Speaker 1: Sing take it away so awkward.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, yes we're back. We're black brown and this should and this should should should many and are.
Speaker 1: Back in the black. Kelly is so happy to have her Beyonce back because singing lead vocal on our opening track and the QA, I'm like some honky who I like that word hoky. I'm gonna use that little ox. But so good to have you back. You've been going for a minute, girl, I'm still technically gone.
Speaker 2: This is that like brown ambition, but like I still have one more week off of my sabbatical where I'm not.
Speaker 1: Doing nothing and you stay true to it, like you're taking March off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, The next one is August. I was gonna take December off, but I have like a project I don't even know. Well, maybe i'll let you guys in on a news So I have the workbook version of Kicker Money coming out later on this year. But so because it's later on this year, I will not be able to take December off, which I'm like, yeah, so, but I'll take August off, but I'll be here in December.
Speaker 1: Well who needs January?
Speaker 2: I know, because you know, when you drop something, you need to at least plan them in the two months after that you're gonna be going hard on like book promotion. Okay, so probably won't be like February, so I'm like, but whatever. Anyway, how was Costa Rica Rica?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was amazing. It felt like a dream. We left Homeboy at home with my mom shout out love it at homeboy. Homeboy was at home, and there was a twinge of guilt, but honestly, like we needed that. I didn't realize how badly we needed to just be the two of us. We have not done anything like that since before Rio was born. Twenty nineteen, we went to Portugal for our baby moon. That was the last time we were like alone on a trip because you know, the pandemonium and all that, and it was divine. And the beauty of like knowing your partner for a decade plus is that you stop expecting them to travel the way that you want to travel. So we we had like the perfect Mandy like Manrique version of resort that we chose. It was like natury and boutiqued. It wasn't too big, it wasn't you know, which is not Enrique style, but it still had like pools and the little beach for me because I want to be in the sun for hours. And I was with a hat on. I'm gonna say, because.
Speaker 2: You don't look because you get brown, browner like you not as brown as you look normally.
Speaker 1: I know my nose got a little red the first day and I got scurred.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the black part was not gonna come through. You're like, hold on, I don't know my daddy's part's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Irish. Mandy was a Mandabella. She she came to It's the first ten of the year. Is rough, okay, The Costa Rican sun's a little intense, yes, So I wasn't trying to to bake myself to crisp. But it was just lovely. We just did nothing, but you know, really stay at the resort and eat really well and have conversations. It was so weird. And I remember and my husband like he opened up in a way he's a cancer and he's just who he is. But the way that he opened up at a certain point in our vacation, I was like, I've been waiting for.
Speaker 2: This, Oh yeah, because you know it was such a super sensitive but quiet yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like you know when you're with someone like that. You have to like fill in the blanks of like what they're thinking and all that, and don't be too put Remember we talked about the credit score thing and I was like, you better give me your credit score. You don't love me. He's like, back off, this is not how I operate. Anyway. It was just it was lovely. It was bittersweet to come home. Obviously we both missed Rio so much. But I'm already thinking about where we're going to go next on a little like solo Husbane wifey Vak. But okay, much, I wasn't as good as you. I did not stay off of the internet. I still check my email.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say, I check my personal email. Like I checked like, you know, the Budgeanista dot com or let me the budget.
Speaker 1: Well let me, I was about to tell y'all girl.
Speaker 2: By anyway, I did check my guest I know, but so yeah, so I checked that and I did do like, you know, some personal stuff. I was like, oh, I finally fitished my trust. It almost took like a year and a half, which is honestly pretty normal. Yeah, because there's all this back and forth, back and forth, back and four key you ad this and then so I finally, well, let me not say it's finished. The written component is finished because with the trust, it's actually not done until you fund it and you sign it. And so for me, I you know, so I'm waiting for Tony Tony Moore, my attorney, super dope black woman attorney.
Speaker 1: We love her.
Speaker 2: And so she just sent me the final I sent Itologeally, my financial advisor, to review, and there was just one last component when it came to the kids. So the kids are like anybody who I'm going to be leaving something to under the age of twenty one, So that's Alyssa Roman and my nephew, Amelia my niece, Lily my niece. And initially I left my siblings as the beneficiaries to those accounts that I've been setting aside for the kids. But then I thought about it, and just after Jarelle passed away and some things happened, and I was like, oh, I said, I want to make sure that the person that I leave the money to it goes to them and so and Tony knew that. So she was like, Tiffany asked, Angelie, this is why it's important to have You're gonna have financial advisor. And it turned that they're all talking together because Tony knew that, and she said, ask ANGELI, who's the beneficiaries on those accounts? And I had not thought about it because it's been a while when I open them, and she was like, I was like, oh, the kids, And Tony's like, remember what you said, not the kids, your siblings, you know, remember what you said. She was like, we can have the kids be the beneficiaries and we can have it in the trust that they did not get access to their money to their twenty five And I was like, okay, because that was something important to me too that I don't believe that you know, well, typically the state whoever will hold the money for them until they're eighteen, but I think that's too young, and so I wanted, like, okay, twenty five. And so that was the last component of the trust. So now I just have to update beneficiaries to everything to go into the trust. I have to actually put I have this home that I live in now, and I have the condo that I just bought. I have to change the title to the trust.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like so basically I have to fund the trust with the things I want in there that if something were to happen to me, it would go to the people who were part of the trust without having to go through probate or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So you're gonna fund it already, yes, So it's not like if I have so much when I'm gone, it's this percentage of that or whatever. You have to literally fund it now, yes, because and then can you add to it or you to add to it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So like if I buy another property, or like if I, you know, like have a bank account that's part of the trust, I can put that money there or I can have Basically, you make the trust the beneficiary. Like normally, when I was like twenty one, my mom was my beneficiary and everything, cause I'm like I don't know my mom, you know. And so now it's like, no, Tiffany's Trust is the beneficiary of everything. So on my bank accounts to Tiffany's Trust, my home Tiffany's Trust, everything. So if something happens to me, you know, the trust continues to hold what it already was holding, and the people of the trust will get access to those assets based upon my instructions. You know, like for example, God forbid something happens to me. Before my parents passed away, it didn't make sense to me for them for me to leave them a percentage of my assets, so I just left them a lump sum that was a good lump sum. Like my mom gets the same lump sum, my dad gets the same lump sum. Because then then the rest is really divided by my sisters, you know, because I no longer so I left also two like the kids alyssa Moment, Me, Amelia, Lily, they all get these lump sums. But really what's leftover gets divided evenly by my sisters. And then if I get married or whatever later I don't know, then I would just you know, relook at But as it is right now, that's what happens. What's great about that is that with a trust, all these things happen behind closed doors. Like let's just say I leave you know, fifty million dollars in assets. No one will know because a trust allows you to navigate behind closed doors, and it allows people not to say that you will inherit without having to pay taxes, but it helps you with the potential to greatly reduce your tax burden, you know. So you know that's so but it's a long process depending on how many assets, because I have to decide what do I want to have with the business. So the budgetista, I mean, I am the budgetista, so I put it in there. You would have to sell it, you know, because you know I think that like I have like you know, like it. So basically like I have to really decide what do I want to happen with all assets. Because I thought to myself, you know, thanks Jerrell and I had talked about so much of his finances, so I would say eighty percent. I was pretty clear about what he wanted. But I didn't want my family to have to guess because you know, Durrell had what I call normal people finances. You know, I have all these random businesses, and it's just like, so, what do you want to happen? And I don't want them to have to guess and tussle, and you know, and you always say like, oh, my family wouldn't, but you don't know, you know, grief brings out weird things in people, and I just didn't want to, you know. So it's just a little relief that like, you know, if something happens also too, It's like I wanted to tell my family if I'm not capable of making decisions for myself because I'm heart in some way, this is who I want to make those Here's who I want separate to make like I have my my sister Karen. Her husband is is a medical doctor, and I said, he's actually a disease and infectious disease like specialists. And so I was like, I want her to make my health choices, you know.
Speaker 1: And then Tracy, I want her than just a financial person because you can separate whole kit in kaboodle, yes, grown up what I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, for Tracy, I want her to make these chores. And then for this I want because I wanted to know. Oh my gosh, when I tell you, because the truth death, I've been ninety percent financially wholed for a long time. This was the last ten percent where I'm like, Tiffany, you're a state plan is not planned out, you know, like if something happens, you will literally leave your family in just such disarray because you just have a lot going on and it's a lot for someone to figure out. And I'm sure I've not thought of every single thing. But if I can get ninety five percent, you know, and so they can be like, well, at least we know this and we have candid conversations, you know. I remember when I was telling my sister Tracy, like, well, you know, I leave you in charge of making these and she's like, oh, I don't want to hear. I was like, you have to hear it, because I want you to know. And I told the other sisters too, so it's not like, well, what did Tiffany say, Well, remember she told us this, you know, and so yeah, so I bet I feel and then I made it, like you know, y'all know are already. I got my parents to update their will from when we were like ten. I was like, Daddy, this will says that I will go to uncle such and such if something happens to you, like I'm forty.
