Speaker 1: I See's Daily Game. It's a production of iHeartRadio. What's up to SiZ See? You're listening to the Daily Game, the compilation of motivational quotes I've collected over the years that I've found inspiring and helped me through the game of life. Today's quote comes from one of the og knowledge droppers, Shakespeare, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language. His thirty nine plays have been translated into every major language and are still quoted around the world today, even though they were written into fifteen and sixteen hundreds. This is one of its lesser known quotes that still has all the gems. Expectation is the root of heartache. The bottom line of that is, if you have unrealistic expectations or expectations or situations that aren't in your control, you're going to be disappointed pretty close one hundred percent at the time.
Speaker 2: Have humble expectations.
Speaker 1: Always do worst case scenarios, like if I'm trying to sell something. Say I'm trying to sell a shirt and yeah, I got ten thousand people out there, that fuck wouldn't be But I'm gonna go for the worst case scenarios, like even if we only sell out of ten thousand, can we move five hundred? And that's a low percentage. But with that you created something that you can hit. And when you add that up, if you say, okay, ten down, that's be five thousand bucks. Then anything above that will be a victory. If you set your expectations really high, you got ten thousand people, we're gonna sell five thousand, You're pretty much gonna be let down. Sometimes it's better to underpromise and overproduce. Don't set people's expectations so so high, because you're setting yourself up for failure unless you're a con artist. Now, con artists will always come in set high expectations, try to get a mon grab out of you. That's why when I meet with people and they have these incredible expectations for whatever deal they're talking to me about. If the expectation is too high, I know they're lying. I know they're full of shit. Certain things in business that doesn't happen. Whenever somebody says it's going to be easy, I know they're lying because I have not figured out an easy way to get When they come back with, yeah, we're going to do this, and the numbers are just too high.
Speaker 2: That's bullshit, or they're delusional.
Speaker 1: So learn to set low expectations, and that way you can actually always head your bet to where you can win. Because you're saying, you know what, even if we only do this, we're still going to make a profit. Then if you manage to out do your expectations, well, god damn it, you want you're happy. You have a reason to pop that champagne bottle because you push past it. But Shakespeare said, it's the root of all heartache. That's cold shake no man, you know, expecting too much out of somebody, they will always let you down.
Speaker 2: Just go for the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: Hey, And you'll hear a lot of business people say, well, even if this happens, a low, low estimate will win. Now you're talking. Now, we gotta understanding. The bottom line is that you have to set goals, but set obtainable goals.
Speaker 2: That way you get wins.
Speaker 1: Like even if you're trying to lose weight, don't think I gotta lose two hundred pounds one hundred pounds. I gotta lose five pounds. Okay, you lose five pounds, that's a win. Okay, Now I gotta go for ten fifteen. Get that that's a win, and those wins will keep you motivated. But if you say I gotta lose fifty pounds and you don't lose it the first week or month or whatever you're trying to do, you're gonna give up. So set obtainable goals and you'll move forward.
Speaker 2: Don't expect too much.
Speaker 1: Shakespeare's fucking right the root of heartache, and I'm guilty of that. I went through a lot of over expecting things and got my heart broke early. Now I don't expect that much. This has been another ice cold fact from me iced tea. Listening again tomorrow when I drop some wisdom on your ass till then, stay safe, stay smart, and stay knowing that expectation will only make you unhappy.
Speaker 2: I sees Daily Game.
Speaker 1: It's a production of iHeartRadio, Final Level Entertainment and Oddity, an Asylum entertainment company. The show's executive producer is Noel Brown. Supervising producer is Jordan run Talk. If you like what you heard, please subscribe and leave us a review. For more podcasts on iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Not every quote in this podc CAZ was created by me. Each quote has been researched to find its origin and give proper credit to its creator.