Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and Pee arm drawn Y live from Studio C Signor deep within the stinking bowels of the Armstrong and Giddy and Tormation Complex, on this Wednesday, the seventeenth of June, the Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty six. Jack is on the way and we'll be here in moments to discuss the news of the day and the enduring issues the face America and mankind. I have totally lost track of the time I was waiting for I was waiting for Jack to show open the studio and then I'm like, okay, we're about to start, because you know, we run like clockwork around here exactly and you're not a paris. I totally completely lost track of the time. The title of the show is you make the title. It's People's choice Deal or no Deal. That could be one of them, and the other one is I don't know, dropping truth bombs on your head. There you go, right on your head. Oh that's perfect because that's what Trump threatened me. Is uh, we're gonna go back to dropping bombs on their head? Is there any he said that just a little bit ago in France. Is there anybody in the world that thinks that that's a possibility. No, including the people that were at war with using my finger quotes. So they don't believe that. So don't don't You're you're.
Speaker 3: The parent in the grocery store that I hear in the other aisle saying for the fifteenth time, you better stop, you better stop, as the kid does all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh another threat, You're gonna bomp drop bombs on our heads? Are you? Oh? Boy, here you are? Yeah? I don't know. How does he not get that? Also could have made reference to Russia on the rocks really interesting the situation happening in Russia. How about the fire they've Russia fired on a British boat in the English Channel. Did you follow this story? Yeah? Actually I talked about it when you were briefly out. Yeah, they sent a shot across the bow. It was clearly a warning shot. But still that's crazy. Oh yeah, yeah. Angians for Israel h boarding a Russian shadow Fleet tanker apparently, and there's a lot more too. Some Russian guys and the hirees of Russia were just found guilty essentially or or indicted for a bunch of arson attacks directed at Keir Starmer and his property. Meanwhile, Russia is printing money so fast to deal with their crushed wartime economy that inflation is about to go hyper bad. And then and Putin's getting more and more pressure from the elites. If I were those elites, I would stay away from windows opener otherwise. But yeah, things things are building there in Russia. So we'll talk more about the whole war with Iran. The details of the peace deal continue to leak out. What's true and what's not.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say, but, like we're saying yesterday, if there's stuff favorable to the United States, you'd think we would say that out loud. You wouldn't think we'd keep that quiet. Seems pretty weird. I saw JD. Vans on a couple of different shows. We'll play the audio for you say, there's a lot of moving parts, and there are reasons of sensitivity with a lot of the Arab nations on why we can't. I want to get this stuff out right away, but there's sensitivity with the Arab nations up I don't. I can't tell you. I personally understand exactly what's going on, but with the sensitivity, we can't allow this. Well, it'll be out today or certainly by Friday, or right after the deal is sign will announce Okay, I'm not an it someday I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 2: I'm not an idiot. Nobody's despite the evidence, Despite the evidence you could put on a chart, they would show him an idiot. The world is not an idiot when when you're you're making up all kinds of reasons why we got to sign the deal. Go ahead, sign some deal with somebody for a house, for a job, for anything.
Speaker 3: Where I can't I'd love to give you the details. There's sensitivity with a lot of different things. But you just sign this and then we'll you know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's the message, essentially, we've got to pass it to know what's in it, pretty much.
Speaker 3: And then he used a I didn't catch it till the second time I heard it.
Speaker 2: He's a lawyer. Lawyers choose words carefully.
Speaker 3: And he said, look, a lot of the stuff that's floating around is just not true. There will be no American taxpayer dollars that are going to go to Iran. Okay, doesn't have to be American taxpayer dollars money. Is Iran getting money before they do anything that we wanted them to do around the nuclear deal. The answer to that question is yes, they are going to start getting tons of money right away with the hope that they follow through on the nuclear deal, which makes you, guys.
Speaker 2: Chumps wow, strong stuff and accurate. On the other hand, there is no other hand. Well, on the other hand, Trump says that these new leaders are reasonable guys, and they're.
