Speaker 1: It's a meat Eater podcast. Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Art, and today we're joined by Cal Randall, Colin Chili, Corey, Nate, Sam and Sarah Delaney. Sarah, this is your first time on the show. Tell folks what you do here at meat Eater.
Speaker 2: I am on our e commerce team. So back in website computer stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Cal was checking you on your main credentials before you have a main hat on, and I think you surprised him and you said he went to school there. I did.
Speaker 2: I went to a tiny liberal arts college called Bates College in Lewiston, Maine.
Speaker 1: Cal, you are trying to check her on her main credentials.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Well, I mean you're not wearing a baits hat. You're wearing a main hat. So I've been to a lot of states. I don't have a single hat that just says whatever state.
Speaker 2: So I was wondering, well, this is actually the main department of inland Fisheries and Wildlife, so it's not just good lord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sarah, what's going to be your strength and trivia?
Speaker 2: That was probably more so fishing cooking, okay, maybe conservation, probably not hunting.
Speaker 1: Why fishing, I fly fish, fly fishing. You worked out a fly shop right before Meat Eater right.
Speaker 2: I was doing fly fishing. Travel okay, cooking logistics.
Speaker 1: That's going to help you in meet Eater Trivia, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I don't want to point I just want to make it known that I'm probably the reason Sarah has a job here because I did reference her.
Speaker 2: I'd give him.
Speaker 5: Know each other well.
Speaker 4: Actually, so when I was in the military, I became a really good friends with the guy close to my hometown, both from South Dakota. Him and I became really close. His name is Tom, and then Tom has two younger brothers, and Sarah happens to be dating one of those two younger brothers.
Speaker 6: All the dirty laundry shilling.
Speaker 1: And as a thank you, Sarah, you just ought to beat him in meat.
Speaker 6: Eater Trivia today at least I can girl mustache.
Speaker 1: So now this is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the Conservation organization of the winner's choosing, and today's episode is brought to you by Yetti, whose hard coolers are built to keep ice for days and live on for decades. For the stat of the Week this week, we're looking at the number zero. That's how many days there are until the Meat Eater Trivia Expansion packs are available. That's right, they are on sale right now at store dot the medeater dot com. Thank you fail. This is a There is a Hunting Expansion Pack and a Fishing Expansion Pack. Each expansion pack has two hundred new questions and costs just ten dollars. You don't even need the original met Eater Trivia board game to en enjoy these standalone cards. Just toss the expansion pack and your glovebox backpack. You've got hours of outdoor entertainment. And as always, we're donating a portion of sales to conservation. That means your purchase helps fun things like land access and wildlife habitat. It's quite literally the only board game where conservation always wins. Now, last year, we sold out of the board game well before Christmas, and we anticipate the same thing happening again this year, So go get yours before it's too late. The meat Eater Trivia, Hunting and Fishing Expansion packs are available right now at store dot the medeater dot com. They're sitting in front of us. If you're watching the YouTube channel again, you're some of the first people to see these. You can get them on our website right now and next week we'll have a similar message about the med Eater Trivia Collector's Edition, so stay tuned for them.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line. If Daniel Riley says, w tf one day Spencer just shows up with a mustache and no one even talks about it. Did he lose a bet? Kennedy Swan says, why did you shave your beer to a handlebar, mustache and soul patch? I think it was for a Halloween costume, but my husband disagrees. Well, Daniel and Kennedy did not lose a bet. It was not for a Halloween costume. I just did it. That's that's it. I wish I had some grand story about it. That's it.
Speaker 3: People are so demanding about hair choices, so bizarre to me.
Speaker 1: We had Chili rasing Natal, what's your goal here? It was a Halloween costume game.
Speaker 6: He's saving up for a down payment.
Speaker 8: People listen to you more when you have a stash.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I wouldn't know that because obvious listening to you. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But a lot of people have complimented me on it, namely three, which is three more than I ever got.
Speaker 1: Nice mustache, wh at least through the rut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. And I want to say that it's not that nobody. You're always changing things up, so I don't think anybody.
