Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mila, and it's our two hundred episode.
Speaker 2: Two hundred episodes. Holy fucking shit, do you believe it? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: We talk two hundred times, bitch, that's like two hundred plus hours of talking. Wait, wait, like, where's your credentials? Do you have two hundred plus hours of talking?
Speaker 2: More than two hundred? It's on Camra, like five hundred plus, okay, because each episode is about an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Congratulation, congratulation. Oh my goodness, I have.
Speaker 3: Shown up to do something two hundred motherfucking times in your life. Every week, every week, you have done something two hundred times.
Speaker 2: You At this point, we're masters. We've mastered it because that's what they say.
Speaker 1: That's what the people are saying. So we're experts. Yeah. Wow, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 3: It feels really good to say that we're masters at our craft.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: You're watching masters at work.
Speaker 2: Bing bong?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, don't fucking bing bong again?
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that? Where did you get that? Are you watching the shade?
Speaker 2: We're doing it a few months ago. I don't know just.
Speaker 1: Why are you just catching on now?
Speaker 2: I'm older. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I think just stay on your lane. Okay, I'm sorry, no bing bong here.
Speaker 2: That's not cool. Okay, got it, won't do it again.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the last time.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel? I feel like a seasoned vet, very seasoned.
Speaker 2: I feel amazing. I feel like wow, a, like we really showed up two hundred times to do something. I think it's like this podcast has giving me obviously so much purpose and made me feel so empowered in who I am, and I get to show up as myself every week, and that has allowed me to show up in my life as myself every day all the time in the most annoying obnoxious way. But hey, it's me, and I don't know. I'm just really grateful that we met that one night at the bar. I think it was like the Funky Monkey or something, the blue Monkey. It was like the blue It was the blue monkey, every monkey, and the rest is history.
Speaker 3: For real, honest to fucking god, thank you for creeping up on me in that bathroom line, like, hey, bitch, oh my god, we got to find that picture. There's like one pic member that picture. We just found like last year of that night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Found there's like one mysterious picture somewhere that Erica has somewhere on her phone of like the first.
Speaker 1: Time we ever met.
Speaker 3: And I know, like how crazy that you just asking low Kia stranger to start something with you has spawned into this huge fucking umbrella of things.
Speaker 2: I never would have done that any other time. So I don't know why I did that, because I, like, especially prior to that, like it was really hard for me to even ask for help, to even like just I don't know, like I think, I think my ego was really wrapped up and like I could do it. I could do it. I could do everything myself. I don't need anybody.
Speaker 1: You' got it, and I got it. I got it, I got it, don't got it, got it.
Speaker 2: You know, Like and so I'm just really grateful that God said, bitch, go talk to this bitch, go say something. You need a friend, okay, and I have.
Speaker 3: The best one I know, like for real. I mean I wasn't expecting that. Obviously, I didn't know you were coming to say make friends. And I don't know in any other circumstance would I have ever felt comfortable to be like, hi, do you have a baby?
Speaker 1: Like I probably would have.
Speaker 3: Been like, oh, I did see her on Instagram and like, you know, say hi because we had a mutual friend there. But like I don't know if I would have taken as far as been like take my number, let's hang out, just because like I'm not that I am friendly, but like thinking that people are so cool and that they're gonna think that you're being weird. But I'm so grateful that you stepped out on a whim and did that, because oh child, it's been quite a ride, baby.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's a testament to anyone listening to Like sometimes you just gotta just if you if your gut something in you was like just go ahead say hi to that person, and you reject it, don't like just go do it because something is telling you to do that and I don't know something. I like took a lot of measures to go there, Like I trot to drop my kid off, I had to confront mom, shame, I had to get to the club, find this bitch, figure out what am I going to say and not be awkward because I'm so fucking awkward.
Speaker 3: Follow through, Like but you know, and you follow through. But we that Monday we hang out. I can't tell you nearly what we talked about.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. It was just like marg Margarita, Margerite. Yes, maybe it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was a white wine. It was something at your grandma's house, Margarita.
Speaker 2: I think it was margarita.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, even further than that, like being around each other and not being super we're uper close, like still being like, hey, do you want to.
Speaker 1: Start this thing with me?
Speaker 3: And then telling me the story about your threesome couple and like if you guys didn't know me and Erica weren't friends until we started the podcast. We actually got to know each other on the mic. We're just assuming people have not joined us anywhere in this two hundredth episode fucking journey, But if you're just joining us, Erica creeped up on me in a bar and we had a play date. We had a couple of play dates, but we really weren't close friends until one day were at a birthday party and she was newly single and she's like, I met a couple on tender?
Speaker 1: Are you on tender? And I was like a couple. Huh.
Speaker 3: It's like I didn't know this bitch was this spicy and I like her more than I thought. Of course, that was a story that made me like her more.
Speaker 1: I did like her, but no two people one time. Wow, my people.
Speaker 3: Made more in common than I thought that. I thought the babies were the only thing. And you know, it made me more intrigued in her, I guess. And then shortly after she was like, do you want to start like a podcast?
