Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 2: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanevik. Though let's get to some stocks on the move on this Tuesday, and uh, of course with us right now is Carmen Ryanicky. She's Bloomberg News stocks reporter, and she is with us. Actually, you've got a more impressive title than that.
Speaker 1: Nothing stocks professor.
Speaker 3: Professor is the relevant one to what we're talking here today, which is the stocks that are And that's against.
Speaker 2: The stocks reporter because that's a that's an important title too.
Speaker 4: But she's also a professor, and that's why we call her doctor Ryan.
Speaker 2: She wears several hats, got stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what's going on? What do you what do you have?
Speaker 3: So I'm watching Palo Alto Networks shares right now. This is ticker p A n W. So the stock is up about five percent right now. This is actually quite off the highs that we've seen in the extended session today. So it's a cybersecurity company. It reported earnings. Quarter results beat expectations, and it also raised its full year forecast. I think this is a really important move because we've seen these sort of top cybersecurity names rally a lot of me there's been a recovery in software, but Palo Alto and CrowdStrike, which is also up and after hours today, have just gone up exponentially. I think they're both up, you know, fifty sixty percent in May alone. So seeing a continuation of this rally, which has taken the stock up to record highs is really important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite a kick. Like I feel like these are not the names we talk about every day, right, but they have had some tremendous momentum all right, from high tech to cosmetics, yeah, care and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Another after hours mover, let's switch over to Alta, So this is.
Speaker 2: Technology involved in all that skincare.
Speaker 3: That's true. Ticker Ulta stock is up about four point seven percent right now. So the company also reported earnings. It reaffirmed its comparable sales forecast for the full year. It didn't want to note that this is the same sales forecast at last quarter, so in March sent stock down pretty considerably after they had sort of given a more cautious outlook for the year. So it seems like we might just be getting a little bit of a relief rally here. All to stock is down twenty percent or about twenty percent this year through Tuesday's.
Speaker 4: Close, and thirty percent from that high back on February seven. Execondly, Yeah, yeah, there was a big drop there in the.
Speaker 2: Earlier part of the year, all right, So moving in the after hours, so too is git lab Yeah, in a big way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this actually just had a huge reversal the stock. It's GTLB is the ticker. It's down about five point two percent right now. So the company reported earnings that seem pretty in line. I think what the stock's really reacting to right now is that the company is cutting about fourteen percent of its workforce three hundred and fifty rolls and exiting twenty two countries as a part of a major restructuring. Usually you would see a stock go up after you know, we're force Usually job cuts are kind of good, they're good for the bottom line. But looks like investors are not excited about this. I mean, I think exiting twenty two countries, that's pretty significant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes you wonder why, right what? And we'll look for some more maybe clarification on the call and some color around. What's going on? Are you looking for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll got it. We'll get it soon. Okay, I'm still looking at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just swung negative like a few minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Because I'm gonna say, when we broke it, right, we saw it kicked to the upside. So kind of interesting to see. So we'll look for some more com Yeah.
Speaker 4: From narrowing, it's just your revenue forecast second quarter. Yeah, it's a let's see, uh sea's revenue one point one one billion to one point one two billion, saw one point one to one point one two.
Speaker 3: A lot of much what it is, a lot of the numbers looked okay, Yeah, so I'm wondering. Okay, so we'll be keeping an eye on that one. I'm gonna go listen to the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only exitting twenty two countries a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sures down in the after hours now four point one percent.
Speaker 2: We're just making the sausage as we go.
Speaker 4: Especially after hours with these companies, and even if the call hasn't started.
Speaker 3: Yet, you know, I know, they move quickly and you never know.
Speaker 1: The stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.