Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and get and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: Katie.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to explain to us what the hell this is we're hearing here. So apparently there's this internet trend going on, an internet trend. You say it's an internet trend.
Speaker 4: And apparently if you exhale all the way, get all the air completely out of your lungs, and then you try to scream, you make some form of a noise like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, the exhale and scream challenge. I'll do that with my kids today for fun. Take a video, let us know what it goes. I'll do it with one of my kids. My high school kid is no longer interested in anything whimsical. He is just gloom. Teenager. What the official uniform of teenager? Though?
Speaker 4: The whole reason I disgust, I wanted to see if Michelangelo could do it.
Speaker 2: Michael, do that for us on Mike. Exhale completely, then try to scream, Okay, here we go, here we go. Oh you took you in, healed you didn't. You didn't exhale enough either, it completely exhaed. Okay, no, you inhaled again. You can't in here, I'm took blew out. Then you took a breath.
Speaker 5: Okay, me blow I'm gonna just nothing but blow out completely.
Speaker 2: Don't take a breath in.
Speaker 6: You took it.
Speaker 2: You I never mind never I don't understand. I'm just going out.
Speaker 5: That's the why I excel.
Speaker 2: You do not take a breath. You are taking the fact that you're not following these instructions is I'm just blow out, right, Okay, Katie, we gotta go. No, We're not gonna go through this again.
Speaker 7: Michael, Michael, you blow out, you go and then you go and then you scream.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed.
Speaker 5: To leave out to last try Okay, so just blow and scream, but but don't write.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, all right, everywhere, So earlier, earlier, all right, Katie, for the podcast you need to do. I want to hear you try to do it. Okay, podcast.
Speaker 7: You know, the only thing I took away from that is how incredibly infectious laughter is listening to those numb skulls. Try to do the numbskullish challenge of the day. But they're all laughing, so you just can't help but you know, giggle. Anyway, I talked about this earlier today. I think it was our two. Maybe some economists have finally woken up to the fact that human beings are not like computerized decision makers. There are all sorts of things that enter into economics. In particular, as Nobel Prize winning economist George Akerloff and his collaborator Rachel Cranton said wrote years and years ago, identity may be the most important economic decision people make, and it has to do with how you see yourself, how you want to project an identity, what group of people do you consider yourself part of? And you make all sorts of economic decisions based on not rational analysis, but identity.
Speaker 2: If I had known this was part of economics when I was in college, I could have easily made it my life. I only took microeconomics, which I hated. I mean, it's obviously got its value supply to my O, etcetera. But if I'd have known all this other stuff that I find so fascinating about economics was part of it, I would have man, I would have eaten that up yeah, what.
Speaker 7: Would you call it psychoeconomics, socioeconomics or something like that. But they gave the example of an academic economist, not coincidentally, that's who we're talking about. That would be a social category, and that's the way they would see themselves or part of that group whatever. So they probably own a practical car and wear comfortable shoes, and if they showed up in a portion nine to eleven or a pair of five hundred dollars loafers, they would all not only feel like they were putting on airs, but they'd probably be mocked and scorned by colleagues. In traditional economics, it's hard to rationalize why anyone would care so much about what shoes I walk in wearing right, or what car I drive, But that that really affects decisions they go into.
Speaker 2: Like individual when you go to buy a pair of shoes or a car, practically anything, certainly anything, anybody's going to observe. The options are not wide open for most people. They're limited to your identity. It has to shit into that world of your identity, which is interesting. We don't see ourselves that way. I think most people like to see themselves as no I could wear any kind of footwear. It's completely up to me. I'm my own person. But no, it fits into a view you heavy of yourself, where you want other people to have of you, or you think you have whatever.
Speaker 7: And then they talk about individual gains from both material outcomes and actions that conform to their identities blah blah blah, and labor markets workers or motived by wages, of course, but also by how well their job aligns with their identities. They give the example of a corporate job might offer financial stability, but if it conflicts with an individual's identity is an environmentalist, for instance, that's going to lead to satisfaction and underperformance in this vein, trying to train coal miners to be nurses may be feudal.
Speaker 2: And Jack, I love the idea you gave when we were talking about this. If you remember, I don't you said, trying to train farmers because the family farmers disappearing to be coders, have them sit in a cubicle ten hours a day to code, they would hang themselves. Yeah, and you hear politicians throw that around all the time, like you can just retrain people that have been a certain sort of person to be a completely different sort of person. And as the point of what you're saying is, it's not just about the money.