Speaker 3: Pretty nice guys. Jd Vance he literally said that. Jd Vance said, we played it twice yesterday. I think it's astoundingly ridiculous. The Reul Revolutionary Guard has come to the conclusion that they were making a mistake all these years pursuing nuclear weapons. Oh, I don't believe that, not even the tiniest bit.
Speaker 2: No. No, Trump Advance, Well, Advance is doing what Trump wants. Trump wants out.
Speaker 3: He's willing to make any deal to get out. I don't see how you can say we won the war. I think we lost the war. They're dictating terms to us. Iran is dictating terms to us that we will accept that you know who does that the winner of the war.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True. The headline from my favorite foreign or global politics geopolitics writer for the Wall Street Journal, Iran is returning to nuclear talks, no longer afraid of America. What do you think of that? Look, it's accurate. Yeah, yeah, what you just said needs to be engraved in stone or perhaps just wax to save money. But yeah, Trump is so desperate to a deal. He's letting Iran, you know, dictate the terms loyause he can semi plausibly claim that he has deterred their nuclear ambitions. Right, anyway, Might it turn for the better? Yes, and I certainly hope it does. But oh, there's a couple of guys who are not suffering from Trump dearrangement syndrome. This is highly disturbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more details out on that crazy terrorist plot, domestic terrorist plot with the drones and the dudes with the snipers and all that sort of stuff. Cash Betel came out and announced yesterday and made the Secret Service anger because they said, hey, you know, we haven't arrested everybody, so we were keeping this quiet so we could go ahead and catch everybody. And now you've announced it and we'll never catch these other people, so uh yeah, yeah. Meanwhile, I'm glad you brought that up. Where'd I read? This doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: The White House is now going crazy over the question of leaks from highly classified or private meetings. For instance, the stuff that Maggie Haberman and what's his face reported to Jonathan's saw exactly, the black Swan event, Jonathan Swan, the uh the very close meeting about what to do about the Epstein files. I mean they have who was sitting where, who was on the speakerphone, who said what allegedly? And the White Houses is pissed because that's some serious leak. And you gotta look at the guy who, just, according to the Secret Service, who Lord knows, have a bit of a checkered past. You gotta look at the guy who just wildly, improperly just leaked something because it was exciting and made his agency look good. Cash Ptel is a guy who leaks a little like that Cliff we used to play.
Speaker 3: Anyway, some of the details on the Saras plot are worth talking about. They're pretty exciting. Thank god they stopped it. How how close it was to actually happening. And I heard a bunch of reporting around the idea that it is not a sophisticated plot. I mean, these are the people always say the Keystone cap. Okay, right now, how good a plan was? I'll show up the fairgrounds, climb up on a roof right in front of everybody with a rifle and shoot the president. How good a plan was?
Speaker 2: That? Not very good? And that's why some people have to believe it's some sort of conspiracy. And if the president can't comprehend an idiot with that idiotica plan being half an inch from the success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that. But he almost told the history. He almost pulled it off, and that wasn't you know? That wasn't the most brilliant plan anybody's ever had.
Speaker 2: So we've we've lived a couple of years between the two of us, and if it's a question of malfeasance or incompetence, incompetence is usually the answer. Yeah, getting back to the plot just briefly. One of the guys who's picture you saw everywhere, bald headed dude with a beard, five ten two sixty, rarely left his parents' basement, apparently spent all his graduation money on his armaments for starting a revolution. Two things. Number One, jackasses who think your spectacular attack is going to quote unquote start a revolution. I don't care if it's nineteen sixty eight and you're in the Black Panthers or you're the weather Underground, or you're Tim McVeagh, or you're this fat idiot. It's not going to start a gd revolution. People are going to be very sad about all the innocent people who were killed. You will be executed or living a cage for the rest of your miserable life, and the revolution won't advance an inch, you stupid, stupid idiots. Second thing is a guy's five ten two sixty. I am five ten and a solid sixty pounds less than him, and today, because I'm flirting with being in the one hundreds again, lost a little weight. I put on one of my large T shirts and it's not loose, but I think you can agree I can get away with it. My moves are straining slightly at the fabric, but only slightly. And this is very important for me because Jack knows this about me. I'm the world's biggest swag ho. If I go to a ballgame or a concert, or a civil war battlefield or a you name it. I come home with a T shirt and I have dozens and dozens and dozens or really cool large T shirts that again would be uh, it leaves too little to the imagination if it's on them. So I'm very excited about my weight life.
Speaker 3: But you might be able to start wearing them again, so that'll be Yes, that's what you're exactly. Yes, that's the carrot of the weight loss, which would be a good thing to eat because it's healthy.
Speaker 2: For the record, wearing a usss ssssss SSN rather sorry submarine ers seven to seventy five the USS Texas, which was a submarine my brother served on and I was privileged to visit a couple of times. Cool. Yeah, we got a good opening clip. So let's start the show officially.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this How did they already get to be I don't even know the date. It is Wednesday, June the seventeenth, or twenty twenty six war Armstrong and Getty, and we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: Let's begin squeezing into the T shirt of Truths, even if it's somewhat uncomfortable. Precisely according to FCC rules, and rags at Mark.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Saul Goodman.
Speaker 2: Did you know you have rights?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 4: Sure, they're old timey, they were written by a bunch of guys and powdered wigs and knee socks fory, but believe it or not, they're still surprisingly relevant. Your rights include, but are not limited to, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, freedom against unreasonable searches and seizures, etc.
Speaker 2: Et cetera. Wow, you lucky so and so, Look at you.
Speaker 4: You got rights coming out the wazoo, all because a whole bunch of good people two hundred and fifty years worth, sacrificed everything they had for this awesome wallpaper behind me. No, your rights, and for the love of Mike, don't ever give them up.
Speaker 2: I'm Mike, and I approved this message. Better sall reference there. Love that from Bob oden Kirk.
Speaker 3: If you ever saw either the original or the sequel, better call Saul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that lawyer character, very very good. Good for him standing up for the rights that we have.
Speaker 3: I love that. Way to go, Bob. You don't hear that out of our entertainment industry that often. We've got the headlines from Heather Myers, and then we'll get into some of the details on a variety of things. Wall Street Journal claims they've got some of the details of the MoU memorandum of understanding. They don't look good. Is there anybody calling this good other than JD. Vance in the President anyone?
Speaker 2: Anyone come across it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, lots on the way, stay here.
Speaker 3: Just came across a great economics thing about the affordability problem in America, among things we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Heather Meyers, Heather.
Speaker 1: Well, The Morning, Joe and Jack, and the story with Trump and Iran is being covered in very different ways. This morning. ABC News says G seven leaders support and ready to contribute to US Iran MoU. CBS News says this more Israeli strikes in Lebanon, confusion over straight of Hormuz ahead of signing, and Reuter's Trump threatens to resume bombing campaign if Iran does not behave Yeah.
Speaker 3: And nobody believed that threat is real. And yeah, the European countries don't mind if we do a bad deal with Iran because they don't care for whatever reason, Iran gets a nuclear weapon obviously, because they had no played no role in this and they're not going to.
Speaker 2: Get nuked because they're entirely passive now on the world stage. They don't care what bad actors do.
Speaker 1: For Fox News this morning, major League Baseball softens after warning to Christian players sparked a conservative firestorm.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was very disappointed on special report that they reported on this story last night but didn't mention all the times Major League Baseball had permitted players to write messages on their caps in the past.
Speaker 1: Previous news, Hillary Clinton said former President Joe Biden made a terrible mistake by writing for reelection in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, she's right about that. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Writers is saying this this morning that warsh led fed expected to keep interest race study from the AP. Federal government seeks to halt the first US reparations program for black people.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she mean me that.
Speaker 1: And this is a small town in Illinois where so far people have been receiving reparations payments and the federal government wants to put a stop to that.
Speaker 2: I have I'd love the twenty five thousand dollars. I love to know the details of that who they picked? How you qualified for it? Where I grew up in Illinois? Heather, Do we know what town that was? Was it Stupidville?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Only, yeah, a bunch of half wits and only please stupid Hill? All right?
Speaker 1: From NBC News, Florida couple in IVF clinic's embryo mix up. We'll keep the baby who is not genetically theirs.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's such a tough thing those cases.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: New from Fox News. They're saying this morning, new chain dethrones Chick fil A in customer satisfaction rankings for the first time.
Speaker 2: Oh, you got any who beat out Chick fil A in and out?
Speaker 1: So any guesses?
Speaker 2: Oh? That in and out was the only guess I had.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no Jersey mics, they say.
Speaker 2: Jersey Mikes. I'll be damned. I've never had the pleasure. Yes, okay, well I'll keep that in mind if I see us.
Speaker 1: Sign Speaking of fast food, and McDonald's is serving fried apple pie again for America's two and fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Fantastic caution filling maybe hot. I was in the McDonald's the other day. They have a couch in there now wild Wow.
Speaker 1: And finally it's Party from the Babylon B MLB rebrands to MLB t Q Plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll catch up on a bunch of different news stories coming up, including the big ones. So stay here. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 1: Demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Have I read it well? I've been reported that it includes three hundred billion.
Speaker 5: Dollars false false false. People are people you can invest if you want. I mean, what are we to do say nobody's ever allowed to invest? Now, we're not invested. We're not putting up ten cents and people can decide to do that, but that's up to them. I mean, do you want me to say nobody's ever allowed to invest in a country?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mentioned that a little bit ago that I feel like I figured out what Jade Vance was up to say. People talk about Iran is gonna get money, They're gonna get relief before they do the things we want them to do. They're not getting one dollar from the American tax payer. No no, no, no, no no no, MMM.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have to be the American tax payer. Do they get to start selling oil immediately Friday? When they open the Strait of Horn moves every leak of anything about the MoU says they do, in which case that they then they start having money to start trying to get a nuclear weapon or build their rocket program back up or survive, and then.
Speaker 5: We're gonna start negotiating the nuclear deal.
Speaker 2: This seems insane, right, Yeah, we'll take the pressure off then start negotiating. Uh. And and this is less skepticism than just curiosity. There's allegedly a big giant investment fund funded by the Saudis that Iran will get access to. But when, at what stage after they perform what tricks? That's you know, that's a critical question that's you know, related to at what point do the incentives kick in?
Speaker 3: That's the question across all of these these right, Well, let's hear more from President Trump. This is in the last couple of hours over there in France.
Speaker 5: We are not investing in it, and we do not have a fund.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: If they do it, fine, but I would say they won't be doing it for a while until they find out the behavior. It's a behavior thing, but we are not. That's a false story that got picked up incorrectly from a statement that was pretty well made. I think maybe a little bit could have been a little more accurate, frankly, but it's a we are not investing ten cents.
Speaker 2: There's a real easy way to fix this problem. Release the details of the agreement that we've made with Iran. That makes no sense that you're keeping this a secret other than to hide a bad deal. Explain to me any other reason. Yeah, just like yesterday, the editorial boards of the big newspapers are saying, essentially the New York Times, it looks like a duck. Wall Street Journal, it quacks like a duck. And you know the New York Post is it is a freaking duck. Well, here's Trump with a threat. You think the Iranians take this threat to hard? Do you think they're shaking in their sandals when they hear this? Actually the agreement now final? Or are you still no?
Speaker 5: It's a final. It's a memorandum of understanding. And if I don't like it, we'll go back to shooting at them, dropping bombs on the head if I don't like it, if they don't behave we'll go right back to dropping bombs right smack in the middle of their head. Okay, because they've misbehaved for forty seven years, all right.
Speaker 2: I don't think they feel that threat. I love Yuroslav Trofimov, the musically named analyst for the Wall Street Journal. Iran is returning to nuclear talks, no longer afraid of America. After more than three months of bombing and blockades, the US and Iran are back to square one, preparing for what promises to be difficult negotiations over limits to Tehran's nuclear ambitions. This time, though, the Iranians will come to the table armed with valuable knowledge they can survive the worst the Americans can throw at them. And I would suspect, as you've been hinting, no belief that Trump is going to seriously go back to work militarily. Do you think Trump's hoping that the whole sixty days to have more talks on the nuclear program. People lose interest at summertime, and people just lose interesting. He can kind of YadA YadA, YadA it away. It just goes away, is a story. Yeah, And I think he believes the world economy, in the US economy will be aided enough that people will say, hellloje, He's done the right thing. Gas will go back up and people stop start talking about it. I mean I've heard a bunch of people speculate, and I bet they're right that toward the end of the first sixty days, it will announce we are making great progress, so have extended for another sixty days. Now you're really into the nobody's paying any attention, or you know, the fall right and just and and and all that. While they will be trying to make a nuclear bomb, and they'll announce in November of this year or March next year or whenever that they've got a nuclear weapon. It's not beyond the realm of hospibility. Heck, no Trump throwing some shaded a previous president here doesn't included.
Speaker 5: But nobody could have made this deal. I mean the JCPOA done by Obama. He handed him a billion seven in cash, gave him hundreds of millions of dollars, hundreds of gave him billions and billions of dollars. But he gave them one point seven billion dollars in cash green cash from banks into a Boeing seven fifty seven and flew it into Iran and they stood at the plane. I have pictures of it, like, oh my, look at this money's giving us. He tried to bribe his way out any end to that. Nobody mentions that one point seven billion and hundreds of millions of dollars. They tried to bribe their way out of it. And you know what the Iranians did. They laughed at Obama and they said he's a stupid son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: How's that not exactly what's happening here. Well, the Trump deserves credit for the getting off his butt and doing something about the nuclear program militarily and the bombing. The cost terribly high and the bombing.
Speaker 3: Is not nothing, so it would have been the JCPOA after you, you know, set back their program by years by bombinant and killing all the killing the leadership and bunch scientists and everything like that. But the details that are out today that Trump says aren't true. But if they aren't true, release the memorandum of understanding, release the details. Then USNS blockade on Iran. Okay, they're going to start making money immediately straight off horror moves opens more talks in Iran nuclear program in the next sixty days. Three hundred million dollars to rebuild Iran, which Trump just said isn't true. Well, we'll find out, and if you want to prove it, go ahead and release the details all sanctions lifted on Iran. The sanctions are lifted, the money's gonna start flowing back into Iran. How they get the money, whether it's a palette's in a plane or flowing in from countries around the world like China and Japan. I didn't realize Japan got ninety percent of their oil is imported to them, and a lot of it from the Middle East. So these countries are going to start spending money getting trying to get their oil going again. Iran's gonna have tons of money and talks about whether or not they what they should do about their Iranian nuclear do two points.
Speaker 2: I can't be the only person from the last few generations that every time you say release, the next word that comes to my mind as hounds. Secondly, the question, the great unanswered question before us that we're clearly worried about, and all the editorial boards are worried about. Is Trump having done what no previous president had the nerve to do, and that's takes serious steps to deny them their nuclear program. Will he lose his nerve and give back all those gains and perhaps even more if mister Trofamov is right in the Wall Street Journal. Now the IRGC is like, Wow, those dudes are not willing to finish the job. We don't have to be afraid of them at all. And here's the moment. I think Trump showed his cards in clip fifty four, Michael.
Speaker 5: So that's what speaks, speaks louder than words. The alternative would be a worldwide depression. You know, the stupid people want to have a worldwide depression. And the stupid people, so you can only go so far if you drive somebody into the ground and it's a lot of bad things happen. Number One, the Straight would never open because they don't like floating billion dollar ships up and down a street where they're I. It's flying over him in mind you all over the place. So the trade would never be open. It wouldn't be open for a long time.
Speaker 2: Is there any way to interpret that other than if I kept the hammer down, we'd have a worldwide depression. I'm not willing to do that. We got to open the Straight, and I'll just negotiate it with these guys. Why didn't we force it open militarily? It's a really tough thing to do. It could be done. It's the same thing as I said yesterday. I really think this is going to be the final judgment. Trump started a war without the guts to actually go to war, and that doesn't some of you are praising that. I know people who voted for Trump three times who are happy he didn't ever really prosecute this war with like you know, landing divisions and forcing our will, but probably shouldn't go to war. Ginuing to squeeze Irun economically, that's with the blockade. That's a great middle ground. Give it a try. Well, we don't want a worldwide depression. I don't think we're having One quote from JD. E.
Speaker 3: Vans on the Iranian regime today, I kind of want to figure it out. How real are they? How fake are they? Yeah, we got half a century of an idea of what they are and who they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a super smart guy, JD. Vance.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's doing something different than what Trump's doing. I feel like he's like absolutely one hundred percent knowingly thinks he can fool us, Like he's smarter than we are. Look, they I've talked to these guys. They've admitted it was a mistake all these years to try to get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: They're good dudes. I figured JD out the other day. I was thinking about this love hill Billy Eleogy. We interviewed him at length about his book, fascinating, truthful, honest, insightful, eloquent book, just wonderful. Here's a guy who moved fairly successfully in the dead, negativity soaked towns of Appalachia. Then he moved fairly comfortably in the Marine Corps, moved pretty comfortably at Yale, and then in local politics, and now in San Francisco. He's going around San Francisco in the financial world, and that's right. Fit in, that's right. He is an extremely adept chameleon and very very slick and extremely bright. He has realized, all right, I'm the veep under Donald Trump. This is what he wants. I've got to survive this to keep my future intact intact. Here's how I do it. But I don't. Sincerity is not something he brings to the party at this point. I'm not as willing to go go as far as some people in this war, which I'll explain in a second after we tell you about rough Greens, which is a good idea for your dog. There ain't much to your dog's food.
Speaker 3: It's fine and all that, but it doesn't have a tremendous amount of nutrients. And with rough Greens, you sprinkle it on top of your dog's food. You don't change your dog's food.
Speaker 2: Then they get twenty vitamins and minerals, lots of live probiotics, enzymes of mega whales. It's all natural, made in the USA. You just sprinkle it on top of what whever you're already feeding your dog. It's all about keeping your dog healthier and energetic and happier for a longer time from the inside out with some really good nutrition, all natural made in the US. Thousands of dogs are feeling younger, more energetic, and healthier than they have in ears and your dog could be the next one. Get a free Jumpstart trialbag for your dog today. You just cover the ship and go to Roughgreens dot com. Use the discount coat Armstrong. That's our uff Greens dot com. The discount coat is Armstrong. Of course Roughgreens. They make any dog food better. Roughgreens dot Com slash arm or the coat is Armstrong.
Speaker 3: We'll move on so we can get the mailbag, but I saw an old woman. I forget what publication she is from. She is one of the deans of the Press Core in Washington, DC, with some major publication. Anyway, she is talking on a podcast I saw yesterday about.
Speaker 2: How what Trump has done is not as quite as bad as the war in Iraq, but it's right next to it. And I thought that's a ridiculous thing to say. I went on for years, we had hundreds of thousands of troops, thousands of lives lost, trillions of dollars spent. They're not even in the same category. So how do you make those words coming out of your mouth? I don't know, So I'm not going that far. I just I don't think. I still don't think it was a mistake. The mistake will be if they end up getting a nuclear weapon. God dang it, that'll change the world. I mean, you don't believe that, I guess. I mean, you don't think that's a problem. All right, your fools, you think you can cuddle up in the fetal position in the world will go away. We got mail bag on the way next day.
Speaker 3: Here, I have a really good economics thing for you from the disc I look forward to talking about trying to break it down. One of the reasons I like it as it agrees with something we've been saying for a long time. But lots of people are feeling squeezed and for all kinds of different reasons, and you got to look at the different reasons, and people end up in a situation being squeezed. You're spending habits, the choices you made in your life and all that sort of stuff. It's really interesting. Maybe we'll get to that an now or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd love to talk about that's super interesting topic. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day from Varnngpana. Oh, I didn't have time to look up. It's on my series on negotiation and then in the Art of Negotiation, listen twice, speak once, and let the silence work for you. It's the best advice I ever got about negotiating. Don't fill the silence. We can talk about that more later. Mail bag, drop us a note mail bag and Armstrong and getty dot. I'm going to keep it briefish if you can. First, and most importantly, got this email from news Nation teasing their stories hoping to get me to click on it. Uh. It's the headline is missing scientists man fears for his safety. If you are into the missing scientists story, you lack the capacity for rational analysis, which is fine some people do. I can't jump very high. That doesn't make me a bad person. Good lord, we have an interesting way to judge people on how high they can jump. M Drew the millennial right. Soccer is not a sport. And before you say this is just belligerent American jingoism, hear me out. Eight of the twenty FIFA games so far have ended in a tie. Really, I watched the last half hour of two of them Saturday. Both ended in one one ties. During the last twenty minutes of the game time of both, the announcers explained how both teams bench their good players because they had tacitly agreed to end the game with a one to one tie so as not to risk losing. That's a common thing. Apparently, they just play kind of play hacky sack at midfield till time runs out. Pathetic. I had no idea that that went on. The poor fans that paid money to be there. Do they know that the stars are sitting and they're playing hacky sack in midfield? Till the ninety minutes are up. Wow. Wow. So they want to advance to the next round. They want to have enough points in their little pool. So they're like, hey, we haven't taken control. You haven't taken control. Let's both grab a tie. Okay, let's not make this a coin flip. Somebody gets lucky in scores and it's true, right, So imagine if seven of the sixteen NFL games ended in seven to seven ties. Every week a sport has games or matches. Those matches are intended to decipher which team is better at the sport. If your matches aren't able to decide which team is better at the sport, then you don't have a sport. You have a feminine exercise, which is what sucker is. Oh my Euros can keep it, it suits them. Well. Love the show, thanks Drew. Wow, that's strong alligerent offensive. I hate it, but he makes a point. Let's see. Moving along to the Iran thing, which people are weighing in on at high frequency. Aaron, y'all forget we killed the iotola or something. Think we'd be in a better spot with an iotola and a status quo. I RG get excited about the new new, new new deal memo deal and come in for the big win, be more trumpy, Katie would agree with me. Okay, and this from Paul, I think it's possible we've made credible threats. Oh do you think it's possible we've made credible threats to Iran that'll be carried out after the midterms if we're not satisfied by then.
Speaker 3: I just came across a piece that I could explain as an optimistic view of why this is happening.
Speaker 2: The way it's happening. So we should forget that later because maybe that's what's going on. Yeah, yeah, I'm we are more into figuring out what's actually happening than selling you on one particular point of view, at least on this topic. Crest fallen in Santa Cruz, right, So I've been praying for the downfall of the irg Sea since that's two thousands. Through the years, my Persian friends were astonished at how up to date I was on the facts. I was very excited when this war started, very exciting times, indeed, so much promise. Cannot think of a bigger disappointment than how this war ended up. Maybe something changes, but I doubt it. I will believe it when I see it. God help those poor people in Iran. Trump has failed when it counted the most. Still a better candidate than Kamala, not even fing close. Well true, Yeah, nobody's suggesting that. Nobody's saying let's see and some as usual thorough analysis from JT and livermore about the MoU as far as we know. I don't need to see the MoU to know it's a terrible deal. He makes five points, he supports them all, but I'll just hit the headlines. One. Trump is pressuring the wrong country. It's like Russia Ukraine. To a deal with the current regime is a waste of time based on forty seven years of their constant lives and broken promises to too many groundhog days to think this is anything different. Thirty nine times we're close to a deal for nuclear material cannot be destroyed, nor can it safely be enriched to non military levels. That's just physics. We could explain that, but trust us on it. We'll love seeing it. I know it's a terrible piece of paper, etc. Well, rehash in a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Got a really interesting thing about economics and people feeling like life's too expensive.
Speaker 2: It's lots of different kinds of situations. Off you miss it, Get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty