Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Eddy. I want to pull up on the security changes. Is there talks about you potentially wearing a bulletproof vest moving forward given you have now been shot at. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can handle looking twenty pounds heavier. Somebody's got there's somebody these guys in physical specialties.
Speaker 2: There's some of these guys drop. I don't want to be here.
Speaker 1: The lighter side of assassination attempts. Trump is a unique guy. He is psychologically.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what his brushes with death did to him or for him. You know, it's funny, Just a quick departure. The bit of Scott's email we didn't squeeze in before the top of the hour break was why was the shooter so calm taking his selfies before walking into his almost inevitable death. Excepting that you're already dead is calming and liberating. I've heard that, and this is certainly I don't claim any personal knowledge, and it's probably not universal, but I've heard guys who've dealt with combat, say the only way you stay sane and you lose like your fears to accept all right, I'm gonna die, so let's get the job done. So I wonder, anyway, I wonder if there's an aspect of that in Trump's personality. Well remember when we had we had Corey Lewandowsky on and when we were at one of the conventions. That's Chirstyn Nolam's old man and the one that doesn't wear the big balloons under his shirt. And Corey lind Lewndusky said one of the things about Trump, he said, he is fearless. He is absolutely fearless. And there I think there is some and maybe he's got like some something wrong with his brain where he cannot be It's weird that he can be, on one hand, so easily butt hurt by the slightest insult by a meaningless character that he needs to respond immediately, but like be fearless about lawsuits being shot at, about you know, his his personal life falling apart in public. Oh, that stuff just doesn't seem to phase him. You know, a comedian you've never heard of saying something about its hair will make him, you know, go Berzerko, it's the same time. So it's an and completely step on his own messaging. Yeah, to his own detriment. I mean it's not harmless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, what a duck.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do a deep dive on this now. Just wanted to put this on the plate for a conversation later.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a big.
Speaker 1: Deal obviously in California, then for the rest of the country, the entire bullet train thing.
Speaker 2: But you should be aware.
Speaker 1: Of this just from a the fact that it happens over and over again, these government projects that balloon did and get out of hand.
Speaker 2: The California High Speed.
Speaker 1: Rail Project put up their new projection yesterday, to which The California Post responded to the editorial board said, it's time to end the high speed rail disaster.
Speaker 2: That's got to be the fiftieth.
Speaker 1: Time they've written that piece, the call for the end of the high speed train. But they put out their new cost projection two hundred and thirty one billion dollars, seven times now the original estimate, seven times what voters approved. Now two hundred and thirty one billion dollars. There's still as sixty minutes showed us a couple of weeks ago. Ain't no dang train, hardly any There ain't no actual track. There's just a couple of cement things in the middle of nowhere, little track bed, you know, keeping million dollars. Keeping in mind when they said it's now going to be about one hundred billion dollars, when was that two three years ago? I was screaming, there's not a chance in hell it'll be less than two hundred billion, your ridiculous stop line. And here they've exceeded my estimate. So one one critic actually did the math on this. The amount of money involved in here. At current demands LA between San Francisco, you could fund roughly two hundred years of air travel before the money would run out. Holy crap. Well that was back when it was one hundred and twenty six billion. The California Post points out that now you can double that, So you've got four hundred years of flights that you could pay for for the for the current demand of people that fly back and forth between LA and San Francisco, four.
Speaker 2: Hundred years worth. That is a stunning number, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is stunning, Gavin, and what makes us insane although I've had to just kind of put it aside and accept it is that it is an utterly how do I put this guileless crime? The crime is happening in the open, it's openly discussed, it's undeniable.
Speaker 2: Millions of people are acutely aware of it.
Speaker 1: But there are enough people who are either in on the scam or are so ignorant they have no idea of it. The same scammers get elected over and over again, or they hate Trump so insanely they just keep voting for dese who continue the scam. You've just got to take a deep breath and accept that this is the most.
Speaker 2: Glaring, bright spotlet.
Speaker 1: Example of the failure of democracy perhaps in our nation's history. It might actually, in fact, if it's not, I want to know, it's a bigger, uglier illustration. Yeah, it might be the biggest disconnect between taxpayer and money spent.
Speaker 2: And that is a heck of a thing to say in our nation's history.
Speaker 1: As is pointed out, they don't even claim anymore that it's a train between San Francisco and LA It's not even close to that. It gets you, like within an hour and a half drive of each of those towns at right glass speed of two hundred and thirty one billion dollars. Since we're on it, might as well finish this off. This is I mean, you thought that was outrageous. Here you go, and if you accept that number, I got some magic beans. I'd like to sell you a dumb dumb.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right, that's not the ending number anyway.
Speaker 1: So the bosses at the California High Speed Rail are weighing currently giving the CEO even more power to make decisions on his own without any other input whatsoever. The board of Director's mulling and granting. Ian I don't know how to pronounce his name.
Speaker 2: Do you know his name? Chordryuz.
Speaker 1: He's a villain. I don't care what kind of guy he is. He's a villain for not coming out and saying we got to stop this. It would give him more authority over spending in operations. For instance, he can approve contracts worth twenty five million dollars without any board approval whatsoever. One guy. Now, how do you think he'd keep corruption out of that? If you got one individual who can approve contracts up to twenty five million dollars, and you've got two hundred some billion dollars to spend. Oh my god, I know it's astonishing. You know, I've got a great piece around here somewhere. Oh there it is California. Fraud is not a bug, it's a feature. It's the way the system is supposed to function according to the people running it. The fraud is on a massive scale. I mean the the bullspit train is just one example, and I have half a dozen other examples. Thousands of inmates Murder's rapist death Row inmates received up to a billion dollars on unemployment benefits. An estimated one hundred and forty six billion was lost to fraud from medical At least thirty two billion was lost in fraudulent payments from the Unemployment Department under Gavin's leadership. By the way, he's spending nineteen million dollars of taxpayer money on a New York PR firm to dust off California's image, which is just lovely. How about the thirty seven billion dollars since twenty nineteen to curb homelessness.
Speaker 2: The results homelessness.
Speaker 1: Bums and junkies increased, while the funds disappeared without so much as a mechanism to measure their effectiveness.
Speaker 2: It is sickening.
Speaker 3: Thanks for taking the money.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Well, back to the that young woman is the voice of the taxpayer. Back to this guy running the high speed rail. However, your pronouncer's name Ian Chudry Thief mcgrafty, well is the proper pronunciation.
Speaker 2: He might be a decent, honest man.
Speaker 1: I would say he's kind of by definition, not because if he was, he would be out in front of microphones and cameras saying, look, I've looked at the numbers.
Speaker 2: This doesn't make any sense. We need to end this today.
Speaker 1: And since he's not saying that, I'm going to assume he's a bad guy. But you've got somebody one hundred percent true who on his own can sign off on a twenty five million dollar check, and the board is trying to give him more power so it could be contracts up to one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: That one guy. Now, if you have the ability to give one hundred.
Speaker 1: Million dollars to this guy, this guy, or this guy, and you can do that without any favor toward one of them, because they tell you they'll give you this or that, or help out your kid here or your wife that, or give you a car or whatever. You should get sainthood, because I'm not sure there's any human being on earth that put in that position could do that. Keeping in mind that there will never be any accountabilit for what you decide, So go on. I imagine the sort of personality you'd have to have to be able to be completely fair when you have the on your own, with no oversight decision making on one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: But that one, that one, they're that one over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Is it the largest peace time theft of government funds in the history of humanity?
Speaker 2: Very well could be, Yeah, it could be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Putin has got to be looking at that singing, jeez, what is the deal?
Speaker 2: I thought I was good man, that's good. Yeah, I just don't want I think I'm for the grace of God.
Speaker 1: This guy should be Now the guy has the balls to run for president. Gaby who when he was a lieutenant governor right was like this math doesn't work, this train will never run, this is a boondoggle. But then he got his cut and so now he's part of the theft machine. And now suddenly, oh no, no, we got to do this, This proves California is on the lad edge oh greatest theft of taxpayer funds in human history.
Speaker 2: I'm sticking by that claim. I used to live.
Speaker 1: Next door to a woman, her and her husband, but she was one of those medtech sales people, you know, medical sales, and she would take doctors out and schmooze them to try to get them to buy their version of medicine. And they take them out to ridiculously expensive dinners and give them stuff and everything like that. And that's for a tiny, tiny fraction of the kind of money we're talking about here. Can you imagine what these companies do to try to get this guy to make the choice to go.
Speaker 2: With them for one hundred million dollars. Keeping in mind again there's no accountability.
Speaker 1: Yes, I imagine that that would be something to see. They got to make a documentary out of that. Well, this is a small time scam indeed, trying to steal all your life savings. But every spam call, every scam text, every sketchy email with your name starts the same way. Somebody found you on a data broker site. All of your inh is sitting on data broker sites right now. Getting sold, but you can do something about it. Yeah, and we all know that this stuff is floating around here. That's why we get those damn texts and calls and emails all the time that are trying to hack into us. And it's so easy to fall for one if you ain't paying attention. Well, the only way to get them off is if you use the law, and Cognate can actually do that. They contact hundreds of data brokers and legally force them to remove your information. There's a good way to try it. Sign up with in cognate and see if you don't start getting fewer scam texts, emails and calls.
Speaker 2: That's a nice thing. They can't spam you if they can't find you. And right now, get sixty percent off with an exclusive.
Speaker 1: Deal at in cogni dot com slash armstrong very affordable. Go to i ncog ni dot com, in Cogni dot com slash armstrong and take back your privacy. That's in Cogni dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: Man oh Man.
Speaker 1: So many things came together in a bad way for humanity. The falling a part of the media world, the news world, the actual investigative journalism world, newspapers going away.
Speaker 2: You know, Craigslist destroyed.
Speaker 1: Newspapers to talk about consequences that you don't think about. And then so like I almost dropped an s bomb. Crap legs can go on and there's just nobody around to report.
Speaker 2: On it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clickbait has has has a displaced journalism in a very real way. Plus you've got Trump arrangement syndrome. If Gavin says that's Trump trying to ruin our California dream, people would be like, oh, dare Trump call for text hair accountability?
Speaker 2: I hate him so much, And.
Speaker 1: It enables the criminals to perpetrate this astonishingly big crime.
Speaker 2: I like you do your colargarly line, I laughed.
Speaker 1: In Okay, we had a lot more other ways there.
Speaker 4: According to a new survey, thirty percent of respond and said that they have removed a friend or family member from a group chat in the last year. And for those who aren't in a family group chat, it was you.
Speaker 1: Here's my here's the headline of the day off to look into this story more Iran eyeing mine, carrying dolphins to attack US warships and straight up.
Speaker 2: Her home or moves.
Speaker 1: Oh Iran is going to use mine carrying dolphins, and then did they train the dolphin to go by the ship? How do you do? Dolphins are complete slots for a mackerel. They'll do anything, So yeah, they train them like they train them to leap up and hit the little orange thing at the dolphins show.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: Did they do that ahead of time or do you do it all of a sudden or does it only take five minutes?
Speaker 2: Or I don't understand this, well, it takes a while.
Speaker 1: I remember reading fascinating stuff as a youngster, a teenager about how both the US and Soviet Union were experiment with training dolphins and whales to accomplish various underwater skullduggeries. So yeah, that reminds me of last year when we went to Florida and Henry got to do the thing where he's in the water with the dolphins and put his hand on both their fins and they pulled him across this little pond really fast.
Speaker 2: What a cool thing to do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My headline of the day is actually incredibly discouraging, so I'm going to leave it out for now. Please do I will unleash my righteous biblical profit screed on ye later on oh, speaking to the Bible.
Speaker 2: That's right, mister president.
Speaker 1: I realized something about myself last night that I really don't like. Still trying to be a good person, like healthy psychology at my advanced age. Sorry, youngsters, it never ends if you have any self awareness. So I'm going to admit it. It's unflattering now or later. It's part of my healing process. I don't think I have time now. I'm gonna Michael, maybe we could do all that one minutes, because I've always got two minutes. I've got my two things I got wrong this week that I need to apologize for us.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll call it confession is good for the soul. Yeah, maybe we'll do that. Yeah, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 1: And talk to Katie about maternity leave and Katie's last day before she goes. And you said he got the bedroom all decorated and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all done, thank god. With the thing being baby Zoo animals babies are so cute. A classic, and it's a classic for a reason. That's perfect. Did you tell a boy or a girl? Is that a secret? That's a boy. It's name is Jack, Joe, Mike Mike. Remember, Okay, we know.
Speaker 1: That Judy and I've been referring to him as JJ just to save time, because Jack Joe Mike Mike's a little cumbersome. Such a good name, though, Yeah, that's a good name. Okay, Well, just do we get to reveal the name? You know, you let us know and we'll make the big announcement or uh, I kind I already did, but I think it went in one ear and out the other.
Speaker 2: Like like a week ago. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, assuming everything goes okay, uh, you know, God willing and it's always the case. How soon after the baby is born? Will we be on the air five minutes? Yeah, hell, I'll be on there while it's happening.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Live team coverage, yeah, oh my god, Live team coverage from a birth. Yeah, Katie's giving birth.
Speaker 2: We go to Katie. Yes, you gotta, we gotta.
Speaker 1: We're up against a hard commercial, Katie, You're gonna have to hold it. Okay, we'll be back after this break.
Speaker 2: You gotta do a live a live spot. You hang on a second, but we have to talk to you about Yeah, there are four human beings in the room.
Speaker 1: When we come back, there will be five say half this quick word from Incogniti dot com.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Oh so on a totally different topic, uh, chat bot addiction scientists as Science Science have now identified three di thinks kinds of chatbot addictions. Okay, interesting and you might have them. I hope, I don't. I use the general a lot, but not for the weird reasons I don't think anyway. All on the way, including apologizing about a couple of big news.
Speaker 5: Stories Armstrong and Getty, we got the first big update on this story since President Trump told us a couple of weeks ago that the White House and the FBI were going to be investigating possible links between these scientists that have either gone missing or turned up dead over the last two years.
Speaker 3: Well, so far, I mean their individuals somewhere said some left this earth self inflicted. But so far we're finding that there's not much of a connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the whole why so many scientists disappeared or died. Story that is fascinating from like a logic standpoint or I don't know what the right term is, Joe explained. It's the only person I've heard explain it anywhere, is that you could make it about you know who's killing the great chefs of Europe. You could make it about chefs, or baseball players, or any large group you wanted, especially over three year period. Do you know how many former Major League Baseball players have died in the last three years? You have disappeared, and a lot of the disappeared are right over here.
Speaker 2: Nobody looked right.
Speaker 1: And then you dig into it and you realize, well, two of those guys never made it past double A, and one of those guys is still alive.
Speaker 2: It's utter crap. You know, it's funny as well.
Speaker 1: See the reason I wanted to bring this up was I saw the other day China is having the same problem this. Many Chinese scientists, nuclear scientists have disappeared or died in the last three years. Well, yeah, it's because you can extrapolate it to really any large group of people and make it seem like something exciting happened. Right, Also, Chinese farmers and performance artists and wet bat dealers from the web market exactly speaking with dealers, speaking of which I was deep in thought listening to that clip, and as Jack was starting to talk, I'm gonna I'll just present it as Joe Getty's what do you performance art?
Speaker 2: Modern world performance art?
Speaker 1: Guys? The house is on fire, Honey, we really need new drapes.
Speaker 5: Dad.
Speaker 2: Why are we out of peanut butter? The house is on fire? Hey, Dad, I need a ride to soccer.
Speaker 1: The effing house is on fire. All of these stupid, stupid stories and objects of conversation. Nobody's paying attention to the house being on fire. But I'm not gonna bring it down with that.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm trying to sound like Trump there when he starts to get reflective. It's a crazy world. Aren't you afraid crazy things happen?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's just hit a couple of headlines that are worth mentioning Jack. We need to call our fabulous agent, Eric and he'd do a better job. Elon Musk's Tesla compensation last year surpassed one hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty eight billion dollars.
Speaker 1: He had a good twenty twenty five, clearly according to regulatory filing, and indeed, his ten year deal could be worth a trillion dollars. If Musk hits every milestone, which includes growing Tesla's market cap to eight point five trillion dollars, he almost certainly is going to become the world's first trillionaire. Part of that is because of the whole inflation thing, because a trillion dollars a day, just like one hundred dollars today ain't close to what it was in the year two thousand and that was the screen I'm holding myself back from. Maybe we'll get to it next hour. You will be second and horrified and angered, disappointed, but smarter. It were here ruin every possible positive thing that could happen this weekend. It will crush your joy like an elephants stepping on a grape.
Speaker 2: But you'll be smarter if you have any arms. Yes, But the most depressing radio.
Speaker 1: Shot, it's not even close.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding anyway? Uh so yeah, elon musk. Although if you missed this, we just posted it.
Speaker 1: I think at Armstrong and getty dot com under hot links. The absolutely fabulous piece by a French economist to whoever he is, jotrist.
Speaker 2: So it is.
Speaker 1: I'm describing how quote unquote billionaires they don't consume that money. They allocate it where they think it's going to be the most productive, which spawns zillions of jobs, and it's so good for society in every single way compared to if the government says we're gonna put a tax on billionaires and we're gonna take that money out of equity, how they just squander it and hand it out to their cronies and it becomes utterly unproductive, really really good informative stuff. It's at Armstrong and getty dot com under hotlinks. Anyway, dr moving along. Oh, here's one of the stories that got obscured. It is becoming more and more clear that the Biden administration, Anthony Fauci and his dominions engaged in utterly bold faced and illegal cover ups of the various aspects of COVID, whether it was the side effects of the vaccine, or the needlessness of vaccine mandates, or the lab leak, et cetera. They were violating all of our government transparency laws for reasons that are infinitely clear, but practically nobody's talking about it. Yeah, this should worst cataclysm to hit the world since World War Two. There was a giant cover up and nobody's talking about it. Yeah, it should get more attention. So somebody's being charged with something or investigated with something. What's the actual headline? Yeah, this character doctor David Moran's form or National Institute's a health official is being charged with essentially a fraud and cover ups and violating government transparency laws.
Speaker 2: And what's so.
Speaker 1: The trial that that that could hopefully when it actually a trial actually happens, no way learn more about it. He gets more attention because it should, Like you said, this is a big deal. Yeah, but what what makes me insane and I got to take deep breasts and deal with and just accept, is that the press, the media is portraying it as political retaliation because Trump headed in for Fauci, so it's more of the law there.
Speaker 2: They're charging them with this silly stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't help your case when you do crap like the Seashell's.
Speaker 2: James Comy thing or exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's the That's yet another example of Trump stepping on his own messaging. He was so intent on punishing Comy for his law fare, which I get that he stepped all over this gigantic style. This ought to be they ought to be Every cabinet member ought to be talking about this because it was so important to our civil liberties, our economy, our health, are armed forces. It's it's difficult to fully describe how enormous this was. But it's gone in the noise of the missing scientists quote unquote and the coomy seashells and the rest of this horse craft. Again, guys, the house is on fire. Well, never mind, nobody cares.
Speaker 2: I'll move on. Want you want another Houses on Fire headline?
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't go into it.
Speaker 1: I really don't, but yes, guest essay in The New York Times Today by Robert D. Kaplan, who I'm a big fan of his writing and stuff like that. He's nanailist US military stuff, writes a lot of good books. The Tragic Decline of the American Navy, and it is really an interesting piece and how the world has benefited so much from the dominance of first Great Britain and in the United States of keeping the oceans free for commerce ninety percent of commerce even now in the age of aeroplanes, ninety percent of commerce going around on the seas at some point, and keeping the seas open and free.
Speaker 2: And it's over.
Speaker 1: Those days are over, according to him, we just don't have the navy to do it. As soon as China flexes their muscle down where like forty percent of commerce goes through they're going to control that. We're seeing what's happening with the straight of horn moves, So those days are over. Yeah, I remember I formulated Joe Getty's unified theory of civilizations a number of years ago in that civilizations veer from one guardrail to the other and have no idea that they've hit the sweet spot when they hit it, and they just keep going until they hit the other guardrail. Great example of that, We with our incredible military and naval might in particular, said no, the world's going to be open to commerce. You're not going to choke off the commerce of the nations to extract you know, it's piracy essentially, whether it's literally stealing the goods or just exacting tolls and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna let that happen. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: You can say that. You can say that all day long. You have to be able to enforce it, and we could. Well that's what I'm saying. Yes, precisely my point. And much like a society that beefs up pits policing, it has a robust justice system. If you break the law, you get arrested, you get tried, you get convicted, you get jail, blah blah blah. All of a sudden, people look around and say, there's no crime. We don't need all these cops, we don't need this Dracconian iniquity sentencing. We don't need a giant, powerful navy. There's no threat to international shipping. And so you dismantle your navy and you hit the guardrail, and you know, God help us all. Speaking of defense, this is a big headline, very important.
Speaker 2: I'm a claw fan. I gotta hit you at these numbers. Just be front of me.
Speaker 1: I do I love about the navy, and then I'll shut up. This is interesting. At the beginning of World War Two we had eight hundred ships. At the end of World War two, we had seven thousand ships. And that's how we have dominated the sea all this time. Seven thousand ships. We now have currently at latest measurement, latest gentlemen act in at ships, two hundred and ninety ships. Yeah, we had seven thousand at the end of World War two, and obviously you don't need to keep that number, but two hundred and ninety now currently the Chinese navy has about four hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I think we're the second largest navy on Earth. Wow, we made the neighborhood too safe. We fired all the cops, We dismantled all the locks on the doors.
Speaker 2: We we went there's the guardrail.
Speaker 1: We went with the AOC defund the police plan, because the Navy is the police. We defunded the police. For the world think and everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Seas will look like the suburbs. No they won't. They look like good one, A good one boy, oh boy. Well, we're going to try to break on time. As if this hasn't dispe what is it with us?
Speaker 1: A mental problem? Should we see a shrink a show together on the air. Should we have a therapist come on the air with us and talk to us about what a downer show we are and how maybe we've gotten in some sort of like doom loop or something.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think we are, though. I think we're walking we we all of us. Hello, friends, we're all walking through a coal mine with dead canaries scattered everywhere. You know, we have we've experienced this in some workplaces.
Speaker 2: I won't say what workplaces.
Speaker 1: We've experienced this in the workplaces where people are trying to go with the positive attitude it's like there are no solid, real indications that we should be positive, right, the needle's pointing south on everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and it always turns out to be true.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a bad attitude or negative attitude is just realizing the facts on the ground. Sure, But at the same time, if you're the biblical prophet, say, who's just constantly yelling at people that they're doomed. After a while, people are like, oh my God, there comes to your Here comes Jeremiah again.
Speaker 2: Just turn to act like you don't see him. I guess that's what we don't want to be.
Speaker 1: We don't want to be to show that's the guy on the standing on the corner with the end is near sign. Just yeah every day. Yeah, agreed. So I'm I'm ashamed of myself. I have a confession to make. Next segment. I have a flaw in my personality, terrible flaw and I.
Speaker 2: Will you want us to point it out or you're going this will be great. Why don't I save you the trouble and go ahead?
Speaker 1: Okay, all that's on the way. We have a lot of stuff to jam in today. May first, by the way, happy may Day or.
Speaker 2: Something. All right, So we need to get right into this.
Speaker 1: This is a quirk of human psychology that we've actually, I'm well aware of it. We've talked about it on the show several times. So Judy and I have just gotten done with a big remodel of our house. We love our house, have We're just so happy where we are, love the view. Blah blah. Our new ish neighbors had us and our other neighbors over for a couple of drinks some you know, dead orders, that sort of thing last night, and it was a hoot. It was great, wonderful. People really like them, lucky to have them as neighbors. Their house is beautiful, it was beautifully designed, and their view is at least as good as ours.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I get back home, I look around, I think I don't like this house.
Speaker 2: Wow. I wish I had their house. Wow.
Speaker 1: While fully aware of what was going on in my brain, right, I mean, it's it's like I woke up later and thought, oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 2: Should be grateful.
Speaker 1: No, as it was unfolding, I'm like, what the hell is the matter with you? The whole people are happier making eighty thousand if the people next to them make seventy thousand, then they are making one hundred and twenty thousand if the people next to them are making one hundred and thirty thousand. Yeah, which is definitely a flaw in our personalities, right, it's a flaw in the programming. What anthropologically is going on there? To win the mate, your mate, you have to be like the best warrior to make you a striver. Maybe it's that it's just so you're not not satisfied. You'd see a strive, but in terms of a happiness thing, it's Oh, it's a horrible flaw in the programming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our our old producer positive sean complicated dude, but he had this collection of sayings that he'd accumulated through his life, bits of wisdom, and one that really knocked my socks off was comparison is the thief.
Speaker 2: Of joy, No doubt. Boy.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that last night. What is it with humans? But anyway, I'm gonna work on it. I'm gonna ask my counselor Claude to talk me through gratitude exercises, perspective because there's always somebody richer sher Elon Musk with a nicer, a better wife, what you're gonna make yourself insane, plus the knowledge that the incrementally better this or that doesn't actually make you happy anyway. So right, I mean you've had if you've been able to run that experiment a few times. Somebody pointed this out to me when I was way younger. I don't remember who, but uh, just I was talking about cars driving down the road Like everybody else. You know, this car or that car. You only notice the ones that are better, are cooler than yours. You don't notice the gazillions you pass that are probably less than yours.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just that is a flaw in the programming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think just understanding it, naming it is good and trying to understand where that comes from, because it's obviously it is part of our programming.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make it good.
Speaker 1: I see a good looking woman walk by, and I want to have sex with her and impregnate her.
Speaker 2: It's the way we're made.
Speaker 1: I don't well good, probably because you wouldn't have me, but also because that would be a moral and a betrayal of my beautiful wife. Yeah, there are aspects of human character that don't fit the modern world.
Speaker 2: Obviously yeah wow.
Speaker 1: And of course, obviously for the umpteenth time, Facebook, Instagram, all that sort of stuff has made it more available to compare yourself to more people you know or went to high school with or whatever than has ever existed in the past. Not to mention Zillow as I had to give up real estate porn because that's what it's all built on. I mean, I'm interested in real estate and design and neighborhoods and trends and just because I'm interested, but it's also a bit of porn, which is.
Speaker 2: Why I call them my plan.
Speaker 1: I plan to never have a permanent address once I'm retired. I don't know that I'll ever have a permanent residence, just a string of victims left behind as you moved from town to town that the FBI will put together eventually.
Speaker 2: Anyway, women I've sucked the money out of and then I move on to the next one.
Speaker 1: Exactly sad now broke widows, Yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, they call him the mobile jigglow.
Speaker 1: Boy, the geriatric jigglow That's what I was draining their savings, and then onto the next trailer park.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there will be podcasts about you and.
Speaker 1: Photos up on the you know, on the bulletin board at the post office. Keep changing your appearance exactly too smart for that, Yeah, I will change my appearance.
Speaker 2: Glasses no glasses, go te no no, go to ecke.
Speaker 1: Sure sure drained your savings before you realize it's me. So you wanted to issue a few corrections in RATA Yes.
Speaker 2: News stories this week.
Speaker 1: One that I was way wrong on I don't even know what I was thinking that day pisses me off.
Speaker 2: But we've got more on the way.
Speaker 1: If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty