Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Thursday, December fourth, and actress Tara Reid was not drugged like she said she was, at least according to police. The story has now taken a different turn with that. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Robes. She's sticking by her story, and this was a bizarre story from the beginning, and the very questions we raised and a lot of people raised are now kind of seemingly being reinforced by police.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: So, Tara Reid, the reason why she even spoke up, spoke out, and eventually filed a police report was because these videos started circulating of her from a hotel lobby right outside of Chicago, near O'Hara Double Tree Hotel. Correct, in the Rosemont area of Illinois. She looked wasted. This was a girl and actress who we know had substance abuse problems in the past, and now you're seeing these videos of her unable to even get into a wheelchair to be taken back to her room. Ultimately ended up being carried out in a stretcher on a stretcher.
Speaker 1: That became the story was the story. Do we ever see headlines that Terror Reid was caught on video, this or that was it? Always from the beginning, the headline was that she was drugged. Did we see the videos first? And then she came out and explained, I can't remember the timing.
Speaker 2: Well, they almost came out simultaneously.
Speaker 3: When I started looking at the stories, she had already responded saying she was drugged. Immediately she got on top of it, and she says that she was at the hotel bar. There were some influencers there, some social media influencers and in particular a YouTube influencer who she sat next to while she had one drink of white wine. She says they went out to go smoke a cigarette and when she came back there was a napkin.
Speaker 2: On top of her, which police have confirmed all of this.
Speaker 3: This has been so fascinating to see the detective work that goes on and their pretty quick ability to determine what did or did not happen. But her her point was they exchanged numbers, and then she said she got sent these videos and she felt like it was an extortion attempt. But when she saw those videos, she got ahead of it very quickly and said, hey, I must have been drugged.
Speaker 2: I have no memory of this.
Speaker 1: Okay, and folks, if you see the video, and you probably have by now, without this backstory and anything we've said, if you just saw this and didn't know who she was, you would say this person is wasted. You would say this person drank too much, way, way, way too much. Couldn't stand, was being belligerent, was yelling profanities. Literally, could not sit in a chair and be wheeled. Didn't look good. Obviously, we all know one drink of wine, almost doesn't matter who you are, is not going to put you in this condition if you're an adult, could be mixed with some other prescription drug. We've seen that kind of stuff. But the reaction in her body's reaction was not from one drink. So this is why many speculated she had to come up with something. She had to tell the world something and robes she might believe she was drugged because this is up now, she is doubling and tripling and quadrupling down on what many believes a lie.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 3: So now, even after police have officially come out and said, hey, we've reviewed the surveillance video from the hotel, it shows Tara Reid going to the bar. It shows her getting up from the bar. It shows the bartender covering her drink with a napkin, but it never shows anyone putting anything in her drink.
Speaker 1: This is easy, This was easy. We said, this was the first thing out of our mouths. This will be done in just a moment. There are several camera angles at every bar, so they're going to be able to decide this. So now robes If that's the case, nothing was put in the drink. What is her next argument for potentially when she was drugged.
Speaker 3: Well, all I can tell you is what Tara Reid said in her statement in reaction to what police have now released.
Speaker 2: She says, bottom line, no one ends up in.
Speaker 3: The hospital incapacitated for over eight hours after a drink.
Speaker 1: True statement. That is a true statement.
Speaker 3: Then she goes on to say, last thing I remember is having one drink and waking up in the hospital the next day without remembering anything. That was the scariest feeling I have ever felt.
Speaker 2: Yes, that could.
Speaker 3: Only be that all has to be true, She says, I felt so helpless. This has been a horrifying experience for me that is severely affecting my mental health. I cannot sleep over this. It's a very scary feeling, not knowing what happened to me. I believe I was drugged. Something happened to me.
Speaker 1: All that can be true. Believe every single word that came out of her mouth, absolutely every bit of it. Something happened to her. Don't know what, don't know what.
Speaker 3: Here's what we don't know. We don't know if she is on any sort of medication that shouldn't be combined with alcohol. That's possible. We don't know what she did in the hours and moments leading up to her walking into that hotel lobby and sitting down at that bar. We don't know if she drank anything earlier. Yes, if she took any other type of drug earlier, that in combination with that one glass of white wine could result or could be the result of what we saw in that video.
Speaker 1: But you have come out and accused someone of a criminal act, so that takes us to another level. She didn't just come out and explain, I don't know what happened to me. I don't know what I was on. This I was on She could have she had options. The first thing she did was point to someone and said, someone out there is a criminal who potentially wanted to rape me. She said this, that raised it to another level for police.
Speaker 3: And yes, so police now have to take her accusations seriously and take the time and resources to investigate this. And of course the hotel we talked about this last week when we first did the story, would have had every incentive to find out if anything untoward happened, and certainly want people to know that it did not happen in their hotel.
Speaker 2: And so I'm sure they were.
Speaker 3: Happy to hand over all those angles from all those surveillance videos to those police. No, not yet, but we do have the official police statement. Is this, while surveill surveillance, sorry, while video surveillance showed Tara Reid at the hotel bar at no time did video show anyone tampering with or adding something to her drink. We can confirm that a bartender covered her drink when she left the bar, which is standard practice for bartenders to do. Completely exonerates the bartender and for all intents and purposes, exonerates the hotel for being liable in any way for something happening to her drink.
Speaker 1: Again, they were waiting what was her answer to you, remember she was very vague. No, she was saying that the hospital was vague and telling her what she told her she'd been drug but didn't tell her what she'd been correct.
Speaker 3: So she actually went on TMZ and gave an interview to Harvey Levin and said that she was told by hospital officials that she was drugged and when they pressed her further and said, well, what did they tell you were drugged with, she kind of started around and said she didn't know. They even asked her did they test your blood alcohol level, which obviously would be a very interesting bit of information given all that we saw in that video. She said she didn't know, and that's when she went on and added that that.
Speaker 2: It was vague, that they were being vague with her.
Speaker 3: But clearly that doesn't make a lot of sense and doesn't really add up in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: You would you said it, and again, if you go through something that frightening. I don't know where she was, but you made the point. Obviously, if somebody tells you you're drug, you want to know what's in your system.
Speaker 2: So the first question you're going to ask.
Speaker 1: Is it going to stay there? Is it going to be long term harm? Am I done? Is it being flushed? Out, Am, I will watch enough movie. I need to do my insides. Am I how long do I have?
Speaker 2: Like you would ask you, does my stomach need to be pumped?
Speaker 1: All kinds of stuff. Don't know. They were vague. So that's information we will not be privy to because that's her medical information. Right, she has the right whether or not to tell us that. Do police have any right given that this she filled out a police report? Does she not?
Speaker 2: She filled out a police report.
Speaker 3: She actually went so far as to say initially they told her she couldn't do it over the phone, she would have to come back to Illinois. But then they, I think perhaps given the public eye or the spotlight that was on them and certainly on that hotel, they said, no, okay, you can.
Speaker 2: You can file one over the phone. Will make an exception for you.
Speaker 3: So, yes, she made a point to say she filed this police report she believed something criminally was done to her that ended up with her being in the hospital.
Speaker 2: So when we come.
Speaker 3: Back, we will tell you what police said about those medical records, because yes, there is still a very important, missing, key piece of potential evidence in what actually happened to Tara Reid and.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone.
Speaker 3: We are talking about the new information that police have released that Tara Reid was not drugged at least at that hotel bar. They have surveillance video. They have gone through it and over, I'm sure all the different angles that that DoubleTree Hotel had pointed directly at their bar and they said, nah, she had the dream. The bartender put a napkin over the drink when she left the bar, and then she came back and no one was seen on any of those tapes doing anything to her drink. So what does she do now because she is doubling down and saying she believes she was drugged. There's no way she went ended up in the hospital, remembers nothing and woke up eight hours later unless someone did something to her drink. So we mentioned she's at the hospital. Did the hospital do tests, Well, here's what police said. They are waiting to get any medical records from Tara's hospitals stay and they will confirm if tests were done and if they were, if anything was in her system. So it sounds like they do have access to that information.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem like it was confirmed whether or not the right tests were done. That would give the answers that I guess the public wants. I guess she wants them too. But what do you do with it? I mean, you hate something happened to her. We don't know what it was, just the suggestion if and you don't want to she might not know. It's possible. I always want to leave open that possibility. I don't know what somebody else is going through. Even frankly, if this was her own doing, there's still a degree of sympathy or your heart goes out to her for whatever did actually happen to her, And if it didn't happen to her the way she said, your heart still goes out to her. So I just I don't know what to do with this, And I'm just angry and mad at how could you? And you're wasting the resources of the police department and all this stuff, and I get that, but this is just a this is one of those robes. I would hate to think somebody's just capable of coming out and starting this whole intentionally right and sending police on a while goose chase and all this. What something happened to her and maybe she doesn't know.
Speaker 3: I agree that there should be a level of sympathy for her regardless, because she is clearly struggling, whether something happened to her or she is struggling with something within her, Certainly our heart goes out to her. And that has to be incredibly difficult to have a video like that circulating about you, especially when you are someone who is known to have struggled with substance abuse issues. So that has got to be incredibly devastating. Although she did point the finger or suggest that this YouTube influencer, we won't even say his name, just because police have completely exonerated him and ruled him out and he's spoken out.
Speaker 1: Does she specifically pointing finger. I thought she said it kind of vaguely that was YouTubers down there.
Speaker 3: No, but she actually the guy who she ended up smoking that cigarette with. She claims that he then sent her the videos that his friends took of her, the ones that we've all seen circulated now, and she took that as him threatening her and saying, I can make these videos go away, basically if dot dot dot so she was she did directly point the finger at him, and yeah, and he said that absolutely did not happen.
Speaker 2: I was not trying to extort money from her and.
Speaker 1: Can be simply and quickly proven with text messages. We'll have no problem putting up screen grabs of the text messages.
Speaker 2: So that's the issue.
Speaker 3: All of these allegations she's making or implying or suggesting all can easily be proven to be true or not. And so yes, with this hospital testing, here's what she has said. This is also vague. She says she believes blood tests were done, and she said she is awaiting those results. So I feel like at this point with her saying that, I don't know if police would have to get her permission to get access.
Speaker 2: To those blood test results.
Speaker 3: But I also feel like, if you file a police report and you claim you were drugged, wouldn't that open the door then for police to have access to them, because either they have to be able to prove it or disprove it, or.
Speaker 1: Do they still have to get her okay? Could she say nope, I don't want you looking at my medical reports. Could she say that, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 3: Once you file a police report and you claim and you're cooperating with police, I mean, maybe the only thing you could do is say you can't and then police would say, she won't give us access and she isn't cooperating with us, so now we're going to file, you know, charges against her for filing a false police report, which is absolutely on the table. I would imagine, given the spotlight, the resources, they want to make sure that people are de incentivized to do something like this to when you've done something wrong, instead of taking responsibility or at least doing a little self examination before you start hurling accusations, definitely want to make a point to say this is not okay behavior.
Speaker 1: You know this again. The story though, went from it went from scary to eyebrow raising to head scratching, confusing, and now sad. It's sad, it's sad. However this ended up going down. But I give the police credit and maybe this is important, Maybe this is the silver lining robes And I was really impressed with them, their release, their statements. They didn't attack her, they didn't go after her, and they reminded us, all, hey, here's a silver lining for you, and I appreciate it that Rosemont right.
Speaker 2: Yep, rosemand Police department.
Speaker 3: Their statement was after all of this, they said, you know what, it's still a good reminder to never leave your drink unattended. So taking this as a lesson to everyone out there, Hey, Tara thought this happened to her, turns out it didn't, at least at this bar at this hotel where she says it did. But it could happen to you and be aware, and I do think it is. It is a reminder. We all can use those reminders. But bottom line, Rosemont pet said this very clearly and very specifically. Right now, we have no evidence of a crime period.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll keep our eye on them. I'm expecting rogues to hear more, maybe from Tara Reid's side. The other option there is they can just go quiet and want this to kind of go away, or does she want to get those medical reports out? See look, I told you see look Rosemand police. You know they definitely would like to get this resolved.
Speaker 3: I you know what, I'm actually just thinking if if it's true that she just drank too much in her hotel room mini bar before she came down to the bar, or she had some other type of drug you're not supposed to mix with alcohol on her system. I mean, it will all come out if she pushes this. I know I was drug theory, because then they have to look at her blood test results. The question is were they even taken?
Speaker 2: But I can't. It seems impossible to me.
Speaker 3: If you're brought to the hospital in that state, they have to make sure there's nothing life threatening going on. They would have to take blood tests, they would have to make sure they know what they're dealing.
Speaker 1: With, including a blood alcohol level, so you know how to treat that person. Correct this high? Is it this high? We just need to get fluids in this person or the something more serious need to happen. It's fascinating and it's just like again it turned into too sad and went from scary to sad. We'll keep an eye. We're expecting to hear more on this story. Maybe it's gonna be days, maybe it's gonna be weeks. But as always, we appreciate you spending some time with us, folks. From my dear Amy Robot, I'm TJ. Holmes. Talk to y'all soon.