Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty arm Strong and Jack, Katie and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: A senior White House official tells me that Maduro's quote overt arrogance, including his rejection of multiple offers to surrender and his public dancing, helped persuade some of the president's team that Maduro would not leave.
Speaker 1: On his own his public dancing. I got to mention that to my wife. Next time we're read of gathering where there's dancing, honey, probably better not look what happened to Maduro? All right?
Speaker 3: So Maduro put out a video of himself dancing at a party doing the Trump dance, like, oh yeah, you think I'm worried?
Speaker 1: Well, and Trump and Cump had offered him amnesty in a life of riches and just get the hell out of Venezuela. You gotta go. He said, no, no, I'm not. And two weeks later he's on the helicopter whoops. One thing I don't get, and we'll I have to talk about it later because you got a different thing to do. But one thing I don't get is how how in the hell do all.
Speaker 3: Those helicopters and everything show up and the rangers break in and all that different sort of stuff, and they're still in their bedroom.
Speaker 1: I don't get that sound sleepers. God, I would say they got the good soundproofing in the walls. They got the paid extra for the windows with the you know, the sound pack.
Speaker 3: We were listening. We had listening devices in there. And so I saw the thing yesterday with Secretary of War what's his name, Hegzeth saying the wife said twice, I think I hear planes? Do you hear planes? Said twice in the last three minutes between the.
Speaker 1: Doctor's layne, that's fine, apparently, wow wow.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: And I saw one video online where you could see fire coming from a building toward the US forces, like it might have been machine gun or small arms of some sort, but it was tracer so you could see it. And the response was instantaneous with what sort of missiles of black Hawk fires and that building went kerk blewie. Here's a hint, US comes to town. Don't fire back. It's gonna end really bad for you. Just lay down your arms, put your hands in the air. Were nice folks, We're not going to kill you, all right, don't shoot back anyway. Having said that, yeah, for ALLBA, we're as bad as Putin or whatever crowd.
Speaker 3: If we were put the guy would be dead. We would have killed him a long time ago. You think we would have arrested him, read him his Miranda rights there in his bedroom, and put him on a plane and you know, taken him to the United States for a fair trial.
Speaker 1: Does that sound like Putin? Right? And as if Putin looks for an excuse to violate international norms, shut up. Speaking of which, there are a number of Demcrats moderate saying Democrats who behind the scenes are saying, hey, why are you telling us all to be against taking Maduro out? He's a monster. They're bravely saying it behind the scenes. But at least you know there's some sanity still alive in that party. And to that end, you know, he was a kleptocrat and his regime is still in place largely. And I've got some really good stuff on why the CIA advised Trump, Look, don't decapitate the entire regime. The opposition does not have the mechanics, if you will, of governance in place. You've got to maintain order and have an orderly transition is gonna take a while. But if we throw it all up in the air, that's when you end up with a more Iraqish situation, even though there are real differences between the two places. But the mechanisms of governance are important. If it all goes to hell, then you have chaos. And so the CIA judge, No, you keep them a door loyalists in place, and we squeeze them, and we squeeze them and we squeeze them. That's the way to get this done. Yeah, Otherwise you end up with like well we had in Bagdad. We rolled in there, we kick everybody out, and all of a sudden, everybody's just raiding banks and there's garbage everywhere, and just I mean it was complete anarchy. Yeah, he's your favorite AI tool to look into. De bathification two a's de bathification wasn't a good IDEA nice job down Rumsfeldt anyway, So back to the nature of the madoration. She had an uber driver over the Christmas that apparently believed in de bathification. If you know what I'm talking, Oh, no, unpleasant anyway, Where do I start? How about this? From Beloved to Listener Jason, do we start with this or end with this? Let's end with this, So no, let's start with it. When I moved to Venezuela in nineteen ninety four, the inflation exploded and made it very difficult to buy foods, so we and several of the youth we were with, would forage for bananas and mangoes to add to our saltine porridge saltene porridge. Then President Caldera ignited constitutional rights. I think he means ignored, implemented price controls and oversaw. Annual inflation of seventy plus percent. Was under this free regime that the population was inspired to elect the communist Chevez. In other words, they elected a guy who turned out to be a kleptocrat himself as the winter storms of After the winter storms of ninety nine two thousand, Chevez confiscated the new build hotels along the Caribbean to how's the poor who'd lost to ranchitos on the hills. He also confiscated oil developments private land. In the media, these confiscations drove international investors out. When I spoke with the people living in the commandeered hotels, they thought Chevez was right to take claim over the investment properties. Since he was helping the people international money and investment dried up.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the sort of things that Momdani would like to do. Oh yeah, oh yeah, works over and over again. Fast forward to twenty twenty six. Chevez is gone now Maduro is also. But Machado is just a socialist. The people look to the government to protect and provide for them. She's not a freedom candidate.
Speaker 1: She's a socialist, just not the dictator type yet, although con she was like ran the police that are enforcement force, not law enforcement, but dictatorship enforcement. I think we're in for a long series of disappointments before we see a free Venezuela because they don't want it. They want softer socialism. Those that wanted real freedom left when Chavez ruled. Then another way, you've emigrated once Maduro punished them for speaking out. There's Venezuelan here in Idaho who has tried in his who was tried in essential as a trader to the homeland as a sentence over his head for life imprisonment because he spoke out for freedom. It's ugly. I've got a dozen personal stories that showed that this is far from zold kttptt OvR. There's an unfortunate word in here. Keep trying to polish the turd of Venezuelan reform. It's Jason. Thanks Jason.
Speaker 3: You know on the inflation, I was just reading in the Wall Street Journal. At its worst, inflation in Venezuela was one hundred and thirty thousand percent.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I comprehend by Hey, no, I don't. I can't even imagine the math on that one hundred and thirty thousand percent inflation doing the math. So today a big mac is seven dollars. Next year it will be fifty thousand dollars or more. Yeah, here's another point of view. This is by Nelson Marino. He writes, I was an active participant through Venezuela's twenty twenty four presidential cycle, which was won by mis Machado's appointed successor, and then Maduro just stole the election. But he served as an electoral coordinator, he writes, in the twenty eighth July twenty eight elections and fighting to prevent Madua from illegally seizing power. On July thirtieth, after he claimed victory, I was detained and charged with four offenses resisting authority, obstruction of public roads, incitement to hatred and terrorism. Sounds like some of those charges that like Europe and Britain and Australia are leveling on people for tweeting the wrong thing. But anyway, my stay in the torture center known as Torracone or Tokorone in Aragua State lasted two months, eighteen days and fifteen hours. Inside I lived through the greatest horror I can imagine. We were tortured. We had no access to clean drinking water and no proper food. Medical care was deficient or delayed, and our rights as citizens were trampled by the regimes lackeys. In Tokarone, there were more than one thousand people of all cultures, nationalities and ages, including miners. There were people from age seventeen years to eighty detained. At no point was due process respected. We never brought were brought before a judge. We had no rights, only what they called privileges and then he talks into Every two weeks, family members were allowed to bring a five liter bottle of drinking water, some packs of crackers and one chocolate bar. That's all. We were a humiliated forced to beg for a bite of food or sip of water. Six people lived in a single cell, no hygiene, no recreations, rotten, green, foul smelling, full of fly worms. Food.
Speaker 3: Uh now, to mention starvation and denial of water is underappreciated on its own as a torture mechanism.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. The guards that took our own in the regime they worked for are malevolent because they enjoyed every act of torture they inflicted. This was a place where abuse exceeded all logical limits of human cruelty. We were beaten with batons, stripped naked, forced into scorching pavement, electrocuted, deprived of food and sleep, denied urgent medical care. They woke us up by throwing buckets of cold water or urine on us. Oh my god, and you're starving. At times they banged on the cell bars in the middle of the night to startle us awake. Every day they told us we were guilty, that we were terrorist, murders and anti patriotic simply for opposing Nicholas Maduro's dictatorship. And it goes on and on. God, it's wild. You could.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the same thing that has happened in so many different socialist communist regimes throughout history, exactly the same thing. A couple of punchlines for you here, great story in the New York Post and Michael get sixty three and sixty four ready for me. Cops forced to separate pro Maduro protesters from joyous Venezuelans in a wild New York City scene. The NYPD was forced yesterday to separate clueless lefty US protesters who wanted Nicholas Maduro freed from Venezuelans and Cubans who were cheering the socialist dictator's capture as both sides clashed outside court. Several hundred demonstrators were waiving pre printed signs almost immediately after the abduction, reading free President Maduro in no word for Venezuelan oil. Meanwhile, the Venezuelans and Cubans were chanting and crying with joy that he'd finally been removed.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah bah. Progressive groups that had once denounced Meduros in human tactics were now saying he had to be freed. And here's a Cuban shouting, You're an a hole. You don't even know where Venezuela is at One of the lefty protesters, Marius Sue immigrated from Caracas a few years ago. Rage, they're not Venezuelan's, they're paid protesters. They don't speak Spanish. There's another fellow who said, you're not for my country, Go to Cuba. Eighty percent of you people don't even understand what I'm saying. You don't speak Spanish. Mfors.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many of those were printed by Russia or China, those signs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Well, actually one of the groups protesting, one of the big DSA type groups protesting are directly financially supported by the communist Chinese. Well that's that's one of our biggest weaknesses. So China or Russia, can you know, get the signs in the hands of literally useful idiots and get him out there, and then it's so such a division in our country because then you got a whole bunch of people, you know, watching Fox News who see that stuff and think liberals are look at the liberals, you know, it represents a tiny number of people who are dancing to the tune of the Russians. Might even be being paid by the Russians, right right, or the Chinese. Sure, no war for venezuela oil is a perfectly legitimate concern. If you think we're gonna have boots on the ground and it's all about oil. The up with Maduro stuff is insanity. Yeah, you are a jackass. You are a fool beyond description. All right, finally here's your dessert. You put up with all the torture talk and polishing. You know what's and the rest of it here is, ladies and gentlemen. Chuck Schumer just yesterday, and then Chuck Schumer in twenty twenty, back to back.
Speaker 5: The American people did not sign up for this kind of military adventurism. They wanted a president focused on America first, focused on lowering the cost of living. The president brags about his venezuela policy, Give us a break. He hasn't brought an end to the Maduro regime. The Meduro regime is more powerful today.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twenty six, Trump sucks because he got rid of Maduro. In twenty twenty, Trump sucks because he hasn't gotten rid of Maduro. Signed Chuck hilarious hypocrite Schumer. It's just the way the game is played, which is very makes us all very very cynical. It's a stupid game out at all.
Speaker 3: It is a stupid game, and I don't want to play it either. More on the way, stay here.
Speaker 6: Popular weight loss drug with Goobe is now available as a daily pill. Drug maker Novo Nordisk says the starter dose costs one hundred and forty nine bucks a month for people paying cash and buying straight from the manufacturer. That is two hundred dollars cheaper than the injectable version, making the pill more affordable option for people whose insurance.
Speaker 1: Plans don't cover the drug.
Speaker 6: Stronger doses will soon be available in pill form as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one hundred and fifty a month, which you know, if you're super overweight, you might want to, you know, cancel Netflix or whatever else and scrounge up the one hundred and fifty a month. And I spend that on ho hos every month. And if you have, yeah, think about that. And if you have insurance, it's like twenty five dollars for most people. So it has now become everyone can get it now. I don't know if the doctor lets you get a prescription.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the rules are in that do you have to still have to be like a certain amount of overweight before they leading let you get a prescription?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, do you Yeah, I don't know the status of that. Do you have to be diabetic, pre diabetic? Just have any I mean, for instance, my doctor could argue, yeah, when his weight goes up, his blood pressure goes up, and that's a serious condition, sleep apnea, which has all kinds of horrible things that it does to you. A great, great point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think a lot, a lot, a lot of people are.
Speaker 1: Going to be on these drugs. So and I've been saying that since they were invented. Well, and if I was an insurance executive, seriously, I'd say, anybody who freaking wants it, give it to them. Yeah, it's going to eliminate all sorts of expensive things we have to pay for. Hell, come to their houses and deliver it.
Speaker 3: As you person who has gained and lost a lot of weight, Katie, you have an opinion on this, Well, I was just there was an ad just released by with GOVI that they're using it for sleep apne.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then got that. Then it's going to be lots and lots of people.
Speaker 3: So will it have any effect on the thousand pounds Sisters. I wasn't watching this show, but it's on TLC and apparently it had a just a bang up season last year that everybody loved.
Speaker 1: Season two debuts tonight. Here's the promo fifteen Have you Names stopped fighting?
Speaker 7: Yet?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta stop it for their saying I'm sorry. Name of the show needs to be mush Mouth Sisters and their mush mouth friends. So we'll start this over again. But one of the problems seems to be I've been led to believe that this show is in English.
Speaker 3: Are they too fat to talk? Or what is going on here? Okay, let's let's try it again.
Speaker 1: Have you Names stop?
Speaker 5: It feels like we're drifting apart.
Speaker 1: Kes to be my best friend. We just assumed that Cammy being made of bond Tammy called Amy a dead beat mom. I can't handle her toxic ass no more. We really need to kind of get it smoothed over. Families are supposed to pull together. I'm not gonna sit here and have you feed me this blogey when I don't like belongee.
Speaker 3: So that's so, that is what TLC is really good at. Their hook is their dwarves. They're overweight, they're you know, they're child pageant stars, but they're really all a holes. So it could be dwarves who are a holes. Fat people are a holes, pageant people who are a holes in short, a holes. Wow, that sounds like horrifyingly entertaining. I don't think it's any good for your character to watch that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is either. I want to watch it, but I'm sure that it makes me a worse person to tune in. And by the way, that's misleaning to a thousand pounds sisters suggests they're both a thousand pounds. If it's a thousand pounds of sisters, that would be more you know, honest TLC. Who can you trust if you can't trust hilarious Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: There's been some that have been agitating in the Parliament to nullify the laws to.
Speaker 1: Remember Yah, stop that place. I'm sorry, we don't want to come back with that. We wanted to set that up and there we go, uh no where, everybody. What's important is not solving the problem. It's as signing blame. Who's the blame? So that the voice you just heard an exciting preview of was and totally intentionally was Chris Minz, who is the premier something like the governor of New South Wales, which is one of the states within Australia. Australia not only part of the English speaking world with which we're pretty close, but an important, important ally in the Five Eyes, the shared intelligence and a bulwark against the Chinese and the Pacific. The Australians matter to us as a guy who knows a guy who's very, very involved with the Navy and has been for decades. Our relationship with the Australian Navy is very important. Having said that, Australia, like Britain, has gone nuts with the prosecuting, persecuting perfectly reasonable free speech if they find that it could offend someone, mostly because they're afraid of their immigrant population. Here is Chris Min's the Premiere of New South Wales.
Speaker 7: There's been some that have been agitating in the Parliament to nullify the laws, to remove them off the statute books. Think about what kind of toxic message that would send to the New South Wales community, and I think the advocates for those changes need to explain what do they want people to have the right to say what kind of racist do they want to see or be able to lawfully see on the streets of Sydney. I recognize, and I'm fully sit from the beginning that we don't have the same freedom of speech laws that they have in the United States. And the reason for that is that we want to hold to get up a multicultural community and have people leave in pace free from the kind of vilification and hatred that we do see around the world.
Speaker 1: I have several answers to that, the most simple being it won't work. It will not work telling people they cannot express their pain dissatisfaction on happiness, even if it's nasty, illegitimate, stupid, unhappiness. Telling people you can't express what you think is wrong is exactly the wrong way to do it. Well, I read your goal.
Speaker 3: I retweeted that clip at the beginning of vacation, and I was happy to see the response by a lot of our followers on Twitter, just as horrified as me that anybody could have that attitude. It's just, you know, up in the United States, and you take this whole free speech thing for granted that apparently we shouldn't because there's plenty.
Speaker 1: Of people there.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, dude, And as always with anything, free speech, okay, Well, as soon as you go down that road.
Speaker 1: Who's deciding what is okay and what isn't? Who's making that decision?
Speaker 3: And why are they always right as to what is the sort of thing that shouldn't be said as opposed to this sort of thing that.
Speaker 1: Can be said. That was the second thing I would bring up to the honorable mister mens. I don't trust you, in fact, I don't trust anybody to have the god like king solomonesque judgment to decide what is an honest and protected expression of dissatisfy, dissatisfaction or unhappiness and what is not. I don't trust you to draw that line. In fact, I don't trust anybody to draw that line. Why because we've tried it roughly a million times as humanity, and it always goes wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, and then even if you got lucky and the first person or or panel that you choose to make those decisions you agree with, the next crowd is not going to be somebody you'll like.
Speaker 1: Well in the moment, someone could gain a significant advantage electoral, financial, whatever, But you know, keeping the thumb on that scale. It's just not hate speech exactly, but that could get the other guy elected. Chris, Dude, they're going to do that the first second they get a chance. How can you be such a naive, fool or afraid of your immigrant population that you believe that. How could you be that naive. I'm just astounded by that. He could just be afraid. But I think I don't know. I think he believes that. It's the situation in Europe. Yeah, they're just afraid. I just they are praying. If everybody keeps their mouths shut at the dinner table, there will be no arguments. Yeah, you know, metaphorically speaking, we don't have the same freedom of speech laws they have in the US, and the reason for that is that we want to hold together a multicultural community. Wow, So everybody first response is it will not work. Everybody being forced by the governments to keep their mouths shut is going to help. Yeah, great, great example, and there are so many of them. We could, you know, jabber on till our. You know, vocal courts were fried in Germany. Yeah. Yeah, you're not allowed to say anything anti immigrant because that might upset the immigrants and lead to the opposite of what mister Mims was saying. They're trying to accomplish their mister Mens, will have strife within our multicultural community. So don't raise any objection to rampant immigration from places that abhor our principles and ways of life. Okay, who's willing to go ahead and say those things? Your ultra right wing parties like the AfD, who are nuts, by the way, they are legitimately perfectly you know, appropriately speaking out against that sort of rampant immigration. They're also harshly anti us. They're also harshly pro Russian. You don't want the AfD. But if they are the only people because they're outlaws who are willing to express those uncomfortable truths that Chris Mins doesn't want spoken, that's where the people will go, You naive fool. Yes, So whose actual quote is you can have free speech or you can have multiculturalism. You can't have both. I got my choice already. Do you want a minute to think of No, I'm good, I'm ready. You know what folks? Uh, Well, my little half humorous knee jerk reaction there may have amused us. All. Let's let's take the humor of this and just take him at his word. Take that at face value. Can you read that again? You can have free speech or you can have multiculturalism. You can't have both. Holy h I know that's an asse. That's not chairman she, I know that's an asse.
Speaker 3: I didn't think i'd see this in my lifetime, where we had to re argue the whole free speech thing in Western civilization.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, in the English speaking world, the Magna carta people, the common law people, the rights of Englishman people. The king may not enter your cottage without a warrant. People are now saying we can either have free speech or multiculturalism, but not both. Seriously, Chris, and I wish you could hear these words. You won't, but I wish you could. You have betrayed virtually everything that has built the post Enlightenment Western world out of cowardice or desperation. And I'm sure you're a nice fella. In fact, I'll bet you are, but you have wandered so far away from the sacred principles that we hold. Dear, you have become a monster, kind of a soft, accommodating, apologetic monster, which is kind of an interesting thing to contemplate. Isn't it somebody who is so soft they have become a monster. I was trying to find that quote I brought us yesterday from the leader of Italy, what she said about if you're bothered by our Nativity scenes, you need to get out. Yeah, this is not the country here. It is Italian Prime Minister Georgia Maloney, who I like to Third world migrants. If you feel offended by a crucifix or a Nativity scene, then this is not the place where you should live. We will defend God, the homeland in the family. That would absolutely not pass that guy in Australia's oh no rule, No Hey, and Chris Chris Mens. If you think she's wrong, how about you use your free speech and tell us why and convince us, and then your idea will win the day and we will know how to respond to her for the rest of our days. How would that work? I think it works pretty good. Quick break, you know a word from our friends from Prize Picks. Whether you're starting a new routine for the year, or maybe you're making player picks for the first time with Prize Picks, trying something new is intimidating, but it's easy on Prize Picks and it feels good to be right. You get your high pressure playoff matches on the football field every weekend Elite hoops action almost every night. The action never stops. This is what I like because I'm lazy and I don't know what I'm talking about. You can share prize picks with your friends and copy lineups from winners with a single click. So you copy lineups you like or use them as an inspiration for your home peaks. Like somebody who's good at this, I'll use their lineup if I don't know about these particular games or this particular player. You can even follow Prize Picks partners like like us or Tail and fade. I don't know what that means our picks with just one click just to read it on Prize Picks, how he plays up to you. If you want flexibility, choose flex play, where you can get paid even if one of your picks misses. If you want the biggest payouts, go for the power. Playing about how you play Price Picks is a great way to put your takes to the test. Just pick more or less on player stat projections. Is that easy? Download the price picks after today, use that code Armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code Armstrong to get five bucks. I'm sorry, fifty dollars in lineups after your played just five dollars prize picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right one of the Well, there's so many amazing things at the World War Two Museum in New Orleans that I attended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm so hot to try to go to it. But the whole wing on the Holocaust and the rise of anti Semitism bit by bit and everything like that. And I got to tell the story about inappropriately running through and Frank's bedroom, which was an unfortunate situation that I ended up being with a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of people, you know, practically in tears standing around the recreation of the room.
Speaker 1: They all hit, and I ended up with the burden of Damascus. I needed to go to the bathroom. I mean I needed to.
Speaker 3: Go now, oh no. And I knew this was not the right wing of the museum to be in when this happened, but I ended up like, excuse me, excuse me. I got to get through here with a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of people who were in the reproduction of that room that they hid in in Amsterdam for the Frank family and all the pictures and then you know the how she died and they family died, and pictures of people who are skeletons and stuff like that, and it's very solemn. But I'm like, excuse me, I've got to get through. Reminded me running coomfortably of when I was a third of the way through the Holocaust Museum in Washington, d C. And I realized, I'm going to miss my flight if I do this whole museum. So I rushed through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I my situation was, I was telling this to my nieces ones. That is very Larry David. You can almost hear the music, the bump, bump, bump, but bump. But people in there looking at me like, what are you doing? This is and Frank's bedroom right tragic, right, Yeah, I get.
Speaker 1: You, guy, but I have got to go to the bathroom. Oh boy, I'm sorry to hear that it happens anyway, Well, what was my point with that?
Speaker 3: The lead up to anti Semitisms? And I said, oh, anyway, Uh, watching how that grew and grew and grew, you know it fits in with this whole free speech thing by little by little, just to try to avoid the uncomfortableness of addressing it. I guess it just it gets worse and worse.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, keep it underground. Yeah, let that build underground without being able to confront it. That's our strategy. Oh my lord.
Speaker 3: Well, and the worst ideas with the most violent people are the ones that.
Speaker 1: Will be expressed because they don't care, like you were saying earlier, right right, And people turn to them because they're the only people who are expressing what they feel. Right, my god, it's a terrible, terrible thing. Speaking of underground, you know who's underground. The Cuban regime. They're like thinking, this bunker ain't deep enough. Can we build a deeper one. They saw what happened to old Maduro, and and what a great indication of how illegitimate the Maduro regime was. But Douro was being protected by Cuban intelligence agents because he didn't trust his own people. Well, the Cubans know their next. In fact, little Marco is openly saying you're next. So how that unfolds will be interesting to watch.
Speaker 3: Also, America is finally tipping its cap to one of the greatest inventions in human history, the guy who came up with the little arrow next to the fuel pump in your car, gauge of which side is the tank on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, whoever you are, thank you, Sarah. I read a long piece about that. It's really kind of funny. Among other things. On the way stay with us, how y'all doing.
Speaker 3: I was getting back to regular life happening for you, assuming you got a little break. I remember when I was younger, I didn't really get any breaks during any holidays. So I would be angered by listening to some DJ say this, but angered if your kids were out of school and you had a little time off, you know, getting back in the swing of things. I'm happy to the older I get, the more I like my routines, definitely, and I wonder why that is.
Speaker 1: Their brain works that way. That's pretty common.
Speaker 3: I think I wanted comforting when I was younger, traveling man, I hated to come home. I wanted to stay out there doing the stuff. Now I want my own bed, my own routine, my own everything, my own bathroom. So Trump's still speaking. He's addressing the house GOP member retreat, whatever that is He's standing at a podium and with a bunch of American flags behind him, and he's been talking for like an hour or so when UH executive producer Hansen says, this ninety seconds or so is pretty entertaining.
Speaker 4: My wife, by the way, my wife hates when I do this, she said, you know, she's a very classy person, right, She said, it's so unpresidential.
Speaker 1: The dancing, I said, but I did become president somebody. She hates what I did.
Speaker 4: I said, everybody wants me to dance girling. It's not presidential. She actually said, could you imagine FDR dancing? She said that to me, and I said, there's a long history that perhaps she doesn't know, because he was an elegant fellow, even as a Democrat, right, he was the attack by Japan. You know, he was quite elegant. But he wouldn't be doing this, but nor would too many others. But she said, Darling, please, the weightlifting is terrible. And I have to say this. The dancing they really like, she said, they don't like it. They're just being nice to you. I said, that's not right. The place goes crazy. They're screaming. Dance please, said, but the weightlifting, but no, the.
Speaker 1: Girl gets up. Now he's mocking transs.
Speaker 4: And you see, I want to be more but I have somebody watch it.
Speaker 1: I want to be more effusive.
Speaker 4: I want to really yeah.
Speaker 1: Like he gets wow. That is the improv in La Wow.
Speaker 3: First of all, it is kind of funny. What do you mean it's not presidential. I've been elected president twice. I kind of by definition makes it presidential. And then he's doing the arms thing, showing the dance. But and then if you've ever seen him do the trans weightlifter thing, and he pretends he's trying to lift a bar up. But it's what Joe tweet texted me one time during the vacation. I don't remember what was going on, and it could have been anything. What an interesting dude.
Speaker 1: I mean he is.
Speaker 3: The strengths and weaknesses of that guy and the talents that he has or doesn't have, just one of the most amazing combinations in the history of the planet.
Speaker 1: It may have been his announcement of the Maduro thing, but it was by turns brilliant and embarrassing. But you know, he is what he is speaking of our transgender friends, a mini trans gender bending madness update next hour.
Speaker 3: I when you were talking about the multicultural thing, or we're having that conversation versus free speech, I was thinking this. I had this experience while I was on vacation. As I mentioned yesterday, I took about nine thousand uber rides or lift rides between San Francisco and New Orleans, and then even in Wichita, and the completely different experience of having somebody who speaks English or not, or who's from.
Speaker 1: There or not.
Speaker 3: I mean, you are going out of your way to be multicultural if you tell me that it's better to have somebody who's not from there and doesn't speak English.
Speaker 1: As you get in the car and you try.
Speaker 3: To say something to them, and they kind of smile and make it clear that they don't understand a single word of English. As my son says, how have you lived here for years and you haven't picked up a couple? I mean, yeah, hello, goodbye, good nothing. But I land in New Orleans, for instance, one of those towns that every single uber lyft driver I got was from there and spoke English, and we'd have great conversations about where to eat or this or that, or what it's going to be like tonight or why it's so colden, what the weather's light.
Speaker 1: And everything like that. It was so nice.
Speaker 3: It was a combination of friendly, helpful, for safe feeling, all these different things.
Speaker 1: And if you do sound like a bigot to me, right, if.
Speaker 3: You tell me you don't think that's better, then when you get in the car and it's somebody from a different country who doesn't speak a word of English, you're just lying for some sort of.
Speaker 1: Weird political purpose. Oh yeah, Well, if there's xenophiles, the idea that all that is foreign is wonderful just and shouldn't be questioned. It's xenophilia. I love saying to people. Okay, so if you were in that guy appears to be from Pakistan. If a Pakistani gets in an uber car and that the driver doesn't speak any of their language and they can't communicate with them at all, you think that's good. That's beautiful. What if the driver can only speak English? Is that good?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Because of a settler colonialism, that's when you just shop. I'm right upside the head. No, don't slap anybody.
Speaker 3: I admire somebody coming from this country working hard. I don't want to like ban people whatever. But if you'll pretend that it's not a better experience to have somebody who's from there and speaks English, you're just a liar, right right, Shit, we got a lot more on the way, and if you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty onto Me, Armstrong and Getty