Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, It's Lalakent. Welcome to Untraditionally Lala. Hello, my loves, It's Lalakent.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the bonus episode of Untraditionally Lala. I'm still here with my sister wife, Amber Childers. Hello, gorgeous, Hey Darling, loved our episode. Thank you so much for being my first guest. I have questions from fans. Are you nervous?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Little, a little? Oh no, they're really fun. They are fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, the bonus episode is always supposed to be fun, right, Like, no one really cries on the bonus all fine.
Speaker 1: Do you think you guys look alike? Oh? So many people Amber say like we I don't. I don't think we do.
Speaker 2: I think when we both had blonde hair, it was like, oh, blonde hair, light eyes, they could be twins.
Speaker 1: But can I tell you I think Ocean looks like you. Really, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Every time I see her, I'm like, she she is Amber, And if I hadn't given birth to her myself, I would be questioning the mother truly, and even so so kind of looks like you when you hold her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we look alive. You know what Ocean looks like London. Okay, well there we go. Like I see that as like they're spitting images when Lennon was Ocean's age. I love that so much.
Speaker 2: Riley's your twin, really, I think so. I break down features though I'm a weirdo. When someone's like, you guys look alike, I'm like, no, no, no, look at the eyebrows, then the eyes, then the nose.
Speaker 1: We look nothing alike. No, no, no, I don't think so either. Yeah, why did you two very pretty ladies want to be with or ex? What drew you to him? Do you remember? I mean, listen, I don't want to make it about that person, but all I will say is this, someone that can make me laugh will always have my heart one hundred percent. They'll just capture me. It doesn't like I And by the way, like my biggest thing is like the old Amber would see a red flag and I would like paint it green. I would like get on my paint pressure and be like, oh there's a red flag, let's paint a green and be like okay, let's move on, move on. And I can't do that anymore. So for me, laughter is like the biggest thing, right.
Speaker 2: A good time, A good time. I feel like that's the same for me. And we spoke about this on the regular episode, like when someone makes me laugh and kind of takes me exactly how I am, but also gives me that sense of safety.
Speaker 1: That for me, I can fall very hard.
Speaker 2: But again, where we're at in life now, I don't know that what happened back then would happen now because I don't really look to anybody else to kind of give me my roots.
Speaker 1: I laid my own roots, right, Yeah, you're an adult. No, right, your brain has expanded. I have a frontal lobe. Now, Oh my gosh, do you have a a type when it comes to like physical No, you know, I was just talking to someone about this. I think it was my neighbor. I don't. I don't have a type because I go through stage Like I went through a stage where I liked even in like middle school and high school, like I love people that were a little more chunky, okay, and like that wasn't my like. But now I'm like, Okay, you could be chunky, but you have to still be like fit, right, And I think there's like totally were you like a dad bod or you into a dad. I like a dad bod too much. I don't No, I don't like that. I don't like that at all. I want someone that's just normal and they have like extra fat on them, like even better, like I want to bear you know what.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way though, because and even when it comes to my dogs, I always choot, like my dog Pablo, he's a pitbull. And I always am drawn to things that are just a little I have a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Cushion for the pushing. Yeah, yeah, yeah always Yeah. Have you ever you've never hooked up with a chick? Right? No, that's so funny. You asked me that because I was thinking about that last night. All right, I can finger bang you later. I'm just kidding now, because I was thinking conversation tell your boyfriend. I was thinking about the conversation. We're talking about Hunting Wives, and you look fucking hot last night. I was like, holy shit, and I was like amber like when I saw you in appreciation, but when I saw you, I was like, you looked like smoking hot, like probably the hottest I've ever seen you look. And I was like, and then I went to Hunting Wives because I've been watching that and I'm like, oh my god, are you like having a lesbian moment with your sister wife?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had lesbian moments only when I've been drinking, and but.
Speaker 1: No, I've never heard that. I actually have never hooked up with another woman, like not even kissed one. No, wow, Amber, No, okay, I'm not going to try to push anything on you.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like sister wives in a weird way? I say that we're sister wives? And what is this sister wife?
