Speaker 1: What's up? And welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your host, Now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone, How are you feeling about this modern battle, this disc record battle that's going on right now? Still, I think it's good for hip hop? Why is it good for hip hop? That's such a generic thing to say.
Speaker 2: Well, it is generic, but it's the whole premise.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, hip hop is braggadocios at its core. You know, you got guys that brag about that jury, how many women they knocking down, how much dough they got. You know, it's telling the story right and hip hop, you know, as far as back as I can remember when l came out, he had a record called I'm Bad Your rapper can rap quite like I can. I take a muscle bomb man and put his face into sind Yeah, I know it's a competition.
Speaker 1: I guess that is like an extension of poverty. It's an extension of poverty for sure, to overcompensate for the lack thereof I mean as far as poor people bragging about exactly what they have. So I guess I can I can somewhat deal with that where I'm at right now, I'm just hella disinterested, Like Pete, where are you at with it?
Speaker 4: I'm so prejudicially biased against it that I've gone out of my way to avoid having to be exposed to it. But my opinion on it is I think for the sake of the genre, it's probably a good thing that you could have an old school style like hip hop beef that was lyrically based and not necessarily like.
Speaker 1: This the foggy opaque.
Speaker 4: Are we really rapping? Or am I making coded threats against your life? Type? You know, street beef type of shit that kind of dominated the space for a couple decades there. It feels like a throwback to the early eighties or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the early eighties was about kicking your ass too, But I definitely agree that in today's time, I don't think nobody's gonna even pinch each other. So I do think this is one of the rare times. Because even as a little kid, and I go back and I listened to you know, Shan and Chris battling, I didn't know if I never got the feeling that if they came across each other, they wouldn't fight. I even thought KRS one and Shan would even fight, especially after the bridge is over. Like I just knew that they fucking fight, Like I I would believe they fight, And I felt that way about every big battle until then, you know, whether it's moving forward, you know, NWA versus let's say, you know, dice Cube. I thought they would fight, and if I remember correctly, still they did fight, right, Ruthless and n w A and CBE did. Did the lynch Mob and n W and Ruthless ever get into it?
Speaker 2: They did, right, you know, they didn't get into it personally above the low caught Cube and then at the new music seminar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Ruthless versus Lynch Mob, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and the ship talking led to a little fight. From what the homie go Mac tells me, they caught Cube slipping, but it didn't get as bad as people thought it was. And then the few people in the mouth, but that was the extent of.
Speaker 1: It, and then the nw A excuse me, then the Ruthless versus Death row right over dre Day and real motherfucking geez right where you know, they ran into each other at the golf course right, and then it was the dog Pound versus you know, Drasta and the ruthless, the ruthless cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Nate Dog gonna work them dudes out with the nine.
Speaker 1: Iron, Nate hit drasd upside they had with a golf club.
Speaker 2: A nine iron to be exact, the heaviest one, so ethically funny.
Speaker 1: And yeah it was funny.
Speaker 2: And you know, see one thing that we will say at that time, like you go back to the kras one and MC saying stuff. I never thought for one single moment nobody was gonna get into a fight.
Speaker 1: You never thought they would, or you thought they would get into a fight if they saw each other.
Speaker 2: I thought they wouldn't. Man, You know what, the most you can expect back then was for somebody to possibly get punched in the mouth or something. That's It wasn't gonna never be no gunplay. It wasn't gonna never be nothing like that because that fell outside the essence of hip hop. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I don't agree with that. I hate when y'all say that.
Speaker 4: In the in the beginning though they would like battle rap like face to face.
Speaker 1: Live and shit like that.
Speaker 2: You know That's what I'm saying, bro, It never got it, never got that, it never got personal like that.
Speaker 1: I totally disagree. That's not what they said. But I understand the narrative that all the early hip hoppers want to push. So I'm not gonna get in the way of that. But that's not true.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I've actually talked to people that was actually there during those times, like when Eel had his battles. Now, when Ice Tea and LHL had they thing. Iced T had numerous opportunities to where if he wanted to get ills he had knocked off, he could because there would be somebody called him all the time. Hey, I got him in my sights right now, What you want me to do? Ice didn't want nothing like that to happen. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I wouldn't agree with Ice T and l But Shan and Chris that was a little bit more serious, you know what bro at least from their perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it was led to the point nobody getting hurt, Like it wouldn't gonna be on no Biggie and Tupac stuff.
Speaker 1: But Biggie and Tupac, nobody got hurt because of Biggie and Tupac Like that wasn't about rap beef. Pac didn't die over rap beef. Biggie didn't die over rap beef. You know, they had separate situations happening that led to their death. It wasn't about because they really didn't have a real beef, right, they didn't have a real beef.
Speaker 2: Well to an extent, dog it did. Everything kind of was a derivative. Oh don't, dude was beefing you think about it, you know from Pluff off from people money.
Speaker 1: But that's not really true.
Speaker 2: Oh so Puff didn't offer nobody no money. No, yeah he did, bro what's his name? Mouth?
Speaker 1: He was lying.
Speaker 2: So you think Keithy di gonna makes something that E left bright up to say that this man was going to put a million dollars on his head.
Speaker 4: You think he lined, yes, what's going to and did are different and it's just a lie.
Speaker 2: I just think with these records, man, I think it comes to a point, you know, recently on our show, it's a piece going around right now where eight said at some point you might as well just fight. I think when you get too personal on records, man, it can't lead to somebody, you know. I can think it can't lead to some shit possible.
