Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Who did you vote for in the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty four as in last year?
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Subscribe to politics. I don't subscribe to politics. You know, it's the illusion of choice.
Speaker 3: Why that's bullshit.
Speaker 2: Damn I respect that, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Why do you feel that it is twenty twenty four, we are under a dictatorship and you are still out of politics at fifty one in my face?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, the bottom line is if you if you think that you'll vote according.
Speaker 3: To a game that you have to play, and if you do not play the game, the rest of us.
Speaker 4: I believe you know, voting is really really important an additional level, like when you deal with your school systems and the municipality, you can have a lot of power there. But on a federal level, if you think that your vote has anything to do with who's the president of the United States the United States, you're you just misunderstand the system.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got my bachelors in criminal justice of minor and psychology and political science.
Speaker 6: I studied it. Thank you.
Speaker 5: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It's still the same system petuates the same results.
Speaker 2: I love it that even that wasn't even the clip I was talking about.
Speaker 7: I want I hope they pulled the clip that I just said, because the one about the sister that smoke weed, it was proud.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, I think popped the balloon? Is this new cultural phenomenon? Andrew, I know you.
Speaker 1: I mean, so who is she wants to do it?
Speaker 2: It's a dating show, so there is there is In this particular case, there's one guy that comes out and there's a series of women there and they have balloons, and if they dislike the gud, then they'll pop the balloons. And sometimes when the people emerge right just from the visual, you.
Speaker 5: Hear like.
Speaker 6: It could be a man or a woman destroying your confidence.
Speaker 2: Like they actually had Woody and Charles and White on there one time.
Speaker 6: I mean, who is what?
Speaker 2: Goodness, here we are. We're in the city of Atlanta, and she doesn't know who what he is. I don't know what y s l he was. He did the you know, he was testing. He was on the stand and he's they asked him a question and he did like this, and she was like, why are you Suggart your shoulders and he say.
Speaker 7: She said, how many kids you got? He said, she said three. He said, could be.
Speaker 2: She said why you shugget your shoulders? She said, he said they mine. So anyway, they have different characters that come on to the Popped the Balloon show and it's like a find your Love show. And sometimes you'll have a guy come on there and he's like, he's like yeah, ratchet, Yeah, he's like, you know, I work in nine to five. And then they'll pop the balloon and because the girls may want something else, and then he'll be like, yeah, but I make you know, two point five million dollars a year, and then they'll be like, I need to blow my balloon back up, right. So it's that type of show, and on this show, it was like on this particular episode they were one of the questions devolved into politics. But Tiffany has a problem with the show, and I think that, you know, however, people find love.
Speaker 6: Is how I mean, but it's not finding love.
Speaker 7: I think it's entertainment and it's also I don't think it's entertaining.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you like the Love connection?
Speaker 8: Chuck Whillery, you know he's a big Trump supporter by the way I love. But yes, I was younger then, so I didn't have enough you know, context. But yeah, I used to watch I remember they made fun of it on a Living Color But no, right exactly, so unpopped the balloon. What ends up happening ninety five percent of the time is you're literally just standing there insulting each other. So they say, oh, we got pop balloons. Let's go down the line and see why we got pop balloons.
Speaker 6: And then the.
Speaker 8: Person will say, well, you pop, why'd you pop your balloon? And the dude might be like, I mean, baby girl fat and I don't like her hair, and she's like, okay, well is he someone that's your type?
Speaker 6: And she'll say, I mean, I don't like him. He's a little short for me. I don't like that.
Speaker 8: It is so gutter and insulting. And I just feel like as black people, we get me down. But so much all of them aren't that way, you know, Like I saw. I can't say that, but I haven't seen like.
Speaker 7: There was one where there was literally a misunderstanding on polygamy right like she was asking him because there was as an African dude, I don't know what part.
Speaker 6: But she was asking him if.
Speaker 7: I know what I'm just telling, I just remember it being an African dude. She was asking him what he thought about polygamy, and he misunderstood the question. So she popped the balloon because he misunderstood the question.
Speaker 1: Yes, was she from a polygamy society?
Speaker 8: That is my point, Like what was the intention in asking him about polygamy?
Speaker 7: Like if she said polyamory, but the point is like polyamorous basically the.
Speaker 6: Same day thing. But the point is the point? Did you have multiple lives?
Speaker 2: Multiple?
Speaker 6: Ble things?
Speaker 2: Multiple?
Speaker 7: She did not want to do with multiple so she asked them and he misunderstood how do.
Speaker 2: People do multiples? I sh coming on having two wives?
Speaker 6: I don't know. The point is, I don't like.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine heaving?
Speaker 5: You can't?
Speaker 1: This is this is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: It is, but it is entertaining.
Speaker 8: And saw them but even the conversation, like they get a little aggressive and violent, you know, one guy was it was like a bunch of women and the guy was insulting to women. So one of the women was like, yeah, I popped my balloon. I didn't like the way you spoke to her. And he was like verbally aggressive towards her, like yeah, because you were girls girl, you that woman that got nothing to do with you?
Speaker 6: And I'm to me, what.
Speaker 8: Always, like, how does this pop up in my feed? And so the girl was saying I popped because you were aggressive, and he's but again he's being aggressive towards her. And there's just nothing entertaining about watching us insult each other. I don't even like the women like when we see when we saw that woman, I'm like, I don't have that woman. I don't know, I don't do that, But but I think this one thing is for entertaining. It's put out there for public consumption, and I don't don't find it entertaining to ship on another woman for what she looks like. I don't like that, or for people to stand there back and forth and then soak each other.
Speaker 6: I just okay, we we have the weed clip.
Speaker 2: Yes, when they do that, and when they do the back and forth in the comedy, do you hate that too?
Speaker 8: Sometimes if I feel like it's hurting somebody's feelings, like I don't, I just don't like that.
Speaker 6: Let's play the week.
Speaker 1: It sounds to me like she's not seeing any uplift no.
Speaker 6: Culture.
Speaker 8: We play the dozens like this is the difference between playing the dozens and shitting on somebody.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's watch the weed clip. You're name an agent might have jended up off of your lip.
Speaker 5: My name is Evan twenty seven. And uh, I don't like do you do? You smoke?
Speaker 6: Smoke weed every day? Faithfully?
Speaker 5: Just look at a bit smoked out, no disrespect.
Speaker 9: Oh that's fine, I'm sure, trust me, I'm not tripping.
Speaker 6: All I do is smoke.
Speaker 9: I don't drink.
Speaker 6: I don't smoke cigarettes.
Speaker 9: So you know, everybody has their vices, and I have been through some living and detraite. So if all I do is smoke, I'll take that.
Speaker 5: Smoke guys too, it's a limit.
Speaker 6: And is he someone your type?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's tall.
Speaker 9: He got a nice watch. I love him man with a watch. It gives business and his hair looks nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's actually my type. That was what was what was the intention of how the was trying to make up? What was the intention?
Speaker 7: How did you just see the one where she was like he was like, you look much, I smoke weed every day?
Speaker 6: Like She's like, I'm fine with what I do.
Speaker 7: If you don't if I'm not your type because I smoke weed, that's cool, but this is what I do.
Speaker 6: I'm fine with it.
Speaker 7: So and I also like her response, but she was like, you don't, I don't have to be your type.
Speaker 6: But yeah, technically you are my type. She wasn't insulting at all.
Speaker 7: So I just think that every single show and and where they go matters, and who their contestant is.
Speaker 6: Also, I just you know, it's entertained. They don't need anything.
Speaker 1: No budget, but it's clearly making money.
Speaker 8: So it started as a YouTube became so popular that Netflix ended up buying it. Yeah, let me make sure if I'm pretty sure they ended up buying it.
Speaker 1: They need a new set, but I.
Speaker 6: Think that they probably feel like they don't.
Speaker 1: They penetrated.
Speaker 2: But I just don't think that we have to internalize everything that we see.
Speaker 6: I'm not internalizing everything.
Speaker 8: But you think about the content that's out there created and what white investors will invest in.
Speaker 6: It is often some ignorance.
Speaker 8: Let's throw the money at the most ignorant shit and put that up there. When you think about documentaries that are made, like really dope documentaries out there that are like this is actually entertaining and informative, and it is leaving society better. Those get bypassed, but the most ignorant niggas shit they can find. Let's throw a lot of money at that. And so I don't like it. I don't find the entertaining. I don't enjoy people standing across from each other. I don't ever look at another woman and just tear a woman down.
Speaker 6: I can't stand that ship either. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 8: It's nothing entertaining by a bunch of black women fighting with each other.
Speaker 6: They're not always black.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree with that, and the person that got the check, if I'm not mistaken, was a black woman.
Speaker 7: And if you look at love and hip hop, same thing, same thing to the exact same thing. Like I don't like anybody what that hispanic?
Speaker 8: He's operas, that's that's something different. But that that is acting, that's something different. But I think for the Real Housewives franchise that is. But but these are real people, it's not so telling. Novelas are very different, like the stars.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 2: Personal question. Sure, what do you consume in terms of visuals?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: To take your mind off of stuff? To be stress?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: And or is my obsession now, I don't know that distresses. This is a show on the scripted show on Disney, but it's not. It's almost like what we're going through now, but it's rooted in, like I'm not into Star Wars, but it's like rooted.
Speaker 2: In that you watch any like reality TV.
Speaker 8: I hate all reality TV. I worked in production for so long, so I look at it, I'm like, this is such full.
Speaker 2: So for somebody out there that wants to take you on a date, what is the what is the most optimal date for Tiffany Cross?
Speaker 5: Good food?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 8: I love that you get me and good food. Food is always nice, but really just I don't know, conversation I don't.
Speaker 2: And a good debate.
Speaker 8: Let me Angela. No, she has cut me off when I start talking about this. But I dated somebody. I'm not gonna say who, but I will not give him the privilege. But that's all he liked to do.
Speaker 6: And it was a joke.
Speaker 8: And it wasn't like I want to learn something from you, I'm trying to teach you something. It was like intellectual masturbation, you know, like I just want to like dominate this conversation.
Speaker 2: I want to get off.
Speaker 6: I showed you a picture of him, and.
Speaker 2: You said, I was just trying to think about intellectual masturbation because I was trying to figure out some difference.
Speaker 8: You just want to gratify yourself intellectually, and maybe.
Speaker 1: You're a very impressive person in that respect, and that maybe he was.
Speaker 2: I think maybe he didn't know it. He's also probably intimidated. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is you're an impressive person in that space. He was an asshole and so well that the territory.
Speaker 6: Angela can the test? I agree?
Speaker 1: Okay, it takes one to know one sometimes for sure.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, let's let's let's yes.
Speaker 6: And I'm not calling you in it. I'm calling everybody at the stable asshole.
Speaker 5: Week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought you caught is great?
Speaker 6: Did I guess it wasn't direct? Everybody here is a you.
Speaker 1: A toxic as tongue.
Speaker 5: Time?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can carry somebody apart.
Speaker 6: Yes, I got the romantic situation. You heard me you dirty?
Speaker 2: You fight dirty in a row.
Speaker 1: I know the house is burning.
Speaker 2: You do realize that, you realize there's certain things you can say to a man that there's literally no coming back from.
Speaker 8: Yes, said she has didn't even mean like first the first bitch.
Speaker 6: I learned that the harp.
Speaker 2: That woman, because yes, you can't be redeemed bitch. I think you can be redeemed, but it's gonna it's gonna go to a dark place.
Speaker 7: I don't yet think you could be like bitch and not meaning like you.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean like you a bitch, not like bit. Sometimes you are bitch.
Speaker 1: So it happens.
Speaker 8: I mean, I found when women react that way, then you become a situation.
Speaker 2: You realize that we are now reenacting and the reason I wanted to die deep.
Speaker 5: But I think I.
Speaker 7: Think this is the point, right, Like, there are certain people that approach you. You're like, oh, I don't like I'm not dealing, his teeth is crooked, or.
Speaker 6: About you nobody at the table. I don't like him. He too short, or you know, his hands is small, or you know, there's there's so many things.
Speaker 7: That were not I'm not talking about not on the radar.
Speaker 2: You know, hell, we were big socks.
Speaker 7: God if I'm just trying to make the point I get. We all have types in the way that we express those types. For some women who are on apps, they swipe left for the sisters that go on proper substance stuff. But I think that you like And this is where you and I disagree, because you'll say that you're attracted to someone's intellect first into their brain. Don't walk in the door, honey, you see a package, and if you're either attracted that person at the house that or you're not, or you're like, I'm gonna look past all that, there's something about his brain that's radiating.
Speaker 8: I know about the person before I meet them, Like the guy talk about, I knew about him before.
Speaker 1: I met the door.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. That's the only reason. But I can was handsome an.
Speaker 1: H I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Was, you know, Sedul.
Speaker 8: And this was the closest that we came to the balloon. I'm gonna come right back to you. We were at a I swear I'll be real quick attack and we went out, Okay, go ahead, go ahead, get me back from last week or two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I want you to finish.
Speaker 8: So we were at Afrotech and some guys. There were some people who were like, we want to meet Angela, and so angel was like, come with me to f there's some dudes out here.
Speaker 6: Like you might meet your boo.
Speaker 8: And we walked out and if we have balloons?
Speaker 1: Said she went from boycotting.
Speaker 7: She recognized her doesn't have to say anything.
Speaker 6: When we walked on, what did you see? Immediately?
Speaker 2: You see? What did you see?
Speaker 8: We said, we understood, need not be said, we.
Speaker 6: Like he like boys? He was like, that's a boy like boys. We were like, yeah, girl like we didn't have to talk about said.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I did apologize. We just knew, but that was I would never.
Speaker 2: Say women are you Andrew? Women are? Women are worse than men? About this? You do realize that's true.
Speaker 1: Most men aren't really like you know, we're not doing the full No, we're not doing a survey. Are you good for this thing?
Speaker 6: I agree?
Speaker 2: Hold on, you could cook? You are good for that?
Speaker 6: Yet? And big girl? Because you thought she could cook?
Speaker 2: I've never had a big guinea.
Speaker 8: No, No, have you ever had a woman who looked like she could cook? And what did that look like?
Speaker 6: That's a better way to sit.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't drink gin anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh say more about that?
Speaker 2: I mean she was just bigger, probably too.
Speaker 6: She was plus her name Jen? Are we talking about the g I?
Speaker 2: She was very she was a very very very sweet young lady, and she cooked breakfast for the whole house the next morning.
Speaker 6: Well not the whole house, are you?
Speaker 1: Did you say her on the walk? It was the gin and it was dark, and but you know what, your boys didn't judge you, hey, big mama.
Speaker 2: They judged me, but they didn't discount I mean because they well, yeah, it was a forgivable offense. Yeah. I don't even call it an offense. I call it a learning experience.
Speaker 6: Do y'all like pop the balloon?
Speaker 8: Y'all let us like a lot of y'all out there probably like like what you did?
Speaker 6: Please tell me why y'all like this?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 6: You just popped the balloon on this show?
Speaker 2: Can we can we just put tiffany Netflix? If you're listening, Can we live wrong? Can we put it on? Put it on the show?
Speaker 6: Nice? You would never bet it would be yes, you.
Speaker 7: So look, let's say tip that like we got too fifty for you.
Speaker 6: You're gonna go do me.
Speaker 7: I'll be there too, popping you can't your head.
Speaker 6: We talk about to und fifty dollars, fifty thousands.
Speaker 7: They're gonna give you twenty fifty thousand to do a pop the Balloon Show.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would do it. Would you do it for a hundred?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Do it for one fifty?
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 6: I would ask you, you're gonna get in trouble with Jake.
Speaker 5: I'm joking.
Speaker 7: But use the opportunity to elevate. I would ask you, I'm gonna go on there and ask them political questions. What do you think about the ice raids?
Speaker 6: I was use it to elevate something of somestance, like when you when you walk.
Speaker 2: Out there, something's gonna be elevated.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the only way I would do it. That dude might be elevated.
Speaker 8: People walkin't nobody get their feelings hurt.
Speaker 7: People might get their films hurt. But I think the intention is good for like, they know when they signed it. It's not like nobody was for like blindfolded. It's forced to be on so they know what they're signing up for it. They got some of them got their little jokes ready to go.
Speaker 6: I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: The only difference.
Speaker 6: Between you know about comedy, No.
Speaker 1: The only difference between you and them is that they were honest with what they thought. But you had the same thing went through your head at the conference, right, Yes, that you didn't.
Speaker 8: Yes, I have a lot of thoughts that I don't say out loud because it would be impolite.
Speaker 6: You just said about she would she would do it for two dudes, maybe one fifty. I would do it. I wouldn't. I wouldn't stand in insult a bunch of people for two fifty.
Speaker 2: But I don't know whoever was there for two fifty. You can't go on the pope from Raggedy Chicago white.
Speaker 6: I don't like it, but I want to hear from people why they like it. I heard from y'all while y'all like it.
Speaker 1: I want you heard from them why they like it.
Speaker 8: Well, yes, well Andrew, you hadn't seen it, but if you watched it, but if you watch a whole about to watch it.
Speaker 7: Lolo said, I love the girl who started popped the balloon makes me love the show.
Speaker 6: I want to know, Lolo, who is the person? It's the black woman who's the host? Oh, the multiple hosts.
Speaker 8: But well the main one, because I know they have one in like Saint Louis and somewhere and not her Saint Louis was.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's going on in the same little no comment, but the.
Speaker 2: Main girl that So when Netflix calls me, where do you want to do the show?
Speaker 6: DC? Really?
Speaker 2: Why are you possible in d C? Right now? You need to go somewhere else, South Dakota. You should fish somewhere else where. Omaha. There's a lot of black folking on Miami Military, San Diego, Cleveland.
Speaker 6: You should go back to hometown.
Speaker 2: You should go you Dallas.
Speaker 7: Make it say well, why okay?
Speaker 6: What does that mean? Charlotte? What about Charlotte?
Speaker 7: I would do Charlotte, Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Arizona.
Speaker 3: We can her.
Speaker 6: This is an example of a successful debate. We should both do it.
Speaker 2: This is all believe, believe until it's not.
Speaker 6: We can verted tips. She didn't see that this we were handler does it.
Speaker 8: I would do it for one.
Speaker 6: Still hate it. I still hate.
Speaker 7: Address hypocrisseas and we're completely fine with it.
Speaker 6: I don't. I still hate the show.
Speaker 8: And I will use the opportunity to raise awareness about something.
Speaker 6: Completely.
Speaker 7: Okay, we gotta go anywhere that.
Speaker 6: Tell us can we have some sound effects for the end of the show of Balloon. We'll see y'all next time.
Speaker 8: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.