Speaker 1: Look at that mustang right now. I'm letting it grow because I've got a cold artery hunt next week and I want to that, you know, keeps me warm and also, you know, knocks down some of the glare when I'm hopefully twelve yards from a buck. So where you're going, we'll see South Dakota leaving leaving Syran and we have some housekeeping to get you. On a previous episode of Trivia, we had a question about what the fishing acronym CPR means. The correct answer was catch picture release, which encourages anglers to practice catch and release with certain fish like trout and bass. But Drew Donzella wrote in with a photo that he took of a sign at a fishing access site in Connecticut that was created by the Department of Environmental Protection. That sign asked anglers to SEEPR, which they defined as consider proper release. I also found a pamphlet from a Wisconsin trout on limited chapter that encourage fishermen to consider proper release when targeting trout. Now that's certainly the less popular version of CPR, that is catch picture release. But if you said consider proper release as your answer, then we'll consider that correct either way. The acronym's goal is to get anglers to keep more fiscialized.
Speaker 3: That's like the start of a twelve step program. We just want you to consider it properly and then come back to us once you're like considering it, and we'll get you into the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the program.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, that's weird.
Speaker 3: We are, don't agree. Isn't that deep Connecticut?
Speaker 6: Connecticut?
Speaker 3: Well, isn't that their acronym for fishing game?
Speaker 1: It must well, yeah, Department of Environmental Protection. I can't keep up with some of those agencies have like one that sort of manages it feels like state parks and one that manages wildlife, So I don't know how their breakdown is now. The Shelby Index for today is a seven, which is her best score on Meat Eater Trivia. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, you.
Speaker 4: Need to know what I stay under win everything?
Speaker 1: How's that just tend to win everything?
Speaker 3: Gamon Suckers.
Speaker 1: Question one. The topic is gear, and as always, this will be multiple choice. Which of these debuted first?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Ford F one fifty Remington eight seventy Rapaula shad Rap or Bass Pro Shops. Which of these things debuted first? Ford F one fifty Remington eight seventy Rpaula shad Rap, Bass Pro Shops. She'll be getting A seven could give her a victory today. She's won one game ever before with Shelby Index. This could be the second. I don't think it is as easy as she made it seem. Which of these things debuted first? F one fifty Remington eight seventy shad Wrap best pro is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: How do you did Shelby win the game during the testing phase where it's only YouTube.
Speaker 1: She had a Shelby Index of five, and I think our winner also had five. And then I gave her the multiple choice question when I got home, and she had a closer answer than Yanni, who was our winner that day.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how you can consider it actually winning if there's not the social pressure.
Speaker 1: Well, in the bookkeeping, Yanni got the victory. So yeah, yeah, it's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sam saying best Pro, Randall Remington eight seventy, Cal Remington eight seventy, Corey and Chili say Remington eight seventy. Nate and Colin and Sarah say bass Pro. One of you two groups is correct. The correct answer is Remington eight seventy. The Remington eight seventy made its debut in nineteen fifty. Bass Pro was in nineteen seventy two, the Ford F one fifty was in nineteen seventy five, and the Rpaula Shadrap was nineteen eighty two. Other things that happened the year the Remington eight seventy was born include the start of the Korean War, the comic strip Peanuts was created, and the first ever credit card was used. Question two. The topic is cooking. This nineteen ninety one movie created the famous pairing of quote liver with some fava beans and a nice kiyanti. This nineteen ninety one movie created the famous pairing of liver with some favabeans and a nice kiyanti. I think it's fava Yeah, I agree, fava beans. Okay, that's fine. Won't won't argue with you on that. I got too stressed about the pronunciation of the wine.
Speaker 3: I went up to a a new bar to me in an old Montana town a couple of weeks ago, and they had chess lick.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 1: What kind of meat was it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was like very expensive chess lick. Okay, they were upgrading the beef. If it's very expensive, I would assume it's lamb or mutton. But if it just seemed reasonable, then it was probably beef. It was like nineteen bucks, which seems very expensive for deep fat fred or deep oil freed me.
Speaker 1: You try some and then you you'll you'll know the price tag is worth it. It's our state, nash in South Dakota.
Speaker 6: I get it, But I mean, is that an official category?
