Speaker 1: Make Eck a legend, though legend, and what.
Speaker 2: I think. I think he's a legend of reporting. I think this is the thing, right, I don't so. I think going back to what you were saying a minute ago, for example, the complex top thirty media personalities or whatever, right, I think it's for me, I would probably say number one media personality in hip hop full stop.
Speaker 3: Probably Charlemagne. Yeah, that's on every That's what I'm saying. When they when they had to listen, he wasn't number one, and they called it a power rank, and I knew it was.
Speaker 2: Probably Charlemagne has to be number one. I think even Ac would probably agree. You know, I've heard act in many interviews say he was inspired by Charlemagne. And the reason I think Charlemagne is number one isause I think Charlemagne can do it all. He's author, He writes books on very positive topics. You know, he's got that Black Privileged book, and he's actually doing good, trying to spread ideas in a way that is you know, hey, maybe one day I could write a book. I think it takes a lot of the intelligence, a lot of a lot of brain power to write now actual book. He can also interview people. He's got top shelf interviews with the best rappers you could name for decades, so he can nail that. And also, you know, he's a good debater, he's a good content creator. He's made shows, he's hosted shows. Charlamage is Charlad's all around, he's hard man facts, and he's been around. You know, he's been doing it for a long time and he's stayed on top. You know, that's that's undeniable. I think the reason I think Ac is the best in his space. I think it's like what space.
Speaker 1: It's like, this is what I'm saying. It's just not that's not a space.
Speaker 3: That's that's when you board do that, like if you pay attention. Twitch realized that he was dumb enough that he was going to do this anyway. This isn't a business for this guy. This guy is just has nothing to do. Stop paying him.
Speaker 2: But hey, listen, like I we're here talking about him, so he's doing something.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm not saying he's not relevant, right, relevant. See I'm giving him that, right. A lot of the Homeboys they now act is relevant. He has a big platform. Not taking that from him, I'm saying that it's not a real thing, this legendary, this top of the space of what space.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's I'm gonna say something controversial, and I know a lot of people aren't gonna feel this. You might you might not be feeling this either. I think the War in chi Iraq series is says a lot more positive stuff about act than people give him credit for. I know a lot of people say the War in ch Iraq, he's belittling these situations that are really deadly in Chicago, and he was making light of that stuff. If people want to say that, fair enough. But what I think a lot of people forget is that like now Chyraq and Chicago drill music has become the biggest thing in hip hop. Academics had his finger on that pulse back in twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, when ain't nobody heard about or was interested in Chicago hip hop. And whether or not you believe that he approached those topics with the sensitivity that they deserved, that's another debate. But you can't deny the Academics was report in Chicago drill.
Speaker 1: He was had his.
Speaker 2: Finger on the pulse and he's for damn near That was like ten years ago, the Warren Trirack started. He has maintained that relevancy for ten years. If people love him, they hate him. But even now, we're gonna go on axt page and we're gonna see the Young Boy and the Little Dirk Beef updates before anyone else has got them. And let's be real, that is the number one story going on.
Speaker 3: But that's not a contribute to academics. That's a contribute to Dirk and Young Boy. You see like you're there, You're there. Maybe it's a mix, but there's a lot of people there because oh he's finna say like he's on the Young Boy thing. That's why the podcast has an exclusive deal with Spotify, and it barely even charts. It'd be like number nine and ten. I know that's disappointed for Spotify. We pay you, we pay you millions of dollars and we can't.
Speaker 1: Even keep you number one. For people whose.
Speaker 3: Podcast available everywhere, he's consistently under million dollars worth a game, consistently under Joe Biden, consistently under Adam Like he's I ain't gonna say Adam, he's over Adam. But he's consistently under some of the biggest podcast, and it's like, all right, So when he's able to talk about some of these hot button topics, a lot of the driver of the audience is there because it is a hot button topic.
Speaker 1: It ain't because of his perspective or what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Here's the argument against that, his argument against that. And I agree with some of what you said, but I think with the with academics. When his podcast first came out and he had that big debut where he had what do you have? He had Whack one hundred and six nine debating, which was crazy, Like I know, like bear in mind, hip hop has changed so much in the last few years, you forget that. Like when that first off the record episode happened with Super Snitch six ' nine and Super Solid Street Dude Whack one hundred in the same room at the same table. That was crazy and that was number one bus.
Speaker 3: So you know what they're saying to me, he poured the trigger too early, But it was cool because he had to pour the trigger in because he just got the beg before before let me explain, let me explain the primise, he just got the beg from Spotify. You got to bag up Academics is unproven in podcasting.
Speaker 1: They knew nothing. They didn't know.
Speaker 3: They know he has a platform in an audience, but as far as podcasting, he had no numbers.
Speaker 1: So what did they do.
Speaker 3: They had to go and negotiate, Hey, we'll give you two or three episodes a week because you're gonna have to pay us millions of dollars, but we'll give you a couple of episodes a week to kind of make sure the numbers stay in a good there. He got some great people to negotiate form. But bro, that's one of his first episodes. It's now time to renegotiate what does he have since now won't even come see him no more.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing I think Academics also, I gotta give him credit because I understand what you're saying. I think that when it comes to following the stories that are popular in hip hop, I think the good The one good thing that I think is really good about Academics that he doesn't get enough credit for is that I don't think he's scared of reporting on some of the stories that maybe aren't gonna be number one hit, stories that are going to reach a million people. For example, you know, he invite me to be on Off the Record, right, I got on Off the Record episode and listen, I think I'm awesome. I fucking love the content. I make a great but like, I'm not a six to nine level guy, right, I know that I can accept that my egos is what it is. Like me going on off the Record ain't gonna be his best week by any means, you know what I mean, if he was who he.
Speaker 1: Was, if he was legendary Wood.
