I'm like, bro, you in Hollywood, Like you're you're filming, making movies. That is Hollywood. I think we keep thinking Hollywood is a place and it's an industry. I don't care if you put stuff on content on Instagram. You're part of Hollywood. You know what I'm saying, That's that's Hollywood. So like I just I just think we I think people love to just say I'm not a part of this thing, but damn, Hollywood is Hollywood. As long as you're making movies and TV even skits and all that stuff, episodic stuff, that's Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually feel like the traditional Hollywood is kind of behind the eight ball because you got these people like the Country and Drew Skies whoever. They just like they doing all of these kids and sketches every single day.
Speaker 5: It's like watching the TV show every day.
Speaker 1: Well, it don't exist. I mean it don't exist in a good way. It's actually embracing more people. That's why, like you know, we're talking about too b I do love that we are embracing these other filmmakers, you know what I'm saying. Like it's just it's coming from everywhere. It's not like I think we just be so full. It's just feel good. I guess to say, Hollywood, it's like, Okay, they don't even shooting a La for real, no more.
Speaker 6: Yeah about you about to be out here in Jersey your life? You said what you're gonna be out in Jersey?
Speaker 5: Lot? They got the Lions.
Speaker 1: Shoot, we're shooting at Detroit, you know what I'm saying, But we're shooting that, so like it's it's I mean, hopefully La honestly work on his tax credit because especially with the fires and everything, you want to see that community get built back up, and so hopefully work on these tax and centives because there's nothing being shot in La, which is yep.
Speaker 3: Were you affected by the fires at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, we only had to evacuate one time, and that's because of the kind of fires which was really close to us, like we can see it, and but it was only going for one day. But I couldn't sleep that whole first week because you didn't you know, the phones was going off. I was watching the news the whole time, making sure the fan was good because you didn't know when you had to pick up and leave, and you had to have the mindset of all, it's a chance all this stuff is gonna be gone.
Speaker 2: Did you pack up what you wanted just in case, Like I'm gonna put this right here in the car, just in case we gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just took Honestly, I was okay with losing a lot of the stuff. I was more, let's just all the papers and stuff there reporting papers. Yeah, but I didn't even think I was like all these Jordan's is gone. Yeah. I was like, yeah, that is, it is what it is, but it's it's That was one of the craziest things I've been and I'm, you know, from Chicago, but like this that fire thing and the ambers was flying everywhere. I ain't never seen them because it was so windy. It was like two days where it felt like like Hurricane Wins. It was. It was frightening and they couldn't stop the fires because of that, Like the fire departments and and shout out to like man, the firefighters, like they got all those young people that you know that's in jail that came out as they did most of work. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: So what's the point of being in La now if you're not from La? Like with everybody who's from LA, because they're people who like, really love La. That's they wrap it in a real way. They don't even think what y'all do, what we're doing. We go out there and.
Speaker 1: Really law like, yeah, y'all transplants exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what's the reason for you to be out did that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know how long we're going to stay out there, to be honest with you, but I love La, you know, and you just talk because wife people was talking. We had it was a real conversation about it because I don't know. I'm just I'm not in a rush to leave, you know what i mean? Because I like La and I'm from Chicago. I think you should live outside of where you grew up at. You know, if we moved, probably gonna to Mississippi though, Missippi that's where she's from. You know, people got a bunch of land out there, So I'm like, dude, we might as well go down there and build something.
Speaker 6: If I'm not mistaken, there's always been a connected like a lot of people who who came to Mississippi back in the day migrated to Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a whole. I think that's why me and her hit it off, to be quite honest with you, because it's I love a country, country, southern black girl and she's a black girl because people love to call her not black.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I be let me tell you this is what I catch. I catch it for losing weight, and I catch it for like, yeah, cat said, you got them light skin, You got your light skin. They gave you, They gave you that light skinned girl around, they gave Hollywood gave it. I was like, what do they do this? What the fuck are y'all talking about? They don't be giving out people.
Speaker 5: Did the motivate you to lose any of the weight anyway?
Speaker 1: Nah? I was. I was more or less like when I saw Get Out. I didn't like the way I looked, but and it wasn't necessary the physical part. It was just like, you know, you could see how I know it was a great moment, but I could see how sad I was. Even when I was doing a real show, I was still trying to figure things out. It wasn't until I went to therapy for real, Shola man, And it was like, Damn, I really buried so much ship that I didn't even know that was buried. And then you come from the crib from Chicago. Even some of the stuff that I grew up seeing, I normalized it, and that ship was affecting me. So until I went to therapy and really talked this ship out, I didn't realize I had all that shit going on.
