Speaker 1: Hey, fam, Before we get back to the show, I have some major news to tell you. For over a year, I've been building a brand new app called Button Plus spelled bttn. So if you love our shows like Miles the Brave, Pixel Quest or Critter Protectors Parents, You're gonna need to download our Button plus app to get unlimited access to all of our Story Button and Mister Jim shows completely add free. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far. It's truly amazing to have you a part of our family. From all of us here at Story Button, we really couldn't continue to do this without you, so it would be really helpful to us if you went to the app store and searched for Button spelled bttn, gave it a download and a five star review. That would be awesome. Thank you, And now back to the show.
Speaker 2: Huh there you are, Bailey?
Speaker 3: Oh hi, Allehandro.
Speaker 4: What are you doing.
Speaker 2: Washing Sunny up here? Isn't there a washtyle in the barn?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: There is, but this building used to be our barn, and it's worth Sunny and I started out together.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just thought it might be good for us to start over or something, and I really needed to clear my head.
Speaker 4: You know, Hm, you must be pretty stressed out deciding what to do with Wilder.
Speaker 6: Like I said, trying not to think about it right now, I'm just focusing on grooming my horse and having some peace.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, sorry, I get it though. I've heard about the healing powers of horses.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's called coherent heart rates. Their hearts have big electromagnetic fields and if reduce the stress if you're near them.
Speaker 6: Huh did you learn that in psych class movie?
Speaker 2: I can remember.
Speaker 8: It's kind of cool, though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like you and Sonny are doing better together. She's not walking away and you don't even have her tied up.
Speaker 6: Well, I trained her to ground tie and it's hot today. She's enjoying the.
Speaker 2: Bath ground tie.
Speaker 6: What's that if the lead ropes on the ground, she stands like she's still tied.
Speaker 2: Oh cool?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So so oh I actually came to find you because your mom needs you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she said, the farrowing has started.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, why didn't you stay that first? I've gotta go.
Speaker 8: Can you take Sonny back to her pasture?
Speaker 2: Sure? But it is everything? Okay, what's a farrowing.
Speaker 3: Biona's having her piglet.
Speaker 4: Oh oh wow, o piglets. I guess that is pretty important to us. Sonny, Okay, let's go go.
Speaker 7: Look she just had another one, Dad. That makes ten so far.
Speaker 2: Come see.
Speaker 9: Huh no, thank you, Shannon. I'm just in here getting the part for the tractor.
Speaker 7: Oh, come on, Dad, this is exciting. Where's Bailey? She's missing it.
Speaker 9: I don't know why you girls always insist on being an audience to this each year. You already know Fiona knows what she's doing. There's nothing you can do.
Speaker 7: I like to be close by just in case. And aren't the cute m.
Speaker 3: I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 8: I got your message, missus Cooper. Where are they?
Speaker 7: And here? Zoe?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, they are so good.
Speaker 7: See she gets it.
Speaker 9: You all have fun with that. Blake and I are gonna fix the tractor and get the Baylor tuned up. You might say that's a better use of the day since we're harvesting soon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I hear you, But this is tradition. If Bailey would hurry up and get here, here she.
Speaker 9: Comes now faster than lightning.
Speaker 8: I just heard how many she had so far.
Speaker 7: Already ten any issues? Are they all okay? No trouble. They are all doing well so far. Fiona's a pro.
Speaker 5: Well look at them all all crawling all in the hay.
Speaker 8: Does she usually have so many? Yeah, she's a good sound. She had thirteen piglets a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow, they're so little and squirmy. Oh, this is definitely a Montana moment. I have to take pictures.
Speaker 6: Look, mom, that one has black spots, just like Shrek.
Speaker 7: I like the big one that's already figured out how to nurse. See there.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you would like him. He looks like mister Porcupants.
Speaker 7: I'm sure he'll live up to that name. Look at him.
Speaker 5: Go oh he's a hungry little biggie m.
Speaker 7: Oh. Speaking of hungry Bailey, I noticed that Wilder is out of hay and has eaten every blade of grass within reach around the round pen.
Speaker 8: I know I'll give him more hay.
Speaker 6: It's been hard to keep up with his appetite the past couple of days.
Speaker 7: It means he's feeling a lot better though.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's good, but I hope Doctor Forrest will let him have grain after she checks him tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Are we going to be needing to give him grain.
Speaker 8: Though, Bailey, I know what you're getting out. Mom.
Speaker 6: Can we just enjoy the farrowing.
Speaker 7: I'm just asking. I promise I won't offer advice unless you want it. I can just be a sounding board.
Speaker 6: You're right, it's just I don't want to think about the possibility of Wilder leaving. But it's also hard to imagine the wild herd I've been watching for years all left without a stallion.
Speaker 7: It's a tough situation. You and Wilder are really bonding, and you're right that herd needs a stallion.
Speaker 8: I just can't believe the gray stallion died.
Speaker 7: It is a bit of a shock not to see him up there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I've just been well shocked. It's I'm sad he's gone, but I'm angry that it's kind of messing up my plans. And then I feel guilty for being mad.
Speaker 7: You know, I understand. It's good that you understand what you're feeling, though, and it's okay to feel that way.
Speaker 6: Wow, we actually had a conversation about feelings and without a no homework bribe.
Speaker 7: You can blame it on the piglets.
Speaker 8: Seriously, Bailee, these piglets are powerful.
Speaker 3: I could sit here all day. Yeah, it's the cutest distraction.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, oh, but tell me more about no homework, Rice, Go.
Speaker 10: Ahead and crank it, Matto, all right, that sounds good. Looks like everything's ready for harveston in a few days time.
Speaker 9: You sure you don't want to call in any more farmhands to help out?
Speaker 11: Nah, I'm here and that Alejandro kid's a quick study.
Speaker 9: He's sure taken a liking to farming. But from the sound of it, his dad may not be too pleased.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm not sure this is what his dad had in mind when he said Alexandra could work for me.
Speaker 9: Ah, he wanted him working with the rodeo team, then.
Speaker 11: M particularly the business side of things.
Speaker 9: Well, muckin' stall sure is different from talking to horse buyers and investors, that's for sure.
Speaker 11: I hope it hasn't caused any trouble for him.
Speaker 9: Not sure. Trouble is what you'd call it. Children grow and have to eventually find their own path in the world, and as you know, that can be uncomfortable for their parents.
Speaker 11: I sure do. First with Connor giving up the rodeo for his grand idea, and now with Bailey.
Speaker 9: But you and Connor got to the other side, even if just for a short while, and what you're doing in his memory, it's proof that minds and hearts change.
Speaker 11: I just hope Bailey finds her way. She's been through so much and she's still so young, and now with this wild Stallion she's attached to. If she sends him back out of the range, I just know it'll rusher.
Speaker 9: You can think Wilder would fit into what you've got planned.
Speaker 11: I don't know, maybe, but I hate to see her hurting, and I just want to make everything all right for he you know.
Speaker 9: I know exactly how you feel. I have a daughter too, you know. But you can't fix this for her. All we can do is help her find her way through.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna need to talk to her today. She's been quiet, and doctor Forest will want a plan for the wild Stallion.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow she'll be in the barn a while, I expect.
Speaker 11: I know, I know the farrowing haven't seen Shannon all day. Piglets are definitely too high a priority around here.
Speaker 9: Come on, Rocky, get up. There's one last slice of apple pie calling my name. I'll share.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I gotta go back to school. Tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Me too.
Speaker 8: But this was the best spring break ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was pretty great, wasn't it. The kids at my school may not agree.
Speaker 8: Why did they all go on trips to the beach or something.
Speaker 2: We're like trips to Europe or Australia.
Speaker 8: Wow, you must go to a fancy school.
Speaker 2: Mainly just fancy people.
Speaker 5: So do you think you'll come back to the Cooper's farm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mister Cooper hired me to help harvest the hayfields this week.
Speaker 3: Oh good, I mean good, good for you.
Speaker 4: That's nice, and I offered to help when doctor Forrest comes tomorrow. Has Bailey said anything to you about whether she's going to try to keep Wilder?
Speaker 5: No, but she needs to figure it out. I'm a little worried about them both.
Speaker 2: Hey kids, Hello, Oh hi, mister Cooper.
Speaker 11: Alejandro, don't tell me you got cut up watching the farrowing with the girls.
Speaker 4: Oh no, sir, I was just sweeping out the barn and dumping feed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just barn.
Speaker 8: Chores, sure, Alejandro.