Speaker 1: Three, Uncle's coming exactly.
Speaker 2: So they finally updated their will, which is great. So yeah, but I'm glad to be back. Like y'all know, I went to I don't know if you know, but I went to Egypt for the first two weeks of my mom.
Speaker 1: That slip, and I wasn't sure but it was yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: But no, no, that's fine. But it was mean because like the likelihood. Although I did meet some I was lily walking. This woman was like, I know you are I'm trying to freak out. Yes at the pyramids.
Speaker 1: You word Africa though, so you know it was so cute.
Speaker 2: I was like what she was like, Oh my god, I love you so much.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that was so.
Speaker 2: Cute, wonderful, but it was Egypt was top three vacations I've ever taken. I know, I told you I loved Kenya and I did. Kenya was amazing, amazing, amazing, but Kenya was like amazing in the space of like the now. Egypt was like literally opening up your history book and jumping into remember the Magic school Bus with.
Speaker 1: Me's frizzle.
Speaker 2: Yes, it literally felt like I'm inside the Magic school Bus, like experiencing like is this a pyramid? It is a pyramid, like I can touch it, I can sit on it. This is the sphinx. I can look at it. I can I mean just to I cannot describe what it is to like know that like literally, this is not hundreds of years ago. These things were built thousands and thousands of thousands of years ago, and there were people who built this with such mathematical precision that it's lined up with the sun and the stars and the moon. And not only just that, not just mathematical precision, but artistic precision. I mean to see, like I just it is literally mind blowing how much is left behind that you think to yourself, like, yo, you think your house is gonna be here in fifty years? Probably not. This is five thousand years old? What type of material.
Speaker 1: By you guys? Use it?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that they're still here for us to see? And so much, you know, so much has been lost, but so much has been you know, preserved. And what I love too about Egypt is that you can reach out and touch history. I feel like if you go to like Mount Rushmore, you can't touch the statues, you know, but here you can like touch the pyramid. It's allowed, you know, Like you can go inside the pyramids, it's allowed. So I love how hands on the history is in Egypt. So we spent like we went to like it was two weeks, So we spent about three or four days and like four different locations, and so one of my favorites was this place called Aschuon, which is like the Hamptons of Egypt.
Speaker 1: It was gorgeous, the hand one of Egypt, the Hamptons.
Speaker 2: It was like the super fell posh, you know, but it was gorgeous and beautiful. We did like a three or four day cruise on the River Nile and like this, like I call the river boat. Oh yeah, so it was. It wasn't like it wasn't like the size of like you know, a carnival cruise, but it wasn't like the super small boat. So I just called the river boat. But to cruise the Nile, to see the sunset and sunrise on the Nile, oh my god. And then we went. I sent you those pictures made of hot air balloon riding and luxor which is really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yes, it looked like.
Speaker 2: A story book.
Speaker 1: Did you have to get up at the crack of dawn? Yes, it was. We were so tired. We had to get three ah Turkey and husband. That was our first trip together and he was like, bitch, I'm not kidding us. We joined the balloons.
Speaker 2: But it was so worth it. So because I did I did hot air blue writing in like Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is actually the hotter ballute capital of the world. But this was so worth it because you do a hot air balloon over the ancient ruins, you know, and it just honestly, it was just such an amazing trip. And I encourage everyone to Egypt. If it's not on your bucket list, it ought to be, whether your history buff or not. It's just this amazing, miraculous like it is the it is the seat of civilization, you know, like literally like this is where it all started and you could feel and see it. But I will say, if you do go to Egypt, it is not a I'm gonna go by myself or I'm gonna go without guided assistance. Certainly not that's super bustling, like Cairo is like New York on steroids. I mean, Cairo is like New York Times twenty honestly, super busy, super hustle, energy, super go go go so and you just want to be like safe. So I encourage people to go, Like I went with the tour, which was really great, and so.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask that must have taken a lot of the pressure off. Yeah, Plus you get the it's like I don't want to go to Egypt and not have someone telling me what I'm looking at. Yes, you know, because like I feel like I will waste because everything is historical. Yes, yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, and it's like so honestly, but this whole Sabbatico has been awesome.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 2: I know everyone is not able, but if you are able to take a weekend a week I'm taking this month and you know, August, I won't be able to take December, like I said, but that's okay, but like to take time away and it's not like to take time away for everything, and you know, like I still have to go food chopping, pay bill, you know, but meaning like one of the best things was being on social media. I can't tell you how free it is not to know where everybody's up to every second of the day. I mean, because you don't think about your like, oh, I'm wondering if such just has had the baby, how such is us?
Speaker 3: Dog?
Speaker 2: I don't even know these people. How am I keeping up with Yola? Everyone is a Kardashian, I didn't. You don't realize how much people's lives I was keeping up with until I wasn't. And I'm just keeping up with the lives of the people who are central to my life, my sisters, my friends. But you know, like a few people hit me up, like my friends were like, girl, I'm waiting for the Egypt pictures on Instagram. I said, you will continue to wait. I'm not posting them, you know, maybe months from now maybe if I feel like it.
Speaker 1: But I get the advanced copy like somebody I didn't many.
Speaker 2: He was I don't care about at last sent me my picks and so but I did because but that's there was a connectedness with sharing it with my sister group chat. Like literally, I have a group chat with my four sisters with my friend who asked because I didn't want to take pictures with the end of posting it for social media in mind, I just wanted to enjoy Egypt and take pictures because it was fine. Although I was slaying like maybe a special dress.
Speaker 1: Just you'll see them because the world deserves the world needs it deserves. Are you gonna get one? Get one? Because they're not expensive. I looked into it. No, that's I think that. I honestly I was. I told you they should stop selling that dress. It's the Tiffany now and no one else can have it. I have plenty of yellow dresses though, that's my killer. No, you look stunning, and I mean, yeah, it's just yeah, I'm and honestly you taking time off too. It gives me an opportunity. I mean obviously I was holding it down and BA land, but it makes it feel like, Okay, it's going to be part of the BA you know, like cadence now and you really set that presidence. I'm like, hell, yeah, let's take August to off. We can do this. Yeah, amazing, So on on my behalf in my family's behalf.
Speaker 2: No, we deserve because you can't keep go go go, go go go. You know, even if you can't take off from work or whatever, take off from social media. Anybody could take off from social media for like a week a.
Speaker 1: Month banding in Utah. Do you hear that.
Speaker 3: Now, Well, they passed a law that because there's actually, like CDC, there's research that obviously shows how damaging social media is to teenagers, and they just passed a law in Utah where now you have to be eighteen and up.
Speaker 1: It's like cigarettes to access it, except it's not like cigarettes because your parents can give you permission, but you have to like get your identity verified and all of that before you can even get on, like Instagram, YouTube, TikTok any of that stuff. It's the most restrictive ban I think out of all the states, and I think like California has some kind of rule. But I don't know. I feel like we're definitely and when the TikTok, I don't know, you probably missed all of it, but TikTok I did CEO was on, you know, getting grilled by Congress and stuff is on his way talk Talk talk out. I don't know. It's uh. I mean, it's funny because I understand that the national security issue and all that, but I'm like, what are we giving them exactly? Like I really like recipes that I'm never gonna cook, and I save a lot of them. That's like the information China will get about me. But anyway, it makes me think, like I don't know how you and Superman did it with Alyssa, but I and I'm gonna have two boys. But still like I'm I'm leaning more on the side of like really conservative with social media for my kids. So I don't really know how to feel as a parent. I'm like, we need something, but like total restriction, you know, until you're eighteen. I don't I don't know what the right answer is.
Speaker 2: I know the rule with Alyssa is that Jarelle and Chante said up for her was that she can't be on a social platform that they're not on and they have to have.
Speaker 1: Full access, like I'll your password and tell what like.
Speaker 2: And then also too, I need we need to be friends.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the other thing in Utah. Your parents get access to everything. Yeah, so if you get on it, they can access all your content, your messages, you know, everything that you're looking at.
Speaker 2: Because sometimes you try to post a little something cute, her little belly shirt out what she got snatched up so quick.
Speaker 1: We were all like all the aunties.
Speaker 2: I was like, screenshots, screenshot screen, I got somebody screenshots, I said.
Speaker 1: We said, I write to shant like I'm blocking everybody else. Say you won't or.
Speaker 2: You'll be blocked off ticktoxis, you know, and so yeah, because I mean that's really what you have to do, Like I mean, because you know, I mean it would be nice to say you can't use it, but then the kids will sneak.
Speaker 1: So you're not a thousand percent yes, but.
Speaker 2: Her mom is honestly like they have such a great relationship and so her mom is really good at keeping up with like the teen t if you will, because she works for the Water of Education and so like she's one of you know, you ever have somebody that works in your building and everybody loves them. They're like, we all love Missachisaj and they just tell all they business like and then I'm dating and then so that's her mom anyway. So that's the way she relay on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's the way she relates.
Speaker 2: So she'd be like, girl, I heard that Denise and Dennis are not talking, yes, and then you know, so that's how she connects to be like and that's why you can't go to that party. Yeah, So she's honestly, her mom was awesome. Like I tell her all the time, You're such an awesome mom, because it's not easy. Alissa is sixteen, and you know, like to be able to stay like I have this mam authority. Like for example, she was like, oh, my my friend who's seventeen is having a birthday, like weekend, she went to an Airbnb and she wants to all to come. I was like, sis, I what now at airbnb? So you can come back with a baby.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 2: I was like, girl, Draking is taken. I was like, uh, did you tell your mom? She's like I did. She was staying with me like for like the last week and a half, so of course I was having her that weekend that she was trying to go to this airbnb. I was like, you told your mom? She said, it's fine. I'm like, sis, I said, let's call her together. Like I said, I said, Listen could go to this airbnb. She said I did not. She's like mine, you said, I said no, no, you told me about it, And I said what she said, yeah, but you didn't say no.
Speaker 1: So well, I was like, not looking for a loophole, and so in the contract it was so obviously she did not go.
Speaker 2: First of all, when I looked at the Airbn meet girl, it looked like a trap house.
Speaker 1: I was like, first of all, who rented this? It's in newark On like D Block.
Speaker 2: I'm like, was it friends kids or yeah? Like seven like some her friend is turning seventeen or eighteen. Maybe Souselsta's sixteen turning seventeen, but she's young for her grade, you know, so.
Speaker 1: So either way, ready for those kinds of chats Hell to the now No.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, you know, your little girlfriends can come here whatever, but I'm like an airbnbsist for the weekend. No, yeah, no, And.
Speaker 1: That comes from I think the kids watching like MTV and did they watch TV? I sound so fuck at all seeing on TikTok like the group Vak's and like all that, which is all fun wait for college, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also too, it didn't even look I said, you're not gonna have fun there.
Speaker 1: That place looks ghetto. I was like, this is this, this.
Speaker 2: Is run down. I could see it like, you know, like the girl's mom had rented some beautiful place and blah blah blah. You know, but that's not the case here. So anyway, the answer was no, you know so, but that's why it's important you have those conversations, all the stakeholders, all the you know, like I have, like a really, I've always had a great relationship with Alyssa's mom. You know, it's even better now. Honestly, we're even closer now. And so I'm always like, girl, I don't even know why you're trying to cause it's a phone call away. We could text your mom at today exactly. But yeah, but this, I have to say this sabbatical. When I tell you so recharging, so resetting, I'm so glad I still have another full week. I'm just USA time. And it took me a while. So I was telling doctor Green, my my amazing therapist, like I feel bad because I'm not doing anything. She was like, doing nothing is doing something, you know, because I just feel like, you know, like I should be doing all this stuff. She's like, no, that that's literally the point, Tiffany, Like you next month, you can go right back to doing whatever. But like it's you know, you went to Egypt for the first two weeks, and then the last three weeks you've just been walking, reading, therapy, hanging out with family and friends.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: And so it's like it's a lot, that's the point of it. So it's hard not to feel guilty about not being quote unquote productive, but I'm really trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all need to like break that cycle. My therapist has the same things. And that's why, Like before I went on vacation, I was trying to pep talk myself, like sometimes all stress about not doing vacation, right, Like, am I going to enjoy it enough? I'm i gonna enjoy it the right way? Am I going to be on my phone too much? Like and even that, I was like, girl, just go and do whatever you feel like doing. But my favorite thing is silence. And this place was like had all these little nooks and crannies and hidden little pools and hidden you know, natury areas to go sit. And I read a whole book. By the way, if y'all need a good beach, read black Cake. You were talking about Inheritance, and I was thinking about the book I read. It's called black Cake. By dang it, I should have looked at the author, but it's really good. It's about a I don't know if she's actually they don't even mention what island she's from, but a woman from the island who leaves her son and daughter a cake in the freezer. Like they call it black cake, but I think we know it as rum cake and like all of her dirty secrets from her childhood. It's so good. So get y'all a good book, whether it's a bench at the park or somewhere. But yeah, I agree, And you come back to like springtime. I love that came back and it felt like things were blooming and my baby bump is blooming, that's for sure. How you feeling huge? We keeps saying I'm cute. I'm like, I hate the cute stage of pregnancy. You don't call me cute, no, but you do look really cute.
Speaker 2: I mean some people have a hard look when it comes for You're like Chad, But I'm like, really, your mother having glowy?
Speaker 1: Your hair is all cute, your face is all glowy. I mean, okay, I'll take it, but I will say as someone who I finally approached that age. Maybe it's a pregnancy, but I've never felt more confident in a bikini than I did on vacation this past week, never been heavier in my whole life, got this huge baby bump. But I don't know. I'm just feeling myself, and I'm like, I'm just gonna rock this because what choice do I have. I'm not about to be out here in pants in long sleeves like I want to be at the pool all days. So it was lovely good. Now you're here for your bad confidence. Please refly. Oh well, it's so good to have you back. Should we take a quick little break? Yes, we're just easing on into this and come back with brown boost brown.
Speaker 2: Break if we ought to yes, and we're back in black. I actually have a funny well, actually it's now it's time I forgot.
Speaker 1: I was about to say still.
Speaker 2: Break up boostop break up boostop stops.
Speaker 1: You go on booth, Are you going.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do? What you're going to.
Speaker 1: Pix?
Speaker 2: I have a super light boosty breaking, so I'll go first, and then I don't know what you have for a booty breaking. But so I got two things one and they're like both cosmetic. I think, you know, I'm not being paid, but I really liked it. So I my sister Lisa came over the other day and she was like, I've been influenced.
Speaker 1: I was like wow.
Speaker 2: She was like, I'm wearing this new almost lipstick my clinique. I had this little box. Just went to Alt today and buy it.
Speaker 1: Bought it.
Speaker 2: It's called black Honey, and the claims of fame is that whether no matter your skin color, you can wear it. It looks different and so basically it just basically enhances like your natural lip color. And I was like, so Lisa put it on and her lip color is like like slightly pinky whatever, and so like I was like, oh, and we went out to brunch and she was putting it on and this woman was like, oh my god. We were in brunch in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: It was a sister.
Speaker 2: She was like black honey. So the woman took out her black honey put it on and hers was like more of like a reddish lip club, so like her natural.
Speaker 1: So it enhanced it.
Speaker 2: That's like, oh, that's nice. So then I just bought it today and I have to say, I like it. This is I have more of a brown like, I'm like a brownish like with the undertones of red loop colors. So it just basically enhances like this is your lip, but your lip more lipping. You know, I don't know how to explain it. So it's like it's not a lipstick and it's not a chapstick, but it feels like it feels really nice like a chapstick. So I just was like, I like it. So, I mean, it's not true. It was like twenty three dollars but whatever.
Speaker 1: So at the going rate for a good tube of yes, but I just liked it.
Speaker 2: I was just like, okay, so you know, I'm super chock. Lisa is like like maybe like a medium brown, and the other lady was like someplace in between. And then I've seen it like on all different colored girls. But I love when a product it rarely. It's like the Traveling pants, the Sisterhoods, the traveling pants.
Speaker 1: That you took my jokey joke, So this is like traveling.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so clinique almost lipstick. It's called black Honey, and so I don't know, try it. If you guys are using it, let me know. I would love to see it on you because I love that it really just like you know, like it's your color, just like I don't know, like a more enhanced version of your color, which I love because sometimes like I don't always no, not all, but I don't. Also I like wearing like a like a like the like the lip like a not necessarily lipstick, but I like wearing like these lips stains sometimes and then sometimes I like chapstick. But sometimes you just want something where you're like I want something that's me like supernatural, but not just exactly my lip color, something like more enhanced. And the second boost is child So this is gonna sound like crazy, but let's talk about ziinas so it took me.
Speaker 1: We are there's nothing off limits. In fact, part of the reason I was late was because I realized I had my underwear inside out, so I had to put them right. And I'm pregnant and it took a while to get the leggings off and let it go.
Speaker 2: So when I was in college, I'm gonna say nothing. I'm gonna be careful not to like incriminate her. There was a young woman who just had like a very strong resigna older and I didn't know at the time. I know, and I realize now that it was uh that was it bacterial vagamosis or whatever that word? Yeah, BB, basically that's the right. So I didn't know at the time. It was just like and I didn't know her well enough to say because she was just on the floor, lived on the floor.
Speaker 1: And no, this is not me.
Speaker 2: But I remember thinking, I I grew up in to have My mom's a nurse, and I have four sisters, and so she was very adamant about teaching us this is how you clean yourself, This is how you clean yourself, you know, and especially like after we got our cycles for the first time, you know, Like, but I remember when that happened because she was this pretty girl and she didn't want to have like any boyfriends. She didn't she just had a really hard time. And you know, you're so young. I didn't know like what. I honestly just thought, well, don't you just clean yourself? And you don't, you know, But I remember it was then that I became super vigilant about finding the right thing to clean like myself, because I just remember being terrified that that's what happens when you maybe are not using the right so right, you know, and you tried all this stuff that just totally just like and you're not supposed to put down there. So I remember my friend who's West India put me onto this thing called debt tall, which is like literally like putting bleach. I was like, girl, Yes, it was such a strong Now what staying need a dead talp? They like detalp for everything. They use de tal to lie.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to like not use anything because you're you're unless I mean, that's a condition. You need to see a doctor, yes, so they say, but but I will say, so I've always.
Speaker 2: Tried, like I liked, I was using doctor Bronner's with set Pepperman be tangling in ways that feel like y'all.
Speaker 1: But I love the natural bacterium, I will say lately, I love this one.
Speaker 2: This is a black owned woman brand like back owned is that? And I think we've we actually had them, like, I think we need to get them back. This is our money, to our our producer. We need to get them back as people that you know, pay us for like ads. But I will say, honey.
Speaker 1: Pot, girl, honeypot, when I tell you, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: When they first brought us honeypot, it was the was it the pads they gave us, And I was not a fan, you know, like as a girl who wars pads, I've never used tampon like I was like, yeah, so then I never I honestly never explored anything else honeypot, until I think, I want to say, I think they sponsored us again or something like that. But they have a wash like a foaming wash, huh knee or squirrel because I'm super sensitive my skin everything, so I use the sensitive foaming wash everything, and then the wipes, oh my gosh, like and I use the sensitive wipes too everything, and then they have like a like a sensitive spray but when I tell you, even during your cycle, even after your cycle, when your least feeling your least fresh, You're like, girl, is this like it is honestly when I say life changing, because like I said, I'm someone who's just clean, clean, cleaning, but always felt like I could do better. It could be I mean it, I mean even after working out. Like what I love most about honeypot is the last thing effects because you do your thing, you know, use your foaming wash, you know, you wipe with the wipes, you spray, and then you can work out and then be done with the workout and you don't smell like don't.
Speaker 1: With the workout, if you know what I mean. Yeah, you know, and that's kind of like shower properly, yes.
Speaker 2: You know, but it just doesn't or just like before you even get home or whatever. But it just because usually that's when you're like, well this is natural, girl, I just worked out. It's just you know, but no, I don't know what they put in that thing that what sorcery. Her name is Beatrice, but it is amazing, amazing, amazing. Yeah, So like I use, like I said, my favorite is the foaming watch, which I use every morning when I take a shower, and even if I take a shower, I use the wipes, especially during cycle time because that's when you're most you know, not as fresh.
Speaker 1: And then that's one of my favorite pregnancy symptoms.
Speaker 2: And no way, and then I use this breastfeeding.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh two years no periods, sun me up for it. Oh really when you breastfeed, when you breastfeed, yeah, which does not mean that you can't get pregnant. Do not make that mistake because because we have a kids, met you together exactly, I'm not no Irish twins here, but yeah you do. I just will say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just have to say, honestly, honey pot, it's for the wind. I have never felt fresher like I've met there.
Speaker 1: We ain't getting paid for this, I know. I'm sorry. I'm not saying they need to, but it was.
Speaker 2: Just so good.
Speaker 1: I just had to. Like, I just was like, like this.
Speaker 2: Is when I was using that, I said, I got to talk about honeypot, because.
Speaker 1: That's right here. It's just too giffing out that shower.
Speaker 2: So and you don't understand, like I'm someone who breaks out for everything, like literally if I use a new lip gloss. My lips will break down if I use a new face, walk my face, Like I'm I have super I'm sensitive to I'm alert to black hair dye. I dyed my hair once and my whole heart story, yes, and so like I'm somebody who is hyper sensitive to everything. I guess that's why I'm so excited, because I'm like, everything makes me break out, everything makes me and so to be able to use this, and also that it's a black woman on brand, I just and I'm not gonna lie. They did her dirty when some random TikToker posted a video about like, hey, they changed the formula and didn't tell us, which is not true. They did, and they dragged her and almost destroyed her business, and I'm just like that, Yeah, it was really really really ugly, and I just was like, you know, you know that was wrong and two and it was also untrue, and so three, I know they're not paying us, but I just want to say, like, you know, I've met Beachess a couple of times. She's super dope and also too, like you know, it's it's the stuff actually works. So that's that's your little kudos. But Bencher's girl, let us sponsor, give us some sponsorship money, chet because I could talk about vagina's every week if you need us to.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good moment to call back our recent episode where we had a vagina doctor what was her name, that's not her actual title, but she got me following, yes, Jennifer something. What was it, oh, discover her, discover her or something like that. Yeah. Well yeah, anyway, it's an awesome episode. It was Valentine's Day, That's what it was, yes, V Day, the vagina episode. Please go back and educate yourselves, Okay, no matter how you identify.
Speaker 2: So that's my boost. Look, my boos deals with both lips and up to our our producer. Please do not use it as a clip because I was like, first of all during the V Day episod, so Imani had the nerve to use the clip where I was like, I pee on myself.
Speaker 1: I's just struggling body, so funny. Yeah, I had nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: I said, not the peepe confession as the clip for social media, but.
Speaker 1: Whatever, it is what it is. But I'm like, yeah, you to pick somebody else, so are you boosting or breaking? Well, let me go ahead and boost for the book that I found out the author. So the author is a black woman. Her name is Charmaine wuckle Sent Wilkerson. The book is Black Cake. I got it at Target in paperback and that thing looks like I use and abuse it. I read it so fast in the pool. But an awesome book featuring some really like strong black female characters. So if you're into that, definitely pick that book up this summer. And then my other, my other boost because I have mom brain. I need to go to my notes and you know, oh, I wanted to give a boost to myself because so I one of the things I did before I went on vacation was I did my first ever in person Mandy Money like I thought, which was a couple of weeks ago, but I want to mention it because I have just started. It's been a couple of weeks and I've started to get the emails like I met you there and here's this opportunity, and here's this you know, like the fun, the fun part and the reason why you sometimes do things for free or things that you're kind of scared of. But yeah, just shout out to that. And also I've found out about this conference I don't feel like through an ad on IG or something like that, or I saw it in an email, like a random email and I wasn't on a list of speakers and I checked them out and I was like, oh, April Ryan's gonna be the keynote, and she was awesome and it was local to me. And I just use my journalism skills. I've tracked down every organizer I could find, found them on LinkedIn, found their IG, found their email, hit them up everywhere, Like so I have this great workshop. I do it virtually, but I'd love to do it at your conference. And they just added me to the roster. Yes, just because I asked, and you know, put myself there, put myself out there. So yeah, for anyone. And I say it all the time, like if you're wanting exposure or experience public speaking, you can't. I mean, it's great when they come to you, but also like do what you can to make connections so that you know you can get a chance like get on a panel or you know, be seen. And I just told myself, this is a conference with hundreds of badass entrepreneur women, there's going to be someone there who maybe I could work with you know down the line. So it was such a great little event and I was just proud of myself.
Speaker 2: And you spoke to my dream Catchers when I was away.
Speaker 1: I did did they have any did they come to you and give you my grade? I was like, I have an out. Okay, you're right, You're right, You're right. No, it was so No, it was so good. I mean, I know they loved you.
Speaker 2: But I told my team, I said, unless it's Settle Boum myer Opraha, zon't.
Speaker 1: Hit me up.
Speaker 2: When I say I have no idea what's going on the business, I said, I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Well, Logan Rose, the whole team, especially Logan. I had a call with her. I talked to your SEO people while you were gone. They got it going on, you know they do. Please I trust them.
Speaker 2: They're good. I was like, no, that's the point. If I can't trust my team, what am I doing? So I'm like, I don't need a blow by blow whatever. It's cute when people hit me up and they're like, oh, like I think NPR reached out. They want to do like an interview or something like on a Saturday. And I was like, okay, you talking about was on sabbatical. I could do it and April, I mean it's dog don't get me wrong, but I was like no, because that's the point of sabbatical. You say no to everything unless it's Oprah, oh, Michelle Obama, you know. But other than that, I'm like now because then you start making allowances for all these other random things and it's like no, no, no, that's not breaking where breaking is about?
Speaker 1: So well, let me know you still got some time. We should we do another like Brown Ambition Summit at the at the Spa, because like, I got time this week. Just let me know. My back is. I got a I got a delightful massage in Costa Rica, but you know, the plane and a toddler. Three days later I needed again. I needed a can Oh. But yeah, I guess that's the show. Good to get back, Good to have y'all back.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week, y'all.
Speaker 1: Hey ba fam, we could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambition podcast is produced by Imani Crosby and Dennis Stanplinsky is our in house tech guru. I am your co host Mandy woodrif Santos and we will see y'all next week. BA FAM