Speaker 4: I really didn't that you can speak to that because you were you were very reserved on set, like it was quiet you just like there was.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure on me on that set, man.
Speaker 4: And I didn't know you as well as you know, like your friends knew you and all that type of stuff. But I could still see you know, it was definitely did you had your kids with you out there. It was a lot of things that you had to do.
Speaker 1: Also to you, I'm trying to make a show to impress black people, which is so fucking tough to do. Lord, have mercy, you know. I learned a big lesson from there. You just gotta creatively do what you do because you're not. Everybody always gonna find something wrong with something, you know what I'm saying, So, like I learned a lot from doing a real show. It's even just learning to like delegate better. You know, a lot of times you saw me because I was always thinking about what I had to do. So I learned a lot. I mean, like betwe once again, between therapy and then owning a lot of stuff, like I do everything so much better. I'm a better person on every set I own. I bring better energy. Even that sometimes I was overdoing my blackness sometimes, like on sets like yeah, you ain't gonna take me what to say, you know, and all that shit, and it's like, well, you're doing too much. So going to therapy made me literally overanalyze myself and own a lot of my bullshit.
Speaker 3: You want to do?
Speaker 6: Was sad too, That's that's a very specific word.
Speaker 1: Now I was. I was hurting because I was going through a divorce, like rou Don't Get Out was Carmichael show, and so going through a divorce trying to figure out you know, I think most dads don't talk about this, but when you know the kids are with your mom, and they was with the mom and they was with you and now you by yourself. Man, that's an adjustment. And most men don't talk about it, you know, because everybody think, are you out here back? You know, because most you know, the baby mom's like are you here living it up? And then it like no, I'm like laying in their rooms because I miss them. I'm sad as fuck because I don't have that energy around anymore, you know what I'm saying. So I was really I was really sad and I had to really when I talked to my therapist about it, I had to open up about stuff that I didn't even know that was buried like that, and to.
Speaker 6: The outside world, that was your moment, like you know, you was having your big break get out, you know.
Speaker 1: But that's what kept me alive though Charlemagne was the art performing kept me alive. Like if I had to deal with what I was truly thinking about myself, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sure you learned this in therapy. They say that, you know, staying busy as a response to trauma.
Speaker 5: That's what I learned. So and I don't I never saw you take a break.
Speaker 1: Nope. Yeah, I mean if you think about that time I was doing, like I mean, look, this is about it, Like I don't get enough credit, Like I'll be looking at it like I was literally talking to I was doing the interview yesterday. I was talking about how I saw one of those pictures with all the comedians on there, you know, like you know these and I'm like, how the hell I'm never owned these lists? Like I to get out, I did like thirty movies. How many stand up comics have done that? Which specials and had a sitcom? So I can't make none of these lists.
Speaker 5: We'll tell me who the list is first.
Speaker 1: Now you know what it is. It's the same people. It's the picture with with the greats on there, Eddie Richard, the King's all those guys, Chris Dave Kevin, Eddie Griffith, I saw Jay Farrell and there they had Gerard on there, Martin. You know the list. But it's like, if you think about it, when you look as totality as a resume, I don't know how many of those guys, even the ones who's great, match it with my resume.
Speaker 3: Why do you feel like they don't put you on the list.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. Sometimes I feel like either either I've made it look really easy because I mean like I'm still a beast on stage, like it ain't like any audience person to come see me, lie, because sometimes I always surprise my audiences because some of them only see me in movies and they be like, damn, you're hysterical. I'm like, yeah, I'm a really good stand up comic.
Speaker 2: Too, is it because sometimes they look at you, possibly as a loner, Like when you see these comedians, you see comedians with each other.
Speaker 3: We always see real by himself.
Speaker 1: I mean, but shit, Eddie Griffin, don't be hanging out with nobody.
Speaker 6: I know that you've been doing it for a long time, but to the general public.
Speaker 5: It hasn't even been ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but think about this, if you truly look at I literally did it in such an old school, like I would at least think my people will at least push because I, like, I came from the chilling circuit. I did it literally step by step. I was on Comic View.
Speaker 2: You know, create people don't remember that.
Speaker 5: But if you didn't a plan.
