Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Hello, nine two. I know m gears. We have a big, big episode for you this week, right, ladies.
Speaker 2: This is an exciting one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's episode twenty. That's twenty episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we're almost at the end of season four.
Speaker 3: You guys, we got a long way to got I discussed these seasons are not normal, the seasons.
Speaker 1: Were this long.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, is this when the seasons jumped to thirty two episodes?
Speaker 3: Yep? Oh, okay, just kidding.
Speaker 2: We're like in the middle.
Speaker 1: But this episode I think will be go down, go down in history as the longest episode ever. Like, when you were watching this episode, did you feel it was the longest episode of your life? No, it was just me.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: No, I liked it too. We're talking about episode twenty. Scared Very Straight, aired February ninth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Andrea has to break the baby news or family. Brandon can't keep his hands off Lucinda, Dylan gets David out of a jam, and Brenda's boyfriend Stuart returns unexactly oh so much.
Speaker 3: I could do it an hour and on Jason Priestley's kissing alone.
Speaker 1: I could do. We're jumping to that yet, I'm not ready. I need to warm up.
Speaker 2: A little, warm your job? Can you warm your job?
Speaker 4: Im?
Speaker 1: I might run screaming, Have you guys ever done laundry in the sink? We start with that, don't we? That was a weird opening, right, I was like, what is happening? Where are they? Who's washing their clothes in the sea? I had no idea that was us?
Speaker 2: That was super weird, and the whole thing and the shower and then Dylan And was my hair colored? Hair a different color in that scene?
Speaker 1: What color?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just felt like it looks darker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't notice that, but I just was first of all, am I the only one that sometimes can't tell Dylan's from Lucinda's.
Speaker 1: Wait what oh? Yeah, person like that dark craftsman. Yeah, it's probably the same set. Who knows. But I thought Dylan looked really sexy in that opening shot. Really good jesus. Oh. And then we can back into the apartment because Kelly and Don have moved out because of David. So it took me a minute to like, remember I didn't remember at Dylan's house. Why were both of them at Dylan's house and were underwear? Right? But wait, Oh, are Kelly and Dylan together? Okay, I guess they are. I keep losing track of it because it sort of feels inconsistent, but I guess it's not.
Speaker 3: There's a bit of foreshadowing of something to come in this episode. But yes, still together, seemingly getting along. Gray, very cute, he looked amazing, shirtless sort of yeah, he robed sort of shirtless, he robe, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I love when he gives advice, but he like says it kind of sleepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he really doesn't care if you take it or not.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you want to like you're like, oh, more invested.
Speaker 3: That's actually a really good point that sort of comes.
Speaker 1: Up again later with David. He's yeah, he's sort of.
Speaker 3: So cool and firm, but doesn't force you.
Speaker 1: You gotta do what he says, you have Dylan is saying it, so, yeah, we're gonna listen.
Speaker 3: I always go back and forth who leads this group, Brandon or Dylan, and it's it's kind of Dylan right now.
Speaker 1: Yea, he owns the peach pit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the head honcho.
Speaker 1: He's in charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brandon feels like a guest I.
Speaker 1: Was getting, Like I was like, get over yourself, brand your big baby winers. Stop like making everybody feel bad for helping, Like I didn't get it. Yeah, he's a bit woe is me? Yeah, I guess that mean is natural. He got kind of overshadowed or cut out of the way, bypassed or something. He's feeling all those things.
Speaker 3: But enough already, So wait, backtracking a little bit, mel is over the apartment.
Speaker 1: Did you guys know the apartment look? First of all, did you like love that wide shot of the apartment with you could see all the furnishing. Oh my gosh, it's just so bright like from the ocean, like all the on them. And did you notice like the in we always had those plantation shutters closed because obviously there was nothing out there. We weren't at the beach, but what was out there was like a giant uh screen, like a blue screen that was supposed to look like the sky, I guess, And it just was so bright blazing through those windows.
Speaker 2: All I saw was dark and then like it was like UFOs were coming down.
Speaker 3: It was like so right, I feel like y'all's decor was so ahead of its time. The cowhide with the mixed prints of the florals.
Speaker 1: It really stuff going on in there. Nailed it, though, nailed it. I loved it. When I saw that shot at the apartment, I was like, I missed that room. I missed that set there was that.
Speaker 3: I was doing full math because he gets the check for six twenty from Mel.
Speaker 2: And Mel's acting like that's a lot.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, that's his share of the rent? But three ways, I think.
Speaker 3: That's the full rent, because.
Speaker 2: You guys know, come on, you guys, it was didn't share.
Speaker 3: You gave him the money which he took to buy drugs. So Danna gave him the full money which he used to buy drugs. So now he has to crawl the mill and say I need.
Speaker 1: Money unless he wouldn't use it all on the drugs, right, we do. Interesting?
Speaker 3: But Mel wrote the check for six twenty. He gives it to mister Pitts and he goes, oh, my dad wrote it for too much, and mister Pitts gives him one fifty back, So what's six twenty minus one fifty calculator?
Speaker 1: Oh thank god? I was like, oh minus you guys.
Speaker 3: But no, the rent for that place is four hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: No, you guys, it's a third of the rent. Because even if they moved out, you can't leave someone high and dry and expect them to pay what three people are paying and just be no, we moved out, but we didn't like stop the payments R.
Speaker 1: So you did. He's screwed.
Speaker 2: Even thirty years ago, you could not live on the beach in a three bedroom apartment. The four hundred how much you say, four hundred and one?
Speaker 1: No way?
Speaker 3: Wait, can you guys remember your first apartments? I mean I had an apartment in that same year that was like fifty teen hundred and it was for two people, so no way.
Speaker 1: The same time with mine was between seven and eight hundred a month, right, but I lived in North Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Right, so that joint was twelve hundred minimum.
Speaker 1: M hm, sixteen hundred. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying the prison mine.
Speaker 1: Mister Pitts. We got mister Pitts back. The girls are all hanging out in the peach pit, and man, their bangs are on fuego. Whoever, okay, whoever is doing the hair on this episode? Because I wish we could know, because I didn't. I didn't watch the credits, but every buddy's hair kind of looked like the same person did it. Oh, but then we kind of made it our own because everybody's hair was so round brushed out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did know the only one that had curls though, right, like from the back, it was just those like.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, like Salon perfect hair doing.
Speaker 2: And I loved Okay, they're back now right. It was like leather, the hair clip, the hair you put the thing through it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love those, you know when you put the thing. Yeah, that's got one.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Andrea's bangs were so poofy and Kelly's bangs were so poofy. I thought they were going to like start flying away. Yeah, I felt really, I didn't. I want to look up that hair.
Speaker 2: And Brenda has no bangs anymore.
Speaker 1: She looks dark. She looked great. Yeah, I liked her hair like black like that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Brenda, we're just getting some mentions of Stewart out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I guess she just starts babbling on about Stuart, like who what You're so mad at him?
Speaker 3: And and Jim and Cindy are looped in.
Speaker 1: That was a little uh peculiar.
Speaker 3: It was like, we gotta work David Gale back into this episode somehow, because.
Speaker 2: I'm like it made me feel silly because I was like, uh, oh, I must have missed something last week. I wasn't focusing, like, no.
Speaker 1: No, is it gonna be in it again? Yep? More.
Speaker 3: He's thinking here, I think he's got one more next week.
Speaker 2: I think so, God, yeah, I must have been gearing up. What was he in for my dad, Savannah? Was that what he went on to do for him? Were they gearing up? And he's like, I gotta like get him back on I on her notes, so it's really exposed right now. And then we go into that, so bring him.
Speaker 3: Back, if I may say, kind of dumb, like we're.
Speaker 1: Mad at Stewart.
Speaker 3: We're gonna write in this letter. Stewie and me and Jim and Cindy are all in the loop and then he shows up and she's all happy.
Speaker 2: It's just bump.
Speaker 1: I was like, what's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why was Andrea's grandmother a different?
Speaker 1: Wait? Who the heck was grandma? Is that Grandma Rose? That's not Grandma Rose.
Speaker 2: It's a different grandma.
Speaker 1: No, they kept calling her Grandma Rose. But that's a different lady.
Speaker 2: Right, it isn't is it the other side? It wasn't Lady Kazan, Like what.
Speaker 1: It was Meisler? And she was like straight out of the talkies, Like this woman in her acting style was so black and white, Like didn't you feel like she was like Madame in her day? Screamed I'm a star.
Speaker 2: Well I was just like, where's Lady Kazan?
Speaker 1: Did she?
Speaker 2: Was she doing something else? She wouldn't come back, Like, we gotta find out. I think it's so it is Grandma Rose, it's the same grandmother. I'm so confused.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: She got real dark, like when she was talking to Andrea, I was getting scared because she got up. She got up and she walked towards them, and I was like, oh my god, she's gonna beat them, She's gonna do something. Really, this is taking a weird turn. And then all of a sudden, flip the switch, she turned into nice Grandma Rose again. Yeah, she was intense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the parents that was sort of cool but kind of confusing too.
Speaker 1: Yeah Andrea's parents, huh, Yeah, that was we've never seen them before, right.
Speaker 3: Not that I could remember when they were nothing like.
Speaker 1: I expect, like anyone expected that. This is like Andrea's dad at all.
Speaker 2: No in their Persona's mom won When Brandon drove to pick her up and she was taking the bus one now probably one or two, and we were like, why is her mother dressed in that? And she was in something? Oh no, Andrea said she has one drug. One d you remember that.
Speaker 3: They just their personalities were so off.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: Yuk yuk yah like yeah blah blah bah the boy budy, like it was just.
Speaker 2: Sorry, can you do that voice again?
Speaker 3: But it was just like they came in hot, like they weren't being awful, and it was all sort of like.
Speaker 1: They weren't gonna come, but then they decided to come and they came super happy and they came. Yeah, they came in hot, like whoa, yeah, weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 3: Although I cried, did anyone you cried?
Speaker 1: Wait you cried at the courtroom wedding.
Speaker 2: No you didn't what I cannot believe you out.
Speaker 1: We really need to get you.
Speaker 3: The whole gang came in and I'm full choked up teary like I was, like literally, I wrote in my notes, why am I crying?
Speaker 1: Full tears? I was crying because that that scene made me remember the scene in BH nine or two. I know that we filmed in I think the same exact courtroom. Didn't that look exactly like the courtroom it did where Donna was on What were you? I don't remember. I just remember being in that courtroom. But in Bank and Vancouver, I guess they all look alike you were just having PTSD, I guess. So.
Speaker 2: Wait. I just looked up our director for this episode, because now that you've forgot toment it no Chip Chalmers, And the first thing that comes up.
Speaker 1: Is THEATA director.
Speaker 2: Ye, Chip Chalmers.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 3: A bit of trivia that I believe in this episode, Andrea's mother is named Gail, but I believe in another episode she was called Beverly, And I have to fact check myself on that.
Speaker 1: Probably coming back to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know everything.
Speaker 3: Do we talk more about the the should we go talk about Andrea?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, what about the shower? The bridal shower enjoyable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like we had a good time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only Andrea thing that made me massively uncomfortable in this episode was when Brandon over for dinner and there was so much food on the coffee table.
Speaker 1: In the life, why are they eating on the coffee table? I don't know, there's a perfectly good table right behind them. It really made me nervous and so much table like where what? What do you so much food? You can't there's no place for your plate? But we are.
Speaker 2: People over you put stuff on the coffee table, not a pot of no, not a pot like yeah, not at with the pants from the stove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're not fancy.
Speaker 2: That was to show that was the point that there.
Speaker 1: But even I'm not a fancy person, and we as I'm saying, who eats at the coffee table, we eat on the coffee table ninety eight percent of the time.
Speaker 3: I agree, But you know there's never a pot pot You leave that on the stove. Yeah, you're not fancy, and you like, you can grab your paper plate for all I care, PLoP your stuff on there and take it over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but can.
Speaker 2: We talk about her wedding outfit?
Speaker 1: Though? Wait? Can we talk first? That Brandon to give her away and he agreed. Why would they not ask Jim, why does anybody need to give her away?
Speaker 3: Well, right, she was in a courthouse, standing at a table.
Speaker 1: And she's four months pregnant.
Speaker 2: Because the writer's just the producer. They wanted to see Brandon and Andrea together.
Speaker 1: But of course, yeah, Brandon. If anybody's gonna give her away, it'd be Brandon. I thought maybe Nat he's laid up kinda. He's back. Yeah, he's back. He's all better. He's thriving, he's thriving.
Speaker 3: It's like, I love this episode almost because there was so many things and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's a miss Like, there's so many.
Speaker 1: Missus.
Speaker 3: Should we talk about drugs or brand? It's like, I don't even know where to go.
Speaker 1: Let's just talk. Well. I don't have much to say about Brandon other than gross me out the door.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god made me want to puke.
Speaker 1: Puke. I hate to say it. What I agree? Oh thank god? I thought you were gonna say you.
Speaker 3: Of course I didn't want to say.
Speaker 1: The way he spoke to her.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even Brandon personality. It wasn't even like Jason. I don't even know who that was.
Speaker 1: I could not take one more moment of that porno music. But those kisses they sent me over the edge. You guys like, who let that air? Who direct? Chip Chalmers is a porn director now? Because that was just a little too much for my Wednesday night viewing pleasure.
Speaker 3: It's their dialogue too, It's like at.
Speaker 2: The dialogue it's a different.
Speaker 3: First of I'm convinced, she says, Brendan, Brendan, and I'm like Bramdon.
Speaker 2: But you're convinced. Often people say Brendan, I am, I am.
Speaker 1: Suddenly she's got a new place, like, how did he.
Speaker 3: Know where it was?
Speaker 1: That's where she lived with her husband.
Speaker 3: She got a new place, she said, I thought she had.
Speaker 1: Literally mad on the walls.
Speaker 3: She'd already hung them at our new joint. And it's like, huh, so I wrote this is so gaggy.
Speaker 1: Looks like this is so gaggy. And then they went and then they did the bed scene where he's all shirtless, and you guys know how I feel about a hairy chest. I like it.
Speaker 3: I liked his arms and his body. I'm all about Jason Priestley.
Speaker 2: But they just never show him shirtless.
Speaker 1: It was weird to see him shirtless, Like I felt like it was really white, like he had a farmer's hand always. He wasn't prepared for it, maybe like they didn't give my heads up like a week before, don't go golfing in your shirt there. But I just felt just weird to have her head on his chest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the hair, the harassing, the nipples of it all.
Speaker 1: I stop, stop, stop.
Speaker 2: I can't take it.
Speaker 1: What about the cooking.
Speaker 6: I feel like.
Speaker 2: Someone was just hot for Lucinda and they're like, we want Wow so much.
Speaker 1: There's some foreshadowing.
Speaker 3: I mean there's some like Lucinda foreshadowing.
Speaker 2: Wait, doesn't she hook up with Dylan?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be so pissed Tory.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they fully foreshadow it.
Speaker 1: Guys. They there's a line in there.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find it in my notes where he says.
Speaker 1: Oh MyD why something about that effect.
Speaker 3: It's intentional if you ask, well, because there's other things.
Speaker 1: There's so much coming. So I mean, it's not like I don't I don't like you know, this girl's is great, but I just don't like that character at all.
Speaker 2: No, I agreed, and Diana Meyer is great and has gone on to do major stuff. It's very I loved her and saw Sorry.
Speaker 1: I did, I loved I love saw Oh my, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The same same thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the scariest movie, like of all.
Speaker 2: Time, and she's great in it, and she's in multiple ones. Okay, but separately, it was just blue Senda. They didn't make you there's nothing redeemable about her, like.
Speaker 3: She's a strong, powerful woman lecturings.
Speaker 2: Even then, I was grossed out by her. I don't know, it's the character messy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This was the first, I think the first time that I didn't really feel okay, you know, the scene in the bathroom with no he came through the bathroom into Brenda's room, the scene between Brandon and Brenda. Mm hmmm feel the brother sister connection in that scene with Brandon and Brenda at all? What did you feel? I felt like it was like actor on actor, Like I felt like very say the lines, let's get through this. I don't even like these lines. I don't want to say these lines. Like it just did not feel I don't know, I didn't. It felt like they hated that scene. Especially Brandon's lines felt really like written and hard to say as an actor, and I could just sense it from him. I mean, I could be totally wrong.
Speaker 3: But he correct.
Speaker 1: He really does know how to button a scene, though with the little cute little lookie gives at the end, like the whole scene sucked, but that one's one little pop at the end.
Speaker 3: I was like, I love how you said that button the scene because that's a great descriptor.
Speaker 1: Of what he does. Yehue leaves you with a little thing to.
Speaker 3: Answer the question. It's Donna that says it about Lucinda. Donna has figured out Donna Kelly something to the effect of, yes, just like that, but she's the one that steals your boyfriend something like.
Speaker 1: This, right.
Speaker 2: It's always the women with the wait, with the principle that now yeah, that's then.
Speaker 3: Something yeah yeah yeah. Well, for the most part with Donna, other than with David, she is a very good judge of character, and she is sort of she's actually quite like savvy, other than she's just got rose could glasses for David and can't see his mess.
Speaker 2: That's the one way Donna's date is different than me. Sa savvy part about people like, I'm always too trusting until like and you're always the one that's like m and I'm like, oh my god, you were right, but like Donna actually does get people immediately, and she's like always like in between people and telling them this and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like what's happening. Then I'm not excited to see this. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have to talk about the party. We have to talk about all the drugs. But did anybody notice? Okay, there's a scene and I don't I can't remember if it was a button on a scene?
Speaker 1: How do I say that?
Speaker 3: Did anyone see so Brandon slash Jason is doing this very cute smile.
Speaker 1: Oh this is that?
Speaker 3: Then this was when all the food was on the coffee table and he does that cute smile to button the scene and take something off his tongue.
Speaker 1: I didn't notice. You have to watch it again. It's like he's so durable and he's literally.
Speaker 2: Talking and he pulls like a hair off his tongue or.
Speaker 1: Maybe some of the dinner. What were they eating? Were they eating?
Speaker 3: They were eating Grandma Roses food? Mullay not I think life mole Blano.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's pulling some molet out of there. Yeah. I was real stressed.
Speaker 3: And then Jason Brandon smile.
Speaker 1: Tone Okay, an odd episode for me. For Brandon, I don't know. I just felt weird on a lot of different levels, because.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't be so mad at Dylan, right, and he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be all oversize him like that, and he wouldn't come on so hard to this unless he's he says to Brenda, I'm going to go hang out somewhere besides the peach bit, somewhere spicy that. But I just don't feel like it's Brandon at all.
Speaker 3: Well, because the real Brandon would be fine with Dylan coming in and saving the day. He's never really had a problem with Dylan's money before, like.
Speaker 2: Jealous, and he should be so happy for Nat, Like, imagine if he didn't come in and save the day exactly. Wait, you guys, who was that poster of the blonde woman in a bathing suit? Good one? It never got clear enough for me to see, and I kept trying to go back and see is.
Speaker 1: This in the drug dorm? No, in the peach pit in the back of the kitchen. Why do they have a choice.
Speaker 2: Choice?
Speaker 1: It was like you were in a mechanic shop. That kind of like what they would put on the wall. Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They were talking about Suzanne was placing the wrong things in the wrong.
Speaker 1: Place and she put the thing in front of the vent.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I was just like, poster, who is that? And why is that there?
Speaker 3: So okay, did we talk about the drugs?
Speaker 1: Do we talk about that? Rando Jack?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love the air guitar guy, so Polly sure, I didn't like him.
Speaker 1: I just like the shot of him in the beach apartment where we're like who's that? And he's like.
Speaker 2: Where does I have to look this guy up? Because Eric Wiley, Eric Wiley, happy Jack? But his name sounds really familiar?
Speaker 1: Actually, I said, er air guitar guys everything to me? Who is he?
Speaker 2: He's started more than eighty five national commercials.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's making money. Wow.
Speaker 3: So do we talk about the the.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I like when they go when when Donna comes over so dressed up, cute and excited for the Valentine? Is it a Valentine's dape dance or part of no party? At the at the cakes, my red bere your red beret, your little red lipstick, and you were so excited and nobody even says anything like look how pretty you look? David doesn't even notice story.
Speaker 3: Milt, Well, then he's all dressed down and bring random friend.
Speaker 1: What weirdo guy?
Speaker 3: And then did you see the guy dancing with the red Boxers with the heart Boxers on his hand.
Speaker 1: My favorite part of the of the party was no, well you did look very true Beverly Hills in your beret. I just was like, good call that. And I loved it when Steve came over and took Kelly away and called her his nasty little fun tart. Yes you made that. You can't write that.
Speaker 3: I didn't give Steve much to do in this episode other than that cute line and then being hungover.
Speaker 1: But she was funny into Yeah, the scene the next day you can't get off the couch and we learned about the drinking game but they've played with Arley House drinking game, which actually and then he gets upody. He walks by the guy that's passed out on the pool table and he screams at him, which I know, if you're really hungover, you would never scream like that in somebody. So I was like, oh, that gave me a headache. And Dylan's hair was so high at the party, it was like like it was the highest I've ever seen it, Like this tall and that accurate.
Speaker 3: But I also just love Dylan in this episode because he's such the hero. Like he talks to David and he's like, I owe you one, which I remembered. I don't know why David didn't remember, because I remembered it plain as day. And then he says, you're gonna need me and I'll answer the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay. When he was saying this happened before I owe you one, I too was like, what the he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 2: That was my poker face. I was like, yeah, of course I remember.
Speaker 1: He's helped me.
Speaker 3: Remember I literally talked about it like that great one minute ago. So in the episode where Jack McKay, Jack McKay is killed, huh killed and then they have the memorials part like not party, I don't know my memorial thing back at the house, right, and Dylan's like losing his bleep, like he's just so upset and so distraught. And it was the young Dylan, old Dylan, remember, two characters. And then David comes in and he kind of goes up to Dylan and these two don't talk.
Speaker 1: Then, right, they're not that close, no, But.
Speaker 3: In this moment he talks about David talk about his friend that died and sort of his grieving process, and it like saves Dylan and you are aware of it. That of everybody in the gang, David made the biggest impact to sort of help Dylan get through the you know, some of the grief. So that's what he's saying when he's like, I owed you.
Speaker 1: One cool great, Well, I'm a hint word. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Imagine, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I just I honestly I didn't remember.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Ginko below bo.
Speaker 1: Listen, I need more than that. Wait. Where those our real life bodyguards? Why the policeman rush in to the apartment? Those were I figure about that. Those are our guys, our bodyguards. They always rode their motorcycle cop motorcycles like the police. Such cool trivia and stopped our traffic when we were filming outside, and.
Speaker 2: Robert Crowe and Joe Sabatino, Yes, no way, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Wait so before we get to that, yeah, how about the guy. First of all, they give him the backpack like what idiots like, okay, I'll take all your drugs, Like you're an idiot, David Silver. Then the cops like bust everybody at the dorm.
Speaker 1: And did the drugged in next door to the maternity room. It's just such a problem for me. They could get past it. It's really popping though. That drugged in.
Speaker 3: It's nuts.
Speaker 1: It looks kind of fun in there.
Speaker 3: And then one's watching outside. I mean I would too if I was in college and there's a big bus going on, i'd gather up too.
Speaker 1: That was good. When they took them out the front of the dorm or the building or whatever. It was very dramatic, hairy, because you know it's called scared straight, so scared, very very straight, very straight.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I literally just wrote David's an idiot because they're like busting everybody, And is it me.
Speaker 1: Or was David? Like he's hiding in the bushes his little backpack, his backpack which we then go on to learn has every drug there ever was in a baggie.
Speaker 2: It's very reminiscent of him in.
Speaker 1: The pilot, like stalking Kelly.
Speaker 3: My god, My biggest concern other than the coffee table is the pipes of that toilet in your apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, well my biggest concern was that David was smoking a cigarette in our house. First of all, well, I was like, wait, he's not allowed to do that. But my biggest concern was that that toilet didn't it didn't work. That wasn't a real toilet, that was a fake bathroom. We can never use that bathroom because it didn't work.
Speaker 3: So how they didn't have water?
Speaker 1: It didn't have It wasn't connected to any pipes.
Speaker 3: I don't must have shot that in toilet because they were flushing baggies.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's not good for the pipes.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're gonna have problems coming right back up.
Speaker 1: That's ord five minutes. That was like one million dollars worth of drugs. A million dollars worth of drugs. Yeah, and it all went down in the first flush. I was very impressed with the water pressure.
Speaker 3: Baggies and then all the cigarettes, Like, you don't have to flush the cigarettes, bro, you're just clogging your pipes sod.
Speaker 1: And also, excuse me, sir, but that runs right into the ocean. Oh, it's really not good for the fishing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, only the two of you would be so obsessed.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was with the part I'm so nervous about my toilet all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you have any toilets. You have to jiggle, jiggle, jiggle. Oh, it's just like No. We have one of those toilets that it's like suspended on the wall. It's like a wall mount so it doesn't touch the ground. And then there's like a thing on the wall with a big button.
Speaker 3: And a little button that's fancy.
Speaker 1: You push it, you know, and it's loose. And my husband's not the best with home repairs, so he just rides it down on a list somewhere. I don't know where that is. But every morning I get here him go in the bathroom. When he pushes the thing, the case falls off the wall like into the toilet. And I heard him this morning.
Speaker 3: He's like, God, damn, toilets are very fragile, and you cannot pour so many pills and baggies.
Speaker 2: I used too much toilet paper.
Speaker 1: That does not surprise me. At what kind of toilet paper do you use?
Speaker 2: I've just it might have been a couple times to use less toilet paper because I might clog the toilet.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: I like it clean, you guys, sorry, I like it clean.
Speaker 3: We had an apartment manager once that literally told us we need to flush, like.
Speaker 2: Use a little toilet paper and flush use and you can't just like do a little flush if you're like hold it down and make sure it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, toilets are they're very finicky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very I won't get into the phantom flusher, but people out there, if you've had it, if you know, you know.
Speaker 1: It's when you're toilet. I won't go into tons of detail.
Speaker 3: Something gets loose in the back that back square thing of the toilet, you know, the like.
Speaker 1: Mm hm where all the things are uh huh.
Speaker 3: So that the water like something hams with the water, so you just get phantom flushing. So like in the middle of the night, the toilet just flushes itself.
Speaker 2: I've never had that. No, that's scary.
Speaker 1: I digress. But okay, Well, when they bust into the apartment, why would the cops cough them straight away like they just warrant to search the apartment. They wouldn't hand up them and throw them on the ground like that. I completely agree.
Speaker 3: And they clearly don't have an arrest warrant for Dylan.
Speaker 1: Right, they only had a stuf that.
Speaker 3: I thought this was a TV.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: Didn't work for me.
Speaker 3: Your overalls were phenomenal, though, Tory Donna was wearing a Darling overalls.
Speaker 1: We love her. Yeah, I wrote down, Brandon needs a tan uh huh.
Speaker 2: He always had this, like he always had a farmer's hand.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch that. I thought his arms were excellent.
Speaker 2: No, in real life, I mean like in the makeup.
Speaker 1: Trailer and stuff. We would see it.
Speaker 2: Like I just remember always going huh.
Speaker 1: Any d I wasn't one for the body makeup.
Speaker 2: Like he would always have a T shirt on, so if he ever had to take it off, he would have his T shirt mark because T shirt.
Speaker 1: H I don't know. It was a very action packed episode. It was a great episode.
Speaker 3: I noticed I did not care for the latter of food at the wedding reception.
Speaker 1: It looked kind of yucky, but otherwise fine. Yeah, I love Dylan's line you're on the edge silver, don't jump. Yeah, it's deep. Dylan's a stud.
Speaker 2: Did Dylan say it or Anne?
Speaker 3: I loved it, though I was not like sometimes it feels like homework, you know, like, oh shoot, I have to watch the episode.
Speaker 1: It fel real.
Speaker 3: It was sucked in with my or just like I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good episode. I did feel like it was. There's so much happening, That's why I guess I felt like it was really long. But at it really did end well for me because I love a good haven Aguila moment. You know like that. Everybody's have an agiling? Is that what you call it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did that put a nice button on it?
Speaker 1: It buttoned it nicely, Availava?
Speaker 3: Is that normally in the chairs? Because they obviously yet they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Put the pregnancy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Can we talk about her outfit? She borrowed it from Grandma Rose, her wedding dress.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure thing is so pregnant.
Speaker 1: It's hard wardrobe and pregnancy very difficult.
Speaker 3: Big difference between Brenda's wedding dress.
Speaker 1: Und Oh, what do we like that? We rate it? Yeah? I like Jesse too? My boarding missing boards missing Yeah. Wow, there's a lot to rate in there.
Speaker 3: I know it's hard to give it like one number.
Speaker 1: I think I feel ready?
Speaker 2: Can I give it on?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm ready, Okay, I'm ready, Okay, don't we rich on her hand? Eight and a half and nine and one quarter? Wait?
Speaker 2: Why what's the one quarter?
Speaker 1: One quarter? Why not?
Speaker 3: Because it's not ten it's not ten, but it's above close. Yeah, it's not close to freaking solid episode.
Speaker 1: Solid really was really good job, guys, good job.
Speaker 2: Ah, it makes me really want to watch next week. I got to tell you that.
Speaker 1: You really, because next week is called Addicted to Love.
Speaker 3: I had a hard time not letting it roll into the next one. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I was like, shall I never have that problem? But it's fair.
Speaker 1: So we we end this episode Andrea and Jesse are married, they're having a baby, Brandon's with Lucinda. They're they're busy eating each other. Oh the girl eating their faces, dirty bird.
Speaker 2: We got to ask her if she has the click the draw click now do we?
Speaker 1: Yes? We do? All right, David's getting clean and they're on the Men. Donn and David are on the Men and we're ready for Steve action. Yesh's back with Brenda. Yeah, she's d Kelly or whatever. He doesn't have a little sister anymore. But you're worth She's what happened?
Speaker 2: Do you guys feel the separation of Brenda and the girls.
Speaker 3: Well, it's so interesting you say that, because it's like I know that she's leaving the show in ten weeks. Now, but I don't know if at the time I would have noticed.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: But knowing what we know, it's hard to not watch it through that lens.
Speaker 3: It's just dud getting though smaller and smaller her part.
Speaker 1: I don't think we knew or I don't recall knowing that she was a leader.
Speaker 2: No, No, we didn't know.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't.
Speaker 3: Do you think you knew at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Was she married to Ashley Hamilton yet or not yet?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know these things. I think David Gaale was comparing that.
Speaker 3: Remember, he was like, I was marrying her at the same time she was marrying that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh right, it's just weird. Yeah, I guess there's ten episodes for a long time.
Speaker 3: So what I wonder is if you guys knew when the season ended, or if it got kind of contentious with them over the summer, because obviously you have to sign up for seven right when you start a show, don't you agree to do seven years?
Speaker 1: And you're like, first contract? Where's rank?
Speaker 3: You mean?
Speaker 1: Randy on that one? Yeah? Think that you Randall James?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Randy, do you always have to agree to seven seasons? When you do a show or is that like, no, is he here again?
Speaker 1: This is going to make him so mad his big moment.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, damn toilet or something. I don't know, because I also would like to ask him, like, did they know yet that Brenda was going to be leaving the show? And were they like we know, like was it yeah?
Speaker 1: He wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Would that be something that Randy would get a call from from your dad or from Darren or whoever's sort of dealing with that stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we'll never know. And now Randy's gonna get fired.
Speaker 2: Can you text him right now?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 1: It says he's on our call right now, which is just a just a lie.
Speaker 4: I'm listening, Okay.
Speaker 2: We were saying that we're starting to notice in hindsight now rewatching it that Brenda's kind of the separation from the girls, and would we have known yet that she was not coming back next season or did we not know at this point?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't think you would have known.
Speaker 1: And Amy was asking, do you sign a seven year contract for a series like this?
Speaker 4: Back then they would have had an option.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No, I think yeah, they would have had an option for us probably the first season plus six.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Randy is it an option at their discretion, So like it's a one plus six and they can pick up your option or not.
Speaker 1: Correct ooh, the plot thickens now.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. If somebody is really unhappy on a show, and they often the producers will let them out of the show if it's really contentious. What they'll say is, fine, we're gonna let you out, but we're not gonna let you work on another series until your original right.
Speaker 3: But would you you'd get paid then.
Speaker 4: No, No, if you want off the show, we'll let you off the show. We're not going to pay you because you didn't work, but we'd rather have that than you show up to work miserable.
Speaker 5: You know, all this negative energy barely, you know, not putting any Somebody can meet the terms of their contract and say their lines, but just sort of say the lines flat and.
Speaker 3: Just rhone it in you.
Speaker 4: So there's ways around that. But they they could, you know, keep her from working for someone else on another show and our contract was up or someone's contract was up.
Speaker 1: But what's the flip side of that?
Speaker 2: If you have a contract that's as you said, six plus one.
Speaker 1: So sevent season, let's say seven, they don't.
Speaker 2: Want to keep you, but you have a contract that says you can be there.
Speaker 4: They have an option. Here, they have an option, and there are certain dates where where they have to pick up your option by like six months from the the shooting of the final episode or from the final episodes airs, that kind of thing. They have to make a decision and pick up your option for the following season.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been able to get a contract that's like you pay her, play like you have to pay my client. I don't know if it's called that. We're like, okay, say you were doing a deal for Jenny, it's a one plus five, but they have to pay her even if they don't pick up her option. Where it's like you must pay her, you're guaranteeing or.
Speaker 1: This if the show goes.
Speaker 4: No, although there there are probably deals like that, like for example, when they when they had when they got all the Friends cast to reach Yeah there there, I'm sure there was some sort of guarantee built into that renegotiation, you know.
Speaker 3: Fascinating It seems that the contracts are really advantageous to the show as opposed to.
Speaker 2: The Actwait, Amy, are you asking all these questions because you're gonna fire us?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Because what is happening? And I'm kidding no, not at all.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's quite the opposite.
Speaker 1: Inside Info Randy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, well, I'm really excited for next week, so do your homework.