Speaker 7: So there's other research by a couple of guys you've never heard of to provide a granular look into the mechanics of this phenomenon. DOTI is based on lab experiments that prime subjects to see different parts of their identities. Is especially salient demonstrate that people may out for lower paying jobs if it means greater congruence or you know, fitting in with their social group, or might choose consumer goods that signal affiliation to a particular identity despite higher costs and no higher quality. We see that all the time in fashion police. So they go into that at some length, and it's very very interesting. We'll post link at Armstrong and getty dot com under hot links. But then let's see that they go more deeply into that diverges from traditional notions of comparative advantage typically applied to countries or firms. I met with several well known psychologists, writs this journalist across the country. Many assume that heredity largely dictated the identities to.
Speaker 2: Which people gravitated.
Speaker 7: We investigated the academic paths chosen by students in racially and socioeconomically diverse schools. We found that students often align their academic efforts with what they perceive to be their comparative advantages. Interesting, and this is something that we and others have observed through the years, and people are extremely uncomfortable talking about. But we all ought to grow up and just say what's true and whether it makes us feel comfortable or not. If you want to actually solve problems, you better reckon with reality anyway. A student who sees his strength in social leadership rather than academic achievement might choose to invest more in social endeavors. This decision is based both on where he or she excels and where he perceives the greatest return for his efforts in both self fulfillment and importantly social recognition. Booty or booty Yeah? In other research, who is I? I haven't mentioned the name of the person writing this, Roland Fryar, who's an economist and a researcher.
Speaker 2: Anyway, or were we?
Speaker 7: In other research, I found that black and Hispanic students with high grade point averages tended to be less popular, which was not true for white students. This was in line with previous works suggesting that high achieving black students were sometimes mocked for quote acting white. By incorporating this kind of peer pressure, the framework we've been talking about also illuminates how gender norms can influence field of study choices. Women might avoid STEM fields not because a lack of ability or interest, but due to societal norms dictating what is considered appropriate for their sex. They found this single business school.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is really interesting. That may have changed since I was in school, or maybe it depends on the neighborhood you're living, like I live in a college town, so it would make sense that popularity and high school achievement might go together, but it didn't. At my school. The most popular people were absolutely not the people with the highest grade point averages, and would have been kind of unimaginable than it would be interesting, interesting, and here as white as they come. Yeah, and we're all white.
Speaker 7: One moment, I'm sorry, one more example, and then I want to make a point kind of disputing a little of this, but let's see this guy and his co authors have found that single female business school students quote reported lower desired salaries and willingness to travel and work long hours on a real stakes placement questionnaire when they expected their classmates to see their preference, a phenomenon known as acting wife as opposed to acting white. That is interesting, so, and I misunderstood when I read it the first time. So if you ask single female business school students, what's your desired salary? What's your willingness to travel and work long hours? They will answer differently if they expect their peers to see their answers.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm not sure I understand that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm one thing, and it's funny. Tim Sandifer and I. One of the few like significant diff disagreements we've ever had is when we are doing a book club thingy that some of you may remember, when we were talking about Sebastian Junger's book Tribe, and I really liked it and thought it was really interesting, thought provoking, and Tim didn't.
Speaker 2: Like it at all.
Speaker 7: He thought it was collectivist to claptrap, I am paraphrasing bluntly and skilllessly. I'm sure Tim expressed his opinion much more eloquently. But the thing, and I think I may have said it to Tim, is that what Tim has to remember and what we have to remember, is that Tim is like at the the outer one percent of iconoclastic individualists the way he sees the world, and you and I are way.
Speaker 2: Out on that scale too, I think.
Speaker 7: And there are some very love people, very nice people who are like way past the midway point, and they're like good twenty five percent toward They find it really rewarding to be part of what other people are doing and go along with the crowd and to conform. They get a feeling of belonging from that that I think most real individualists don't experience in the same way, right, And so you've got to remember, when you're thinking about society on a whole, not everybody sees the world like I do.
Speaker 2: Hmm, yeah, especially for talking economics like you said earlier, Oh yeah, you just do need to observe or take in what is, whether it makes sense to you or not. And one of the great revolutions of revelations not revolutions, well there was a revolution, it was a revelation revolution, is that the founding fathers designed the Constitution to be ironclad against any takeover by monarchs or dictators or even populists, not because most humans crave liberty, but because most humans don't that was the danger. And when I realized that, I thought, oh, oh yes, it works both ways. Though, that whole wanting to be part of the crowd, it depends on your crowd. And that gets to the we're talking about the whole keeping it real thing earlier. If your crowd is it's not cool to really achieve, it's not a good way to keep it real. If if your crowd is, you know, achieving is the thing to be cool of them. But keeping it reals fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's absolutely something to be said for looking at the crowd around you and assessing whether they are helping your life or hurting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the desire for acceptance. So, I mean, it's right there in Maslow's hierarchy of needs. It's a big one belonging Maslow. Ought to shut up. I don't care what you think. Shut up, Maslow, get down off your pyramid.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Coamo's on the View today, She's also on Stern and I think Jimmy Kimble all today. But we've got a clip off on the View we'll get to a little later, among other things.
Speaker 1: Armstrong, Hey Geeddy.
Speaker 2: So that's from this weekend. That's North Carolina State University in wake Forest, the crowd singing amazing grace along with the band with the horrifying devastation they've had in that area of the country. And we are pairing with a local United Weight chapter there in North Carolina. If you'd like to donate some money, go to Armstrong in getty dot com. We check them out, very high rating. Local people on the ground know exactly what is needed and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they are right there where the folks need them the most, So donate what you can.
Speaker 2: Speaking of universities, I just got a phone call while we were on the air. I didn't answer it. I didn't recognize the number, but then saw the voicemail. It's the college I went to, h.
Speaker 7: Offering you a professorship, a deanship, asking me for money, and how do you get off of their freaking lists the college you went to.
Speaker 2: And it reminds me of the John Mulaney bit the comedian, where he's always talking about his college is just his whole thing about. Look, we had a deal. I paid you a lot of money, you gave me an education. Then we're done. We are done. I mean we are completely done. I don't give you any more money. I don't call you up and say, hey, could you give me I need an hour this afternoon on the periodic table? Could somebody teach me for another hour? I just need one more hour of teaching. Now we're done with that. You taught me, I paid you, We're over. Why do you keep calling me?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 2: And what's wrong with you? People who keep giving money to the colleges. Most of them have plenty of money anyway. Yeah, I like the other side of it.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm a little hazy on the whole, you know, supplying demand thing.
Speaker 2: Could you just send somebody over right? You don't get to do that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I'm on this Beethoven kick. I should call up to say, can you get the person in the music department. I'm kind of into Beethoven right now and I wasn't then, So could you have them teach me some stuff? I'd like that, and then maybe I'll send you another one hundred dollars. But otherwise, why am I giving you money and I'm getting nothing in return? It must work or they wouldn't do it, But please stop calling me. I've got to get off the list somehow.
Speaker 7: So what are we going to squeeze in in the final half hour of the show. The many hypocrisies of Kamala Harris. I haven't heard these clips. She's on the View today.
Speaker 2: She's also going to be on Howard Stern and on Jimmy Kimmel, I think, and you know, lots of friendly venues in hoping to put the rest the whole. I don't do interviews thing, but it's a weak effort. Well, she's pretty good at the laughing, you know, playful, non serious stuff, and it'll be fine.
Speaker 7: We're hiring the chief executive of the most important corporation on earth that has nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: I don't care how cheery is she is. We've got a clip overview in the View coming up.
Speaker 1: State Doom Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: You recently surprised people when you said that you are a gun owner and then if someone came into your house. Not the first time I've shot it.
Speaker 6: That's not the first time I've talked about it.
Speaker 2: So what kind of guns you own and when and why did you get it?
Speaker 6: I have a glock and I've had it for quite some time. And I mean, look, Bill, my background is in law enforcement, and.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Have you ever fired it? Yes, of course I have at a shooting range. Yes, of course I have, So I thought Kamas harris answer was on guns was great. What I find weird is, uh is the response of the mainstream media. You own a gun, yeah, like half the country does. It's not Have you fired it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I would never fire it. She is soup. If you own a gun, you fire it. That's the whole thing. So you're ready to use it, what would you do with it? Well, if somebody broke into my house, I'd shoot them, she said. I'm glad she's answering that way that moves the ball my direction. Whether she you know, that's her actual personality or not.
Speaker 7: It is yet another flip flop on the level of circ de sola, which we'll get into in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so just came across this on since she just brought up the glock, Charles C. W. Cook tweeted out Kamala Harris says she owns a glock. I'm sure she does. She uses that claim to signal her supposed moderation, but Harris has tried to ban that exact gun in both the cities that she's lived in. The only reason she can own one is that the people she decries have defeated her. That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 7: In fact, yeah, she was one of the signator is on the District Attorney's amicus brief and District of Columbia v.