Speaker 1: But then but that's what I'm saying, like even that, like, but they still put them on these lists, Like I think, honestly, it has to come from the other comedians, right, And I've never from the other comics, Like comics that text me. I have comics that would never tweet or instagram. They love my specials, but they'll text me, And that to me, that's the part of that. Like weird, it is a clickie thing. Some of this stuff is a little clubby, but like I don't know, I think. And also to it's on me a little bit where when I had the heat on me, like like extremely on me, I didn't necessarily want to press for it. And that's because I was in a place where not necessarily just sad. But I don't know, I just didn't feel I didn't want them to see me. That's that's real shit. I didn't want that because I wasn't I didn't like the I didn't like how it felt, even though things was going great, because think about that we get out, dude, I should have been on some magazine covers. I could have did that stuff. I was just like, let the work speak for itself. Let me just stand it back.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Culturally though, like culturally I felt like, you know, that character't get Out was a big deal.
Speaker 1: I've done some culture things like even just being on and secure that's a big culture thing, even like doing movies like Judas in the Black Messiah, like being a part of I've been a part of some really powerful moments, like even when Jay did his four four four album and that and when we did that we did that music video the Black Friends, and it was me eas Like I've been a part of some really cool things. I just never participated in hyping myself up like I should have.
Speaker 6: It is interesting, right, and I'll be having these conversations sometimes, like when I look at like you and Gerard called Michael, y'all had everything right, Like y'all had the sitcoms, the HBO specials, the big movies.
Speaker 5: But then it's still don't.
Speaker 6: Cut through like connect like a eighty five South show or a Duvall or.
Speaker 1: Well that's true and not true. It's just spaces for everything, right. And so like you think about Carmichael Show, that's still a very well loved show, like so many people still talk about it and still like approach me about it. But once again, Girard is kind of like me too. I think until we saw like Gerard, we're seeing I'm coming to his own too. Now he's a lot more open about everything than he's ever been. You know, we saw that by the time we got to Rock Thaniel. You know what I'm saying, That's why he had his moment, That's why he wanted in me. That's why you saw him getting more attention with that. And so I think that might be my season now, to be quite honest with you, cause now I'm like, you know, some like I'm such a nerd as shit. I purposely did everything I did so I could be one of the greatest. I wanted to sit KWN with my name on it on Network TV that all that shit was done on purpose. Even just the way I did the movies, it's based off like what Bernie Mack did. Like if I get one small role, it's like Bernie, I killed any role, Okay, real, make sure even if it's small, be memorable, you know what I'm saying. So, but now I'm in a place now even just like even just having a great PR team I have. Now, this is the most I've ever been. But I feel good, I'm happy, and I believe in myself for real. So maybe I'm comfortable showing people who I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I also think it's like you said, is being seen right if you think of some of the comedians that you name, Yeah, see them all the time. But it's not just see them on billboards. You see them at the game, you see them at these events. You see them all the time, and you picture and you see them all the time. Even in the newspapers. You see them all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I've been participating more. It's so funny because like I did that Jennifer Hudson walked in and came out yesterday and people have been fucking.
Speaker 5: With but that.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. That's a part of I know. But it connect because I feel good though, and be like I'm telling you, I'm really confident and I'm so happy because almost like I feel I'm excited about letting people feel my energy. But at that time I didn't, and almost some of that stuff I didn't know if I felt like I deserved.
Speaker 5: It in pasta syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. I was in a weird place, and I could be honest about that. At the time, I could even admit to that, even when like Gerardine could tell someone was going on and I couldn't articulate it to my friends what was going on yet because I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: I'm about to ask for earlier, do you do a couple of theapees with your fiance.
Speaker 1: We're thinking about it. She thinks we should do it, but let me say this. I think we should do it. But for me, it was like, I want her to go to therapy consistently on her own first, because women love to do this couple of ship but won't work on their personal ship. You know what I mean. So I love therapy, then you should love therapy. And we both consistently going therapy. Cool. We could go talk to somebody together because we know how to do therapy right.
Speaker 3: She has to find the right person for her though as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she had, she's where she who she's talking to now? She she absolutely loves. So we'll find like And it's interesting with couples therapy because I'll be watching like shows like like Shrinking is one of my favorite shows. I love. Damn I love that show. Watch Shrinking. I saw a couple of so good and so like. It's interesting because you know, most couples go to like the pastors, and I don't know, it's interested to find who I couples therapy personally.
Speaker 6: It's what you're saying is interesting because it's hard enough to start seeing yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so when you and your.
Speaker 6: Partner to get together and y'all start feeling back them lazers and you thought one thing and she thinks another, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: You wrong with just you.
Speaker 1: But I mean, but even though we don't go to therapy, we do that a lot and it's been beautiful. Like even one day, I think a couple of weeks ago, she was like, we need to communicate better. I'm like, we're actually doing it. We just not agreeing.
Speaker 5: That's real.
Speaker 1: We talking about it. And I think that's maturity too, being able to have a conversation and not agree, like nobody has to win this when you get.
