Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: So you're a real estate developer and you've done a lot of stuff in New York, right, that would lend me to believe that you may know another real estate developer that has done a lot of stuff in New York named Donald Trump. I'm assuming you know him, right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay? What is he racist? What's your take?
Speaker 3: Like, what's your personal what is your personal opinion on Donald Trump? Because the things that we see are disturbing a lot of times, right, But I'm always interested to know what people that actually know somebody, what their thought process on that person is I don't.
Speaker 4: Think that Donald Trump is any more racist than Joe Biden. And fact, I think his policies have been less oppressive to our people than Biden's. For example, in nineteen ninety four Crime Bill, I just can't get over that. I think, you know, Senator than Senator Biden advocated for that, and then before that the nineteen eighty six mandatory sentencing that led to the mass incarceration of primarily black men.
Speaker 1: So I don't think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've got a very cordial and friendly relationship with Lald Trump.
Speaker 1: He's done nothing but treat me with respect.
Speaker 4: He has never said anything contrary or negative about you know, black Americans.
Speaker 1: To me, the only thing he.
Speaker 4: Is ever when the topic of black Americans comes up, it's a question from him, how can he be more supportive of black entrepreneurs and what can he do to get black voters to take a closer look at him and his candidacy. And I've told him, I think it's got to be running through economic opportunity. So no, I don't think that, you know, he's a racist. I do think that how people approach race in America has evolved over time. I mean when I was in high school. Just to give you a perspective, I went to my last few years of high schools. I was a page for the House of Representatives. I went to school from six in the morning of ten thirty and the top four of the Library of Congress and went across the street to the US Capital work And I did that for two Yearshigh school. My last few years, we used to have visiting senators and congressmen. Every week they'd come and speak to the school. So one time it was Robert Burr. He was a majority leader of the United States Senate, a Democrat, and so we all would do research on who's coming that week, and so we could ask him in tell a new questions. Well, Robert Burr, but was a former ku Kux Klan member. He was a member of the ku Klux clan in West Virginia, and he had become the majority leader of the United States Senate. And his response to that was, back then that was what people did you know in West Virginia. They joined the Kukluff plan. I found that to be I mean, I don't think anybody disputes it. That's a very racist organization. But he became the leader of the US Senate and did that through the nineteen eighties, so people, if the party lets him revolve, I just don't understand what this hang up is with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: We should be looking at.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump as a president who's pro business. What will he do to provide economic opportunities for African Americans. His view of America and his view of US is dated. He's almost eighty years old, so his perspective is a little different and or a lot different, say than others. But I don't think that he's an outright racist. I think that he is, you know, somebody that if he wins, his president that we're going to need to do business with. And we ought to be getting him to talk about his policies before a vote, so you can have him on We can have him on record as a candidate saying what he will do had he should he win. And I think he has a good chance of winning and being president again. And I think that, you know, it's important for us that we get to be able to have our agenda moved forward and not put it on hold just because as a Republican president, I mean before nineteen sixty, before John Kennedy, Black voters were Republican. Martin Luther King Sr. Was a Republican and the first Democrat he ever endorsed with John Kennedy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do have to.
Speaker 5: Have a little bit of pushback. So he does not want to say sorry for what happened with the Central Park five. His father historically was discriminatory and who he will let rent police community for black and brown lives that are taken by police. Now I agree him and Joe are probably on par but is it fair to say that he's not a racist at all when he's clearly I mean, he started the whole He took the tea party to the next level with MAGA, which I think is inflammatory, say the least. So are you said that, Do you think that equally racist or Trump isn't racist at all?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, first of all, I mean, look, the last thing I want to do is be, you know, Donald Trump's advocate. But let me I want to say a couple of things. One the Central Park five, Donald Trump had no impact on the outcome of that case. Those young men were try arrested for a Heina's crime, tried and convicted in an unfair criminal justice system. But up until that point, the perception was that that was a fair system and they were convicted, and then Trump advocated for the death penalty for a Heina's crime that people were convicted of.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't believe in the I don't believe.
Speaker 4: In the death penalty because for the very fact that had those young men been executed, that they could not have been released and a mistake made and it cost him their lives. So I think he was wrong to advocate for the death penalty. But Joe Biden, with a nineteen ninety four crime build in the nineteen eighty six manatory sentence in Guideline, is responsible for five hundred thousand plus young black men incarcerated and their lives ruined. So I think that that and he actually was a champion of the laws that created that mass incarcegration. So I think that is a very different thing rhetoric versus actual action with regards to you know, what people's fathers do. That I mean, so we could eliminate most white Americans in this country if we help them accountable for what their parents have done. By the way, Joe Biden is yet to apologize for the nineteen ninety four crime build he got percent that he should have and and he didn't. And uh, and so I think that you know so, and look, I think that yeah. I mean, I think some of his police policies are are wrong and they are oppressive to our young people. But a part of why our young people are even involved in the criminal justice system is this lack of opportunity. This country has deserted us when it comes to economic opportunity, and we've got to do whatever is necessary to bring economic opportunity and educational opportunity to our young people. What you all are doing in terms of financial literacy to our people is one of the greatest services that you can do for Black Americans, educating our people about economic policy. This is a democracy, but it's a capitalistic democracy, and our democracy rest on the pillars of capitalism. So if we're outside of capitalism, we really aren't even participants in our democracy.
Speaker 1: So I think that's got to be our issue.
Speaker 4: And so I mean, do we want to alienate and not want to do business with Trump if he wins, If he loses, you move on, and we do business with Harris. And we've got to hold her accountable. But if she thinks she's got us all to herself. She's focusing on the other persuadables, if you will. We need her to focus on an economic agenda for our people. And she has some issues with regards to incarcerating black men, a smaller number, by the way, it's been way overstated, but in terms of like putting young black men in jail for you know, you know, marijuana possession, non violent you know issues here people that the Republicans have been saying it's tens of thousands. It's less than two thousand, but I mean, and then of those who went to jail, it's about twenty percent.
Speaker 1: So all wrong, but not in the magnitude.
Speaker 4: But I think we need everybody to compete for our vote, just like everybody else does.
Speaker 1: I agree. You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't be emotional. I agree with you. You can't be emotional in business and in politics. And like you said, I mean, if racism was a was a disqualifying factor, and we wouldn't even we would never even have a president other than Barack Obama for the most part. Right, So right, yeah, you got to take emotion out of it, and you have to deal with people and have to hold every single person accountable and You can't get caught up in emotions just because you like one person or you dislike another person. That's vitally important.
Speaker 1: I think an.
Speaker 6: Illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,