Speaker 1: What's that they made it one. This nineteen ninety one movie created the famous pairing of liv for with some fava beans A nice Kyanti. Here's a hint. Is everybody ready? Do you think you know it's Sam? I definitely don't know it. Okay, it's everyone who's going to come up with an answer? Have their answer?
Speaker 3: What's going on there? Colin?
Speaker 6: I can't think of it.
Speaker 5: If I come up with a guest, it's gonna be stupid.
Speaker 1: Chill, are you ready?
Speaker 6: I have so many hints.
Speaker 1: I want to drop ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sam saying Fargo, Randall and Cal and Corey and Chili say Silence of the Lambs. Nate says Silence of the Lambs. Colin and Sarah don't have an answer. The correct answer is Silence of the Lamb.
Speaker 3: Phil that's a great What's what's the musical group that does the song that it puts the lotion on the skin. Yes, it gets the hose again.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Is that Joe dirt bit they reference it in there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Kanti is a dry red wine from the Tuscany region of Italy. In the book, it was an amorone but producers changed it to a wine that they thought was more familiar with audiences. Here is Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter, delivering that line. A census taken once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some father beans and a nice kyante spot off do one more time for us. Corey, Very good, Hannibal Lector. Question three, The topic is woodsmanship. Name two of the ten states that have a pot pine tree as their state tree. Name two of the ten states that have a pine tree as their state tree.
Speaker 7: Two of ten?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Two of ten. Corey won the Mead Eater Halloween costume contest last week. You could see him wearing that costume on Mead Eater Radio. He was Merlin the Wizard.
Speaker 7: I gotta give a shout out to my wife, who should have won that, and I'll give her an hundred dollar gift card.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 7: That was all her she ordered it said, this is what you're wearing.
Speaker 1: I said, all right, there's a whole family affair you had, Merlin. What was your son Marshall?
Speaker 7: Was King Arthur?
Speaker 1: And what was your wife? Queen Gwenevere? Very creative?
Speaker 7: Got lots of candy that night, not because of the costume.
Speaker 1: Name two of the ten states that have a pine tree as their state tree. Is anybody very confident like they know this? Know this? Just some educated guesses, Hapen.
Speaker 6: If we put more than two answers.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get it wrong. Sam, Are you ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Sam saying Oregon and Washington. Randall says Washington, Minnesota, cal says Montana, California, Corey Montana, Idaho, Chili, Colorado, Montana, Nate, Georgia, Alabama, Colin, Maine, Washington, Sarah, Maine, Vermont fil Did were you able to follow all of those?
Speaker 3: I lost track after Corey.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna come back here. We'll read these again. We have Chili saying Colorado, Montana, Nate, Georgia, Alabama, Colin, Maine, Washington, Sarah, Maine, Vermont. The ten states.
Speaker 5: Turns out it didn't really matter that I lost track after.
Speaker 1: The ten states are Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, and North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Corey was the only one who got it.
Speaker 1: Corey Caulkins one of eight players to get the two of ten Statesford is a Pine trees are the most common state tree in America, followed by oak trees and maple trees. Every state has a state tree, but California and Nevada are the only states with two state trees. Question four, the topic is fishing. According to Orvis, this is quote the most widely used knot for tying two pieces of monofilament together. According to Orvis, this is the most widely used knot for tying two pieces of monofilament together. Corey, did you get questioned one?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, then we have a perfect game still going. This is question four, so jealous, the most widely used for tying two pieces of monophilament together. Sarah, do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: I think I've got a shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's one of two chili. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I think so, Corey.
Speaker 4: I don't think Corey uses this one though when.
Speaker 8: We go fishing.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I don't like this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it is what I think it is, Corey said some bad stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, it's everybody ready talking smack about not go ahead and reveal your answers. We have okay, we have He didn't look at the bar. We'll trust him. Sam says, what's what's your answer? Sam Insurgeon's not Randall. Surgeon's not col Surgeon's not Cory. What's that say, Corey?
Speaker 3: You don't have to read surgeon.
Speaker 1: Surgeon's not Chili surgeon. It's not Nate, surgeon's not Colin. Fisherman's not Sarah. Blood knot.