Speaker 3: Dead, that's good. That's when your relationship is good. Because first couple of years, like I said, most people mind, is you fighting win? You just want to win.
Speaker 2: When you realize now we got two different opinions, all right, let's keep it moving.
Speaker 3: That's that's when you've established them.
Speaker 1: No, it's that's where we're at too, And I actually love that, Like I love the way I don't know man even with that right, like to be legitimately in love and appreciate what love really is and a partner man, that's his next level. I like really appreciate her, you know what I'm saying, Like I love talking to it and not once again, even when we don't agree. It's so interesting because she'll sometimes she'll get really on ten.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, all right, you love it like you love your kids. They always say, they always.
Speaker 6: If you love somebody the way you love your kids and you you're really in love.
Speaker 1: I think your partner is a whole other level of that too, though, because I remember, like when my dad, you know, when my mom passed and just we're trying, we were trying to figure out his pain because he did lou he lost somebody who was his best friend, who he like decided they made that decision together. That's a whole other type of love and relationship. So I just think it's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that you feel like she should get therapy for herself first, Like what are some things that you that you see that she needs to work on, you know, individually before a couple don't get in trouble.
Speaker 6: Nothing.
Speaker 1: No, she's working on She's working on everything. I mean we both are like and I ain't gonna put her personal stuff because we do really talk about it, but she's working on it. Like that's why she goes out there like Danella is so it is crazy. It's really the stuff she's working on is all it's going to do is make her even great her and like for me, I see her and that's one of the things like sometimes when I kind of get on her about things, it's because I see I can see the great dis in her, you know what I'm saying, And like when somebody really see like I mean, honestly, I tell her this all the time. I stopped drinking because I had the right woman. It was something I wanted to do for a long time but I couldn't. I don't know. Whatever, whatever I needed, she was able to provide for me. And it was from this, like I know you want to get better, and I'm not gonna even like poke at you about it. I'm gonna just cover you and pray for you, and man, I'm gonna be there for you and I'm gonna let you know I'm proud of you when you're doing And that's what she did. And I literally just told her that, like it's like one of our weird emotional crime because that's where I'm at too, like the tears come down there, like like some days I wake up and I just be like, I like can't believe. I'm like, you saved me, Like she literally to me, saved my life. Yeah, well I got to go.
Speaker 5: You got to go. But what got you to a place of worthy?
Speaker 1: Mm oh that's a good question. Wow, you know, And that's that at first I didn't feel like it because you know, you go through. It's so funny that happened with the fires too a little bit, where like I kind of felt guilty that I placed it catch fire in a weird way because I felt bad for everybody, like people lost everything. I'm like, dang, why do I feel guilty about being kind of blessed in a way because it didn't happen to me. But it's the same thing. It was, like, you know, when I felt when I felt worthy for real, Charlotte Mane, it was really here we yo. It was one of the therapy sessions, right, And I remember my therapist was I was trying to explain to I don't know what I was saying to maybe acting like I didn't deserve some of the stuff. I couldn't understand why. And that's when we started doing that exercise to talk to little me, you know what I mean, Like, yo to the kid who had the dream, who was on the West side of Chicago watching the TV right like, dang, I wish I could, Like it didn't seem realistic. Like even when we say Hollywood from where I live, I'm like, what is that a real place? It felt like os But then like she was like, talk to little you, because you actually did it. And so that's when I had that moment like oh shit, I went back and told little me, like, dude, we made it. We made it in that movie theater where like you, you would sit there for hours and watch back to bad movies, cause it was just taking you, you know, away from whatever you you made it inside the TV like you and the thing you're You're part of this beautiful, great up dream you had and you worthy of it, like you earned it fan, and I was like, damn. And that's really when I felt worthy. And that's why, like I love that, you know, one of the biggest compliments I do get more than anything. It's like, dude, you just seem happy and I'm like, yeah, I'm so comfortable and just even though not just being real, Like even my relationship with God is on the whole other level, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's just the conversations I have with God now, be so honest. Yeah, and so like lately, I'll say it again, like this's probably been the most emotional I've ever been in my life. I just wake up sometimes with a new praise every single day, and I'm loving what I do more now, even just like you know, promoting dog Man and I'm like, Wow, I'm in this animated movie that's one of those big movies, and I get a chance for a book that the voice has never existed and the first time a kid hears Chief talk, it's me. That's so cool. I'm like, I'm literally enjoying every aspect of this now more than I ever have.
Speaker 5: Gratitude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should got to go guys.
Speaker 2: It man absolutely Manral, ladies and gentlemen, make sure you check out dog Man in theaters now.
Speaker 3: And it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Wake that ass up Earth in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club