Speaker 3: So what we're doing with Minds is we about to build something like Rogan Gap, and we're gonna put the money behind it, the resources, and most importantly the conversations like this conversation right here. The mess is here. This this is a golden nugget. This is nugget on the Internet. As long as you dropping nuggets on the internet, you know, you drop nuggets. As long as you dropping nuggets on the Internet, You're gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Bro, I agree, I agree. But I think I think with Ac I think sometimes he is somebody that's not scared to do a story that he's personally interested in. Like bear in mind, right, I've blown up loads in the last month because of the whole all the attention around this whole king vo controversy, but invite me onto his podcast back in December, so he kind of saw.
Speaker 3: Act didn't validate you. Bro, your content is dope. This is what I need for the young niggas watching me because they'll trick you in this stupid ass game. You don't need these niggas. They ain't never told me I was dope. They bosses told me I was dope. The niggas that cut they checks told me. I don't expect academics to say long dope. He can't talk like me. I don't expect that. So, Bro, you didn't need him him bringing you on this podcast helped him.
Speaker 1: He can't get a rapper to show up. You helped him.
Speaker 3: I meant, I'm telling you. I'm telling you your content is dope. Academics didn't validate you. Spend hours on this ship, you put your hard work, and then you have dope content.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: You got the views this pruved, you got dope content. Bro, He ain't did none special bringing you own for an exclusive contract that don't even reach half the people that know him. Twenty twenty five percent of the people know him. Listen, to that shit. The other seventy five percent listen to the shit like you saying they want to hear the Newsy shit he's doing on that podcast.
Speaker 1: Shit is falling by the wayside.
Speaker 3: And so when you call dude a legend or legendary, I'm saying, all right, help me understand, because I can't put together the business that he's put in place. He lost his Twitch deal because they know thise yo, this dude to do this for free guaranteed. If he won't, we'll pay him, but give him three months. If he twitch over, he'll do this for free. He'll he so much wont the clout. He went and got a Rumble deal where they pay him, and he still go to twitch for free. He might get your little you might get your little subs and shit, but you got exclusive deal.
Speaker 1: It's like bru.
Speaker 3: At some point, I'm dropping nuggets, be like Joe Budden was when Spotify paid Joe shut out the doors. This is what we at We finished show them people coming. And that's what I'm saying about. What business have these guys established? You hit me salute Charlemagne is the goat of the space one percent. It's the business I'm looking at Joe Budden now with the Patren shit going crazy, going Whillo and Gilly going crazy, drink Champ's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's the business.
Speaker 3: What business have have academics put in place? They make you say he's legendary.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing, man. I'll be honest, like, I'm pretty green when it comes to the podcast face. I don't really know the ins and outs of the deals that people get other than I looked into Joe's deal for my video and stuff. But I have respect for academics, you know. I feel like he is somebody that bear in mind. Put it this way, right, I for a living, I look into these stories and I'm constantly searching for information from the past. I'm looking for what was the young boy But yeah, what was the young boy controversy in twenty nineteen? And I look it up and it's all academics reporting on it, you know what I mean? And so I respect that.
Speaker 1: And I can do too. I do too.
Speaker 3: But I think it's our wasted bullets. I think it's like shooting in the air, you know what I'm saying, Like, when it's business happening, I believe they have to be shooting in the air.
Speaker 1: He just boom boom.
Speaker 2: But I don't think but I don't think academics. Obviously he cares about money. He's got a nice house, he's got nice cars. But I think he does strike And you might disagree, but he does strike me as somebody that genuinely loves hip hop. He genuinely loves hopping on stream and talking shit about young boy and he would do that for free. And I think I do respect that, even if you know, I don't know the ins and outs of his business. Maybe there's people that cut better deals, maybe there's people that cut worse deals. But I just think the guys love for hip hop, and the guy's hungry.
Speaker 3: Now, he didn't even grow up in it. I grew up in it. He don't love it more than me. But that don't make me ignore the business. Anything I ignore make me dumb. I ain't ignoring the obvious for nobody, right. My love for some don't make me stay with a woman if she ain't doing me no well, if she, like I heard him say, somebody try to certain things happen like bruh, you got to understand certain things call for certain things. I'm not putting myself in a situation to say I could be doing business, but I'll do it for free. I love it that much like I will do it for free. I've done it for free. Matter of fact, most of us is making money off this. We've done it for free. We've already done it for free. So when you in this position, I'm saying, this is the time academics has to establish business like everybody else, because we talk in legacy and we don't know what the fuck YouTube gonna be in twenty years. But if you build you a back catalog of content like you got that can be licensed, or you build you a back catalog of content, right, this is business. You need to be creating business, not get caught up in all this fandom, all this.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan. I'm upsets. Let it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Now do business too, though, enjoy yourself, but do business. So I'm saying, legendary legacy are business men. When I want to have him under Charlemagne, Joe Charlemagne, academics.
Speaker 2: That was crazy?
Speaker 1: Are we?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Are you glad it's on the list. It makes me We got Adam two million a month. There's so many drink Wallow and Gilly what academics three with what business?
Speaker 2: It was crazy. But this is the thing, bro, if I have if I got to the point where I'm trying to cut a podcast pot cost, still I need you at my corner color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: You know you got you. You know your ship. Bro, I'm I'm new to.
Speaker 1: The We're gonna work on something behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely gonna try to put a play together, like a big one, you know, with one of these big networks, because you know, I got the game. But I will talk about that. We'll talk about you know that at another time. How much time it will close up in a minute. How much time do you spend on these documentaries, like saying, NBA Young Boy documentary, how much time are you spending on it?
Speaker 2: I would say on average, I would say it takes me about probably, like for every hour that a video is probably a month. So the King Von video took me three months straight straight up. I didn't do nothing else but look at King Von shit for three months. So with this young Boy thing, you know, I don't I don't know how long it's gonna be. I'm still I'm I thought I was further out. Probably I'm not even halfway through. But I've been working on this for over damn near two months now, and I feel like maybe I need another month.
Speaker 1: It might be motherfuckers, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, it's long, but that usually i'd say, I'd say like a month for for for an hour.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like because back in the day, I used to do like little fifteen to twenty minute videos, and I could do one of those in a week, you know, research the story, record it, get it edited in like a week. But yeah, these long videos they take a long time, man. And you know the way it works is it's almost like I'll be researching, you know, for a month, and then I'll hand it off to an editor. They might edit for a whole month while I'm researching the next thing for a month. That makes sense. So yeah, they take a lot of time, man, And you know, like I go back to what I was saying earlier, you know, for for better or for worse. You know, I do have an obsession for hip hop, you know, I have an obsession for my work. I've got an obsession for the Internet.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I love writing, I love researching, and I don't think I would be able to do this, you know, look at the same stories for months, or you know, sometimes I work super late nights. I work, you know, I can work all night long, just research and writing, listening to music, making notes. And if I didn't love this shit, if I wasn't serious about it, if I was just you know, a vulture, just trying to trying to steal some music for clout and money, I wouldn't be able to really commit to this. Because I love this shit. Man, I'm excited to get up in the morning and listen to a mixtape I've not heard before and learn about an artist and read about their in views and their backstories, like I love this shit. So you know, I spend months on these stories, but I enjoy it. And it's hard work, but it's very.
Speaker 3: So if you, let's say you got two months in and you find out the story's no good, damn he didn't do it, I want you to know that it's okay to put it out with all that information in at the end turns out he did none of this, right. I want you to know that that's okay, because I don't want you to commit going in that yo, I have to find these twelve murders and justify whatever this is right, whatever they're saying. I'm looking to justify to a point where again hammer looking for nail.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I am. I don't know, but this next project, who knows, it might end up going that way because I'm doing that research and you know, I'm finding in stuff that's saying the one thing, stuff that's saying the other thing. And you know, I agree. I definitely don't want to give people the impression that I get to these stories with like a false narrative or I'm just trying to prove that everybody is the biggest, baddest gangster in the world. You know that's really not the case. My thing is the truth. I want to get the truth across. I want to get my opinion, but also like the facts and then for me to say, look, based on the fact, this is how I feel the situation is, or this is how just and it's not.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: I know I'm an outsider to the culture, and I can accept that. But what I am is I'm a good researcher. I'm a very dedicated researcher, and I think that you know, if I spend two months looking at something, my opinion on what all of that shit that I spent two months looking at is still should be somewhat valid, And you know, I hope that people can see that, you know, whether it's a video about King von and you know, the alleged murders, or whether it's a video about you know, I don't know if you've seen other recent stuff like Eminem and his wife and going through this this crazy divorce that you know, completely affected his career in every way. And you know, you can argue that this relationship that's what got him hooked on drugs and nearly killed him. So you know, I look into these stories and I really try and learn everything and call it how I see it. And you know, I know a lot of people disagree with me, and you know, some people don't like me for certain reasons, or they think that I shouldn't talk about what I talk about or whatever, and you know, I understand where people are coming from. But honestly, like I do just love hip hop, like you know, I do love writing making videos, and you know, I just try and make videos for other people that love hip hop and want to learn about art.
Speaker 3: Did you do you write everything down? Like is you reading like a teleprompter or script. How do you how do you communicate these things on camera? Because again you do it with like you're not reading. You're doing a great job, right, So how do you communicate these things on camera?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's funny. I only started using the teleprompt to recently. I think the first video I used the teleprompter run was and maybe the most three documentary that I did last year. But you know what I do is I tend to write. I do a lot of research. You know, I'll read all the rap lyrics, I'll watch the music videos, I'll read the interviews, and I'll put those into like a research document, usually in like chronological order. So it's like, you know, right now with this young boy things ample, it's like, okay, I've just got like background of where he's from, Baton Rouge, and then it's like, you know, his his life, his upbringing, and then it's like, you know, his first album, what did he say? What were the events going on around him with the first album? The next album, or you know, we get to his court case, he goes to the court. What happened with the court case? Did he win, did he lose? What happened he gets out what's the next album? So I try and get all of that info lined up, and then once I feel like I've learned everything, I then try and write it in my voice with you know what I've learned, like my perspective of like, Okay, I think, you know, there's this lyric and then this happened. I think that that means this is where his head was aut at the time he wrote this lyric, or you know clearly he was going through some shit because he said this and then this happened, and you know he went through a difficult case or dude got addicted to drugs or whatever. And so I'll kind of write that up until I get to the point where I feel like I've explained everything that happened. It's like I don't want to just throw up a lyric and not say anything. I want to throw up a lyric and say, what does this mean?
Speaker 1: Like was he trying to say wonder stuff? Don It's it's.
Speaker 2: Really a case of, like, you know, just me lining it all up and just trying to give my interpretation. I think I think a lot of a lot of people maybe don't like that I give my opinion, but at the same time, it's kind of like, look, if we've got a lyric where Young Boys saying I've got twelve bodies, I think it's reasonable to be able to say, look, young boy released an album. He's got two or three lyrics on there where he's talking about doing drive bys and catching bodies. And you know what I think this means is that this is a point when Young Boy is at a time in his career where he wants to, you know, let his ops or whatever know that he's he's still here, he's still standing. You know, he's really trying to let people know that he's not affected by the drama going on. And it's it's stuff like this, this might be something useful. Something I really try and do is I try and write stories in a way that somebody that didn't know much about hip hop, or even somebody that just somebody that's a casual listener but they don't know Young like they've heard two Young Boy songs. I try and write things in a way so that somebody that doesn't know anything about him can still understand it. I try not to have too much like context of like you have to have heard all of Young boys albums to get one talking about he mentions this person, like I try and explain, like if young boy mentions one of his friends is always there for him. Or for example, with the Young Boy's story, you know, in a lot of songs, he mentions rip Lil Dave. A lot of people might know what that means. Or he says I put this on Dave, I swear on Dave, and it might be it's like, okay, let me explain to people. You know, young boy releases this album and he mentions his friend littl Dave numerous times, and then I'll say Lil Dave was a friend of his when he was you know, he was a teenager. Unfortunately ended up losing their life and this was, you know, the first person he lost, and this ended up affecting him and this went on to affect his music and the way he saw the world. So it's really trying to explain that to somebody. If you're a dope Young Boys fan.
Speaker 3: Need to know that's dope right to even be able to there's something there. There's something special about being able to do that, dude. I want you to know that, right, because a lot of people in his industry, again, they know Yo, here's another thing. The people ahead that you will find you way before they tell anybody about you. So somebody like Academics inviting you to his podcast in twenty twenty two, he's been known about you since twenty seventeen type thing. Right, So I want you to know or just I want you to know that these people know you. These people know you're dope. They will never say it. I don't know why this industry is that way. I'm probably the only one that just gonna be like, Yo, it's something there, bro, hang in on that, like that little thing is something like I'm telling you, it's business right there, something you know what I mean, a lot of people not going for whatever reason. Bro. I just wanted to say that to you, but not even necessarily about young boy, right. I'm just more so wondering when you craft this shit up. It's just interesting to see how you do it. You know what I'm saying. Is the teleprompter affecting it?
Speaker 1: Is it good? Is it working well? Do you like that better?
Speaker 2: Or quite interesting? Man? No one's ever asked me this, but yeah, I think the teleprompter is tricky because previously what I would do is I would literally you can't see it. But where I'm sat right now, I've got the camera there I'm looking at, and i got the screen where you're at. What I used to do is I would have my script on the screen where you are, and I would just read, you know, I'd literally would look at the sentence. I would just try and remember it, and I would turn to the camera and I would say it, and I would just do that. It would take me hours and hours. But back then I was doing shorter videos. But I think the reason why that's always been good is because you can tell that I'm not just reading a script. You might have seen there's a lot of channels out there where you've got dudes that just read to the teleprompter and it's words that they didn't write. It's random shit, And you can actually tell that when they're reading it, they're sort of saying like the sentences don't really work because they don't know what's coming. They're same and then NBA young boy would get in trouble because he got into a situation. But you can tell they don't know what's coming, Whereas I've written every word, so I know what's coming. So even though I'm reading it off a teleprompter. I know my intention and I know the tone. Like I know that if I'm talking about somebody that just lost their life, you know, I need to speak with a little bit more of a sensitive tone. I need to say, yeah, you know, at two fifteen am, you know, somebody got out of a dark vehicle and open fire. You need to say that a bit more seriously than if you're saying, you know, young boy released his new album and it was lit. It was full of bangers, and he went number one, you know, and somebody that didn't write the content and didn't have a personal connection to it might not be able to do that. Because I do care about this shit. I don't want people to think I'm making light of somebody that got killed or whatever. You know, I have a personal connection with these stories. I'm passionate about them, like I write these scripts. Like for me, it's you know, a lot of people maybe don't give me credit for it, but like you'll notice, especially in like my video about FBG Dark or my video about you know, the Jacksonville kind of who I Smoke Beef, I always try and end videos with like some positive perspective, which is my opinion, Like I'll say things the Jacksonville video, for example, I kind of end by saying, look, we really need this violence to stop. We got trying, you know, we got try and see things better and try and see a positive outcome of this situation, because we've just got people dying on both sides and dissing each other, and it's just getting out of control. And I think it's like I think those touches where I just try and give a bit of extra perspective, or even in the King Von video, you know, I know a lot of people were upset that you're painting him as the serial killer. But if you watch the video carefully, you know there's a there's a segment at near the start of the video where I say, look, before we get any further, I just want to say King Von is a product of his environment. He grew up in a tough situation where it was kill or be killed. He had to defend herself and his people from these dangers, and I think, you know, maybe some people don't care for that.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like the apology after the murder. You know, it's like, damn, you just shot my nephew and say it sorary. You know they're probably ain't the same kind of We appreciate that, but that don't outweigh that. You know this, that's the thing that's happening with that. But I wanted you to answer this. If if NBA young Boy join this stream right now, because I know Alex. Now, if inn being young would join this stream right now and say, hey, white boy, stay out of my business, what do you say to that.
Speaker 2: I'd probably say, like, keep your business off the Billboard charts.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You know that he wants me to stay out of his business. But he just dropped two albums this month, you know what I mean. I got third, I got like fifty tracks to listen through. You know, I think I love Young Boy. You know, I respect him, I respect all of these artists. But I think I think if you're look, if you're a gangster and you're in the streets and you're really doing this stuff and you're keeping it real, you would not be telling people the things you did in the streets. I think when you become a rapper and you put yourself in the public sphere, you become a public figure. You're making music about your life, you're telling you're trying to share your story. You rappers want people to talk about them, So I think it's it's I think it's wrong for people to say, like Young Boy is going to release an album, it's gonna go number one on Billboard, it's gonna sell a hundred thousand copies, but I'm not allowed to talk about it or look into it. You know. I feel like that's just it's just an unrealistic expectation. You know, if you didn't want people looking into your life, you shouldn't have put it on a Billboard charting song. But that said, I actually think although a lot of people have come at me, for example, for King Von, a lot of people have defended me and said when King Von was alive, he wanted everyone to think he was the big killer. King Von was literally resharing videos of like things on World Star, of shootouts that he had letter was allegedly involved in, like Von, not to go too far back to Vaughn, but like, you know, Young Boy, for example, he's released an album called The Richest Op and it's full of all this stuff where he's kind of dissing his ops, going at his enemies. You know, it's he wants people to think of him as a tough guy, as a gangster. So I don't think he would really be upset, And I honestly.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure because it's it's the criminal element you putting together to make it cause again investigation.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been on the investigation.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that these days will could be used in those kind of scenarios, Like definitely, Man, they don't have an understanding of the culture. A lot of times they misrepresent words and they got to ask people inside the culture. That's why the CI is so important to the to the criminal element, to the police, is because without the CI, they don't even know what we communicate, and somebody might kind of say, hey, bring me to bring me to my ice man, and then pull up with some of that.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, I do get what you're saying. I understand where you're coming from. It's like, for example, in the young boy situation, you know, it's I don't think it's fair to suggest like I'm responsible for him being investigated. For example, he just released the music video, right and in the music video he's got a lyric where he says, we're gonna lay his head on a pillow when we pull up on him, and in the music video, he's laying on the floor putting his head on a pillow and all these guys are over him going like this. And this is a reference to the murder of g Money, where a pillow was found at the crime scene and the you know, everyone says, ah, they threw a pillow on him after they shot him. Now that's not true. I know that's not true. It was a pillow that was left by the medical services that were there trying to save him after he got found shot. But young boys on a song talking about we're gonna lay his head on a pillow when we catch him, and he's in the music video on the ground with the pillow, dancing laughing. It would be wrong to say that he gets investigated because of me pointing that out when everybody in Baton Rouge knows that this guy got found dead with a pillow next to him, and everybody can see young boy dancing around on the floor with his pillow. So I do respect what you're saying, but I think it's almost like the incrimination has already occurred, but.
Speaker 3: We're changing words, and so I do want to let the youngsters know, young boy, and everybody is watching that that's irresponsible to take their kind of stance on music, right, If that does correlate, if that is a situation, I want us to move away from that. I can't tell a nigga what to do. But here's the thing. When we deal with an artist, when we deal with someone like him, I'm not saying you responsible. That's a word you used. I said you're adding to the investigation. So when you're under investigation, it's exactly what it is, an investigation.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: A lot of the investigation nowadays operates literally all off social media, and they verify or they look at YouTube as social media, right, so they literally go on YouTube type shit in and somebody like you, with the job that you do with this kind of shit, man, there's probably three or four police sitting down watching this shit.
Speaker 1: Your your documentary. I'm telling you this for sure.
Speaker 2: I just I don't believe it. I'm telling you thismentary. No. But here's here's what I'm trying to say my documentary.
Speaker 3: Whether they use it or not, I think you're confusing what I'm saying with them actually using your content in court. I'm saying just this the same way you look at academics without using his content and just be like, oh, maybe that is a point, Maybe that kind of it's the same way the Fears or the State would look at some of those documentaries.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I just feel like you're giving me too much credit and you're not giving the state enough. For bear in mind, it's like, I've got a video, for example, King Von He's on his IG live and he's talking about I swear I've got more than five bodies, for example. Whether I understand that a lot of people believe that it's cap and he's maintaining a rapper image, fine, you know that's not my perspective, but fair enough. But I think the idea that the cops are seeing that in my video two years after it happened, rather than I think I'm one hundred percent sure that there is probably a Baton Rouge detective whose job it is to just watch all of young boys Instagram stories and music videos. So it's already happened.
Speaker 3: I've been on investigation, I got state charges, I got friends in the Fears, I've dealt with the Fears. I've spit hundreds of thousands of dollars on federal lawyers. I've been set up and snitched on myself, not my cousin, not my friend. They brought to people to bust me. So I'm telling you that they don't have an understanding like you. You're giving them too much credit. They're a bunch of lazy fucks.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, you ain't even from the you ain't even from the States.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you now, on a certain level it gets serious.
Speaker 3: But Bro, they don't have an understanding in the way that you think they have an understanding.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you they don't.
Speaker 3: That's why half of what happens in court is cooperation because they don't know nothing. They don't really know what the fuck that means or how.
Speaker 1: Did you do that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they'll give a dude been sixty murders. They'll let him go, just tell us how to hear you did that. We don't have no understanding on it.
Speaker 2: So here's why, here's why I disagree. Just with one good example. I think I did a video on the ysl wyfn me right, wife.
Speaker 3: And you before you go, I'm gonna let you get that off, but I want to set this premise before you go. The reason why that is different is because Atlanta is culture, so that even the DA's is culture. To judge everybody in Atlanta because it has bled culture. But that's that's an anomaly that doesn't happen everywhere.
Speaker 2: But continue, Okay, I if that's your opinion. But I think just more specifically, I released my video about the wifn YSLB six months before Young Thug got indicted, right, and then when he got indicted, a lot of people saying, oh, it's because of Trap law Ross. He did a video. And bear in mind, I released my video after Luci got indicted. So Luci gets indicted, I make a video and I literally say in my video, it seems like Young Thug has moved away from the streets. He's just a musician, he's not involved in that. Unfortunately, Luci got caught up and he's caught Rico. Six months after I released my video, young Thug catches his case and everybody starts saying it's trap lau Ross. His video. It broke it down so well that he's the one responsible. But here's the thing. Then the indictment drops and what's in the indictment All they've got all of his They got his phones like details from his stone. They got pictures, communications messages between them saying young thug book in this rental car. They've got him instagramming people saying you know, we soldiers, we have to get the job done or whatever it was. And it's like when you actually then see it's like they got way more resource.
Speaker 3: I want to point out in Atlanta, she is culture. She understands the terms, the language. She she has dealt with rapt Again, Atlanta is a different space. And I think because you haven't dealt with the criminal system, there's no way you don't have a reference. But I'm telling you, you go into this criminal system and they don't know the culture like that. That's why cooperation is prevalent in Atlanta. Though everybody is a part of black culture. Even I'll give you an example. Just the other day in the wide Sale case, instead of going to jail, the judge told the dude, hey, you go to go you gotta go buy lunch.
Speaker 1: Guess where he went, Magic City. He's the lawyer.
Speaker 3: You went, got wings and shit from Magic every is cultured in Atlanta. It's a different So I wouldn't contribute it as much to an Atlanta situation because I know that Diata understand rap music.
Speaker 1: When when Thug.
Speaker 3: Is on the song and saying I keep a dress under the stick and all of that, I know she knows how to kind of put some of this together more so than some of these white, old, elderly people who won't leave their job. But their investigator for this state place, I'm telling you they don't know. But with Atlanta, even though she's misrepresented lyrics, I need to be on record saying that, but I think that she has more of an understanding the DA office in Atlanta has more of an understanding of hip hop culture.
Speaker 1: Even Thug. They know that situation.
Speaker 3: I believe them to have cousins and family that could be intertwined somewhere down the line.
Speaker 1: That know some of those guys, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that same thing cont be applied to like Baton Rouge. You know, your young boy's been investigated since late twenty sixteen, right, so that's like seven years that they've had to get their head around the lingo and all this stuff. You can't just say it's all trying.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that. That's all I'm saying. You add to the understanding again. I gave the example the same way you look at academics and you don't take him from his word everything.
Speaker 1: He says you. It's two our thing.
Speaker 3: I know this guy don't know everything, but oh, fuck that little piece we didn't Hey you heard that little piece. We didn't know about that. That's what I'm saying, right. It ain't that, Oh we're taking trap Lord Ross documentary and we're drawing the indictment up off of that. That's not happening. But I'm telling you and guaranteeing you that there's some investigators sitting down watching that for perspective, not necessarily to grab charges, but for perspective in the same way that we do when we go do an interview or try to do a doc or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's what I would believe to that. What do you say.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, man, I just I'm not sure I believe it. I feel like it's a bit of a reach. But at the same time, we have a difference in perspective, you know. I just feel like, you know, for example, the Feds, right, you know, the five people that were caught for FBG Duck's murder, they're currently awaiting trial. I just don't believe that the investigators that were looking into them didn't have the knowledge or the context to decipher what was going on. You know, they got they've got what.
Speaker 3: Do you say, Chicago? They don't know, Bro, they don't have the content. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I don't know though, because I mean, there's that King Von's song. Was it that there's the King Von song?
Speaker 1: What it's like?
Speaker 2: And he says at the end of the song, he says, he basically says the conversation that he had with the investigators, and they said, oh, you know, d Rose, that's my work. You know, Rondo number nine, that's my work. So it's like Von's talking about these guys, these these meds.
Speaker 1: They that's what I'm trying to tear.
Speaker 3: You've never been arrested, probably I'm been onder investigation.
Speaker 1: They say these.
Speaker 3: Things, Hey man, we know we know about you always having a gun on you know, said gas. We know that you know you. We know you came back from Tech. They might have saw me come back from Texas. We know you came back from Texas last week. We know we know you was out there. You know, we know what you was doing out there.
Speaker 1: You know. They say these things. I'm telling you this for sure.
Speaker 2: They but they're not getting not from YouTube videos. I just thought, I'm with when.
Speaker 1: You even speaking of for next two times.
Speaker 3: Guess what when he went to court, they brought in thirty two articles. Articles are evidence from the government side that they placed forward to try to let the judge know why you do deserve more time or why you deserve the maximum or whatever it is. I think he said twenty nine thirty of those was all social media YouTube things when he would go off on money bag yo bitch, had Nick had a gun in the club, flash to gun. They are getting everything from YouTube and social media.
Speaker 1: I'm guaranteeing you this.
Speaker 2: But that's that's his own social media.
Speaker 1: Why not his own social media? I was it's about it discurve this. It was not his own social media.
Speaker 3: It was videos of him at the club, maybe with an ar on stage, like talk to the side or with a gun. Well, he might have been relive, but that video was on YouTube. He had been deleted that so that video might have been on YouTube somewhere. And so I'm saying this is assistance. This is assistance, is what I'm saying, whether it's on him or not. You gotta acknowledge that the role that you play in it, or you saying are you saying you don't think you played zero role? With the great journalism that you do wrapped around these things, you're telling me you play zero role in an investigation if there is.
Speaker 1: One going on.
Speaker 3: You don't believe no one to have ever looked at one of your documentaries.
Speaker 1: For perspective in law enforcement.
Speaker 2: I do not believe my videos have played any role, zero role in an active investigation. I can imagine an investigators probably watched my video for fun, But I don't think I played any role in an investigation if there was some evidence, if you could show me an indictment where one of my.
Speaker 1: Won't be referenced.
Speaker 3: From this perspectives, So when I'm telling you, what I'm telling you do is you think you get a million views and there's not a golden nugget in it?
Speaker 1: Oh, you think there's a million dumb people? No, no, no, no, there's golden nuggets. There's nuggets in this.
Speaker 2: Those are nuggets that the cops already have.
Speaker 1: I just do.
Speaker 2: It seems unbelievable to me that they would they would not look at any of the I just don't exactly bear of mind, bear in mind no, but this is what I'm saying. It's like bear of mind. Like for example, you know I got I might get a clip of young boy toting the gun. Right, that is the same clip that he got arrested for. I don't know if you you know, if I do, you know the story. But like in twenty twenty, twenty twenty, young boys doing a music video. He's on probation, he shouldn't be around guns. He's on social media with all of his voice toting an ak and then the Feds pull up up and they arrest him, the arrest everyone. And this is the case that young boys, he's a waiting trial for this weapons charge because he was on social media with his gun. Now, he's it's not my fault if I put that in a video that he was doing that. He should not have been totally a gun in his neighborhood.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You're right, right, responsibility right, He should never never be doing that. I remember one time academics had posted Meek Mial and he was on probation, and he was in his neighborhood feeling one of the most dangerous places in the world, so they had fire.
Speaker 1: Arms on them.
Speaker 3: Academics reposted meet people and then hit him up. Hey bro, he on probation, bru take it down. They didn't get him locked up, academics, what's wrong? I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I don't hear.
Speaker 3: He just loves because he himself active of the internet babies. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, we're trying to tell y'all this preserve our culture.
Speaker 3: But y'all don't look at it like that because y'all ain't a part of it for real. So what happens is when we say, yo, don't send me to jail for something, yo. Like with John Moran, that shit going crazy right now. He shouldn't have done that. But in our culture sometimes your people will bury some shit if they can.
Speaker 1: For us, it's like, yo, you shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 3: Everybody posted, but we always ignore the incentive that everybody is monetizing people's downfalls. People are monetizing people's mistakes. That's what's happening. So if it wasn't an incentive, you could tell a person, hey man, they might send me to jail, bro, and they'll take it down.
Speaker 1: But because they want, especially academics that.
Speaker 3: Thirst to be first, that thirst to be first, and make him throw it up. But bro, I'm thinking, like, fuck man, like I want us to find a medium for that shit.
Speaker 1: But again, I can't deal with self snitching. I don't do it. I think it's dune.
Speaker 2: Listen, Ja Moran, because I've been looking into this too. He got away one time. He was lucky. He flashed that gun in the street club. They nearly banned him. They gave him like two game suspension. I don't know what he's doing running around showing guns on Instagram live again. That's on him, bro, he why is he doing that again?
Speaker 3: Bro, he's gonna from you know, I can't talk about that with you, man, that's my boy, And they gonna say long damn man, it just happened.
Speaker 1: You talking about it with the white boy up there.
Speaker 3: That ain't cool. So I'm a whole on four minute on the job topic. That's my guy. I wish him the best. YA don't know what's happening. I do understand it. Something's happening, and I hate it for him, right. I think partially, I think he's been into that music a whole lot. I think that music got him choke hold on him. But that's what I'm trying to tell you. They this is the this is the evidence. What I'm telling you they do. They tell they tell I rap niggas, They incentivize, and it's benefit on the side of exaggeration of criminal behavior, and then what you deal with is real crime rising. Young Boy said something in a song that scared me, And it didn't scare me because I think he gonna do something, but I understood.
Speaker 1: I know young boys that listen to him. Guess what he said.
Speaker 3: He said that what you know about a dude beating on your mama, you get old enough and then you kill him. I said, I don't think that's a good message to give those children, because there's people, there's people gonna start plotting on that or feel like that's the way to go in real life. Like I don't even know if he knows, but I've dealt with young niggas that look just like young Boy. Try to stand like him, try to talk like him, get their hair like him. If he swishes hair, they swish their hair. If he weighing is they wear so they got he got a certain choke hold on him. That when he said that I said, oh, you know, I just don't know. Maybe you know as a slippery one. That's a slippery place right there.
Speaker 2: Well that's a really good point. And actually, I think something I really wanted to say to you at some point in this conversation is that I think the you know something needs to change because I think there's a lot of successful rappers. Ja Cole is just one that jumps to mind that can be successful without living up to this gangster image. I know that that works for a lot of people. But at the same time, that's not the only route. I know. People are incentivized by acting like a tough guy, acting like they've got bodies or they're a killer or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I want you because it's not acting like anything.
Speaker 3: It's exaggeration of the circumstances. Not that I'm not involved, but I made they This is benefit on the side of putting a little bit on that.
Speaker 1: Now with j Cole, he's dope. That's the difference.
Speaker 3: They don't incentive azzed niggas that ain't dope, but they'll give you some money.
Speaker 1: If you ain't dope, but you're talking it gangster killer shit, you can still get in.
Speaker 2: But that that's but that's why it's so it's it's actually quite confusing because then you look at a guy like Joe Moran and we don't have to talk too much on him because I know there's a personal relationship there, But it's like it's it's almost hard to understand where it's like, this guy is an NBA player with one of the biggest contracts going. He doesn't really need to be flashing the gun. But I suppose, how.
Speaker 3: Do we know he doesn't does major How do we know that he don't need.
Speaker 2: He doesn't need to flash the gun. Maybe he needs the gun for protection, but he doesn't need to. And he's clearly music. He's caught up in the music in the moment and he wants to show it off. But what I really wanted to say to you, going back to the j Cole thing, because you said something really interesting right back at the start of this when we were talking about jay Z and the Massy projects, and you said that you've got young guys growing up in a difficult situation where damn near the only options they've got is rap or play ball or get into the streets. And I think it's so important for us going forward to also shine a light on the people like yourself and like Charlemagne or j Cole that say, you know what you haven't Actually, you've got more options. You can be a dope podcaster and make millions. You can be even if you don't like ACT, you could be like ACT. A lot of people that maybe don't want to be like ACT. I like ACT, but you know what I mean, and I think that going I think and this is something I want to do, and I would love to do more projects broadly on you know, I cover lots of different types of people. I also love covering success, but you know, just really showing people like young dudes coming out of fucked up environments that you know what, there's so many more options, there's so many more routes. You're a good podcaster not because you're up here acting like the toughest podcaster in the world that can't be fucked with. You're here because you've got interesting opinions. You know, you you argue your points well, you've got a really good perspective from the background that you've come from, and you're a shining example, like you're a role model, you know what I mean, And I think it's just a really interesting space that we're in where it's like some people that they're kind of caught up in just the only role models they can see are the King Von's, the Chief Keiths or the NBA young boys. And there's actually, nowadays, in the modern era, there's so many more people to look up to. And I think, you know, maybe going forward, you know, I'd love to know if there's more ways here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We definitely spread that mess.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, and we're gonna get some stuff together because again I can appreciate how you do these days, is what I think happens. Is I truly truly when I lay down at night, I truly truly in my heart, no, I'm breaking the mold. I truly know this because before me, you have your academics, you have your Joe Buddens, you have all of these guys are different from me. Now, tex Stone is a version of it. But something happened. It got slippery for him, and then some took him alone. The way I thank him to be, I take him to be intelligent. I take him to have game a lot of game as well. But I truly believe because my head is on right right and I've literally dedicated my life to this. I truly believe this to break the mold. And I say that because when I pull up in the trap, they will play my podcast. They will not play another podcast. Here's the kicker. When I pull up to an exec, they also play the podcast. And so here's where you see somebody like QCP, I always share my stuff. That's my brother. It ain't because the personal relationship. It's because the opinion. That's the perspective that's being laid down. It's like, yo, that makes sense. You see some of the biggest people in the game embrace it because of the perspective.
Speaker 1: And so I believe soon everybody have a mic and be talking.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be about where you get your information from, because everybody's gonna have a YouTube channel, a camera. Everybody's gonna know how to edit the shit gonna damn to edit itself. There's a new program now that edit podcasts for you. AI just you ain't even gotta touch it. So it's gonna be about you better be dope. And that's what dudes like academics gonna burn out and people like you are gonna thrive because you must have golden nuggets, and I just pissed gold like I talk golden nuggets. I like, perspective wise, I'm always gonna have something that's like what the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: You know? And so I'm lucky enough to be there.
Speaker 3: I just pray that perspective stays with me in the universe, stays in line. But outside of that, I want the youngsters to know you can and be a dope podcaster. But I know I'm the first one. They looking at it saying, nah, he really cool, like the girls like I'm the first podcaster. I mean, I'm sure dudes like Charlemagne, I don't look at him like a podcaster. Joe Joe probably get girls. There's a lot of niggas this, but bro, I'm popping like a rap nigga popping like I'm I'm talking about they loving real and and I love them, but I'm saying I want us to shad like so the kids do know, Hey, it's other avenues. J Cole got out because he was truly dope. What's unfortunate it is you don't gotta be dope if you talk criminal, you gotta be believable. So they don't necessarily care if you dope. Long as they believe you will get you out there, because we gonna put some criminal shit in front of these people because that's what they want, they gonna listen to. That's why you see young boy half seventy k seventy k people on the Instagram. Nobody really they gonna find where it be fed. What the hell is he going talking about that beef shit? We gonna find that. And so I think I'm the first one to be able to dribble in both of those like lanes where it's like, oh he cool land his information like we can learn and it's it's still us. And so I pray that people coming behind this, you know that we like the way that it's possible. You know, because what you're doing, bro, I'm telling you this, and don't wait for these suckers to validate you, because if you waiting on that, it ain't gonna ever happen. You may be the dopest one doing that. You need to be at a network with that. You see what I'm saying. You're the level you're doing it on. It needs to it's network material. So continue to put them nuggets in there, because at some point we're gonna try to get that shit licensed or get a bag for some of that shit to live over here on one of these Especially when you put a nigga, you put somebody like me involved with it, where if they don't can't really blackbally where it's like, yo, he don't really know like.
Speaker 1: They gonna say.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, because even with Act, Bro, you know, all due respect that Act made a lot of money, he's not really from our culture. When we really dribble it down, it's like, Bro, you really didn't grow up.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: See, I come up in a situation where I learned I've met every kind of person. Here's the thing about the street, the streets, the drug game, if you really was in it, you have an opportunity to meet all walks of life. I get to see the doctor because nine times out of ten, at some point the doctor's on drugs and he comes down to see me.
Speaker 1: I see the tractor trailer drive, I see damn.
Speaker 3: There all walks of life, and so you get to pick up on habits. You get to pick up on people and how to look at people and view people and get things from them and understand what they have to offer. I don't see him being able to survive much longer with that level of content, because soon everybody's gonna be quick trigger, quick trigger, because everybody gonna have a computer or fall.
Speaker 1: It's just too much content coming out.
Speaker 2: Bro, man, you know it's uh. I think you're right. You know, I think a lot of people are gonna try and get in on this space and they are going to be recording. Everyone's gonna have a camera. But as you say, I think it's that you know that unique, like whatever makes you unique. You know, your your nugget, your golden nugget, your diamonds, your your facts that you put across, that's what's going to make you stand out. But bro, you know, I totally agree, and I think you are a shining example. I think you're a great role model for this culture in this current space and time that we're in. You know, twenty twenty three is it's a crazy time. There's crazy shit going on. You know, the wrap media sphere damn near recognizable from what it was ten years ago. But I think it's super exciting and there's a lot of great people coming through and have a conversation.
Speaker 3: Don't appreciate you great, that man, ask you one more question. Do you make enough money to survive off of this stuff? What kind of money you making off this shit?
Speaker 2: Man? I make enough to live comfortably, you know, I live. I do this full time.
Speaker 1: The seventh fit is.
Speaker 2: Nah, no, yeah, man, hopefully eventually, but you know I'm granded, man, and you know I don't do it for the money. But at the same time, you know it would be nice to have seven figures. But I ain't there yet, man, But I'm trying.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I live a humble life. I'm not too flashy, you know, I don't. I don't ball out too much. You know, I live a comfortable, happy life, and I'm happy with where I'm at. But you know what I'm saying, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: You coming through. Like I say, we'll lock in.
Speaker 3: You got any questions about any culture perspective, hit me. I'll give you my perspective and you go with what you go with, Like not there, whatever I say, you got to put in. But if you ever got you know, I wonder what the fuck is that about? Like what does that really?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: You can hit me, you know what I'm saying, and then we might do some once in a month where we just get on and chop it. You know what I'm saying, because I found this conversation to be interesting, both perspectives to be so totally on the opposite that I think the audience, once they get a hold of that we're doing this, they'll probably enjoyed.
Speaker 1: So I had a good time. I appreciate you, Bro, Totally.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you too. Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks sir.
Speaker 2: You have a goal speak against SU for sure, so look yes
Speaker 3: Passssssssssssssssssss