Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our.
Speaker 2: Two on this Tuesday, two days away until the kickoff for the NFL season. We'll talk to RG three. He's working for Fox as a college football inlands former Heisman winner. He'll join us in about twenty minutes from now. We'll talk about the hype and the lack of production for Bill Belichick and North Carolina last night, and certainly Arch Manning and Texas, Ohio State.
Speaker 3: A big winner.
Speaker 2: Florida State, I thought was the biggest winner of the weekend, upsetting Alabama, LSU going into Clemson getting a win that was big as well. Miami holding off Notre Dame South Carolina. They're a fun team. They roughed up Virginia Tech and TCU. Of course, that was the other team in Bill Belichick's debut. I don't know if it's going to be a trivial pursuit question years from now, who is the team that beat Bill Belichick in his college football debut. I don't know, because TCU got no attention last night eight seven to seven to three. DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Our stat of the day has always brought you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Good morning, those watching on Peacock, that's our streaming partner, or listening on our great radio affiliates around the country. Speaking of Peacock, The Office, the crew that brought you The Office has a new comedy of underdogs with major issues. Stream the paper September fourth, only on Peacock. Seaton pulled question from our one final results and then our twos.
Speaker 3: Twos pole question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have up there coverage that didn't match the reality arch Manning or Bill Belichick? Right now, Bill's got about sixty four percent of that vote that his all that hype didn't really match the way that team performs.
Speaker 2: No, the fact they were blown out. At least arch Manning had a chance to win that game. They were in the game at the end. Belichick the second half that they had no shot whatsoever. Right, pull question for hour two is going to be, let's there's something positive? Huh? Who had the best weekend? Oh, we love to do that on a Monday. On a Tuesday, that's really a Monday, man. We have best and worst of the weekend. Your phone calls eight seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler's sitting by. What are the nominees for who had the best weekend?
Speaker 4: Well, the Miami Hurricanes certainly started. They had a great weekend. Yeah, it's a great way to start. Florida State. Florida State would be option number two on that list. Yes, if you change one letter from FSU, LSU had a great and they would start as well. Ls or Lee Corso, I thought you were have FU.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, if you just.
Speaker 2: Take out the s or Lee Corso you had a great weekend, I'd say Lee Corso, I had the best weekend.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That was a great sendoff. And man, decades decades of entertainment, what that show meant to college football? What he's meant to college football to be able to start your career with the headgear and it's brutus the Buckeye, and then you end it with the same. All of his picks ended up winning. All of the schools that he coached ended up winning. The coach you know where he played, Florida State ended up winning. It was great And I want to give a special shout out to Kirk Herbstreet because Herbie was so good in the last couple of years with coach Coach Corso. He knew that coach was struggling a little bit. But Herbie was so good and so attentive and listening and trying to help him along. And I thought he did a wonderful job. And you know, as somebody who's been in TV for a long time, just to understand so small, subtle, but really it was very important to make sure that Lee Corso, you know, didn't embarrass himself, you know, or feel you know, bad about his performance. And you know, obviously, you know, struggling and at his age, obviously understandable. But Herbie did a great job. And it's small thing, and it's just kind of like they're where you're going to help him if it looks like he might stumble a little bit. But it's a it's a great show, wonderful h They've got talent, and the talent knows what they're they're they're supposed to do. McAfee as the hype master. Saban is so he's so good, has a sneaky, sneaky sense of humor that I love. And Reese is wonderful, you know, to do that, and sometimes you forget who's doing it. And Chris Fowler before him. Desmond in there having won, won a super Bowl, won a high They just and Fox is still trying to figure that out. And I was kind of flipping back and forth to see how they were going to use Dave Portnoy from Barstool Sports, and you know, they won him. I think in the McAfee role, it was it was more w W. E was more aggressive than it needed to be. You know, obviously he went to Michigan, doesn't like Ohio State. Wanted to kind of rile up the fans there. But Urban Meyer is not Nick Saban.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know, Rob Stone does a great job.
Speaker 2: And you got linerd in there, Brady Quinn in there, mark Ingram in there. They're trying, they're trying, and they're trying to go head to head with them, and I think, uh, it's it's the same thing that happened when I was at Sports Center and Keith Oberman and Chris Myers went to Fox Sports and they were going to develop their own sports center and I'm like, man, good luck. My My quote was pack of lunch, dude, and you don't pack dinner as well, because you have a head start on people with your viewing patterns, and it's rare when you change your viewing patterns. Now, what helps Fox is they did have that big game and you're tuning in, and maybe you tune in and you see something, and then maybe you tune in for a little longer. The next time. You got to play the long game. And TV people don't play the long game. They're like, no, that didn't work, let's change it. But if you're going to go after ESPN in college game day that's been a staple for decades, you gotta be strategic and you got to be willing to be in for the long haul because it's not going to happen overnight. I don't care who you have in there. It doesn't happen overnight. And even if it does, you got to be a little suspicious about that. And you want to make sure that people are tuning in their regular you know, that's your fan base. But if you get drive bys, you know, just curiosity seekers, maybe you get some of them to stay. But Game Day know what they're doing. They know they've got the formula. They created the formulas. It's Coca cola versus pepsi, and Fox is hoping they're pepsi to Coke because ESPN does a wonderful job, but a nice send off for a coach Corso and you know, now it turns out now it's McAfee's show, McAfee and Urban kind of going back and forth, and.
Speaker 3: You know that's a saving I should say.
Speaker 2: But those guys going back and forth and having fun with each other and kind of the young guy, the old guy, loud guy, quiet guy, player coach, all of that and it works, and the features are wonderful as well. That Game Day comes to town. It's a big deal, a big deal, and Fox be patient, be patient, yeampooning.
Speaker 5: It's fun to learn more about the history of game Day, which we know, but to have everyone see that the first headset pick, a brutus at Ohio State, almost didn't happen and Herbstreet's wife had to help broker the deal. And then became such appointment programming that even if you didn't watch all of Game Day, when you knew the headset pick was coming, you'd turned back and check it out and see the crowd go berserk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm old enough to remember coach Corso when he was at Indiana and he wasn't you know, he was an average college coach. But this is what ESPN is able to do. Dick fi Town was an average, below average coach. Kirbye wasn't a great college player. I mean Desmond won the Heisman. You know, David Pollock when he was on There's a former first round pick of the Bengals but got injured. You know, you're but ESPN will make a star out of you. That's the power of ESPN. I mean, Chris Fowler was not even on Sports Center and he became a star there. Uh you know, I think that's that's where it's the four letters and how powerful those four letters are. And I certainly understood that when I got out of ESPN, and it's like, oh, yeah, you used to work at ESPN, Like, uh okay. It was kind of a reality check there. And most people who leave ESPN find that out that all of a sudden, you're not as popular, not as good, not as many people care.
Speaker 3: It's like you used to work at ESPN.
Speaker 2: But in fact, when people ask, and when I left, I had a couple of anchors who wanted They were like, hey, how do I do what you're doing? I said, stay there, stay there, you know, don't this is I'm making this look it's not easy. Stay there, and three of them did and they made the right decision. But it's powerful, man, those letters still powerful and watching that and understanding John Clayton. John Clayton became a household name, certainly in the sports world because of ESPN, and then they make a commercial with John. You know, but by Town Town wasn't a good coach, but then all of a sudden he had a style and became a star. That's the power, and that's what Fox is up against. You're going to You're not going against people as much as you're going a thing. You're going against game day. It's game days in town. It's not McAfee's in town or Saban's in town. It's this that big semi truck comes in and game days in town. But got to watch a lot of the coverage over the weekend with college football and it's great. Got NFL coming up. Also, the Matthew Stafford situation. I guess he's going to play in Week one. It was a little bit of an uncertainty there with his back, but this is going to linger. He's thirty seven. Nobody's gonna question his toughness, but is he going to be able to play? And this is where is Jimmy Garoppolo as Plan B going to be enough for the Rams? Because I feel like at some point you're gonna need Jimmy gar I mean this happens to even young quarterbacks. But they brought in a high end backup quarterback who's been to a Super Bowl. And you're asking Matthew Stafford to hold up for seventeen games and then go into the playoffs. Uh, you know he's going to be there. I still wonder about Kirk Cousins and does he end up on a roster at some point this year?
Speaker 3: And I feel like that he will.
Speaker 2: And if you had that early injury to a team that's really good, and that's when you go, we don't we don't want to lose this season.
Speaker 3: You could bring in Kirk Cousin.
Speaker 2: Now he's going to cost you, but I still feel like Kirk Cousins could play a large role in what's going to happen this year. All Right, we got our poll question Lucas in Texas. Hi, Luke lead us off this hour best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 6: Hey the end of.
Speaker 7: Morning morning, I'll quick best and worse, and then a couple of additions maybe to the poll question best, I'll well, I will give credit to the Big Young kickoff on Fox. They don't typically yield territory to ESPN, but they did the last few minutes of their broadcast to also pig tribute to Corso, and I thought that was a classic move. I did appreciate that a worse in today's college football team, not being the center of attention, not being talked about, is almost as bad as being a bad team. And I had to go out of my way to look up USC's score. I mean, they just feel like they have fallen off the football to the edge of the football world in some means. And so that was definitely something that was noticeable to me this weekend. A couple of additions to the who had the best weekend? Paul I like to go individuals. Shane Beemer calling a part return back to score a special teams touchdown to beat his dad's school, and his own school was pretty cool. Team Gus Melaton run over Alabama as the OC at Florida State, you know, once every five years or so. He's good for just destroying an Alabama team and that's always fun to watch. Well, what about up or one other one? How about one Bob Kraft? I think rober Kraft had a pretty good weekend, if we all know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, I think having Drake May and Mike rabel h He's already won. I don't think Belichick losing makes Robert Kraft, you know, look any better. They moved on, they needed to move on. Yeah, they made the right decision. Absolutely. They made the wrong decision on Brady, They made right decision on Bill. Yes, Tom, do you think.
Speaker 8: Rober Kraft took joy in what happened last night?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's one thing, you know, to move.
Speaker 8: On and you know and that you know their patriots are going forward and everything. But I'm just curious that what he how he felt to me?
Speaker 3: What do you think? I think he had a little grin there, Okay, a little smirk. Keith and Chico. Hi, Keith, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 7: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 6: Five six, one seventy. Best of the weekend.
Speaker 7: I wanted to comment on how good Bryce Underwood looked for his Michigan debut.
Speaker 3: It looks really big and strong.
Speaker 7: The worst of the weekend. I thought the offensive game for Ohio State and Texas was just atrocious.
Speaker 3: They need to take off the training wheels.
Speaker 6: Thanks again, Dan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was surprised at how boring their offenses were. I didn't think Texas would have a boring offense Ohio State. I understand that when you're starting somebody and he's making his first start. Granted it's at home against Texas, but they got weapons wide receivers.
Speaker 3: I I don't know. I was surprised that it wasn't a little more step on the accelerator was.
Speaker 2: I was surprised at Texas because Steve Sarkisian is supposed to man. He can dial up some play. I get the first quarter, let let him ease in that after that. You're in this game. Now, I might say, we're in this game. We don't want to take chances, okay, but I thought you might see a little more aggressive.
Speaker 3: Manner from Texas and it just didn't happen.
Speaker 9: Yes, Marv, I mean he drew up some good plays on the last drive, only if the throws were a little better.
Speaker 2: When you're nervous, you throw higher. And I remember Brett Favre saying this that you know he would get all wound up and he would throw higher. Arch was kind of an equal opportunity thrower. He would throw low or throw high. And then Sarkesian said, hey, he's got to stop that side arm stuff that he was throwing a few of those. Yes, Marv, but.
Speaker 3: He was showing off the wheels. Though. He's got mobility. I mean, yes he does.
Speaker 2: I mean they made him sound like a track star and he's not RG three man. Hey, man, he can beat you with his legs.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, Mark, Well it was because of the last name Manning Wheels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's got him.
Speaker 9: But as far as like football speed, no, but Manning speed.
Speaker 6: He's a burn.
Speaker 3: No, he's got athleticism.
Speaker 5: So he does fast for a Manning or fast?
Speaker 2: No, he's I think he's fast. He might be Andrew Luck type fast. He's not RG three fast. Not many people are. We'll talk to our G three.
Speaker 3: He'll join us. Coming up next.
Speaker 2: More of your phone calls on this Tuesday, Best and Worst to the weekend.
Speaker 3: We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Hey it's Ben, host of The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking what in God's name is the Fifth Hour? I'll tell you it's a spin off of it. Ben Maler show a cult hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will?
Speaker 2: A world will?
Speaker 10: We chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, have Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: More of your phone calls coming up, best and worst of the weekend. We will give you hours coming up a little bit. RG three newest edition to the Fox College Football Analyst Team. He was on the call for his alma mater versus Auburn uh oh, and he'll have Delaware in Colorado coming up this Saturday. Also check out his podcast out of Pocket with RG three. We made a big deal about arch Manning's debut. Not many players make their debut on a national stage against the defending national champs on the road. Here, it feels like we should be grading on a curve here RG three because Peyton started out with who did Peyton play?
Speaker 6: East Carolina?
Speaker 3: EA's Carolina, and then Eli started out with Morgan State or something, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Murray State, and then Arch starts out with Ohio State. How do you okay, what do you take away from Arch's debut?
Speaker 11: Well, Dan Payton also, you know, had a pretty bad game against Washington State when he went seven to fourteen, had a takeover and during that game, and they still won that game ten to nine. But for me, with Arch Manning, this is just the epitome of the media building him up just to tear him back down. And there's a lot of people jumping ship on him. But I do think you're allowed to say that he struggled.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 11: He misthrows mechanically, he looked like something was bothering him. I don't know if maybe his shoulder was hurting or something, but he wasn't following through in a lot of his throws. Then they were going at guy's ankles, you know, really throughout the entirety of the game. So I think for Arch, listen, that Manning name on the back of your jersey is going to add extra scrutiny to everything that he does. But I don't think that he now just doesn't know how to play football at all. I think he had a bad game. I think we're all allowed to have a bad day, and how he responds moving forward throughout the rest of the season will really determine all of his hopes and dreams being the number one pick, you know, being a Heisman Trophy winner or Trophy candidate in general will all be determined by how he plays the rest of the year. But I think people piling on him now are really just trying to take shots at the mannings that they feel like they've never had a true chance to do.
Speaker 6: And I don't think that's right.
Speaker 2: But this is what surprised me probably the most. You got Steve Sarcusian. He played the position. He's an offensive minded head coach. You're going against a defense that led is led by Matt Patricia, who, of course with Bill Belichick. What could Matt Patricia possibly dial up scheme that Steve Sarkisian wouldn't go, Hey, I've seen that before or I haven't seen Like what that's what everybody's like, Oh my gosh, he's game plan, you know, confused Texas how many game plan schemes can you have that's going to confuse Steve Syracuseian.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Dan, I don't think that they confused Texas at all.
Speaker 6: And this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: We had a lot of people talking about how Arch was a generational talent going into this game after him only starting three games.
Speaker 6: Does his name have a little bit.
Speaker 11: To do with that, Yes, But he also possesses a trait that the two most famous Mannings that we know of, with Peyton and Eli, really didn't, which was his legs and his ability to make plays as a scrambling quarterback and as a dual threat. But on the other side of that, there's also the protection of Arch where they're saying, oh, it wasn't It wasn't Arch, it was the scheme. I watched all the tape three times and there are a countless amount of plays that Arch didn't make in that game, or was short on a throw first pass to the game, rolling to his right, throws it at his receiver's ankles. And it's okay to bring that up because it's what the tape says, and the eye in the sky doesn't lie. But when you're a play caller like Steve Sarkisian and you're drawing up these plays and they're there. They gave him a lot of pure progression reads, which means it doesn't matter what Matt Patricia calls here, you're going one to two to three, and Arch was getting through his reads. He just didn't make those throws. Now you're putting yourself behind the eight ball second and long, third and long, and those are places you don't want to be on the road going against the number three team in the country. So I think all these things are very easily fixable. But as you know, in this media game, it gets to extremes where people are piling on him too much or they're protecting him too much. At the end of the day, Arch Manning has to go out there and make the plays that are there. I don't think Steve Sarkisian was trying to protect him with his play calls. I just think that it just wasn't their day.
Speaker 2: If Alabama is averaged this season finished, that sentence.
Speaker 6: Is what is average?
Speaker 3: Dan, give me a record five loss four or five losses?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, Kaitlyn the Boar's tired and I'm a Kaitlyn de Boor guy. He's been a winner everywhere he's been. Just to me, with Alabama, it kind of reminds me of like players when they go to a different place and they find success where they didn't have it in the previous stop. Sometimes it's not that the player can't play, they're just not in the right system.
Speaker 6: It's not the right fit.
Speaker 11: And for Kaylen de Bor, if Alabama loses four to five games this year, that doesn't fly. At Alabama, there's an expectation of greatness and expectation of national championships, an expectation of at least being in the national championship picture. And September is going to be very, very difficult. They're playing Georgia here in a few weeks, and Kaylen de Bor's leadership style is like the complete opposite in contrast to Nick Saban and how he handled his team. But I do believe that the fear factor of playing against Bama has been eroded by a number of things, not just Saban not being there, but also in nil the transfer portal. Bama's just not as deep as it used to be and doesn't have that factor of hey, our three deep is better than your starters, because those three deeps are now playing at other schools, which is leveling the playing field in college football. So that's my long way of answering and saying I love Kaylen Deboor. I think he's a great coach. He just might not be the coach for Alabama. But if he wins and they end up being in the National Championship picture, I do think that he survives.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to RG three Funks, college football analyst and his podcast out of Pocket with RG three.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember when Kaitlyn de Boor joined us when he went to Alabama. I said, do you know what you're getting into? And he was like yeah, And I'm like you even if you think you know what you're getting into, you're not. It'd be like trying to be the president of the United States. You know what you're getting into? I think, yeah, I think no, you have no idea, even Belichick getting into college football. Okay, seventy new players and you're having eighteen and nineteen year olds. You know this isn't NFL, you know, veteran taking care of business.
Speaker 3: Seventy new players. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like, if they win eight games, that's probably what is expected. But after last night, if I said eight wins over under you would take.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'd take the under.
Speaker 11: There's a deeper conversation here with Bill Belichick in this North Carolina team as well. You talk about those seventy new players you mentioned Dan in the NFL. These guys are trying to, you know, put food on the plates of their family, right, grown men, They understand their responsibilities.
Speaker 6: They take it as a job.
Speaker 11: Those seventy new players are trying to figure out where the utensils go at the dinner table.
Speaker 6: Right. So these guys, these are young men, and you're having to mold them.
Speaker 11: And I'm not saying, hey, throw in the towel on Bill Belichick and Lombardi and what they're trying to build there at Chapel Hill. What I am saying is that it was not recognizable for a Bill Belichick football team.
Speaker 6: He always talks about doing your job.
Speaker 11: They lost a turnover battle right three to one through an interception, had four fumbles and they lost only two of them. But they gave up one hundred yard rusher, they gave up one hundred yard receiver, and then quarterback Josh Hoover threw for two hundred and eighty four yards. So for me, you watch the defense, no gap, integrity, no identity. They weren't running to the football. And Kendall Brows is the offensive coordinator for TCU, and he was our receiver coach when I was in college. And I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but I know for a fact that every single college coach that is going to face Bill Belichick this year is licking their chops to show him and show his staff that their scheme is better than his. Because for decades now, Dan NFL coaches have silently been telling college coaches, hey man, that college stuff don't work up here. And now he's going to the college realm and they're all going to be saying, huh a, Bill, that NFL stuff don't work over here. They're going to use this as fuel to the fire because I know a lot of players feel the same way that the college coaches do. Why aren't we running more of these college schemes in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Explain that? To explain that to me in our audience.
Speaker 2: So what exactly is it the North Carolina is trying to do that is going to be to their detriment, first.
Speaker 11: And foremost, when you talk about the NFL, game compared to the college game. The biggest difference isn't just the age of the guys in the maturity level, it's also the hash marks. So in college football, the hashes are much wider, so your boundary side of the field is shorter and the field is much wider, So some of the gap responsibilities that Bill Belichick is used to because of the tight hashes in the NFL they go by the wayside. I've had many NFL defensive coordinators when I played in college come to college and didn't know how to play college quarters because of the hash marks.
Speaker 6: Now you've got a safety play.
Speaker 11: Quarters with way more field that he has to cover on the field side, putting him in one on one matchups. It's why coverage in college football from the safety position is more important than it's ever been in the NFL because you can hide those guys and not have them on an island against a guy who runs a four to two. So when you look at Belichick and what their adjustments are gonna have to be, it's the tempo NFL.
Speaker 6: Most teams are only used to Temple in two miniae durals.
Speaker 11: I would just call Baylor versus Auburn both teams are in Temple the entire game, it was hard to get a replay in. They're gonna have to They're gonna have to adjust to those types of things. And then it's the it's the new guys. You brought in Go Lopez from South Alabama. You got Max Johnson there who came at the end of the game and played well although the game was already out of hand. Who's going to be your quarterback. Who's going to be your difference maker? In college? That's way more important than it is at the NFL level. If you get one Lamar Jackson in college, you can win eight games. In the NFL, you need Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry and Zay Flowers and Marlon Humphrey. And that's what I think Bill is more used to is those already pre qualified players that he knows are going to be where they're supposed to be. Now coming to the college ranks, it's just a lot different. And TCU exploited that Sonny Dyke said, Hey, they're talking about Bill, they should be talking about us.
Speaker 6: And I think they prove.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, when you talk about a quarterback make a difference, like you with Baylor like Cam at Auburn. Who's the greatest college quarterback of all time?
Speaker 3: In your opinion?
Speaker 11: The greatest college quarterback of all time? Just from a pure accolade standpoint, you know, I'd have to go with Tim Tebow. I think what he was able to accomplish at Florida, the speeches, how.
Speaker 2: About one year, one year, one year, greatest college quarterback.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm gonna exclude myself from the summers.
Speaker 2: Of course, is going to put that out unless you feel like you're you had the greatest single.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I just think I think what we were able to accomplish that Baylor hasn't been accomplished anywhere else in the turnaround that we did. But it's a conversation for another time. Again, I would say from a single greatest year, man, it's it's it's Cam Newton. It has to be Cam going from Blenn going to Auburn.
Speaker 6: Uh, and what.
Speaker 11: He was able to pull off, like some of those quarterback powers, Dan, I don't think anybody in the stadium wanted to tackle Cam on those quarterback powers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: And to see like he lined up a wide receiver and moss the dB like like he.
Speaker 6: Was doing it all that year.
Speaker 11: And I know Cam, Uh, you know, we talk a lot. We compete in overtime seven on seven with our with our seven on seven football teams. Uh, and Cam is he's out there, you know, the clothes, the hats, he does his thing. He's got his own swag. But when you talk about on the football field, that's probably the single greatest season I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: How do the Eagles not go to the Super Bowl? They don't stay healthy?
Speaker 11: When you we talked about the dynasty that is the Chiefs, the Chiefs were a dynasty. They were trying to do something that had never been done before. Now I think the Eagles have kind of taken that mantle of all right, let's go and repeat and see if we can build this thing over time. Uh, they're healthy, they're healthy right now. Obviously the combination of it's like the Big five for them on offense. You know, it's it's Jalen Hurts, It's Sakwon Barkley, AJ Brown, Devonte Smith and Dallas Goddard. That big five right there is certainly the best big five, uh in the NFL. Because it's never been a big five day and it's always been like a big three or a big two. So I think for the Eagles, as long as they you know, don't get complacent. They're they're the favorite to repeat a Super Bowl champs. It's just going to come down to them staying healthy. And I think Nick Sirianni is actually one of the best coaches in the NFL and doesn't get enough credit for what he's been able to do to keep that team together and focused over the last few years.
Speaker 2: What's it like to go back to pass and you have somebody with the athleticism of Micah Parsons like like like the it's a split second and you know he's there. You got to kind of keep an eye. Well, you tell me you're going back to pass and you know he's there. What is that feeling like for a quarterback?
Speaker 11: Oh, it's uh, it's it's nightmarish, I would say, because because Micah isn't just your Like I knew when I when I played DeMarcus where and we were playing with the Restings at the time and against Dallas Cowboys, I knew I could get away from DeMarcus because I was I was more athletic than the Marcus. But with Micah, like Micah beat Tyreek Hill in a race now, and I know Tyreek was was kind of jogging whatever, but still, uh, that was impressive. So you know, with Micah has changed the direction his acceleration and his speed. He can't he cannot only hit you hard, but he can run you down. So I know you're getting into the realm of like the Dallas Cowboys and making that trade. It doesn't make any sense to me because you kind of paid Duran Bland to kind of distract from the fact that you traded away Micah Parsons. And I'm always for guys getting the bread. I'm happy for Doran, but we're not gonna forget that you just trade or traded away the actual generational talent that you've been looking for. And you got only two first round picks for him. And those two first round picks, you know what they're you're hoping they become. Then you're hoping they become Micah Parsons. So that to me, you got to get at least three first round picks for him if you're going to.
Speaker 6: Trade them away.
Speaker 11: I've heard a lot of stuff behind the scenes when it comes to Micah, but on the football field, his production is very hard to replicate. You have to ask yourself who's in a better position now to win the Super Bowl? Is it the Dallas Cowboys or is it the Green Bay Packers? And I think overwhelmingly it's the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you as always, have fun, save travels to cd on.
Speaker 6: Appreciate your brother. Let's talk soon.
Speaker 2: That's RG three, Out of Pocket podcast with RG three and he has Saturday on Fox at three thirty Eastern Delaware against Colorado. When we come back, we're going to make some predictions offensive Defensive Player of the Year. Also our best and Worst of the weekend. Right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live. We're gonna pick the Offensive Player of the Year. Now keep this in mind if you're a fan of the Gambling podcast. Sammy p who was a professional gambler last year at this time, picked Saquon Barkley to be the Offensive Player of the Year at twenty to one odds and ended up winning just over twenty two. And he split that with Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy, and Ray Pa Ray, And I'll tell you Sammy Peas picked for the offensive player of the Year this year.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna wait.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let everybody make their pick for the offensive player of the year. There is a if you're watching on Peacock, Dylan and Ray they went to Vegas. They had to go to Vegas after Tahoe to cash their ticket. And then I thought they won't have any money. On the way back. Shyan Irving flies out to meet them out there, and I'm wondering if they're coming back at all. But they actually came back. They made some money, all right. Let me throw out a couple of things here. Who will lead the NFL in passing yards? Paul will start with you best odds according to DraftKings. Now that the person who is second on this list might surprise you. First on the list, I don't think will surprise you.
Speaker 5: This guy has very little defense and a lot of offense. It's gotta be Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow is correct. Who is second?
Speaker 2: Who is second according to DraftKings best odds to lead the NFL in passing seaton? You said surprising, yes, how about Jared Goff. He's fourth on the list. Marvin See, it took my guests go c J. Stroud he is seventh on the list.
Speaker 4: Okay, seventh is that's good?
Speaker 2: Todd Baker Mayfield he is fifth, Hall Tua Noah Dak Dak Prescott, Dak Prescott second. I said second on the list, Yes, second best odds, Matthew Stafford and then it's Mahomes Golf Baker, Rock Party, Josh Allen, c J. Stroud and Matthew Stafford. Who's going to lead the NFL in rushing arns? Marvin Yes? Whose second?
Speaker 8: Todd, I'm gonna go with the new Adam sand Lastar, Dereck Henry.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: Who's third? Best odds to lead the NFL in rushing? Paul Jonathan Taylor fourth seton Jamira Gibbs.
Speaker 3: No, he's sixth.
Speaker 2: B Jon Robinson then Jonathan Taylor, CMC odds to lead the NFL in sacks according to DraftKings. Paul Miles Garrett second, Marvin.
Speaker 6: T. J.
Speaker 3: Watt fourth, Todd.
Speaker 8: With a big chip on his shoulder, Micah Parson's.
Speaker 3: Third seton Nikolai Bosa.
Speaker 6: He is fifth.
Speaker 2: Aiden Hutchinson name is that actually, Nikola, Yeah, Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 6: Let me see how.
Speaker 2: About and how about an over underpassing touchdowns Aaron Rodgers Paul.
Speaker 6: Twenty four and a half, Todd.
Speaker 3: Twenty and a half, Marvin.
Speaker 9: Twenty two and a half.
Speaker 4: Bloop bloop bloop.
Speaker 2: Let me see, well that brings us to the Offensive Player of the Year. It's according to Draftkicks, Paul, you're gonna lead us off.
Speaker 5: They usually give MVP to a quarterback and a running back or wide receiver with it. I'm going b Jon Robinson from my pack.
Speaker 6: That's pack.
Speaker 3: It's my pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's your pick, Todd, who's your pick for Offensive Player of the year.
Speaker 8: They finished strong last year and they've got something to prove. Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: We'll light it out Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: Okay, Seaton, Am I not allowed to say Bjeon Rockins. You can say Bee that's my pick as well, Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right? This is his breakout year, Marvin.
Speaker 9: I think this guy goes off with the rookie quarterback, Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: Justin Jefferson. I'm gonna give you the odds. According to DraftKings, Saquon Barkley is tops. Jamar Chases second, Jamiir Gibbs third, Derrick Henry fourth, Bijon is fifth, Justin Jefferson is sixth, Pouka seventh, CMC after him, I'm taking Christian McCaffrey to be your offensive.
Speaker 3: Player the Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of a surprise there, but maybe you were sleeping on the forty nine ers. That's the oh POI, the Offensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: Oh POI. Brought to you by DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Download the DraftKings Pick six app used Cote Patrick opt in for free start stacking entries for Week one zero cons big upside in partnership with DraftKings Pick six.
Speaker 3: The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Let's go around the room, best and worst of the weekend, Todd, I'm gonna start with you best and.
Speaker 8: Worst best of the weekend. I agree with Andrew and Washington earlier. Coming up two and ten season Florida State snapping Alabama streak of twenty three straight wins and season openers stormed the fielding up to win to Tallahassee. Tammy Castellanos ran for seventy eight yards in the touchdown and through four hundred and fifty two yards thirty one seventeen Seminoles.
Speaker 3: Worst of the weekend Army.
Speaker 8: We haven't talked about Army getting stunned at West Point Saturday, losing thirty twenty seven in double overtime to the Texans of Charleton States.
Speaker 3: The Charleton State Texans beat Army Seaton.
Speaker 4: Best of the weekend was being out in Columbus for the game this weekend. What an atmosphere that was incredible. My first time ever at an Ohio State game. Certainly the tailgate. My worst of the weekend. I hit a rare quadruple. I'm calling it. Both of my flights on the way out were delayed. Both of my flights home were delayed. I don't know that I've ever had back to back to back to back delayed flights.
Speaker 3: But we made it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we made it. We went four from four. We went fourth for four.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Marvin. Best and worst of the week.
Speaker 9: Best of the weekend, Justice Haynes from Michigan sixteen carries, one hundred and fifty nine yards, three TVs and their big win over rival New Mexico. Worst of the weekend My Heisman picked Jeremiah Love only ten carries for thirty three yards of running back out of Notre Dame no good against the Hurricanes.
Speaker 5: Paul A couple best ESPN send off of Lee Corso, well done Miami Notre Dame playing again.
Speaker 6: I don't care who wins.
Speaker 5: I just love the fact that two heavyweights with a lot of history play. And then my other best from the US Military Academy Larry Pickett junior and his father. There was a car broken down and it was in a wreck, and it was on fire, and they pulled over and pulled the guy out of the car. So Larry Pickett Junior of Army Football.
Speaker 2: Well check in with North Carolina football coming up. More of your phone calls as well on this Tuesday Best and Worst of the weekend with Fret Saint Satan, Marv Paula, Yours truly update the poll results got a new one for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 3: We're back after this