Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Mick Shots streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Hello from Everson and Savannah. And this is another edition of Mixed Shots. And I thought, for sure we would start this show with a fight song, the Missouri fight song.
Speaker 4: Next week, Becky, you dropped the ball.
Speaker 3: The next I said, I'd never heard the Missouri fight song before.
Speaker 4: Content.
Speaker 3: For sure, today we would start with the Missouri content. No one can find that things.
Speaker 5: I've got it.
Speaker 4: I've got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got it too. Someone you know what I've got it too. Someone sent it to me last night. They listened to the show and they sent me the Missouri so and let me tell you, I still haven't ever heard the Missouri before so.
Speaker 4: Back when, back when Missouri spanked A and M in Johnny Football's last season the year before, ten years ago, the year before A and M. One and the producer at that time went to A and M and he started my segment the next Monday morning with the A and M fight song.
Speaker 3: So I love that fight song.
Speaker 4: I waited an entire year, right, and when Missouri beat him, I played the fight song on the radio. I got back at him.
Speaker 3: And by the way, there are more than two words to the Oklahoma fight song you.
Speaker 6: Came prepared to.
Speaker 5: He tried to show us that yesterday. I couldn't think. I couldn't make the word.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't think of the other words. And so someone sent me those two sooner born suitor bread when I die sooner dead, there you go, or the other words.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's.
Speaker 4: It, Boomer sooner like ten times all right.
Speaker 5: I was very that's a drinking song.
Speaker 3: I was in college. I was very disappointed. When I turned the corner and I looked out on the football field and I did not see football equipment on the football field. What is going on with this football team?
Speaker 4: So do you have like four hours?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to back up the schedule of their feet. I know they did that last week and the week before and the week before that, But did you see them play on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Can we not get out there earlier today? Did you see him play the previous so since you brought that up.
Speaker 3: Yes, this occurred to me.
Speaker 4: I was telling Savannah, I wanted to see how some of the better teams in the league are doing on the road.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, all right, we wanted some comparisons.
Speaker 4: Buffalo has lost four of their six games on the road.
Speaker 3: I'd say two and four record.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia has lost three of their four losses on the road.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: San Francisco has lost two of their three losses on the road. Tampa Bay four of seven, Seattle five of the seven, and Miami three of their four losses on the road. Now, the Cowboys, you don't want to be one hundred percent on this, but they're the only one that lost four of four. But everybody else struggling on the road.
Speaker 3: Why why.
Speaker 4: It's not college right.
Speaker 5: They're still the NFL. We talked about that Yesterday's human nature, man, the comfort zone of being at home. It's just it makes everything different. It's not a hallucination. It's a true thing. When you're on the road, you're not as comfortable when you're at home. You have that comfort zone. It's like sleeping in your own bed. It is what it is.
Speaker 4: See, and I remember McCarthy saying, what you want to do is play five hundred on the road and win your home games. Well, they've won their home games, right, and they're three and four at this point on the road, so here we go.
Speaker 3: So when this week and you're four and four on the road, right, there you go and you're five hundred.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I just thought, I you know, I picked the teams that were in first place in their divisions, and that's kind of how it turned out.
Speaker 3: Well is Detroit Detroit?
Speaker 4: Oh I meant, I meant to get back to Detroit. So Detroit's the only one with the losses that they're five hundred. They've lost two of the four on the road. Okay, I was saving that for Okay the end. Thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: Well, I did not hear them, and so I thought maybe you had conveniently left the left.
Speaker 4: Them out just because they were four and o on the road and lost at home. I mean, what's worse, you know, losing on the road or losing at home.
Speaker 5: That's a very good question. I have no idea what I saw bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I saw Detroit with a bad loss at home on Thanksgiving Day. No, they did not play well. That was that the Green Bay, Green Bay.
Speaker 7: It has Miami lost, you, I know the Titans. Who else do we have on the list?
Speaker 5: I have that the Eagles got it.
Speaker 4: They have lost to Buffalo forty eight to twenty which, by the way, on the road. They lost to Philadelphia thirty one seventeen at Philadelphia, bad game, was winnable. They lost twenty one fourteen at Kansas City, and then they lost at home twenty eight twenty seven to Tennessee.
Speaker 3: But oh, that was a miserable game for them. That was a Monday night game just last week.
Speaker 4: Since you asked that, they've got ten wins, nine of them against teams with losing records, and the tenth one against Denver. That's now five hundred, but that was back on the third game of the season when it looked like Denver was going to win a game this year. So they have yet to beat anybody with a winning record. What does that.
Speaker 5: Mean, Well, that means that they sound like the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: They're playing at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's the same thing. They have the same type of reputation that we have.
Speaker 4: At least the Cowboys beat Philadelphia and beat Seattle, thank.
Speaker 5: God for that, right, Yes, But you know that that's what they who they compare us to. And it's not just a bad part of the Dolphins of the Cowboys, right, it's the potential that you have and it's what you expect from them, and then they go out and disappoint you in certain situations where it just surprises everyone. So that's why I say they remind you the doubts Cowboys because of their potential.
Speaker 3: And their ability to score points on offense, leading the league in points scored, Cowboys are number two.
Speaker 4: But see they get to play well, I guess the divisions are about the same now, right, the AFC East you get to play New England twice.
Speaker 3: It is very very interesting that you compare the two divisions, a f C East and the NFC East, just those divisions, and you got the Cowboys and the Eagles at the top of the NFC East, and then the Giants are like the Jets, and Washington is like New England. Okay, right, very similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's very pop heavy with two teams is getting towards Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean yeah, right, yeah, But whereas you get to play down you get to play the Jets twice five and nine.
Speaker 4: New England twice, three and eleven. It's about the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so if comparisons mean anything, there you.
Speaker 3: Go, Well they need that Cowboys need that trend to continue where they still haven't beaten a team with a winning record for at least one more week and they can do whatever they want to after that.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure Buffalo is the biggest Cowboy fans ever know.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're like apologizing to us.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we did that. But if they went out, they get the final say, right because they've got Miami. They've got Miami at at.
Speaker 5: Home at home.
Speaker 4: Wow. Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 3: They're at Miami.
Speaker 5: That is going to be a good game.
Speaker 4: Well that's that should be the flex.
Speaker 3: That likely well, as long as the Cowboys take care of business this week at Miami, the Buffalo will take care of business the next two weeks because they played the Yard and the Patriots and that will set up that one doesn't matter then really what Miami does against Baltimore the next week, because they have to win that Buffalo game, right, and and that will be the flex.
Speaker 5: You know, we keep doing this and they were doing it on TV today. I can't give anything. Nothing's automatic for me. Where is Buffalo playing New England?
Speaker 3: I believe they are at home.
Speaker 5: They're playing in Buffalo because.
Speaker 3: They're going to the Chargers this week. Yes, they're at home.
Speaker 5: Okay, boy, say it's a gimme if they're playing. I just wouldn't say that. You know, you get Zeke going. You never know what happens. Don't try to don't throw the ball. They treat that they would have if they could have, they could possibly if playing at home. Treat Buffalo the way Buffalo treated us. Just run the ball. Just run the ball, Run the ball, Run the ball.
Speaker 3: Since belly check is basically already fired, you know, come.
Speaker 5: On, man's stops. Yeah, and that's that's the most dangerous kind of coach. One that's about to get fired. Got nothing else to lose.
Speaker 3: That's a very good point.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I've just learned as we sat down here that ever Since is going to be out the next two days. He's going to take an early Christmas on us, on us.
Speaker 5: So I tell y'all come in Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Monday, you don't have to play Stampede at home.
Speaker 3: And so ever Since, we need to give you a lot of the next half hour for you two give us your opinions on what's going on here.
Speaker 7: I'm curious, ever since, take me back to some Christmas games that you've played before. What is there any that like sticks out in your mind or just like holiday games that you know it's Christmas? Wee where's the media guide?
Speaker 5: Oh? Okay, yeah, I'm gonna need it because I can't even remember.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 7: Let's go back to ever since Christmas games.
Speaker 5: I think that's yeah, help me out.
Speaker 3: I'll time to look it up.
Speaker 4: But see if it's in there, we will, we will go.
Speaker 3: Back through time. I love I like that idea is a good one.
Speaker 5: Chris.
Speaker 7: I just feel like there's some really good Christmas games this weekend. I'm looking at all the matchups here. There's some great games this week.
Speaker 3: Got a double header on Saturday, Another Saturday double header, Saturday double header on NBC. This week.
Speaker 4: Nothing's going to beat Sunday.
Speaker 7: You got Monday, I mean Sunday is great, and then Monday Giants Eagles, Ravens forty nine, Ers Ravens forty.
Speaker 4: In San France.
Speaker 3: It's three games on Monday. It starts at noon. Now, okay, so do you open presents on Christmas morning? Yes, okay, yes, yes, same here.
Speaker 5: I mean for the for the immediate house, right of course.
Speaker 3: Well some doing on Christmas Eve, you know, not allow. I'm the same way, but it's worked out well.
Speaker 5: Saying that he was a kid is not allowed, that's right.
Speaker 3: I've got three daughters who are married, and I don't know if they just won and or what, but they go to the in laws on Christmas even so we're all together on Christmas.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 3: The reason I asked that is there's a noon game on Christmas Day, so you've got to get your presence opened early. It's Vegas at Kansas City at noon on Monday.
Speaker 5: At that well, but.
Speaker 4: You will the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of you know, the NBA has owned Christmas Day, right, and now the NFL is We're going to see who owns Christmas Day this year. I have a feeling the NFL is going to own it this year.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then the Monday afternoon game at three point thirty, as Savannah mentioned, the Giants play at the Eagles, and then the Baltimore San Francisco game eleven and three against eleven and three is Monday night, Christmas.
Speaker 4: Night, so I don't remember the years. But I remember covering two Christmas Day games Cowboys at Arizona, and I believe if I remember the one, it was maybe ninety five.
Speaker 3: It was right, yeah, not right after.
Speaker 4: San Francisco Philly, right after the Philly debacle. Yes, yes, and San Francisco lost on the Cowboys flying out there, if I remember, I think that's right, and that allowed them, if they beat Arizona, to get home field advantage through the playoffs. And it was when they filled part of I forgot the name of them. Joey maguire, Thank you, Chris, I somebody help you out. And I remember it was a it was a night.
Speaker 3: Game they did play on Christmas Night. It was It was a Monday, December twenty fifth, nineteen ninety five. And that was two weeks after the fourth and one in Philadelphia Cowboys loss to fall to ten and four. They beat the Giants the next week, December seventeenth, and then the last game of the regular season was on Christmas Night, Monday night, December twenty fifth, at Arizona.
Speaker 4: And so what I did, thanks to the time zone change, I had Christmas at home, took a flight to Arizona, got in about three four in the afternoon for the night game and took the Red I back and so I was there for breakfast the next morning. So all I missed was one meal.
Speaker 3: But what happened was the Cowboys were able to secure the first round.
Speaker 4: You're not worried about my travel, no.
Speaker 3: But what we care about. What we care about is on that that Christmas turned out to be very nice for the Cowboys because they were able to secure not only home field advantage, but the first round by in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: There was another they played again there on Christmas. I think maybe ten fifteen years later, because I didn't write the charter. Then I remember going on my own again. I'm gonna wake up Christmas morning in a hotel.
Speaker 3: No kidding, no kidding.
Speaker 4: How depressing that.
Speaker 3: As it turns out, you'll be arriving back all and the rest of the team about the same time.
Speaker 4: Santa Claus, I already night.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. So would you rather play on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve night? There is a night game on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 4: I would hate that.
Speaker 3: I would do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, neither one sounds good. New England.
Speaker 3: New England plays at Denver at seven fifteen Christmas Eve night, so they sat seven to fifteen pm. It's on the NFL network Christmas Eve, so England at Denver.
Speaker 4: They got to change two time zones to play that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what kind of mood is Bill Belichick going to be in going game seven.
Speaker 4: Fifteen Sunday night, Christmas Eve?
Speaker 5: That he would be a good screwige.
Speaker 4: Eastern times so by time they get home it'll be four or five in the morning.
Speaker 3: But for teams, they're traveling, and just you're traveling. If you're playing on Christmas Day, you're traveling Christmas Eve, so you're away from the family, and especially you're playing well, it doesn't matter either way. You're playing the Christmas night and you're just in a hotel room.
Speaker 4: You know what I was morning. I've always said, who in the heck put Christmas in the middle of the NFL season? How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Priorities under that and we continue traveling down Everson Walls Christmas Memory Lane.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 5: He'll for a Perstyn.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold koola a journey to footopia. Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 6: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved atamuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP Fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 7: Here's kpost roofine and Waterproofine, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. As we're getting into Christmas, I just looked up the history of the NFL games on Christmas. So it was introduced in nineteen seventy one and it fell on a Saturday. And the teams who played on that day for the Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs, and Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 3: So what happened when that Cowboy Cowboys played the you said the Vikings that day.
Speaker 7: I just know it's the four teams, but I will find out what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, Mickey's got the media guy. Nineteen seventy one Christmas Day. Oh seventy one Christmas Day, Quick, hurry, look at up, look it up.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I found out that was Leave It to Savannah.
Speaker 4: It was the NFC Championship game Cowboys. Oh no, it was the divisional game at Minnesota twelve twenty five.
Speaker 3: And what was the score?
Speaker 4: Cowboys win twenty to twelve.
Speaker 3: Twenty to twelve, nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 4: With a whole forty nine thoy one hundred people there that got them into the NFC title Game when they beat San Francisco fourteen to three and sent them to Super Bowl six to win their first French Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Let me see that for just a second.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: This is going to take me back to my favorite game, my favorite day of watching football ever. It was nineteen seventy two. It was two days before Christmas, December twenty third, nineteen seventy two, and that was the day of the Immaculate Reception. And I remember I think it may have been on a Saturday. It was Okay, it was on a Saturday, I remember, and I was home and sisters mom, they're out shopping or whatever. It was the most brilliant day ever. So Pittsburgh's playing the Raiders in the early game, and then you have the immaculate reception Franco Harris. And then the late game is Dallas at San Francisco and the Cowboys are trailing twenty eight to sixteen with two minutes left in the game, and then Rogers stabach leads to come back Tony Fritz with the behind the leg on side kick touchdown, Larry Coles rolling, and the Cowboys win thirty to twenty eight. To this day, it's still the greatest day in National Football League history in my opinion.
Speaker 4: I was home from college that day. I remember watching the game. My mother was cooking, and when that happened, I held, hey, you got to come and see this.
Speaker 3: Which one the immaculate reception or though, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Immaculate reception? Yeah, I remember seeing it. Yep.
Speaker 5: So I liked that. That was good. Okay. So that was when they had AstroTurf, right, that was AstroTurf in the Keezar Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet not.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's what it looked like. He was rolling around. Really yeah, it looked like it was AstroTurf.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that old stadium had AstroTurf in seventy two.
Speaker 3: I'll look it up. You go on to something else.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask, so the question of the day, since we won't have a chance to ask it the rest of the week, how do you defend Tyreek's Hill speed? To Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: I would say, get him on natural turf. That's the best way to do it. So get him on natural turf grass. In mind, they do have natural grass in Miami, but yet they still seem to win easily at home. They still run by people at home on natural grass, which is unusual, but the most effective way to play against this entire offense.
Speaker 4: Because the other guys are fast too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Wattle is fast as well. We saw that last week. Right without Tyreek Hill, He's still running by everybody, and I believe that was a home game as well. Cover two is the best you can do against these guys, the same way the Buffalo played us. You have to have two safeties high and that can eliminate a lot of problems as far as their speed going down the field. The safety is back their way on him already. So if I'm going to give a nice coaching point to a defensive back, especially at cornerback, I got to get my hands on him at the line of scrimmage. You have to get your hands on him at the line of scrimmage. No one does that anymore. Belichick was the master at understanding how just a hand on a guy, just a body position on the guy, just leverage on the guy, could really make the quarterback question his throws. So you have to get a hand on him, keep the leverage on him as an underneath defensive defender, and make sure those safeties are over the top. I don't care how deep they have to be. They're not involved in the run, just like Buffalo did against us, just like Carolina tried to do against us as well. It keeps the big plays down. But can you prevent the drives? Can you prevent the new mo play new one play drives.
Speaker 4: Which means you got to stop the run with just your normal front.
Speaker 5: Just the same way that Buffalo tried to do against us, and they did they did.
Speaker 4: So what happens if you got the safeties deep and he gets in space.
Speaker 5: If he gets in space, then you better have convergence. You gotta have. Everyone has to go to the ball. And that's that's some things that just needs to be emphasized during practice. You have. It's a sense of urgency every time one of those guys gets the ball. And it's not just the wide receivers. I can't. I'm not sure if I have the pronunciation on the running back even if he's playing this.
Speaker 4: Time master or a.
Speaker 5: Chain. The rookie, ye An, that's another guy he's talking about getting in space.
Speaker 7: He has the most twenty plus yard runs among rookies.
Speaker 5: Look at you, Yeah, what's going on? He had well, it's good on this side of the watch this side of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Look good by the way he had good on this side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were good.
Speaker 3: He had about twelve of those twenty yard runs against the Denver Broncos in a seventy to twenty one win earlier.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, I watched him.
Speaker 5: He can't. He can't stay healthy though.
Speaker 4: Last year at A and M just ripped the daylights out of l issue. He must have run for like two hundred and fifty yards or something.
Speaker 5: Astronomical and he's extremely fast, and they says extreal fast.
Speaker 4: He would have hit the hole like he was.
Speaker 5: Is he faster than him? Is he faster than Hill?
Speaker 4: It'd be a nice race.
Speaker 5: No one's ever said it because we know how fast Tyreek is.
Speaker 4: Well, Tyreek was not fast enough. He quit on the forty yard dash with Micah right.
Speaker 5: Now he did the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 4: Now he did, Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: I remember Tyreek? You remember Tyreek with Kansas City? Yes, right before the hed Oh yeah, oh yeah, remember that plan put that crap down? Remember that place I just called that up for Yeah, we were talking about okay, throw it underneath and what do you do against?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: That was hall.
Speaker 4: What year was that?
Speaker 5: That was pandemic here?
Speaker 4: I think was it twenty twenty?
Speaker 5: I think it was. We were just pitiful.
Speaker 7: So I guess we'll just see if Tyreek plays the injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, he's playing. He's playing out later, he's playing.
Speaker 5: And see if you have a guy with a bad ankle, yeah, you know, you don't go after the ankle. But what you do is you put more pressure on him than you would otherwise, you know, make him show you that that ankle is good. Make him. You put more pressure on him to make plays in spite of the fact that ankle might be bothering him.
Speaker 3: It was actually twenty seventeen, I think.
Speaker 5: Was it really that we were that bad in seventeen.
Speaker 4: Defensively?
Speaker 5: I believe? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nine and seven season, there was Kansas City November fifth.
Speaker 3: Cowboys had a fourteen to three lead late in the first staff with thirteen seconds left and fifty seven yard touchdown pass Alex Smith to Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: Because they were playing they were playing Hell Mary Prevent, Yeah, and they dumped it underneath and.
Speaker 5: See so you look at that play, No one converged, No one converged. You had, you know, some guys that were covering up up wide receivers over here and they probably just look.
Speaker 3: They were all back at the ten yard line, inside the fifteen yard line.
Speaker 5: If you look at Prevent right, well, once he catches the ball and he's not in the end zone, how about coming up and making a play.
Speaker 4: They were, you see, they were waiting for him to get to them.
Speaker 5: Now do we have do we have any players on this team that are not afraid on defense for this Tyreek Hill? Do we have those guys better be different. We gotta be different. They can't just be Parsons. It's gotta be Everyone out there has to be ready. You have to have your eyes on the ball at all times and wherever that wherever that ball is, you have to come up and make plays as a team. Pursuit drills, right, Pursuit drills. That's stuff we worked on when we went Pee Wee League.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you what one of the greatest college football coaches of all time did with Tyreek Hill on the other side one time when Tyreek Hill was at Oklahoma State. Okay, It's into the game basically, and OU is kicking off our punting from the OSU forty five fifty. I mean it was around midfield or inside in OSU's into the field and they're just punting. Tyreek is lined up at the ten yard line whatever, and so they punt. They get it off and it was a fair catch or something. I don't remember exactly what happened on it, and OSU was off side and OU elected to punt again for some reason. I'm getting it. I'm I'm sure I'm messing this story up, but the fact remains OU decided on their own to punt again to Tyreek Hill and he returned at ninety.
Speaker 5: Yards for for a touchdown. I remember, well, now if you listen to Tyree, I think he was either miked up one game that they lost, or it was the postgame press conference and he said, they said, well, what were they doing to you guys to control you? He said, they were just playing a deep cover too. And if that's coming from him, so we know what his weakness is. You know, that's his kryptonite. You have to have a safety over the top for him. But there must be pressure on him on the line of scrimmage. No free releases, and that's about That's all you can do. That's all you can do. You have to realize you have to give up a particular play on him. Don't give up deep plays, give up everything in front if you have to, and then play him deep. It's you know, it's a way to do it. And we've seen it done more than once, so it's not like it's some magic bean or something out there. You just have to play the defense that's already given him problems.
Speaker 4: So my solution to him is you got to get to Tua. But they've done a pretty good job of keeping him clean in the pocket. The Dolphins have here a list of the fewest quarterback hits aloud this year, and Miami is first with just forty eight forty eight their first. Philadelphia has fifty eight, Buffalo sixty two, oh by the way, and after that Baltimore sixty two, Indianapolis sixty four, and San Francisco sixty four. So protecting the quarterback seems to be pretty important now.
Speaker 5: It seems like tuas you know, when he's in on the roll, it's always about timing passes right, you know, and if we can just cover his first option, see, and that's when the guys can get to him.
Speaker 4: Fewest sacks allowed. Oh, by the way, it's Buffalo with nineteen. It was eighteen going into the Cowboys game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well a lot of that has to do with Josh being able to to run, yeah, and save some sacks.
Speaker 4: Kansas City twenty one sacks and then Miami twenty six sax leave belowed, San Francisco twenty six and the Rams twenty seven.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 7: Has the Dolphins had their starting line all season long like the Bells or did they face any injuries? Is my next question that I.
Speaker 5: Don't well, I don't think they've had much turnover in the offense.
Speaker 4: Well, after this break, maybe we can get that answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we will take that break. By the way, they were not playing in Keyzar Stadium when the Cowboys played the Niners in that seventy two game. They were at candles there at Candlestick. They moved out of Keysars Stadium after the nineteen seven seven season.
Speaker 4: Seventy one was yeah, I remember that Candlestick too.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 6: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 5: What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 12: A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning, Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of fool PEPSI finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Shots.
Speaker 7: Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL the End of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at nfl dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: Okay, we continue with our final ten minutes with Everson before he leaves for Christmas break, and Everson is you are going to make your picks today?
Speaker 5: Are you going to win out?
Speaker 3: You're gonna text until Friday. I'm going to text and so we will have communication with him.
Speaker 5: On Yes, I'm not going off the grid. Thank you. All right.
Speaker 3: Mickey is being very studious over here as he goes through the Dolphins game release.
Speaker 5: What did you come up with?
Speaker 4: So they've had problems on the offensive line. They started the season off with Lamb as the starter first two games, then Armstead Kindle Lance and then Lamb another four games, and then Harmstead, Armstead, arms Armstead, Lamb, Armstead, So the starter missed five games one to three, four, six games, seven games. Win was their starting left guard and he has not played since they played Philadelphia's.
Speaker 3: That's Isaiah Win, former first round draft pick of the Patriots in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: He's missed seven games. The center are Connor Williams, by the way, who.
Speaker 3: For her second round the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: With a torn acl had missed five games or has missed five games. And the right guard is miss five games.
Speaker 3: Hunt, Robert Hunt, and.
Speaker 4: The only offensive lineman who has not missed a game right.
Speaker 3: Tackle Jackson, Austin Jackson.
Speaker 4: So they've had to answer your question, some shuffling on their offensive line. So if I count that up, that's ten twenty two missstarts by the starters. By comparison, the Cowboys are and they're still number one.
Speaker 7: Hun and they're still number one.
Speaker 4: I think that has a lot to do with Tua and probably the speed of their wide receivers getting open so fast.
Speaker 3: Well, a big issue for them against Tennessee and that Monday night game. They didn't have arms Armsteads, their starter at left tackle, and he's their high dollar guy. Uh, but he came back for the Jets game last week and fifty three snaps last week. So they were healthier against the.
Speaker 4: Jets, but they but they lost, and they.
Speaker 3: Lost Connor Williams in that game against Tennessee.
Speaker 4: So and then they've been without Hunt last six or seven games. So they've had injuries to answer your question.
Speaker 3: And that's a big difference between them and the Buffalo Bills. And you know the way Miami, the way Miami started the season, and you know, they're rolling everybody, and that's probably a big reason that they were slowed down considerably as the season went on, which, by the way, inconsistent.
Speaker 4: With Hill missing last week's games. Starting in his place, some guy named Cedric Wilson.
Speaker 5: Wow, how did they do well?
Speaker 4: I can find that out too Boise State.
Speaker 3: He had two catches for two yards, three targets and along of three by the way he did, he had two catches for two.
Speaker 5: Yards along of three.
Speaker 3: Let's see, that means a short of minus one.
Speaker 4: In other words, they didn't trust throwing to him.
Speaker 3: He didn't go deep. But yeah, he's there, he is there, but we're not consuming.
Speaker 5: We better not let him do. Jack Mike White, he better not do Jack.
Speaker 4: Mike White's the backup quarterback spent a year with the Cowboys and they still have Jason Pierre Paul on their roster.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jason Pierre Paul's with him.
Speaker 4: He is not anymore, not anymore.
Speaker 5: He was released yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess I missed that. In his fourteenth fourteenth.
Speaker 5: That's a heck of a season. That's a heck of a career. That's a that's a nice young man.
Speaker 4: How many years did you get in thirteen thirteen? That's a pretty good career.
Speaker 5: Is you know who is big? You know who is big?
Speaker 3: And Jason Pierre Paul's development John Blake. I don't know they crosspaths maybe I'm not sure where, but I think Blake was also before he passed away, he was also doing some training. Oh he was whatever, And that's true Jason Pierre Paul. I remember watching John Blake's funeral service and Jason Pierre Paul was one of the Border players who came here to Dallas to his memorial service.
Speaker 5: Wow. Yeah, stuff.
Speaker 3: Anyway, just because they released him yesterday doesn't mean he won't be there on Saturday.
Speaker 4: On Friday, he's uh, he'll be thirty five on New Year's Day. Maybe they signed him to the practice squad or they had to wait.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing with this Dolphins team, though, that has worked for them this year is their quarterback has been able to stay healthy. And that was the biggest question mark after last season was would Tua be able to play a full season with the concussion issues that he's had. That's why that Mike White signing in the off season was a big one for them because and I question, Okay, sadly, can Tua make it through a whole season, and that would be the one thing that would stop them from being able to do what they want to do. And he's fortunately for him and for the Dolphins, he's been able to stay healthy all year.
Speaker 4: He's only fortunate. Mike White has only attempted six passes, right, so.
Speaker 3: It's been it's been all to all season long.
Speaker 5: And though he's nice, yet once that backfoot hits, he's getting rid of it. That's the best way for him to stay healthy is to get rid of the balls, don't hold on to it.
Speaker 4: Here are the two I think statistics that really stand out. He's completed seventy one percent of his passes. They're averaging eight point six an attempt, by the way, which is really good when you're getting close to nine.
Speaker 3: And how much of that is run after cash?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then he's only run thirty times, so that means he's not like jumping out of the pocket at the you know, at the first sign of problems. Fifty five yards rushing, no touchdowns, but he's thrown for twenty five and ten interceptions. So his quarterback rating is one oh six, which by the way, is right above Dak who dropped to one oh four after this last game. So he's got the second highest quarterback rating in the NFL right now, which is probably a significant improvement over last year. So again, remember all the everybody's I don't know if this guy was worth the pick, this, this, and this. Sometimes it takes quarterbacks a year or two, maybe three to really flourish in the NFL, and he certainly got the statistics right now. So he look at efficiency. That's huge.
Speaker 3: And when he was healthy last year, in thirteen starts last year, he had very similar stats as for eight picks and twenty five touchdown passes and eight point nine yards per attempt, sixty five percent completion percentage. So I mean he's been that in his career. If he's as long as he can stay healthy.
Speaker 5: I'm still trying to look up Christmas games for myself. You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things though, you know, the regular.
Speaker 4: Subs me, I guess he only got five days.
Speaker 3: You know, many years he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be looking at that fall night. I hope you're shopping better than you're looking up.
Speaker 5: For shopping today as well. So yes, I hope you.
Speaker 3: Got like one minute, I'm.
Speaker 5: Calling this in. You didn't have any calling this in. I'm sitting that in with I picked the clicks.
Speaker 4: You only had that one with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: So if you had anything we had in eighty three, well eighty three, I think, yeah, we had eighty two, but eighty three we had the uh we had the Rams on the twenty six, and that's when right Dickerson rans out of our own stadium. That was the ice Bowl game for us because the ice in the end zone. That was horrible.
Speaker 3: Well, the other thing is back then, the many years the regular season ended before Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: So true, and you had you had Philadelphia your second year and that I'm guessing that season got extended because of the strike, right yep. Because the last regular season game was played January third, eighty four.
Speaker 5: We did not make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That was a Dorset game.
Speaker 4: Yes, Minnesota nine nine yards and a half.
Speaker 5: That's good. See they said you could call that the Everson Walls game. I did. I got an interception that game. I got a flip simultaneously, got an interception and flipped at the same time, So that could be an Everson Walls game. I don't hear you saying my name on that one, Bill.
Speaker 3: That's because you're we reserved your game for the other.
Speaker 5: Game, right, the other game, right.
Speaker 3: But we'll just call that game the flip There you go catch game and the flip game. Yeah right, okay, So uh we give the floor to Everson for the last minute or so. Here the final mixed shot before Christmas. Here before his little Christmas break.
Speaker 7: And before the Cowboys head to Miami. Any last words for him.
Speaker 5: Put your track shoes on, baby, that's it. Put your track shoes on. They're going to be trying to run by us. They're going to try and embarrass us. They're just like us. They love to get out early and fast, and that's when they play at their best. When they play ahead. They don't play well from behind. I think we play better from behind and I think we can come out here, and I do. I truly believe that we can beat these guys. But I want them to believe it, not me. I want them to believe it, because when they go some places, I don't think they believe in themselves at all. I don't think they believed in what they were doing in Buffalo. They didn't look like it. So as far as I'm concerned, they have to go out there and believe in themselves so they can do this, and I hope they can do it without a Jimmy Johnson type rant coming from their coach. Be mature enough to go out there and understand what you have to do as a team and be done with it.
Speaker 3: Amen, all right, now does it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Everson? You have a very merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Yeah, y'all as well, and remember we're not doing this until okay, I won't be here.
Speaker 4: Has com have been canceled once?
Speaker 5: Only Savannah question Mark.
Speaker 4: Saying underneath my Christmas?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: That does it for a Wednesday? Or it is Wednesday mix shines and some of us will shout at you again tomorrow.
Speaker 5: And go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club