Speaker 1: Really? They share a man, so yeah, sure, yeah. Haven't you ever seen the show Sister Wives with the Mormon guy?
Speaker 2: And I watched it back in the day because they lived in Utah and then they had to like pick up and move somewhere else because I think Utah kicked them out or something something like that. But yeah, I think we quite literally could have been sister wives, like had we been down for the cause, I'm open. I would be down to be your sister wife. If you do the heavy lifting we like what like physical No, but like the blow jobs and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I hate that hurts my jaws. You pay for my team Jake chiropractor appointment. We'll just give you a little botox, you won't even know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you two think you have the same taste in men besides the ex No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: We do either. So it was just like a the same taste. Like there's like the physical part that we talked about, and then there's like the you know who they are as like who they are as a person right, their personality traits.
Speaker 2: But I think physically, like I've seen most of the men that you've like dated, it's very much so different, Whereas I feel like my taste is more in one direction.
Speaker 1: So you're like this right, and I'm like totally like this, yes.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how certain things because even when I was when I was a drinker drinker, I would wake up next to dudes in my bed and be like how did this happen?
Speaker 1: But they were still in my in my type of man.
Speaker 2: But it was like they just looked a little better after like twelve Adkisotas, I think everyone looks better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same. I'm like, you don't like me now, but if twelve Vodkas Sota, I don't know about that bab one celebri already you'd totally fan girl over. Ooh, this one's gonna be good for you because you've been in a lot of stuff with like major stars. Julia Roberts.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, i'd fan girl too, Anne Hathaway, Okay, I love all of.
Speaker 1: These Amy Adams. I mean they're all so different, right, They're all I like fan like I geek out on you would geek out? Do you think if you were to be on a show or like cast.
Speaker 2: In a movie with one of them, you would be able to like do your job or would you be so fucking nervous?
Speaker 1: I know you'd be able to do your job, but you know what I mean. Yeah, I worked with Amy on The Master, the Popham and Sanderson film that I did, So she was my stepmom in that movie and that was really great. And she's just so's She's just an amazing human actor, like all around fantastic. Would I geek out? No, It's funny. I probably wouldn't. Okay, I'm so and I'm like fangirling not. You know what, I'll say, this fangirl moment for me would probably be Halsey or Jesse Jesse Murph. So I think it's someone that's not in my business, like I'm obsessed with Jesse Murph. I'm obsessed with Halsey, Like, those are my those are my girls.
Speaker 2: So I saw Jesse Murph perform at Stagecoach, I like this little event and then they shut down the Crocs area. They're like, hey, you're gonna go there and shop with Jesse Murph. I was like, shop for Crocs with Jesse Murph.
Speaker 1: Wow, never thought i'd see the day. No, she's her voices, insane, insane. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed to She's so freaking cool. My fangirl moment would be what this actually did happen. Larry David was at Craigs and he was at the booth next to me and I do not fangirl over anybody, and I my legs went numb.
Speaker 1: This is so random, you guys, Larry fucking David.
Speaker 2: And everyone's like, so, I'm like Seinfeld career enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah, I'm like, what the fuck does? He just does it for you? He does it for he is brilliant. He's brilliant.
Speaker 2: I find him to be like I look at him and go your career and the amount of funny shit that you create is.
Speaker 1: Just it and it's laughter. See goes back to laughter last year is everything.
Speaker 2: Larry David would be the only man who would not be in He would.
Speaker 1: I would expand for Larry David, Larry, you have a chance. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also is it Jason Alexander who plays George Costanza on Seinfeld? He played poker with someone I know and they were like, do you want to come and meet him? And I was like no, And here's why, because I'm a massive fan Seinfeld obviously, and if he isn't exactly the way George Costanza is, I'll never be able to watch the show again.
Speaker 1: So I had boarded mission. I was like, have a great time. He's like with Jason, I'm like with George, that's such a great story. What's your favorite scene you've ever.
Speaker 2: Filmed in you oh, or do you have a favorite Do you have a favorite scene that you've filmed in any of the films or movies that you've done where you look back and you're like that was like a I know, I fucking killed it. I had a wonderful time and that will forever be a core memory.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I mean I go always like straight back to the master. That was like one of the best summers of my life. I got a you know, Amy Adams, Joquin Phoenix, Philip Seymerhoffen played my My, How old were you? Jesse Pelms, Robbie Melick, Julian Bell Uh, that's like it was Amber Childers and then me. I love it. But every every scene was just like I like pinching myself, like I'm I would find myself in the moment watching them act and trying to learn from like the masters like these to me, every single person on that set, even like Paul in the way he's directing, in the cinematographer, everyone, it was just like, oh my god, what am I? I Like, what am I doing here? This is like crazy? So yeah, how old were you when you did that? Your Momber twenty twelve, London was like six months old. Wow, that's a lot of pressure. No, London was two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, yeah, that is a lot of pressure. Candace or Susan Adkins? Who was more fun to portray?
Speaker 1: Oh, I would say Candace. Why Susan was hard? Susan was hard. Susan you know, was one of the Manson girls who murdered Sharon Tate. That was a really heavy role for me to play that was a really hard thing for me to Like some scenes that we had a film that was really hard for me to to to show up and because it was real and it happened, and it was like there was always like this eerie I don't know if you believe in this stuff, but there was like all this like weird, eerie feeling, like almost like like energy like all these women that you know that have passed that were a part of that. I don't know, I just I think some of the some of the energy during some of the scenes were like we had to, you know, reenact the murder of Sharon. It was just like, dude, like there's some creepy shit on this. It's because she was there. Okay, I thank you. You said it so you would do you? You would do can?
Speaker 2: Yeah you yeah, Cans was amazing. You gotta slam in bod. You already know this. I've always looked at your abs and been like, how does it happened? What is your one tip to getting fit? Diet exercise. You're a pilates person, right.
Speaker 1: I'm a big plois although I haven't been doing plate since I moved to Montana, So what I'm all about is getting at least ten thousand steps in a day. That's where you would say to start. I would start there, just moving your body, even if you don't change your diet at all, because diet is the hardest thing to change. Well, you can't outwork a bad diet. Yeah, I know, it's like really freaking hard. So I would say like ten thousand steps and then tried to do intermittent fasting. That intermittent fasting also changed my life. Okay, I love this. I tell people if you want to start working out, you should get yourself a shake weight on Amazon. Oh shake weight? Do you know what that is?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But sounds amazing. You go like this, Oh, I swear to god it. I got them as jokes.
Speaker 2: They were on an infomercial back when I was in high school, and I was like, oh my god, I'm getting my family the male version and the.
Speaker 1: Woman's version as a joke. We all started using them. My dad would sit on the foot of his bed watching the ten o'clock news. So they have those massive plates at the gym, so yeah, yeah, it's like that that vibrate Oh yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah, it's like you step on it and it vibrates, and you supposed to do squats on it, and you're supposed to do like push ups, and you're like, it's supposed to be I've never done it. But so I'm gonna have to go get a shake.
Speaker 2: Shake shake weight, shake weight that you shake and it is phenomenal, and then just get yourself some bands. I just start there and you will get inspired.
Speaker 1: And a chocolate shake shake shake. By the way, bitch, if you do that one handed, you've got stamina. Fuck two things at once.
Speaker 2: No wonder you have somebody boyfriends. Would you ever date someone in Hollywood again? You kind of are right now, right? Yeah, I am. I've dated one act Noga. Would you date an actor again?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't want to say no, like if it was meant for me and like I feel like my higher power was like this person is here to like, you know, have a fun night with you or have a relationship who I don't know, I don't I'm open. Is that what sing? It's very awesome. I'm don't be proud of you, but I am dating someone in the business. And let me tell you something I really appreciate and see the value of. Because you have to understand. As an artist, we just think, move operate differently, and it takes a very special person to understand how an actor's brain works. And you can be the most normal actor, but you're still an actor.
Speaker 2: No anyone in When someone tells me I'm an entertainment, I'm like, oh, so you're insane like me.
Speaker 1: We're all insane. It's not normal. Yeah right, yeah, yeah, let me tell you we have the most Give me the fucking plumber. You want, rummer, I want the plumber. I want the mechanic. I want the person coming in and you're like, we're gonna rip off all of this and put stucco on your house. I'm like, that's fucking hot. That's hot. You're a real fucking man. Yes, yeah, yes, And by the way, AI will never take a plumber's job. I am obsessed. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Two plumbers came to my house in Palm Springs and I was like, you're just fucking horny, that's what it is. One of them.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn it. I was like, Mom, the plumber has a ring on. She's like so. I was like, I was gonna get his number. She was like, you're I'm fully insane gets that shake thing, the shake weight. Yeah, I get the shakewaight to distract you, shake weight while I vibrate. Love it. If someone played you in a movie, who would you cast? I love this question for you. Oh my gosh, I mean Julius Stiles. It looks wise, looks wise. I think she would be because I played her when she was younger. So I love Kristen Bell. Christon Bell is great. She would play a great you. Yeah, I don't know who I would pick. I don't know who could embody the weirdness of me. Maybe like a little Emma Roberts situation, because I think she can conquer, like the craziness, but also like a girl who just sobs all the time. I think she'd be good at that. That's actually yeah, I say that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Have you ever slid into someone's DM first?
Speaker 1: No? Wow, I stay the aggressor. I'm like, no one's safe. I come across your patient because I'm just not good at text. I would rather be like, I don't. I don't like, how do you slide into someone's dam? Did you say like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I sent him a chef's kiss emoji? And if they don't know what it means. Then I know that they gotta go, how do you fucking not know?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? It means? I like me, like you what I see? So? Hi? My god? I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's only been one guy who's been like, hey, la la, paha, what does this mean? And I was like, you're not even getting a respond because now I've got to explain what an emoji means.
Speaker 1: No, wait, did you just make this up on your owner? It's just like a trend. No, it's not a trend. It's me forgetting how to hit on someone. And then I just started working and I was like, oh, this emoji works. I'm getting a pretty great response sharing them off. I'm sending that to my boyfriend. That is amazing. Yeah, I thoroughly enjoy a good emoji. I'm thirty five, Why so do I? Yeah? I love it. It's because we're getting old. Sorry. Have you seen an episode of Vanner Pumperwolfs? Like half ish? And then I turned it off? That's rude. I know, I'm rude. How dare you do you remember? Which? Why did you turn it off? Because someone told me I needed to watch it? This was like way back in the day. Why would anyone tell you to do that because they didn't like me, like clearly, no, no, no, I know they didn't like me and they wanted you to think better. But I still think it's rude. I think they should have spared me the you know what, I was like hearing and like digesting. I was just like and then I was like, I can't. I like everything had already come out, and so there's like a quirk in my throat. I literally just you talking about it and going back. It's so funny because once I understood what a trigger was, which is a situation that happens that reminds you of a situation you've already been in. But the moment someone brings even that time back up, I immediately go back to that place, and it is like taking a bullet because I don't recognize that person at all.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I would have turned it off too. If you weren't an actress. What would you be doing?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love that question. That's a great question. Delivering babies or holding babies? I love babies. Oh that's what you would want to do? Yeah, I love I would like maybe do like we're gonna nick you for like really sick babies that like needed, you know, they take so much time and care and effort and like a lot of time. Tis like when your child is in the nick for a long extended period of time and they have to go to work. They have to go back to work, right, Like they need like volunteers to come in and hold the babies and feed them.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that about you. That's what you would want to be, really, Yeah, I just learned something new. I'd want to be a murder investigator and I would.
Speaker 1: Prosecute to the highest extent of the laws. So would that be an investigator or a prosecutor? I don't know both. I wear many hats in my If I could be a criminal attorney, I would thrive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite thing to do in Montana? Hike? I love hiking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. It's so peace run in canyon out there, it's a real hike.
Speaker 1: It's like a real hike. I actually boots, Like actually I got ray boots and I got some bear spray. After everyone was like, it's like a certain mountain range there's like a lot of grizzlies and I was going up to that particular range and hiking. So I went and got bare spray and I was like up six miles and I decided that I should probably like know how to use it. I went to take the clip off of it, and as I sprayed it out that way, I thought it was gonna shoot like pepper spray, right, la, we have pepper spray. Yeah. The wind came and it's like an aerosol. It goes like this, and it all came back. I thought I was going to die. I had no cell phone service. I tried to call my family because I literally couldn't. Like, I just my lungs burned, my eyes, my nostrils, the back of my throat, and I was like, you're a fucking idiot. And I literally just laid down until it passed because I was like, I might die. If I'm gonna die, I don't want to die like running for help. I want to die like peacefully. Does the bear spray kill a bear? It just gets some new noise. It's an irritant. And let me tell you something, if I was a bear and someone sprayed that shit in my face, I would be like, oh yeah, bring it on, bitch, let's go like I would be it would yes, Oh wow, it is awful. It is so awful, and I literally bear sprayed. Why was the point of you spraying? It was no bear inside because I wanted to see how it worked. God forbid you like a bear. And when the when there's like mom, there's cubs involved, babies, that's when they get really aggressive. So I was like, okay, you should know how to handle like I just like would practice. I can picture you hiking, practicing and then shooting basically, so so yeah, that happened, but now I know how to use it. I love it and I love hiking. It didn't take away my love for hiking. Being in nature. There's something if you hike, you understand if you don't go get yourself some hiking boots. Go in the wilderness. It's so peaceful. You can hear your thought like, yeah, it's a piece that I can't I can't put into words. Do you think you'll stay in Montana? Like? Are you liking it enough?
Speaker 2: I know you're still brand new there and it's like you want to do just a year and see where you are, but like, are you loving it or are you still kind of trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I'm figuring it out. I want to go through winter. Winter's very harsh. It's not in La. I've been in La sixteen years, and so you know, there's winter is supposed to be. It's it's not a wet winter. It's a try winter. And so it's and there's sun so there could be you know, a ton of snow, but the sun is still shining. Which I need that because I'll go straight into like anxiety depression, like I need sunlight. But I just said I'm gonna give it a year. And after a year and I don't like it, and I turned to the kids and we decided to go somewhere else. Guess what, I know how to move back up, let's go.
Speaker 2: That gives me so much anxiety. See, I'm a planter. I'm like, we're here, we're not moving. I don't even really like traveling mm because it gives me so much anxiety to think about packing up my stuff and taking it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: We got to work on that because you're missing out on a lot, I know. And as the kids get older, you need to like give them that life experience. I think so too. No, I believe even if it's like Yellowstone or like Yosemite or you know whatever it is. Well, baby steps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you guys ever consider working together? We've thought we've talked so much about this and it's like always been I feel timing m h. But I feel like we have something in the works where the ball is finally rolling and I'm really excited about it, are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like trying to give it a little not too much. Yeah, No, I'm excited, and I think everybody else has been waiting for this to happen. Yeah, And it's like we have this and then we have something else that's like the cherry on top or right where you'll may or may not see more of us together.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of people seeing us because, like we about on the regular episode, like it's more common. I don't want to say it's very common, but it's more common to see, you know, couples who split and then they have new partners and then like those people get along. It's very uncommon to have what is our I mean, this dynamic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a lot that that hopefully we could inspire, help heal, like change, you know. I think that's really important, Like I feel that's that's part of my my calling.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very untraditional what we have going on. Oh, untraditionally La La, very untraditional what we have going on, And I love that we have found a way to make it just work for us. Yeah, it's easy, and our kids like, if it wasn't easy, we wouldn't do it. I agree with right. I think that's like a if it was like there's like a person if there was a personality clash, I like, why waste time? Right? Yeah, but when we got together, boo, I fail hard. But I sound like I'm from Montana. Now you know what, there's more less cowboys, more hipsters. Oh no, I thought it was just Nashville bringing it to Montana. Now I'm scar. You can't get out of it. Get out of it, you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Bonus the bonus episode, the first bonus episode of Untraditionally La La. I will catch you guys on Wednesday for a regular episode and again on Monday.
Speaker 1: Bye.