Speaker 1: No sellings, gl Pete doing what we do, Big Brother still Gangster Rap chronicles. It's a difference between disc records and battling, you know what I mean, Like a battle is different, and a battle can lead fight, but this records are meant to be totally disrespectful. A battle, in his essence, is more about saying you're superior to someone like as an MC. A disc record is intended to be disrespectful to somebody else. Now, battle Rap has kind of fell into that space of disrespectful talk, but that wasn't the essence of battling right when they started, right, it was all about raising yourself up versus a disc record. It's all about putting somebody else down. But back to the Biggie and Toolpac. Pop didn't have a real problem with Biggie, Like he said this on multiple interviews, like he never really had an issue with Biggie. He has said in the interview with Vibe that if he thought Biggie had something to do with him being shot, it had been a different kind of problem. They didn't really have a real issue, like Pop. I've stood by this because the more I get into hip hop, and I understand the business. Pop understood the market viability of what Thish records do, Like what the what the competition does?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: If Puff and Big is really top tier in the space with Snoop Dogg and Dre, you grab that energy, right and you you use that energy to launch you into another you know, hemisphere. And he did that. But he said in different interviews that there was no real issue between him and Biggie or him and Puff, They didn't have a problem. He just used the situation and motivated himself to go to that level.
Speaker 2: Well, you knew what Paca initially tried to say. He tried to say that Big and bad Boy had something to do with him getting shot in quiet studios, and everybody knew that wasn't true. You know, Paco's given some money.
Speaker 1: But Pac never said that. You never said that. That was kind of what Okay, So if he does have any responsibility, that's the insinuation of actions. But he ever in his life said he thought Puff or Big, excuse me, Puff or Big has something to do with him getting shot. Now, whoever listen to those setlings. If I'm wrong, show me the fucking interview where he said, y'all, niggas have something to do with me being shot. He just always referenced his issue and the competitive nature were big and Puff with the fact he got shot in New York. So then people put two and two together and say, oh, this must be why he's upset. But really, if you listen to him interviews, he's talking about how Bigie took off and he felt like they forgot about him, you know what I mean, and nobody really was showing him love, and he just went through this traumatic experience, you know, of shooting himself in a really bad situation, you know what I'm saying. So he felt embarrassed, and then Puff used his circumstances to market himself. I mean Puff used his you know, pop situation of being shot and marketed, you know, using you know, the who shot you saw with Biggie to where it could be confusion. And I think POC saw that, you know, if you look at his book list, I think POC saw that shit and said, oh, that's what we're doing. We're using tragedy to market ourselves into you know, success. Got you. So when he came home, he used everything to market himself into the number one spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think Tupac has alluded that they had something to do with that, or they knew that it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: When did he say that they had them to do it?
Speaker 4: I think that's disingenuous. I mean, the reality is that was what was swirling around. He had a million opportunities to invalidate that, and he went deliberately out of his way to avoid doing so.
Speaker 2: And I've just found some the source. The incident Acquired Studios is more than just the robbery gone wrong for Tupac's Corey. It was a betrayal. Biggie and Tupac at once been close friends, their bonb ruter than shared passion for hip hop, both artists hell from Background's rifle struggling hardship, which they funneled into their music, earning acclaim from fans and critics alike. However, after the Quad Studios incident, their friendship quickly slured. Secure openly accused Biggie, his label bad Boy Records, and Sean Puffy Combs of having prior knowledge of the shooting and accurate and accusation if Himmalley desnied.
Speaker 1: So you know, you know, you're just reading somebody's thoughts on it, Like you know, there.
Speaker 2: Was this was an investigation, bro. And this is what Tupac said. He said this openly, Bro. He believed that they had knowledge of it, not that they necessarily set it up, but he thinks they knew that it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: You changed two parts. Again, this is two different things, him saying they had something to do with it, and him then now you're saying that, oh, well, they knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, see, I don't think they necessarily.
Speaker 1: It's way past it's not necessarily. They didn't have anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: They didn't have nothing to do with it. But he believed they had knowledge that it was gonna happen.
Speaker 4: It's the culpability of an action on both sides. He believes that they, by not acting or making mention of the fact that they had this knowledge, are a way indirectly comfortable.
Speaker 2: And I can see that. Let's say mean you go to Miami, right, we go down to to Miami and me and you somewhere we handle our business or whatever, and someone comes out of the woodwork and pull a pistol on you for making a song or whatever. They mad at you. Whatever we are going to think in our minds. Man, these dudes knew that was laughing. How did they know he was gonna be here? No, I would not think that. First off, this is a.
Speaker 4: Different I would get all the blame.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a different situation. Right, Like, if I did something to somebody in Miami, I have a really good chance to go to Miami that the person I did something to is going to be there waiting on me.
Speaker 2: Miami is a big city. They would have to have prior knowledge that she was coming down there for something. Point your exact location.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's a hell of square take and and I get what you're saying, But No, I would automatically think that this person would know I'm going to be around. There's nothing nobody can tell me that's gonna say, well, they had to do this.
Speaker 2: I would think.
Speaker 1: That it's so many people around the circle that somebody that knows me is going to tell them a glasses is around. But again, like I'm saying, like, I'm not sure if pot said, hey, they they knew I was going to be here, so they helped blah blah blah. Now if he's saying that Oh, they knew it was gonna happen. They had to know it was gonna happen, Like, how can they know a robbery is gonna happen unless you have more details about why somebody would be trying to rob you. Why would somebody why would somebody have details about somebody robbing you?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it could being inadverting too. I don't think they did it on purpose necessarily. It could be a matter of just somebody talking, Oh the holy cheek coming down, Oh the Holy pok gonna be over here tonight, we gonna be. If you're doing this and that's all it takes, then somebody else gon tell this person. But the thing is, I got smoked because he owed Jimmy Hinchmith a few dollars, and really it was supposed to be a warranting. The only reason he wound up getting shot was him trying to resist and reach for heat and all that other stuff. You know, I think they just meant to scare the dude.
Speaker 1: But at that point then if that's the case, then he would owe them money. So then him going to New York would be him risking knowing that, hey, I have some unsavory business going with somebody and there's a possibility that they can catch me. So how the fuck would that have something to do with anybody else that don't owe cuz no money.
