Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shaked. Y. I am Jaseelle Bryant with that.
Speaker 1: What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, reasonably shady, reasonably shady, shady shady, reasonable, reasonable shady shady. Okay, so we have things to discuss. By the way, happy sinkle to my old Yes. Yes, is that the Hispanic Liberation Day? I believe so?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yes, it's just a day that everybody decides theyre going to drink margarita, yes, quila, okay, and tacos. I want y'all to give me some feedback. Love Hotel. It's been tearing up Sunday nights on Bravolle. It's all up in the Love Hotels. Y'all let me know whether or not y'all love it hate it. I want to see it again, but it's it's I'm enjoying.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying watching it good. Yeah all right, Well I haven't caught it yet, yeah, but I will get up. I've been I've been doing a little traveling.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all over the place. By the way, the boys basketball, Yeah, yeah, are they winning losing?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Travel basketball? They're they're doing well, they're doing well well.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Kyne Anthony Anthony Carmelo son, Carmelo's son, is he going Is this time for him to go to college?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And he's going to Syracuse Yes, So he's done playing this aa yeah travel stuff.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yep. So he's no longer on the travel circuits.
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw this like he got an award, he got a crown or something Kayne did or yeah, mellow no Kyne the Sun and he gave it to La La.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know, okay, yeah, I don't know. I saw that on this social media.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you don't have played in like a game and they gave them a one something. Okay, I don't know. Do y'all do make believe awards for this travel team? No? No, okay, make believe. I don't know. I don't know what happens on the road. No, no, no, no. So like and once the kids get to high school, travel basketball is all about, you know, first of all, like development and getting better, but really trying to get like a college scholarship to like all the college coaches come nice to the games and stuff, or not all of them. But so it's all about just getting exposure to college coaches so you can get a college scholarship.
Speaker 2: So it really doesn't matter what high school you go to if you play on one of these teams.
Speaker 1: Not true, hell, because high school it's still yees. So the coaches they look at the players during the summer, but they also want to see what you're doing during your high school season. You know, they kind of go hand in hand. So and I like, you bring up high school. I'm like, I just have we have frustration with high school basketball. I'm like, ah, so, yes, high school basketball is still important, like the high school season.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can't blow that off. No, okay, no, all right, very good. I have a shady moment. I was traveling and walking the streets.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So you've seen on Instagram people that roll up on you in the streets and ask you questions.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, has that happened to that happened to me? Did it happen? No? Okay?
Speaker 2: So in New York okay, mine in my business going walking in the Chelsea Market area and a guy rolls up on me. So when they roll up on your When this guy rolled up on me, he was walking up on me fast, which is a no, no, you can't do that right. That's like scary. It's like it's scary.
Speaker 1: Oh what's happening.
Speaker 2: It's like it's inappropriate. But that's I think part of it. They gotta get you, so they got to roll upon you.
Speaker 1: And he was like, hey, got to talk to you for a minute. I got to talk to you for a minute. I just have to ask you a question. I have to ask you a question.
Speaker 2: I was like no, no, no, kept walking okay. Then when I had to come back, he called me again.
Speaker 1: Okay. He was like, can I ask you a question? I gotta ask you a question.
Speaker 2: And I was like okay, fine, and he said, okay, fine, how many pounds.
Speaker 1: Is a polar bear? What?
Speaker 2: Literally that's the question? How many pounds was a polar bear? Is a polar bear?
Speaker 1: And I was like a thousand pounds? And I kept walking. Okay. That was day one. Okay, day two he's out there again.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, because I think he's stopping. I think it's the thing, like you stop people, you ask him stupid ask question. I cannot remember what the second question was, but it was something along those lines.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a rattlesnak rattlesnake rattle, like.
Speaker 2: It was just stupid and I was like this, can't you gotta get a better day job?
Speaker 1: Right? What are we doing with this information? They're trying to go viral? Oh? So? I mean so you've seen it on Instagram where people like you're trying to build So, I mean, I wonder if the guy has a following. Okay, but he's trying to either build a following or try to go viral or try to you know, he's trying to do something.
Speaker 3: What's the last thing that made you cry?
Speaker 1: Pepper Spray?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite book?
Speaker 1: Rocky three?
Speaker 3: Do you like? Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift? I love that, dude.
Speaker 3: Best advice you've ever given someone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my boy Mike, he's a janitor, but his house is dirty, so I told him we should work from home.
Speaker 3: You are, that's that sound advice. What's your favorite Pokemon character Lebron James?
Speaker 2: Okay, well the Polar Bear and how much Polar Bear weighs That ain't going viral?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or maybe people's reaction to it goes viral. Oh I wish I could find this. So this one guy, Yeah, it's a black guy. Now this is funny because it's because you know, I watched one and then I end up going this page and watch him more. Yeah, black guy. And he's like somewhere in the South, maybe Kentucky, I don't know, and he's stopping white people, young, young white people. Instead, name your three favorite black people? And what did they say? That? Like they don't know any My god, the answers are insane, these two white girls, and they were like, oh god, what is his name? Michael? Oh? God, like Michael Michael, Michael Something King, Michael Something King, Yeah, Michael Something King, Martin Luther King.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, white people do better.
