Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 4: Just hilarious.
Speaker 5: Good morning Charlmagne to be here in a minute saying this Thursday.
Speaker 6: So just how you feelingles say, yo, body store, I'm tired. I was having muscles fasms. Yeah, the jim is getting more and more intense.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 5: Well, so if you're just tuning in, just and I go to the same gym doctor Chuck Morris, it's not your typical gym. It's it's a little more strenuous. But his workout routine is a way that you can only have to work out once a week and it should feel like a workout of five days and gives you the same workout as five days.
Speaker 6: Yo, But you be going more than one day now? He was like, no, if he comes on Mondays and Wednesdays. And I'm like, yo, why do y'all go so much?
Speaker 5: You could be yo, because you can do you can do abs more than once a week.
Speaker 7: Y'all do abs as well?
Speaker 6: Okay, because I know yo, to think all the stuff that he'd be having us doing. You can't do that more than once y'all have muscle failure. You'll literally break down.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yesterday Jess and her husband was there, Gear was there, my daughter was there, and we were all it is hilarious watching everybody work out because we be all pushing each other and I'd be like, turn him up, Doc, can your husband be pushing? And I'll be like, come on, Chris, come on. Yesterday he was like I never heard him curse, And yes, he was like that, you went off.
Speaker 8: I went to the dentist. I went down the hallway down to the dentist.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of fun. So saluted doctor Chuck Morris.
Speaker 8: And Midtown Bioac.
Speaker 5: I had a good time. Now today on the show, Pete boota judge will be joining us. He was a former United States Secretary of Transportation. Yes, what he does now I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know either.
Speaker 6: But the crazy thing is I ain't know he was gay, but I ain't know he was gay.
Speaker 4: It's good, it's cool.
Speaker 6: I didn't know, but it was something in the interview. I was like, why y'all playing with this man the whole time?
Speaker 8: He gay?
Speaker 4: Or you had no clue. Yeah, I thought that y'all was playing.
Speaker 6: Like y'all play with each other. I'm like, yeah, playing with this white like this whole time?
Speaker 7: He really gay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the name is Pete Booty Judges.
Speaker 5: That's what.
Speaker 6: That's why I thought y'all was playing with because where the last name is Booty Judge.
Speaker 4: You're like, no, that's wild. He's not.
Speaker 5: He's former un former United States Secretary Transportation. He ran for president a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: He has two kids.
Speaker 5: He's married. We'll talk to him, we'll get into his life. He served in the military. He's a good he's a good guy, the coolest out. Yeah, coolest O, good guy. All right, well, let's get the show cracking before we do. You're with this weekend.
Speaker 6: I am in Arlington, Texas. Y' also get your tickets if you have not yet, just larry'special dot com. We'll be at the impriv We got two shows tomorrow, which is Friday, and we got three shows on Saturday. I just added a matinee because I will not be doing shows Sunday, So get your tickets. Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth. I'll see y'all there tomorrow. All right, Well, let's get the show cracking when we come back. We got front page news. It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning horn thing everybody. It's DJ Envy Jess hilarious.
Speaker 5: I mean the guy we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page use.
Speaker 9: What's up, hey, y hey, how we feeling on a Thursdaypening Morgan, I love to hear it all right, So first on front page, the Wall Street Journal is reporting President Trump was informed back in May that the Justice Department or excuse me, by the Justice Department, that his name appears multiple times in the Jeffrey Epstein files. Now, the outlet said officials told Trump during a routine briefing that the files contained what believed was unverified hearsay about many people, including Trump. One administration official told the journals that hundreds of other names are contained in the documents. Trump was also reportedly told by the DOJ that they did not plan to release more documents because they contained child pornography.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 9: The new report comes days after the journal published a story about an alleged birthday letter sent by Trump to Epstein, to which Trump is suing. The outlet and its owners for twenty billion dollars, where Jeffrey Epstein's brother has come out and said that President Trump's claims on never visiting the sex offender at his office is just another blatant lie. Mark Epstein refuted the president's claim and said that people worked for Jeffrey in his office and they could testify that they saw Trump in Jeffrey's office on numerous occasions. So just you know, a little tidbit there regarding those files that everybody wants to see and we're still waiting for.
Speaker 1: He did they say whether he's mentioned in there because of allegations or just association.
Speaker 9: Just right now it says here quote unverified hearsay about many people, including Trump.
Speaker 1: So I have a theory that Republican's attired to Trump and we bought to witness a political coup and they're gonna use the Epstein fiz to get him out of here and take their party back. But I'll explain more during Donkey of the Day later, but.
Speaker 8: I won't get too much into that.
Speaker 9: The White House says that former President Obama tried to sabotage President Trump after his twenty sixteen election victory. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said newly classified or excuse me, declassified documents confirm those allegations.
Speaker 8: Let's take a listen to her comments.
Speaker 10: The Obama administration manufactured politicized intelligence, which was later used as the justification for baseless smears against President Trump.
Speaker 8: So Levitt said.
Speaker 9: The documents also further confirmed there was no collusion between President Trump and Russia. This comes as Director of National Intelligence Tulci Gabbert said the Obama administration colluded with the intelligence community to go after President Trump. She said Obama officials suppressed evidence and withheld the truth from the American people. Gabert called the report troubling and said that and she spoke more about the findings involving the Obama administration. Let's take a listen to Tulsi Gabbert's comments.
Speaker 11: There is irrefutable evidence that detail how President Obama and his national security team directed the creation of an intelligence community assessment that they knew was false. The report that we released today's shows in great detail how they carried this out. They manufactured findings from shoddy sources, they suppressed evidence and credible intelligence.
Speaker 9: And yeah, so Obama's office has responded to the allegations, calling them outrageous, bizarre, and a weak attempt at distraction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deflection distraction, Like what about those Epstein files though, That's why I keep saying, don't stop talking about those Epstein files. Like Trump treats Obama and Democrats the way some people in the culture treat Jay Z and Rock Nation.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make any sense. You're talking about somewhere for twenty sixteen, Like what are we talking?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 4: Why he didn't do this in his first turb exactly?
Speaker 8: What about this? Exactly?
Speaker 4: He heard his name is in Epstein file and said I had no more.
Speaker 7: We're gonna hold that on, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the f Steam files is where the conversation should stay. Okay, especially when you see the House took the summer off so they don't got to take a vote on the fone.
Speaker 4: I should tell you everything that you need to know.
Speaker 1: The House took the whole summer off two months, so they don't have the vote on the Fteam files.
Speaker 4: What about everything else going on in the world?
Speaker 9: But wait, not before were the House Republicans voted on or excuse me, at least a House committee on Tuesday approved an amendment to call the Kennedy Center First Lady of Lania Trump Opera House.
Speaker 8: You know they had time to do that.
Speaker 9: So House Republicans, of course, wants to rename the Kennedy Center's Opera House after First Lady Milania Trump, and on Tuesday they approved an amendment to do that, calling it the First First Lady Milania Trump Opera House. The proposal came from Idaho Republican Mike Simpson, and of course it passed along party lines. If it becomes law, Congress would need to approve the Broader GEO. It would excuse me if it would become law, Congress approves the Broader GOP spending bill that funds the Department of Interior, E p A and other agencies.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have no idea what that even means. I don't know what Kennedy.
Speaker 9: Center might be, might become Lady Milania Trump Opera House.
Speaker 4: Long, they don't mess with the apollo. I'm cool. I don't know nothing.
Speaker 9: All right, job, that's your front news for six am. Stick around at seven am. We're talking more presidential stuff. And of course that viral stop in Jacksonville has developed with that story, So stick around.
Speaker 5: All right, everybody else get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: If you need to vent, phone lines.
Speaker 5: To wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five wane to hit us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: It's a new days. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way up?
Speaker 5: Whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 7: Call up now eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: Yes, Belle will will what up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Rob?
Speaker 13: Hold up?
Speaker 14: You live in a state first off, shout out charl man of God. You know, Sir Jeff mor Hey, say watch just here were talking about hypocacy, not only just in hipoclacy.
Speaker 3: With our coach to.
Speaker 4: Okay, and everything are going on.
Speaker 14: We're very much aware of even the feels that you got to speak on. Well, we also just are not those things that are going on, and I think we should.
Speaker 3: Start doing that.
Speaker 4: Okay, give us an example.
Speaker 14: I think I think I think Charlomagne is wanting more and more as he speaking freely without without feel the system and the spell of the dark glash that come with it because the truth has to be told at all time.
Speaker 1: Well appreciate you, brother, absolutely, I agree, and truth should be told at all times.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 4: This is Michelle, Hi Jazz.
Speaker 3: Hi Charlamage.
Speaker 15: I don't know as far as in the in the in the room. So I called on the day after Maltham Zamar.
Speaker 3: I want to die and I wanted to.
Speaker 15: Say to Charlemagne specifically you said something that wasn't aired. I'm glad it wasn't. But we have to give gratitude to everybody that works around us, right.
Speaker 2: The thing behind the scenes, the people that make stuff.
Speaker 15: Happen that we don't hear, and so I just wanted to ut the grass, you know, those people that we don't get behind the tai that make you guys sound great.
Speaker 14: I also wanted to tell.
Speaker 15: DJ and V thank you so coming to the Hampton.
Speaker 2: Road area and bringing that car show.
Speaker 15: Something for my child to dose and then we didn't have to drive off the bridge her timeline and she was so excited.
Speaker 3: She was like, oh my god, love you.
Speaker 15: Then then they over onions a senior this year. So I just want to say you guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Thank you you are, and thank the entire crew for doing.
Speaker 4: With you well, thank you so much. Hopefully we can bring it back.
Speaker 5: A lot of families came up to me and said, there's not much to do in the seven five seven for families that's affordable, So hopefully we can bring it back next year.
Speaker 4: We're trying.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we can work with the city and get it done, but we would love to bring it back. We have such an amazing time. We have so many people, so many families. I hope we can't bring that back.
Speaker 16: That that line was double down, wrapped around out the door, I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah, you know, you know why because people got there on time. That's I'll say, like cause the doors open up at twelve. At eleven thirty, there was a line down the block. There was like a thousand people online at eleven thirty.
Speaker 4: So but that's what.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I appreciate the seven five seven for coming out the way that they did.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 17: Mom.
Speaker 15: We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 5: Think I have on now, and don't forget this August sixteenth, were actually in Jersey, So if you miss Virginia, don't worry.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do the same thing. We're gonna running back in New Jersey.
Speaker 5: Tickets are available now and if you're in the Tri State area or you know, if you're from the DMV area Virginia, North Carolina, you can make it down. I would love to get your car in the show. Just email me what kind of car you have. DJMV calls show at gmail dot com, send pictures.
Speaker 4: You can be a vendor sponsor. I can't wait to see you. Guys. Get it off your chest though. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 7: It's me Day Morning detail IVY.
Speaker 4: With a guy with me day, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 15: I love the relationship between Charlemaine and V I know I got a real brother relationship. But if you got a workshop from Joe too, chests man Envy.
Speaker 7: Was on here yesterday, so he always on me.
Speaker 4: What you mean? I'm gonna always him what exactly why you gotta result the gay relaxed. That's how you always are.
Speaker 18: You know how you go on body because it's true. You seen it's hey Diesel for sure, but hey if you if you got it, you gotta know you don't.
Speaker 1: Every man just he just he trying to get in shape now, but he can't mess with logan right now.
Speaker 7: He know that he's from Queen.
Speaker 2: He was with clue.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, oh wow, you.
Speaker 1: On my side records people, Yeah, next me eighty five. Man, don't help me man from Queens even with clue. Oh yeah, I'm scared now.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 19: You couldn't take fifty cents anybody only mul the people in Queens.
Speaker 4: He got clue. Oh wow, Yeah.
Speaker 18: You don't want to practice an MD.
Speaker 8: That's one where.
Speaker 4: That's brother your chest.
Speaker 3: Uh first, get on my test at Uh.
Speaker 15: I thought I told you it's like last year.
Speaker 20: Man, you got to fix the clock, man like.
Speaker 4: Fix my Wow, you late.
Speaker 3: It's a lot, even in a lot to.
Speaker 4: Say my penis is fine.
Speaker 3: A lot like every new office and everything. But comore.
Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know what my contract says. My hours are six o five, so I'm actually here early. When I'm here at six am sir.
Speaker 18: Okay, oh my lord, thank you for the stars that throughout the throughout the year.
Speaker 4: Thank you, brother, I have appreciation. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 13: This is Stacey?
Speaker 7: How got doing Stacy?
Speaker 4: Stacy introd?
Speaker 3: No, I know, I.
Speaker 13: Know, but no, because I wanted to talk about a serious topic. I'm going to on the topic from yesterday where like the black boy got punched in their face by the cops, we have to teach our kids to just do what they say so we can get home.
Speaker 21: I get it, he probably didn't have no reason to do what he did, but you still have to listen because you have to get home to your family.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 21: There's two people I don't play with, and that's the cops and that's the judge.
Speaker 13: I'll talk about anybody else. So when it comes to them, listen, I just do what they say. Don't give them a reason because they want to get rid of us anywhere. Don't give them no reasons.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, that's a that's such an interesting story because I truly feel like the cop had no reason, no justifiable reason, to punch that young man in his face. But when you watch the whole video and realize the kid was driving with a suspended license.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: There was no reason for that guy to, you know, be acting like that with that cop knowing your license suspended.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember we're black.
Speaker 13: We just can't talk to them the way our caughtating.
Speaker 2: Cousins talk to them.
Speaker 21: Listen, they can keep up schools and get away with everything.
Speaker 15: We could shot by having.
Speaker 13: The hoodie on. So gott it better. But just doing what they say.
Speaker 21: Listen.
Speaker 13: The end goal is to get home.
Speaker 22: Listen.
Speaker 13: I want me to walk to the.
Speaker 3: Top, call stupid them a little bit.
Speaker 21: More respect, even though they.
Speaker 4: Looking up like, yeah, you know, it's funny that you said that. Your family, My dad.
Speaker 5: You know who's retired police officer n YPD retired the you know, I used to get pulled over a lot all to New York City and I used to be very argumentative with the police.
Speaker 4: Very very argum medicant. White man.
Speaker 8: You can't do that.
Speaker 5: But my dad would yell at me all the time, and his whole thing was you got to make it home.
Speaker 4: He said, you make it home, we could fight, he says.
Speaker 5: But if if, if you don't make it home, we have a whole nother problem. So he was like, you got to make it home. And that's what I tell my kids now as well, make it home, make it.
Speaker 4: Home first, right, then we do what we gotta do.
Speaker 5: And that ain't being a something, that ain't being a soft that's that's making it home to your family. And my dad would tell me that all the time. I didn't listen because I would argue still, but I got kids.
Speaker 8: No matter what, no matter what, like you're doing it right now.
Speaker 4: No, No, he's not shut up. Let's Stacey talk.
Speaker 13: This isistic.
Speaker 3: You're black.
Speaker 2: Look at you just like.
Speaker 3: Look at Charla.
Speaker 4: Yes they did. I'm black.
Speaker 3: I'm I get it. I get good morning.
Speaker 7: By Stacy.
Speaker 4: That is crazy to even say Stacy, No.
Speaker 18: It was yo.
Speaker 8: It was like talking about him back in the day. Says it was like.
Speaker 4: No envy, way, you can't.
Speaker 8: Don't do that and he stop like you talk about indays.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Now we got the latest Lauren coming up.
Speaker 8: What we told a lawn, Yes we do, y'all. Carnib is being sued and y'all not usually she do the suing.
Speaker 23: Why she is being sued and y'all won't believe who and what she is being sued about.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, all right, we'll get to that nextus the Breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's DJ NV, Jesse, Hilarry's Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren be coming a straight fast. She gets somebody that knows, somebody get detail.
Speaker 8: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything else.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the latest on.
Speaker 7: The law, the latest with Laura la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have a little bit of Every.
Speaker 7: Time, what's the ladiest on the breakfast cloud.
Speaker 23: So Cardi B is being sued for assault battery by a woman who alleges that Cardi B struck her with a microphone. So you guys, remember it was some years ago. It was back in twenty twenty three when Cardi B was on the stage in Vegas and there was water thrown at her and she threw the micros ice.
Speaker 8: That was ice. It was water, but it was ice that they threw her.
Speaker 23: Well, they threw something at Cardi and she responded and threw the microphone back. And because of that we are now sitting and facing this lawsuit in twenty twenty five where Cardi is So she is being accused Cardi b of assault and battery by a Jane do who alleges that the microphone was thrown at her during that day party. And she says that this happened after she alleges Cardi b acts people in the crowd to throw water at her, and she says that this individual, when she threw the water at Cardi as well as other people did, She's like, I did it, but there were other people in the audience who did it as well, that Cardib responded in a way that harmed her.
Speaker 8: So now there's an attorney, her name.
Speaker 23: Miss Sierra and Norris, who's representing a Jane Doe, and they're actually holding a press conference today in Vegas to talk about this.
Speaker 8: Now, this video, you guys remember, circulated a bit.
Speaker 23: But when I received the filing the lawsuit, one of the things I asked Sierra Norris was, you know, it's two years.
Speaker 8: Later, almost like why now?
Speaker 23: And what I was told is that they wanted to wait until the client was comfortable, and it took some time for the victim to be ready to proceed with litigation.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I thought that it was meaning when somebody that rich hit you with a microphone, you're gonna be hurt for the next two three years.
Speaker 4: Okay on the ground, right, I'm sure that was coming. I think she knew that was coming.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean, like that's when you can't you got to eat that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she knew that one was cut.
Speaker 8: But why not see the day after?
Speaker 1: I mean, I was unconscious. I didn't wake up for four days.
Speaker 5: I hate but you do know when you see somebody like that, you have to go through the proceed just like if you get in a car accident, you have to go to the doctor, you have to go to physical rehab, you have to pat your case a little bit.
Speaker 1: If you're doing it right, you got to get a lawyer to take the case. A lot of these people be following on their own, you know. I'm sure the lawyer did they do diligence, watch the video all of that stuff like that, and it was like, okay, we got something here.
Speaker 5: Two years ago, I'm sure you see, the young lady went to some type of therapy, some type of physical therapy.
Speaker 4: For the last two years.
Speaker 1: You'll see emotional trauma, mental disgress. Okay, I have seasons in the middle of the night for no reason, seizures. Whenever that yellow come on, I just start shaking.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: This is like y'all giving her a lot of help. I love this. This is crazy.
Speaker 23: Well back, so well back when this incident happened. The microphone was actually sold for ninety nine thousand dollars, was so shortly after the incident, and Jane Doe was actually claiming that this exacerbated her and caused emotional.
Speaker 8: Distress that the microphone was so.
Speaker 23: Yes, now, the owner of Wave World, which was the venue at the time, had released the statement saying that the money was going towards to charities the Wounded Warrior Project in a Low Vegas charity Friendship Circle Last Vegas.
Speaker 1: But yes, that lady said that Jane doesn't speaking and wounded. Okay, all right, look at my forehead, all right, Like that's that's the one you got to eat. When you make a decision like that, when you make a choice like that to throw the microphone in the crowd and then hit somebody, you just got to deal with the consequence.
Speaker 23: Right now, there is no numbers. But she's suing for damages. So there sometimes they'll just keep it open like that, and then sometimes you'll get to a number. But most of the time you bring a lawsuit like that, you don't announce a number because you want to see where you can fall negotiation.
Speaker 1: Joe told us that there was the time people just used to walk in front of him and fall. Yeah, because they know that they could sue and get some money. He's literally people just walk in.
Speaker 8: Front of him and fall because like he was going to step on him and hurt them, or because.
Speaker 4: They'll say that fat him ran into him and live. That's what happens. That's the price of being who you are.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I was gonna say, I try to get stepped on by him, though, you know, because of course this was in his bigger days. Try to get stepped on. I just fall in front of somebody that's crazy's not even that big, no more, no more, imagine imagine stepping on you.
Speaker 23: I was going to say to your question about how much with the lawsuit, because they're having a press conference today, maybe you might hear a number if there's been some conversations. But I also want to mention before we close out Cardi b that back when this incident happened, Cardi was investigated on the by police to see if this could be like an actual crime, and they didn't move forward with anything that she was not charged with this incident.
Speaker 4: Well not, She's going to show up to the press conference. She's going to show up still banded.
Speaker 1: You never know, blind for two years in and out.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's just commend Shorty's aim. I'm talking about Carty's aim.
Speaker 8: It's crazy. Well maybe not commended right now, she no matter forgot yes, Well, moving on in more New York.
Speaker 23: So remember we talked about jay Z going after the bid for the casino in New York. Well, yesterday there was a meeting. There was a committee meeting that took place yesterday. This was the first Committee Advisory Committee, first Community Advisory Committee meeting where jay Z was present. So jay Z's Rock Nation Company decided to partner with USL Green and Caesars Entertainment for the Caesars Palace Times Square casino. So yesterday, in that meeting, jay Z actually made a few comments. He talked about trying to reserve himself. He says that this is a very good idea. He said that it is very good alignment for us to fulfill the promise to Times Square. He also added that his proposal is not coming to compete with Broadway. There have been some conversation about will it take business away from Broadway with Broadway already struggling or not. He says that they're not going to be competing with Broadway. They actually want to add business and add things. But yesterday was their first move in placing their bid on the casino.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't see how, you know, people do not want the casino in the middle of Times Square there at fifteen to fifteen. I mean, all it's gonna do is increase, you know, tourism and increase the amount of bodies that go down to Times Square, which should lift up everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The only thing I see is they say traffic, right, but a lot more. But with congestion prices it calmed down to traffic a lot. But I don't see it nothing doing anything but helping Broadway exactly because if.
Speaker 4: More tourists come in town, it gives you things to do. Whee Thursday, Sunday. Yeah, you can do the you know, Broadway, you can do the casino.
Speaker 5: There'll be shows there there'll be comedy shows, there'll be you know, stuff to do in Broadway, and then you know, you go over the other side and go to the American dream On and go roller coaster Rider, which kids. So there's gonna be a lot to do. I think it's gonna bring more people to the area, which I think is a good thing for Borrow and in a way.
Speaker 4: Is suffering so bad.
Speaker 1: I agree, And yesterday they said he said in that meeting that zero point five percent of all of the revenue is going to go to Manhattan Plaza forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in perpetuity. I don't think, oh man, I think that's great.
Speaker 8: I think it is too.
Speaker 23: I mean, anytime you can do something like that where it's like continued and it's going to like keep uh, like it's gonna keep circling back around to the people, it's a good thing. But to have a person from New York like jay Z be at the helm of it, I think people don't understand how big that is.