Speaker 2: Well, then that's when you get the marketing right, Pop, Like you said, he was a marketing genius, and he understood that. You know what if I create this illusion that we got beef and they set me up and I got shot and I survived, You're already that was a big part of his whole spiel. Dog. In fact, he beat his shot multiple times and survived and now I'm coming back to wreap my finiance. You know. So that that was that man. Pot was a people forget man. Pop was an actor. Dog, He was a real actor. He was a great actor.
Speaker 4: I think also you kind of answered your all question like along the way, if you know you got a situation where somebody you come into their town, you're not going to call him in advance and to ham coming to your town.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go to their town.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I'm saying. He she, Yeah, was out there just like Biggie business in La Biggie should have been. This is the last place he should have been.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even I don't there. I don't agree with that he had nothing to do with the nigga getting shot.
Speaker 2: He didn't, Bro, But just the circumstances, Bro, he shouldn't have got shot. He should still be here walking around. There's no way his mama should be grieving him.
Speaker 1: Agreed. But but then again, but then, but then again, like I always felt like Big was like an innocent casualty in that situation. But then again, when the Dog Pound dudes went to New York and they were shooting their video and then their video shoot got set, you know, they video shoot got shot up based off of some things that Biggie said on the radio allegedly, you know what I mean. He wasn't as innocent as I would like him to be. But pe to your point, it's like it's a little bit more trickier, right, It's like, I genuinely don't. I don't think they pop thought Big and Puff had nothing to do with him getting shot, nor did they know, nor did they have any state or he thought that maybe when you get shot, there there is a traumatic response, you know what I'm saying, That makes you paranoid. Right, So there's the initial thing whereas like I don't know what the fuck is going on. I'm going through a lot of shit. I'm in pain, I'm in a hospital, blah blah blah. Now there could be a pari that sets in on the mind.
Speaker 2: I would imagine, I'll say, you know, I would imagine even extremely paranoid.
Speaker 4: Like hypothetically, if you know, all right, I'm gonna go do this track with these guys out in lag. I got the situation. I'm a sliding real quick, knock it out. I'm ana slide out, and no one really knows when, where, or any of these variables that matter to execute something like that. And then it happens, you go, shit, only three people even know I was out here.
Speaker 1: But that I wouldn't believe that. As Tupacshakor in nineteen ninety four, like I'm Tupacshakor, I'm in the biggest movie as far as urban mute, you know, as far as urban culture in the last five years. At that point, I'm in juice. Everybody sees me like, I don't care what I do. Everybody's gonna see me. The security guard who actually is supposed to actually be the one that contacted and helped to facilitate whatever happened because that was the person. But I'm also Tupac Shakurt, Like there's no way possible Pete as a street guy if I got into it with TI. Right, Let's say I have an issue with TI, right, and you know what I mean, I took something from TI or like still as saying, right, I took some money from TI. Now TI is looking for me because I don't want to give him this money, so I know we have a problem. I'm not flying into Atlanta without knowing something is going to happen to me. It's like it was. It was a beef in a dish record situation between x Tens tasi On from Miami and a kid named Rob Stone from San Diego, right, and they had some records back and forth. Ex rest in Peace went to San Diego to do a concert and then when he's on stage doing a concert, somebody comes from the back and just knocks him out on the stage. Rest in Peace to the man, but he got knocked out on the stage, and I remember saying that shit like on Twitter and saying, like, why the fuck would you go to San Diego after you just had this back and forth with records with this person where you're saying flagrant shit, you're saying fucked up shit, you popping it.
Speaker 4: I get that. But he did, Yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: And I think when you're in a situation like that, you have to expect some kind of uh, you gotta expect something if you gonna beat that flagrant man and go to a man city after you're gonna talk cash shit, you kind of deserve whatever happened to you. You kind of you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think you inviting trouble or at least you know something can happen. I would hope you believe something can happen.
Speaker 2: You, butter be kind ext of. And one thing I want to go back to, and this is not no knock at all, is that Biggie what? No street dude? I think everybody knew that Biggie was just a phenomenal rapper, you know, talking to Homie Doggy down, it's just Doggy Dowmond's newly in personally.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe. I don't believe you are Doggy. I believe Biggie was a street dude. So you think Biggie was, So you think dog Gee? Why do you think everybody lying when they say something, cause niggas be lying.
Speaker 2: That wasn't no dis I don't think dog would lie about that.
Speaker 1: I think he's lying. I think he'spect Okay, they didn't do a lot of the ship. He said on records that the context, though, that's far away from saying he's not a street dude. You said he's not a street dude. I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it around him were street cats.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I think you and Doggie is full of shit.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't say enoughing. I'm telling you what don't boy said. And I think that Biggie was a dude to set up in the road wraps all day.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that either.
Speaker 2: I believe I believe it. Dog I don't think Doggy would have no. I don't see no reason from the line. And it's not like he's put that out there, pupple to try to get some mipe off over the something. He just said that Chris was just a cool dude.
Speaker 1: You and Doggie are my guys, both of you. Niggas is full of shit right now?
Speaker 2: Why am I full of shit? Because I'm reiterating something that the Homeboys said.
Speaker 1: And then you doubled down and said you believed it.
Speaker 2: I think you just want to believe your heroes are who they say they are.
Speaker 1: I don't think, no, I don't think.
Speaker 2: You tell me I'm lying about it until it actually comes up.
Speaker 1: It has never, it has never came up.
Speaker 2: It is I told you to have for these dudes the fruit cups, and you didn't want to believe.
Speaker 1: I asked you to show me which one you saw sucking a dick.
Speaker 4: So question is the story that did he or whatever when he was like trying to sign him or had just signed him, whatever, they were just getting some traction that he was trying to get him to cancel some trip out of town to buy a bunch of wholesale that was bs.
Speaker 2: Well, Biggie might have been moving on work. It's because you move a little bit of work. Don't mean it's no hardcore street dude.
Speaker 4: That's a spectrum off street talking. Of course, he ain't got a stack of bodies behind him, but he on the corner selling dopey, not a street dude.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that.
