Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys world headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, HECKM. Harrison, de Montrey Moore, and newist Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, it is time for the Player's Lounge. Welcome in here to the Star in Fresco, SWBC podcast Studios in Frisco, Texas, national headquarters of Dallas Cowboys. Here. Heck Harrison is here. Trey Moore for Dallas Cowboy is here. I am new he Scruggs. The show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Free agency is going on here and the Cowboys have been very active. So I'll start with you.
Speaker 4: HEC.
Speaker 3: Harrison. Are you happy with what you've seen so far? Early? I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not, and I think that we were going to make some moves. I felt like we were.
Speaker 3: I was new.
Speaker 4: Y'all was looking for like the rest of the Cowboy Nation, I'm looking for game changers, and I didn't. The selective aggressiveness is that the word?
Speaker 3: Is it? Selective? Okay? Selective?
Speaker 4: Aggressive and trying to decipher what that actually meant. I think I'm getting the definition. We're going to bring in guys that are going to be rotational pieces here early, and it's early. I understand that you still got a long way to go, right, but I'm still looking at this team and saying, Okay, based off of your overall needs, you haven't hit the free agent market strong enough to get those guys that I believe, Okay, as a defensive lineman, the offensive guard, or these guys are going to be difference makers for this team. They're going to be the cog in the wheel that's actually going to get you to that next level. And that's what we've been looking for. That's what we've been asking for at least so no so far. I think if I was going to grade where we are right now, I would go see minus Trey Man man he came in hot.
Speaker 5: Honestly I would probably I wouldn't be as crucial. I would say it's about maybe a C plus B right now. For me, being a journeyman, it hits it hits home for me when you you're coming in and people are saying, oh, that wasn't the big name guy like some of these guys that you bringing in are pretty their quality pieces. They've shown at different times that they can make plays. You know, you got Solomon Thomas coming in. I'm biased, you know I played with him, hard working guy, coming home, playing for the hometown, being of.
Speaker 3: A Cockpel cowboy, now Dallas cowboy.
Speaker 5: I think that can light a new spark behind you because we got to remember that this guy was the first round pick. He's been on, he's been to Super Bowls, he's gotten the big bag. So this guy can transform into somebody. And then as far as the running backs situation, we all y'all know how I feel about that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it was It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't it wasn't the big It wasn't a big splash. It's funny because I looked up that the Cowboys haven't brought in anybody and paid them outside of the house since Greg Hardy. And so it's like, man like, when you think about these numbers, you got to go pay to get that quality in. So for you to go get the running back that you got, it's like, hold on you bringing a guy that had less than a thousand yards and you let go a thousand yard running back this in house like talent like that for what three million dollars shorter and you have the production, So I guess it balances out. But for me, it's like, when you don't have that many key opponents, why let these people leave the building. And then two, like you said, if we're gonna let these people leave the building, I'm expecting you to bring in somebody and make that big splash. And this big splash did not happen. Every team Every year they have to have that big splash, whether it's in free agency or whether it's in the draft. And so I don't want to sit here and say, oh, we're waiting or this and that. They added certain pieces, like it's still late. There are still some big name players that are out there that maybe you can go spend for, but historically speaking, it hasn't shown that. So if it ends here and it goes on that same path, yeah, I'm a little upset.
Speaker 3: And it's like, oh, it's like lust.
Speaker 5: They're like for the Cowboys where they want to be for all the hype that's behind it being America's team.
Speaker 3: Where's America's player?
Speaker 5: You didn't bring them in and then you haven't paid America's player and Michael Parson and that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, just adding that tibbot in there.
Speaker 5: So it's like, hold on, I'm trying to be graceful and say, hey, maybe they haven't went out and paid somebody that big bag because they're aware they're gonna have to pay Michael. And then if they keep waiting the way that they're waiting, all these guys, Miles Garrett, all these other guys that keep raising that bar to where you didn't have to give them that much to now that bag is getting hirged. So maybe you can't make that splash and free agency. So I'm trying to be patient on it. But right now C plus maybe be minus because you did add in an offensive guard. You did add in some more rotational pieces as far as d Lineman, you got your you gotta running back right now. You still got other things you need to address in the draft. But yeah, it's a little lackluster right now.
Speaker 3: Me make sure I get this trait listening to you too, y'all. Greg Hardy in twenty fifteen was the last time they went out there and made his flash. Yeah, ten years and you expected it to change this year this year? No, No, I'm not. Why why why I'm not?
Speaker 5: Why would you you wouldn't because, like you said, we see how that situation went, and it's like, ah, I got this is who they are, right, and that is who they are.
Speaker 3: They are right. But you got decade, deca now know you we're going shopping kids, they drive past that mall?