Speaker 4: That hint from Jilli there, That's what tipped me over the edge, because I prefer the blood's not blood not.
Speaker 1: The correct answer so much stronger. The correct answer is the blood not. Only Sarah got that one right. Orbis says the blood knot is the best not for construction of a tapered leader. But they also say it's not that anglers struggle with most. According to them, the speed bloodknot is a good, easy alternative, but because the tag ends go through the central loop in the same direction, it's not a true blood knot.
Speaker 7: Most you think the most widely used not would be the easier not.
Speaker 1: But you're saying that a surgeons not as easier or okay, but you like the blood not better.
Speaker 5: It's stronger.
Speaker 1: Orbis declared it again the most widely used for tying two pieces of monophilament together. Where's visast again from the new east the northeast.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, that's pretty much the point, right everyone here is surgeons.
Speaker 1: Not everyone over there is a blood nut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay yeah.
Speaker 1: Question five the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Josh Ringsmooth. Z Wicki Archery invented this small game arrowhead with wire springs that they refer to as quote the unlosable miracle point lost. We have some disagreement with the marketing they use. Zwicki Archery invented this small game arrowhead with wire springs that they referred to as the unlosable miracle point. Who said they've lost one? Oh? Okay, three? What were you doing cow when you lost yourself one of these?
Speaker 3: I'm watching a grouse fly away with it?
Speaker 1: Oh he was in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, Corey, what what was your stock?
Speaker 7: There's certainly a few grouse take off with mine, and then others grouse ducks.
Speaker 1: Right when I let go in the arrow just sailed for miles and chili. Why did you lose one of these arrowheads?
Speaker 6: Well it's in a tree somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it wasn't not retrievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know where it's at, the unlosable miracle part.
Speaker 6: First time I shot a squirrel of one of these, I like have this vision that it was just gonna like punch it, like like knock it out.
Speaker 5: And it just went straight through, had a perfect hole.
Speaker 3: You know what I started doing. This will save everybody some cash. Sorry, it's wiki wing nuts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my pops taught me that. Just around the field point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, around a field point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready.
Speaker 3: If you want to get a fancy, you can go down a size in your field point and then make the grains back up in your wing nut.
Speaker 1: There you go, it's everybody ready. Sam, Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sam saying wing nut without an answer, looks like he drew a flu flu or what would you draw there? Meant to be a j okay cal says Judo, Cory, Judo Chili, Judo NATed Judo, Colin and Sarah without an answer. The correct answer is Judo point.
Speaker 6: All right, Randall, shut up.
Speaker 3: This is the hardest I've ember got.
Speaker 1: Score Udy coming up here shortly. Judo points have grabbing hooks that prevent arrows from disappearing under grass or sticking into trees. They are a popular choice among stump shooters and small game hunters because they're so hard to lose. Other companies make similar broadheads, but Judo is a registered trademark by Zwiki, making them the Kleenex of wired arrow points. Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard.
Speaker 5: Update, Sam and Colin. I still believe in you. We've got Sarah with one, Nate.
Speaker 9: And randall have two, cal and Chile you have three and in first place. He lost the perfect game, but he's still in the lead.
Speaker 5: It's Corey Colkins.
Speaker 3: Wow, would you lose on Corey not? Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Everyone? Yeah.
Speaker 6: When I got that I was happy because you got that run wrong.
Speaker 1: He couldn't get a perfect game. Question six the topic is conservation. This next great question is via Albasha. This brand awkwardly tweeted in twenty sixteen quote, we don't put oil on ducks for ads. We use footage that our partners capture. This brand awkwardly tweeted in twenty sixteen we don't put oil on ducks for ads. We use footage that our partners capture. Randal doing some erasing Chili. How do you feel about your answer? Corey? Is this going to keep you in the lead?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel pretty confident that.
Speaker 1: This brand awkwardly tweeted in twenty sixteen, here's the quote. We don't put oil on ducks for ads. We use footage that our partners capture. M Chili said fifty to fifty and he's going with the other option. It's everybody ready, No, go ahead? Sorry, Sam, We'll give you a few seconds.
Speaker 5: Sorry does.
Speaker 1: Sam's not cheating? He's not going to look up all right, Sam says EPA. Randall says, Dawn com BP, Cory and Chili and Nate say. Don, Colin says BP. Sarah says Don Dish soap. The correct answer is Don. The room did pretty well. VP does put oil on dogs.
Speaker 8: Just.
Speaker 1: Don Struck marketing gold. In nineteen eighty nine, when Chevron tested multiple dish soaps on oil covered animals, they found that Don cut grease faster and better than other brands, which elevated them to conservation royalty. They claim that their soap has helped clean over seventy five thousand animals that have been affected by oil spills in the last forty years. What's the word on animal specific shampoos?
Speaker 5: It's like a bone. I got a pick with my wife, so she's not.
Speaker 1: Here at Randal. How many dogs do you own?
Speaker 6: We owned three dogs.
Speaker 1: Three dogs. They look like they need baths, No, they don't.
Speaker 6: We we have dogs that have an oily enough coat that they don't require bathing. The grime just slides right off.
Speaker 1: Uh huh cal what kind of shampoo?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Does Snort use?
Speaker 3: The last time I watched Snort it was with tomato sauce. Okay, because she got into a scunt.
Speaker 6: On this subject, though, I was I was thinking the other day, why is it that kids get the shampoo that doesn't sting when it goes in your eyes? It's like, why don't they make all shampoo like that?
Speaker 1: They put too much trust in you. Randall is like, I just.
Speaker 3: If it doesn't hurt, you're not doing it right.
Speaker 6: It's like, why do we Why do the kids get the easy stuff?
Speaker 1: Question seven The topic is wildlife. This pop star shocked Hollywood in twenty twenty four when she married a forty nine year old gator guide from Louisiana. We have chili. It's the only mountain keeps up on the gossip. This pop star shocked Hollywood in twenty twenty four when she married a forty nine year old gator guide from Louisiana Chili. Do you know this one for certain? Okay, Chilie's got a little grand pop star? Right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Pop? What is theater guide?
Speaker 8: But there's there was a lot of when they got married, the ex fiance of the guy came out and started causing a big ruckus and it was just kind of comical to read on it was pretty monny.
Speaker 1: What else you got, phil? What have you gotten this one?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Totally okay?
Speaker 9: And I was gonna before I read the follow up factor it, I was gonna tell this, but I holled off.
Speaker 1: This pop star shocked Hollywood in twenty twenty four when she married a forty nine year old gator guide from Louisiana Randall, Do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 6: I feel okay. Oddly enough, I encountered this bit of arcane knowledge very recently, and I'm not sure that I can recall the name of the singer. But she shocked Hollywood, Yeah, specifically Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, I.
Speaker 9: Would say, well, I don't want to give too much. I'd say pop pop is a little that's kind of a stretch.
Speaker 1: Twenty four this musician I wrote pop star, which I found others references.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she's very famous.
Speaker 1: But sure Phil would maybe disagree with this. I even saw there was I think a Rolling Stones headline that was like, is this person a pop star? Which they like then talked about it in there.
Speaker 6: Well that's kind of a hint.
Speaker 7: Okay, what's the other genre that they might fit in?
Speaker 1: We're not going to say anymore. This maybe pop star shocked Hollywood in twenty twenty four when she married a forty nine year old Gator guide from Louisiana.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: The room is struggling to come up with the answers. We're gonna need some answers here. Shortly. We're gonna flip over the saboard.
Speaker 3: You told me that. I mean, wait, if you're gonna guess Bob.
Speaker 8: First one because it wasn't for Instagram?
Speaker 1: All right? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: I just want to be a good example to our friends that are competing here, aren't they don't have a good.
Speaker 1: Answer, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sam saying Carrie Underwood, Randall says Lonna del Rey, cal says Janet Jackson, Corey Sabrina Carpenter. What's so funny? Randall?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm just Chili the confidence on Delray. We have the same answer, Nate says.
Speaker 1: Colin says Taylor Swift, Sarah says Madonna. The correct answer is Lonna del Rey, Chili and Randall got that one right. Lana Delray met her future husband, Jeremy Defreen in twenty nineteen while taking one of his airboat alligator tours. Dfried's instagram shows pictures of him deer hunting, catfishing, and crabbing. Steve Ranella is a big fan of Lana del Rey, and when I texted his wife Katie about the news of her marrying a Gator guide, I asked if she'd give me a quote for the podcast. Katie responded saying I thought that was just a rumor, to which I sent her an article confirming the wedding. Katie then said, quote, Oh my god, Steve is going to be devastated. I mean, I legitimately almost feel bad for him. Her husband is Steve's age. Someone actually has to make sure he's okay. When he hears this step and Katy had been married for sixteen years. Wow, so maybe that's how you encountered it. Randal is maybe you heard Steve No, No, I.
Speaker 6: Can picture I can picture a photo of this man.
Speaker 3: Phil. Is there like a song that we should know Lana del Ray video Games?
Speaker 9: Yeah, her big breakout was a Summertime Sadness, which is done as like a remix that was all over pop radio. I said, that's the only song of hers it's been like radio friendly.
Speaker 6: You guys really gave it away because I initially had written down Katie Perry, and then Phil said, I don't really know if i'd call out her a pop star, and if Katie Perry isn't a pop star, darn it, no it is. So thanks for causing that reconsideration.
Speaker 5: Take this one back, Randall will split the winnings.
Speaker 1: And yes, shocked Hollywood. And then she's a decade younger than him. You know, you'd expect someone who's in like an a list musician to run around with a similar crowd. Instead, she wound up with her Gator Guide got to her. Gotcha, here we go. Question eight. The topic is cooking. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Sabine Gratch for sending this great question. Say being is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the Week and send your question to trivia at the meat eater dot com. Sometimes used to hold condiments, this seven letter word is defined as quote, a small dish for baking and serving an individual portion of food. Sometimes used to hold condiments. This seven letter word is defined as a small dish for baking and serving an individual portion of food. Room is looking kind of stumped. You have this one, Nate? Yeah, do you have this one? Corey?
Speaker 6: This was the amount of Eminem's I was allowed to put my popcorn.
Speaker 5: On a movie night.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm very familiar.
Speaker 6: Uh huh dang. If my answer is correct.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Dog bull.
Speaker 1: Randall's still working on an answer over here. We're going to get a scoreboard update after this. This is question eight. Sarah, you look confident you got this one.
Speaker 2: I do believe so.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A seven letter word, a small dish for baking and serving an individual portion of food, and another hint the question gives that it's sometimes used to hold condiments.
Speaker 2: Or Eminem's.
Speaker 1: We're Eminem's. That's right, Randall thoroughly stumped.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't think I would know this if I didn't work in restaurants for a while. Kind of, It's not really like.
Speaker 1: Some hints homes over there, we've got we've got a few questions. A few players, though, who are confident.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we're done with hints.
Speaker 3: Candy dish has eight letters and it's two words. That's nine letters with the space. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: Do you give up?
Speaker 6: I guess I give up.
Speaker 1: Just ahead, we have Sam saying ramicking without an answer. Cal and Corey say ramikin Chile without an answer. Nate says ramikin Colin without an answer. Sarah says ramikin. They got it. The correct answer is ramikin. The spelling is r A M E K I N whoa ramikin? Wow. Serious Eats declared ramikins the true m VP of a good kitchen. They can be used for baking, serving, decorating, measuring, and more. A traditional ramikin is round and white, with a fluted texture on the outside and a small lip. That's right.
Speaker 6: If you ask me what a ramikin was I would have said, it's the sponsor on the Golden State.
Speaker 1: Warriors, Jersey sponsor. Phil. We have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: Sorry about that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 9: Sam, Colin and Sarah You're out of the running. Randall and cow have four points apiece. Chile he has five, and still in first place is Corey Colkins the six points?
Speaker 1: Corey, have you won me eater trivia before?
Speaker 7: That's a hard No.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's get some Let's get some good questions.
Speaker 1: Two questions substance question nine. The topic is fishing. This next great question is via Dallas for Chilio.
Speaker 6: Great names this week.
Speaker 1: This waterway, which was originally referred to as Clinton's Ditch, connects the Hudson River and Great Lakes. Randall wanted some substance. This is this enough substance? Randal? Yeah, yeah, okay. It doesn't have an answer quite yet. This waterway, which was originally referred to as Clinton's Ditch, connects the Hudson River and Great Lakes.
Speaker 6: It was throwing me off at first.
Speaker 1: Think you're wrong. Corey is slow to come up with an answer. Randal has his done already. Scoreboard.
Speaker 3: That's why I can do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, Nate.
Speaker 1: Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you're still left in the game as well. This waterway, which was originally referred to as Clinton's Ditch, connects the Hudson River in Great Lakes pretty near. You don't have to help anybody, but I want. Okay, Now, Ramikins come in all shapes and sizes, so will show us how big Uranmikin was there? Nate, Okay, he's got he's got a yeady. It was like coaster this.
Speaker 3: This is a terrible example.
Speaker 1: Three of those on top of each other. Okay, yea eminem popcorn sized ram.
Speaker 6: Not a crane like a cannon dip.
Speaker 1: Two of those. This week way, which was originally referred to as Clinton's Ditch, connects the Hudson River in Great Lakes. Do you have an answer, Corey?
Speaker 7: I do, and it's I think it's really funny. It's not right, Okay, I hope everybody gets a good giggle.
Speaker 1: Okay, where you're going? Is everybody ready? Sam?
Speaker 6: Is it something out of the Star report?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and answers ago we have.
Speaker 1: Sam saying Perry Randall says Erie canal. Cal says Erie Canal. Corey says Lewinsky canal. Uh, we have Chili without an answer. Nate says Erie canal colin Delaware River. Sarah erie canal. The correct answer is Erie Canal. That's gonna make it an interesting game.
Speaker 5: Ow.
Speaker 1: The Erie Canal was proposed in the seventeen eighties and built in the eighteen tens. Political opponents of the canal and its lead supporter, New York Governor de Witt Clinton, called it Clinton's folly and Clinton's ditch. The waterway is popular for shore anglers and his home to largemouth, small mouth, pickerel, pike, carp, bluegill, rock, mass perch, crappie and more. Dang Phil. We have one question left. Give us final score opportunity.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's a barn burner, Randall, Cal, Chili and Nate now all have five points. Okay, Corey missed that last question, but he's still in the lead.
Speaker 1: Corey gets this one right the game Chili or Nate get a correct answer. Question ten? What agency maintains the National Instant Criminal Background check system that's used when buying a gun? This is the final question. What agency maintains the national instant criminal background check system that's used when buying a gun. Corey, if he gets this one right, will secure his first ever victory. Corey, how do you feel about your answer? Like, okay, eighty five percent certain. He's got four players that are right on his heels that could tie it up if they get it right and he gets it wrong. What agency maintains the national instant criminal background check system that's used when buying a gun?
Speaker 3: Last question, Ratt, This is.
Speaker 1: The final question. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sam saying FBI. We have Randall saying FBI. Cal says FBI. Corey says ATF Chili ATF Nate crossed out ATF wrote down FBI, Colin ATF Sarah FFI, the correct answer is the FBI, meaning we are going to overtime play the drop, Phil get.
Speaker 5: Ty.
Speaker 9: They just cut it at if you ain't first your last and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 5: I never liked it, a philf Man.
Speaker 1: Now, although several state and federal agencies helped create the background check system, it's operated by the FBI. After you fill out a forty four to seventy three form. It can take anywhere from thirty seconds to thirty minutes to complete the background check. According to the FBI, some things that can cause a failed background check include if you've been convicted of a crime that carried a sentence of more than one year, have been dishonorably discharged from the military, have a restraining order, or have been convicted of domestic violence. We are now into overtime, which will be a numerical question whoever is closest between which players remain filled?
Speaker 5: Nate, Randall, Cow and Corey are all tied.
Speaker 1: Whoever is the closest between those four players will be declared the winner.
Speaker 6: Two potential first time winners, that's.
Speaker 1: Right and Cory. Someone could remove themselves, it is me. The overtime topic is public lands. How many miles is the shortest route between the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park and the north entrance of Joshua Tree National Park? How many miles is the shortest route between the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park and the north entrance of Joshua Tree National Park? Randall, have you been to those two national parks?
Speaker 6: Have not been to Joshua Tree National Park.
Speaker 1: Cal have you been to Joshua Tree?
Speaker 3: Driven through it?
Speaker 1: Cory? Have you been to Joshua Tree?
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 1: Nate, have you been to Joshua Tree? No, we have an advantage then for.
Speaker 6: Col Does everyone know where it is on a map?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: No? Yes?
Speaker 1: Interesting? How many miles is the shortest between the north entrance of Yellowstone and so what I'm doing random josh Tree?
Speaker 3: The rough estimate of the distance across the park and then stacking those parks on the mental mound of the world.
Speaker 1: Wow, I was just stacking them up. Okay again, this is a route that you were driving, not the way the crow flies?
Speaker 7: Are we stopping an Elko for a Starburger?
Speaker 3: Why would you go through alcohome?
Speaker 6: Isn't that the shortest I'd go to Arco for an atomic burger? That would be It's an Idaho really, America's first atoms, America's first stomach city.
Speaker 8: Is right?
Speaker 1: They got a charming little main street there in Arcot, great Mexican place too. How many miles it's the shortest route between the north entrance of Yellowstone and the north entrance Joshua Tree.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've ever been to a gas station anywhere else where. They're more proud of their chicken tenders. Now, Oh yeah, Idaho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can smell it from a mile outside of town.
Speaker 3: I didn't say they were good. I'm just saying they're real proud of them.
Speaker 6: Okay, shout out to Arco.
Speaker 3: I mean there are chicken tenders, like, how bad can they be?
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready. This is a quiz of your knowledge of road trips and public lands. Cal Everyone has an answer, because if somebody happened to get it right on the nose, meaty dudes get an add an extra one hundred dollars donation at the end of the game. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Sam saying one three hundred and twenty six. We have Chile saying one thousand, seven hundred and fifty, Colin says nine hundred sixty two, Sarah nine hundred and fifty, and our four players left. We have Randall saying one thousand, three hundred and fifty seven, Cal one thousand, one hundred sixty eight, Corey one thousand, six hundred eighty one, Nate four hundred and sixty nine. The correct answer is nine hundred seventy four miles, making Cal our winner. He was within what about one hundred two hundred miles of the correct answer.
Speaker 6: He's got smaller thumbs.
Speaker 1: So the whole that that trip would take roughly fifteen hours and twenty five minutes to complete. The route passes through seven states, as well as Salt Lake City in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: Colin and Sarah, Yeah, very dang near.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine hundred seventy four miles. Sarah had it within twenty four miles of the correct answer twelve oh twelve. I'm sorry Colin even closer.
Speaker 5: The moment today I didn't get a single one right.
Speaker 1: So all right, Cal, where is the five hundred dollars donation from meat Eater going to go?
Speaker 3: Being as we have this like renewed sagebrush rebellion, a bunch of folks who hate American freedom trying to steal our public lands. I'm gonna donate back huntry hunters and English.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bha Calson and five hundred dollars their way via meat Eater. Are there any new developments, any kind of news to talk about with that or just like the the general election season, thiss of it.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's got nothing to do with the election.
Speaker 5: It's just so.
Speaker 3: The state of Utah sued the US government for the unappropriated BLM lands in Utah about eighteen and a half million acres, and then a bunch of states with no dog in this fight signed on an amicus brief. And then all of a sudden, why a place that I know people love the hell out of their public lands and you know, general American freedom.
Speaker 1: A lot of BLM there they signed.
Speaker 3: On in the amicus brief, and so did Idaho. And yeah, it's just really really bizarre to me. It's like these folks woke up one day and they're like, you know what, I hate America. I don't want people to have opportunity.
Speaker 1: Let's take that away. And we covered this subject. What was it a few weeks ago on media to radio? Did you talk to the BHA CEO and President?
Speaker 5: Oh that was yeah, that was several weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe seen this one coming. Oh right, don't forget The Meat Eater Trivia hunting and fishing expansion packs are available right now at store dot The meadeater dot com for just ten dollars. And thanks to Yeddi for sponsoring today's episode of Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them question down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. And he's an avid amateur rockhow