Speaker 2: I'm telling y'all. I'm reiterating. I didn't know Biggie, so I don't know what he was.
Speaker 1: Write down to. Let us have this conversation without you having that bullshit y'all you were saying.
Speaker 2: And I think that because it goes into context. What we're talking about is how he probable big wasn't even thinking about sitting that dude up or wouldn't have been capable of it.
Speaker 1: That does not say any of that. First off, those two things have nothing to do with each other. Obviously, Biggie was some kind of street guy. Was he fucking freeway Rick? Probably not, But that don't mean he's not a street dude. He's not. He's sitting in his room right wrast that ship, that's a fucking lie.
Speaker 4: There's a spec between like glasses of Malone and Drake. You know what I mean, Kendrick, you spectrum and for all we know, I think that's the ship of Selty.
Speaker 1: So Biggie is not a street dude and Drake is a street fucking.
Speaker 5: You know, the jury's out on Drake. You know, I'm just fucking with you now, Bro, Drake might be say which street him and up?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Do you understand street means where crime is happening that's what.
Speaker 2: Street means, you know what.
Speaker 4: In Toronto, And.
Speaker 2: Y'all tell me if y'all disagree. I think anybody that grew up in the communities that we all perspectives to come from, I think you have to be a street dude to a certain degree in order to survive.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a street dude just means you're a place where crime is happening, right, So, like where crime is happening, not like bad parking. People like crime, like get ahead of the right sure sure.
Speaker 2: Me personally, I'm far from the street dude. Right now, I'm squares a box of cereal. But there was a time that I so dope shot people beat people up there all kind of shit.
Speaker 1: We don't believe that much. You for sure would have been in your room, right and.
Speaker 2: Raps, No, I did you've heard confirmation on the ship.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I have not heard any confirmation.
Speaker 3: Well, big So, No, so Biggie is sitting in the room, right, so, Biggest So Biggiet sitting in this room.
Speaker 1: So Biggie is sitting in his room, right, Wraps. And you out here selling the rocks and shooting people and going to jail.
Speaker 2: That's for a time.
Speaker 1: So you the real biggie.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't say that. See you're twisted up something I've said. I was making the thing right now, I'm squares a box of cereal. I don't want no problem with nobody, But there was a time of my ignorance that I sold dope, shot folks, and did all kind of stupid shit.
Speaker 4: It's well beyond the statute of limitations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I ain't nen say I killed nobody. I ain't. I ain't. No, I ain't never go that far with ship. But I did a lot of dumb shit in my younger shot niggas. How you know they didn't die because I know they can't hit shit differ when popping out some niggas. I ain't sit there saying I was walking up on niggas at point blank and just hit them in the head at the ship.
Speaker 1: Where you can go to the bullets can go to the head. How you know they didn't die.
Speaker 2: I know they didn't die. Some of them niggas still around here, they walking.
Speaker 1: You don't know every nigga you shot, hm, So you wasn't walking up, but you said some of these niggas today are still a rocking around here walking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gee, I'm not even saying that this happened multiple times. I wasn't running around them.
Speaker 1: You said you shot niggas pel.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, there's been a couple of niggas. Don't got it. These niggas, they can't get it now. So that Oh, so you're not square, man, I'm square as I have to beat the dog. So let me get this right. So Biggie is, yes, No, I'm reiterating something else to you. I'm retelling his story that someone told me. I didn't know, Biggie, I don't know what he was doing and what he wasn't doing.
Speaker 1: I'm saying so based off of your belief that with your friend.
Speaker 2: And I don't believe that person would have reason a lot. So based off your beliefs, Biggie was me telling them. You believe you believe in dog Yeah, I don't think Doggie never really lied to me.
Speaker 1: So based off your beliefs, because you believe in dog and Doggie diamonds, Biggie was up in his room righting wraps and you was on the corner selling rocks shooting people.
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you what the fact was. Yeah, I was, And I can get multiple people to verify that on here, because you don't heard it before.
Speaker 1: I've never heard it in my life. But no, no, no, that's not what this is. It's not about validating. Still, we'll do that on another show. Hold up, all up, I don't care.
Speaker 4: We were at the one hundredth episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've seen one. So what I'm saying to you is you're the real Biggie.
Speaker 2: I didn't say nothing, Well why do I? Hell no, I'm not no Big b He's one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Speaker 1: That's what big he rapped about. So you said you was doing this ship Biggie was rapping about and Biggie was writing about something.
Speaker 2: That dog He said, how you gonna put that? How you just go point that to me?
Speaker 1: You said you believe it?
Speaker 4: Everybody here I have.
Speaker 2: No choice but to believe it. I'm not you. I don't doubt everything. My friend's gonna tell me.
Speaker 4: Everybody here knows good and damn well did Biggie wrote all the songs about Stell.
Speaker 1: Exactly what what were taking it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. He's like Rick Ross, Big Steeal, notorious b I G. He named himself after you.
Speaker 1: Big still notorious, b I g still yeah.
Speaker 2: No, see y'all just trolling out. How you're just trolling out because you take something I said that, I'm telling you Doggy Diamond said. I'm say Norman Steel said this. I didn't know the man.
Speaker 1: You said, Norman still believe Doggie Diamonds.
Speaker 2: I believe dog Doggie grew up with the nigga he so so at that point, So why are you we said so, we're saying the same thing. Dog been out there making content off of this. This is something that he said to us. He told you this before.
Speaker 1: I told him I didn't believe him.
Speaker 2: Then, Man, I wish dog could get on his phone right now to debunk all this ship you're talking right now.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 2: Man. Let's get back to the man. You will always take something, try to twist it.
Speaker 1: How am I twisted anything?
Speaker 2: So Bee was grinding about you? You, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: Let's move into the let's just we we're gonna pitch this camp into the twenty first century.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is back from the point of where we started at. Right when we talk, when we're talking about dish records, right, I'm saying since the beginning of Dish records. I've always thought it could get serious. Now I agree there are certain battles. I thought most likely it wouldn't get serious, right, And you're right. I've always felt ice T was a player about it, so maybe not. But then there was a time Icy probably did want something to happen to him. But I never thought Chris and Shan couldn't get serious. And then we're moving forward. Obviously it was a fist fight between NWA and lynch Mob over Novasili, right that that's part of it. There was a fist fight over dre Da with dog Pale in the roofless camp right fast forward every disc you always.
Speaker 4: Good, was there a physical incident or anything like that with the ice q cyprssill shit or that just was all talk and kind of just drifted off.
Speaker 1: Now Tien told me it was like a big thing because be real is actually a real blood from family ones, and you know, it was a real thing. So I don't think it got into a physical thing, but it was kind of some real things. Did eight ever said somebody fought over that ship were quick still?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He said there was a lot of He said there was a lot of ship that happened. He said, there was a lot of ship that could have went bad. You know it was some Was there a fight? Remember that's a whole different dynamic right there. You had to do. That was a blood then you had to do you had to do it was a pirroot yet another dude, there was a crip.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, did they fight?
Speaker 2: No? They never. You know what's funny, man, They said during that whole thing, they never even saw each other all the people.
Speaker 1: Did the any of their friends fight over it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a few squabbles over.
Speaker 1: So fast forward Jac and Nas. There wasn't really no squabbles over that was it?
Speaker 2: I don't believe.
Speaker 4: So was there with fifty and get touched on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jo fifty got stabbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty got stabbed doing that.
Speaker 4: Lord fifty got and with the Rick fifty thing, gunplay got jumped.
Speaker 1: That did happen.
Speaker 2: I just think, man, you know what, it's possible for some shit to happen. I remember when ros said they looked and jeez, yeah they looked Tiffy and they was walking down the hallway together and they sort of just tussed for whatever you want to call that. What it was they was doing. But they you know, they smelled each other's colomn briefly in that hallway.
Speaker 4: Did the set up with Gucci via Jeez? That really is how that went down.
Speaker 1: So I think I think people kind of assume that Jeez said, dude over there, but I don't think that's been verified. Obviously, it'd probably be a criminal case if it was verified that Jeezy sent this man over here to lose his life. Now, now there was supposed to be a word about money being you know, presented for some jewelry or something like that, so it's not impossible. But I don't know. But it's really kind of fucking me up now that I'm thinking about dis records and I'm like, this is the first time in my life where I thought, I am sure nobody is going to get hurt, but I might be wrong. Why because even when Ja Cole apologized, I was like, Bro, nobody's going to do anything to Jake Cole. It might be some crazy motherfuckers that might try to do some shit to Jay Cole.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: I think that Drake is the type of guy who would not hesitate if you got him with the right line on a disc track, to resort to biological warfare, and by biological warfare, I mean deploying a known infected slut in the direction of the original artist.
Speaker 2: I said it on the show that that dude is the devil Man, and see how he inserts if you have the devil Drake is the devil dog, you would.
Speaker 4: Absolutely unleash her pies indirectly at that man.
Speaker 2: Is Drake the devil bro no offense peet, But Drake is definitely a white man. He thinks like a white person. He's going to get you with He's gonna try to hit you where it hurts, but have him remove far from it, like him with a certain top into women with him and dot right now, when he was beefing with meat Meal, I rode down the street bumping aar ad. You know what I'm saying, He's going to serve people like if he getting a beef with she, he liable to say he got you're fucking with Joey in with Joey and and the Giants and some ship like that, or me and Beeg Steel chilling. You feel what I'm saying. He's that type of dude.
Speaker 4: He kind of almost operates sort of like Tupac where he leaves a lot of gray area and untied you know ends, and like takes pictures with your wife and ship like that.
Speaker 2: Like that, you know what I'm saying. He gave a picture from a long time ago to where Hilla Maria, you just took a picture, and he go pointing of her. Oh yeah, like you know what time it is.
Speaker 4: You know what happened after that picture? And he doesn't say anything happened. He might mean, you know, we both went our separate ways and went to the house, but he will say.
Speaker 2: He that dude. Now you know how he and the way he's inserted Nigga's personal shitting and this shit. See the one thing about it, bro, if you can get somebody, if you can cause dissinction in somebody's personal life, that's that's like the ultimate shit. Well, if you put something on somebody's mind thinking, man, it was my girl messing with this dude, it's my brother fucking with this guy.
Speaker 4: And he's not just whit, he's half Jewish. That means he's pulling court documents from civil suits up to an including paternity and it gets very ugly in some of those papers.
Speaker 2: See I said, g that motherfucker is the devil. He is Satan. See let me ask you this, if this was you, if you somehow got inserted into this, oh Drake versus the world thing, how would you react if he said something person about you?
Speaker 1: I can rap, I really can rap. I can rap as good as rap can. I'm getting pretty good, so it'd be pretty.
Speaker 2: And you have the trouble factor. I think you would be able to say some shit just as herful.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also gonna be looking to beat people up and out wrap people.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start you will, so after you wrecked your rap, after you out wrap him, you don't like them, put hands on them too.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna be looking to put hands on his bodyguards and all the street dudes that's with him. I'm not gonna just let it be him. Like see, that's most people problem. They be looking to get to Drake. I'm a fire chubbing him shit up like niggas. As soon as you nigga, we're gonna get out, like we're gonna pack your ship up. We're gonna start packing up the niggas that you're paying that you think it's something I mean, and I'm gonna show you the difference when you fucking with the nig That's like me Wherea's like, yeah, we're gonna fight the bodyguards. We're gonna fuck them around, We're gonna shoot, we gonna hurt them. We ain't even gonna fuck with you at first. We're gonna start breaking everything around you until you realize it's a big difference fucking with people like us and I'm out rapping. I'm gonna rap with you. Even if you win, you're not gonna win at the end. So it's just a different attitude. Like I'm looking to really get at the niggas who you think is tough. That way I can show you all that shit ain't tough.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, Historically the rappers never really get involved in the shit. It's always the bodyguards and the external people. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's because that's because that's because they're plotting on the rappers because they see weakness. I wouldn't plot on the rappers. I plot on your strength. SI's one thing. When you looking at the weakness, your whole thing is I know somebody's weakness. Imagine being strong enough to fuck over people's strength. That's my That's always been my thing. Like when I went to jail, I'm gonna fight the toughest nigga. When in the set, I'm gonna fight the toughest nigga. That way, I'm gonna go at your strength. If I go at your strength, you'll realize you're not strong at all, and then we could have a real, you know, a solution, you know, amicable solution could come around. You got to really get at people's strength, like, don't go intoday that weakness it is for the birds, you know, show them that their strongest place ain't really that strong and niggas to get the point.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, bro. During the Death ro Height, they obviously had beasts with a lot of people. Do you think they was do you you being a street dude out here at that time, now hear a lot of people say this, Do you think they actually ran the streets or did they just run the rap industry?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think they was trying to run the streets. I think everybody have respect for that type of money and success from the community. They didn't have to use physical force, But I mean, obviously you hear all the stories of issues they had where they was in the nigga since they had issues and they had to resolve a lot of things in different ways, you know what I mean. But even in that situation, to me, if you want to show strength, the first thing you do is fight Shug Knight. That's showing strength. And that's to me where I gave a lot of the loan bees dudes credity. Like nigga, we gonna squabble whoever you think is the strongest person here, you know what I mean? That way we can really have a because that's the thing about street life or gang banging, it's all based off the premises of people showing strength. So once you show somebody they strongest place, ain't that strong. Most of the time you can come to you know, fair resolutions. Until you show somebody they strongest place, ain't that strong. They gonna always feel like they're gonna have an advantage, and a lot of the stuff they gonna do is gonna be disingenuous. You know what I'm saying. They gonna always feel like they have the advantage, so there is no real reason for them to meet you at a prime resolution place. You know, that makes sense they'll be like, oh, we're doing you a favor. Let's knock away the favor right now, Nigga, your strongest shit ain't strong enough. So even in this situation, right like, I did look at j Cole like a little bit weird, like where it's like, bro, why would you apologize? But maybe he looking like Yo, this shit could get funky, you know what I'm saying. And I'm not that kind of guy. Yeah, now that we.
Speaker 2: Discussed, and I believe he's on tour with like Q right now with some shit like that, So I ain't no telling the conversations that could have been had, you know, and what could have been pieced out and behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: I mean, even then he could say it that way. Hey, I sat down with some of my brothers and TD. But I think, honestly, the more I think about it, now that we've discussed all of these disc records and places that he might be right, like if he's not into the Rye Rod shit in the squabble game and wanting to have to shoot niggas, like a lot of these disc records have led to people being in fight and people being hurt. You know what I'm saying, so it may not be the rappers being in fights all the time, you know, but somebody else is getting hurt, and maybe he don't want nobody around him to get hurt. I think I actually owe Jake Cole a fucking apology.
Speaker 2: Well, once you become she, I'm gonna tell you like this.
Speaker 4: So now you're apologizing.
Speaker 1: No, I said I owe him an apology. See now that I owe him, he would never be broke. Now I'm not going to apologize. See I'm not Jake Cole. I'm saying I may have to respect. I may have, You'll never be broke. You're a debt.
Speaker 2: I want to real quickly in this kind of series, I think once you get past the age of twenty or maybe even nineteen, getting into a fight is the serious thing once you become a grown man, because when you physically want to say, okay, I'm putting my hands on this person, somebody could possibly die. Because me, as a fifty some year old man, I'm just allow somebody just to put their hands on me and just to whoop my ass. And I'm gonna be worried about it if I do. Let's say I come out victorious. Now I gotta worry about you potentially walking up on me and I might be with my wife and my kids or maybe somewhere to where it's I might be with my mom in the streets somewhere. Because all is fair and love and war. So I'm gonna try to discman on main keel and destroy anything that's a threat like that. So it can get ugly, it can get dangerous. And I think once you get to plan with people on a personal level, man, you don't know what the fuck somebody going through. You might fuck around and be the and take the brunt of the all day frustration. Feel what I'm saying. So it's a lot that can happen though I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 1: But I know, like, yes, you can still get a squabble with me, you know what I'm saying. I ain't.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing in the world. Now your your unique case. It's like, but if you you have to know the other person, like I always I look at every fight like this, just in general. My blanket rule is if you want to do this here the rules, winner goes to jail, loser goes to the hospital. But you have to know who the other person is. And so it's almost a give and take. If the other person is not the kind of guy to call the police, he's probably a kind of guy who buy.
Speaker 1: Shootsh Yeah, but that just gonna get him shot.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Now, you will get your ass whooped and shot.
Speaker 4: If you if you shoot.
Speaker 1: Him first, well, I mean that's kind of just I would go, like, you can't live your life in this level of fear about going to jail. Where I know this is kind of the American psychology of existing, this fear of death and going to jail. Right, don't get me wrong, I don't want to go to jail. I am not scared to go to jail.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it has to be important.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're trying to shoot me, that's worth going to jail.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is important. Well, you know what's important.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's about being afraid of going to jail, Like that would be the last thought on my mind. You know, get into a fight with somebody. I'm just saying, she can go, she can go either way. It could be a motherfucker take me off this clanic. You feel what I'm saying. You don't never know what somebody got going on, what's on they mind?
Speaker 1: Fuck they mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah so you.
Speaker 2: So you just think it's just safe that all the grown folks out here fighting niggas in their thirties, forties, in some case fifties. It's out here just crap.
Speaker 1: Listen. I would hope as an adult, your intellect has came to a place where you can resolve situations through conversation. But still some people need they motherfucking ass or the attempt of it. You have to defend. You have to defend. You have to defend somebody like you may have to demand. Listen. This is what makes hip hop different than everything else. Like to Peete, it might be like a nigga moment where he's like, I'm wired, I'm gonna walk away from this nigga moment Like Drake. Drake doesn't have to participate because it's like he don't carry the ego and the pride. Now, it depends on where that's value that because at the end of the day, man, you could get punk and live tomorrow and long as you okay with it, it don't matter. Somebody could call you a bit still in front of your wife and you don't have to low as you don't care as long as she not tripping. Y'all could just live y'all days out. But the problem is, because of where you come from, where she come from, if somebody mark your ass out, it's gonna be hard for you to get respecting your own house, right, And that's how it is with these records, right, If somebody marks you out, it's gonna be hard for you to get respect. Like you're gonna be you have to be okay with being, you know, burden with criticism and jokes. And I don't know if that's normal from where we come from. We already had a hard ass life, so we don't really play like that, you know what I mean. Now, I'm not saying you should do the next thing to put you in jail, but if it means protecting your life, shit, okay, whatever it got to be to protect your life.
Speaker 4: But life in quality of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if somebody just trying to squabble you up, I mean, or somebody like so you mean to tell me still, if you somewhere with Madia, right and and somebody like, yeah, bitch ass nigga, move out the way, he'll be like, well, you know what, I'm not gonna be squabbling this nigga I'm fifty two. I'm not squabbling it.
Speaker 2: We definitely go after he might have to smell my cologne. You know, he called me your big jass nigga.
Speaker 1: But what if he called you a couple bitches and then he looked at your old lady be like, yeah, bitch, you heard what I said to him. You're gonna be like, well, you know what, I'm not gonna fight him.
Speaker 2: You know, he would more than likely to be shot.
Speaker 1: See that's dumb. Now you're really go to jail for shooting somebody.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen. But I'm just saying that's what all of that will resulting. Because I would touch with him. But then what I would do, see g I don't have that like Fried that you brise. I addressed situations and handle him accordingly. If I'm with my wife right and it's just me and Aaron, I see it's him, and it depends it's just his him. If it's just him, we go tuessh. But if I look at him when I see five niggas standing over here, then it's a couple of niggas over here. I ain't wearing a dog. I might just get in my car rolling out and Damn listen, nigga another day over here. Now if it's just.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, he just talking and he's five for ten, bitch ass, big ass six mons.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tuess him because it's just him. Like I say, Okay, this is a one on one situation. But if I gotta worrypotify it. Since the situation, I see his six niggas over here, and potentially this to go down. Not only do I have to worry about defending myself, I'm gonna have to worry about my wife. Got going on over there.
Speaker 1: As a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Go knock her around the cold got But.
Speaker 1: But you far off like you went somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I'm still a little shell shocked because the little guy from Ghetto Boys knocked him out in that house that time.
Speaker 1: Oh Willie, all rest in peace.
Speaker 2: But that that ain't supposed to be story ain't supposed to be told all the time. Shots at the Homie Polar Bear. We kept that sigt for long.
Speaker 4: It went on a monster platform. I think I forgot. Did I remember that backwards? I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Did you get knocked? No? That was that was on the I Did you talk about that on on drink chaps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of shit. You talking about gangster rap chronicles. Well, you know what, lying on Biggie name.
Speaker 2: We might have talked about it. I'm not lying, or that's Doggie man. You know what, I'm gonna have to have dog you to defend itself on. You're gonna have to have Doggie on to defend his story. Dog.
Speaker 1: We'll do it next week in person, because if I don't like what he's saying about Biggie, dog gonna smell my motherfucking colomb.
Speaker 2: Ohe the most No dog said.
Speaker 1: Dog is my nigga. Wen friends could fight.
Speaker 2: See you know what of these with g g g is a true hip hoper. He really loves and revers these niggas. And when I tell them that some of these niggas ain't who they think they is, gen gets upset and he will defend them to the death.
Speaker 1: That's not you're just over exaggerating. I'm saying. You just went from saying dog said his stories are exaggerated, which that's everybody's story of their pop.
Speaker 2: What I said was the dog said, is that Biggie what no street dude exactly?
Speaker 1: And then you said and then you compounded.
Speaker 2: Because he could have been talking about some of his homieses around him. It's really put me in.
Speaker 1: That work that would be exaggerated because he making himself the story.
Speaker 2: Well, Cube did the same thing. You know most Cube stories about stuff he's seen.
Speaker 1: And yes, but Cube also got on when he was a sixteen year old kid writing smash hit records for easy E Biggie was an adult. And then you compounded the ship Dog said by saying he was just sitting up in his room writing wraps. That's what you.
Speaker 2: Said still.
Speaker 1: Anyway, but back to the point, this whole thing is just becoming less eventful for me because of AI. Like I'm still not sure, like, uh, it was some new ship that leak Drake right, which everybody was talking about it. I bet that shit probably AI. I didn't see it. But then now I'm worried that it's Drake record, Drake record. Why hasn't Drake officially released this record? What if the record is AI?
Speaker 2: That was what really funny, I'll tell you what. That boy rose Ring whatever the fuck he called himself. Now he responded bet like.
Speaker 1: An out that's a good cut and he was funny. But see, look how he's doubling down on it and then like accentuated part of this record. Yeah, he officially released his Why the fuck? What if Drake's whole shit is AI and he just like he can't clear it because it's not him, Like he can't use it. Why else would you release a record blast it out?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Not you, but you. He is not on any of his platforms, bro, what if that whole shit is AI? And then I heard a Kendrick joint that was dope as fuck. That was AI. I'm a player at the end of this podcast, right, it was AI idol.
Speaker 2: Man, I want to hear that motherfucker. Now a play it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put that the end here.
Speaker 2: I play for you.
Speaker 1: Look at this AI record, Bro, that shit is crazy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers might just be kicking back, laying up what they brought and they having the computer to make their record.
Speaker 1: So but I don't think they're doing the AI. Somebody else is coming up with him. But what if that's why his shit ain't on streaming services? Just listen.