Speaker 1: Martin lot King Jr.
Speaker 3: Martha Martha.
Speaker 1: Martha, Michael Martin, Michael, Michael Luther King. Yes, Michael, that sounds like they got a ring too.
Speaker 3: Let's go with Michael Luther King Jordan, Okay with why hand? What did he do?
Speaker 1: He had a dream yep about what his life? They are like trying to pull something out of their ass, like they are clueless. They can't even think of, you know, Beyonce. A lot of them said Barack Obama. Nice, that would be like like choice, they like be like, oh, but it's hilarious like watching them just like be stuck.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, have you seen have you seen Michelle talk about not going to the Trump inauguration and how she just wanted to do something for herself and blah blah blah, she's choosing her. I want her to be like, because we love Michelle.
Speaker 1: I want her to be like because I don't like him. Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what I was like, Please say that, right, because that's in my mind what it really is exactly.
Speaker 1: But she harped on more so like the fact that people were assuming that something was wrong with their.
Speaker 2: Marriage, right, which, like, no, I didn't get that at all. I felt like, you didn't go because you didn't want to be sitting next to that right exactly. No, it wasn't his inauguration, yeah, right at the funeral, Yeah, an inauguration Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter is Jimmy Yeah, Jimmy HER's funeral Jimmy Carter. Yeah, because you knew the seating arrangement.
Speaker 1: And what's the next. I don't blame you exactly. I promise you. I want to Michell to say that. Please just say it, because that's better. It is it is it's just them being like, oh, I want to do something for myself or no, she harped on, like you know, when you say no, no, no means not not no means no. But like like people should be able to say no, people should be able to respect your no for whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but I wanted it to be because he because they say he smells like bad burgers.
Speaker 1: That's what I wanted her to say. I mean, but I would have a hard time in that position going to an inauguration of someone who has totally disrespected me and my husband right because he ridiculed. It's like the disrespect is not even based on like policies. It's it's like he's like ridical ridicules or like insults or like yes, you know, no, I don't. I don't want to be in that environment. I'm not participating in that nonsense, that foolishness.
Speaker 2: She should have the freedom to say that, you know, yeah, first of all, she'd have to say nothing.
Speaker 1: But I just want her to be like because I didn't want to right anyway, we got off track. Yeah, so shady moment for me, Okay, y'all. I really it's so crazy. My brain is soaked up, Like I had a shady moment, yeah, and you forgot it and I totally forgot it. I cannot think of it, and it's so and so. Now the guy, I don't remember your name, I can't remember if you emailed or if you messaged me on Instagram, but you were like, Robin, how dare you not have a shady moment, because like a couple of weeks ago, I didn't have a shady moment? Yeah, he was like, I mean, at least like fake one or pretend one. Yes, real shady moments people do them. I'm like, you know, our life doesn't have to be shady every single week, Like something crazy doesn't have to happen. Mine does. For whatever reason, you get out of the house more than I do. I'm like, that's true. But I do want to say there are tons. I actually have tons of shady moments that I wish I could share with you guys. But as a business owner, and you know, the customer is always right, I want to say tons or like I just I just have to keep them to myself. Yeah, no, I get that because, let me tell you, just being a business owner, you meet all types of just people and encounter all types of scenarios and it's quite entertaining and just interesting. But I can't really can't divulge. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: So I saw this Instagram post and it said deleting your long paragraph and texting back okay, just okay is a different kind of self control.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's me all day long. Yes, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm so good at it at the self control. I don't because I used to get the law paragraphs and then I'd be like delete. I just to be like, okay, right, I don't have the long paragraphs no more. Yeah, I'm just like okay, And I don't know, right, I don't give a damn right, or I'm just I'm just self control to the one hundredth power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I yeah, I'm I think we've all done that. We've all I don't know, if it's a long paragraph, it just like you start trying to explain, and you know what, like I don't even want to do this back and forth. I don't even want to lead to any more. Like discussion or confusion or whatever like no, okay whatever, Yeah, it's just okay, yes, okay, So that has self control for sure, some people will you, I mean you you know of course people put on Instagram like their little oh look at this scenario who's right and who's wrong, and people just going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, and.
Speaker 2: It's like okay, yeah, so so remember how you were about to block your brother. Yes, but you wrote a text. Yeah that was like wild. Yeah, you could have just said okay.
Speaker 1: I think I had tried that. I think I had tried that, and he kept coming at me, and then that's when I'm like, wow, that's so, that's when it's funny. So that's like, so when you hit okay and then the persons still coming at you, then that's when it's on. You might lose your self control, ess self control in the trash can. I said, okay, okay, so did you successfully finish a couple more episodes of White Lotus. I'm trying really yes, it is like, okay, have you watched one and two? Yes? But so yes I watched one and two. Okay, I don't remember anything that happened on one. I don't even remember who was on one, that's fine. Two. The only thing I remember is the last the you know, the the boats that Jennifer Coolidge, Yes, is that her name? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you know the Jennifer's husband who killed her. Yes, okay, So in number three, White Lotus three, you know his house? Yes, Robi, you can stay in that house. I didn't realize it was this big. Oh my, thirteen thousand dollars a night, thirteen points?
Speaker 1: Are they like rent? So you can rent that? You can rent it.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, freaking beautiful, and it's probably.
Speaker 1: Ten bedrooms or something something crazy. It's beautiful. It's definitely beautiful, eight bedrooms, a bath, Okay, it has a staff and all that, like all.
Speaker 2: That golf beach, it's like a man made beach. You got a sports court, a sports court, spa room, you got three pools, you got all things. So I'm just noting y'all know that it is available for rents. Yes, just that when I get a dime out of this. But the the that place where he stayed on White Lotus, Yes, so that's a really nice all right. I want to give a shout out to Pat McGrath, who is now the first beauty icon to lead Louis Vuitton's cosmetic and she's now gonna be a cosmetic creative director. Okay, Pat McGrath is you know, I love her stuff for something. It's absolutely amazing. She's been in the business forever and so yeah, she's gonna be their creative director.
Speaker 1: So wait, is this a new venture for Louis Baittan? Do that? Have they always had cosmetics? Yeah? Haven't they? I don't know. So it's like why and so okay, so what do you mean she's the first she's going, Oh, she's the first black Oh okay, okay, yes, okay, I'm like, I'm like, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Forgot that that word. Ok Yes, she's black, y'all and she's amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I just want to give her a shout out.
Speaker 2: And then last, but not least, Okay, So you have to Okay, I'm gonna read some things and then you have to think about who we left out.
Speaker 1: Okay, you ready? How I dress black men over fifty depends on a tire. Okay. So if he has on sweatpants, we call him coach. Okay, I saw this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he has on linen player, right, if he has on linen with a gold chain, he played player? Yes, he has on jeans, big dog. Okay, he has on a suit rev Okay, but also like suited and booted, could be unk?
Speaker 1: No, unc is socks and sandals? Okay, that's un Okay, okay, I can go is chief chief? Like chief? Hey?
Speaker 3: Chief?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, okay, So who do we miss over fifty? I mean at this point, some of these men over fifty still look young. So what about like where's the bro or young blood? Yeah? Like okay, so Bra would be I think that like Bruh is like the sweatpants, Yes, you know what I mean, sweatpants, not coach. No he's not. He's not. He's not coach. Mm hmm okay, so he's Bra. Okay. Who else is there? So church shoes? I think that's pops?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, pops. Okay, I feel like suitan in booted. If you suited and booted, I might call you king, like there's a king. I wouldn't give that to I can't just get that to all revs.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, it's well, it depends on the suit. If it's a big baggy suit, then I'd be like, Okay, that's REV. But if it's like a sharp tailored suit, yes, then what is that sharp tailing suit? Is King?
Speaker 3: King?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay? Or is that REV? That's not REV? That's not right?
Speaker 2: No, if you have no, if you have on a pimp suit, yes, that's REV. Right, yes, exactly. And for y'all know what pimpsuit suits are. They're like a suit that's probably orange, and your shoes are orange too, and they're gators. Okay, and you come from Detroit. So that's yeah, right, we cover them all. I'm trying to think like other ones. Yeah, uh yeah, I think we covered them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like absolutely hilarious. Okay, so we got some stuff to read.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so so we have some people who wrote in all right, A lot of people responded to this A couple episodes ago. I said, you know, I often have the question of like why do people have a baby on board sticker? Like what is the point? Yes? Yes, yes, A lot of people responded, So just gonna read one. This is from Logan HM. She says, Hi, Giselle and Robin, I'm new to writing into podcasts, but not new to listening. I binge watched The Real Housewis of Potomac and was so sad to finish it as well as see Robin go. So I had to find your pod. Okay, thank you Logan for joining us. Not sure if you'll get this, but I listened to your Bras and Toes pod today and was bus laughing hearing your comments about baby on board stickers. I'd like to say I've used those stickers a little bit out of excitement, like Giselle said, and wanting everyone to know, but also to inform first responders in case of an accident, and I placed the sticker on the side of the car where my child's car seat is placed. Although my husband ridicules the stickers because he is convinced hundreds of bad drivers put them on their cars so people don't get mad when they've up. Anyway, right, anyway, y'all are so entertaining. Thanks for your hard work, ladies, Sending lots of love. So a lot of people wrote in and said it's for verse responders that when people get in an accident, you know, sometimes the baby, the baby can be ejected, or you know, you just just for them to know that there's a baby on board that's smart. So I believe, yes, that is probably the purpose of them, But I still don't think that's the reason why most people put them on their car. I feel like most people don't get them for that purpose, do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I think they're excited, Yeah, because they have they have they just got a baby. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's right. They just went But and so they don't even know the purpose of the stick, right, matchmaking, we didn't talk about that.
Speaker 1: So all of our matches have been matched. So we so we went through all the submissions for matchmaking. We matched people who we thought were good matches and then and they've been notified, and they've been notified send emails to everyone. We also email people that we weren't able to match, yes, just telling them, you know, thank you, and hopefully, you know, maybe if we're doing in the future, we'll find someone for them. So yeah, okay, So if you submitted something to matchmaking, you haven't checked your emails, please check your emails because it's date right, because the love of your life might be waiting for you in your email. But it's funny because we've already had some people be like, yeah, no, I don't I'll pass y'all ain't right, right, Why did you even go through the process? Right? Yeah, we want to we want to marry somebody, right, but we have people like, yes, they're excited. So yeah, so we'll see how that like.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll keep y'all posted on that, all right.
Speaker 1: I have Hi, Robin and Gazelle. This is from sam A.
Speaker 2: Now listen, this is my second time right now, so let's hope this one.
Speaker 1: Is a winner. How shady, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: I had to pop back in because Robin, it would your birthday and that deserves a shout out.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, queen, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope you live in your best life, reasonably or no, reasonably and shady as ever. Now, y'all had the most iconic chat with chat GPT the other day.
Speaker 1: Oh I had, he had it?
Speaker 3: He had?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't even how do you do that? You have a chat with chat GPT? Yes you can have you have you ventured on the chat gibt?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna talk to it? It talks back. Will you type in a question? And then and it tells you the answer. Oh yeah, okay, so and you can like keep going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so I can just have a conversation with the computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what do I need a man for?
Speaker 3: Did y?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, yes? Why do I need a man in my life? If I want to have chat ChiPT? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it says, yes, I talked to AI now and I know you do too.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently I'm going to start. I'm gonna start today. T ain't twenty five as wild. Now.
Speaker 2: We somehow got into a whole thing about tariffs, and I said, explain it to me in real Housewives of Potomac terms. I know that's right, baby, When I tell you it said, a tariff is like when Karen Huger throws a party and she starts slapping local taxes on Wendy's candles.
Speaker 1: Shade and taxes. I screamed, Okay, that is all that is, yo, Chat GPT is everything everything Like that's insane. Okay, I'm just don't care random stuff you can ask chat chat chat cheep. Okay, So our next episode we're gonna be talking to chat cheept okay, GPT, yeah, GEPT Okay, we'll just We'll just ask you a question and see what random question. Yeah, we have to set that up though, yes, but so okay, So thank you Sam A.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm very intrigued and I'm gonna get I'm gonna get to chatting. I don't know what I'm what we're talking about, but I'm gonna get to chatting.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Not just said Karen is is throwing shade at Wendy's candles of the Texas.
Speaker 1: How Larry is like how did it get there? That is so yes, crazy, funny. Okay, this is a question from Danny. Danny says, hello, just all Robin, greetings from Taiwan, Taiwan. Yes, like Vietnam. Is that women? And where's Taiwan? It's in Asia, not women? Women? Okay, let's ask chat GPT Wait, so okay, where is Taiwan? I'm not asking ch Oh, you're not okay. It's a country. It's an island in East Asia, specifically located in the Western Pacific Ocean off the coast of southeast southeastern China. Is situated between East China see and South China's okay, okay, so Vietnam has nothing to do with this. It's officially the Republic of China. What Okay, it's part of China. Okay. So, so Taiwan listens to recently shady Yeah, hey, hey, I'm here for this right Okay, I love it. I love okay, and now we know where it is. I don't even know if it's which country runs Taiwan. Yes, the People's Republic of China. Okay, okay, it's a property of China. Yes, and now and now we know where it is. Yeah, yeah, I love that. We'll have to go. Sorry Danny that we're so ignorant, but we appreciate you for listening from Taiwan.
Speaker 2: Side note on Love Hotel, there was a guy from Rhode Island and I didn't know where that was.
Speaker 1: So like, no clue. Well, I know it's up.
Speaker 2: There, yeah right, So I didn't. I don't know anything. I don't know the exact the layout. Yeah, like outside of Connecticut. So I know how to get all the way up to Connecticut. Uh huh, I'm done. Okay, So I don't know Maine is up there, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont is in that order.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just know they're up there. I think may might be at the top. Maybe Maye is not at the top because we drove it's not. Yeah, I don't think so. Actually listening, I don't know anything above.
Speaker 2: I think Vermont is that mass Sorry guys, Yeah, tot know the order? Yeah, yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: But then how is Toronto? How is Ontario? Maybe it's just the way New York is shaped. You drive through New York to get to Ontario. To Canada, list Quebec and then there's Ontario. Quebec is on the west coast? Or father, can you read the next thing?
Speaker 2: Because we're making ourselves look real dumb, we are, okay, all right, Danny, He says.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge fan of the podcast, always listening while driving. My husband actually introduced me to the Real Housewives franchise, and rhop quickly became my absolute favorite. You two are also my number one housewives. Yay. Hey, I love the fund shade, the real life stories and the laughs you bring. Thank you for sharing your joy with us every week. Okay, So I have a little question about my husband that I love your opinion on. Okay, We've been married for almost six years now, and he's been living in Taiwan for over seven years. However, he's still not fluent in Mandarin. I totally understand Mandarin can be a tough language to learn, especially with all of the tones. I'll admit I always speak English to him, help him do the translation. And Taiwan is a pretty English friendly place, which makes things even is easier for him. What's the beef? So we will? And then he says, will Jaselle consider stopping by Taiwan when traveling to Japan? Is it close? I wonder if it's close? I think it is. It must be. Well, no, what, you're over there? You're over there?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Right, okay, all right, yes, tell him I'm stopping by okay, yeah, yes. So he always says he's too afraid of messing up the tones to practice more. But honestly, sometimes feels like I sometimes feel like he's just a little too spoiled by me and the environment, and maybe that's why he hasn't pushed himself harder to learn. So what do you think? Is he being reasonable or is he being a little bit shady? Can't wait to hear your thought. I think what's well? Who wrote that? Danny? I think Danny's being shady. I think Danny's being unrealistic.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Well, because it's one thing, if I'm in a country and they don't speak English, right, then I'm forced to learn the language.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But if Danny is speaking English and everybody else around is speaking English, why am I learning man the hardest language to learn right outside of like Latin, right, Like, No, yeah, that's the part.
Speaker 1: It's like, I know, this is a really hard language to learn, and then you have the issue with the different tones and all that. So I think danny're being a little unrealistic to think, especially an adults, and it's harder for an adult to learn a new language than like a child. They say children can learn quick. New language is a lot quicker. So I think once you're an adult and you're like used to speaking English and you have English all around you, I think it's probably super hard for him to learn Mandarin. Now, if that's something that's important to you, Danny, then maybe it's a conversation and maybe you just do a little bit of like what's those like language programs Rosetta Stone, Yeah, like a little Rosetta Stone here and there, and maybe you do a little practicing. But I don't think you can expect him to just like, No, I don't think you should expect him to take the initiative to learn the language. No, well, if you're making it comfortable for him, like why do I need to learn? Right?
Speaker 2: And but and I don't think it even speaks to because I'm sure Danny's like, well, you don't care, you won't learn it, don't. I don't think it's that right, I think he the guy does care. Seven years is a long time. You haven't picked up nothing, I know.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing. So I'm like, maybe make this like a fun thing, yeah, games, like make it a sex game.
Speaker 2: Yes, there, you tell me all the body parts you want me to suck?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Yes? Yeah, So no, I don't think he's being shady, not being shady. Danny might be a little unrealistic. But I also think y'all can find a happy medium where yeah, he tries to learn a little bit here and there, but don't expect him to like be fluent. No. And I can just imagine writing it, right, yeah, is it the symbols? I believe?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, that's impressive right yeah. Okay, And from what I understand, Mandarin is a language that if you're really not using it all the time, you're going to lose it. There's a guy that I know, actually it's a friend's son who speaks Mandarin, and but he constantly has to take Mandarin class, okay to make sure he stays up on it. Yeah, yeah, because he's not He works in New York. He's not speaking Mandarin.
Speaker 1: Like where are you speaking him? Yes, he's going to like Chinatown or something. Do they speak it there? I would think so, Like, I mean if he's intentional, so say you go to a Chinese restaurant work there, yeah, or speaking Mandarin and he's that's his the opportunity to just speak it, knock it out. Speaking of restaurants in New York, have you been a Carbone? No? Geez sah?
Speaker 2: So I was in New York. Yeah with Portia. We did watch What Happens Live, and I think.
Speaker 1: I had been a carbone. I had not been in years.
Speaker 2: I can't to the point where it's like I really couldn't remember the experience. So we of course went out afterwards. And it's so funny because we and port were talking to Angie. They probably didn't show this, and he was like, are y'all going out afterwards? Because me and Porscha Boss had on our little booty dresses and everything, and we were like, yeah, we're going out, and so he was so we told him where and he was like, yeah, the two of y'all gonna walk into Carbone and we were like yeah, Angie, and.
Speaker 1: Then I said, Annie, you want to come, and he was like okay.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, oh, no, never mind, because then you're going to attract gay attention.
Speaker 1: We want straight men coming to the table. We do not write any men that don't want us.
Speaker 2: So he was like I get invited and rejected in the same sentence.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, anyway, we had a beautiful time. But like the food there is sick but you kid, I don't feel like I don't remember, so the Rigatoni is on another level.
Speaker 2: The meatballs, which I don't really eat meatballs, but I'm like craving them a lot more. I got lobster froy diabolo, which was fantastic. Course you got some some sort of steaks. Situation great. My food, I mean my fork was all on her plate. Erica came with us, she got some chicken something. Everything was fanlt like I want to go back. So Carbone and everybody that raps about Carbone that drake yes, yes, yes, lived.
Speaker 1: Up to it.
Speaker 2: And then there was like rappers ish coming in there were there was a woman that.
Speaker 1: Was like an actress.
Speaker 2: I don't can't remember, I don't know who she is, but I know she's an actress.
Speaker 1: She was like waving to me. Okay, I felt it very important, okay, spot all right, yeah, carbon So hey, guys, when y'all know that Shelle's in New York, hang out at Carbone. Okay, Well, but it's hard to get a reservation. Yeah, so yeah, I think we had to pull some tricks.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, like a lot of those restaurants that have that reputation. Yeah, the food isn't good, right, it's all right, Carbonus good yes, okay. So Billy Barry says, good morning, ladies. So, for whatever reason, I just realized I never finished episode one.
Speaker 1: Sixty eight, Robin, what episode is this?
Speaker 2: We have no idea what a number of episodes match up to whatever?
Speaker 1: Okay, he says.
Speaker 2: I was driving to work this morning while you were talking about B, and it reminded me, what's what's B?
Speaker 1: Beyonce?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and it reminded me when she came through for the Renaissance Okay, yeah, we were talking about Beyonce and he reminded me when she came through for the Renaissance World tour.
Speaker 1: My husband and I had to go. She asked us to wear silver, so I showed up in my silver sequence tank top, blank jeans. Just to interrupt. I believe this is one eighty no way, okay, one okay? So so twelve episodes ago, we have no idea what we were talking about. No club, yes, but let's let's go. Let's keep it going, okay.
Speaker 2: So she asked us to wear silver, so I showed up with my silver sequince tank top, black jeans, high heeled, black combat boots, and black for door.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we need a picture. Why don't you put a picture? You better work that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I went all out with a smoky eye, silver glitter lashes, and liner.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: I thought I was it. Billy, I'm gonna tell you you were it. Okay, So, yes, you were it. And by the way, her tour started by now oh okay, her tour started on April twenty eighth. Okay, so so beyond. But Beyonce hasn't told us what to wear yet? Right exactly? So when is she gonna let us know? Because I got to yeah.
Speaker 2: Amazon together, right, because they can be come from Amazon, because I'll wear it that one day.
Speaker 1: Okay, mind you.
Speaker 2: I was a forty three year old gay, white man at the time and my husband we at the time. At the time, my husband and now he's not at the time, he's still gay and white. Who's black? He said, he's with his husband who's black. FYI took one look at me and said, you sure want to wear you? Are you sure you want to wear those shoes? And I was like, baby, I got this, mind you. The shoes, remember, were high heel, black collar. I don't even know they make that, right, high heel black collar.
Speaker 1: Hell, listen, Billy, you were doing it. Okay, Well we get there in the venue. It's miles from the parking lot.
Speaker 2: I barely made it. By the end of the night. My lashes were hanging on for deal life. My makeup had melted, and I looked.
Speaker 1: Like a total hot mess. I believe it. But it was worth every second.
Speaker 2: That's it, right, yes, Billy, Because I can envision this was so descriptive.
Speaker 1: I can envision all of that yes, it's traumatic for him. That was like he knew he was doing the damn thing. And then by the end of the night he was like, he was like, get me out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we have to pace ourselves with the cowboy Carter tol Yes, like like we learned our lessons with the Renaissance. So no heels, no heels, you can rock your lash. It's just make sure you have extra glue and if you gonna beat your face, make sure you spray it down with like to fix it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, and then you're good and then you're good to go. But I think we're all wearing hats, right, cowboy hats. I hope. Well, first of all, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because Ashley just said to me the other she was like, I'm not going, and I was like why.
Speaker 1: She said, because I've got to be I say, too much of my money, the same.
Speaker 3: Thing you said.
Speaker 1: It's not even but for you know, it's not even about well, first of all, her tickets are too high. It's not even about the money. It's just like, I don't I've seen it. How many times seen it? You have seen this? I see it. I won't it so I made change my mind. Once I see all of the stuff on Instagram, once I see the videos, the pictures, I may change my mind. Shockingly, my hairstyle is Shirley, who is like the number one Beyonce fan.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, it doesn't want to go no way, Tina said. Tina's looked at the rehearsal. She said, it's fantasy.
Speaker 1: Of course Tina's going to say that. Why because that's her daughter, her daughter, of course, you know blue showing up. Oh yeah, that's her granddaughter of course. Yes, of course. You think she's gonna give jay Z a spot just to do something. Jay Z don't want that. YEA don't want to do that. Yeah, he ain't got to tip of that. I oh no, I mean, hey, you can always pop out. That'd be fun. That'd be a cute little pop out. Oh wait a minute. Did we talk about the carry Hilson. Yeah, we talked about carry about her like apologizing or something.
Speaker 2: Well, she gave the full story of what happened with see I don't even okay, so supposed to carry Hilson did a disc song to Beyonce right years ago, twenty years ago, thirty years ago, and it single handedly destroyed her career, right, And.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't know there was a this song, but I knew that there was some sort of dis lyric between her and being this is the thing. What's the song?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't I've never have we heard this song?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. Is it subliminal?
Speaker 2: Because the song that is huge, I think for Carrie Hilson is.
Speaker 1: My name is Carrie and I'm so fairy. The other one is turning you on? Something about turning you on? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I heard the first one recently and I was like listening, like, this has got to be it. She's got to just Beyonce somewhere and here and there was nothing, so all right, well let's look it up.
Speaker 1: Okay. So but I don't know as you looked that up, she I think she was doing an interview with was he Charlemagne?
Speaker 2: It was Charlemage or Cam By the way, Cam's about to make a whole lot of money, won Cam Newton on what because the Shay Club is about to be shut down?
Speaker 1: So okay, So it was her turning me on? Remix Okay, released in two thousand and nine, included lyrics that were widely interpreted as a disc towards Beyonce, particularly referencing referencing her song Irreplaceable. H Hilson has since dated she was forced to sing those lyrics and that they were not her own words. Yes, so she goes. So, she describes that day like she she was very young.
Speaker 2: She this beginning of her career. She got to the studio and they and she, oh.
Speaker 1: She wrote the lyrics. Okay, here's the lyric writing. Okay, go. The remix featured lyrics like your vision cloudy, if you think you're you're the best, you can dance, she could sing, but need to move it to the left now Irreplaceable is to the left, to the left. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So Carrie goes on to say like, I've never felt like I could say this. But when she got there, they had written the lyrics for her and this the girl that wrote the lyrics was like, yeah, I did it, and Polo, who's the who was the producer, was like, this is what you're gonna do and she was like no.
Speaker 1: She just started crying.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: She was like she didn't want to do it, but they were forcing her, not forcing her, but they were like pushing it on her, pushing it on her, and she was too young and too new to say no, right, and I and she she was kind of crying talking about it to this day, and I felt like.
Speaker 1: And didn't she used to write songs for Beyonce. She was a writer, and I think some she has written songs for Beyonce or for Destiny Show or whomever. But why would that destroy her career?
Speaker 2: Because like every because it was this whole her against Beyonce thing, and I think mentally and emotionally it took her out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, gosh, imagine if that was today, in the day of social media, Like, yeah, oh my gosh. I kind of I felt when when she was telling the story, I was like, you know what, it'd be great if they work together like today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, So hopefully that'll happen. Oh that's unfortunate because Cherry Hilson is actually like a very smart girl, like yeah, and when you hear her talk, she it's not just about just her being a singer or whatever, Like, she has a lot to offer. So that's that's unfortunate. Yeah, she did talk about dating athletes. Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: What did she say, because she dated Serge Ibaka at one point. He's a basketball player who was fine, yes, very fine. That thing looks good yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, big chocolate yes, and he has an accent and everything.
Speaker 1: Geezy accents make everyone sound smart.
Speaker 2: No, they make him sound sexy, right, yes, not necessarily smart all accents.
Speaker 1: I mean men men with accents. Yeah. Yeah, it sounds like please take your clothes off, right, Yeah, but it makes it sound smart too, and sophisticated. And they can be saying like, definitely sophisticated, the most like ratchet thing, but they sounds sophisticated. Yeah. She did say that. They say about dating athletes that they are I might be able to relate. Yeah, I'm thinking you can't.
Speaker 3: That they are.
Speaker 2: They're not emotionally mature to love because or to know how to love. Because when you know those those growing up years, everything is given to them, everything is provided for them.
Speaker 1: They don't have to give.
Speaker 2: They're just receiving and receiving and receiving. So in order for them later in life to switch and learn the skill set to love, it's extremely difficult and it really doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: And it's and it's hard. Like once the sport is over. It's then they're dealing with like the mental just challenge of of like okay, I'm no longer playing, like who the hell am I really? So it's so funny. The other day I was helping Corey. So Corey has back pain, so he's been doing like e T and all types of stuff. And I'm so we were at night, we were here at night, and I'm wrapping him in ice, putting ice on his back and wrapping it around, and I'm thinking to myself and I'm like, this said it all out, like this is I'm like, you're being catered to. I'm catering to you. And this is how I'm since the beginning of it. This is how it starts. Totally, but it is. It's crazy. And it's not even like it's like it's not for a bad reason. It's like, Okay, he's injured. We got to nurse him back to house because in a couple of days he's traveling and going to play basketball and blah blah blah. Right, and so I'm like, Okay, you gotta you gotta ice, we gotta put your heat on after you. You gotta make sure you're eating. You need your protein you need to like.
Speaker 2: It's like and it's just like and it's constant and he's aware of it, right and so and he's.
Speaker 1: And he's leaning into it instead of.
Speaker 2: Like and I'm no shade to Corey, but that's just the nature of the beast because he has to right and everything is focused towards him being the best player he can be right, which is fine, But then what does that mean years later for as a relation to a relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And it's definitely a thing. It's definitely a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think as parents, it's it's our kind of duty to try to like prevent that from happening as much as possible, you know. So when they're like, oh, I'm hungry, I want a sandwich, I'm like, okay, go make yourself a sandwich. Yeah, get it yourself. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When she broke it down, because I that had never crossed my mind because I've dealt with plenty of athletes to you, But once she broke it down, I was like, that's the missing piece that I didn't know when I was in that relationship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh that's it. Yeah, yeah, Oh, they're not really case it's a huge thing. It could. Like I said, it starts when they're young, it's and it just keeps going, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger, especially if they play on a professional level, because you've got you know, every person in the world works for that organization to make sure you have what you need. And then you hire a management company or you know, your agent, and they have people who are making sure you have what you need. You have, they're paying your bills, they're you know, they're making sure you're eating all of it. It's I didn't know Carrie Hilson was dating that guy. Yeah, they dated for a little bit. They were like it was, it was known. It was okay, they were together together. They were together. I just want to date them for the night, I know. Yeah, Yeah, moving.
Speaker 2: On, Okay, we got we have one more. This is from Mancha Mansa mesa Masa's spelled different. It's spelled differently Mesa mesa, masa masa.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna say masa. Hijazell and Robin.
Speaker 2: I love this show, and honestly, I look forward to boring car rides or washing dishes because I know I'll be listening to y'all, and you make every mundane moment so fun and entertaining.
Speaker 1: So thank you.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you both if you could share a bit about your experience during the early years of motherhood kids zero to five. I'm currently postpartum with a nine month old and have five and have a five year old son, and life can be challenging and draining. I have heard it takes a village to raise a child. I've not always experienced this, unfortunately in your experience, how was it for y'all? Giselle, how did you handle three toddlers? Did you have a nanny?
Speaker 1: Did you have help? On a Robin you shared Wan was not always present those days? How did she do it? How'd you do it? Robin?
Speaker 2: By the way, my husband's name is Wan. Thanks so much for reading, for reading my question and sharing. Love you both. You need to spin off just for the two of you on Bravo. Okay, let's we're gonna work on that MESA. Food's from Toronto, Toronto, and we won't to apologize right now for not knowing.
Speaker 1: Exactly where Toronto is. I know where it is? Where is it? I know I'm not been there a million times? Where is I mean it's like the most it's like southeast Toronto. It's like an hour from New York. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's in Ontario, which is where like southeastern portion of Canada, which is locate did to where southeast Canada? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: It's Canada above the United States or society United States?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute? Okay, so wait, Canada's north I know that of the United States. I knew that. Yes, so, but it's closer to east coast Toronto. Yes, yeah, that's why I say it's southeast. Okay, so like Toronto is actually close to the United States because it's the southern portion of Canada. I was just seen. If you knew and the exactly the eastern portion of Canada, you can actually we actually because we were in Toronto. One played for the Raptors and was traded to Detroit Pistons and we drove like it was I can't remember how long the drive was. It wasn't that long. We drove from Toronto to Detroit and it wasn't like super long. Okay, Yeah, just packed up the car and said we're out of here. Well not kind of, not really okay, but okay, raising kids. Oh you're raising kids, that's the question. Yes, it's hard as shit, yes, yes, so masa mesa. If you are struggling, this is normal. Yeah, okay, we all are all did yes, but it's temporary. You're going to get through it. I had a nanny come when they were like up until they were about eight fifteen months or so. I had a nanny come like three days a week. Eventually, when they got to be about like fifteen months, I put them in a school like a daycare. Yeah, and that was the best thing ever because it gave you time. Yeah. It's just when the nanny and the people are in your house and the kids in your house, they still want you, like the kids. If you're in the house, it doesn't matter who's there to help, the kids still want you. Yeah. So I think once you kids get of an age where you're comfortable sending them to like a school or a daycare, like do it, get to it out of the house.
Speaker 2: And plus they need a little interaction social ye. Social they socially they need interaction, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: And then the phrase like it takes a village. It's not just about you know, Okay, I have like my my, my mother, or you know, ones like brother We had, like you know, a bunch of like brothers and uncles and cousins and stuff that would help my my son's stuff. But it's also like putting them in activities, like that's part of the village too. So if you don't have family that's there that can help you, like put them in activities where whether I don't know, if you have a girl or boy, whether it's dance, or it's baseball or soccer like those some of those people become your village, are a part of the village that it takes to raise a child totally.
Speaker 2: And even with the schools I remember, you know, my kids went to a very small elementary school and those moms there, they were part of my village. They ain't know it, but it's part of my They was like all was looking out for my kids once once we started filming the show, they would always someone would just take my kids home, pick them up. Like I knew I was running late. They would check in with me like they there was there's like three women, three moms. I'm not going to shout them out, but they completely saved my life with regards to my kids they were, I would like call them in a clutch and they would be there for me. But when mine were babies, because I had three, I had a full time nanny. She would come at six am and she would leave at six pm.
Speaker 1: And that's a long day. That's a long day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was getting paid well, so, but I needed an extra set of hands. There was three of them, three and then, like Robins said, once Grace was able to like go to like a little daycare or whatever I sent her, she ain't like it, but she's all right, right, she made it.
Speaker 1: She made it through.
Speaker 2: And then once all three of them could go, Yeah, that's that was like the ticket because I needed a break. Yes, like a break is you got to you gotta take a break to rejuvenate yourself, right, Because once my kids would see me, it was like NonStop every minute, like there was no minute that I had free hold on until they went to bed. No, yes, so but I enjoyed it though, I mean it was it was exhausting to no end.
Speaker 1: But like you know, once it's over, it's over. Yeah, exactly, it's over. And so for you, I know you're struggling or anyone out out here, that's like really in the woods, in the thick of it, it's gonna it feels like it's not going to go fast, but it's going to go by so fast. And you're gonna look back at those times and be like, Whooo, how did I do it? Don't know, but I did it. But you did it. You're gonna do it, so don't. But don't be afraid to lean on people, even whether it's your neighbors or like I said, activities, put them in activities, put them in school. Yeah. Just and don't be afraid to be like this shit is hard, like oh, yeah, you know, it's fine. It's totally hard.
Speaker 2: And it would annoy when like moms with like five kids that act like they were doing that shit with their ass closed. Right.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're just trying to make everybody else look bad. Like no. So yeah, and do it your way. I always say, like, you know, do what's comfortable for you. Do it your way.
Speaker 2: Nobody can tell you that your way is not the right way, but I might judge you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're out of here. Guys. We love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: To ever forget to live your life either reasonable or chuggy We're both by Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.