Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock Act hour two On this Friday, a meat Friday. At that Christopher mad Dog Russo will join us coming up a little bit. It is a meat Friday. Case you're wondering, we don't have meat. We have seafood. So it's a seafood Friday on the Triggers flat top crabcakes, glazed salmon file at and garlic meshed potatoes. Who has it better than we do? No, no Leny money, yes Eton.
Speaker 3: You know this is an especially cruel menu because because for somebody in this room it's going to be their last meat Friday, probably for a while.
Speaker 2: This will be the last supper because the bet between Paulie and Fritzie on the Bears Broncos.
Speaker 3: And or it could be us if they tie, right me, you and Marvy could be us if they tie, Yes, and on their very last Meat Friday, they're not even getting to eat any meat. They're having fish.
Speaker 2: That is cruel, okay, just saying the loser doesn't get to partake in a Meat Friday until his team wins.
Speaker 4: Yes, I gotta tell you though.
Speaker 5: See, I'm going to go apo on you here if for some reason I lost the bet and this were the next Meat Friday menu.
Speaker 4: This is such a unique menu.
Speaker 5: I love crabcakes and salmon, especially on the Trader because they keep it all.
Speaker 1: In So you you.
Speaker 4: This would be a bothersome day for me. Actually, maybe even.
Speaker 5: More you missed this, Yeah, okay, as much as all the barbecuebs, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: We have that more often. This is kind of a specialty lunch.
Speaker 3: Would I see you trying to go? Glasses half full? It's fine, It's okay.
Speaker 2: So if the Bears lose, then Pauli doesn't get to have meet Friday until the Bears win, And same with Fritzy with the Bronco.
Speaker 3: That might be our hour two pole question. Who do you want to win this weekend? The Bears or the Broncos or tie or tie? What's the pole question? From our one at least the results there. Oh man, that's fun dan our one. Uh we put up there. Who is your NFL septem VP? Your choices were Tua, TJ. Watt, and Christian McCaffrey. Right now, seventy six percent of the vote have Tua runaway winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good with that. Yeah, who is?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's do all sports the septem VP of all sports?
Speaker 1: Todd, do you have a candidate?
Speaker 6: I gave it to Joe Namath because he needed what he needed to say, what needed to be said, and that's uh, I go against I guess what Chris Russo and some other people said that he went.
Speaker 7: Then you said over the top with this comment.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, why does he need to say I hate that? Hasn't everybody been saying this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he's the legend, he's the whole of fame, and we all Jets live and die by Joe Namath, and he wanted to emphasize something that really bothered him.
Speaker 7: They were all in and all excited. Rogers gets hurt and they thought they can.
Speaker 2: Hear real, say Zach Wilson talking about Joe NAMA's comments, and he's passionate.
Speaker 8: He's obviously was, you know, one of the greats, and so that says an offense. We got to do everything we can just to try and prove them on. Keep doing what we can and improve. I think the guys are feeling very optimistic. You know, we all believe in each other. We're all right there, so excited.
Speaker 1: For this week. All right, he's saying all the right things.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he believes any of those or anybody believes what he's saying. But uh now, Joe Namath didn't make the didn't need to make the comment.
Speaker 1: He's not helping the situation Seaton except him.
Speaker 2: VP Ronald Acuna Junior the third good call, Okay, I mean it was a historic season, a forty seventy.
Speaker 3: I don't I still don't understand why they like, all right, it's cool that, yeah, I mean he's the first person to get into the forty seventy clubs. Yeah, because you guys just made it up. It's like, go completely into why not stop the game for like the forty sixty five club something?
Speaker 2: Wait, you have a problem that they stopped the game to give him the base that he stole for seventy bases I do. Yeah, okay, yeah, well it was a home game, it wasn't on the road with the Cubs.
Speaker 3: I'm all for celebrating the Dubs when you can get them, but this one was a little manufactured buzz kid. But I'll throw him in there for the Sports septem V pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, Marvin Deance Anders, Yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 9: Had us watching Colorado football at two in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, against Colorado State. Right, yeah, all right, PAULI septem vpick.
Speaker 5: Since Dianna has taken, I'm going to go off the board a little bit and go the Milwaukee Bucks general manager John Horst to steal Damian Lillard and possibly long term keep Giannis on a max deal to stay there. He's not a household name, but however he pulled that stuff off, that could be all timer in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, John Horst.
Speaker 2: Charles Barkley will join us coming up next hour. We'll talk about that. You know somebody who deserves credit Brad Holmes, who is the general manager of the Detroit Lions. Yes, we do focus on Dan Campbell a lot, rightfully so, but he put together a great roster. If you look at some of these draft picks, even the draft picks from this year's draft, like jamayor Gibbs were like, why would you take a running back? Took a linebacker out of Iowa, and then Sam laporta tight end. They've worked out quite well. They got Penny Sewell seventh pick in twenty twenty one. Twenty twenty two, they took Aiden Hutchinson. He went number two overall. Is there a more anonymous number one overall pick than the Jacksonville Jaguars with tray Von Walker Pauli.
Speaker 5: He was a bit of a surprise to if you go back to the draft, even a month before the draft, Trayvon Walker defensive end out of Georgia. He was like one of the great players on Georgia's football team. He wasn't the great player. And when he went up the boards and passed Hutchinson, a lot of people like, I'm looking at some draft profile out there, like Aiden Hutchinson is really good. Now, this guy's gonna be great in two years. Well two years isn't there yet, but the guy has He had three and a half sacks last year.
Speaker 4: He has won this year. He's average.
Speaker 2: Aiden Hutchinson's you got to deal with him. I mean he's in there. It's a good defense, good defensive line there. But when you think about number one overall pick, like usually it's a quarterback who's a bust. You know, it's rare when you have like Eric Fisher was a number one overall pick by the Chiefs Russell Maryland, I think years ago by the Cowboys, number one overall pick, it's rare. Was ron Yarry, an offensive lineman for the Chargers, number one overall pick out of USC Minnesota. Yeah, I think he was number one overall pick and he was a tackle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nineteen sixty eight, Yeah, out to the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think he became a Hall of Famer. So that that worked out. I think I think he's a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Bruce Smith, the defensive end, was the number one pick the Bills.
Speaker 1: That worked out.
Speaker 4: That worked out right.
Speaker 2: Well. You had mary O Williams and if you remember, they were Reggie Bush or Mario but they couldn't sign I think they were gonna have problems signing Reggie Bush.
Speaker 1: So they took mary O Williams.
Speaker 4: Orlando Pace. He had a nice career. Hall of Famer number.
Speaker 1: Oh. He did go to the I think ops in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety seven, number one pick in Rams. I got a couple more Lineman. You know Courtney Brown, remember him and lebarn together they were That was tough.
Speaker 1: That Penn State bookend ends.
Speaker 5: Brown had a good career, went with the Browns. Then you go back a couple years o Mario Williams, Jake Long number one draft pick to the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, solid, being nice, but yeah.
Speaker 5: Eric Fisher twenty thirteen, he's a matt guy too, right with the Central Massione.
Speaker 1: Yeah, central machine.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Miami, Dan Levittard that we reached out to him, I'd like for the Miami Heat insider to explain how he whiffed on Dame Lillard was going to end up with the Miami Heat. By the way, there's some stuff going on, I think, and our body good buddy Chris Haynes had a story yesterday about Dame Lillard. Remember when Dame was sat down for the last ten games of the season and we had him on the show and he joined us from his car, and here's the question I asked Dame. And this I think is becoming a bigger issue because the Blazers were tanking and I think told Dame, look, sit down, will get you a better draft pick.
Speaker 1: But here's my question to Dame Lillard.
Speaker 2: Is your season over most likely your decision.
Speaker 10: I mean, so I wouldn't say it's my decision at all. I think maybe the team protected me from myself.
Speaker 1: We've had so.
Speaker 10: Many injuries on our team, you know, not just right now, but throughout the season, and you got guys who've been banged up that just aren't healthy enough to go out there and make a run for it right now.
Speaker 3: And with me having.
Speaker 10: A few injuries this season, with my calf none serious, and then my you know, having to play so many minutes down the stretch because of those injuries that we have. Now it's almost precautionary, you know, because there is something there and it is tight. It's just like you don't want to be over compensating, and they know I'm gonna go out there and compete.
Speaker 1: Okay hmm.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit more to the story, and I don't know if the NBA is investigating, but that came out and the feeling was I think Dame leaving that maybe got out to Chris Haynes through Dame or somebody else that said you know. And by the way, they were tanking a couple of years ago when they had me sit down and those last ten games of the season, because when I ask him, I said, your decision, well no, not exact, not at all. That to me could be troubling if you're the Blazers. All right, we'll get phone calls. Uh, Mad Dog Russo will join us, coming up and let me see. How about Mikey and Iowa? Hi Mikey, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 11: I got a an issue with this bet. What happens if the Bears win on Thursday next week? Does Pauli get to eat? Yes, that's not fairs nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, it just happened that way that the Bears are playing on Thursday ninth.
Speaker 1: Wow, Mike's upset.
Speaker 4: I let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well not fair.
Speaker 2: People taking this okay. I think he's taken it more seriously than Paulie and Fritzi are.
Speaker 4: I didn't put them on Thursday?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Did you see al Michaels was teasing that game last night. It's like he bit his tongue.
Speaker 4: He just goes next week.
Speaker 2: Buddha in San Francisco, Hi, Buddha, thanks for holding what's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Noboddy?
Speaker 12: Happy Friday boys, what's up Pritty DP? To those who haven't listened to the DP Takes a Gamble podcast, all I gotta say is forty sake. Dan gets very spicy and Dan, it's a shame the time he didn't work out for the Crapp and Burck State not making into the annals of the publication. That would have been a nice dropping into the book and a couple of NFL points. Then, has anyone noticed that Travis Kelsey's looked at He's rocking right now with the mustache. He looks like he could be Andy Shreied's son, Like, it's pretty funny. You gotta check that out. And to the Zach Wilson New York Jets tobacco biasco, Dan pretty bad, Dan not good?
Speaker 1: Thank you Buddha.
Speaker 2: By the way, Fritzy has a Meet Friday limerick. So this is based off the Bears and the Broncos, and this sums up the bet that Paully and Fritzi have, So todd if you're ready with your limerick on the bet, but the last supper.
Speaker 6: Paulie and Fritzie on the edge of their seat, hoping their team avoids another defeat for the one which doesn't go well gets cooked and living hell next Friday and beyond with no meat.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you Toohn.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the steaks are high. Oh no, no pun intended. Do you see what I did with that?
Speaker 4: Tons O.
Speaker 1: Andrew in Washington? I Andrew, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Thank you for spelling that out time.
Speaker 1: That's okay, all right?
Speaker 13: Thank you, Hey Andrew, Good morning Dan, Dan ed thanks for taking my call. Happy meat Friday for one of you guys. That might be the last one. I've never heard Polly be so positive about a meal that salmon and crabcakes over steak or barbecue or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I think he's just building it.
Speaker 12: Up to make it feel didn't feel special today.
Speaker 14: So, by the way, I do want to say, I don't get it either. You brought it up earlier. Why are the mean the packers taking so long to get going? It's almost like once he can forget about the playbook, just get in there, go quick, not think about his passes. Jordan Love does a lot better because they've never been down in franchise history. Seventeen points in back to back games, by the half. So I do have a trivia question for the room, all right, So David Montgomery is the first Lion since two thousand to rush for three tds in over one hundred yards in a game? Can anybody name the lasty Detroit.
Speaker 13: Lion to do that?
Speaker 1: Barry Sanders No.
Speaker 4: Two thousand, oh Man.
Speaker 15: Died.
Speaker 1: Who knows? Anybody got a guest on the other side, PAULI I think.
Speaker 5: I'm off by a few years. There was a running make named Kevin Smith out of.
Speaker 1: Cent Now who is it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 13: James Stewart in two thousand for the Detroit Lion, of course it is Stand.
Speaker 2: Of the Day, past Dad of the Day, stat of the day.
Speaker 7: Here comes that?
Speaker 4: What stat of the day?
Speaker 16: Stat of the Day?
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. We say good morning to those watching on Peacock. Thank you and our radio affiliates around the country. Doug in North Carolina, Hi.
Speaker 17: Doug, Hey, Dan, I have a hot take for you, and you tell me if this is an overreaction. In front of me right now, I have the schedules for the Eagles and the forty nine Ers. Each of those teams play six opponents for the rest of the year who are likely playoff teams, including a game against each other in December. If you look at the Lions schedule, they only have two potential playoff opponents. They play the Cowboys and they play the Ravens. My hot take the Troit is going to host the NFC championship game.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is certainly warm, certainly warm. I could see it happening. I mean, doesn't mean they're a better team than the Niners or the Cowboys or the Eagles. But you got the Bears coming up twice, got the Packers again, you got the Vikings a couple of times. I mean, this is what New England used to do all the time, you know, when the Dolphins weren't good and the Jets weren't good and the Bills weren't good. Be like, all right, we got six wins right there. Detroit capitalize on this and could end up with thirteen wins this year.
Speaker 1: Yeampo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Detroit's an overtime loss to Seattle from being four and zero. Yeah, they've got a lot of easy ones. It's also tough to picture like Green Bay's issues, all their scope as a players are great. I can't imagine them fixing their offensive line in the next six eight weeks.
Speaker 4: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like you can find a wide receiver running back. It's not like you're able to find these really good off offensive lineman. I just don't know if the offensive lineman have held up to the standards of the defensive lineman. These edge rushers, it just feels like they're great athletes on the other side of the ball, and it's rare when you have that great athlete who is an offensive tackle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mar do you think offensive tackles are going to become a little bit lighter because these guys they're really like linebackers, but they just put their hand in the dirt like Bosa Parsons. These guys are six two fifty, they're not three hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they get a head start, you know, so when they build up speed, I mean, you've got to have some athleticism hand eye coordination, but you also have to have good feet there and you have to be sturdy enough to be able to hold them off for you know, two or three seconds. And we've just seen that these edge rushers, you know, TJ. Watt Micah Parsons Bosa. These are special defensive players.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mart, We're gonna start seeing some college basketball players become offensive tackles to be tight ends.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 9: They were undersized power forwards. A just go be a tight end?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Paul the average weight of an NFL offensive tackle.
Speaker 2: Why don't we take a break and then we'll come back. I got mad Dog Russong set to join us, and he is he not happy with the coverage of Taylor Swift and Travis kelce which means I, of course I am going to start the interview by asking him about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey. Well, take a break back after this Dan Patrick show. Tire rack dot COM's ready to go whenever you need your tires. They're ready to help you. The easy to use Tire Decision Guide. You get a personalized tire recommendation. So it's not like you go to the website and go all right, I'm just going to order those tires. You get somebody who's going to help you the right tires for how and what and where you drive. They have a test track they put the tires, you know, push them to the limit, and then you get all that information to make an informed decision.
Speaker 1: They sell only the best.
Speaker 2: The full lineup of Kumo tires ship fast and free to you or one of over ten thousand recommended installers Mobile tire Installation. You'll find that in a lot of areas. They bring the tires to you at your Homer office and install them on site. We had one of their installers come here and it took about forty five minutes to change four tires. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan. You'll see their Kumo test results and special offers. So it's tire rack dot com slash Dan and remember tire rack dot com is the way tire buying should be. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. I saw was there a documentary on her? Or was it on her band?
Speaker 1: But I just liked her.
Speaker 2: You know what she was doing when she was doing it, and she's in badass.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tom, you.
Speaker 7: Said the Blackharts rubbed you the wrong way. For some reason. I don't know if that's all about. What do you got to find with the Black Arts? I just made that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why I don't know, because you just.
Speaker 7: Gave Joan Jett love at the Blackhawns.
Speaker 1: I just talked about her band, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Just generically referred to them, but they had a name that.
Speaker 2: Have I not talked to you enough today? Okay, because that's really what this is about. Yeah, Ston.
Speaker 3: A long long time ago, a very young and younger Seaton O'Connor and Paul Papps once went to go see a band called Social Distortion, Yes and New Haven and they brought out Jone Jett to do a couple of songs and it was rad.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Poul.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was at a smaller place in New Haven. Nobody knew it, see and I definitely didn't know it. And Joan Jet comes out there was a big deal.
Speaker 4: What's that? When did she.
Speaker 5: Break like Spring eighty two or something. She kind of came out of nowhere that that song was like seven weeks number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Crimson and Clover, that's a jam and a half right there. Yeah, that is a great, great song.
Speaker 2: I remember that she did a show and the person who was responsible with paying her said that she won to be paid in singles in a brown paper bag. What and I went, okay, you go, Jony.
Speaker 7: It's so bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got paid in a brown paper bag. Uh.
Speaker 2: Seaton complained about Amazon last week that you were trying to get Amazon. You had a hard time getting the game on, and you did hear from somebody from Amazon to help it.
Speaker 3: I appreciate them following up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I didn't expect them to.
Speaker 2: And what did they suggest about your experience of trying to watch Thursday night football.
Speaker 3: Well, they just wanted to see how my home set up was.
Speaker 1: Oh fair question. Okay, fair question.
Speaker 2: So it's your it's your fault that that's why you can't see Thursday night.
Speaker 1: You might as well check it off.
Speaker 3: You might as well check it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, I think they just want to look at ways. So maybe we could accentuate our broadcast coverage.
Speaker 6: Yes, time, but Setan does have a Sanyo TV with an antenna, so.
Speaker 1: It's not all Amazon Emerson TV. All right.
Speaker 2: Your question before the break, PAULI had to do with big offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: The average offensive tackle this year in the NFL weighs what we're gonna play closest to the hole, so you can go over or under closest to the hall the average weight NFL offensive tackles.
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, you wanna go first.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go three thirty eight, okay, Todd two ninety four.
Speaker 1: Seat no counter, three oh five? Right, Marvin, I'm gonna go three sixteen, right.
Speaker 4: Paul Marvin wins.
Speaker 3: It's three fifteenulation classic. Yeah, of course Marvin didn't go over there with three.
Speaker 1: It was like three six three fifteen. Okay did you know? Did you know?
Speaker 9: I did not?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: No, yeah, okay, right, I see the.
Speaker 1: Google sixteen.
Speaker 7: Go over and show the weights of offensive lineman on Google. Give me a thread and you went over by once? It doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Do we have mad Dog Russo?
Speaker 2: When he was on first take and uh, before we bring Chris in, he was railing on Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey and the coverage.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I can look at that mothery you want head?
Speaker 18: She wants to enjoy her son, and who takes their golf friend.
Speaker 16: Two minutes into her relationship to visit mommy and daddy. I don't, by god, sat.
Speaker 4: I mean gonna show up, walking up and not one of the sun.
Speaker 16: She's a big name in the city, chief fan. She's never heard of lot.
Speaker 4: Wait home he time out?
Speaker 1: Maybe all right?
Speaker 2: Well, mad Dog Russo host a mad Dog Unleashed on Serious Exam and host of High Heat on MLB Network. Let's start out. First of all, Good morning, Chris. Let's start out with Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey. Can you at least embrace this that it's content.
Speaker 15: Listen, you know it's fun more than anything else.
Speaker 18: It's a fabricated to me all of a sudden, meeting mom and dad, meeting mom ten minutes into the.
Speaker 15: Relation, I was a little shaky.
Speaker 18: It's also good TV, then, as you know better than anybody else, Let's get them going. Let's get steven A, Let's get Squa, let's get Molly involved. We are in the entertainment business, as we know. I gotta sit up there and scream. They're not gonna get you know, they're not gonna break down. Cubs and Suzuki dropping the fly ball. I can'tay Atlanta. I'm not gonna have steven A go crazy on the Cubs collapsing so everybody can identify with that.
Speaker 15: That's part of the two.
Speaker 18: You know, you gotta remember when you're doing that particular segment, you got people behind you, and you want them to react as well, because the facial laughter and all that, and they're gonna have more of the reaction with Swift and Trace and Kelsey than they are on something else.
Speaker 15: Plus the fact I do feel it's stupid.
Speaker 18: They must have spent three hours on it, and the game was lousy, but Burkehrt and my buddy Olsen went on and on. I couldn't take it banging against the window. So you put everything together. I got to kill two minutes. What the hell, let's have some fun. That's that was the idea.
Speaker 2: But when you look at topics that we address now, we seem to you know, take the tree top here. It's it's kind of the same team's same topics. At least we try to shoehorn them into every show.
Speaker 18: You said, you know, what you're trying to do is you're trying to take something and a little different angle and trying to get a little mileage.
Speaker 15: Out of it, you know, And what.
Speaker 18: You can get a lot of mileage out of Kelsey and Swift. There are two huge stars and if I take a different angle with it, it will get attention. And no, in this case, I actually do have a different angle. Would I make a big deal about it? No, But I did say it Monday on the radio, you know, I did bring it up Monday on the radio. This is before TV. God, I can't take swift in the owner's box or in Kelsey's box. And I did a big deal about that on Monday too, which got a little little attention. But nobody's going to tell you when you say it there, especially in my goofy way to.
Speaker 15: Do it, it's going to get a lot of attention. But you know, uh, I hopefully you know, only got two ticked off on it.
Speaker 18: I did the gummies the week before, so there's a there's a goofy element now with this what I'm mad about. And that's why I thought it fit into the motive. It fit into what we're trying to do in that little segment there. Now, I'll be fair. I had a lot of people wanted me on last couple of days in putting Fox Business News, and I wouldn't do it because I don't want to go too crazy and make this you know, and and and extend this too much. I did it on Wednesday. We got some knowledge out of it. Now let's move on and go on. Maybe I'll do it again Monday when I see it. I don't have to do it on Thursday and Friday after I did it on Wednesday.
Speaker 15: That's overkilled, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my problem was that you have Patrick mahomes Is ankle's injured. He gets taken out of the game. Nobody asked any questions about his ankle. They ask him three questions about Taylor Swift. And that's when I go, come on, guys, let's focus on what is real here, and that's a guy who's had an injury, and maybe that comes back, you know, and hurts them in the long run.
Speaker 1: We're talking to the point now.
Speaker 18: They he got over the ankle last year in the postseason, so maybe people think that.
Speaker 15: They'll do it again. But that's an excellent point with the ankle. I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 18: But you know, I also think the game was so bad. That game was you can't watch the Bears. You just can't watch There's a couple of teams in the NFL. You can't watch Bears and Jets you can't watch them because the quarterback play. And I think the fact the game was so bad. AD's okay, what we're gonna do here? We gotta kill some time. Here's Taylor Swift banging.
Speaker 15: On the window.
Speaker 2: But she must love Travis Kelcey if she's willing to watch Zach Wilson play football that night.
Speaker 11: Funny.
Speaker 15: That's funny, right, that's a good one. She's gonna put up with that at Met Life.
Speaker 18: Zach Wilson. And you know, ask another thing that annoy me this week? And I love Joe Willie, we all do. Can Joe take Does Joe got to pile on Dan geez? I mean, is he got to kill him till the whole world's killing him? And then Joe goes on and kills them as well. I thought that was a loverboard.
Speaker 15: Did you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was disappointed in Joe because that position is about confidence. He's clearly lacking confidence. It's not all on Zach Wilson, but everybody is piling on him as if he's the reason why. I'm just amazed you take away Rogers and the Jets are this bad? I mean, is it really predicated on one guy?
Speaker 15: It's an excellent point.
Speaker 18: I thought they'd hang in there and be a pretty decent team without Rogers. I think part of it's the schedule. You know, Dallas, that's a tough game, and then the Belichick, you know, the Patriots owing to need the game in a worse way.
Speaker 15: You know, that game could have gone either way, you know, but they're gonna lose again this week.
Speaker 18: So I mean and New York Football, Dan, you know, if the Giants lose this week, their next two games of Buffalo and Miami on the road, I ain't gonna be one in five if they lose the Seattle, which they certainly could, and the Jets are going to lose this week.
Speaker 15: Here it is.
Speaker 18: We thought that the New York Football is going to be great. And it's funny. Two weeks ago, Goodell came into ESPN, you know, downtown, and I saw I didn't do the spot, but I saw him there and we were talking about the Jets, and he made a big deal to me about how the Jets were going to be a good team. And now that I've thought about it, it's Roger trying to make sure that the Jets were not going to be flexed out out of all these games, because you're going to flex.
Speaker 15: The Jets are in primetime constantly. You're gonna have to flex these games the heck out of there.
Speaker 18: And who's going to want to watch the Jets if they're won and six even with the good defense.
Speaker 2: Now, what would you have asked, Goodell? You didn't get a chance to do the interview? What is there one question that you want to answer to?
Speaker 15: Yeah? The one thing I would have asked Roger, how do you.
Speaker 18: Answer the idea that you suspend every NFL player for playing some sort of gambling thing, yet you make a fortune with gambling. That's hypocritical. So it's okay for author Blank to make a fortune with fan duel and all the gambling ads. And if Calvin Ridley plays fifteen hundred dollars, he gets suspended for a year.
Speaker 15: How is that right?
Speaker 18: Either you think gambling's bad or you don't, so you can make a fortune, Yet the players, if they play, get killed.
Speaker 15: That's what I would have got. I probably would have gone there.
Speaker 2: Myself talking to Chris mad Dog Russo mad Dog Unleashed on Sirius XM, also host of High Heat on MLB Network. Give me the storyline that's left to be played out in the regular season in baseball American.
Speaker 18: League West, Dan Seattle, Texas and the Ascoes. One of those teams is not going to make the playoffs. Toronto's going to get in Texas is playing Seattle. Seattle had a great win Nair Steiger. They had a two double in the bottom of the ninth by the shortstop Crawford to win the game against Chapman, so that kept them alive. So they trailed by a game Houston, and they chose Texas by a couple and I remember it's ty you know this, but the fans may not. It's tiebreaker, it's not an extra game. And Seattle's got the tiebreaker on Houston. So if they finished tied, Seattle makes it and not the World champs. And Houston's in Arizona this weekend and the Diamondbacks haven't cleansed the spot yet. So I think that three for two. I think that is your storyline in the American League West. The other storyline would be the Cubs, who were playing great with thirty three and fourteen that in Shade Bellinger, and now they can't get a win, and now Miami controls destiny for that last playoff spot in the NL East.
Speaker 15: And think about this for a second.
Speaker 18: Dan, no Mets, no Yankees, no Red Sox, no Giants, and maybe no Cups. Baseball is going to go in the postseason with maybe no Houston Baseball is going to go in the postseason with not a lot of their stables. You know they're you know, they're they're big ratings getters. See how that works here beginning next week.
Speaker 2: The best sports franchise, best team in New York right now is.
Speaker 15: Well, that's a good question. It's not the Jets. It's not the Giants. I hesitate. I Knicks are Rangers. I mean, the Rangers are pretty good, Lava. It's a good coach.
Speaker 18: The Rangers two years ago got to the semi finals. Last year they had a bad loss, but and they fired the coach. Maybe I'll say the Rangers. Uh, but the Knicks in the conversation, right, yeah, nixt are in the conversation. You're a second round playoff team. But the Giants are bad, They're not going anywhere. The Jets we just discussed, Uh, the Mets stink and the Yankee stink. So that doesn't leave you a lot of teams, those Big Four. Uh yeah, it's the football. New York's going to be bad again. Well it is already, but it's going to be bad again.
Speaker 1: Really is good to talk to you.
Speaker 15: Keep I love you, Dan, Can you buddy.
Speaker 1: Fire it up?
Speaker 2: Good to talk you man. Have a great weekend. Thank you, Doug, mad Dog Russo always fired up. This hour brought to you by the versatile EQB to the sublime EQS Todan Mercedes Benz makes Electric Extraordinary vehicles, All Electric, the feeling, all Mercedes, the Choice, all yours. Learn more MBUSA dot com, slash EQ. When we come back. Some sports terms that are now in the dictionary. Have that for you. Plus the M M WG O t W, which stands for PAULI.
Speaker 4: The most must win game of the weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, Charles Barkley will join us coming up a little less than an hour from now. We're back after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 16: Polly Foosco here with Tony Fosco.
Speaker 13: Yo.
Speaker 16: Of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all the sports talks, The Paully and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 9: Ye.
Speaker 16: Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is. Why. Yeah, Instead of us doing that, let's just let our millions of fans do the darker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Play the tape you.
Speaker 14: Don't know crap about fool, I own this crap.
Speaker 15: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 16: That's the wrong tape, wrong tape. Just forget that.
Speaker 18: Look. Listen to The Paully Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever.
Speaker 16: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Music from the eighties.
Speaker 2: The theme I'm guessing this is seat no O Connor replacements.
Speaker 1: Okay, love them.
Speaker 3: It's a great line. By the way, Jesus rides beside me but never buys any smokes.
Speaker 1: They're a great van.
Speaker 2: It's Big ten Saturday Night Michigan State and Iowa next Saturday, seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock Saturday Night presented by Discover.
Speaker 1: I had I saw this story sports names.
Speaker 2: Webster Dictionary add six hundred and ninety words, including some sports terms. You guys want to take a guess that there are three of them that I see that they've added to the dictionary. Out of the six hundred and ninety words, there are some notable sports ones. So I have one, two, three. Anybody want to take a guess what has been added?
Speaker 5: We use?
Speaker 2: We use one an awful lot at a certain point in the year. We have used one before to describe somebody, and I have not heard the other one used before. Anybody want to take a guess? I've stumped the band. Yes, Mark, And it's just one word, right, uh?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 3: Like I said, wastebnder.
Speaker 2: Now two of the words are one word, and then there's two words with another one. Two words are one word two words, and then there's two words or one and then two that are one word.
Speaker 1: If you said bracketology, you would be correct.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, if you said beast mode, you would be correct. Beast mode is now in the dictionary. According to the definition, an extremely aggressive or energetic style or manner that someone such as an athlete, adopts temporarily as to overpower an opponent in a fight or competition.
Speaker 1: The other word is goaded. Ah, goaded.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever heard or used goaded.
Speaker 1: Let me see what they say.
Speaker 2: People use it about you, Dan Well, of course, of course they don't give you the definition of goaded.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, it's not go o a d like goating you. It's it's means like you're considered the greatest of all time.
Speaker 4: Goated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goaded, the greatest of all time g O eight. Well, someone's been goded. That means now they're the best of all time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you? Yes, Todd, how do you.
Speaker 7: Feel about the Beast movie?
Speaker 6: That's like Marshaun Lynch's nickname and now it's like a thing for anyone that takes something to the next level or gear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, been around for a while, been around for a while, Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 5: The goat thing, you know, always bothers me because of plural and singularity. There can't be numerous goats in a sport. There is a goat if you're the greatest all the time. That is singular, like whenever someone has a really good thing, like Michael Parsons sees a goat, No, no, he's he's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, there can't be multiple goals.
Speaker 2: So it's we're liberal and uh you know we use it liberally. Yes, a little too many goats out there, all right, Must Win Game of the Weekend otherwise known as the m m.
Speaker 3: W g O t W the most must win game, most must win. It's not just a must win game, it's the most must most must win. Can be college or pro. Todd, I'm going to start with you.
Speaker 6: Especially after that last second loss in South Bend to the buck guys.
Speaker 7: Notre Dame must go into Durham.
Speaker 2: And uh didn't Paulie bring this up earlier today that that was going to be his.
Speaker 7: Oh was that claim that I know that I'll look for another on.
Speaker 1: See no'connor Todd, you're rascally today.
Speaker 2: Man, you are your your Friday, You're Friday French Show.
Speaker 7: We're supposed to do this at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're walking around, you got three gats. Barkley's joining us next hour. It's a Friday, all right, Cheaton.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Texas needs to beat Kansas.
Speaker 1: That's the one I liked.
Speaker 3: They absolutely need to win that game.
Speaker 2: That's a sneaky game. Kansas has a good coach man. He's turned around a couple of programs. Marvin super Random.
Speaker 9: Steelers have to beat the Texans if they want to stay up in the AFC North. These are the games they gotta win.
Speaker 4: All right, PAULI my uh mmg E O t W whatever.
Speaker 1: Mm w g O t W.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go the the the Jacksonville Jaguars, they are They're used to playing in London. They play in London all the time. That early game, everyone loved them. This year is their division to win. They're one and two. The Falcons are very beatable. You got the Bills next week. I think the bandwagon for the that team is gonna be emptying fast if they lose.
Speaker 2: I know you wanted to go Notre Dame against Duke, because if Notre Dame loses, then they're gone. Kansas Texas was gonna be mine. I'm gonna say, USC needs to make sure that they beat Colorado at Colorado because you want to have you got a Heisman Trophy. You also have a team in the national title picture, and if it's close, Colorado somehow pulls out that win. Now all of a sudden, Colorado is in the big picture again, Yes, Mark.
Speaker 9: Is this one of one of those losses where if they lose to Colorado, who's not a great team historically, is USC out because theyve Colorado only wins five games this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that.
Speaker 2: Well, you look back on their resume and go, all right, you lost to Colorado who won five games this year.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It would take them out of the equation because the Pac twelve is pretty good at least right now. And if you go through the Pac twelve your only losses to Colorado, you're going to be in the national title picture. And they certainly want Caleb Williams in the national title picture.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tod, how much.
Speaker 6: Better does Shador have to play against Caleb head to head for to significantly change the Heisman Trophy thoughts?
Speaker 7: If Colorado was to win by a couple of points.
Speaker 2: Well, if he wins and he's got good numbers, then that'll put him back in the conversation.
Speaker 7: That's not enough to put him at number one though yet.
Speaker 2: I don't think probably, don I mean Michael Pennox Junior, the third is up there too. He's been great for Washington, Lucas and Texas. Hey, look, welcome back.
Speaker 1: What do you have for me?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 19: And good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 19: Well, I was listening to earlier this week to the Crappensburg State Weekly Coaches Show. Of course we all know what our referencing talking to crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 19: Made me think of a show related observation and an accusation for you guys. So fans of the show know that you like to mark certain bathroom learns that the man came with jerseys to determine what kind of business to take care of where I believe it was an all time wif to not use Johnny Football's Cleveland jersey over his college one, if you.
Speaker 15: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Browns got you all right? Thank you.
Speaker 2: Luke Barry in Orlando, Hi Barry, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 1: One time?
Speaker 20: First time.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 20: I have two things. One is a hot take and the other one is a comment on the bet for Meet Friday. I think you should have some skin in that game. I think if they end up tied at the end of regulation, you don't get Meat Friday for the next for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: That that is the bet, Barry.
Speaker 20: Oh really if it ends up in a.
Speaker 1: Time yes, yes, it is idea though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, good, yeah, but thank you. Barry's never called in before, but he called in to make sure I had some skin in the game.
Speaker 1: And I do.
Speaker 3: And it's the three of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marvin, Seaton and myself. If there's a tie, then we don't get meet Friday the following week, right, right, that's guess Mark.
Speaker 9: Is it just for the one week?
Speaker 1: Just one week? Yeah, just one week.
Speaker 2: But Fritzy, if the Broncos don't win, Fritzy doesn't get to have Meat Friday until the Broncos get a win.
Speaker 1: Same with the Bears with Paulie.
Speaker 2: And yes, the Bears do play that following Thursday night, so Paulie might not miss out on a Meat Friday. There's a loophole there and he found it. Charles Barkley will give us his thoughts on Dame Lillard going to Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: He'll join his Final Hour