Speaker 1: Before we start the episode, Man, I gotta remind everybody that we are on the radio in eighty cities every single day across the country. Man Real ninety two to three every day Monday through Friday in Los Angeles, Wild ninety four to one in Tampa, Kkfur and Phoenix.
Speaker 2: We're all over the place, Miami, Vegas. We can go on and on.
Speaker 1: I want to give a shout out to our latest affiliate. Shout out to Knoxville, Tennessee, Man Hot one or four point five for being the latest city to join the Bootleg CAV Show network. All right, now, I don't ever really talk about the radio show on the podcast, keep them separate. But if you want to listen to the radio show, you can click the link in the bio for a list of all the cities you can listen to at Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the interview, Yo, Bootleg CAV Podcast.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Special guests in here, the Cactus Boys. I'm gonn let y'all introduce yourselves real quick, represent AZ represent Phoenix south Side.
Speaker 2: Guys. Guys, you gotta talk into the mic.
Speaker 4: See me a lean right here, you know, in the Boys Entertainment catchin Boys CB.
Speaker 5: I already know it is CB Pizzle from the south side sl Mohana block. You know Phoenix stars.
Speaker 6: On the way in here, my mom Cbee Lidoleado.
Speaker 3: You gotta talk louder Lido.
Speaker 1: This your interview first interviews right now, y'all good. So you guys from the south side whereabouts on the south.
Speaker 7: Side, uh, central South Mand. Phoenix ears on the Central South Mand first half.
Speaker 1: Yo, from when you guys were because my best friend grew up, I was telling y'all, But my best friend grew up on twenty fourth and Baseline, and I don't even reckon like right by the community. I don't even recognize that shit earlier anymore. There's so many stories and ship like it used to just be fields and shit.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they be doing all types of shit now, like yeah, that's crazy stories everywhere now.
Speaker 6: And that's like twenty minutes from us from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure a little bit. How long have you guys been rapping?
Speaker 4: Like five years?
Speaker 5: Five years now, started rapping before me, bro, And they're younger than me. They go hard bro this my guys.
Speaker 1: So you guys are brothers, brothers.
Speaker 2: Dad, bro, and then you guys grew up together.
Speaker 6: He basically, my brother thought, because I know it's just a baby.
Speaker 1: So how did y'all know each other? Since babies like parents knew each other type ship or just we.
Speaker 7: Just grew up in the same neighborhood, the same the same elementary school, same.
Speaker 5: So how it happened was one time I was walking, I was just dug in and you feel me, all was mom and through the hood and I saw these foods. They're like three four deep all like I think like one or two deep, you feel me. I was just like, what's up with these foods? And then we just what We just said, what's up?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: And then fucking we just ever since then, I've seen them around here and there ever since then. Food we just grew up, girl grew up. Hit the bulls got to it was.
Speaker 7: Atlant niggas too, you know, tell us it's the sandbox and me little kids, little kids?
Speaker 1: What what kind of like sparked y'alls because you guys were rapping first and then you started rapping? What made you I don't want to start rapping?
Speaker 4: Ship really he started rapping first with the with our bro Tico and ship them niggas will be rapping on like this little back when we had and shit that's dirtiest.
Speaker 2: So these niggas will be.
Speaker 6: Hell, yeah we ain't had no band or nothing, just live but yeah.
Speaker 4: Would they'll be telling me and she like, Bro, you used to start rapping white shit? Fuck you, I ain't got nothing, might as well shit mightna do it.
Speaker 7: It just happened, Like you, you go through so much and you ain't got like nobody talked to or nothing. You just got a story to tell you feel me, So I feel like rapping was the only way to express myself type shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for people who don't know me from razy like south Side Saint Maryville are like the two craziest areas, right, It's like, you know, it's kind of like where shit goes down the most at Like what what was y'alls like growing up? Like, were you guys like obviously wrapped up with the bullshit in the streets too? If you guys watch music videos, you guys do have a lot of fire weapons of a lot of firearms in the videos. You know, I'm sure with legal permits in Arizona, I don't think you need a permit.
Speaker 5: Though a lot of pro ro there'd be props, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of propun fake a lot of fake guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, what what was you'll like like outside of music, like because I think I was you guys, I don't know what did you end up going to high school?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I went to high school, but for a little bit, where'd you go? Should? I went to South Mountain High School? I want to count back high school. I want to Humanity and Science.
Speaker 1: You went to Humanities and Science, So I Humanities and Science off of what was that off of?
Speaker 5: Uh like on the side.
Speaker 1: No, it's like off of my baby mama went there the bad kids school where you had to do all.
Speaker 2: The work on the computer.
Speaker 3: Bro snuck into that motherfucker and did a test for her.
Speaker 2: Ass. What's that ship on it? Like seventh the one I went to.
Speaker 5: There's like two of them. I think there's one on the like South it's on seventh seventh Street.
Speaker 2: It's on seventh Street past camera back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's like that Central but no but you know, no, No, I've snuck into that Humanities scientists place when I was like seventeen and did a fucking a science test or some kind of test on the computer.
Speaker 2: I had to sign it with.
Speaker 1: Her ship act like I was going to school there and Ship. Yeah that was that was like everybody who goes to that place is like pregnant, you know what.
Speaker 5: I went there, Bro, but immediately I just you know what it was, Bro, I just said fuck this ship and went straight smoking.
Speaker 7: I wish I went to high school. Me and Bro right here, we didn't even go to high school. I dropped out the eighth grade. I was like two weeks in the eighth grade and I dropped out. Bro, like sixth grade. He dropped in sixth grade.
Speaker 4: Nah, he tripped your parents great, but yeah, we stopped going to school.
Speaker 1: And shit, but is my dad like high school because mom and dad think y'all are going now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was on us. They'll be on us, you know, I mean so much they could do yes tight.
Speaker 1: Sh well, because like I feel like like if you guys ain't going to school that young, like they they're gonna fucking try to see what's going on.
Speaker 6: You know, we were to do to high school.
Speaker 4: There were no big high school. There was somebody through their choice and here was another world called Questa.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we tried like night school for like two weeks. I was I was like seventeen years old. I try to go back into school when I get it together. Yeah, when I was like seventeen by the turn eighteen, I tried to go back to school for like two weeks right at night school, and that shouldn't work out.
Speaker 6: But I tried that ship though.
Speaker 2: But what would you guys say? It's like your guys influences when it comes to the music, ship.
Speaker 7: Like rapping and rapping, rapping, shit, shit, My influence is like just really where we grew up from and just really each other.
Speaker 6: I ain't even lying.
Speaker 1: But ain't any other artists like that? You like, like like grew up listening to that. You feel like you kind of like were inspired by ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we fucked with a lot of with a lot of artists.
Speaker 2: I be just I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, shitting with snool, fucking with you feel me all the West Coast.
Speaker 6: It's just like growing up.
Speaker 7: It's like looking at all the all the rappers and ship blowing up off that ship and we ship, we be living the same ship that they mother fuckers be rapping about. So it's just like and then motherfucker get paid off the ship that they they went through and we went through the same ship. The ship we might as well get paid for it too, you know, just rap that ship too.
Speaker 6: We got a story to tell.
Speaker 5: Also, it's crazy because in Phoenix Service on the Bro, it's different from from Kelly right. You know, so it's like we we know, like it's it's we know about ultras, gang and aults. But anyway, it's like, how do I explain it for It's like it's a lot of gang banging and a lot of fucking.
Speaker 4: Music.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of music coming from l A. So in Phoenix Service on the Bro it's like kind of not like that, but in a way it is.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of hoods out there.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of these young guy no fucking rappers that made it out that bitch that ship that like a dead zone type shit.
Speaker 5: Zone. Bro. But it's it's a lot of tilling out there. It's a lot of people out there that that could shine.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: Like, look, look we're right here right now. Look have to bule Ca you feel me.
Speaker 6: We're here straight out, Tomorro.
Speaker 3: So, thank y'all man for coming after I invited you like a year ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate you appreciate every time.
Speaker 5: We want to prepare ourselves.
Speaker 2: Now for sure. Every time y'all said that, you're like, we gotta get our ship together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're like we're coming so bro.
Speaker 2: First time in La.
Speaker 7: So it's sounds when you're trying to do something good in life, something just bad pop up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's crazy too, because like what did y'all take? Because like obviously, uh, you know, in Cali, like a lot of the like prison politics like kind of affect a lot of the Mexican hip hop scene out here because there's a lot of south Siders and north Siders all.
Speaker 2: That like in as.
Speaker 1: We really don't like it's not like the Mexicans aren't really as divided in Arizona And does that make sense what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying between like everybody together and now.
Speaker 1: I just mean like out here, like the prison politics, like there's Nortagneos and south Siders, right, So it's like.
Speaker 5: So it's different. It's different.
Speaker 7: I feel I feel like out there it's just really just I feel like it's really the motherfucking really where you come from, Like every black you go, it's a different it's a different neighborhood.
Speaker 2: No, there's like different neighborhoods and things and ship.
Speaker 1: But in terms of like, you know, it ain't like the north side or south side of ship don't touch easy.
Speaker 5: It kind of does, but it does not. Really.
Speaker 7: I feel like we're only devices over there is just the neighborhoods, right, That's the only thing motherfuckers is fuck behaving.
Speaker 6: That's all it is.
Speaker 4: That though, we've just been trying to do this music shit for real, trying to take this ship here. It's a little more because I mean we've been rapping for like five years, you know, but we really like probably like two years ago, we need to wrap this shit up, you know, we need to take this just do this ship. He gonna do something we got to do, you know, So we just be trying to stick to that ship, right. That's kind of it right now.
Speaker 1: Was there something that happened that made y'all like realize like, oh shit, this ship might work out for us, Like we might need to take this serious and like, you know, focus a little bit on this music ship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we started doing the shows, bro ship, all the moboids that just depend on us. You feel me like we dropped some of that shit go crazy. We had a lot of more fucks behind us, and I feel like that.
Speaker 1: Just like, you guys have a good YouTube present shut out to the Core and and Valley Club.
Speaker 3: They be doing some dope visuals for y'all.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, of course, really our only camera man, bro, Like that's really when Bro in the city, I mean for sure, but it's just because you feel me. He's been there from the start. He was like our first with our first video right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and never did no video with nobody else.
Speaker 5: He was our first video game, bro, So we knew.
Speaker 4: We knew that ship was good. Like because obviously we are like you know, us and ship, so we know people it's fucking with this. Obviously we're doing something right. You know.
Speaker 2: You guys got like management and nothing.
Speaker 3: Y'all just kind of.
Speaker 6: Just be independent no matter. There's just know nothing, no label everything.
Speaker 7: What we do, we just we just get together and drop that ship and that's just how that should go. Whatever whatever we whatever we do is because we did that ship. Don't nobody do that ship for us. Nobody set it up nothing for us.
Speaker 3: Me for people who've never been the azy, what's it like growing up in Arizona?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean I know what it's like because I grew up there. But for the people who don't know. Man, it's I feel like people be coming to Arizona and they go to Scottsdale or they're like they think it's just off courses and fucking fashion square.
Speaker 7: We're from Phoenix and the specific part were from the south side of Phoenix. But we that whatever we're doing, that shit been going on for generations before us.
Speaker 1: The people land at the airport and they'll go straight to like two or three areas and they'll be like.
Speaker 2: Man, it's so nice.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I mean, look, there's some nice parts, but Arizona is super active.
Speaker 5: Dog like, Nah, they got to go to the right parts. You want to get at, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: That's if you want to get like even just get some real fucking food.
Speaker 1: Dog Like all the like fire Mexican spots is all fucking the very dicey area.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there is there for y'all? Like obviously you guys have been dropping singles and show I'm good. Uh, I fall asleep, I smoke right now, I'm tired of fuck.
Speaker 2: But uh uh, are you guys gonna like try to put together like a body.
Speaker 5: Of work like a mixtape or yeah, right, now for sure, I think we're ready. For sure, we're here, We got I got my fucking my producer, feel me.
Speaker 2: The engineer, man engineer, shout him out. What's his name?
Speaker 5: It's the only dog right here, my mama. Only on the west side. He's from the west side. A shoutout, baring now, shoutout spooks, shoutout, thirty fist shout out, you feel me, shout shout out everybody feeling all the people on the east side, shout out, fucking desert baby free desert eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yet he just liked my Instagram posts like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I think he's Can you go shoot a video for him in Texas or no?
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, it's a lot of it's a lot of people that that we with, a lot of people who standing behind us. A lot of people support us, for sure. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody that you guys like if you guys had like a fucking bucket list feature anybody you could work with?
Speaker 5: Who would be I wanted to feature a Sway bro RP you feel me? That's what I wanted one for sure? But who else? Lefty for sure? Shoutout left left he gave love on the PRODC.
Speaker 1: I would like to point out it was probably him that like maybe with the fire of your guys, ask the family come to California.
Speaker 5: I mean, but we was, We was almost ready to come. Bro, But that ship is really just yeah.
Speaker 6: Some good, some bad black your blessings or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, y'all definitely get a record with Lefty.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure, Yet some ship for you left. We got some ship for your game, pull up for show.
Speaker 3: We got bangers on anybody else?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well a lot ain't all I listened to, like Young Boy and Dirt.
Speaker 3: Dirt and Young Boy, Yeah, yeah, well both of them are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little dumb, little don't go hard feature, little dump for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah damn I been forgetting. Dirt's locked up right now. Ship isn't that crazy? Both of them dudes are in jail right now. Both of them have the craziest like most of the fucking it will.
Speaker 5: Be, oh man says some savages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, uh crazy when you gotta see that kind of ship, like uh, when you guys start to get super popping, like do you guys like already kind of envision, like, hey, we gotta be super careful with what we put out there.
Speaker 3: Cause you never know who's watching type ship.
Speaker 6: We've been like that since day one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everything we put out everything, we do, everything, we post everything, everything we do.
Speaker 6: We gotta watch up.
Speaker 5: Who you want to feature all?
Speaker 4: That's like you said, though, everybody, bro, whoever wanted left you? Anybody Ship We got a feature with like Byron in them coming out too little artists from the city and really whoever though, whoever trying to work we.
Speaker 2: Were with it?
Speaker 1: Has it been anybody besides left you? Just kind of tapped in with what y'all got going on? Like that's an artist I like, maybe like the Post or d m jar anything.
Speaker 4: George Lopez, Yeah, wow, the comedian.
Speaker 1: What do you he just likes something or what comment?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I used to wake up him at the night they posed to be or something post George Love is on the TV and.
Speaker 1: You know he played like they did a movie about the There's like a class at Carl Hayden High about like these Mexican kids who like they won this national robot competition from Carl Hayden and people don't know we're watching.
Speaker 2: Carl Hayden is like one of.
Speaker 3: The craziest high schools in Arizona. It's fucking fucked over there.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: And so George Lopez played a fucking Carl Hayden High school teacher in that.
Speaker 5: That's that's crazy that you that you're talking about that, because I always talking to one of my homies and he was just talking about that, like you ain't know that they had like the robotics team and all that ship.
Speaker 1: Carl Hayden bro I used to sell. I used to be at that Swap me right there at thirty fifth and Buckeye. Sorry I got my name, but slaying ship to swap me Inzy.
Speaker 5: So they shot a movie like what the fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to be over there fucking counterfeiting everything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We used to have the mixtapes DVDs persons.
Speaker 2: You ever go to this? You ever go to the swape other?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 7: Both on thirty fifth? I am over there on forty Street and.
Speaker 1: Buy is like straight piston for sure, right, Like the other one is like you go on Wednesday night and get a car.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You know at the Bettle, I mean.
Speaker 3: Wednesday night is when they got to everyone's over there.
Speaker 2: Selling their whips. Yeah, yeah, that's got the one on on on Washington.
Speaker 1: Bro. I got kicked out of both of them one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: They like banned me, like I can't. I'm like legally not allowed to go to the swap meeting. Arizon almost went to I was selling, I was burning, I.
Speaker 5: Was that was you.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Literally literally got.
Speaker 1: Like all my ship confiscated by the cops.
Speaker 5: That was you right there in the black.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it was open for sure, like I swear seven, that was me. One time I was selling EMPC Magic's album, bootlegging it and that motherfucker was walking through like the aisle I was at h and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he didn't see it. I pulled it off the table.
Speaker 7: But he got twenty I got the TA were set with me.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is you got. How are you guys? You said old you guys?
Speaker 6: I I was like eight.
Speaker 3: You guys are fucking children.
Speaker 6: You don't remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm twenty seven right now.
Speaker 1: So the picture, well, you guys back in the day, it was like the picture teas that used to be popping or like people would have like scar fades.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good times.
Speaker 1: Man. So you guys are working on a project right now, are you guys just gonna do singles or what's up ship?
Speaker 5: We we wrote actually, bro, we fucking been working since you hit or so we was like, we gotta link up and write some new ship for keV. So we fucking uh just we just not you feel me, not really for Cad but for keV, but like for all the opportunities coming to l A. You feel me, Alexis shout out, Alexis, you feel me. We're gonna drop some ship with Alexus for show. So we were just like, yeah, for sure, we're gonna fucking rite Hella shit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Lexis don't like nobody and he was like, yo, their kids are hardy shadow Lexus for sure, gun.
Speaker 3: Don't get some ship in with him? Are you guys fully like eating on the rap.
Speaker 2: Ship for real? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We just got families.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now, so at first, wen't really like take that shit serious. But ship since since day one, since we dropped, motherfucker's been it's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of you guys right, there's like, like you said, a lot of your homies rap.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Behind this game's in the same neighborhood we grow up on.
Speaker 1: To Like how many people are kind of in the immediate like collective if you will a good twenty for sure? How many y'all you guys are the main three rapping?
Speaker 5: Like who like good twenty hell feel twenty eight of us eight rapping tan rapping.
Speaker 4: We'll just be fucking around and ship doing like songs and ship not even like just be rapping.
Speaker 2: We should be.
Speaker 7: We should be rapping on the block. We just end up like ship. We should be deepest hair on the block, thirty deep rapping, hey, and we should just be like, you know, we didn't take this ship to the studio on me and ship.
Speaker 1: Have you guys, have you guys tapped in magic and all yet? You know magic is kind of like the o.
Speaker 5: G fucking we haven't tapped in bro.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean we would like to you feel me shoutow magic ship. We will killed some ship, but ship. We were willing to have Plasta the low Rider shows. I ain't gonna have seen that nigga one time. He had that.
Speaker 7: Now it's like a South It's like a low Righter show South Plaza. He had that ship popping though he performed some ship. I was there, you know, we was over there just watching the lowriders.
Speaker 2: And everyone all right.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well sh growing up on the south side of the closest We'll take yeah, Arizona mids and this guy scot Arizon Mid.
Speaker 6: These guys, that's two mars close.
Speaker 2: Fiesta. Man, that was like Matt Show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we ain't got no, we ain't got no actual moness on the south side, on South Peas, we really don't got shipped.
Speaker 1: Y'all got as on the mills. There's a high max there.
Speaker 5: There's on the mills.
Speaker 1: I'm old enough to remember when they built that motherfucker and everybody was like, there's a rainforest cafe and.
Speaker 3: Everybody was like, oh my god, this is amazing. And then it got played like really quick, but.
Speaker 2: It's still there.
Speaker 5: And don't get a twisted though. It was just a shootout right there.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was born right there.
Speaker 1: Shout shout out, shoutoun go ahead and say there's what's the natives in Guadaloupe. Then the Yaki shout out all the Yacki's over there. Yeah, you know Mills, it's it's you know Christy's cabaret across the street. You know, she dick sucked out there. And waffles and grits after. Are you guys strip club goers at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be going to Lady and the Homide.
Speaker 1: Which which which? What's the best strip club in Arizona in your opinion? I really think there's only one right answer, by the way, but I'm gonna let you answer.
Speaker 5: Jaguars. Yeah, yeah, no, bro, I haven't really even been there like that. I've been there like probably like once.
Speaker 6: I'm I don't go to no strip clubs. I don't go none of that.
Speaker 7: I don't go smart man, I don't pop out nowhere. I don't pop out like.
Speaker 2: What y'all do for fun? Y'all go to the casino or anything.
Speaker 3: Or you guys just going to for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah the Byron guya be at the fucking club all the time. This guy, Yeah, he's active for me fun.
Speaker 2: It's just chilling, hanging out at the crib playing video games and ship.
Speaker 7: I don't pop out for nothing if it really unless it's if it's a strip club something like that. I don't pop out like being around people.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can put from the strip club. You got the baby face, you know, no strip clu.
Speaker 2: He's the only stream being around people. You and your girl.
Speaker 5: I'm going sometimes ship, trying to ship. What's up? Trying to shoot misic videos all that ship? Show me what's so?
Speaker 2: Jags so you get it?
Speaker 3: We get you a video of Jacks. That's easy.
Speaker 2: Ship shooting go viral, come shooting at eleven eleven?
Speaker 5: What's living? Man? What's so? We're trying to perform? What's so? Let's get a performance show.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you'all can perform, but y'all can pull up.
Speaker 5: We'll get some ship popping.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's not a perform It's not like. It's not a fucking live venue.
Speaker 5: It's a pop up right there.
Speaker 3: I sit on the top right there, pull up, get some food to wall season, come next.
Speaker 5: Door, Abraham Lincoln right on the top, show me right there.
Speaker 2: What what's the next? Like release, y'all got to plan. Y'all got any videos in the can? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Coming a few from songs?
Speaker 1: Shout out everybody's Instagram. I know y'all got the group Instagram. That's like Berner calling me, uh but shout out to shout out. I g ship, We're gonna have you guy wrap. That'll be a separate YouTube video.
Speaker 7: Me on I G shit on, I G c B Pizzle Ship and I just got my name under the CB lido.
Speaker 2: And what's the official like group page?
Speaker 6: See you act this boys
Speaker 2: Here it is man, appreciate your pulling up