Speaker 11: Well, mostly I'm just messing with you. Those squeakers are as cute as can be. Is Bailey still in there with them?
Speaker 2: No, sir, she went to feed while they're more.
Speaker 11: Hay, thank you. You two heading home now?
Speaker 8: Yes, school starts back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm supposed to have research notes for a paper and cyclass. I think I'm going to write about hippotherapy.
Speaker 8: Hippo therapy.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 8: Your school is fancy.
Speaker 4: He posts is Latin for horse zoe. It's therapy with horses.
Speaker 8: Oh, I knew that. See you tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Here you go, wilder. H I got you the good stuff, orchard grass. Come on over.
Speaker 8: That's a good boy. That's right. How about a scratch on the head? Good boy?
Speaker 6: You like that, don't you?
Speaker 11: Wow, Bailey, you've really gotten close to him, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 6: Dad, Yeah, he's trusting me more, and I think he's feeling a lot better.
Speaker 11: Hey there, buddy, watch it there with those teeth. Okay, okay, I'll step back.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Dad, he's a little grumpier than normal.
Speaker 11: It's all right. Yeah. I can see he's been pacing around the pen too, all on the east side, toward the wild horse range.
Speaker 6: Dad, I know what everyone's been thinking. But I don't want to give him up, not yet. Any wild horse has a little trouble at first, right.
Speaker 11: I would guess so, But this new territory. For me, breeding and training young horses is much different than what you and Connor had planned to do here with these wild horses.
Speaker 6: Connor had it all figured out. We were going to have the money for trainers and equipment and everything. I wish he was here to help me. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 11: What if you had all that, would you still think it's best for Wilder to stay off the range and get trained?
Speaker 7: What are you saying, Dad?
Speaker 6: I don't think he'd fit in at your training barn.
Speaker 8: I don't want him to be a bronc.
Speaker 11: No, not that. What if I told you Connor did submit the grant proposal? After all, he did.
Speaker 6: He submitted our grant, but that would have been after he was already in the hospital.
Speaker 11: I know your mam, and I helped him. We changed a few things in the details and submitted it almost a year ago.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, why are you telling me this now, Bailey?
Speaker 11: I just heard back that it was accepted. You've got the grant for the wild Horse Sanctuary.
Speaker 8: That's incredible. I can't believe it. Why didn't you say anything.
Speaker 11: We really didn't think it'd be accepted. We're pretty surprised ourselves.
Speaker 8: But wait, Connor was nineteen.
Speaker 3: I'm not old enough to run it well.
Speaker 11: I designated myself as the CEO for now really died. I'll manage it and teach you how to take over when you're ready.
Speaker 8: I just can't believe it. But what about the rodeo team and the circuit.
Speaker 11: I've decided to take a step back from some of my responsibilities. A grant comes with a good stipend, and I can still manage the breeding and training barn locally.
Speaker 7: But you love the rodeo.
Speaker 3: You can't give up something you love just for me.
Speaker 11: Of course I can, sweetie. I got started on a new path when we found out about your brother's cancer, and this past month has made it more clear than ever that I belong here with you all. So what do you say? Will you be my partner and help me run the Connor Cooper wild Horse Sanctuary?
Speaker 3: Yes, Dad, I know I keep saying this, but I just can't believe it.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 11: No, you gotta not me over, kiddo.
Speaker 8: Connor would be so happy.
Speaker 11: Oh, Bailey, Cakes, don't cry.
Speaker 8: I think I'm crying because I'm happy.
Speaker 11: That's good, baby, I want you to be happy. Connor would want you to be happy too.
Speaker 7: I know he would.
Speaker 8: This is the best gift ever.
Speaker 11: We should go find your mom. It was actually her idea to go ahead and submit it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll meet you at the house. I want to write this down in my journal first.
Speaker 11: Okay, sure, thanks, sweetie, see you in a minute.
Speaker 6: You're not Wilder, Wilder, Oh, Wilder, Dear Connor, It's finally happening. Our crazy dream of helping the wild horses is finally coming true, and Dad's going to be home. It kind of feels like you're here again, fixing everything.
Speaker 7: There's no way.
Speaker 8: This could have happened without you.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 6: I feel like my heart is going to burst with emotions sadness, joy, fear, excitement all at once. But I'm okay, and I think I know what I'm going to do with Wilder.