Speaker 1: And she's like, there's note about like single motherhood. Do you know?
Speaker 2: Originally, actually before I even asked you, I talked to Niche about this, and you know, I was gonna ask Felicia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you did tell me that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Felicia Latour And like look at her fucking glow up to filling it. Somebody's mama shout out to Felicia. But like God was like something was like, you know, I felt like Feli. I was like, she's doing her she's found her thing, she already got her thing. And I was like, I don't know who I'm gonna ask, and what how do I even ask this? I don't even know what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Can you record her?
Speaker 2: She talked to me and with my computer out, like I'm gonna put my computer on and we'll just like talk like yeah, it's just it's but we just I think off the bat though, even though we weren't like the best of friends, we always had good conversation. And that's why I was like, yeah, we're interesting, we agree, we disagree. And I thought like, when I started listening to podcasts, I was like, there's nothing about black moms that are dating and single and young. Everyone's old and white and drinking a lot of wine, saying like.
Speaker 1: But fuck, fuck, those kids are assholes.
Speaker 2: God damn it. Yeah, assholes, that's the one. But yeah, so that's what let us hear. And it's two hundred episodes in. We've had a wild ride of really personal growth, making so many friends along.
Speaker 1: The way, so many friends.
Speaker 2: Friends that like, God, like it's crazy, just like friends I didn't even know I needed. Like, it's from listeners that are friends now, to guests that are friends, to people that are helping us support this podcast, like it's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 3: A lot of our community has been built just through the podcast.
Speaker 1: It just it makes me more reassured.
Speaker 3: In the fact, like obviously I already know, like this is our purpose and this is like the path that we've been given, and like that's why we've just I don't know, it's like we are we do get to show up every day and be ourselves, and as a direct result of being ourselves, we inevitably attract our tribe, you know, like people who we fuck with and people who just accept us as we are and like make us even more ourselves and more comfortable to be ourselves because everybody else is in there who they are too. You know, Like I feel good being empowered to be me, and then everybody else is empowered to be themselves, and so together collaboratively, we've just like made so many I feel like soulmates we have we have.
Speaker 2: I think people often think reserve soulmate title for like a sexual lover, romantic lover, but like I have some of the deepest soulmates in my friendships for sure, And you know, I think that like and a lot of them have been a result of this podcast. I'm so grateful that most of my friends really you know, have made me a like tap into myself understand that like I am just enough the self love is like the only love I really need and I think being able to come on here and get on the mic every day and not every day but every week, and just like talk has been incredibly what is it therapuzing.
Speaker 1: Therapeutic for me?
Speaker 2: And sometimes when I couldn't afford therapy, I was just.
Speaker 1: Here and it's expedited.
Speaker 3: I feel like for me, it's really expedited, like some personal growth.
Speaker 1: I'm amen. Yes, you know, like things.
Speaker 3: That may have taken even longer for me to understand, I've just just by talking through it, by having a person in a community that keeps me accountable for having to be accountable for myself.
Speaker 1: Like, bait, you sound dumb.
Speaker 3: You just said that last year, Like you said that two years ago, bitch, you still like getting digmatized. It is just like I don't know, it's beautiful to have this safe space and like really therapy, you know. That's like, I'm so grateful my work is therapy a man.
Speaker 2: And honestly, the theme of this month is so aligned. And I think this was just by accident actually that our two hundred episode landed in February on.
Speaker 3: The second, on the second, wait, today's the second month of the year. In the February the second month of the year on the second in the year of twenty twenty two in.
Speaker 2: Two hundredth episode This Whole Journey? What does too mean?
Speaker 1: Two? Okay? So twenty two.
Speaker 3: In numerology, number twenty two symbolizes sole mission, duality, selflessness, relationship.
Speaker 1: And balance are all shown by the number two.
Speaker 3: The number twenty two represents double the amount of energy. Additionally, this angel number has a strong relationship to emotions, intuition, and idealism. These are only a few of the many attributes in numerology. The number twenty two represents the fulfillment of one's greatest aspirations, as well as a sense of strength and accomplishment.
Speaker 1: I feel that way.
Speaker 2: Be aware that.
Speaker 3: Number twenty two is among the most powerful numbers, so if you see it, don't be surprised. Most likely as a result of the divines desired to inspire you to strive for greater heights. While it's a lot of responsibility, it's all in the best possible light. Because twenty two is your life number, it's likely that you are Okay, well, we're not going to go into that because we're not talking about life number, but clearly amen, Yeah, total my birthday is also on the twenty second special number.
Speaker 1: I agree it is.
Speaker 3: And it's been like this journey looking back has been so wildly divine, Like it's not a coincidence that our twenty like we are turning, you know, our two.
Speaker 1: Hundredth episodes on the second.
Speaker 3: Like everything we've done has been like really shown us how magical life is and how like how like how powerful we are, and like when you listen to the universe, it really opens up for you and answers for you, and you will get all the friends, and you will get all the like all the things that you need.
Speaker 1: Will inevitably come to you. You know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we weren't as witchy when we started, but now we're just like full blown witch mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you're doing everything with good intentions, you know. I think like all of the intentions that we've had in business have really been good. Like they've never been malicious. It's never been about like I mean, obviously we want to make money and shit and do that and do the things and be successful, but like, ultimately it's always been about like the growth, the growth of the self, growth of us. How do we help our community and how do we help them grow? How do we give them the tools that you know that they need? How do we give them the resources that maybe like how do we find resources for them that maybe we don't need, but like, hey, I know someone that you know can help you with that. That's really kind of what good Moms is all about.
Speaker 3: We just really wanted to create a space that wasn't judgmental of anyone, Like you can come as you are, and that's cool, and like, in fact, we're different. This is not typical to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway, because this is who the fuck I am, and like really providing a safe space not only for us, but like for the people who come to know you can be who you are and that's perfectly acceptable, especially.
Speaker 1: As a mom.
Speaker 3: And like, I don't know, it's true, it's always been good intentions and like really the intentions we have for ourselves we also have for our community.
Speaker 2: Literally, like everything that I like, even like the challenges that we learned, is like I don't want to do it alone, Like it's because I want to grow, Like maybe maybe someone else wants to grow in this way with me. I don't know, maybe, And then I think that's kind of like the driver of everything.
Speaker 3: And also like planning a seed, you know, like there are so many people who are living in thought processes and in like ideologies that they didn't even they didn't even ask for, and sometimes you just need someone to drop in and be like is that your thoughts?
Speaker 1: That makes sense? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like we all need that, Like that's what conversation is for that, Like that's the most beautiful thing about exchanging conversation is like you can always be birth new ideas. You can always like your mindset can always expand, Like damn, I never even thought about that, you know, like suddenly your scope is so much larger just for having a conversation. And I think our hope is also to be like so many women are stuck in certain like mine jails, mind prisons because you've been taught something and in fact, like you've become a slave to the system and in fact, like you are the system and you create your own and like that's in motherhood, that's in parenthood, that's an adulthood and womanhood. You know, like we are only as broad as our ideas. And I really I think one of our big thing too, is like breaking out this stereotypical, archaic idea of how you have to be as a woman, as a mom, as a man, you know, like to be heard of the fuck you want to be. And you can be black, and you could be young, and you could be old or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't none of these things.
Speaker 3: You know, they're all what we how we design, and life is to be designed and not to just be lived.
Speaker 2: Ay man, I love when you go. I love when you have a sermon, bitch, it's every time. It's the way to deliver. Oh my goodness. So speaking of black black it also is Black History Months, So happy Black History Month, my.
Speaker 1: Love, Happy Black History Month. Queen. I hate saying that goddess. What is like, what's a better word than goddess?
Speaker 2: Grand Rising?
Speaker 1: Queen grand Rise?
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's like the number one. Don't ever text for grand Rising.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate it.
Speaker 1: I've like said that bad. Don't say it to me.
Speaker 2: You've said it, You've literally texted.
Speaker 1: I never texted probably put in like a story.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna search your fucking fun I'm gonna search Jamila's text and type been grain Rising.
Speaker 3: It's and I've never sent that to anyone, shut the fuck up like a hotep man tea.
Speaker 1: No you don't.
Speaker 2: That's why I need to know for sure to confirm this. Oh my gosh, I got distracted.
Speaker 1: Oh we said it. Happy Black History Months.
Speaker 3: Happy, I'm dropping some very black drops merch.
Speaker 1: We're really in our merch game right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go check out our merch. We dropped a little special thing for Black History Month, some teas that are cute as fuck, black as fuck, mam a's fuck fine as fuck. Go check that out on our website. But you know, every day's Black History Month. Over're here, boo. We don't even like to celebrate. Okay, I'm black already, motherfucking day.
Speaker 3: The only thing Black History Month is good for is around January ish the brands we'll start looking for their token blacks, setting them on payroll, making it seem like their brands give a fuck about the twenty eight days in February because it's Black History Months.
Speaker 1: But I have a reminder for everyone and all the brands that are.
Speaker 2: Give us the shortest month of the whole of course, But.
Speaker 3: You guys, black people are here every day three six five by.
Speaker 2: By black all the time, not just this month.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Support.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to and you're not black and you're white and you want to you want to get into that white guilt.
Speaker 1: Go to Good Mom's Bad Choices dot com click merch.
Speaker 3: Brand partnerships are in the contact us. We're available to be your token blacks for fifuar.
Speaker 2: We will ask for the highest price this month specifically, and you must give it to us, or we're going to tell everyone exposed.
Speaker 1: No pressure, no pressure to call us.
Speaker 3: Should no one called this month, use the other black moms, I didn't do that that thing or they bullied.
Speaker 2: Them on air, Oh my gosh. Well, you know we have a theme for every month.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Last month's theme was confidence Confidence. This month's theme.
Speaker 1: Is for Self. February for the love of Self.
Speaker 2: You know, February can be a weird time because, you know, in America, we love to just be so invested in all the holidays that they say are really important we must celebrate, including Valentine's Day. And I feel like around this month winter in general, you know, it's cuffing season, and niggas feel like they got to have a WiFi. Bitch just feel like they need to have a nigga if they don't they're sad. And you know what I've felt in this month being a single woman and really focusing on my self love is like I rarely feel sad about not having a man, Like do I want a partner? Yes? Of course? Do I want partnership? Do I do? Sometimes Like I look up and I'm like, if I had a boyfriend or a man, like my groceries would have gotten picked up already. Yeah, of course I feel all those ways, but which I think are natural. But I think my journey and self love has really allowed me to come to this place where it's like I am not seeking outwardly in that way. And this month I really wanted us to focus on is just like focusing on dating yourself, spending time with yourself. When was the last time you, you know, I went to the movie was by yourself? When someone was the last time you went and had a drink by yourself, took yourself on a nice date. You know, a lot of times we're sad because no one's taking us out, but we haven't even took us out right, Like, I think that those things are really really important and inevitably all that those things will come love and all those things if as long as you're you know, aligned and manifesting those things and working on yourself. But the self love is the major key confidence self love. I mean, we're going on this journey this year of really like building the perfect, not the perfect, but like the highest version of ourself every month, and I feel like self love is one you cannot forget. You cannot overstep that, you can't skip it, you can't get around it, because that bitch will show up every single time.
Speaker 3: Well, we're trying to fill voids with people, and like when you love yourself, you don't really need to do that, and like everybody wants love, but essentially you can't really give love or receive it if you don't believe it. And that means loving yourself, and people fuck that up all the time, attaching themselves to other people.
Speaker 2: And attach themselves the things too, like even just not even people like work, right, you know, like overworking yourself at me, like just just distracting yourself from yourself with anything, whether it's drugs, whether it's sex. Being an entrepreneur, I mean I think that that even itself can feel like I think that can become an excuse as well to not work on your career. I'm working. I'm working. I'll get to that. I'll get to that. I'll get to that. I remember I went on this date with this guy. I talked about him like last year. He was kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: What was his name? Do I give it?
Speaker 2: Did I ever give him a name?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh? Do I forget that? It will crazy babe.
Speaker 3: Actually, someone just mention that person to me and I was like, I don't fuck with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I talked about this guy and anyway, he was like a self proclaimed self avoid like he was like, yay, yeah, I'm working on this and this and that and like but I know, like I really got to work on like my self love. But I'll get to that later. Like he literally said that to me, like I'll get to that later, and I was like wow, I mean, I mean, it was kind of amazing that he like said it out loud. I was like, Okay, well, at least you know that you.
Speaker 3: Need to get there, but not something to say on a date per se. I mean, you should actually say that to me. If that's the truth, let me go get my shit and go to the car right back.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't, I should haven't. But you know the woman in me is like, oh, you need to be loved, Like, oh, maybe you don't know you're misunderstood.
Speaker 1: You don't show you how good you are. You don't mean that.
Speaker 2: A nigga meant that. But yeah, I mean he was avoiding himself because he had all these projects and things he was trying to, you know, focus on That's what's his main goal is Like, and he was a father too, like making sure his kid was set up and he had to make sure that was how happening before he had the time to focus on himself. And like even parents like again, like we avoid ourselves so much and use our kids as reasons why we can't, you know, make self care and self love a priority, but it has to be. You're gonna be a shitty parent if you're not prioritizing that at all.
Speaker 3: You can't, Like just like you can't be in a romantic relationship without first like having love of self. It's usually not successful. It's the same with your kids. It will always come up. Your lack of love for yourself will always come up in other relationships because it's a projection of what's not the shit that's not being done inwardly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: So February we're talking about the love of self, and that so much comes with that, right, like treating yourself nice, taking care of yourself, taking yourself out on dates, having positive self talk.
Speaker 3: When you hear negative things come up, or there's just so many things. You know what I noticed last month because I do like to be around people, well, i'd like to be around people, and until I don't, then I'm like, oh, no, you're talking so fucking much.
Speaker 1: Why did I allow this? That?
Speaker 3: Like It's made me more conscious, Like when I'm alone, I'm like this company, I like, I don't have to worry about anyone's saying talking too much. No one's talking at all, not even me. And if I want to talk to someone, I can call them and then I can I hang up, you know, and like I'm more conscious of it, Like as I work more, as my kid is getting older, I'm like, my time is really valuable, and like I don't want to hear anyone talk about a bunch of nothingness, Like you know, like if you're on the same level and like the conversation feels really good, but if you don't feel like moved by it, then it's you're forcing it and you're just wasting time that you could be thinking to yourself.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean it's hard though to break old habits and like I means, and like you should be around people, you know. But I guess it's the company that you choose. And self love is a really long journey. I think it's a lifelong journey. I don't ever just perfect it like at all. Maybe you do. I mean, maybe the capricorns of the world.
Speaker 1: Have perfected like they've perfected everything else.
Speaker 2: Everything. There's more Buddhist capricorn Buddhist capricorns.
Speaker 3: It's like I must win, must succeed, very organized, you know how vibrators are generally for like solo play. I just found the new we Vibe Chorus remote controlled couples vibrator and girl, it is the ship.
Speaker 2: What this sounds like something I need to try, you know. I got a new little Bang Bang so we need to increase our love making. And I love vibrators, but I've never really played with my partner like him actually enjoying it. You put it inside.
Speaker 3: That's the best part about it. It's not just for your pleasure. It goes inside of you, but also stimulate. It's his penis, wild's inside of you, so you both get even more pleasure. And not only that, it's intuitive, so as you keep squeezing, it scrums against the penis and g spot during the encounter. It's just like as you squeeze, the higher the vibration goes. It's like it knows what's happening in your own sex and makes it better.
Speaker 2: Girl, girl, Is it waterproof?
Speaker 1: Yes, bitch, you can put it in the shower.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, guess what you guys. Love Honey is giving our listeners twenty percent off when you use GMBC twenty at checkout. Make sure you guys, go to Lovehney dot com and use GMBC twenty at checkout for twenty percent off. The we vibe.
Speaker 3: Chorus Happy vibrations. So you don't know what to do for Valentine's Day, No problem, Like a kitten has your back.
Speaker 2: I love like a kitten there Valentine's Day. Couple Bocks is a one stop shop for all you sexy Valentine's Days essentials. It has edible chocolates, anal plugs, a heart shaped vibrator.
Speaker 3: It's like a little surprise box of romance. Kink and fun like a surprise Jack in the box.
Speaker 2: I also like like a kittens because its mission is to help women own their power in all areas of life, and a portion of all sales goes to charities that focus on women's empowerment, education and health. And right now, like a Kiden is offering our listeners twenty percent off and free shipping. When you go to like a kitten dot com slash GNBC or enter GNBC at checkout.
Speaker 3: That's like a kitten dot com slash GNBC or use GMBC at checkout, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that it's an ever changing journey because the circumstances of your life are always changing, and it's like you know, finding refining that balance. And then also like teaching our kids self love. I mean, how we show our children, like early on how to love themselves and choose themselves first. And you know, especially as parents and for parents that like don't haven't never prioritize themselves and have never shown themselves self love and self care until later on in life when their children are already older, Like, how do you implement that and show them that? After that? I think about sometimes the things that like I might miss as a parent, I'm like, what am I going to miss? How do I undo it? Can I undo it? Is there way to undo it? Is there a course for that?
Speaker 3: You're gonna inflict some trauma somewhere, it's just inevitable. You just hope that it's on the lighter side. But like, I don't know if kids can come out without trauma, And I don't think it's possible, Like what are they gonna work on when they get older? Like all childhood comes with some form of trauma.
Speaker 1: It's the human experience. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's true.
Speaker 2: I think you might be right.
Speaker 1: Fuck, parents got divorced.
Speaker 3: Someone made fun of me at school, like there's always bound to be the shit of life.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well.
Speaker 1: You stunned over there.
Speaker 2: But I was not thinking. I was just really thinking. I was like, how have I shown Iri, like how to choose herself or like self care and self love? I mean, I guess I show her through my own actions and trying to think, like what are some ways that we can teach her kids?
Speaker 3: Like I mean, I think we've done a pretty good job, Like we celebrate them. We get the massages for their kindergarten graduation. We take them on trips, like we go on trips alone, Like I think I do notice it.
Speaker 1: Lina thinks.
Speaker 3: I Like, She'll make comments like I need you need to work. I need to work, Like I know that she knows that's priority, like she needs to She's like, because you're working, you know, like she in her like in her talking to me, I can tell that I've prioritized it so so like she understands that. But like that it comes up a lot, like you're working, or you have to work, you had.
Speaker 2: To work, but.
Speaker 3: Today by the microwave, she told me, she's like, when I get older and you can come over to my house when I'm rich.
Speaker 1: I was like, yep. She's like, if I'm going to be rich, she can come to my house. I was like, yeah, you're going to be rich. She's like, I'm going to be She's like that. I'm like, I guess we care about tangible things. We've talked about it rich, let's get rich. I don't know. I think we've done it.
Speaker 3: I think there's always ways to do more, obviously and all, like you said, we're always finding balance, you know, but I'd try to let Luna like have her her space and what she needs, Like that's okay too, if you need to.
Speaker 1: Take time, if you want to, okay.
Speaker 3: I also think a part of like self love is being able to celebrate yourself, you know, Like I think I'm just trying to take this moment to celebrate us and to really like sit back on these last this journey of these two hundred episodes, almost four years of podcasting, where we went into like bright eyed and bushy tailed, and we didn't really have a goal.
Speaker 1: We're just like, let's just do it and like be good at it. We did. That was it.
Speaker 3: And then as it has, as it's evolved, it's evolved into so many fucking things, you know, like so many things. I was just having like a flashback of like all of our friends that we've gotten from here, and I was just like el Toedo scrambling into Nearland's wedding a little bit late.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, would be.
Speaker 3: Yes, like just like Smaiya, you know, like Trapioga Bay like so harder soft, horrible Mandy, like we have such a cool pop in like structure and network of like of homies and friends because of this, and I'm just like it's such a whirlwind, and like we have merch and we have meetups, and we have fucking a cannabis line and we're publishing a book at the end of the year and we're hosting retreats and like it's just dope. It's really a cool thing to see grow and like really just have ideas like, oh, would be so cool we could write a book for all the moms.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and then like, oh my god, we're writing a book for all the moms. We like, how the fuck did this happen?
Speaker 3: It'd be so cool if like moms had special weed, like weed.
Speaker 1: Just for moms.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we are making weed for the moms, you know, like all these things we just talked about. Oh, it would be so cool if we could have like joe Beedden. Then I put podcast or like, oh what if this person on our podcast. I'm like, oh my god on the podcast, Eric Abadu Icamadu on the podcast. But just seeing like how hard work and dedication and love can really like fuel the funk out of some shit. And like literally like this podcast, this friendship, this partnership has really been green light for me to be like, bitch, you can do whatever you want to do?
Speaker 1: What do you want? What do you want? What do you want? We could?
Speaker 2: You could have it?
Speaker 1: Do you want that? You can have it? Literally?
Speaker 2: I feel I remember feeling so opposite of that, like God, and being so hard on myself, the lack of self love that I had for myself, even going back and because we're writing this book, reading my journals, and how hard I was on myself and not knowing my purpose and why haven't I Why haven't I mastered my craft? Why am I not? Like, you know, why am I not booking every fucking audition that I go on? Why am I?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Why is she?
Speaker 2: You know I'm saying? And like to be here now? And I had that thought the other day where I was like, I literally can do anything, Like it's just a matter of like first of all time, and like what do I want to do? That's exactly the thought I had. I was like, what is it that I want to do? And I was like, honestly, like this partnership and this relationship and this friendship gave me so much confidence in that I needed you.
Speaker 1: I needed you absolutely. I was not feeling hopeful I was feeling.
Speaker 2: I wasn't I couldn't have I don't want say I couldn't have done it by.
Speaker 1: Myself, but I couldn't have done it by myself.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wouldn't be here by myself. But like I really I did. I needed I still need your reassurance. Sometimes all the time, I'd be like, girl, let's just do this. She'd be like, no. I'm like, okay, fine, we're not you're not and then and vice versa, like we keep us, we keep chugging each other along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not today, bitch, not today. Come on, do you have any times I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't want to record. I don't, I don't have any mean, She's like, we're recording, bitch.
Speaker 1: I'm like okay, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's almost as like, as soon as one person's somewhere else, it's at the right person at the right time, the other person is not at.
Speaker 1: The same place because somebody else.
Speaker 3: Needs to keep going, you know, like it's not always easy, but oh my god, it's fucking worth it. And and we're only in the beginning, you know, like this is only the beginning, bitch, I know, And there's so much more to to happen and.
Speaker 1: To be had.
Speaker 3: But like it's this like intentional, consistent journey in this like passion for this thing that no one really understood but us is like, yeah, it's beautiful and I'm proud. And it's just like podcasting is a gamble. It's like one of the motherfucking NBA.
Speaker 1: It ain't really guaranteed.
Speaker 3: It's like being a rapper, Like it's not guaranteed, my nigger, you're gonna be You're gonna be on Spotify now now. Yeah, Like it's it's run of the mill and it's a male, white dominated industry and and here we are, you know, top one percent ho Like we in here, we ain't going nowhere, and you know.
Speaker 1: Come fuck with us. That's how I feel.
Speaker 3: I feel like we, like I always say this, we put out like a sound alarm for all of our people, like all the cool moms, all the weld, all the people come come to us.
Speaker 1: We're here, and everyone came.
Speaker 3: Everyone who needed to understand us and who understood us found you know, came to our support and like has really leveraged this our existence in this space. And just for the record, I'm gonna just go ahead and say it.
Speaker 1: There's no one really in our lane because we made it. It's ours. You can't fuck with us because we in here. Oh my god, it's true.
Speaker 3: Like someone says something to me about like, oh something, your competition, I'm like, it's not my competition.
Speaker 1: What's that my competition? Girl?
Speaker 2: There is no competition. Why do they always want to do that?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: So I don't mean like there's no topic competition, like there's no one better. I just mean like there's enough room for everybody, and no one is good moms, No one is Eric, and no one is Jamila, no one is that girl either. Like we are all on our own laying laying our own path, and don't ever think like, oh they already have this, this person has that, cause like that could have shut us down so many times. You know, I'm like there was a time where we started with like episode three. I'm like, looking at other podcasts episode hundred and fifty six, I was like, oh my god, do we have this in't us?
Speaker 1: Is this possible? How the fuck? And just like that.
Speaker 3: Episode two hundred, Amen, a man, commit to yourself, love yourself, and miracles will happen.
Speaker 1: I really believe.
Speaker 2: That yeah, I mean it's a it's a grind though. You have to really it's not easy self love. The journey in building anything worth it is not easy. You have to sacrifice.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 2: Show up every day even when you're not like thankfully, you know, maybe find if you need a partner, you need a partner like thank God, my partner would be like, no, we're doing it, and vice versa, like had it just been me, I don't would there would be no good moms honestly, And you just have to show up for yourself in the journey of becoming the best and higher version of you, whether that is a mother, the best motherfucking mom of all time, whether that's the best podcaster of all time, whether that's the best friend, the best daughter, whatever, Like it takes effort and the proof is.
Speaker 1: In the pin mm hmm. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: So congratulations to us, Congratulations to you.
Speaker 3: Hopefully next month we'll be having a four year anniversary. I know, Oh my god, Jesus four year anniversary will be coming up next month, so look out for that. We're definitely gonna celebrate with our community for sure. Do you need to do like East Coast, West Coast, like we do both. I know who I think I am Parker, I have to do both coasts.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know, Damn.
Speaker 2: I would say, let's just do Zoom like relax. I'm just kidding. I want to be the I want to be in the mix with the peoples. But that's just the world we live in now.
Speaker 3: It may also be available on Zoom.
Speaker 2: Anything's available, anything's possible in the metaverse, you guys.
Speaker 3: I'm just so happy whatever we've been doing, and the started in the dining room that our kids thought it was so important that literally everywhere they go they tell.
Speaker 1: People we're famous.
Speaker 2: Honestly, shout out to our kids. They were really not the real writers of the podcast, really writing for us and being patient with us, because it is not easy doing anything with kids, let alone recording something where they you need people to be.
Speaker 1: Quiet, sound sensitive.
Speaker 2: I mean, we recorded a whole episode with Wheezy in the hotel room in New York with our kids in the room.
Speaker 3: They would put them in the closet and we put headphones on them and we said chill out, and then we proceeded to talk about me all types of stuff, receiving money for sex, and she was like, is this okay to talk about I'm like, they can't hear us, It's fine, keep talking.
Speaker 2: They couldn't, they really couldn't.
Speaker 3: And thank you for our audience for writing like the first two years because I'm pretty sure our kids were like three when we started.
Speaker 1: There was lots of interruptions.
Speaker 3: There was lots of there's children in the background, many times ships being eaten. We did not begin as professionals, you know, like you don't read.
Speaker 2: Them elevator music. We haven't hit the elevator music in a minute.
Speaker 3: We hit the elevated music. Because there was times where the kids needed tending to. We needed to eat a lot of times we gotta make dinner a beer back.
Speaker 1: We had them up late.
Speaker 2: We would record until like one in the morning sometimes because we had work and that was the only time we could.
Speaker 1: Record kids sleep, kids up.
Speaker 3: I mean that's when they didn't have school either. I mean we were like in the trenches, really getting shit done with small children a lot of times no help. They were babysitting each other. And you made that shit rock.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. We must have really loved We must really love this shit, bitch. We must really loved this shit, Like clearly was really lovely. I was just we like think I'm reflecting back on it, and it was like, yeah, I just did it. I just did it, and know it's like I knew this is what I want. I was just like, I don't even I wasn't even about I couldn't see into the future at all. It was just like, yeah, this is what I'm doing. We're gonna do it. We have to get it done. That was it. It feels good, I have to do this.
Speaker 3: How long had you sat on that idea before you asked me?
Speaker 2: Maybe like a week. It wasn't very long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think she asked me after, like after I think it was after Luna's third birthday and like a couple like maybe you text me the next day or something, and I was like, or maybe you asked me at the party.
Speaker 2: I asked you at the party, and I was like, okay, I remember, because I was like it was kind of like all in one conversation. I was telling you about my couple. You were like doing Hostess with the mostes in your bathing suit with their like filowy thing. I don't know what was it, Princess, it was it was a princess theme. So I was you were like a princess stripper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, this is amazing. This is my new friend, this bitch with my new friend. Yeah, And I was telling you about them, and then I asked you, but I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: What it meant. I almost forgot that you asked me.
Speaker 3: I think the next day I was like thinking, I'm like, huh, she did ask me to do this thing with it, and you were like podcasts and I was like like radio.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, sure, if you're going to tell that story, we can do it. See only that's the circumstance.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think we recorded when I think we did like a a mini episode in my car.
Speaker 1: We did because we never really thought this through at all.
Speaker 3: So this is what we should put it on Patrion Okay, well she hasn't in her phone.
Speaker 1: I think you asked me.
Speaker 3: I said yeah, and then I think you text me or you called me like I think now we need a photo shoot and I was like okay, so we like we should go to the and then I think we talked like we talked about what the theme could be, and I was really on some old I was like we should be old timey, and I think we sat on the idea for like a week because we needed to come up with the name. It was like the name that was holding us back.
Speaker 1: It was like a week of names.
Speaker 3: We had one photo shoot. I think by that time we had bad Good Mom's Bad Choices. We knew there's any polarity in it, and that was very important.
Speaker 2: Well actually was parental advisory, Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 3: It was parental advisory, good Mom's Bad Choices. And we went to one. We did one photo shoot and then oh, in the car coming back from the vintage store, I was like, should we just like, do you a test run?
Speaker 2: And you're like okay, And that's when.
Speaker 3: It was yeah, and You're like I'm Erica and I was like I'm Mela, Like should be calling you Mila Jamila?
Speaker 1: I was like whatever, Okay.
Speaker 3: It wasn't very good, but that was the only time we ever tested the idea out.
Speaker 1: It was pretty dry.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm going to go back and listen to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after this, even.
Speaker 2: Our first episode real, our first real episode.
Speaker 3: Our first real episode wasn't initially going to be in a real episode. I think we just decided to put it out because it was seemed good enough and we didn't think anyone was going to listen. I need to listen to that too. You guys should actually go back and listen to it. It's called sex Kids, Sex Kids and apps, Sex kids and Apps, and yeah, it's very Uh.
Speaker 2: I was just talking about complaining about Tinder or no. I was saying how much I loved Tender because I loved Tender for so long. Tender was like, I mean, I still fuck with Tender. Actually I'm not on it anymore, but it was it was a catalyst of so many experiences that really uh affirmed me and like showed me like so much shit too. I was like, damn, like I never would have I never would have met that couple, you know, I never would have had that experience, and that that particular experience shaped and validated so much of how I already felt, you know. So yeah, oh that's so cool.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I can't believe four years What the fuck that shit goes by quickly?
Speaker 1: Too? Kids are big as hell? Yeah, do you have anything to add?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thank you for all of you who have been listening, who are new to this journey, who have started from the beginning, who have come late and started from the beginning anyway, who get us, who don't judge us, who continue to keep this a safe space and support us, like we are genuinely, deeply, deeply grateful and we feel you you know wherever you're at, like what you know? We know our people and we're like always excited to connect with you guys and see our tribe grow. I'm and level up and level up together, grow and level up together. That's the purpose. That's the point. To use our magic wherever we're at, to be our truest self and be our best selves. Amen, because our cheuest selves are our best selves.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: All Right, I love well, you guys know where to find us good Mom's bad choices.
Speaker 1: Wait, did we do the taro? Oh? No?
Speaker 2: Should we do it here? The tarot is Okay, we're doing the end of the episode taro. It's tarot time.
Speaker 1: It's tarot time. I thought you're gonna do taro today, I am doing. Okay. Today's card is.
Speaker 2: The King of One's the King of ones. So the King of Ones is it's a great card. Actually, the King of Wands represents pure fire energy in its masculine form. Unlike the other Ones cards, the King is not so interested in creation and creativity, or in dreaming up ideas and implementing themselves instead and implementing them himself. Instead, he is more inclined to take the idea and then enlist others to help him actualize it. M let's see. Oh wait, hold on, maybe I'm not good at this or did I skip something?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Upright? Natural born leader, vision, entrepreneur, honor Others naturally gravitate towards the King of Ones because you are charismatic, focused and determined, and they believe in you and your vision. They want to be part of what you are manifesting and are here to support you one hundred percent of the way. You are so masterful at getting other people to do your work for you while keeping them on side throughout the process. The King of One reminds you to lead your life with intent, vision and a long term view. You have a grand idea of what is truly possible, and you will stop at nothing to see it through. You achieve a lot because you are clear about future direction and how you will get there, and do not waste your time on activities or relationships you believe will lead nowhere. You never just go with the flow. Instead, you prefer to embark on a direct, robust course of action, and you are inspired by long term, sustainable success wanting to have a lasting impact. You are here to leave a legacy.
Speaker 1: Well, dear, that says a lot boom.
Speaker 3: We're here to leave a legacy for two hundreds episode legacy.
Speaker 1: It's always going to live on the internet no matter what I say.
Speaker 2: This is our most structured and organized year ever. So also we're leading with intent. I think we do go with the flow. I do.
Speaker 3: We are flowy bitches, but we're direct on what the flow and we want need to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're Yeah, we've chosen which direction we're going for sure. Well, anyway, you guys, I hope you guys enjoyed this episode. Make sure you rate and review us on Apple at LEAs on Spotify. Please and also if you are not following us on Twitter, go follow us on Twitter or Good Mom Underscore a Bad Girl and check out our Blackest three month merch. It's not like you, it's black as a book because I'm my mom's book and I'm find us book.
Speaker 1: Is i Ella solo baa Recorder Lala.
Speaker 2: The Last Days
Speaker 1: Ran Sla