Speaker 5: What then you can pass the mall? You go past Big T Where are we going? Hold on, we're going to the discount outlet. Man, you get some stuff over the warehouse. You're going past Burlin warehouse. But you got to look for it. You got to it's bargain shopping and you better be looking. And you could find some good pieces in the bargain shopping. But you can't get everything from the bargain shop. You gotta get that one focal piece. When you dress, it's like, okay, cheap the chief shirt, but hey, my necklace is going to be that.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, my watch is going to be that.
Speaker 5: Thecessory piece, like where's thecessory piece for the cowboys?
Speaker 3: Is where I'm asking. But we know they're not going in free agency the first week and signing a name. We got a decade now, now, hard, we got a decade. Now, don't look for that. What they will do is what, let's find complimentary pieces guys can fit here. I will say this if I'm Mike McCarthy, m senior, can I had some of this last year. A couple of pieces last year helped me out. I'm not it's going to be the second week if they go and find a quote unquote name that you're familiar with to say, hey, maybe this guy can do something here or there. As far as the running back goes here, Rico Donald going to Carolina for basically the same money that Javonte Williams got. Here's what I will would love to know. Where were those Where were they at in the negotiation? Where was ricoing? Where were they at that they decided to say, you know what, man Rico, thank you, thank you, We're going to go over here to Javonte Williams, who is also a better third down back in terms of catching the football. I think all three of us are in agreement that the first two days a running back needs to be.
Speaker 5: Selected, of course, of course without a doubt.
Speaker 3: And I'm a I'm thinking and if we kind of go with what we've seen with backs drafted that high this should probably be your RB one. So RB one out of the draft. Javonte Williams third down back coming in here? Can I live with that? I can live with that. You covered Ashton Genty, you want to tell me it's Ashton Genty, and then I got Javonte Williams here coming on the third. Would you would that upset you?
Speaker 4: Well, Ashton Gensey will be the starter and they would be RB one and Williams would be RB two. I wouldn't have a problem with it. And I think when you asked the question about what happened in the Rico Dowble negotiations, I think the negotiation was only only went as far as we were thirty second in the league in rushing touchdowns. So the script, the narrative wrote itself, there's nothing more to add. And here's the thing. When you take a running back like Saquon Barkley and you put him when he was with the Giants, and he runs for eleven hundred yards in the Giants offense, then your quarterback with no quarterback and b minus offensive line.
Speaker 3: But then I'm sorry, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: But then you take him and you send him over to Philly, and now he's a two thousand yard rusher.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Let's take Rico Dawdle in this offense. Last year ran for one thousand yards. Okay, that is documented even with the lack of touchdowns, that his ability to hit paydir Javonte Williams. You put Javonte Williams in this offense, he scored four touchdowns last year. Would he would he have more success in this offense. If we're talking about offensive line, I think we're going to give our offensive line plus se minus and them.
Speaker 3: But I always talking about now, okay, either way.
Speaker 4: Either way, what I'm saying is you could take running backs all around the league and put them in different offenses and they will have success. All Right, I'm saying to you, Look, I just think that Javonte Williams is a better running back based off just based off of what I've seen from him. The way that he attacks holes, the way I mean just on third down. Those are different things that we did not get from Rico. And I don't want to be I don't want to have recency bias. I don't want to see a guy after the fact that go, oh, he's valuable to us. We should have kept held on to him. No, we need game changes. And there were plenty of games Montre that we went through. We watched and it was like, damn, if we just had a halfway serviceable running back, that could be the difference in this game, playoff games the same.
Speaker 5: This is true, And I'm not defending letting Rico go because, like I said, you can always get better. You can go find those guys that are undrafted, free agent fish round pick that are out there doing it and that are coming in to be starters. But the good teams, the teams that I've been a part of, we all know that yes, you have your your star power guy, but then you have that second guy, but then you.
Speaker 3: Got to have depth.
Speaker 5: Why not you you're telling me you couldn't have both of them on that on that you couldn't have Rico and bring in uh him to know.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 4: And the reason I'm saying it is because I think you were going to go into this draft and you were going to get a running back anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes you do. But that's heckman. And I are sitting here like the RB one is going to come day one or day two. Oh no, and you. You played in the league, so you know that's probably one of the easiest positions to come in as a rookie.
Speaker 5: And b a like. It definitely is, And so that's why I said, I'm not really tripping about that. When I was alluding to letting stars go. I'm talking about more so Jordan Lewis, like we letting him go.
Speaker 3: But just the words you just use start star, what what what? Rushing down star one rushing touchdown? Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: That's why I said with the reasoning I would have personally, if I can keep them here, and I could have low bought them or maybe gave him five mil er four mil and been like, hey you stay here. I'm like, hey four hey man, I'm gonna have a competition. You got to make it out of training camp, get airline? How many how many times? Well, I mean, I'm just saying, how many times have you paid somebody and then they not make it out of the training camp? Like I would have brought them. I personally, I would have just brought them back in. But that's why I don't get paid the big bucks.
Speaker 3: This is another thing that we have to also and it gets not confuter. It just gets lost at times. Mike McCarthy wasn't trying to run, No, not at all. Schottenheimer's trying to run. And then when I think about running and you're a you were former defensive lineman, Javonte Williams is going to be a different type of look versus most likely what you're going to take at RB one. So the ability to bring in more let's just say it's gent more of a Brahma bull kind of guy. Then Javonta Williams a little different, especially on the third down package. If I'm shoddy, I'm trying to run the ball, but also give you a couple of different looks as I'm doing it, which is what Skip Pete always loved to have when he was here, when you had Zeke Elliott, and then you have Tony Pollard, he and you know, and even in what they do in Tampa, and then what Skip Pete was doing with Oakland, I thought, and I still think that's a good way to go about your running game. But Schottenheimer is going to be different. And when I look at ric o'dowdell, what does Rico bring you to tell? You know? And you what's he doing? Nothing? Nothing? So now he's a jag. He's just a guy. And and that's why I said, what was the conversation like, because just a guy should have signed for just some gags exactly, And that's why I'm trying to figure out. Now it's real.
Speaker 4: No, and listen, I'm not absolutely not firing any shots of guys. This is about making the Dallas Cowboys better. We are underachieving, and if we keep sitting here and saying to ourselves that these C minus guys are going to get us eight plus results, then we're fooling ourselves. And I'm not about fooling myself anymore. That's all I'm saying. You're talking about what Skip Skip Pete's philosophy is having a change of pace running back. So to me, I'm hey, William says to me, I'm your third down guy. So whoever you get in the draft, he's gonna be your slasher. He's gonna be your guy that's gonna get up in there, and he's gonna be your game breaker. We didn't get any game breakers in free agency to me, and that leads up to the draft being the end all, to be all, and I just having trusted the draft in the last couple of years of bringing in that end all, the be.
Speaker 3: All type of guy, Michael Parson.
Speaker 4: That was I mean that guy fail to you, you, and he failed, he failed to you, just like Seed Lamb fail to you. And it's almost impossible to make a bad decision when a guy falls to you. So well, look at the teams who didn't take them exactly, the teams who passed.
Speaker 3: I mean the teams who passed on Michael, the teams who on CD.
Speaker 4: They are slapping themselves. They are slapping themselves because they they made a mistake. Let's not I'm not sitting here acting like teams don't make mistakes Draft night Now we're the only ones to do it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, this is documented, all right.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, when you get a situation where you have a player that good and if hey at twelve, if you have the kid from Penn State fall to fall to twelve, go get them. Okay, you get one of my offensive linemen fall to you as well, Go get them. I mean, because that's just fortune being on your side.
Speaker 3: And I think that's also by plugging some of the holes that they plugged, you're allowing yourself at twelve to have several lives. And that's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't want to be as harsh as say that they're a C plus or B because those you added coggs, You added cogs and you fix like these little small knees. Now, it gives you alleviate some of that pain and that pressure to say, Okay, we got to go over here and do this, we can do this. We could take our time and make that right decision. So with free agency still going on, there's still chances and there's still some big name out there, guys out there that you can go get and you add to the offense or defense. And then therefore, once you go there, you're gonna kind of see going to get closer to the draft, Like, okay, now that we do to fix those pieces in free agency.
Speaker 3: We know where we're going. We're either going to running back or linebacker.
Speaker 4: I just want to say this that the moves and I'm saying Solomon Thomas is solid and I saw the signing as a rotational piece the linebackers that they bought in the guy from Chicago saying, man, I think he's been a part of eba Flus's defense. So that makes sense. That's like Eric Kendricks last year with Mike Zimmer. You bring in a guy that already knows Kenneth Murray Junior. I think that's a solid signing, right He is a guy that can give you some depth and some pieces there. But I haven't seen like when we're If you're not on, I don't care who you are. I don't care if you played in the league. I don't care if you got Emmys.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: If you're going into this season with the Dallas Cowboys and you're not saying that the Cowboys need offensive defensive line help, then you're not seeing what the NFC is all about right now. NFC East is all about right now because teams like New York, Hey, New York, The New York Giants got better on defense, The Washington Commanders got better on defense, the fifth Hey, the World.
Speaker 3: Champs are better.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if we're not talking about offensive defensive line, because those are the weakest parts of your team right now.
Speaker 3: Let's hit the brake when we come back. The Cowboys have said goodbye to Tank Lawrence. How do we feel about it? And what's next? We may have different reactions about this. About next with Trey Moore Heck Harrison News. This is the player's lounchbot to by Aristocrat game on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spice Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume, Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 6: Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day. Canes rules and Cane's chicken fingers One love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys Girl Flag Football League is here with nearly one hundred participants. With nearly one hundred participating high schools, The Cowboys are thrilled to provide opportunities for athletes to develop their talent and foster the growth of girls flag football in the state of Texas. Find teams, view schedules, and learn more at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Girls Flag Sport over Texas Wesleyan. Yes, it is a sport, so collegiate sports.
Speaker 4: So Danny McCrae. Danny McCrae is leading the spearhead in. That man that's awesome used to be a member here of the players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Danny McCrae. Yes, Yes, they were actively searching for Cowboys. Another person they had interviewed for the job on that too, so so black. Danny's got that, and uh, good luck to himself. I guess. I mean we're gonna have to take the cameras on out there and go go go, go check him out, get something with Danny's It's some extra pressure over there, yes, and then getting after the LSU Tigers.
Speaker 4: Wow is that that is. It's always a shot fire Danny. You cut Danny open, baby.
Speaker 3: As you Tiger, he is dying hard. When you win national championship. Should be appreciation. Brother, I'm sure they offered you. No they didn't.
Speaker 5: I wish they started talking to me and they had Mike Davis and then all of a sudden, I was already committed to the A M though, so but I did secretly. I was like, oh, just just knocking my door a little bit harder and we can have a conversation. But they knew I was maroon now, baby. The best thing smoking we was out there rolling.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 5: You see what happened the first year in the s cecy boy, they got us little kiddy Paul.
Speaker 3: Hear that. Leave it alone, dudes, just come on with you next time. What you said, we talking about other people right now? School alone. We're doing good. Ladyslams brought to you by the Game. Yes, yes, that's he is Trey More for his A and m Aggie Proud Giant and Dallas Cowboys. My man, I am new. He scrugs, so hec Harrison. Yes, sir, how we feeling now that Tank Lawrence is a member of the Seattle Seahawks three years, forty two million dollars for an older football player on the wrong side of thirty.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, let me just say Marcus Lawrence, the Marcus Lawren's out of Boise stage literally gave us everything for the Dallas Cowboys. I mean, and a guy that I credit coach leon Let for developing him making turning him into the player that he is, and he ended up being great at stopping the run. Gave us a lot of years man. And I know a lot of times when guys leave, it's easy to throw shade or say what what they were were not right. I'm just gonna say he was a great player, a great leader on and off the field, and hate to see him go. But at thirty two years old to get a fourteen eighteen million dollar bag for one year, I think that is incredible, and that is incredible and there are a lot of players that have played this game that are jealous about that bag. Right now, out yourself, I'm gonna tell you, I'm a speak I'm a standover.
Speaker 5: I'm thirty two, and I'm sitting over here like I look good. I might even go out here and tell the EA right that way, let me let me talk to you. But that's another topic for another day. But exactly, but go ahead keep finishing.
Speaker 3: No man, I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: He did his thing, he got paid and shout out to the to the Lawrence family, and it's one of those players, man you hate to see leave and hope that he has success.
Speaker 5: Definitely, I'm gonna piggyback off of that. As far as like the player and the person, Hey shout out to my boy D law Hey, hot boys all there. As a player, you love when you see players get paid, especially at this age. Now, whoever his agent is, hats off to them. You went in there with no ski mask and said, hey, drop out right now.
Speaker 3: It was a for D law He won Seattle.
Speaker 5: I think it was definitely a reach as far as the age range and stuff like that. But as far as what he has done for the Cowboys organization, don't be surprised if you don't see Tank Lawren's name and the ring of Honor because of what he was able to do. Him being somebody that you brought in your own talent. You can put your hand on your face all you want to knew, Like as a run stopper. He's been that focal piece for them like he has been. He's made what he's made, he's made those.
Speaker 4: He's made things. But Ringavon, that's rich Rick, It's rich rich.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 5: You don't think he's gonna be one of those old guys later on you get that phone call and be like a.
Speaker 3: Tank for what people do it all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I'm all right, maybe okay, maybe I'm maybe all right, maybe I'm reach It's okay.
Speaker 3: How long has he been here? How long has he been here? So somebody put on social media and double it a few times? I hit back. They said that Tank was the most underrated cowboy in history, and you've now talked about Cowboy Ring of Honor? Yeah, do you realize what they what the criteria is to get in there and who's in it? Okay, I'm sorry, I apologize. Super Bowl champions Hall of Famers, those are the people that go into the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Okay, now, no, no, no, no, no apology needed because because this is this is my ability, because you're a young guy. You're a young guy. Please where me back into Hechmanni's time watching the Cowboys. The most underrated Dallas cowboy and he, oh, by the way, is not in the Ring of Honor and should be is the beautiful Harvey Martin. Harvey Martin was a Defensive Player of the Year nineteen seventy seven three. He was also co MVP of Super Bowl twelve along with the great legendary Randy White. When I think of Hall of Fame and he's got over a hundred sacks in his career, that is a player who should be. I can't imagine another organization outside of this one that would not have put Harvey Martin already into their Ring of Honor for a career like that. Tank Lawrence had a good career. The problem of not doing anything significant in the last thirty years is people start using the words like legend, as I saw many times with disappointed Cowboy fans with Tank Lawrence leaving. Tank Lawrence was a good football player. He was a part of these teams who won nothing. He was a part of these teams that teased us that never got over the hump. It was the Yoda do or do not? There is no try group thirty two years old. Congratulations to you and your agents forgetting this deal. But the problem I have with this is Jerry through the years has gone out of his way to pay this type of player when at a certain point in time you need to move on. Once again, you're young, But there was a gentleman here play left tackle for many years named Flosel Adams. Probably stay ain't about three or four years too long because they were afraid to look forward. Remember, don't do me like that. And when Flow left they were forced and they drafted Tyron Smith, who is a guy you want to talk about, potential Hall of Famer. He's got that type of resume that could be that you could think about in those terms. TI knees a gold jacket. I don't care what he'll be in the conversation. You know, when they sit around here and discuss who's in the Hall of Fame, they'll have a conversation for Tyres. There will be no conversation for taking once once once again.
Speaker 5: After you just gave me a nice BTA session, I apologize and only only and but I'm also going to defend what I said. Hey, I was wrong, But with me being younger and stuff like that, we all can admit that the Cowboy is their organization that goes off of the media, the outside noise, what's going out there. And so with that being said, for Tank in this error to do the things that he done, to play here for as long as he did, to get the bag that he did and be a fan favorite, I think that now knowing who's not in there and they could be in there, Yes, of course he should not be in there, but I think that, like you said, the fan base will be sitting there saying, legendary, this is one of our guys. In the last thirty years, we haven't had anything to be proud of. So we're proud of developing him as a player. We're proud of him always representing the Cowboys, having those legendary moments of sitting there saying, hey, real talk, being unapologetically him bringing back that old cowboy era feeling of hey, we're the bad boy. What did he say to the media one day, Hey real talk, y'all don't know, but I'll slap all y'all like, don't Having those iconic moments are going to push the fan base to say, hey, push them in there.
Speaker 3: Now. We all know that the Jones.
Speaker 5: Family don't budge when they don't want to budge, like just because you bark at them and doing all that. But I'm saying that they will put that pressure on there. So from that standpoint, I was coming from there. I was coming from him playing for a long time and being a good guy.
Speaker 4: But after the criteria, the criteria, you're right right, super Bowls in his hall of fame. That's the only way you make it. And for me, it's his leadership. It's the kind of guy I look at guys like this. You know, there's so many of these guys over the years that have been menaces outside of the building that hasn't been him. He's been a family man, he's taking care of his business. He's been in a community, active activists. He's done a lot of great things leadership wise, He's led the charge on you know, every time the Cowboys a problem with Micah, with up the guys, with showing them how to be pros in this league.
Speaker 3: And that's what I applaud for him.
Speaker 4: Okay, And to see him again his agent, the people involved Seattle to say that hey, maybe there's still some juice on the vine. Let's go ahead and bring him in the eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 3: That is a lot.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I applaud any player at this point in time in their career that's able to go out and get a bag.
Speaker 5: And now that we applauded him, gave him a flower, let's talk about stat wise. Do you think that he deserved that bag and do you think that he's going to live up to that bag?
Speaker 4: I think, coming off of the injuries that he's had, if he look Okay, let me just say like this, the NFC West is a weaker division with San Francisco moving on the way that they have, and so I think he'll have some success in the NFC West.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's what I think. I think.
Speaker 4: I think Tank, if he's healthy, he could come in and he can have some Don't don't you go to they just saying to you that, hey, he can start the season off.
Speaker 3: That's literally all you do that you're gonna go around the way he's waltson what you're doing. I don't know, you have sweet feet like gonna do that? You know she's smart and then she she just says some funny things. Boy, she comes into a room and lights it up all the time. People really like her all right out there. So yeah, man, he could have some success. Shout out the thing paid so long, sir, farewell.
Speaker 5: But now we got to talk about who is coming in, who's going to replace that.
Speaker 3: What you've got now is you have the first thing. And this is what they do is they're looking inside. Okay, you've got Marshall Neeland who they drafted, you're number two, and then you're gonna have Sam Williams coming back, so they're going to look there. And then of course you have the ability to go into the draft as well. So this is where as they or to look down the road at twelve, what do they do? They could you know, and we don't talk about it. They may decide this year we'll move up.
Speaker 5: I was just about to say, do you think they will move Do you think that there's a chance to whar the Cowboys will move up and say, hey, this is our guy.
Speaker 3: Like if you're going to be selectively aggressive this year and you think that there's a particular player that either Schottenheimer says can help my offense, which will help my defense or vice versa, that could happen, or we could see them be as smart as they were with Michael Parsons when they traded down two slots and say, hey, look you know what, we know somebody's gonna come up to take our spot. It was Philadelphia who wanted the receiver, and it worked out perfect for Philly, and that Philly got a receiver who helped win the Super Bowl. Dallas ended up dropping down and got themselves a fantastic player in Michael Parsons, so they could do that too, to be in a situation where hey, we can play with this thing a little bit and add But saying goodbye to Tank Lawrence, to me, is just one of the moves you have to At thirty two years years old, he gets to reunite with eight and Dirty in Seattle. Maybe they're going to have a different plant. But right now that if you'd have brought him back to do what he used to do here at thirty two years old, the injuries, I say no.
Speaker 4: My biggest question to you Knew is do you think that was two years too late?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that right after the break question with Het Maharrison, Trey Moore, I'm new. We scrugs. This is players lines bought you by Ristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 1: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 8: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yeddy French Press and joor Kalber this Day's hot for hours and French Press thirty four for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproof some wherst Wa waterproof, Doubl's Waterprove bay bag sports most of the water should get a waterprove Yetti bag, glot smell something cooking po new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipe. You take a steak, cornback, commerce pot pine and potatoes next over well three sizes of the Yetty cast iron.
Speaker 9: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 2: Today life is a workout. Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Ken.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Hey Cowboy fans.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win slides for the first down. Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The PBR World Finals are returning to AT and T Stadium. It All starts on May sixteenth with Kid Rocks Rock In Rodeo. Then May seventeenth and eighteenth, the final list compete in the twenty twenty five PBR Championship.
Speaker 3: Let's Rock and Ride.
Speaker 4: Tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: He mahers, thank you very much. Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Okay, man, I wasn't gonna say nothing about it, bro, that's all gravy?
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that leather?
Speaker 4: No it's not, it's not. No no no, it looks leather from it's sway looks good.
Speaker 3: Cowskin looks good, looks good.
Speaker 5: Ever no no, no, no, no no no okay, leathers, leathers, smooth rubbery. Okay, you see you see the you see the fur.
Speaker 3: It's nice. Did you come in on.
Speaker 5: The Harley what about you don't do that now.
Speaker 4: I got on my I got on my first grade teacher cowboy sweater today.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, it's ventus though, thank you. Hey man, I just want to be like you.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to do something when you had a questions noted bullying.
Speaker 3: I know I messed up with the ring on her comment.
Speaker 10: Guy, We just we just y'all, we just checked, just a little check. Now it's like, let just get messed up just like that. W hold on, hold hold on.
Speaker 5: But what you did was going to be w w E. Y'all just hit the Dudly brothers. You told him get the table.
Speaker 3: Next thing you.
Speaker 4: Climbing up and he's climbing up, and he said, I'm gonna just give you idea. I did the Homo Simpsons. I just disappeared into the shrubs. Then already pin me is once we come back from break, you give me another kick.
Speaker 3: Like it really wasn't about you. It was really more my my social media engagement with a guy who said, you know, when he said Tank was the most underrated cowboy in history, that was like no, no, no, once again, definitely, and I attribute to say youngster youngsters who don't remember the beautiful heart on art, don't group all of us together. And and but I'm just saying that was that was more. It was, it was more for that. Hey, whoever said that, don't ever say that again.
Speaker 4: Remember Harvey Martin, Yesui gonna come for you, boy, Remember Harvey get bt a sessions like that?
Speaker 3: No more. Here's what I said, Lord help him if they con draft into the Harvey park, if you had another.
Speaker 11: Harvey, Oh boy boy boy like great Iba, Flus would get another head coaching job because he'd get a guy like that who's that dominant on the defensive line.
Speaker 3: But heck, you had a question.
Speaker 4: My question was is that for many people with the injuries and everything, and they signed a deal with the Cowboys two years ago, I believe was it two years too late for letting go or releasing DeMarcus Lawrence?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, And I go back before. This has been an issue for Jerry Jones as a general manager. He's held on the guys too long. And you know, I mentioned Flozell Adams who flows Al Adams coming out of Michigan State and the second round. Flozel had a really really good career, but toward the end, Jerry just kept holding on and the job of a general manager and they had old baseball term, better to let them go a year too early than a year too late. Bill Belichick's your classic example. If a head coach would let a guy go too early, I mean Tom Brady being one of them, and they will ask you better than two years too late, because now two years too late, you've spent money, You've you've attached to capital to it, especially now with the way the salary cat works. And you look at Ezekiel Elliott when they ended up cutting them and the money. I mean, people forget they were paying twice last year on Zeke. You were paying more money under dead cat money because you cut him. Then you paid him the actual salary money because when they cut him two years ago, they had the dead cap space that they spread out. And so yes, this has been the issue because the general manager, who's also the owner, has become affinity and a like to the player. Your GM's got to be cutthroat. Your geam's got to see the glass of water, say, boy, that thing is dirty. We need to clean it out. And it may be a crack in the glass. Your general that's what your general managing, your owner needs to be to do. Hey, man, you know what, that's half full. I like that water. I think it's gonna taste fine, Fans gonna like it. But when you the same guy you can compete against, yeah, who wins out. The owner usually went out of course over the general manager because he knows the team and he may like to play. And then the smart cowboy players go right up to the exactly.
Speaker 4: That's that's been the history. That's been the history with ownership, and I think for years people are documented that, you know, owner general manager Jerry Jones becomes enamored with certain players and they may hold on too long.
Speaker 3: This I just felt.
Speaker 4: I just felt like at the point in time where Tank Lawrence was in his career, you kind of felt like you could have gotten more out of him during those two years, and then the foot injury obviously sidelines everything. Now the Zeke example is that's an example of another bad decision bringing back a player that was now a shadow of himself. And there was no way to know that other than you make that bad decision. You bring and you recognize he ain't what he used to be.
Speaker 3: I mean, he wasn't what he used to be when he was here.
Speaker 5: So if you're being if you're being completely honest, you're you're living on that sword and you're dying on that sword. Like I love it. As a player, you would love it when you meet those owners that you say, hey, you got my back and you're gonna keep me here. But as a fan, as somebody that wants stat production, you hate it because, like you said, your job to be a GM is to be cutthroat, like you want to let him go early and still get some bang for your buck to where it's like, hey, if you would have let Tank go earlier, two years earlier, you possibly could have got a first round for him. You possibly could have got second, third round, somebody to pick up that capital, and then you go over there spread that money out and then have some high bap picks. But now it's like you let him go for tools of fuels and somebody else paid him a big bag, so it's like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Go back to Zeke. The thing about Zeke at the end of the first tenure was you once you decided to bring in Mike McCarthy as the head coach, a guy who was a passing guy who never really hit the Yes, the per contract was it wasn't the same because what do we see the best of him twenty plus carries. That's not what Mike McCarthy was trying to do, and so that was in some ways, I have a sympathy for Zeke in terms of people, oh man, you're not this, you're not that. But the game changed once you brought in Mike McCarthy. His value went down, and then we saw him as a player dip down too. So you got two things happening. One, you're paying a guy to do something that they're not going to ask him to do anymore. Too, the talent level just went down because you're as a running back, you only have so many hits in the body. And he just wasn't the player he used to be, So now it just turns out to be a whole tough thing. And now people are killing him personally and not always looking at the whole thing. Yes, your game has gone down, but oh, by the way, the head coach is not one of them. Now.
Speaker 4: Now here's the thing. At the version of Zeke that Mike inherited wasn't the Zeke that was on the down side of his career.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're still I think till at the end with his last last year, the last two years he was there and so you weren't. You weren't. I don't think you were on the show then. But they Barry used to call him a fullback, okay, And you said he sounds like, yeah, he'd gained weight. He wasn't. He wasn't what he used to be. And Danny was right there in terms of.
Speaker 4: They in twenty twenty he was, though in twenty twenty he was. He was more of a I mean, I understand this.
Speaker 3: This after this was this was the feeling of the show at the time. They wasn't. He wasn't what he used to be, okay, And the head coach came in here. Obviously it was a disastrous year with Mike Nolan. The whole thing just it just wasn't what it used to be. And then on Skip left it was really bad because now remember Tony Poler started coming up. Remember that Tony Zeke's last two years, it was clear Tony was the better player, and then they were doing well, he's a star running back and that kind of thing. But Tony was the better player. But they were trying to respect Ezekiel Elliott what he which, which spits in the face all day long. And when we talk about competition, yeah we talking about the best guy playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's ever the bag gonna play. I don't care what nobody say.
Speaker 5: There's very few organizations that have that mantra, that competition is gonna play. And those guys that have that mantra and really believe in that philosophy are your champion winning organizations. Other people have the they say competition and stuff like that, but let's be realistic.
Speaker 3: It is the bag. If I pay you this money, I'm expecting you to play.
Speaker 5: And then not only that, they're gonna live and down that where it say, ah, maybe he's gonna show us what he was like whoever decided to give them the bag? Where there's owner GM, not talking about just the Cowboys, everybody. They're gonna try to make that decision right. And that is what we've seen is Ezekiel Elliott. They tried to make that decision right and it wasn't right. Not only the players, the guys that were talking about it that were on the show, but most of the players around the league felt that sentiment he is. He was a fragment of itself. He was still leading the league in fumbles before then before he got paid. It after he got paid, he was one of the highest fumbling guys there. And then after he got paid. Like you said, the mini fridge came in to him. It wasn't explosive and on getting out of there, and you have horsepower. Now you have the Pony Express when you bring that miniature pony in there and you say, Mommy, I want a horse, and then you say, oh, I think I'm about to get a Cloudsdale coming through here. The Coca Cola horses coming through there, and then all of a sudden you pull up with the circus mini pony.
Speaker 3: You're like, yo, what is this? And now you.
Speaker 5: Think that this is going to transform. This is not Cinderella. They should have my bad. I'm sorry of getting off the rail. It wasn't a Cinderella moment. You should have let it go. And then even when you had that bag, you should have traded him or did something else and realized where it was at because he was not there.
Speaker 3: Get ready to get out of here. Thoughts on Cooper Cup the Rams letting him go he'll be a free agent. He's had family members who've been Cowboy part of the Cowboy organizations. Players go ahead. I think.
Speaker 5: I feel like my thoughts are going to be like X when he sit there and say, hey, what are we doing with bringing in all these cog pieces and stuff like that. But also in the same regard, Cooper Cup has proven that he can make the plays. He's proven to be a good quality piece in the locker room and being a VET. And you don't need somebody to come in here and be that number one guy when you have CD Lamb, but you also need to have a guy that has that power.
Speaker 3: And yes, does he have that power? But is he still there?
Speaker 5: So I'm a little I'm a little on the fence like, yeah, I'm glad you got the connection here in the family base and you have the former stardom. But I think there's better quality receivers that you possibly can go out there and reach for.
Speaker 3: But we'll see when win healthy.
Speaker 4: Cooper Cup is one of the best wide receivers in the league. Yes, when healthy, And that's the biggest question. I mean, we were just talking about a guy in Tank Lawrence, when what was the cap win to get to move on. And it looks like the Rams have come to the conclusion with a guy that obviously was a couple of years ago two thousand yard receiver to move on from that pooking the coup is showing what he has and now they bring in Davonte Adams. Look, I'm just gonna say it straight up, the Cowboys have to make a move to get a solidified number two wide receiver in the building with CD. You have to you have to get him some help, whether you get it in the draft or whether you get it in free agency. You have to make a move to open this offense up. Because last year showed you man, you were Hams. You were You were handcuffed by the fact that teams could double team your star wide receiver. So do you think Cooper is that guy? You didn't say that. He danced around the question. Do you win healthy? Win healthy win healthy? But what do you think you're getting right now in Cooper Cup?
Speaker 3: I don't know. And that's the and that's the minds are the same. Added added to this caveat if you could give him basically your branding cook salary of ten million dollars, but you paid him last year.
Speaker 4: I think it could be a better branding cook. Yes, absolutely, I think so for sure.
Speaker 3: And that's how I see it. I see you if you could get Cooper Cuff at ten eleven million dollars a year, Oh, still him over there with Ceedee Lamb and and a trusted type of player for Dak Prescott out.
Speaker 4: There, because what do we what do we need Cooper Cup to do? We need him. We need him to be move the chains. Yes, we need to be a possession receiver and we need him to be solid in red zone and one on one coverage. He's what he'll get, and I think he will. But the only thing is, I don't want to see you overpay for him. I don't want it to be a Tanglorean situation where you go out here and give him all this bread and.
Speaker 3: Then you're sitting here the same thing. You don't think, Well, no, I don't think it's gonna be. It's gonna be. We gotta get out of here. Try good stuff. Heck, good stuff. Chris being everybody here Dallas Cowboy dot com, we appreciate your new reschedule out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football club,