Speaker 1: Rejected to drive nearly nine hundred million dollars in annual neighborhood spending for that whole area, like and New York needs that, Like New York hasn't had an upgrade and soul. Goddamn long, I'll be thinking New York needs to look like Dubai at least.
Speaker 4: Charlotte, at least Dallas. New York looks disgusted.
Speaker 7: I mean, at least down to Chicago looks disgusting.
Speaker 5: But you know, people get on Jay all the time and and and hate on Jay all the time. And yes, they'll say I'm glazing J but I don't care. But I haven't seen an artist or celebrity in that type of form of or that gives back to the community like he does, that helps his own like he does. And I'm not glazing because he's never helped me. I never got tolazed. You hear the stories of him helping just glazeople, story about him helping almost like him helping DMX, or him helping Lil Wayne, or him helping bailing people out and never coming for credit. He's doing it at his hard. That's a good individual.
Speaker 1: Ever, coming for credit sounds crazy after you what you said, what you just said?
Speaker 4: You know what about because as soon as God says something and I'm like, damn.
Speaker 24: He's a good brother. I agree with you. Men just give men other people.
Speaker 8: Know, here's usually when he is giving, like good complements the other men.
Speaker 6: You always be like, no, I think you don't know the step too farward.
Speaker 23: I think it's a jealousy thing. But you know that's a whole nother story. In my Morgan Voice.
Speaker 1: Shirt yesterday, That's why I got them Blame Rock Nation t shirts made exactly for this.
Speaker 8: That's crazy.
Speaker 23: I wanted to we're closing up, but I want to mention. Uh and you asked me about a report earlier about the upper the Ramires sad Saturday.
Speaker 4: Nobody about that. We can't even pronounce what you just don't even know what you talk about? Can we just you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 23: The the lawsuit with jay Z and the potential son now potential.
Speaker 4: Not glazed some more. If you go see look answer about this is great scene on this community.
Speaker 8: This is great.
Speaker 23: No supers dropped reports according to you, our webit was so this is continued great news.
Speaker 8: You see what the community does. Because everybody looked like jay Z that I mean you a son?
Speaker 4: You crazy?
Speaker 8: Shut up?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, I hate all right, Well we do back.
Speaker 5: We got front Page News and then former United States Secretary of Transportation Pete booty judge and be joining that you.
Speaker 1: Want glad Pete with time if you want to go, can we get a jay z so on first, I can't show man some love.
Speaker 4: Can't drop another clues bomb for holding Rocknation dou.
Speaker 8: That's a double cleaning that he like the extra double.
Speaker 1: By the way, y'all know, I feel the same way. I ain't got nothing but love and respect for Frog Nations the whole. I have nothing beloved and respect for them nice because of the things and we just said, because I see what they do for people, and I see what they do for the community.
Speaker 8: For sure.
Speaker 4: I don't care what the internet say. I see it first hand.
Speaker 8: You were your wrong shirt today. I know you're yesterday.
Speaker 5: All right, just get some front page when we come back, we're gonna play p s A. Allow me to introduce myself as the Breakfast Local Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 5: It's d J Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let's get back in some front page news with some Morgan.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Hey, so President Trump wants America to be the world leader in AI.
Speaker 8: Trump addressed a summit in Washington, d C.
Speaker 9: Yesterday where he unveiled his AI action Plan for the US now. The plan has three main parts, accelerating innovation, building out AI infrastructure, and making American hardware and software the standard AI platform. Let's take a listen to President Trump's comments regarding AI.
Speaker 25: Whether we like it or not, We're suddenly engaged in a fast paced competition to build and define this groundbreaking technology that will determine so much about the future of civilization itself.
Speaker 9: So Trump also wants to cut down on regulatory red tape when it comes to building energy plants to power and growing technology. So yeah, see where we stand when it comes to artificial intelligence. Elsewhere in news, the man who pled guilty to killing four University of Idaho students in twenty twenty two has been sentenced to four life prison sentences with no possibility of parole as part of the plea deal. Brian Coberger sat in court yesterday. Judge Stephen Hippler read the sentence for the death of one of the victims, adding the families.
Speaker 8: Are allowed to grieve how they see fit.
Speaker 9: Let's tick a listen to Judge Stephen Hippler's comments and the reading of that sentence for.
Speaker 26: First degree murder of Kayleik gonsolvis a sentence the defendant to a fixed term of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. Yet, even if I could force him to speak, which legally I cannot, how could anyone ever be assured that what he speaks is the truth?
Speaker 17: None of us have experienced the loss these victims have in the unspeakable way that they have, and therefore none of us can nor should we question the way in which they have handled their loss.
Speaker 9: So the sentence was the same for the other three victims. Family members and friends gave emotional impact statements in court yesterday. Now, Coburger admitted to killing to the killings, which drew nationwide attention, in a plea deal to avoid the death penalty. As part of the deal, he was not required to explain his motive for the crimes. Now, the White House has weighed in as well, and Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said the country mourns the lives of the four Idaho students Coburger killed and praised for the families. Let's take a listen to Press Secretary Caroline Levitt on this.
Speaker 10: We are so sorry for the grief and the pain you have experienced at the hands of such a vicious and evil killer. If it were up to the president, he would have forced this monster to publicly explain why he chose to steal these innocent souls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was horrible man.
Speaker 1: One of the family members stood up and told him, the only thing you failed more miserably at than being a murderer is trying to be a rapper.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't understand that one. I mean I didn't get it, but you know, they were visibly mad. I guess you was just trying to.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh, yeah, heard them.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm be thinking sometimes they should let these family members man get their licks off, man physically let it Like, why not, like, let them get their licks off, all of them that want one dude in the room with all of them, any family member they want to bring, and they get five minutes your closure.
Speaker 4: That's their way of closure. Because he absolutely deserved that sentence.
Speaker 1: I just wondered if to justice system be knowing something we don't know, Like, you know, you get four life sentences because they know you're going to you got to go to prison in your afterlife too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Goodness, Yeah, the victim's sister, Kaylee kunk Clove, excuse me, she definitely had a read for the suspect for sure. Elsewhere in news more on the viral traffic stop out of Jacksonville, Florida. Civil rights attorney Ben Crump is applauding William McNeil for taking a punch while exercising his constitutional right to ask why he was being pulled over and why he was being asked to step out of the car.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 9: Crump demanded answers and has a message for Jacksonville's sheriff. McNeil says he was just asking why he was getting pulled over and asked why he was being asked to step out the car now. Crump and McNeil held a press conference recently about the incident.
Speaker 8: Let's take a listen to their comments.
Speaker 27: In part exhibited was a twenty first century Rosa Parks moment. This was a classic case of driving while black. To the sheriff, you can't justify this, you can't condone this. You have to condemn this.
Speaker 1: That day, I just really wanted to know, you know, while I was getting pulled over, and I know I didn't do nothing wrong.
Speaker 9: So McNeill's legal team wants accountability and the deputy to be fired. Earlier this week, while releasing body camera video, Jacksonville Sheriff TK Waters said and administrative investigation is ongoing, so he won't defend or commend the officer's actions, but not that McNeil was not complying with deputies. He added, the state's attorney's office has determined officers did not violate the law. McNeil pleaded guilty to resisting an officer and driving with a suspended license.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, once again, that cop had no business pointing to a young man in the face. But I do want to hear more from Ben Crump on this because, you know, like I said, I agree with him that the cop is absolutely wrong for punching that man escalating it to that, but that man also knew he didn't have a license, and the cops told the guy why he pulled him over. I just feel like the young man was, you know, he didn't have a license. The young man was acting, he was acting out right.
Speaker 5: But I guess Ben Crump is also saying, you know, he's a black man, in the car who didn't have a lights on. Do people get pulled over for that? I guess that's what you're saying. But you can get pulled over for not having a seat belt I have. You can't get pulled over for not having your life ture, absolutely, But I guess that's just the whole thing. Like with everything, all of the traffic violations we see day out, day in and day out, he got pulled over for not having his license.
Speaker 1: I just wish I just wish the brother would have been like, look, I don't have a license, you know. I wish he'd did that instead of, you know, reacting the way that he did, even though nothing justifies him getting punched in the face, nothing at all, But I know that eventually that's gonna come up.
Speaker 5: They're gonna use all of that against him. Well, anytime you get pulled over, they asked for your license. Once they put you over, they want to know who they're talking to. They're gonna ask for your life, and you know it's they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna use the fact he didn't comply. We're going to say that he resisted. They're going to say, you know, uh, he had a license was suspended. But they're gonna say he had weed in his pocket, but none of that is the justification of why he got you know, punched in the fake agree.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well that's your front page news. You guys can follow me. I'm Morgan wood y'all can follow me on socials at more than medium. For more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I N news dot com.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Morgan.
Speaker 5: Now, when we come back former unit, when we come back for the United States Secretary of Transportation, Pete Boota Judge will be joining us and.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to him.
Speaker 7: Next.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Moring.
Speaker 5: Everybody is DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the buildings. Indeed, it's back Pete Booty Judge, welcome back. Now.
Speaker 5: You got out the White House and got a bed immediately he had that bed last No.
Speaker 22: You know, there were very few days that I didn't have to shave the whole time that that I was in office, and then uh, then suddenly I didn't have to worry about that. So I started out just not shaving every day, and then we went on a vacation. I came back with a beard. I thought, I'm gonna keep this for a while. Chastin's very very pro My daughter doesn't like it. She could tell me to shave it because she says it's too scratchy when I kiss her good night. But but her brother hasn't waited in yet, so he might be the swing vote in the household.
Speaker 5: See the swing vote. Now do they make you do they tell you look clean when you work for the White House because you want television? Do they say that?
Speaker 22: I don't think they have to you just you know, you're just I don't think I was ever told to shave, not since I was in the military.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Then it was the thing, you know, I saw you on the Flagrant podcast with my guy Andrews shows.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that you had mixed raised kids. I don't know why I didn't know that.
Speaker 22: Yeah, you know, we don't put a lot of pictures of them on the internet, or you know, there's a lot of privacy obviously goes into that. But yeah, they're about to turn or they keep at like every day they ask me is my birthday? They've just transformed our lives in so many ways.
Speaker 4: It's been amazing, And that's all you say.
Speaker 1: You know, you ask yourself constantly, how can I be a good dad for kids who have a different racial identity than I do? How can I help them navigate that? And for whatever reason, there was a little bit of backlash of those comments.
Speaker 4: And I don't know why. I thought those are great questions to ask yourself.
Speaker 22: I mean, you know, I was just talking about how I feel about it, and yeah, I think anytime you talk about something that sensitive, somebody's ready to pounce. Somebody's ready to pick it apart and tear you up over it. But yeah, obviously you know we're white. Our kids are mixed race. They're going to be as they grow older, there's going to be dimensions of their lives that I will do everything I can as a father, as a loving father to make sure that they succeed. But there will be parts of their lives that I can't really draw on personal experience to help guide them through. And so it's a lot of making sure sure that they have mentors and role model role models, other examples in their lives to help them navigate all of that. But it's it's just been such a blessing and you know, it's a new challenge every day, but it's the best hardest thing in my life.
Speaker 19: Well, also, of those people who who the black friends, you go the advice that came in from Like the first moment, I had a navy buddy who saw a couple of pictures of them from a thing we were at the White House on.
Speaker 22: It said we got to talk about hair and immediately wanted to make sure that because you I mean just hair products alone, and by the way, being a girl dad was intimidating to begin with, right, and then there's everything that comes with that, finding the right products for for us, our little guy, for Penelope, our daughter, learning all of that, Like you know, nobody in my immediate family of white relatives knows a lot about that, but lots of friends do.
Speaker 4: You not agreed, you gotta figure it out.
Speaker 6: Out of oil, shame, oisture and didn't get the white tooth, don't get the small teeth because that's gonna pull a hause.
Speaker 22: Got thicker hair, Yeah, we learned that the hard way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't too. And then we got the young king.
Speaker 22: For him, it's like a three step sequence.
Speaker 4: It's it's uh, it's the leaving conditioners.
Speaker 22: Then he got the oils right yes, and then there's there's the essential oil, and then there's there's the curling cream. Although by step three now he's he's a little older, but he was really fighting us on the third step learning though.
Speaker 4: You learned, Pete. Now we got to get pizza, some money. I do not want you are your husband playing your hair? So no? So you doing every day?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Well get Peter ches does it more often than I do?
Speaker 4: You can you?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 4: I need to see the hand round the look like right right, you're right. Jesus, I was gonna say before you walked in. It's funny.
Speaker 5: Jess was like, so what is Pete doing now? And I was like, that is a good question. What is Pete doing now that now that you're the White House? Besides being a dad?
Speaker 4: Husband? So what are you doing now?
Speaker 22: So being a dad and husband is number one for the And it's the first time in a while I've been able to put the kind of time in it that I want to. This is the first time in fifteen years that I haven't either been in office or on the ballot, and I'm making the most of that. But you know, this is obviously not a time in the life of our country where you can just sit still or kind of hang out and not be involved. So I'm speaking out, continuing to go on podcast, go on TV. Right, I've got a substack where I'm writing thoughts on some of the issues that are coming up, thinking about doing a book, so keeping busy. But I have to say, at a personal level, it's been good not to be on that treadmill. Washington just pass away. I'm not saying I don't I miss the impact we were able to have. I miss getting up in the morning and knowing that, you know, I could make a decision that could make a whole city better off through a transportation project we were doing or something like that. I miss that, But I don't miss the negativity. I don't miss the way that Washington is so we're looking it's always about you know, what did this senator have for breakfast? What are you going to do to keep these people happy? That most people have.
Speaker 4: Never even heard of?
Speaker 22: But you know, that kind of thing I don't miss.
Speaker 1: Why do you think it was so much backlash for you going on the Flagrant podcast.
Speaker 22: Well, in a way, it's reliving what it was like a few years ago when I started to go on Fox News a lot, so a lot of people in my party said, you can't do that. You're you know, you're you're participating in this right wing media system. That's you know, that's not giving people good information. And my response was always, you know, I can't blame somebody for not agreeing with my positions if they've never heard them, So of course I got to go on right wing media. Now you fast forward a few years to these podcasts and Flagrant. By the way, I don't consider Flagrant to be right wing, but that's the whole point, right. A lot of these podcasts, a lot of these shows, they're not for people who are looking to get politics in their face all the time, but they are where a lot of people get their information or get exposed to people with political ideas.
Speaker 4: And I thought, okay, you.
Speaker 22: Know, if President Trump was going on this show to reach listeners and viewers, why wouldn't we be putting forward a different set of ideas, Especially because when I got there and I was talking to these guys, many of them voted a different way than I did. Yeah, we agreed a lot on what was happening next, on the problem with tilting the tax code to favor the rich, and that was before the bill pass. Now the bill pass, we know and we've seen it. Problems with cutting services, making it harder to get your phone and phone call answer, on social Security, all of these things, right, So we could just have a conversation, and yeah, I think some people still, you know, I remember a few people saying, like, why are you platforming these guys who have said something offensive? And I'm just thinking, like, they're platforming me. It's their show.
Speaker 1: It's the stupidest thing when people say how are you platform They already have a huge platform, So why not go on there and you know, let people hear what it is you have to say, give people another, you know option.
Speaker 22: But yeah, especially because fewer and fewer people are getting their news from traditional sources. I spent part of the spring teaching at the University of Chicago. There's an Institute of Politics there that David Axelrod set up. He asked me to spend time with the students there, and.
Speaker 4: Oh, were you there? I can't after you. I love it.
Speaker 22: I think it's a great experience and you learned so much talking to these students. One thing one of the things I would often do is to kind of show a hands just where to get your information. The number of students who said television news was zero, like literally zero out of those students said they just like sat the way I was and I was growing up or still do sometimes like turn on a TV show and watch it. Right, they might see something from TV go into their feed, get clipped. But in terms of where people are getting our information, we got to find people where they are.
Speaker 5: But still kicking in with Pete Booty Judge, former United States Secretary of Transportation, I wanted to ask about the airports. Seemed like the airport's gotten a lot worse. Why do you think that is? Or are we just hearing about it more? And these are the problems that have been having for the last ten twenty years.
Speaker 1: Well, I read a article yesterday. They blamed it on you. Of course they said that. Of course, I said, under you, the Department of Transportation allocated over eighty billion dollars for DEI grants, okay, instead of putting money into Yeah, so the actual airlines, Yeah, airports airports.
Speaker 22: Obviously, I think that's both. Let's break it down. First of all, quote unquote DEI grants. We're talking about transportation funding that they're now getting rid of. So Milwaukee sixth Street, we funded a project thirty four million dollars to help make a set of improvements to a very dangerous street where there's been a lot of crashes and that has divided the community. We've provided funding. They're also going to improve the sewer while they're added. I mean, this is bread and butter stuff that's going to make the city better off. Trump administration killed that grant because the application talked about equity. It talked about one of the reasons for funding this project being that that neighborhood had been underinvested in. There was a project in Missoula, Montana, connecting East Missoula across Highway two hundred. By the way, the Republican senator from Montana supported that project and wrote me a letter saying we had to fund it, and we did. This administration killed it just because it was part of a program that mentions equity. So when they talk about quote unquote DII grants, often they're talking about fixing roads and bridges that happened to go into a black neighborhood or a low income area. Meanwhile, we'll talk about aviation. I'm pretty sure on the first Secretary of Transportation in thirty years or more to have the air traffic control workforce growing instead of shrinking on his watch. And that was hard because we've been losing air traffic controllers. They've been retiring. It's just been hard to get as many to come in as we're going out. I don't know whether that number is still going up now. I know that from the beginning they all got an email saying you should think about taking a buy out and quit your job. Then they were told that email was never for them. So I don't know exactly what's going on over there now. What I know is that we left the air traffic control system better than we found it, but it's still got a lot of problems. So the answer your question is, really it's both. There are new problems that we're seeing. You know that I'm seeing just as now you know a regular member of the traveling public. But there are some issues that have been in the making for ten twenty thirty years. We did what we could to improve it. But honestly, my successor, who I obviously disagree with on lots of things, I want them to succeed on this. I mean, for one thing, I fly a lot, but also for the sake of the country, I want them to succeed in improving that.
Speaker 5: But it seems like a lot of the problems that we've been having, especially when we see these floods and these storms, are problems that we keep seeing, right, you know, you look at areas in Texas or even New Jersey. They flood the same every time. So it's just like, why can't we fix those problems. It's not like it's new problems. These are problems that are reoccurring.
Speaker 22: So what we did was we set up funding to do things like take a road that's getting washed out every year, and instead of putting it back the exact same every time and putting a bunch of money into that, move it to where it's not going to be as vulnerable. They're going after that kind of thing too, because they're systematically deleting any reference to climate change or sustainability from anything in the government. And what that means is, I think these projects are in danger.
Speaker 1: No matgine, but the eighty billion dollars that was allocated, they said, four hundred awards from twenty twenty one to two thousand twenty four. What did that actually go to? Because they're calling it DEI grants, But where did it go? Where did it go to?
Speaker 22: Yeah, so I don't know how they got the eighty number, eighty billion numbers. What I can tell you, I mean, if maybe if you're counting like any project that was connected in any way to taking care of people who had been underinvested, and that'd be one way to do it. We had this whole idea of making sure that that a good share of the grand money went to neighborhoods or communities that were cut out in the past. So but again there're these specific projects East Toledo. We would project to connect East Toledo to downtown Toledo, get people across this high crash corridor where they were having dozens of crashes. And it came under the heading of reconnecting communities or reconnecting neighborhoods, which this administration considers woke. So they're trying to cut it. To me, it's definitely important that it's going to a disadvantaged area. It's also just a good project. It's a good safety project. So they want to call it DEI I would call it good policy. And this this war on anything that has anything remotely to do with diversity, I think has gone to such an extreme. People are starting to feel it because it's starting to come for them.
Speaker 1: So how would you respond to people who have concerned that these equity initiatives delayed urgent aviation upgrade?
Speaker 22: It's I mean, you know the person who launched the contract, for example, to modernize the tech backbone of the fifth that was me.
Speaker 4: We did that.
Speaker 22: It's a big agency. We did a lot of things. We did roads, we did bridges, we did aviation, we did port I mean, you know, you can do a lot of things at the same time.
Speaker 4: That's what we did. Now, now all of this is coming from the New York Post. So it just came out yesterday. I'm give you a chance.
Speaker 22: Oh yeah, So that that specific article, it's I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would actually say it's worth reading because if you read it, you'll see a bunch of anonymous people, mostly from the airline industry, complaining with no kind of specific facts or figures, followed by a whole bunch of which, like the post does, they put it at the bottom of the article, a whole bunch of facts and figures showing something different, which was our response. But yeah, obviously the airline industry was not a big fan of mine, right.
Speaker 4: Because I was a tough regulator.
Speaker 22: I mean, we moved the rule to to make sure that you can get your money back if your flight gets significantly delayed. We had really tough penalties on airlines that were holding back on people's refunds. We pushed them on things like disability, making sure if they mangle your wheelchair that they have to take care of you. The current administration froze that rule. That's something we pushed on. So obviously, you know, my replacement is an airline lobbyist, or he was an airline lobbyist. Obviously the airline industry is happier with the new guy who was an airline lobbyist than with somebody like me who is a tough regulator. But that's the kind of inside baseball that drives these articles. And I think it's very telling that none of the people who were throwing stones in that article actually put their name to their quote.
Speaker 1: So earlier this year, when like you know, there was like plane crashes and stuff is they're a part of you that's like, I hate to see that, but I told you so.
Speaker 22: Look, you know, aviation's still safer than driving or any other form of transportation. But it's the nightmare scenario for anybody who cares about transportation. Should define anybody who ever had the job I had to have a plane crash happened in this country. One of the things that was really important to me was during my time in office, we had four billion employments, four billion times if somebody got onto a commercial passenger airline and zero crash fatality, and it's everybody's job to keep that up. And I do worry about what will happen if he had air traffic controllers who were being distracted by all this political nonsense, getting an email telling them that they're going to get bought out, then being told that doesn't apply to that, firing it people like they did on day one.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'm worried about that.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking it with former United States Secretary of Transportation Pete Boota jug Chola Mayne, how.
Speaker 4: Do you feel about the Epstein Files.
Speaker 1: I feel that Democrats should never stop talking about the Epstein files. I think it is the one thing that builds a bridge between Democrats and that magabase they've been trying to reach Everson Trump one reelection.
Speaker 4: I think that's right.
Speaker 22: Look, I think there's some folks who might say this is the distraction or this isn't the bread and butter of what we care about. But what I would say is, let's say what you really care about is legislation policy. That's your thing. You see all these headlines about Epstein, but you think, to yourself, what I care about is how the Congress is dealing with healthcare, taxes, etc. Okay, well, Congress just got shut down. The Republicans just shut down the United States House of Representatives for two months in order to avoid having to vote on Donald Trump blocking the Epstein files. So even if you don't give vision about the news story or the sensationalism of it, this now affects you because one of your branches of government is not operational between now and September, because Speaker Mike Johnson and the Republicans would rather shut that branch of government down than let the Epstein files come out let that sink in. It's also another example among many, many examples of Donald Trump saying he's going to do something on day one, and then something very different happens. Right said he's going to lower prices on day one, opposite happened. He's pushing him up with tarifs said he's going to bring peace to the Middle East on day one, get peace with Russia on day one. I don't know if anybody really took him seriously on that, but that's what he says. And then he says day one, these Epstein files are going to come out, because at the time it was in his interest to pretend that he was going to do that, and now it is in his interest to block those files coming out. And I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why.
Speaker 4: Why do you think the Biden administration never put him up. I don't know.
Speaker 22: I was not close to the you know, the DOJ or how any of that worked. I know some a lot of stuff came out, but if there is really more, and I don't know, but they were waving around these binders right at press conferences. Do you think it would be mutually a showed descruction could be I mean, look, we already know that there were Democrats, Republicans, like, they're all kinds of people mixed up with this guy. I think most Americans say, okay, let the chips fall where they may, like, we gotta know, you're read everybody, give rid all of them, anybody who's an abuser, anybody's committed, like of course, right, And it does feel like something in this moment where none of us can agree on much, that all of us can agree on that. And it's especially weird with Trump, right because it's not some wild liberal conspiracy clan that he was involved with Jeffrey Epstein. There's pictures, pictures still coming out now after all these years, not to mention the pictures and footage that were there years ago, and not just him like shaking hands, getting his picture taken with the guy, but like ogling women with him, right, like dancing, like grooving with and now we find out it was at his wedding, so obviously there's something there. It's not even arguable that there's something there. So I think you're right that we should be pounding on that, even if it's not a central policy priority of the party.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts on former US President Obama saying that the Democrats need to toughen up, you know, take action.
Speaker 22: I think he's right, although that just reminds me of one other thing, right, which is the distraction machine. So Trump says, we're going to release the files, we are going to lease the files, We're going to release the files, and he says We're not going to release the files, and people are mad, including Maggas saying, wait a minute, you said you're going to release this information and you're not.
Speaker 4: And what does he do.
Speaker 22: He's like, we're going to arrest Obama. What that has nothing to do with anything, but it's the distraction machine. But but yeah, as to what President Obama actually said, Look, we have to be a party that is not pulling punches, that is ready to ready to call things out for what they are internally and externally. I think people want to know that somebody's fighting for them. At the same time, my personal theory of politics is you don't have to be a about it. And what I mean by that is that when I encounter people in actual real life who voted the other way, relatives or even something might come up as hello in like an airport or something, I'm more likely to have somebody come up and say, you know, I'm from the other party, but it's nice running into you, then to you know, come up and give me the finger or something like that. Why would that be Because we're humans, and for the most part, I don't want to in real life we're actually around each other. We don't want it to be any uglier than it has to be. And yet you go online, you go on TV, you get into those spaces, and it's different. Right, So I think the challenge for us is we should never back down from a good fight over what the right thing to do is and what the wrong thing to do is. But I think we can also demonstrate a way to do it that's actually inviting people into our coalition. Say like we want you and maybe you don't agree with us on ten percent of the stuff for thirty percent of the stuff, or maybe you've voted the other way last time, like all the more reason we want you with us this time around. And we need to be inviting. Where I think people have viewed us as kind of frankly scolding, like we're scolding people for not being up on the latest cultural developments or not being the right kind of progressive or whatever.
Speaker 4: It is that has to change too.
Speaker 1: My biggest problem with Democrats is they it's like everything they're saying now, you should have been saying two three years ago, like we've been saying that Democrats was colwar. So yeah, yes, y'all should have been tough ened up. You know Jake Tapple with the Original Sin and you read that book, and you see everybody knew that there was that Biden was too old to run, but nobody said anything. But now everybody wants to speak of his press secretary Karine John Pierre and she's an independent now, and you know, I'm like, yeah, why weren't y'all saying this two three years ago? All these things that y'all are saying, We the people had been saying.
Speaker 22: We have to show a level of toughness in order to be just, in order to be credible, I think, and in order to go up against these guys who obviously you can fault them for all kinds of things, but they definitely project toughness. Like right now, it's gonna be harder to buy a house because Donald Trump just added to the deficit in order to get tax cuts for billionaires. And I mean that interest rates are going to be higher. Right now, it is growing more difficult to get healthcare because the premiums just went up because how Republicans changed the Obamacare substance. Right Like, you don't have to be a policy buff for these things to hit you. And by the way, I think all these things that have happened are small compared to what's about to happen. This AI development that's happening right now is not just something people should care about if they're interested in tech. This is not just like a nerdy fascination. This is going to affect how all of us. It already is, right, maybe in useful ways like you ask chat GPT for anything, but also in terms of jobs starting to dramatically change. Right this is a level I mean, we live through one version of this in the nineties when I was growing up in Indiana and trade and automation happened and it changed what was going on in the auto industry. I think that this will be ten times or one hundred times more disruptive. And if Democrats are caught up in yesterday's culture war or defending institutions that were getting pretty old and trying to look like the protectors of a status quo that wasn't serving anybody well instead of offering some kind of answers for how you're supposed to make a living and how you're supposed to fit into your community when you've got technology changing everything. If we're my answers on that, then we're definitely going to be left behind.
Speaker 1: So what did the fut Jeda party look like then? Like it is it more Pete Boudha judge or is it more Mundani? Is it more Joshapiro or is it more AOC Like? What does it look like?
Speaker 4: Look, we're always going to be a big tent party.
Speaker 22: I think my style is different from some of the others in the party, and that's fine. Like we're each going to be putting forward the version of the message that's true at to who we are. I think that a younger generational leaders, many of whom are politically moderate, some of them are politically pretty far left. What they have in common is they are who they are. You can feel it, you can just see it. That I think is future of the party.
Speaker 5: People to judge, ladies and gentlemen. So what's next for people to just what do you have your eyes.
Speaker 4: You run of a president, Stop cutting off. It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 22: You got to give me at least one year to not be running for anything and not be in office so I can drop the kids off at school and be a human being, and then you know.
Speaker 4: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 22: But what I am definitely doing now and going to keep doing is speak out about this stuff and try to show versus tell a way of fighting for what's right that I think our party would benefit from.
Speaker 4: I think you're pulling out what thirteen percent right now? Defenders probably look at but yeah, do you keep you look at stuff like defends you like.
Speaker 1: That was crazy, but you're pulling up looking that's a pretty good number.
Speaker 4: I try not to look at that too much.
Speaker 19: Yeah, people, you shouldn't look out of the polls.
Speaker 4: Peach, you're married, first of all.
Speaker 5: Pause, sill out, peace, Like, I don't know why I keep coming back.
Speaker 4: I don't know why why, I don't know why. We appreciate it whenever you come here.
Speaker 1: I tell you this all the time, man, But you know, you never stop talking to our audience. And that means something, you know, Because I feel like politicians only come around when they want something they only come around when it's a campaign season. The fact that you come and just you know, keep us a breast what's going on all the time.
Speaker 4: I truly do appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it and then don't forget those hairdsteps because I want to see if it works.
Speaker 4: We should talk after this. I should have a couple of questions to judge.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club, good morning, all right, Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren becoming a straight fast She gets them. Somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 8: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the latest on things.
Speaker 7: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. The latest on the.
Speaker 7: Breakfast Club to me.
Speaker 23: So, Candice Owens is being sued by a French president, Emanuel Macrone and his wife Brigitte. Yes, they are suing her for death information in the US because Candice Owens claimed that Brigitte is a man.
Speaker 8: Oh yes.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 23: The defamation lawsuit was filed in a Delaware state court and it stems from several different content videos that Candice Owens created she's done a series on Brigitte talking. It's like it's called the Making of Brigite. She's what or Becoming Brigitte. It was a multi part series, but there was also a YouTube video that directly addressed these claims of Brigitte not being a woman. But let's take a listen to some of candids owns content. Let's take a listen to her own Brigitte Macron.
Speaker 8: It's time for you to wake up. So we will start from the top.
Speaker 16: Here with a photo of Brigitte Macron real name Jean Michell Trogdall. That person that you are looking at on the right is not a woman. Here is a photo, by the way, just over the years, Jean Michelle Truckdow as he became Brigitte. As I said, the evidence for this is overwhelming.
Speaker 8: That's second photo. I believe they found a photo.
Speaker 16: Of him at a Pride parade when he was just living as a homosexual man. That next photo is when the transition began, if I recall correctly, and that's a photo from the professor years and for professor years or Brigitte Marcone is when he satatorially Emmanuel Macrone.
Speaker 4: Candas owns and Jesse l a woman. What don't play with me?
Speaker 6: Let me see these this woman that they talking about, I think I think this lady, I think she's had three children.
Speaker 8: Now, okay, so listen this.
Speaker 23: This video that we just took a listen to from Candace Owens was called The Olympics Exposed Brigitte Macrone. It was episode thirty four. Candace ONWNS posted this on July twenty ninth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 23: Tom Claire is the attorney for the French president and his wife, and he was on CNN last night because a lot of people are wondering, Number one, why would you wait? Because they've been saying that this has been a year long like broadcast ty read that candas own has been on regurgitating these claims that were online.
Speaker 4: I just wanted the regular show. I've seen stronger faces.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I wanted. I'm definitely seeing strong I've seen strong Go ahead.
Speaker 23: Well, let's take a listen to Tom on CNN last night talking about why they chose the file.
Speaker 8: Now after a year, why.
Speaker 4: Are the Macrones suing? Now?
Speaker 28: Well, this was really a last resort we have intempted to engage with her for the last year, putting evidence in front of her, request after request after request that she just simply do the right thing. This is not this is not a legal thing. Do the right thing, tell the truth, stop spreading these lies. And each time we've done that, she mocked the Macrones, She mocked our efforts to set the record straight. She refused to retract what she had said. She started a merch campaign. She's selling t shirts, mocking and celebrating her defamation of them, and enough is enough.
Speaker 7: It was time to.
Speaker 28: Hold her accountable for this campaign was.
Speaker 4: Like, how do you prove? Like, first of all, you shouldn't have to prove, but.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, I'm not exactly for sure what all of the proof is. But in the lawsuit, or according to a statement from the attorney, when they made the demands for Candace Owns to retract her statements, they accompanied by uh by evidence disproving her allegations, improving, among other things, that missus Macrone was born a woman named Brigitte, that she is not a blood relative of President mat Crone.
Speaker 1: Yet, so Candace basically dug her own grave because your feelings are not facts. I don't know why people don't understand that in this era that we end. And I also hate when people say why are you suing now? Sometimes you just let.
Speaker 4: People keep.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 8: Candace Owens responded to the lawsuit, Let's take a listen to her response. Are you floored? Because this is just goofy?
Speaker 16: You are officially a very goofy man brigite.
Speaker 8: But I gotta give it to you, you've definitely got.
Speaker 29: Bought fire everybody around you, and I mean literally everyone around.
Speaker 16: You who told you that this was a good idea, that this was a very good idea for you to be.
Speaker 29: The first sitting first lady of a country to file a lawsuit against journalists of another country. You are literally making history in all the wrong ways. And I want to be very clear here right at the top that this is obvious, very clear, that it is an obvious and desperate public relations strategy.
Speaker 8: That's what this is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have to be responsible for your words, and we all know free speech not free, So I mean it's hard for me to believe Candas didn't expect some type of content.
Speaker 5: You You can't lie on people, right. When you start lying on people and saying things like it's factual. You're gonna get sued and you're gonna get touched, And I think you should get.
Speaker 6: Sued even if that's what you think, because like, yeah, your opinion of her, you know, being a man, that's not it's not af facts. And then also listen, I remember an episode of Cosby Show where I remember he had the kids, Olivia was having a sleepover, right, and it was a kid on there.
Speaker 8: Right. Thought that this kid was a little boy. That little kid was Alicia Keys. So it's like, you can't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We all thinking about an episode of Times we.
Speaker 1: Show Crazy Party. I know exactly what you're talking about. I have no idea what they got to do.
Speaker 6: With this because telling her what I'm trying to say, because he like, he don't know what I'm trying to say. You just held up that picture and said I've seen stronger faces. Yeah, she does, you know, resemble a little boy when she was when she was younger. But I'm saying she a woman. Alicia Keys resembled a little boy in that episode. She grew up to be a beautiful woman because she was a girl from.
Speaker 30: The jump said some of us look like little boys when we little, we grew up and you know, some of us look like grown men, but still we are women at the end of the day, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so sick trying to tell people who I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: But candas Man, you gotta relax.
Speaker 4: Boy entertaining and she yeah, lets me, she's gonna get sued too. Yeah, goofy. That is the latest with Laura and I don't forget.
Speaker 5: Get on the phone lines right now, eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. Just fixed my mess if you have if you need relationship advice or any type of advice, you can call Jess right now. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now, selum man, who are giving a donkey two man.
Speaker 4: For after the hour?
Speaker 1: I want House Speaker Mike Johnson and the House Republicans to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 4: We'd like to have a little word with him. All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: This is a miracle, there.
Speaker 11: Is no question, and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing.
Speaker 11: I'm a black man now the new development in the deadly spatshooting rampage.
Speaker 4: Then if it was a really bad day for him.
Speaker 16: And this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 4: Okay, white supremacivet violence.
Speaker 1: It is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 7: But I'm also very proud that my wife was right.
Speaker 4: The practice club bitch.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sonny, please tell me why was I your.
Speaker 9: Donkey of the day.
Speaker 1: Donkey Today for Thursday, July twenty fourth goes to House Speaker Mike Johnson and House Republicans because they have stopped all legislative business to avoid voting on releasing the Epstein files. Yes, Democrats said they planned the stage of vote on bringing legislation to the floor that would force the release of the Epstein files, and House Speaker Mike Johnson and the House Republicans said, we're gonna vanish for a couple of.
Speaker 4: Months before we let that happen. Let's go to MSNBC for the report.
Speaker 12: Please, for all of Trump's efforts to change the subject, the Epstein story is not going away. And part of the reason it's not going away is that Trump himself is prolonging the story. Trump also has drawn attention back to this case by insisting that his allies in Congress block any effort to release more information on Epstein. Today's Little Lackey Speaker Mike Johnson made the decision to effectively shut down the House just to stall a bipartisan effort to get materials from the Epstein probe, which is a fairly hamhanded way to get people to stop talking about a topic. Of course, we're going to keep talking about the topic. And if there was any doubt that Trump was behind that decision, just listen to how Speaker Johnson's position changed in just the past week.
Speaker 4: You should put everything out there and let the people decide.
Speaker 11: We cannot be careless in an open release like that.
Speaker 2: You have to be very careful.
Speaker 12: Seems a little under to rest there. Second video, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: We had a Pete Booty Judge up here, a former Secretary of Transportation, Pete Booty Judge up here this morning, and he spoke on why people should care about this. Let's listen.
Speaker 22: You see all these headlines about Epstein, but you think to yourself, what I care about is how the Congress is dealing with healthcare, taxes, etc. Okay, well, Congress just got shut down. The Republicans just shut down the United States House of Representatives for two months in order to avoid having to vote on Donald Trump blocking the Epstein file. So even if you don't give a shit about the news story or the sensationalism of it, this now affects you because one of your branches of government is not operational between now and September because Speaker Mike Johnson and the Republicans would rather shut that branch of government down than let the Epstein files come out.
Speaker 4: Ooh ooh trop clues box people to judgement now.
Speaker 1: Also yesterday, the Wall Street Journal reported that back in May, President Trump was told that his name is among many in the Epstein files.
Speaker 4: Go to CBS News for report polase.
Speaker 31: The Wall Street Journal reporting that Trump was told by his Justice Department and the Briefing in May that his name or end quote a truckload of files related to Jeffrey Epstein. They also note that quote many other high profile figures were also named. The Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche, the number two at the Department of Justice, told the Wall Street Journal that they made Trump aware of these findings, and then again noted that there was nothing in the files that warranted further investigation and a response on the story to CBS News, White House Communications Director Stephen Chung noted that President Trump kicked Jeffrey Epstein out of his mar Alago club many years ago quote for being a creep, and said that this latest reporting from the Wall Street Journal is quote nothing more than the continuation of fake news stories.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Attorney Panmbondi Attorney General Panbindi also told President Trump that the Justice Department decided not to release more Jeffrey Epstein documents because of the presidence of child pornography and the need to protect the victims. No, tell the truth, you don't want to release the files because you have a need to protect President Donald Trump and whatever other powerful figures who are in those files. Okay, this is why I keep scressing that Democrats and everybody should never ever stop talking about the Epstein files. This is the bipartisan, common sense issue that all Americans can agree on. Okay, no matter how much the Trump administration floods his zone with other stories, whenever they try to turn the channel to something else, folks need to turn it right back to the Epstein files.
Speaker 4: They didn't care.
Speaker 1: When he got indicted ninety one times. They didn't care when he got impeached twice. They didn't care when he tried to stage an actual insurrection. They were cool when you got found liable for sexual abuse in civil court. With the Epstein files got the MAGA base outraged.
Speaker 7: They are not with it.
Speaker 4: Okay. The biggest cover up in America today.
Speaker 1: This is Democrats, transgenders, transgender and women's sports issue. Okay, Republicans never ever, Still to this day, I stopped talking about that. Dems need to treat the Epstein files the exact same way.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's just an obvious cover up, and Dems need to ask every day why is the Trump administration protecting pedophiles? Simple as that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Democrats, you've been looking for a way to connect with Trump supporters. You've been looking for a way to build a bridge with MAGA. That Epstein files is the issue that does that. And Mike Johnson, you think you're doing Trump a favor by shutting down the House for a couple of months so they don't force a vote to release the Epstein files. But all you really did was make matters worse by doing that, And I personally believe, and I'm putting on my tenfoil uh, my tenfoil poushisty mask right now, but I personally believe that's the whole plan.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Just a week ago, Mike Johnson was one of many Republicans pressing the Trump administration for more transparency on the Epstein case.
Speaker 4: Then there was a story that JD. Vans allegedly visited Rupert.
Speaker 1: Murdoch, owner of Fox News, in the Wall Street Journal, right before the Wall Street Journal dropped Trump's letter to Epstein. Then this week, this week Monday, Mike Johnson says they are shutting down the House to avoid voting on releasing the Epstein files. And then a couple days later, the Wall Street Journal drops this exclusive that Trump is indeed in the Epstein files. Also, we know Trump is suing Rupert Murdock, who has been a long time advisor and political ally to Trump.
Speaker 4: He's suing him for ten billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, all that glazing Rupert Murdock and Fox News have done for Trump, and soon as they do something Trump doesn't like, he soothes him for ten billion dollars. He's a friend to nobody. But I want you all to follow me for a second. Trump got be for Ruper, Murdock, Elon Musk, all these people who really helped put him in power. They don't seem to be rocking with him anymore. And I don't know if Trump realizes it not. Could be completely wrong. But if Trump is definitively named in the Epstein files in a damning way, credible allegations, not just association, I believe this is the perfect excuse for Republican elites the stage of political coup and push him out. Trust when I tell you, Republicans always fall in line. But there are power players in the GOP who have wanted to move on from Trump for years, but they are afraid of his base. But all Republican leaders would have to say is we didn't betray Trump. He betrayed us and the movement, okay, because he was supposed to bring down this elite system that has been complicit in a child sex trafficking ring, but instead he was a part of it. See if Trump is implicated all the conspiracy theorists, he would explode the Pizzagate qwanon Save the Children anti establishment crowd would lose its mind. Okay, Republicans could flip on Trump and fear no political consequences from the MAGA base. Okay, no backlash from the magabase because they couldn't support anyone connected to this level of evil, no matter how good the policies were.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: See Trump's superpower is that he's seen as separate from the swamp. But if you're named incredible Epstein allegations, come on, man, I mean even the diehard MAGA supporters would be like, we got played.
Speaker 4: Okay, He's just like them. Time to move on.
Speaker 1: You think jd Vance was allegedly meeting with Rupert Murdock for no reason? You think jd Vance has been quiet on this for nothing? Their callings for Julaye Maxwell to be subpoena to testify before Congress. If Epstein related testimony or documents spark a new investigation, then this could trigger Republicans, okay, to activate the twenty fifth Amendment.
Speaker 4: What is that, Uncle Charlotte. The twenty fifth Amendment is if.
Speaker 1: The president dies or resigns, or is removed from office as a result of impeachment proceedings, then the vice president shall become president.
Speaker 4: Not to mention twenty twenty six ers around the corner.
Speaker 1: Okay, Epstein files might be too toxic for House and Senate races.
Speaker 4: Republicans want to stay in power.
Speaker 1: They can ditch them without looking disloyal to the base. See Democrats don't have the power to do this anyway. Okay, Republicans can expose them, impeach them, have them removed, look like look like the heroes, and take their party back. This is Republican leadership best shot to get him out without getting outraged from the base. It's about morality, protecting the children, and draining the swamp for real. But I think Republicans already know that. Okay, I believe this is a plan, a political coup as being staged. Let's just sit back and watch it all play out. In the meantime, please give House Speaker Mike Johnson and the House Republicans the biggest he hull.
Speaker 6: I love a political donkey, all right, Well, thank you for that donk of today.
Speaker 5: Yes, and we'll see what happens. But as you said, we got to keep that foot on that neck. We got to see exactly what's coming out. Of course, it's just it's why I don't know, and.
Speaker 8: Leave me walking right, but I.
Speaker 5: And I don't want to but holes. I was serious, like I want to see what comes out of it.
Speaker 1: I know you knew this, daddy, like just scrambling, scrambling, scraping. It's just nasty. I don't know why when you talk, it just sounds like this.
Speaker 4: Logan comes out and logan go back.
Speaker 1: Not you, okay, logan all weekend, slam them boum bomb every chance you get, tough.
Speaker 4: On your daddy.
Speaker 5: Ye, you got rainbow ears, That's what your problem is. Yours are just rainbow gay ears.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: I'd rather have ears and a gay butthole up next, just fix my nest.
Speaker 8: If you gotta gets that mean they loose, just fix my Next.
Speaker 7: The breakfast Globe, Berdy.
Speaker 15: It's the real deal.
Speaker 8: I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it, mix it, fix it it. Just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is d j m V just hilarious charlamage the guy we are the breakfast club is time for just fix my mess.
Speaker 4: We have J on the line.
Speaker 19: Jay.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up y'all?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 20: J Hey, I'm talking nervous to Colleen. Please don't say my real name if you have it, but I'm Jay Jess.
Speaker 7: I need your help.
Speaker 20: My friend been telling me to call you because you think I'm tripping. Okay, so here's my little story. So I've been single and celibate for four years and I'm just now getting back out there dating. So a couple of months ago I met the guy and our first conversation was like six hours long. We have everything in common, our birthdays are one day apart.
Speaker 3: My favorite food is his specialty dish.
Speaker 20: We both scared at cricket, like it's just crazy stuff, right, yes, yes, yeah, I've never met I've never met anybody else, especially a grown man that's scared of cricket. So I'm like, okay, God, is this my person?
Speaker 4: I don't never leave.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we got to.
Speaker 20: Talking and stuff, and normally, like I don't talk about exes, on the first day, he kept on like bringing up his ex girlfriend and dogging around. I'm like, this is weird. So then in different elements of the conversation he was bringing up like a female best friend or another female just a best friend, and I was like, Okay, this is weird. So then I kicked into like my little investigative skills and I was sharing with him that my PMS movie is titaning and then.
Speaker 3: By the way he responded was like, oh you have my Extra.
Speaker 20: Friends PMS MOVIEES is blah blah blah.
Speaker 13: And I'm like, wait a minute, you know this is weird, like you oh yeah up.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 20: But then if he was using the same tone to describe the ex girl friend and the best friends, so I said, you know, is this the same person? And he said yeah, Like how did you discover that? Like that's how he said it, like yeah, And so I just froze and I'm like, you know, oh, me used to yell, but I'm healing over here. So I just try to stay quiet and process and take it in. And I said, you know, let me just take a couple of days to think about it, because I normally make brass decisions and cut people off. So a couple of days later we had a conversation about it. I brought it up. It's like, did you think about blah blah blah? And he said yeah, but I'm willing to still talk to you and overlook you for your flaw And I said, excuse me flaw, women's my flaw, and he said, the flaw is how you reacted towards me having a best friend. You seem like the types that don't that doesn't think that men and women should best friends. And I'm like, no, it's not that. That's not the issue. My touch friend is I saw a guy. We've been best friend since middle school and we talked from our thirties now. But the difference is we p ponesty, never has tout or anything like that. And I'm like, I think that now. The issue for me isn't that you have the friend. It's the fact that you wanted You didn't bring it up, you didn't tell me, and you're reacting in a negative way like you're you're deflecting and trying to make it seem like it's my issue. If I want to know if this the rest flag, wife, should I continue to talk to him? I did cut them off. I'm not gonna lie. I told him I didn't want to talk to you no more.
Speaker 8: I think they feel like a month.
Speaker 20: And I keep I keep thinking about them, and I'm keep it on a date with somebody else recently, and I'm like, am I worthy?
Speaker 7: But the guy was on a date with.
Speaker 20: He was like, man, so what's the worst thing you've ever been on? So I'm just like, I feel like I was just distracted thinking about this other guy.
Speaker 13: So what do you think I should do?
Speaker 6: Okay, So, first of all, kudos for going on dates. People don't go on real dates anymore. So I think that's dope that you are being taken on real dates, because that's what dating is, all right.
Speaker 8: Now, just because that was a lot you just gave me.
Speaker 6: So I'm just about to see if this question is is what I gathered from it?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 6: So his his best friend is his ex girlfriend. That's the same person, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 20: But he was preventing it if there was two different people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, keep them cut off that that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a clown and he tried to be a magician with it and it didn't work. Nah, then gonna try to tell you how you reacted was wrong. He's a clown. He plays too many games. Don't don't got time for that. How you gonna tell you? That's the problem people think women think that you can't have a female best friend to get Yo, your best friend was your ex girlfriend? Like, nah, we're not doing that Now you gave him a real example of that because you have a male best friend who you and him were just strictly platonic this whole time, you know what I mean, that's where their best friend is. And when you cross them lines and you try to go back, that's when it becomes weird because now y'all are y'all are now intimate. You know y'all were once intimate, So leave him cut off. And this is and is not wrong to think about him. This is somebody that you liked and then you got to take an account. You were just single and celibate for four years. So any type of good attention that you get coming out of that, you're going to go crazy over it.
Speaker 8: So it's not wrong that you're thinking about him. But he is not for you.
Speaker 6: You you're you're your eyes is wide open, you got the blinders off.
Speaker 4: You good you.
Speaker 8: You have cleaned yourself and purified yourself for four years.
Speaker 6: You don't got time for none of that narcissistic bs that he playing around with, you know what I mean?
Speaker 20: Yes, thank you so much for validating that.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think you're good.
Speaker 6: I think you're in the best in the best position that you could ever be in dating like you. I'm guessing you know what it's like to love yourself. You know what it's like to be alone. You know what you will tell.
Speaker 22: I know what you want.
Speaker 8: You know what's inappropriate.
Speaker 6: Things that don't align with you, don't even don't even try to mess up all of that four years of hard work for a clown like that.
Speaker 8: We're not doing that.
Speaker 20: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: You welcome girl, and congress to you.
Speaker 20: You got a whole little glow with I. You made whole baby, her second baby, like I can see the happiness. I can see the glow all over you.
Speaker 15: So thank you, Chris.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 17: Girl.
Speaker 8: Ah blah.
Speaker 5: Now just this young lady has a problem has to do with you.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, what is it? A lady?
Speaker 4: Yes, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of last?
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 32: So I got tickets for your soul months ago away and the exact or not rescheduled. So I said, okay, we'll just go when i's rescheduled. Well, now I's rescheduled, and if fifty can but the glove that I got them with, she and I no longer speak.
Speaker 3: I've emailed her.
Speaker 32: In an text and Facebook term and said.
Speaker 33: Hey, can you just give me my information because I still want to God not responded, and I levastated because I'm going to buy a ticket to the met Lane show, you know, because.
Speaker 3: I really want to go.
Speaker 14: Is something we want to do, you're gonna.
Speaker 20: Do with So that's not the issue.
Speaker 3: But I just can't understand why just send me my paid for her or send.
Speaker 15: Me my money.
Speaker 33: And it's pissed me off. And then another thing is you are you doing the meat and break after the four o'clock show?
Speaker 4: Nope, No, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 33: That's the devastating part because four o'clock actually works.
Speaker 3: For me and I'm telling so it doesn't matter. But I don't know my money on my ticket.
Speaker 20: For the Friday show?
Speaker 8: Okay, what show is she gonna be at? What show?
Speaker 4: Did she?
Speaker 6: Did she get your tickets for Best Friday Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 33: Yeah, I don't even remember this so long Ado, so it's Friday?
Speaker 8: Okay, all right? Cool?
Speaker 6: You want to give me a name so I can tell her that was wrong. I'm gonna tell her on stage after the show. I ain't gonna say that crazy because she's still with my fan, you know what I mean. But I'm just gonna be like, you know that was wrong that you did my homegirl like that.
Speaker 4: Man, it depends you.
Speaker 3: Don't even have to say her name. Is you said the.
Speaker 20: Scenario, she would know?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 8: Cool, cool, all right?
Speaker 6: So look this, you already brought your ticket because I can just get your tickets to the show, and you can you have another fan that you want to bring to the man and a. I'll just get you and them for free, and then what I will do is is I will take a picture with you. I'm not doing meet and Greek for that show, but if you give me your name and your plus one's name, I can have security bring you to the back after that show and I'll just take a picture with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my bay.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I can't wait to see you out of such a big fan.
Speaker 8: Thank carey. I love you girl.
Speaker 3: Y'all from Paris last week, Paris, I.
Speaker 8: Know that's right. Hold up, if you called us from parents friends last week?
Speaker 3: Yes, mine and boer right, you're right.
Speaker 8: I got all of my business on that part.
Speaker 3: But I was watching They're gonna put me on.
Speaker 5: Saturday, Yes, ma'am, I see Saturday's show on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Tell people that.
Speaker 6: Arlington, Texas, y'all, Dallas Footworth. Make sure y'all get y'all tickets for the m priv shows. Me and Dozzie Alexander will be there this weekend. We got five shows, so get your tickets. Just Larry's official dot com and.
Speaker 5: See what do you do in that situation? You buy a ticket to go with somebody? Y'all don't speak no more, but I still want to go.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 5: Do y'all sit at the same table and just don't speak at ny hell no, hell no?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 8: I the girl? Honestly what the girl did to her?
Speaker 6: Because I should have asked what did y'all do? Why did y'all fall out? Because she probably did something crazy to Shorty That's why she's not getting that fifty five hours back.
Speaker 8: But I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's why I said, let me know her name, because I'm gonna bring her in the back and ask her what happened?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 8: Friday at seven, We'll.
Speaker 5: Get your texts to see just this weekend? What shows? How many shows?
Speaker 4: You got?
Speaker 8: Five?
Speaker 6: We got two on Friday and three on Saturday and the Mad Day was just added on Saturday at four so get those tickets, y'all.
Speaker 5: All right, now when we come back, we got the ladies with Laura. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast slogan morning the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: If you daddy list make some noise meaning, by by the way, no respect to dead beef fathers.
Speaker 4: I really mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 1: All of the fathers who choose not be in their children's lives, y'all are complete suckers.
Speaker 7: I don't even know.
Speaker 4: How you can like enjoy that your kids give you, and the feeling of.
Speaker 5: Every day you walk in that house and that little that little baby just grab you.
Speaker 4: I don't care how much the baby mama pisses you off. That child is your responsibility and that is who you are there for.
Speaker 1: Even if you and the mother don't have no you know, dealings with each other, you should be there for that child and mothers you should not keep father away from their children. But I'm just talking about the ones that just choose to act like you know, we don't know, y'all.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Thank y'all, y'all are suckers.
Speaker 8: Hey you're watching the show?
Speaker 4: WHOA, I'm sorry, No, I'm good, all right, let's get to the letters.
Speaker 8: Lauren Lauren becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 4: She can't tell me somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 8: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 7: And she'd be having the latest on the Latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 23: Also, Clarissa Shields is everywhere right now doing press because you know she has that fight this weekend a Saturday with Lonnie Daniels happening in Detroit. Now, this fight, all her fights are a big deal, but this one is special because Clarissa has not fought in Detroit since turning pro.
Speaker 8: She's gonna walk out, according.
Speaker 34: To I thought her last fight was last fight was in the trade, maybe tripping the last of a website.
Speaker 8: No, it was an actual sports website. Well that is not true.
Speaker 23: But it's still a big fight for her because she says she's gonna be walking out to Rick Ross I'm a boss.
Speaker 8: Because she wants to remind the people, and she.
Speaker 23: Talked a bit last night on Nightcap about what we can expect from the fight.
Speaker 8: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: What you can look forward to see it on Saturday.
Speaker 35: I don't know if you guys watched the all women's card that happened with MVP July eleventh up in Masters.
Speaker 2: Regarding a lot of those girls that fought were good.
Speaker 35: They were ranked number two, three, and four in the world, but number one did not fight, so you didn't get to see the skills and the power and everything that I possessed.
Speaker 2: So that's what you're going to see on Saturday.
Speaker 35: And I'm bringing you know, I'm packing the house with fifteen thousand people. I'm well over a million dollars at the gate already. We're going to do probably close to two million dollar that they gate.
Speaker 2: I'm coming out to put on the shell, the shell.
Speaker 35: For the people, and I'm come there and I'm bringing power. I'm bringing skills, I'm bringing speed, and i want to show you why I wear These greatest women of all.
Speaker 1: Time changed dropping includes mol Clarisa Shildtle the arena right. Yes, yes, she's definitely fought before She's fat there like three times.
Speaker 4: I watch clarisas shields for a long time.
Speaker 23: Well, I think you know, we had the conversation about the fight. Everyone's expecting Clarists Shields to win, of course, but there's also been a lot of conversation, a lot of conversations about things outside of her in the ring, which I think I like to see because I do like to see the girls have it all. But you know, it has to be a lot of pressure. So everywhere she's been that I've seen, they've asked her about her new relationship, her new music. So let's take a listen to Clarissa's Shields talking about wanting to have kids on the Pivot.
Speaker 35: So I feel like I put too much time on hold on having a kid and being married and stuff for boxing. Already, I'm going to have a baby next year already. Are we already had it planned out. I'm gonna have baby next year, and then after I go through my stuff, then I'll come back and fight and fight some more, and then probably have another one and then.
Speaker 8: Do the same thing again.
Speaker 35: Like I don't want to wait till im, you know, forty forty three whatever after my career to have my kids. I want to be able to run at the park with my kids and stuff like that. I don't I don't want to be too old. So I think that keep my body in shape I don't drink, I don't smoke.
Speaker 8: I think that.
Speaker 35: That that that that'll also helped me too when I'm going through this whole body and life change and stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's what's up. Ye know, she don't want to be old when she had her kids.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 23: And they talked a bit about that because they were talking about Nameo Soka and it's just the different pressure pressures that name Osaka had returned into tennis after having her kids. At Yeah Yes Now on nightcap last night, though Claris because she had an album release party last night while listening not released I'm sorry a listening party, she says that the music is not officially released, so we don't have it to play here. Her album, Yeah, it's hers. She she's rapping. So she talked about what she wants to do after music outside of being a mom. Let's take a listen to her on music on that cap.
Speaker 4: With other hobbies?
Speaker 7: Are you interested in?
Speaker 8: What else is it that you like to do?
Speaker 2: Music?
Speaker 35: I have My listening party today went very well, you know everybody. I had nine songs and they rated all my songs ten I was so sho. I like music and Honestly, I'm a big community person. I want to train young girls and young boys who come from environments that I grew up in, and I want to teach them boxing so boxing can help them like it helped me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what's up. But I ain't wold you.
Speaker 6: If I went to a Clarissa Shill's listening party, I would say it was nice too, even if it ain't.
Speaker 1: It does feel like this is the most shatter, at least on on social media that we've heard about Clarissa's Shields outside of the Ring, which is interesting because you know, she's had a Netflix documentary t Rex was really good. She's like a bioio her Life, which is really good starring Ryan Destiny, The Fire Inside. So you know, that's what I would tell people. For everybody who's just getting familiar with Clarissa Shields because you see her on social media, you see her Daton Pat Pools, go back and do your research. Go watch the Netflix documentary t Rex, Go watch The Fire Inside. Her bio pick with Ryan Destiny that came out with last year, Christmas, last Day.
Speaker 5: I just I just want to make sure that she's not distracting it, and she is focused because it's a lot going We had so many things outside of the boxing ring, and I need Clarisa to win. Clarissa the homie, I want her to win. She gets busy, she's nice. I just don't want any of these distractions to distract her from training and making sure she's properly prepared.
Speaker 18: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think she discracted from training. I just you know she'll be She'll be focused in the ring on Saturday night. That's one thing I know about Clarissa's shields. She locks in, she does, she locks.
Speaker 6: But I get saying though, because it is a little lot, like it's a lot going on, a lot that we see her doing in the media is like she in the media almost every day, every other day. Yes, and it's not about fighting.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting to watch people star rise based off, you know, things that you don't necessarily would think would make their stars. You would think the movie would make the star, right or the documentary, But for whatever reason, it's just all this chatter.
Speaker 5: But I also think we're from a place where usually when boxes fight, they shut.
Speaker 4: Down for like.
Speaker 5: And then you only hear them the week before. But when you hear her popping up at award shows and doing this, that and the other. I just want to make sure you know what she she she's knocking this girl out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the most important. I'm pretty sure she will.
Speaker 8: She coming out the rick. Yeah, that's that's cool.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 8: I swear I thought it was gonna be our boyfriend, that's what.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 23: She talked a lot about Pat helping her right now and just being not even helping her, but just being like an ear and a guy for her all night cap as well last night.
Speaker 8: Let's say a listen, since.
Speaker 35: I met Pa Pools, he has brought a whole different woman out of me. I guess, like I listen to him, he can tell me to be quiet okay, and he knows how I fight, you know, so I can't bully him around the He's so kind to me and he's so helpful that I've always had to do everything myself since seventeen years old, and now I have somebody that really like have my back and my best interests. I was working on my happiness before I met him, but meeting him it just gave me, Like I think, when you find your person, you can just talk to him about anything and about any problem. Like I call him about everything, and I mean he always has his ear open to communicate and talk with me and give me great advice and also to let me know, like, look, you're wrong here.
Speaker 2: It's so many tweets and so many posts that I was about to put up. He like, no, don't do it. I don't know.
Speaker 35: I feel like I have I have a great partner in crime, and we and we're going somewhere special.
Speaker 5: That man, absolutely, But could you imagine the tweets that he didn't save because some of the tweets that she put out, Now, just imagine the tweets that he said, please don't put that in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she never had nobody like that to calm her down or like she said, bring out the soft part of her or you know, she calls it a different type woman because she ain't never been soft, so she don't even know how to say soft.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he brings the soft parts out of her. I think that's dope. I knew.
Speaker 4: Wish more people would do that.
Speaker 1: Like, before you tweet something, just call somebody first and have the conversation. Just just talk about whatever it is that's making you want to tweet. Before you send the tweet out. That conversation you have might make you realize, you know what, it ain't thats sarious.
Speaker 23: I think sometimes two people take things the wrong way from her, Like she talks about the angel Rees tweet and like once I heard her actually talk about and just didn't read it and a twitter, I mean an ex post. I was like, I can see where people thought how they felt, but she was coming from a different place.
Speaker 8: Like you know what I mean, I know.
Speaker 5: We got a rap the crazy thing about Clorisa, and I think Chearlea Mane said the same is she's a very humble person.
Speaker 4: Like she will if she sees you, she'll come speak, she'll say what's up.
Speaker 5: So when she gets the bad rapp of being this meatess, she's not that she ass in the ring, but she's very humble person, very humble person, probab shoes like relations a lot.
Speaker 1: Now make sure you tune into the Zone this Saturday, July twenty sixth, because she that's where you can watch the fight.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, Well that is the latest with Lauren. Now let's get to the mix.
Speaker 7: Let's go the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Your mornings will never be the same morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's theej Envy, just hilarious, Chelamaine to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Reminding you guys again my call show the last one o the year August sixteenth in New Jersey Tri State.
Speaker 4: So if you can make it, pull up on me.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a lot of fun, family fun day. I know a lot of different markets schools start in August, but I know in the Tri State they don't start until September.
Speaker 4: So hey, come on through and enjoy yourself as a family fun day.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 4: This week, you're gonna be in Texas, right.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be in Arlington, Texas, y'all at the end priv two shows on Friday and three shows on Saturday. Again, I have added a matinee show for four pm, so get your tickets because I will not be doing shows on Sunday, guys, So get your tickets for that matin they show now.
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 6: It's seventy eight percent sold out, So the only show that we got to sell out is the matinee.
Speaker 8: I am sorry, y'all, but get those tickets if he can.
Speaker 6: I will be doing Meet and Greek for the nine pm show on Friday, and also the nine thirty show on Saturday, So get those tickets. Just alisofficial dot com. And next weekend, Dude, Jackson Little Jacksonville, Florida, You're girl gonna be at the Company's one. So get your tickets because we got four shows next weekend.
Speaker 1: Now we got a salute to Pete Booty Judge for joining us this morning. Salute to Pete Booty Judge. Man cool, Yeah, he cool as hell. A former United States Secretary of Transportation. He's polling at thirteen percent right now in regards to being the Democrat nominee for twenty and twenty eight. I posted it up on my Instagram page and asked, you know, do y'all think he was his chances? My comments ain't feeling it, no chance. Dam I love about black people, though. What even though there's a poll that said he got a thirteen percent chance, black people will be like he got zero.
Speaker 8: But that's why he told you depends on what poll you're looking at.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna vote for I guess you know they said zero percent chance of him getting the nomination or winning out.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't Barack Obama, like less than ten percent when he first when when they started his first one post.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but let's deal with the reality of it. Barack Obama wasn't gay, damn.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just gonna be very hard for an LGBTQ president, you know, to win.
Speaker 5: Like, what are people like, what are people scared of? Theyre gonna have pink guns in the military, Like, come on.
Speaker 4: I think Pete is a very sharp person. Yep. I think he would make a great candidate. I think so, But you know, I don't. I don't know like it.
Speaker 1: But you got to hear his messaging. That's the problem with Democrats right now. They don't really have a message, you know, like just because you sound good and you talking good don't mean anything. What's your message? What are you going to deliver to people? Like just walking around saying Trump bad, Trump bad ain't gonna cut it.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 8: Well, they may take a gay man to get the messaging right.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you know, listen, man, stranger things have happened in America. I just don't think America is ready for a gay president.
Speaker 4: I mean, we.
Speaker 8: Wanted like a woman president, that's right, But who you got winning that? Would you have a black woman?
Speaker 6: What do you think America which is a black woman over a gay white man, or a kay white man over a black woman.
Speaker 4: Depends with the black woman. We had that conversation to about women.
Speaker 1: Right, Hillary Clinton one more popular vote by more than three million both.
Speaker 4: If there's no electoral college, Hillary Clinton's president correct.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris has had the second most votes of any Democratic nominee ever. So I just think it's you know, it's not that America wouldn't vote for a woman. It's just gonna take the right person the breakthrough.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, we're tuning to give away that daily bread and we have Yeah, hey, what's up show? You just want one thousand dollars? Yes, ma'am, thank you. What you're doing with that money?
Speaker 20: I am going to read people my grandmother's backyard walk right.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's dope. You can do all that for a thousand dollars with crackheads, you know, probably not in a week. I got a few, got the ones, and I got a few. We lost them.
Speaker 8: Damn the player, that god damn phone. But we got our numbers.
Speaker 1: Call you back sheet or your phone hung up. But don't worry about it. We got your number, we got your name. We're gonna make sure you get your money.
Speaker 5: That's right now Today is daily Red responsible by back Market.
Speaker 4: Stop letting old tech sit in the junk drawer.
Speaker 5: Turn it into real money with back market sell devices, clean Space, patch of pockets. Learn more at backmarket dot com. Nows you've got a positive note. I do have a positive note and it comes from a frank man. I love this quote a lot. Our lives are fashioned by our choices. First we make our choices. Then our choices make us choose. Choose wisely.
Speaker 8: Breakfast club, you don't finish for y'all done,