Speaker 4: I mean, Drake claims to be Michael Jackson, but Michael Jackson never painted his nails or got his nails done, didn't he?
Speaker 2: And man, that's some decusson about him.
Speaker 6: Pup dropping down for that fifty, I'll give you two hundred. I'm too cunning. Come touch down the city. Let's see what teams wanted if you really would be stupid for choosing or about their Childerry that is full of re la goons. Ready for coonery, NIGGERA side seven is gonna be up for your eyes, a big step because of repping cup and doing with class. Ain't no gas there, my hood fucking nels would have passed. Wanna be Yanni so bad? You're partly topping for cash? What kind of man tell another man? Don't make me chipping now, Kendrick, I'm way bigger than you in Japan, can't you tell?
Speaker 4: Kendrick?
Speaker 6: The only thing that people want to know is Drake a real killer because of suppleminals towards next to meet you real nigga, you ain't never caught a body boy. If you're the closest thing to a porter party, let the niggas pissle on you. This industry is more than softy. All these fortifications bodies that you caught with porty shop recording on somebody's artifist. We're not gonna throw our suppleminals. I'll admitted the favorite rapport Trensy for sleeping with Dinny. Listen, I know the tension that's ensing.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 6: Wonder what he got punched. She kept scraping his teeth. He was eating his stick for lunch. I got the proof on the usbed trying me. If you want to apologize like cold and find where you are with stop, I'm never selling my Souda's why I sow two hundred p At least I can say I'm a man at the end of the fucking day sign I'm not shun Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: Over YO season, then we back the I keep it pulling Yomi. If you want to strike back, you know it's over YO season.
Speaker 1: And we back that defending. You know what I'm saying, like that shit scared.
Speaker 2: I have a technical question to ask. If AI is doing that, why the fuck even make another record again? Gee, we should be just somewhere just put your voice in that whether fucking just go onifaication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Ai, So the way it's working, somebody else is coming up with the lyrics, rapping them, and then they're voice swapping with Kendrick's voice, so it's still.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like, this ship is still your program around that, Like I've heard four songs come out that were AI songs. Then I'm looking at Drake's song. It's still not official, but it's on the radio, and they say, oh, they blasting out the radio. Then why is it not available? Because if you play a song on radio, right, if you play a song on radio that's AI, don't matter. But if you put that song on your on your on your streaming channel and it's not your song, that ship is a real different kind of lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Or is it? If somebody puts ship out that AI is an impersonation of you and then you use it, who's able to sue who? That is a tremulous.
Speaker 1: The lyrics, Yeah, lyrics and everything else, But you.
Speaker 4: Could sue them exactly the same way at risk of bigger damages to your own brand by impersonation.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Didn't hear that this ship is far exactly exactly you know, I genuinely think he's that type of mind as a pop superstar.
Speaker 1: He's not just some wrinky deep motherfucker. Cus studies this ship, so he knows what the claim and what not to claim? I'm telling you, why is that song not on streaming services? What if he's trying to figure out who wrote the song? What if he's trying to figure out how to silence to me? What if he's figuring out the PaperWorks No only Rose shit and then dot shit with future in them. That song, the dropping in Me fifty song, is not on any streaming service. It's not on his SoundCloud. If it wasn't about money, why it's not on his SoundCloud. You don't got to get paid from that YouTube. You don't have to get paid from that, Like, and this is what's fucking up battle rap for me, It's like, bro, what the fuck is going on? You know what I'm saying? Like, and then you hearing these different AI songs, Oh they're saying this is a real song. He's just saying it wasn't dope, so he don't want to claim it or that. It's like, Bro, this shit dumb?
Speaker 2: What thing it was? Bro? You know what, You're right, and I wouldn't doubt you, but that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Not on YouTube, not on SoundCloud.
Speaker 2: He put that back shit out quicking the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And at least it was on the streaming services, it's out. Why would you not monetize your your Oh well, if you're not trying to monetize it, why not put it on your SoundCloud and then have a feature where you don't get paid for it. Why would you not have it on your YouTube and turn off the monetization portion. Why would you not put it to where your fans could see you competing at the highest level. People keep making excuses, but I'm like, we're in the era where AI you can't claim the work if you didn't write it. Let's say he puts that shit on the Spotify right now and didn't claim to work that, Like you get what I'm saying. Like I'm telling you, Drake is that kind of brilliant mind or cunning mind like you're saying if you think he's the devil, he's that type of cunning and devious mind to where it's like, you know, he would definitely, you know, let the business be the business, and he for sure would want to stop Kendrick Future and Metro from having a record that's four weeks in a row at number one. Get what I'm saying. I'm telling you this shit is getting fun whack.
Speaker 4: That would be one of the most interesting twists. If the public at large accepts that and receives that as his disresponse and runs with it for a month or so, only to find out that it was like Joe Blow's ship through AI, that would be the most underrated story to me in modern hip hop.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you know what's crazy, but but it's saying some.
Speaker 1: Shit I've seen that I don't want to talk about that. We don't do that shit on no sellers want to do that gossip. That's not gossip. That's what we don't care what you talk about my nigga. I'm not talking about Louke talking about no nother nigga on this podcast. That's not what we do over here. We want to do that over here, big bro.
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 1: It's not that that is my homeboy. They both my home boys. But that don't have nothing to do. We don't really do hot topics and shit. We won't do bus This ain't the church store. Came by that shirt up in here. We have intelligent conversations about whatever it is. That shit stupid. Don't look at me like that, big bro. Hold that ship tonight. You're doing gangster chronicles.
Speaker 2: So I'm not I'm probably not gonna talk about that. That's not interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so don't bring that shit up on No Silings.
Speaker 2: I thought it was an interesting take though.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm saying not about this record, not about this record. Were about this. You then fucked up the podcast. You know what this shit over?
Speaker 2: No I'm doing it ain't good.
Speaker 1: Looking out for tuning into the No Sellings podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effects Podcast Network and Not Hard Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah