Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby the Bone.
Speaker 1: Hope all us had a great weekend. Let's check in on weekends. Let's go to Amy first. What you do?
Speaker 3: Hmmm?
Speaker 4: My kids came home. They were on fall break, so they went to the beach with their dad.
Speaker 1: Had a lot of stuff that couldn't get done last week because a fall break.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well, like adults too, because like normal.
Speaker 6: Take then the adults can get all that.
Speaker 1: We can't get this contract done for something because of fall break, and I'm like for a contract anyway. Yeah, I didn't know that was the thing. I knew it for kids it was, but I didn't know like adults.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I guess if you can work remotely, which yeah I don't know. I guess, or you take off, but like I can't. In our divorce every fall break, he has them, because I would.
Speaker 5: I don't negotiated that dealt you get spring break.
Speaker 7: Well, so here's the thing with our job. I don't. I don't have fall break or spring break.
Speaker 5: Oh we will when Bobby has kids. We will.
Speaker 7: He has them though, they'll sit it here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's your fall break.
Speaker 1: During the break, you can go run around the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I just yeah, I had them and we had like game night, movie night, pizza night.
Speaker 1: We only have certain weeks we can take off though it has nothing to do with me, right, I know, Eddie, I made a bad Joe and I would just like to come and say, we can only take off a week at a time.
Speaker 5: Oh, we'll figure it out in summer, right.
Speaker 1: Or in like starting December third or fourth up until January.
Speaker 7: And Ben was I mean he fridays that he.
Speaker 1: Gets off because we don't work on some Fridays, and he's all like, breat.
Speaker 6: But like we take like we take our second vacation. We take it when school starts every year. And I'm like, that's fine for me. I get to do something. I get to sit around do nothing. But like my kids are back in school, I think Amy's are too and boxes there.
Speaker 1: I'm actually doing a that's a benefit to you.
Speaker 5: Oh by giving me the time to go play golf by myself, exactly, My.
Speaker 6: Staycation is for you. I mean, actually do I really do enjoy it. But my wife's always just.
Speaker 5: Like you're taking your second vacation when the kids are back in school.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to be a hater, but I hate you for saying that.
Speaker 4: All right, what else that I mean, that's mostly what I did. Yeah, I hiked as beautiful weather.
Speaker 1: It was good weather. My wife yesterday was like, don't you want to go outside?
Speaker 5: The weather's great.
Speaker 1: I was like, I, well, the weather being weather being great does not make me want to go outside.
Speaker 7: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 1: I want to go outside. And then if the weather's great, it's a bonus. But if the weather's real bad, then I don't. But I never just a'm like, it's so nice, I need to go outside, probably because my allergies are so bad. Just in general, I never think, hmmm, a lot of allergies out there, let me attack it. So that usually and then I gotta go through a process. I gotta go no spray, no spray, A couple of pills. Let's pills set in before I do my notes, but I gotta do the mejid. Yeah, if I lose my voice because allergens are so bad, it sucks. Here.
Speaker 7: This is what you have.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know that they're bad, but this sounds like it's a whole thing. So you don't want to go outside.
Speaker 5: And there's football on TV.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like to Caitlin, you're having to be like if I lose my voice.
Speaker 1: Because I would have. We thought we talked about taking the dogs for a walk, and then I was like, I don't want to do it because that's.
Speaker 5: A nice day.
Speaker 7: You don't have sunshine guilt, m m min or like good weather guilt.
Speaker 1: You mean like not taking advantage of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if you're inside and you know it's amazing out, you feel a little guilty like I should be out there.
Speaker 1: No, I feel guilty if I buy something frivolous and don't donate that exact amount of money to something non frivolous.
Speaker 8: Really, yeah, I don't have that going on.
Speaker 5: I don't have that one either.
Speaker 1: That's what I do now for the most part. If I buy like an expensive box of cards or something, I will just that's my guilt. Not to celebrate me.
Speaker 7: You have a lot of cards.
Speaker 1: But that's where that's that's where it sets in on me. If I'm like buying stupid stuff, it doesn't It could be shoes. But if I don't. At this stage of my life, I feel like it's very, very, very very selfish, although I have worked very hard for it. But that's my guilt, so I know it. Sunshine guilt, donation guilt, not even donation or like that term buying stupid stuff. That's not a good term either. Anyway, you get what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have nap guilt.
Speaker 1: What's that tell me?
Speaker 8: More?
Speaker 2: It's like, if the kids go nap and then I don't nap, I might think I should napped.
Speaker 8: Have nap guilt? Is that guilt or regret both?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think maybe it's regret more.
Speaker 2: Than it's like I'll watch them on TV. That's not even worth watching. I'm like, man, nap gilt, should.
Speaker 8: Take a nap?
Speaker 5: I have couch guilt.
Speaker 1: I think you guys have regret. I think you're mixing up regret and guilt. I think he regrets not taking a nap when the kids did, but there's nothing that he's like, I feel guilty about it because of a certain reason, like it may not happen again. Amy's like, may not be signing to or I've billed I didn't take advantage.
Speaker 8: Well I won't be.
Speaker 2: It's regret guilt because it may not happen again. I mean the next day, I may not get a nap, okay, Eddie.
Speaker 1: We's couch guilt.
Speaker 6: No, just being on the couch all day and even like my kids are like, dad, let's play this game, and I'm all right, bring it to.
Speaker 5: The couch, and like they'll bring the game.
Speaker 1: Where's the guilt come in?
Speaker 5: Like I should get up and to other things?
Speaker 1: You feel guilty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I can accept couch guilt because you could have missed out on things. Right, he has regret? Yours is also stupid. Mine's stupid to Amy's is the only valid one.
Speaker 6: The sunshine guilt, Yeah, no, because it's sunny almost like every day.
Speaker 7: No it's good.
Speaker 1: No, no, not here because it's hot for something.
Speaker 7: And seventy five guilt.
Speaker 1: We'll call that Nichols gilt.
Speaker 6: Right, okay, around the room, Eddie. Your weekend it was good. It started off great. We went to Memphis, took my mom. My mom was is in town. She's in town for three weeks, which is pretty awesome.
Speaker 8: Went to Memphis.
Speaker 6: No, I'm telling you, Memphis gets a bad like a lot of Memphis.
Speaker 1: But but the last two times I've stayed the night of Memphis, that wasn't me doing an event like a Saint Jude event. My car's been broken into really both times and both in an Olive gardens. I'm not sure if it's a Memphis and it's probably that part. I think it's both Memphis and no two different ones. What two different ones? Anyway, Memphis is tough if you're not in a good spot.
Speaker 6: Well, like Memphis is beautiful, like they've kept it old, you know, which is awesome to me. Like I love when stuff is like old the way it used to be. They're not tearing buildings down, they're keeping them the way they are. Like we went to the Mississippi River. It looks like Mark.
Speaker 5: Twain's about to go buy it any second?
Speaker 1: Is it because they haven't updated it, upgraded it.
Speaker 5: It's all the same.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: There are parts of Memphis I really like and can really appreciate history, culture, the music part. But yeah, it's some parts of Memphis is it's tough.
Speaker 2: Wallet Hub just did a study in named Memphis the most dangerous city to live in in America.
Speaker 1: I didn't get robbed specific parts Olive Garden.
Speaker 5: No, I did not go to all.
Speaker 2: Did you go to that park down there that they read on the MISSISSIPI like Roberts Park Park.
Speaker 5: No, didn't go to rob.
Speaker 8: They redid a park right there on the riverfront. That was real nice. But besides that, there ain't nothing there.
Speaker 5: No, like that big pyramid. That's the best pro shop. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we as the bus. Don't get off the trolley right there.
Speaker 1: We used to go to wrestling there as a kid.
Speaker 5: They had wrestling in the well.
Speaker 1: It used to be like an arena eventcent Arena wrestling. It's South wrestling there and now it's just a Beast Pro shop. Now bast Pro bought it.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Memphis Pyramid was a big deal.
Speaker 5: Pyramid. I went to see the Grizzly the basketball team play the Grizzlies. That was awesome.
Speaker 1: Why did you go to Memphis? Like what was the actual reason?
Speaker 5: Just to get my mom out of the house and go do something.
Speaker 1: And you decided Memphis better than like Chattanooga or like.
Speaker 5: Well she likes basketball, or so you went to go to Grizzlies. That was kind of the main thing.
Speaker 6: And then we went to the Zoo after that Hawks. I told her too, we can go to Atlanta. Yeah, we want good that'd be awesome, and then that was cool. But then the Cowboys like got destroyed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was that was that was so bad though, that you can't even affected by it.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you because I watched all of DS in my money on the game. It was so bad and so ugly. You just gotta, as they say, bury the football and move on, because if it were a close game, you could be sick about it. But it was so bad.
Speaker 8: It was over from the jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, you're not even that bad in her life that everything went wrong.
Speaker 5: Move on with life, So we're not that bad.
Speaker 1: No, I would rather just move on with life. If we get beat seventy to six Arkansas. It's a terrible game. I'm like, we're actually not that bad. A couple bad things happened early. We tried to prey, move on, Move on.
Speaker 5: That was a hard one.
Speaker 1: It was a hard one from But that's not one you should beat yourself up over because it wasn't reality unless you better hope it's lot.
Speaker 6: I bet I bet on it and I lost a lot, but whatever, Yeah, that's hard to get through.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: How was a grizzly game. How's your mom after my mom bad died.
Speaker 6: My mom is good. She she is, she's good. She's dealt with stuff pretty well. But it's weird. Every night, like around I don't know, six thirty seven o'clock, she just gets sad this happened.
Speaker 5: Since all this has happened.
Speaker 1: Probably so used to having a partner right there. That's that's a that's a hard part of it.
Speaker 6: And she said, not mornings, not you know, afternoons, it's just this time right here, like every day she just gets set.
Speaker 1: How long is she's staying with you?
Speaker 5: She's staying for three weeks.
Speaker 1: How's how are the kids?
Speaker 5: They love it? I mean they love it. They love having her around.
Speaker 6: It's it's really cool to have her around because she's just easy going and so and she she cooked last night. Just awesome having mom's cooking in town. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: Do you have a room sheda's in or the kids move out? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she kicks out our sixteen year old and he's out of the room. Or does he go he's got on the couch.
Speaker 1: That's also probably pretty cool. Does he have a TV in his room room?
Speaker 5: Nope, but he has got a TV with the couch.
Speaker 1: I was saying, like there's a game in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally, that's cool.
Speaker 1: And so she's been here a week.
Speaker 5: She's been here for four days now.
Speaker 1: How was the greatest game?
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 6: It was a preseason game, but really good. I mean most of the starters played on both teams really so it was cool to see that. And is dirt cheap because preseason?
Speaker 1: So like that, let's watch your weekend. Uh.
Speaker 2: We decorated for Halloween, put some decorations on the out side of the house, getting ready, you know, skeletons and witches and.
Speaker 8: All that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Kids like that.
Speaker 8: They don't love it.
Speaker 2: I mean they were like, make sure we do it, and then five minutes in they're like running around not really paying attention, breaking half the decorations.
Speaker 8: But that's okay, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: Who cares? That is hard?
Speaker 6: Like you try to get the family all right, we're going to decorate, and then it ends up being you like three hours.
Speaker 1: You just want to see it decorated, then actually do the work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you want them to like chip in and help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where they don't want to because it's work.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 1: Neither I see that's what you guys did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we did. And we battled, you know, Battle of the bugs. I mean, everybody's getting sick, but you know it's just havn't.
Speaker 1: It's a game. You guys played Battle of the Bugs all.
Speaker 5: We're all going to get set casually brought it up Battle of the bugs.
Speaker 2: No, not me, them, like you.
Speaker 1: Bring in all the illnesses.
Speaker 7: So they passed it to each other, but not to you.
Speaker 1: He battled. He won the battle.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My one, my one kid, the middle one, he has an ear infection. He woke up in the middle of like crying, like tears coming out. My ear hurts, my ear heards. I'm like, great, you have an ear infection. So we went to the doctor. Ear infection.
Speaker 8: That's not contagious.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 2: The other one he had like a cough all week and then finally on Friday, I took him to the doctor and there they gave.
Speaker 8: Him one of them. Yeah, and that's supposed to help. And that's it.
Speaker 5: We battled the bug though.
Speaker 8: Those are the Yeah. They said it was like a virus that probably just got his you know, he.
Speaker 1: Made it sound like hungry, hungry hippos and now we're just kind of bored.
Speaker 8: But the ear, yeah, oh, the ear is not a.
Speaker 1: Bug unless it was brought on by he gets sick and then he gets caught in your ear. We hope they get better, but mostly we hope you don't bring it to us.
Speaker 8: I mean, but look at me, like a chip.
Speaker 7: He just cursed it.
Speaker 1: Like he brings in pink eye, all of it, you name it.
Speaker 8: I mean, my wife was coughing and stuff.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: How'd your weekend?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So I did something that I think you would.
Speaker 5: Are you going to try it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 9: I did something that you would really enjoy. I went and paintballed zombies.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So there's this like haunted place out in Columbia, Tennessee, where they have a Haunted woods and then they have a haunted hay ride and it's all set up apocalyptic and there's literal live people that are dressed in padded stuff and you get a paintball them every time they pop out.
Speaker 1: Are you in a truck back of a truck while you do it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, on like a hay barrel and you're sitting there and you're just shooting, and you can have as many canisters as you want.
Speaker 5: That sounds terrible for the zombie, like he just gets shut alled it. Okay, kids, they don't.
Speaker 8: Get to shoot. Oh the kids get to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all are you burying the headline?
Speaker 7: Oh what a date?
Speaker 8: Oh no, that one wasn't a date.
Speaker 7: That was a girls and I.
Speaker 8: We were shooting and then we did go in the Haunted Wood.
Speaker 7: But no, that one was not a date.
Speaker 5: You stories, you know, you never know.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, our Pimp and Joy stuff is up. We're gonna put it up. We have, I mean it's been up, but Bobby bones dot com. All the money from it. It goes to the Hurricane Helene and Milton and how they're you know, bouncing back. I did see that the Combs Church show sold out in like six or seven hours and that was like a football stadium awesome. So yeah, congratulations to those guys for doing that. But if you guys want to go, you'll see the Pimp and Joy shirts and the old school black Pimp and Joy hat and we brought that back. We haven't forever. And again we don't keep any of the money. Just go to Bobbybones dot com. It's been ten years that's crazy, crazy ten years. But yeah, if you go to that front page over there Bobby Bones dot com, you will see that. I'll tell you about my weekend. Let me take a breakway do a little mineral or back. So, oh yeah, I'm flying to Arkansas right after this. I'm going to accept the Arcans End of the Year award.
Speaker 5: Really yeah at noon. Wait, so this is your year, like you've got the whole year.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's a forward like you are. Now the Arcans end of the Year you get free rein for a year. I think they are. I think it's recognized backward.
Speaker 5: Oh so you were the arkansan of last year, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, and they've had like they've given it to like Sam Walton, Bill Clinton.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty significant, that's all. I'm super happy about it. So I'm gonna go today. After we finish here, I'm gonna fly over there. I'll be back later this evening. So we'll be here tomorrow, going to work out. Still, I don't think we'll be back in time. However, we are gonna we'll probably get back around three thirty. If you want to play pickle ball, yeah, I do want to play but he's gonna come over cool.
Speaker 5: And then that'll be our workout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lunch, function, play pickle ball probably not why sick.
Speaker 5: Bug battling bugs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, battling bugs. I don't want to bring.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll just text you and we get back and then because it will be a little too late to go work out with klug, but I'm gonna go do that today. I got to give speech.
Speaker 7: Do you know, do you have it written in practice?
Speaker 1: No, I don't have it written from the heart. Yeah, I'm it be a little different because it's it's like my people, like Arkansas people. It's not really like an industry award type thing, which is definitely different, which I did one of those last week. I'd talk about that in a minute. But I had a suit. I was going through suits yesterday. I hate trying on suits that I own because I feel like I put it on and I just hate myself because I'm like, oh, I don't wait, I can't fit the suit anymore. Although I have lost I'm not back to where I feel really good about myself yet, but I'm not. Also, I'm not hating myself. I say that as a joke. And I can't fit a suit, but I think I should taking that medicine. I've lost twice. I've lost twenty four pounds in but like five months.
Speaker 5: God, it's a lot of weight.
Speaker 1: I've been working hard, like like not even working hard because like the exercise only so much. But like discipline diet.
Speaker 5: That's tough. That's the hard part, very and.
Speaker 1: I only at certain times. And because to me, if I don't discipline my diet, I don't. I'll do little snacks all night and then I'm not, how am I? How have I not lost any weight? And it's like a cereal whole thing's a cracker whole thing of crackers. No, I have two, like two bowls of cereal a week, but it's also a healthy ish cereal. I need to make small alterations because if I do any sort of massive just stops, I'll fall off the wagon. But I like put on suits and I'm like, oh, this doesn't fit my wis It's like it's from like nine years ago, like and I like, that's a good point. But I found one yesterday that I liked that fit and it was just a little too She was like, why don't you find like a tanner brown suit? So I went and found on one. I was like, what about this? And it was a little too light, and I was like, I can't it's almost burnt orange. I can't wear it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: She was like, why does that matter? I'm like, burnt orange.
Speaker 5: You can't wear that in Arkansam.
Speaker 1: I can't wear it. No, she was like, it's not She goes it's kind of orangey, it's kind of brownish like a. I was like, it's so close to burnt orange. I can never walk into my home state even someone thinking, is that possibly not even burnt a warm orange? So I can't. For those that don't know, that's Texas and I love you people from Austin and I individually I love Texas fans, but as a group, I hate the long Horns. And mostly it's jealousy because they have more money than us, are bigger than us, and they beat us most of the time. That's why anybody hates any team. It's a respect thing, right, Like we hate Tennessee at Arkansas. It's because their overall record, even though we beat them four times in a row, their overall records better than us. And proximity is a big deal too, right. You don't only hate teams that are nine states away.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I try to explain that to people that they're like, well, you hate them. I'm like, well, you only hate teams you respect because you hate getting beat by them more than anything, because they've either beat you a lot or they're it's like losing to your cousin or brother. You have to hear it all the time, you know what I mean? So anybody, I hate the long Horns and I don't want to wear a burnt orange suit to the same today.
Speaker 7: Would you find.
Speaker 1: It's kind of dark green? I'm told blackish. I thought it was black, and my wife's like, no, it's kind of a dark grangch bag. She goes, it's good though. I like it, So I'm wearing that. So I have that in the car in a garment bag a ka a trash bag that I put a hanger through the top. It's awesome to do it and keep it real, man, That's why, of course I didn't wan anything to get on it. That's how we did it. We didn't even do garment bags. But then once I started to have to do garment bags in my career. Early, I was like, what a garment bag? So I just stick in the trash bag and rip the hanger to the top of it. So that's what's hanging up in the back of my car. Gonna go do that.
Speaker 7: It's not a scented trash bag.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it smells like gooding.
Speaker 1: Why would I not want that?
Speaker 7: Very powerful?
Speaker 1: I would smell great. It's one of those trash bags that smell good.
Speaker 7: Like the trash bags that smell good to me.
Speaker 5: It's also smell.
Speaker 1: Good because it's like that would be awesome. I went this weekend. I hosted the Marconi's which is a big radio award for It's like a national broadcast National Associat and a Badcast award, and last year Rich Eisen hosted it, and so they asked me to host it this year and I was like sure. So I went to New York. There's some good, there's some bad, and there's some I'm confused by you ready for them? Yeah? The good, I thought. Overall, I give my performance a B plus because I wrote some jokes, Mike wrote some jokes. We kind of went over them, you know, modified them for the event. I feel like, for the most part, jokes went pretty good. Not once I got there, though. I realized it wasn't the exact environment for a long set of jokes because as we were doing the award show, people were eating dinner. So I can't really do a long monologue. But what I can do is put jokes in different places, quick ones. So I thought, overall, I give myself a B plus, which is very high for me because I hate me, so yeah for me. I met Ricky Smiley, who was awesome famous comedian but also does a national radio show, and I'd done some jokes and he came back after he had won an award of presented an award, and he was like, and again he's been He's so famous as a stand up and he doesn't even live here. His face is painted on the comedy club's outside wall here. His face is yeah where it's like Carlos Mendoz Ricky. So he came up and he was like, dude, you're the goat. And I was like, thank you. And he was like, I don't expect him to know anything about really, even the radio show. I'm expecting to know anything. He was like, you're the goat. And he was like, so you're doing stand up now, and I was like, yeah, I've been trying it for you know, a few years, and he was like, man, just keep doing it, You're gonna get real funny. And and me, I'm thinking to myself, gonna get And here's like a guy who's super funny, super accomplished, and I'm like, gonna get He's like, just stay on stage, You're gonna get so funny. When I know he meant that as a compliment. Yeah, but all I can hear is gonna get Yeah, but it was that part was good. I've only ever sent apologies after three jokes after three jokes ever. One of them was when I did one of my first comedically inspirational shows and I was doing, Hey, if I were hosting the cmazs, as the jokes that I would make, and I should preface this by saying, because I'm gonna walk you through a couple of the jokes. I mean, I should preface this by saying, I need to change my requirements for jokes that I feel like I can make towards people out in the crowd right now, they are am I making fun of me more than I'm making fun of anybody else? If the answer is yes, I feel I'm a bit open to go after others that I feel comfortable with. I would never go after anybody if I didn't go after me much much harder and earlier. So I do that at first, and I'm just doing self deprecating jokes, jokes about me, you know, gas Station, Ryan Seacrest, that's who people know me, that kind of stuff, right, and so that gets some good, good laughs. But I go hard on me first. Secondly, is it funny for the purpose of the joke, not for the purpose of it being malicious in anyway meaning and a roast joke just for the most part, you're just not being cutting mean. It needs to be funnier than it is mean or it's not worth it. And so I'm like, Okay. The joke before this that I apologized for was I did a joke about Dan Smeers, who is a friend of mine and I and this is when Dan had the real long hair in the beard. And I don't remember the joke exactly, so won't be as funny. But I was like, voice Dana Shay, voice Van Angel. But it still looks like if you went into Dan's basement, he'd say you has some skunk weed or something, right, based on his look and it was. It got a good laugh. But I messaged him after and I was like, hey, you're my friend. Hope that wasn't offensive to you, and he was like, no, it wasn't. It was funny. I was like, just want to make sure some of the jokes. I feel like I don't even need apologies because people like Laney Wilson. I was like, she's from Louisiana, can't even spell something, and they laugh and I'm like, it's he'll be only Hillilly Crime from Arkansas, right, So a lot of so I did the Dan one. The one I was worried about at the beginning was I have a friend named Valentine in LA And I was like, I even told Caitlin. I was like, here's this joke I'm gonna say, and I know Valentine. I really like Valentine, and I hope he doesn't get mad because it's in a room of peers. And so I'm up. I do a couple of jokes, a couple that I just came up with right there, which is always kind of risky. And I said, you know, I come to these award shows, and when I go to these award shows, usually I'm like the least famous person here. But I saw Valentine was nominated for war Tonight. Thank tonight. I'm like freaking Taylor Swift, right, and so let's he there. Yeah, that's why I made the joke. He's just back and I know him really well.
Speaker 7: Obviously, just said I just saw him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mess I'm going to tell you what I wrote him, So I said, but this is me messaging him. Hey, sorry, I didn't see I tried to find you after. You were the only people there that I knew, and like soap, it was okay that I roasted you with a joke. It was just out of fun. And if you didn't think it was funny, I apologize, but I still love you. So I'll write him that and he doesn't respond till the next morning, but it was late. He goes, what, No, I loved it. It was the only shoutout I got from the stage last night. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Wish I had a chance to say hello, let me know next time you're a Burbank blah blah blah. So I was like, oh, thank god. So we're backstage and because the hurricane, there were a lot of people from Florida and like that Northeast, even Milton that could not come. So if people won an award, they could not come and give their their acceptance speech thank you. So we were like twenty five minutes ahead of schedule. It's like an hour and forty minute show, but the thing was gonna be done in like fifty five minutes perfect. Well, they didn't want it to be done that quickly. Few that comes out you. So I was talking to the person's running the show and she was like, for like half an hour ahead of time, you know. And all I hear is, well, time for me to go and do my thing down, for me to go and do some bits come on. And so I'd kind of been given clearance to go out and just talk to the crowd. And so I think to myself, I should do a bit where because they do all the nominees and the only person that wins gets to come up. And I knew there were college kids there, and I think to myself, I should do a bit where anybody who didn't win who wants to because they already given me my award. They gave me a humanitarian award for like a charity blah, blah blah, good guy whatever, And so as like, anybody who didn't win, they can come up and take a picture on stage holding my award, and they can, and I'll say it costs five bucks and we'll give it all the college kids at the end of the night. And so rise about to go on stage. I get a text from somebody else in the crowd.
Speaker 5: They're like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't win, and I don't know who's winning the awards. I can't hear that. I'm in the bat just getting ready, and so guy text me, who I know a little bit. He's like, we didn't win. It sucks. So I'll walk out there and I know him, and I'm like, all right, so here's the deal, some of you guys that didn't win. I'm gonna let you guys come up and take a picture with my award.
Speaker 5: It's like a make a wish.
Speaker 1: And so I caught him up and I could tell immediately he didn't he didn't like it, So okay, whatever, we take the picture, and I'm like, that was not I didn't feel like that was met well. And my whole purpose was kill time, let people who didn't win come up on stage and take a picture I thought'd be funny holding any award, and then we would just like send the college kids to dinner. I'd gone four layers deep in my head, never got there because I felt so bad about it. I could just tell that. But I thought to myself, what I like it is Someone did that to me and I was like, yeah, that'd be funny, hilarious.
Speaker 7: Wait, you just lost.
Speaker 1: No, not just but I don't know when the awards had happened, but sometime in the night, anybody that didn't win, I was gonna say, hey, if you guys want to come up, even though you didn't win, come up on stage, take a picture with an award.
Speaker 7: I know, I'm just thinking of you like you've Oh.
Speaker 1: I would still think it was funny, okay. I would also want to get on stage. Like Valentine he got nominated and didn't get a shout out. I'd also want to be up on stage.
Speaker 7: Did you do a check in with that person?
Speaker 1: I'll just say it was not. I didn't know him well enough to do that bit with him. That that was what I shouldn't have done, because he was a little more serious than I thought it should have been.
Speaker 7: And so did he give you five bucks.
Speaker 1: No, no, five bucks. Oh, I didn't move on. I ended the bit. I was like, and I wouldn't have even thought of him. But he texted me right before I went on stage to do this bit, and I was like, oh, top of mind, I'll do hit. He's like the one person I know. Yeah, it wasn't this. That one wasn't great. I should have picked somebody different. I should have picked Ricky Smiley or somebody that I felt like would have understood. It was supposed to kind of be doping and awkward and then we send the college kids at dinner or whatever. Other than that, I feel like it was pretty a plus.
Speaker 7: But did you know you were going to get an award?
Speaker 1: They told you, yes, yes, it kind of was supposed to be. Well, I'm back there doing rehearsal.
Speaker 7: And I see it, Oh, how's your name on it?
Speaker 1: But I already knew. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you act like you didn't know?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 8: No, you didn't ask surprise me? Why?
Speaker 1: No? No? And I already knew I was getting like a humanitarian thing, but I didn't know it was gonna be presented at that I just didn't put the pieces together. So I would say overall it was a success, but take big swings. Sometimes he hit home runs. Sometimes you miss it real big. But yeah, I sent Those are the three apologies I sent off to Dan, who was like, don't worry about it. To Valentine, who was like, are you kidding? I was just happy to get acknowledged from the stage. And then I sent one off to the other guy. You know, it was what it was, and I felt bad about it. I felt bad that he didn't like it.
Speaker 7: What do he reply?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, it's it's his own, So I will not I will not gonna show what he said. But I was like, if I didn't it to anybody else, I should know. My mistake was not doing it to somebody I.
Speaker 7: Knew he had your number.
Speaker 1: He did, and I wouldn't have thought it's still it gives me. No doesn't matter what I thought. It was funny say that to me, yes, because I'd have been like I'd held it above my head like Stanley.
Speaker 5: Cup, Yeah, I know we're a little different.
Speaker 1: I know we're a little different. At one point to the DJ who was super fun super funny. Sorry my mouth's try the DJ who was super funny, I.
Speaker 5: Would have thought with Bobby, so.
Speaker 1: I know, I know DJ Scratch who works in New York. He would play songs for people that won award and he was like, I gotta He was like, I got a song for you, and he called me over and he starts playing like Sweet Home Alabama. I was like, you give me the widest.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 1: And so then he's like, get on the turntables. I don't know what I'm doing. Get on the turntables. Mix it up, did you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I'll jump in. I'll jump into anything like Friday Morning Dance. And I'm like, is damn well. I did a terrible, terrible job. Overall, I give myself a B plus. It was a good night. I got a nice award left in the hotel and the hotel staff no, no, I took it home. Butt left in the hotel while we were there over the weekend in New York, and the hotel staff wrote a note and they were like, dear mister Bones, we see your award here. Congratulations on the humanitarian award. You seemed to be a great guy. Oh there's something like that.
Speaker 5: It's nice.
Speaker 1: And I was like, where's my chocolate, chocolate or something? But that was that was my weekend. Ricky Smiley was really really cool though, Uh yeah, okay, anything else I need to get to because Morgan said I needed to be on for thirty minutes.
Speaker 7: You've passed it. We're good.
Speaker 1: We're doing our TikTok live. We're moving to a new studio next week and we'll have more capabilities to do a lot of stuff. Lunchbox, who watches my TikTok? Because I have a secret. It's not a secret. I don't publicize it, but I've got a secret TikTok page where I just like show sports cards I've got graded, and I don't ever promote it, but I do have it. I think it's Bobby Bone's sports on TikTok and it's me and cards, right, I sent them off to get graded. I go over the grades. Who's been watching that?
Speaker 8: Jason Alden, how did you know?
Speaker 2: I talked to someone in al Dean's camp that's close to al Dean said they were sitting on the bus they saw one of your tiktoks.
Speaker 8: They looked at each other and said.
Speaker 1: Like, TikTok's from my nerd account.
Speaker 8: I don't know. They just said Bobby's TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now Al Dean and him are buying cards and getting them graded and buying packs and boxes and it's a slippery slow and so Al Dean is all in, that's awesome. Yeah, so you influenced Al Dean and so I'm just saying you're an influencer.
Speaker 1: I thank you. Yeah, I have. Like here's I'm opening a box a TOPS Chrome. It says, here's a five hundred dollars box of Tops Chrome, and then and then I open them and then I just show them as I opened them. I didn't invent this, but yeah I do. That's my biggest one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, give me.
Speaker 1: I'm such I'm a little card influencer.
Speaker 5: You are Al Dean got you got Al Dean on it?
Speaker 1: I'm sure. Well, no, that's just one type of brand. I'm sure Al Dean did it at one point like I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like him, and so it was DJ Silver him and they were like talking about it, like, man, we used to do as kids, and you're there watching your videos like should we try this again? I mean we did his kids and we loved it. And so now they do it and they're sending cards off to get.
Speaker 1: Graded, which I have not looked at these yet. This is me opening graded card. It's so nerdy.
Speaker 5: I love fun though.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, look at me, Rey, little social media influencer influence ray. What was the thing that upper management sent? It was an email about how we need to do bits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's it says Talent Coaching, the new guidelines to follow if you want.
Speaker 1: Them to do bits.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh I didn't get that email.
Speaker 1: When you start a bit, this is the new guidelines. Okay, can I guess sure? How I try to do a segment now is And I think people mess up on social media doing this too. People get on social media, they'll pull up a video. They'll be like, what's up, guys, Bobby, heropy Friday's good, and I'm already I've already swiped off of it. Like if you don't say in the first five seconds what I'm gonna be watching or why I should watch, I'm out.
Speaker 5: Not unless they know your Bobby.
Speaker 1: They went to your maybe not because you could be the for you page you want to see everything? Oh yeah, yeah, So so I bet it's something to do with that, because that's how we do the show. I'll say what we're gonna do in the first few seconds.
Speaker 3: That's one of them.
Speaker 1: There's a new eight second rule.
Speaker 3: You have to get to your point within eight seconds of starting a bit.
Speaker 1: I would say four to five where it's like, this is what we're gonna do. Even if you back off that after a minute, it's okay to do that. If it's like, hey, this segment, we'll talk about how I influenced Jason Alden, you won't believe this, which, by the way, there's on like sixty eight days freezing in here. But I've already said what we're about to do, so people aren't gonna leave if they cared about what we're about to do. That makes sense, yes, Or if I come on, I'm like, man, it's cold in here, unless I'm about to get to that whole thing, like I can't get my nipples and I'd be hard. Then it's why would I do that?
Speaker 6: So that's why you go like straight like as soon as the show Think boomed Bobby Bone Show, and then you go like we're drafting cookies.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that's only because of me watching social media the last couple of years and stealing what they do. Because I only stay interested in things when people tell me exactly what they're gonna do. They get away from it for a second, but I need to know immediately upfront. That's interesting. They're telling people that. Now that's good.
Speaker 3: What else You can't talk about things that only you care about?
Speaker 1: Not true, that's the whole show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all we do.
Speaker 1: I think they're talking to like actual DJs.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I mean, I guess if you're doing a bit, they say it has to be all inclusive of the listener as well.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, not allowed to ramble or meander, Amy, we gotta.
Speaker 5: Let you go.
Speaker 7: Oh well, served me.
Speaker 1: Well this is this is different than like a talk show. I think this is like music jocks that I hear you. Go ahead, you can't talk too much about yourself. Gone, I'm out of here anyway, we're both of us.
Speaker 8: We're out of here.
Speaker 1: We don't have a job anymore.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and don't yell sorry, lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Last one is you can't talk about inside conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been good, good knowing you guys. We're retiring. I think generally those are great rules for day parted what they call mid days, afternoons, even some morning shows. We're lucky to have been on a very long time, and we do abide by some of those, but we do state our purpose quickly up front, and then sometimes we don't even it to it. Let's be honest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like I don't do any of this on Women of My Hurt Country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's only that's very much a music show.
Speaker 7: I get to the point that there is no other point. There's two content breaks.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I'm saying that that content's never about you. That's about exactly. Nope, you're missing the point the show. This show is about us.
Speaker 5: She agrees with you.
Speaker 1: There, I know, I'm done. All right, that's it. Thank you, Ray, thank you Morgan. We're good on time.
Speaker 7: Yep, we're good.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody. Post show, I'm heading to Arkansas. There'll be no twenty five whistles today because I have to go to Arkansas and we have Bob Stoops tomorrow, so we're gonna do that tomorrows.
Speaker 7: Do you know there is I was just gonna hype it up.
Speaker 1: Oh I I'm pretty excited about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean it sounds he sounds no, he sounds legit. I know I've heard that, but I don't know him.
Speaker 1: Thank you, everybody. Sounds we'll see tomorrow by everybody,