Speaker 2: Heller in support of a handgun ban. So but you know what that would be, that would be one of those deals. Well, I'm always gonna be in a position where i can have a gun because you know, sure I'm an attorney general or senator or whoever. I either can have a gun because I have different rules, or I'll have people around me who protect me with guns. That is the great evil of the whole gun thing to me is that a lot of the people that make these decisions they get to It's just like the free speech thing. No no, no free speech. As long as I get to decide what's misinformation and I'm then that's fine. As long as I get to have a gun, and then I decide who else can have one, like the county I lived in. Living has been forever and was in Sacramento that way forever until it finally got challenged at the Supreme Court level and they gave in on That is the no no gun permits concealed carrie is legal, but they don't actually give out any permits. Ah, but the friends of the sheriff usually do somehow magically right, they get a concealed a cary permit. So that's what Kamala Harris is. Where she wants to ban blocks for you and me, she would have one or the people who protect her would have them.
Speaker 7: It seems extraordinary to claim it, but it's indisputable that, especially on the left, there is an attitude that individual constitutional rights should be doled out on a case by case basis, according to me, which is abhorrent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I because she got asked that, say so, Bill Whittaker, have you fired it? What kind of a quick and why do you sounds like that that would be crazy And the same question from I think it was Christian Walker on Meet the Press to Come a couple of weeks ago, of many people troubled when they found out were many people troubled when they found out Kamala HER's is a gun owner? Maybe, but half the country's not troubled at all. Do you have a fishing pole? Do you pull fish out of the water by their face with it? That's what it is. Mind your own down business anyway more current than last night sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris is Today's interviews, which haven't even aired yet. Kamala Harris is on the view. This particular clip's getting a fair amount of attention already.
Speaker 6: Well, if anything, would you have done something differently than President Biden during the past four years? There is not a thing that comes to mind in terms of and I've been a part of most of the decisions that have had impact, So.
Speaker 2: That's kind of interesting. She was asked that question more or less by Bill Whitaker last night, but she word salad at her way out of it. Was there anything that you'd disagree with Joe Biden on? Yet? According to the New York Times poll out today, she is by a pretty healthy lead seen as the candidate of change, which I get kind of I kind of figured that that's what would happen, is that she would look like a break from the past more than Trump, even though she's in the current administration, just because Trump was president and is old and Biden was president isn't old, and she's young and hasn't been president. I mean, come on, she agrees with him on everything. But she's the change candidate. Sorry, no, can't go there. Well, no, those don't fit together obviously, But just to tell you, you sell your craziness elsewhere, sir. I just think if you look at the three of them, you think, well, that's something different, because we haven't tried that yet. But yeah, that is interesting that she's got no nothing that she's willing to say she'd break with. Why would that be? It seems like it's such a win for her to say to to pick something the border or or some pick any hot issue. Why not break with the what's the damage there? He's at like thirty seven percent approval.
Speaker 7: If you are at all eloquent, eh, sorry, I mean sorry, she isn't.
Speaker 2: But if you're at all eloquent, you could phrase them some way.
Speaker 7: Listen, we agreed on ninety five percent of policy occasionally. For instance, I thought we should allow fracking for a longer time as we develop.
Speaker 2: Green energy sources. I mean, just if that's not that hard to do. I don't know why she sticks with that, but she does. And then this is kind of this is the sort of thing you hear on the view.
Speaker 6: Here's Kamala Aerir's I went to work out and I head on cooking shows.
Speaker 2: There there, we got to back it up, so you know what they're hell they're talking about. They they ask her about when you found out that Joe Biden was going to step down as the nominee and you would end because he's so damned sni because he's so damned senile, which you've which you've been denying. What were you doing when you got the phone call on that? I think Sunday afternoon. Sunday morning, I went.
Speaker 6: To work out and I head on cooking shows and they're asking me, Auntie, what's that ingredient?
Speaker 5: Was that ingredient?
Speaker 6: And they're playing while I'm working out, make breakfast. We sit down, we're having a breakfast, and we'd been working on a puzzle, so they want more bacon.
Speaker 2: Got more bacon. You know how it goes.
Speaker 6: And so then we had a puzzle, so we went back up to work on the puzzle. I'm still in my workout clothes and we're working on the puzzle and the phone rings, so I said, Auntie, he'll be right back. Meanwhile, I went back into the room where the girls were and I'm like, go get your father because I knew.
Speaker 1: He'd be somewhere, and.
Speaker 6: So we laughed afterwards, Nick as their father. We laughed that Almara the elder one was kind of like Paul Revere, and Leela the younger one was Paul Revere's course.
Speaker 2: You know, killed me several interesting things about that. I don't know why Whoopy found it so fascinating that she was still in her workout clothes when she went up to take the pH uncle. I was still in my working clothes. Oh, all right. But did Kamala not see that coming or think it was going to happen on that timeline? And then it's interesting that did it immediately? Did she immediately think I'm the nominee then, because that didn't have to play out that way at all.
Speaker 7: Obviously, I would guess she was ready to implement to Plan nine from Alameda to get the nomination.
Speaker 2: She and her peeps had been talking about it, yeah, because if you remember how that was going on, I mean, everybody was talking about it there for days and days and days. If he steps down, will Kamala bee should they have a primary? Carvel pushed for that to have a mini primary and just all that sort of stuff, And I'm sure like Joe said, she was angling behind the scenes to try to squash that quickly. All right, now, I see I need a jury of my peers, and you people, while you were absolutely my peers, I just I know which way you're gonna vote.
Speaker 7: I found that story very annoying. First, I was born annoyed, as Jack knows. But I found it very very annoying. Uh, in all the extraneous details about cooking shows and workouts and wanting more bacon and Auntie this and and and.
Speaker 2: Is it because a I just don't like her?
Speaker 7: Is it because that's the way a woman would tell the story? And I'm a dude allegedly, well allegedly dude, or I mean, why did I find that so annoying? The answer to the question was I was with family. We were actually working on a puzzle, and they told me a call came in and I.
Speaker 2: Took that call just the maybe it's a woman thing. I don't know.
Speaker 7: There was nothing wrong with it. It was kind of a charming story about familial love.
Speaker 2: I just I felt like it reeked of effort to try to throw in as many charming anecdotes as possible. Okay, maybe that's yes, Well, said.
Speaker 4: Well, alleged, dude, I don't think all women tell stories that way.
Speaker 7: So well, I know, but that's what I was thinking of you when I said this is not going to be a good jury because you have no patience for that.
Speaker 2: That's true. But I feel like she's just working so hard the bacon. We all love bacon, and you know how that goes. I was doing puzzles with the kids, because that's a good mom sort of thing to do, doing puzzles with the kids. I was cooking breakfast like a regular mom anywhere in the country on us. Anything she can do to be relatable. I'm in workout gear. Huh, moms, you know what I'm talking a whole being in workout pants. Right, We've all been in those pants, haven't we woke this?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, but that whole They asked for bacon because they wanted more bacon.
Speaker 2: You know how that goes, because we all love bacon. Huh, who's with me? Who likes bacon? Now, let's go be president.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just it was cloying, I guess. And I don't want to be unfair or knee jerk. I mean, I can't help it with her, Like I said, earlier.
Speaker 2: I did not knee jerk dislike Bill Clinton or Barack Obama. I kneed jerk dislike her or Joe Biden. I just, I just I'm appalled by her presence. I don't and I'm not exactly sure what. Yeah, Joe Biden became appalling. Kamala Harris is a p A lot of his policies I'm appalled at and things he says and does. But like, I don't if I walked into a room and he was here, I wouldn't recoil with disgust. I would with her. I just I really can't stand her personality, and I'm not exactly sure what it is. Yeah, ah, shut up? Got trying so hard? Or can you be human for a moment and not sound like you're trying to be something?
Speaker 7: Were any of those details fundamental to understanding or enjoying the story. The fact that she'd been working out watching cooking shows Auntie, what's this ingradio?
Speaker 2: I feel like it was a consultant list of relations, list ten relatable things from a Sunday morning home, and she did them in order. That's what she sounds like all the time to me. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I'm just a misogynist. Maybe that's it. And yet they're tired, Okay, yeah they are tying. Yeah, no doubt. God dang it. That election night. I heard Chris Steyerwalt the other day with the Dispatch, and he is the person that called Arizona for Fox. He's the one that he was the first in America to declare Trump the winner, got fired from Fox for it even though he was right. But he thinks he will know by six thirty eastern. They say nine to thirty eastern or six thirty eastern who's gonna win because of how I think he said North Carolina and Michigan go anyway, but that that could be a heck of a night. That could be a heck of a night. I'm gonna be I'm going to clear. I might get a sitter just so I need to be a I can't. I can't have a dad. I'm hungry or my homework. I gotta be on. I gotta be paying attention to this. It's gonna be crazy lifetime. I agree completely.
Speaker 7: I got to brew up some some coffee or pick up some street meth or something because I went to bed or early. Much more earlier than you are. I stayed up till sixteen. I stayed up till like two in the morning. That was the dysfunctional, the greatest night of my life. I was not going to go to bed on that, no way. I was so excited. I had to stay up until Trump come out. And then I want to see if Hillary came out.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's Katie Perry is crying, crying, Share is crying. Anyway, we'll finish strong next, it's an election bill.
Speaker 1: Strong.
Speaker 2: Three things I want to fit in here in the final couple of minutes. One there's a new Bob Woodward book out called War. It's about Trump's dealing with Ukraine and COVID, I think, and then Biden dealing with Ukraine in Israel.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Just reminding everybody, this is not our first rodeo on Bob Woodward. This happens every single time. And I always pointed out because nobody actually reads the books but me and a few other people. I actually read these books. The quotes you're going to hear that have already started are incredibly misleading every single time, every single time, very very misleading as to what the book is actually about. Or I was gonna say, are insignificant. Yes, just whatever is the most gossipy, the hottest gossip for the DC Beltway crap, which is smart for selling a book, But just keep that in mind when you hear some of the stuff. Another thing, this Hurricane Milton that is headed toward Florida. Some of deal just are saying they might have to come with a category six for this one. If you're gonna start having hurricanes like this. It is almost at the limit of what a hurricane could be on planet Earth in terms of wind speed and power. The meteorologists say, yeah, the right.
Speaker 7: Dave Berg, the Iowa Hawk blog guy, responded with it goes to eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So what it's actually like and how much water it forces onto Tampa remains to be seen. But man, FEMA is already stretched thin. It's already a political issue now, and this could be the next couple of weeks, with only four weeks to go from today. And then this a new hypersonic jet that's being built that will take travelers back and forth between New York and London in under an hour. Wow. So I don't have an East coast analogy, but on the West coast it'd be like San Francisco, LA and back and forth like you know, a little under an hour, except you'd be going from New York to LA. Didn't that be cool? I mean London, wouldn't that be cool? That's three times faster than even the concord back in the day. If you're old enough to remember that, it says, I think it would be more like, uh, San Francisco to Hawaii and under an hour? Yeah I think so. Oh No, I was just I was just talking about time, So it would be like the time and it takes what you're saying. Francisco at LA, So be going right Claire across the ocean thirty five hundred miles right right right?
Speaker 7: Wow for a mere five million dollars for a coach seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably far.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My point was just that people commute back and forth between San Francisco and LA regularly for business meetings because it's so short. Could you do that between New York and London? Maybe? Maybe soon? Probably be a little pricey. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 7: Boy, you gotta taste for fish and chips, you think, Yeah, I'll fly to London, go to the airport. Yeah, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. There he is our technical director, Michelangelo lead us off.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 5: You know in the last storm coverage you were seeing people running in the background holding Trump flags. I don't think they're going to be doing that in this hurricane.
Speaker 7: No, No, you're right, Katie Greener esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 2: As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 4: I will say, though, we do have one girl who claims to have an only fans who just went around and pretended to board up her Florida home in her underwear.
Speaker 2: So that's some some low class lord.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you for that special sort of something, well.
Speaker 2: No supply and demand. If you're the sort of dude that clicks on that, have some self respect, Good lord, Jack. Final thought, don't be let around by your penis your whole life.
Speaker 7: Wow boy, use your intelot you'll see the latest victim of the hurricanes smarter than an ape or a running hog.
Speaker 2: Good lord.
Speaker 7: I guess that'll be our final thought, unless you have another one you'd like to throw in.
Speaker 2: That's it. Oh goodness. Among things we didn't get today, get to you today.
Speaker 7: My final thought will be this Kamala Harris struggling to break through with working class voters, the in government her entire life, daughter of two Marxist professors. It's having trouble connecting with the working men and women of America.
Speaker 2: That is weird politician, she said last night. She's been in public service. Who public service? She's serving the public? Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 7: I'm in the public. Thanks a lot, so many, Google, thanks a little time. Good to Armstrong and getdy dot com. You'll see a chance to donate to the good folks North Carolina who are so beleaguered by that last hurricane.
Speaker 2: Give us a note. If you get time, we'll see you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: This has to stop, and it has to stop like the day before yesterday.
Speaker 5: It is a painful moment.
Speaker 1: We get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, are you sure? Oh dead shore, So let's go out with a bang.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna just do nothing but blow up completely.
Speaker 2: Don't take a breath in hold, you took it, your held. I understand. Never mind never I don't understand. Now, Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty