Speaker 1: I have a crush on the foreign exchange student in my class. Should I go for it? You know our answer, as long as you're not the teacher. Calm down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the pregame.
Speaker 1: Our wonderful producer Ryan is back, so that's what we were just talking about.
Speaker 2: If he takes a lot of vacations or just jealous. Yeah, and Ryan also works very hard.
Speaker 1: Back. Part of ise not routine. Part of his rundown today included Jimmy Johnson saying goodbye, which we are going to talk about on the Big Show. Coach Jimmy Johnson saying that he was going going to be leaving Fox, so we will discuss that on the Big Show. But welcome to the pregame, my angel. We've got a lot of fun questions this week. We'll just jump right into it. Shall we say this name? Okay, can be Bambi too?
Speaker 2: Why would you have said it? I think that's funny. Can't be Bambi. I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny and I don't know why I added an extra B and canby, but it's adorable.
Speaker 2: What do you like better packing or unpacking for a trip. Neither hate it.
Speaker 1: I was talking to somebody today who handles potentially current affairs for you and I just some things about potentially everything's potentially some stuff coming up, and they were like, well, if we could get you guys both there going out of state? I said, I got to be honest, if there's any way we could do it in state, I said. She and I travel for six months out of the year, and the last thing we want to do is travel.
Speaker 2: Hope you don't mind. I spoke for you. You can speak.
Speaker 1: It's the same thought process, everything's the same thought In fact, you said, although you said neither and I said neither, which one is it? They both both don't touch that my grammar.
Speaker 2: It's horrific.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, it is so crusty and it really hurts. How's it coming along? For those of you that are new, Aaron's working through some an issue on her upper lip. But it's not what you think it is is it's not. It's a pre skin cancer situation. And so we did a cream. I'm doing I did a cream for five days on it. We'll get into this in the in the big show, because I am now going God, this shadow is so aggressive.
Speaker 2: That's also something we'll get to in the big show.
Speaker 1: Doing our own makeup and doing the appointments that you need to do.
Speaker 2: I went for the old.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a great idea until you get in the car, skin check the whole shebang, she bangs, she bangs, bangs. I want to pass out in the middle of it because I'm like so afraid they're going to find something. We'll talk about it in the big show, okay, because I have questions about that. Actually, since I've never done a cold body stand, I know. Okay, then I need you to help me with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: We don't like packing or unpacking, but if I have to choose, I would say I prefer unpacking because it's very I am a as soon as I don't want to say as soon as I get in the door, but like within the hour or the second hour, that thing is unpacked and it's like thrown into laundry because I don't.
Speaker 2: Like the suitcase just there. Steve is notorious.
Speaker 1: That suitcase stays packed until the next trip he goes on, and it drives me nuts and I'm like, you know what again, let him.
Speaker 2: That's his problem on mine. Let him. He wants to keep that dingy closing there, that's on him, not me.
Speaker 1: I just have to it is your problem when it's in the middle of your floor, though, Nope.
Speaker 2: I throw it in his own little dressing area and.
Speaker 1: In the palatial palace that we live in, in his dressing area, I throwed it by his dresser, and I just it's not my problem. So yeah, unpacking it makes me feel good and organized to just be done with that now. I like to unpack when I'm on the road. That is something I have inherited from my husband. He does a full like we go away, We're so excited for a trip. He is give him fifteen. He's unpacked his suitcase, he's put it in drawers, he has hung it up.
Speaker 2: He is doing his thing, moment to moment, the people to people. What does that?
Speaker 1: And I do that when I'm on the road for games because I feel like I can function better if my shit is laid out, put out and I know where it is.
Speaker 2: I do I didn't used to do that.
Speaker 1: I do that now because you do it, and it does make a big difference, and it doesn't make you feel so like all over the place, a little organization goes a long way.
Speaker 2: Nukes mostly Nina.
Speaker 1: When y'all get together, what's the drink you order where you know the night will be wild. I have a comment, but I won't make it because I don't want to get in trouble.
Speaker 2: No, not about you.
Speaker 1: I just don't want people reading into things, So I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be cautious. I don't know, because I guess it's shots.
Speaker 1: I mean, the last time we went out and it got wild, we were with Esso Hermosa No Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 2: You guys, did I think it was your decision?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Fireball?
Speaker 1: Did yaeger mister or shit Jegermeister? Yeah, Fireball and yaeger Mister. Yeah, but that's like once a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like two years ago. Yeah. I do love a f ball shot though. I'll get in the mix real quick with that. I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. It's Christmas in a cup, yes, right, so good. I can't do shots. I just can't. I'm a sipper. I like if I go get like a little tequila shot, but I'll sip it.
Speaker 2: I can't shoot it up.
Speaker 1: No. Oh yeah, no, I'm just like give it to me and like keep it moving. But I did stop doing shot. Does fireball count as a shot? It's Christmas in a cup, I don't think so, So let's let's omit that and then the Yaeger's like again every blue moon. I don't know though in college I love that ship. Oh my god, I do too. Love a blue moon.
Speaker 2: You the light sky? No, what's that?
Speaker 1: It's the lighter calorie version of blue moon called light sky or whatever.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: When Jarrett played for the Kings, my go to was a blue moon with an orange and a Wetzel's pretzel.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: I'm order shout out to Jonathan Quick for a shutout in his eight hundredth game. By the way, Oh my fricking cutie.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: But I got to ask him questions what he does about his knees in his lower back.
Speaker 2: He's been a hit fling back.
Speaker 1: God, dang, I've been having back pain lately and I just never had back pain. So I need to do a better job of stretching. I think on the ranch, yeah, probably all my ranch. And no, honestly it might be from that not trying to be dramatic, but like you know what you is, you do like weird muscles and stuff you're not normally doing, picking up hey.
Speaker 2: Barrels, you know, working around my lower backs?
Speaker 1: Hey, any moms out there, actually, anybody any ranchers out there that have advice or or Carissa's lower back, although we could ask NHL Royalty Jonathan Quick about that or any moms out there.
Speaker 2: My whole thing is picking up the toys and putting.
Speaker 1: The puzzles back together, and my lower I'm like, I'm gonna pull this puppy. I mean, I'm not like these cute twenty five year old moms with the twenty month old. No, but I think I was thinking about this today. And don't ask me why. I was thinking about being dead when he's in college. Yeah, okay, that's enough. After we got off the phone today and I was driving and I was thinking, wow, like picking up a kid, it's like he's getting bigger, and just like the bend down and pick up and the on the hip move. That doesn't bog me bug me as much as like bending over and putting all the puzzles together, like I sound old. When I'm done putting everything back together. I'm like, oh, it's like, do you hear yourself?
Speaker 2: Does he do that?
Speaker 1: Put his hands up like he wants you to pick him up? Because I want that. That's cute. I want to see it from him. We're so close to talking. We say yes, we say mama, we say dad, Dad, we say no. We're so so on the cusp of talking. But I don't like whining. Whining has never been my thing. I mean, I'm a whiner, but it's And then so we do the sign language, which I never thought i'd be in, you but really good habit for please and thank you because I know you did that. I m in the habit of please and thank you?
Speaker 2: More food? Oh how did you know sign language? My nannies come on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but when he does this, I'm like, do you want to go up? And if he says it, does this, say yes, yes, please?
Speaker 2: And really oh cute. I like that.
Speaker 1: I just think that's so cute when little kids like put their hands up and they want you to pick them up. Back to uh Mosley, Nina Martina answer this question. No, Martini's I know it's going to be a good night. We're going to get in the mix if I'm ordering a martini. Mm hmmm, that's mine.
Speaker 2: You're so consistent. I'm just sorrying boring.
Speaker 1: I'm not boring. You're consistent. And I wish like dwning you don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like white wine. I mean I love it. And then the South of France.
Speaker 1: Okay, anonymous, I have a crush on the foreign exchange student in my class. Should I go for it? You know our answer, as long as you're not the teacher. Oh good point, good point. Oh my god, it's a great point by you. Yeah, we got to keep that separate. We don't ever know that.
Speaker 2: This one is a great question.
Speaker 1: Andrew Tito one two three, ban the Tushprush yay or nay.
Speaker 2: I think they should ban that name. It's the brother Lee Shave. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I see both sides of it, eye too. And this is where I stand in life. And I know you feel passionate about this as well.
Speaker 2: Passionate kisses.
Speaker 1: I am not about to give my opinion on things in football because I haven't played. I am here to report what guys have told me, what I observe. I am so tired of people that never played giving their opinion. This is what I can report, I can report. I can say this. I've covered the Eagles. I love the Eagles. There's some of the best guys out there. They love it because it's working for them. But then cut to Chris Jones for the Super Bowl telling us, you know, listen, it does affect your body. You can get hurt doing this. And then the first time the Eagles attempted the brotherly shove, I'm doing a report about how he's got he has a stinger, So I see both sides. I have no idea what they're going to do. Yeah, well, I think that's interesting. I have opinions. I'm with you in the same way I have opinions on football because I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: So I still have.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to give an example of like people were like, you know, bitch about prior to you know, the Super Bowl, like oh, Kansas City, and then they went through it and around like, well, okay, I about that, yeah right, like those opinions like we're allowed to not that we're allowed for whatever. I probably should you clarify what I mean about opinions. I'm just so tired of people with talking that are talking heads that never played this board, that act like they did, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the experts on this. I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: So that's a great point about Chris Jones, as you reported on in the Super Bowl. If it's something like that where it affects both, I don't know, I don't know. It's an advantage and it's like just this, that's what they It's a skill set that they have because of Jalen Hurts, the skill set they have because of that offensive line because they thought to do it, and even like with Josh Allen, like the same kind of thing because he's a big, huge quarterback and like, I don't know, I don't know, I'm indifferent on that. You know, who'd be a good person to ask? Vic Fangio, defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles. I mean, he likes it, but if he had to go up against it, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. We will ask the players and report back.
Speaker 1: But thank you for the question, Andrew Tito kay finn NICKI, I'm so sorry. Is there an athlete you have yet to interview who you would love to Yeah, we know mine.
Speaker 2: Mine's always with the Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: But I don't ever want to interview with him because I would just be nervous about him having some weird tick and then I just couldn't get over it. He doesn't have a tick tick season. I've had to get four ticks out of my sweet Frankie's head because up at the ranch. Oh no, yep, you got.
Speaker 2: To watch for it when you're out. Do you know how to do it?
Speaker 1: You twist in your pull so you see when you worry about it getting on you. Yeah, I mean, but like so I burned the end the tip of a knife just to keep like an old steak knife that like in a plastic bag. Just burn it, like take a lighter so it heats up the end of it, and then you have to stick that into the head like the like the scalp of where it is, because you got to burn the tick head off, because that if it burrows into the head of the dog, then we got problems. We don't need that or like a human your lime disease or something, your dog's head. Yeah, but to kill the tick, it doesn't hurt them, but it like burns the head off and then they die and it's actually very rewarding. I have a thing now, I like comb through all their hair. I mean they have they're on medicine, but like they're I mean, those dogs are like in the wilderness.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but AnyWho, I digress. I don't know. Let me think about this. Let me think about this. Do you have one off the.
Speaker 1: Top of your head of an athlete an interview that you have and Larry Bird, I've never done a sit down interview with Sidney Crosby. I would have liked to do that back in the day when I was covering hockey, feel like, just you know, the greats of the game.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to do that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've never done a sit down with Lebron. Like, I don't know, I feel like in the checklist of it, I also didn't cover the NBA, but like, I don't know, I just feel like in the you know, your wall of fame where you have like the different pictures that you know of all the different experiences we've had, it would be nice to have a Michael Jordan and mix. Maybe I'll get over it, you know, maybe I will get over it. I would love you to get over it. We have a europe on this, Oh, it's okay. My question for me passionally at the ranch, did some of the dogs come with the ranch or did you rescue them? Great question, Great question, passionally. Actually, here's such a sweet homeward bound story. So when I got the ranch, about the ranch all the animals except there was like four dogs that were leaving with the previous The owner didn't live on the ranch full time who I bought it from, but he had a person that lived on the ranch full time. So that guy took the four dogs and left, but still lived close by. So I then got two great Pyrenees because you're supposed to have these great dogs toe like look after the other ranch animals. So at that point I'm like, okay, well get these other two dogs. To of the four dogs came back to the ranch, found their way back up. They like miles and miles and miles. They treked back up the hill to the ranch, and one day Tony says to me, she's like, Pilot and Norman are back, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I love those names. My god. I was like they are and she's like, yeah, is that okay? If they stay?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, are you kidding me? Like it was incredible. It was so sweet, like that's the only place they knew, so they came back. So those two stayed. And then yes, since then, I have rescued all the other ones, but and my sweet pilot passed away. But oh my god, what good dogs. They are such such good dogs. But thank you for the question. Okay, these dogs are huge too, right, Like how much do they weigh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, how much does Howie weigh?
Speaker 1: Like eighty Okay, so I would say, like Frankie, the new one, she's littler, so she's probably like seventy five, but like Simba's massive. Simba is probably like one hundred and twenty pounds maybe. Wow, Like in his head alone, it's like, you know, how big Howie's head is, Like those Great Journey's dogs are like bullshit big, but they're they're so friendly, like especially like with little kids, like you'd think, like, oh my god, big dogs the kids. No, they're just little dream boats. We got a big show to talk about. Jimmy Johnson retires. Aaron and I are both on the same page with some stuff. When it comes to us getting ready. We had the situation the other night. What else do we got going on on the Big Show. Gal, I got some questions. I'm doing a little project and I want to throw a question out to you that our contractor said. And I was like, oh my god, this is a podcast. Love this okay, join us on the Big Show and we're keeping Alex Earl a shout out too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought you were going to say, like a giveaway or something.
Speaker 1: I was like, it was fun. What do we got, Actually, let's give away something. I'm gonna think if something to give away, that's weird, that's here's a pillow.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, join us on the Big Show. Love you all fine.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Attempt of the stat