Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, Preferred Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Jess Navarrees, Aisha Morrison, Kelsey Charles, and Jane Slater.
Speaker 3: Dak Prescarbell will be in the rehab group today, you know, until he had a good visit with the doctor yesterday. So the next step is goet enough strength in the hand to throw the football, so he will work exclusively with Britt Brown today.
Speaker 4: All right, So that was head coach Mike McCarthy talking about Dak Prescott working with the rehab grop his hand strength, not gripping the ball quite well enough y'all to play in a game.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 4: It looks like from here on out, I'm going to be missing Tuesdays and Thursdays. Just need a little break during the week as it relates to work. But we are gonna obviously have Haley here who's been doing an awesome job, and you'll have Kelsey on Thursdays. So plenty of girls talking, boys talk, So thank you for understanding that, because I did have some some messages wondering if I was gone outced.
Speaker 5: I would never leave you girls. I love doing the show.
Speaker 4: It's a passion project of mine and really proud of the direction that it's been heading into.
Speaker 6: And it just shows that sometimes everybody needs to take a break, take a little mental break, take a day.
Speaker 7: Jane works her tail.
Speaker 5: Off, so appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Anytime we can have your back, So you have your day off, please, thank you.
Speaker 7: No, you know you're always here and we're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: And I just also love having a bunch of voices. I do have a voice. As it relates to this this Dak situation. Oh yeah, you know, I had talked about this a couple of weeks ago, how I thought it was a little bit premature and maybe a little disrespectful of Jerry to be putting out this four game window timeline when we would expect him back, essentially saying Washington was a week that made sense, which is kind of crazy now, right.
Speaker 5: And when we talk to.
Speaker 4: A lot of these surgeons he'd worked on these thumb fractures, even they said they wouldn't rush you back really for six weeks. So I think a lot of people are wondering, all right, well, is he going to play against the Eagles, And we know he's not playing this weekend on the road against the Rams, which is a good idea, particularly when you've got Aaron Donald on the other side of the ball. And we'll get into Aaron Donald and the threat that he poses here in a bit.
Speaker 5: But what I look at the.
Speaker 4: Eagles game, I don't know if I think that that's the week either, particularly because if he's in the rehab group just getting some work done. Let's start tracking what we've seen from some of these other.
Speaker 7: Players, tracking, right, Yeah, that's say.
Speaker 5: We're tracking Michael Gallup. He came back.
Speaker 4: It was two weeks of team drills and still it was like are you ready to go?
Speaker 5: Mentally not ready?
Speaker 4: And then he came back the following week, right, jay Ron Curse feels like it was a bit of a slow play. Jabril Cox has been a real slow play. Dalton Schultz a slow play, Connor McGovern a slow play. In other words, and talking to some of the players around here, Mike McCarthy has endeared himself to these players because look, a lot of these players, you don't want to put the tread on the tires that limits your career because this is a violent game.
Speaker 5: It's a tough game. And Dak is now.
Speaker 4: Coming off what his fourth injury in the last couple of years. Yeah, calf ankle, non throwing shoulder, which was a clean up shoulder, something weird, you know, what happened while he was sleeping. Then of course he had the throwing shoulder situation that was more of a baseball injury.
Speaker 5: But they're listening to what.
Speaker 4: The players have to say about their bodies. And with that being said, I've got Mike McCarthy now saying he wants him to get a full slate.
Speaker 5: Of work, which is again what we heard about Michael Galps.
Speaker 4: That took him out two weeks for him to get the full work. That's why I really don't think that we're going to see him on the road against the Eagles.
Speaker 5: And taking this.
Speaker 4: Argument a step further, guys, let's assume because we're talking about a Los Angeles Rams team who has a worse record than the Cowboys heading into this one.
Speaker 7: Never saw that coming, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two and two, as the Cowboys are three and one both second in their divisions. Let's assume the Cowboys are able to go on the road get a win, and then you put Dak in in the Eagles game, and he's not quite ready to go yet.
Speaker 5: It's a Sunday night football game.
Speaker 4: It may not injure his hand, but doesn't injure his mind. And I know that he's mentally resilient. He's been through a lot, but all of us has sort of a breaking point, right and can you imagine the narratives that then flare up? And so I'm protecting Dak's not only his physical health.
Speaker 5: But his mental health. But I don't know if it's necessary to.
Speaker 4: Rush him back win or lose on the road this week with Cooper Rush as the starting quarterback. I shall start with you your thoughts on just kind of where I'm taking that narrative right now.
Speaker 8: So I think that I'm a little torn about, you know, when to when he should return or not. I was one of the people that thought that the Philly game would be maybe an ideal opponent, just because there's familiarity there and whatever. But the more that we learn about like this timetable, and yesterday I talked about it.
Speaker 9: Mike McCarthy, don't play about this, y'all.
Speaker 8: Like, if you have not learned anything about Mike McCarthy and this coaching staff at this point in time, is that they take injuries very seriously and sometimes we're gonna see guys even later than what you expected to see them. So I do think that the Philly game could be very important to, you know, future endeavors when you start talking about tie breakers, playoffs, that type of stuff. I think that this game could be a tone setting game as well when you start talking about the division and what's in contingency in the NFC, because obviously the Eagles are looking they are the only undefeated team, but I think it's kind of the lesser of two evils at this point. Is like they're gonna be narratives either way, right, Like if the Cowboys go out and you know, beat the Rams and then maybe have a great game against the Eagles, then you're looking at people.
Speaker 9: Still having those conversations. And then I also say to myself, like I want.
Speaker 8: Dak to be healthy, but then also, this guy hasn't played a game since Week one, and then you look at the fact, look how many offenses are slower and getting their legs under them with the lack of preseason playing, you know, for teams now, So then you say.
Speaker 9: Well, when is it? When when does he get his legs under him?
Speaker 8: Because if you're talking about okay, if he doesn't play against the Rams or against the Eagles, then you want you have the Lions next, I think, and then you have a bye the Bears, and then you have the bye, and then you have the latter part of the season, which is when you want to start getting hot. So it's like, I'm really torn with where's the best place to put him because there's it seems like this that Eagles game could be an important part in this season either way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So to me, just look at it from two sides here. First of all, I just I like to take notes when you guys are talking. Just sid don't lose my train of thug. See, I'll have great points, and I'm like, oh yeah, good point. But the initial timetable going back to when the injury first happened, wasn't it at most a nine to ten week return at that point eight to ten is six six.
Speaker 5: Eight, okay, which was being optimistic, right.
Speaker 6: So even going back to the initial timeline, it still wouldn't have been realistic for Dak to come back for the LA game or even the Eagles game at that point. So staying on the first initial diagnosis, this was pre surgery, right, so at this point we didn't even know really how severe it was. It was literally walking out of the stadium. This is what we're reading, right, So you look at that, and then you look at the rest of the schedule, and that's what I've been just sitting here scoping out. Is okay, So you have the Rams. Obviously Cooper Rush going to continue to stay in the quarterback position for that one. Then you have the Eagles, which, yes, they're the only undefeated team in the NFL currently, But here's the thing, the Eagles, it comes down to a matter of numbers, and I highly believe that the NFC East is going to come down to these games whether they won or they lost early in the season. So to me, you don't take Cooper Rush out because if he's going to go out, he's going to beat the Rams. He's going to be on a roll. You're talking what how many games at this point that Cooper Rushes fourth win, fourth win in a row? Keep him hot for that Eagles game because I think fifth, yeah, keep him hot, because at that point you want him to go into the Eagles game, especially if they win this week. You need to be the ones that break that barrier for the Eagles and do not keep them at five and oh and make them six and oh with the loss there and a divisional loss for that matter. So you know, just looking ahead to the schedule, there's that. And here's the thing. I'm not saying that putting Dack.
Speaker 7: In is going to disrupt the chemistry. We know he is.
Speaker 6: The chemistry, we know he's quarterback won. But then you have the Lions who are currently one in three. Do you need to rush Dack back for that game? No, not necessarily if the Bears, who are currently two and two, again, not something that I really think you need to rush Dack back in. The only side of that that could be good is those seem like games that if Dak's gonna get gelled back into the offense slowly, those could be the games that you incorporate him a little bit more so he's not so pressured to do it. After the bye week, which is in green Bay against green Bay, which we all won't get that far ahead yet, but I'm just saying that's right around the corner. And so to me, if I had the choice, just looking at everything, I personally I probably wouldn't put Dak back in until the Bears game right before the bye And at that point it really depends on how he's looking at practice mentally, how are you feeling, are you ready to do it? And then you have your bye week, continue to rest and see how he feels.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 6: So to me, I would say the Bears game is what I would do. But again, I have no way in this decision.
Speaker 7: In this building, he was.
Speaker 8: Defensing and a sniffed either man, So putting him out there against that D line, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I think I think that a home game tracking suits him a lot better. But I you know, let's assume like we're playing this one out. Let's assume they wait to talk to the bye week. Fond memories of playing in Green Bay. Remember that was a signature game where his rookie season on the road was it Romo or Dak and he played lights out. He played so well on the road that that ended up. So there's good vibes that come from Lambeau. I don't think they're gonna hold him out that long. I don't think Dak will let them hold him out that long. But just seeing him off to the side of the rehab group, the fact that you're telling me if he can't grip the ball well enough to play this week, and Jerry was definitive about that, and then you hear Mike talk about it. I don't know if it's gamesmanship, I truly believe. And look, they could easily be in front of the media always with the rehab group.
Speaker 5: Then they're gonna surprise us, and things leak around here.
Speaker 4: They do, and it just doesn't feel like if he can't do it on this Wednesday, you're telling me that in thirteen days.
Speaker 5: That's going to completely change. I just I find that a little hard to believe.
Speaker 4: That's just me, all right, But interesting note here the Cowboys have started three and one in consecutive seasons where they have finished twelve and five. They finished twelve and five and twenty twenty one. With a win in Week five, they would start four and one for the fourth time in the last ten seasons. They've won the NFC East. The last three times they started four and one. So let's go at Cooper Rush. I did think that this was interesting because even Zach Martin and I we're trying to figure out Cooper Rush's trajectory as it relates to Dallas. He was waived to release four different times before his most recent signing to the Cowboys practice squad, and now just when we talk about what he's making compared to Dall, it's actually, it's actually kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it's better than my paycheck, so for me, I'm like, that's cool, but no, yeah, but for what he's doing, and when we're talking football, totally different.
Speaker 4: When we talk about what he's getting paid whoever picks him up next year, because what I think he's done is he solidified himself as.
Speaker 5: A guy that definitely could now be a starter.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of it had to do with his familiarity with this offense, which is why he's played as well as he has. We've seen this before Teddy Bridgewater, Right, he played great for the Saints, and then it's it's kind of been hit or miss ever since then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'd be interested.
Speaker 4: I'm getting real ahead of myself here, but we'll see what life looks like.
Speaker 5: For Cooper Rush.
Speaker 4: But when you just look at what Cooper Rush is making in comparison, it doesn't even scratch the surface.
Speaker 8: I mean, Doug made twenty five dollars for his first four years and he was one of the top quarter I mean, just being honest, like it happens out here, he make it.
Speaker 9: I mean, compared to the top quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: Right now, Dak is making considerably And you know it's going to be so interesting is depending on what happens the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: We've already seen the quarterback controversy narrative happening. So if Cooper Rush continues to win, that's what I'm saying, that's going to be so amplified and that helps him later on, you know, when when that time comes for him, just a little bit more leverage for more money and potentially as starting jobs.
Speaker 4: Now, keep them his base salary this year, guys, I knew I had it one point three five million dollars.
Speaker 9: Can we just keep them here?
Speaker 8: And has an adequate and yeah, backup, well listen, he's the one.
Speaker 4: I think he's He's the one who said it best. Remember y'all, he said he doesn't dream as big as Jerry does. And honestly, I think that's what's making this locker room go the way that it has this year, and that's why they have it brought in, uh, you know, guys off the street again. Zach Martin said something interesting last night. He said, you can sense bs in a huddle, and I just wanted to cure. I was curious who he was referring to. Right, were talking backups, we're talking starters. He's been here since twenty fourteen, so do your due diligence. But he said, you can sense the bs, but he knows his role. And I thought that that was so telling when people want to know why this thing is working the way. This is why this chew choose going down the tracks, It's because he knows his role and everyone else knows his role. All Right, it's Girls Talk, Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We come back.
Speaker 4: We've got some guys that are coming back to the roster. So some injury updates and what did Michael Gallup do with that game ball after his first touchdown back from the ACL tear.
Speaker 5: I'll have that more come back at Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 1: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: All right, Pepsi love and football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can now recycling my that be his thrilling. It is converting up fourth and long. But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with the recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: If they snapped the fresh dout who looks white. It's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna rub this in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsell Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: But first, get the ultimate fan experience. For the ultimate Cowboys fan, join Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life, starting at just twenty dollars. Join now and get your fan pack, exclusive benefits and more. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash United for details to join today. I say it every day, but twenty dollars is a steel guys. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Speaker 5: Woo whoa as we said, chew cheo, very green ahead.
Speaker 7: That's our title for today.
Speaker 12: Choo choo.
Speaker 5: All right, well, choot you ahead.
Speaker 4: As it relates to a couple of players coming back, Jayron Curse the big one, your safety, which is huge. I mean, look, Donovan Wilson isn't playing lights out, but I know that you've been very excited.
Speaker 5: Aisha, I'm looking at you. She's been tracking.
Speaker 4: He was a full participant in practice, as was Molie Hooker coming back from the thumb injury. Full participant, so they could have their full slate of safeties, which is going to be huge when you consider I.
Speaker 5: Mean when you're I was looking at the you know, the box score.
Speaker 4: As related to the Rams forty nine ers game on Monday, Cooper Cup is the offense, and I'll get into how much of the offense he is coming up and why I think they should actually run the ball if they want some success this week. But that is huge for your Cowboys. And also you got Connor mc govern your guard back. He was a full participant. You had Quentin Bohanna who was limited, and good news for the wide receiver group. Noah Brown, he was dealing with a little bit of a next situation. He was a full participant Jake Ferguson though one of the Rooky Titans d NP not practicing. What's the reason Jane Jane tell Us got a new situation.
Speaker 7: Is too important in the block.
Speaker 8: But Jaron Kurs coming back is very I think is it's gonna be a big deal for this defense. Granted, I think that Donovan Wilson has played out of his mind, but I think that the Cowboys, as it relates to linebacker, are going to get some help with Jerry Wan Curse, you know, coming in there playing big nickels some of the dime. I think that's going to be so important for what the Cowboys are trying to do in Runde because you've seen that that's a part of the defense that teams are attacking attacking them on. And I think that getting jay Ron Curst on the field, he had a lot of tackles for a lost last season for a reason. This guy's read, this guy reads the field very well, so I'm excited to get him back. Also, that's the green dot, so you know, let's go.
Speaker 7: Part of that three headed monsen.
Speaker 6: If you saw that tweet Jane yesterday that Jayron put out, it was just so my favorite thing was that there was somebody that tweeted back and like photoshopped his head on it, and it was just I love Cowboys fans on Twitter.
Speaker 7: Sometimes they are.
Speaker 9: Especially sometimes.
Speaker 5: I want to play a fun little game with you guys.
Speaker 4: All right, because each week, as we look at opposing offenses and defenses, we look at how they match up in terms of total they're scoring, they're rushing, they're passing the third down.
Speaker 5: I'm going to reach you a list.
Speaker 4: You tell me which team it is, Rams or the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, offense.
Speaker 6: She looks so ready, I just have to point out her intensive stare right.
Speaker 4: No, offensively twenty eighth in the league.
Speaker 7: That's the Rams.
Speaker 5: That would be their ring.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, we got moved up.
Speaker 9: We got moved up.
Speaker 4: Scoring offense twenty ninth. The Cowboys Rams, Oh my gosh. Rushing offense, the Rams thirtieth.
Speaker 9: I not yet, I already know that they don't even want to run the ball.
Speaker 6: They like, I'm guessing at this point the ms uh.
Speaker 4: Tied for the most tied for twenty ninth most sacks in the league offense, so they're getting they're getting sacked.
Speaker 8: They gave up how many last seven sacks, eleven.
Speaker 4: Hits, tied for twenty eighth in the league in terms of turnovers. Offensively, the Rams, they quarterback be giving the ball away, all right.
Speaker 7: So the reason why bring this up?
Speaker 4: Right when we headed into this game looking at Cowboys versus Rams, you know we're talking defending Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 5: Games on the road.
Speaker 4: The Rams are what made Jerry's so mad at the postseason a couple of years ago because Sean McVay schemed up on Jason Garrett and Jerry ultimately made a decision the year after because he felt that they were out coached. That's what this Rams offense looks like. Yeah, these days now, the Cowboys aren't much better. Okay, twenty sixth in scoring offense, tied for twenty seven, are tied for twenty seventh, scoring offense nineteenth and rushing twenty third in passing, so.
Speaker 5: They're not much better.
Speaker 4: But we're talking Sean McVeigh and the Rams sort of bottom of the barrel, and so that's why I think, honestly, they haven't been running the ball, to your point, but the Cowboys have been giving up some chunk plays. As it relates, they're rushing d Is twenty seventh in the league. So if they want to get things going, I think that the Rams really need to try and attack those edges for the Cowboys. And I'm curious your thoughts on this, Ayisha, if they want the upper hand this week, because this Cowboys defense is playing lights out. We talk so much about the Rams their offense, We talk so much about, you know, this Rams defense, particularly Aaron Donald, but this Cowboys d is no joke, and I think they're gonna be the real equalizer in this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean when you look at their offense, like you were saying, like a lot of it goes through Cooper Cup right now. But then also it's it really stems from their offensive line problems. I mean, they got they're on their second right tackle, third center. We don't know who's going to go at their left guard, but that person is pretty deep, you know, down the depth chart. They have some offensive line problems.
Speaker 9: So it's problems.
Speaker 8: So then you start saying to yourself like, Okay, that's favorable there, right, And then you get to the second level and yeah, they what is his name?
Speaker 9: Tayler Higbee. Tyler Higbee and.
Speaker 8: Cooper Cup are the guys, right now, Cooper Cup had nineteen targets fourteen receptions last game, one hundred and twenty two yards. But this game on a short week, with the amount of tackles that he was taking, I mean, the forty nine ers really came out there and muddied up that game. They did not make anything easy for the Rams, and you look at them coming off of this short week, it's it's definitely concerning. I was listening to eighty Z Sports earlier and there was a gentleman on there and he talked about Cooper Cups his targets to receptions.
Speaker 9: This is the lowest of his career right now.
Speaker 8: His yards perfect reception or nine point six and his yards per target is seven point four right now, the lowest of his career. Shout out to one, Shout out to one, and I think that it really just shows you how much this offense is struggling. Also, too, he's only had eight red zone targets, and that's huge as well, because he's a red zone monster. And that just lets you know when you look at Matthew Stafford, he doesn't trust his protection, but he also is looking at nothing out there, and so when he's looking at guys to throw the ball to.
Speaker 9: There's nothing there.
Speaker 8: The decision making is crazy. I don't know if his elbow is bothering him, whatever the case may be. I think that the Dallas defense is going to have quite a few opportunities to get after the quarterback.
Speaker 9: But also they're.
Speaker 8: Really struggling to run the ball, and that's why it's not helping what he's trying to do.
Speaker 9: I mean they, I mean, that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: This game.
Speaker 9: Is Sean McVeigh going.
Speaker 8: To adjust with the whole world watching, with all of the scrutiny, especially coming off how dominant the forty nine ers? Well is he gonna adjust? But okay, if he adjusts, how what does that adjustment look like? Well, because you can't do a whole bunch to change your offensive line. They don't have a whole bunch of receivers just coming in like let me save the day. They don't have a Michael Gallup coming in week four. They are what they are right now. So this is gonna be the chess match between Sean McVay and Dan quinn, Like, how is he gonna come in here and try to change things up for this offense to get going. I don't know if it's even possible with how the Cowboys jump on offensive linemen. I mean, we're seeing quarterbacks have record low time in passing in the pocket. This is not normal, right, So when you got a guy like Matthew Stafford who already looks like he's seeing ghosts and going through his reads or not going through him.
Speaker 7: At all, almost Halloween.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, then you look at this, this this defense that's trying to you know, get turnovers and stuff.
Speaker 9: Like that, I think it's gonna be it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be hard to see what they're gonna do offensively in this game, because I think the Cowboys can replicate a lot of the things that the forty nine ers did defensively.
Speaker 7: Something too. You know, I always go tales of the other side.
Speaker 6: I'm always scouting out the other side, so you guys don't have to.
Speaker 7: And Sean McVay, he's a coach that I really respect.
Speaker 6: Just you know, fun fact, my high school dance coach's husband is one of the coaches on the ram Staff High School Dance coachec. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so she married.
Speaker 6: She married Zach Witherspoon who's I believe an athletic trainer of some sort anyways, just fun fact, so I might send her a message to be like, hey, Nicole. But anyways, so you know, watching Sean McVay and him talking his press conference, it's just it seems like they're they don't have an identity right now. They're failing to establish who they are post Super Bowl win, and I think that is so important for the Cowboys to come in and capitalize. He mentioned as being a very big issue for them is that the Rams are having trouble in the red zone and they're settling for field goals. So I think the Cowboys defense can go in and capitalize on the struggle within the red zone and make them continue to settle for those field goals. It's going to frustrate them because Sean McVay, he is frustrated.
Speaker 7: You could just see it in his face.
Speaker 6: And you know, given they came off of the loss, but you know, Sean McVay is the kind of coach that you watch and you have an automatic respect for because of how he cares himself. You can tell he's a little defeated this week. So that can be one of two things. One the Cowboys can play off of it and continue to drag them down a little more, or Sean McVay is going to come back with a vengeance to prove, hey, we are who we are. Something else that was in question for him during that press conference was the play calling. Is the play calling and issues it's a scheme issue. Who is the identity or what is the identity of your offense here? Because it seems like they don't really know either. So they talked about that, They talked about the last lack of past per and that San Fran really had the edges on them. So all really good things to keep an eye out, and all really sound like advantages for the Cowboys defense going into it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, everybody was worried about the Cowboys offensively coming into the season, looking at oh, you know, they're out of the They lost tyrannt Well, Tyron got hurt and all this stuff, and then lost Leo Collins and then we look.
Speaker 5: At the receiver corp.
Speaker 9: Yo, you should have been paying attention.
Speaker 8: To what was going on with the Rams because they definitely losing Odell Beckham and Andrew Whitworth, Yes, absolutely, but they also have another receiver that they lost his walk, it just lost me.
Speaker 9: But losing their receiver.
Speaker 8: I mean, they lost key guys in that receiver corps and it's showing and they're going through that time where they're almost no dimensional sometimes in games. And that sounds crazy, but yeah, like they're not getting much from the run game. They're trying to run the ball at times and they can't get anything there because the offensive line can't hold up, and the offensive line can't hold up in pass pro either.
Speaker 9: So they're probably gonna do a lot of quick game.
Speaker 8: Stuff, screens, stuff that can possibly get the Cowboys defense off edge because we've seen some of some of the linebackers and stuff have trouble get in their eyes, lost in the backfield and not shooting gaps correctly and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: So a lot of the stuff they're going to be doing is decoration.
Speaker 6: He really just mentioned too that there was just a disconnect from the run game in the past game overall, and so there's just no established identity within that offense right now. And I think if the Cowboys and dan Quinn have a hand in this, they're going to play it very smart and the defense is going to They're going to test that offense pretty pretty quickly early on.
Speaker 4: And to be fair, I think the Dallas struggled with that too, right until you had that offensive line working, and we're seeing that around the league. I remember we talked so much about how hard it was to fight offensive lineman off the streets because there were so many offensive lines that are dealing with injuries this year. Credits to Will McClay and the staff for what they've done with these guys. I mean again, I had this really interesting conversation about Zach Martin with Zach Martin last night for Enthusia event that I did all of a sudden, we're not talking about the offensive lines great, and that's a good thing when we're talking about what Dallas is looking to do. I you know, I just always love when Micah Parsons talks. I feel like he's so above his years. But when he said this week that they went from giving up nineteen the first week to seventeen to sixteen to ten, so next week.
Speaker 5: What is it seven?
Speaker 4: You know, I laughed at him when he said that he thought that there was an opportunity in week two based on last year, and then look what they did. Yeah, now they won the ego. So I honestly feel like he's a little prophetic at times.
Speaker 9: So, uh, I mean they put up nine.
Speaker 4: Well we'll just see what he does there, all right, So I do want to talk a little bit.
Speaker 5: We were able to catch up with Zeke.
Speaker 4: It's Zeke Day here at the start at FIRSTCO on Wednesdays. You know, we were just talking about the Cowboys defense is actually something you know, it's so reminiscent of nineteen seventy three in the Doomsday Defense. Some of the stuff that they're doing and the fact that so many guys are getting involved. Uh, normally we'd be talking about this Rams defense. So let's talk a little bit about the Rams defense. Their rushing D is is stout. They're seventh in the league, passing d twentieth.
Speaker 5: So Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Zeke said this week that they weren't able to run the ball as effectively as they have in the past. He was asked about going up against Aaron Donald. His sound bite was pretty funny. Let's play that one Jazz.
Speaker 12: The whole game, playing the center around ninety nine. Running pass, you always got no where he is and running back definitely got always know where he is, especially in that past game, and I mean a lot of a lot of times this week you'll be seeing me checking to see make sure he's good before I get on get out on their route, like like two years ago.
Speaker 3: An engagements with him over the years that different.
Speaker 12: Uh, probably two years ago during the COVID year and he picked me up off the ground and threw me.
Speaker 5: I love that, just even the image of it.
Speaker 4: But you know, listen, as much as we're talking about Aaron Donald Micah Parsons, let's talk about their numbers in comparison to this year.
Speaker 5: Micah Parsons has four.
Speaker 4: Sacks, nine QB hits, fifteen QB pressures in twenty twenty two. Now that helps when you're moving him all over, you know, the defensive backfield. Aaron Donald two sacks, four QB hits, fourteen quarter quarterback pressures in twenty twenty two. So when you look at the stats, Micah Parsons in his second year is right up there with the defensive Player of the Year who's won it three times typhon post an NFL history. So I think this is going to be a really interesting matchup. The other matchup that I'm looking forward to is Michael Gallup and Jalen Ramsey. Yes, Now, here's why I'm gonna love this. This matchup. Jalen Ramsey loves to jaw. Michael Gallup never says anything. And I asked him about this, and so I'm sure you guys can appreciate this. He goes.
Speaker 5: I just smile at him. I feel like that's what I would do, like in a street fight. Like the fact that you were actually a military and veteran.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating to me because you don't really have that trigger in you.
Speaker 5: Oh I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 7: We haven't seen it, Jane.
Speaker 6: It's there, trust me, it's there.
Speaker 4: But I just smile at him, And I said, does that make people mad? Like I used to love when Philip Rivers or Atrey Luck be like, great tackle, loved that, great job, Great to see you. I just Michael Galap just doesn't say anything to Jailious. He just smiles at it.
Speaker 7: I feel like that bothers people more than John Back like it.
Speaker 6: Mentally, you think about it, if you're upset and somebody's like you, okay, it's just so annoying.
Speaker 7: It's it's more aggravating. So I love that.
Speaker 8: But then that's actually I'm glad that you said Michael gallup against Jalen Ramsey because a lot of people are looking at CD to maybe match up against Jayleen Ramsey.
Speaker 4: And so the reason why he said that I shouldn't and I thought the same thing he said, is because they both play outside the boundaries and so that's why he thought he'd be traveling with Jayalen Ramsey along of the day.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I still think that there's gonna be opportunity for him to be lined up against him. You know, they don't. I don't see them just keeping Jalen on CD. It looks like they don't do that a whole bunch with Jaalen Ramsey anymore.
Speaker 9: He kind of moves around. So we'll see how things are.
Speaker 8: But also too, remember last year that was a big play, the no PI or whatever or the offensive PI when Michael gallup to push off. I mean that game could have went totally different. So maybe there's still some bad blood there.
Speaker 9: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know the other thing that came up because I always like to give you guys some of the insights from the locker room because not all of it makes it to NFL network or your.
Speaker 5: TV screens when you're watching at night.
Speaker 4: We were talking a little bit about how, you know, it's not just what Cede Lamb does obviously in catching the ball, but also a little bit and in protection. You know, Ezekiel Elliott had that big thirty one yard catch and run and he delivered that downfield block. Great question from Michael Gallon. He said, we've got a joke around here about CD. We call him two fifty and we said why to fifty cent because he might be two ten, two hundred and five pounds, but he plays like he's two fifty.
Speaker 5: So now every time I see the Lamb, I'm just gonna think of two fifty.
Speaker 4: But another fun note, as it relates to the wide receiver room, I said, what did you do with the game ball? Because obviously that was a big deal. You know, did you grab that for your personal collection? He's like, oh, yeah, that's at home. Because he's even talked about how hard it was to come back, how much that helped his confidence, and it was Ceedee Lamb the whole week who was so excited. He said to get him back, not only because he was going to help him on the field, because you know, he's been getting all of that double triple coverage this year. But he said it was going to be a monster game for Michael Gallup, and I think it was. And if that's what Michael Gallup looked like his first came back, the fifteen yard catch, then of course he had the huge touchdown.
Speaker 5: What can we expect from him this week?
Speaker 4: So because we were talking about weapons, weapons to weapons, the Cowboys right now between Tony Pollard, Ezekiel, Elliott, Noah Brown, Dalton Schultze, you can't go down the list and I'm leaving guys out.
Speaker 8: And Noah Brown is I mean a lot of people would consider no Brown a weapon now he does.
Speaker 9: He does too much. He makes too many plays for people to not account for him.
Speaker 8: But I also want to talk about Dalton Schultz, Like I know, he's not getting a lot of burner because he didn't have a whole bunch of but if you look at him, he is blocking more willingly. He is getting his nose in there also too. He's a decoy on a lot of these plays. Somebody saw the rookie some of the I don't care as long as he do it.
Speaker 9: I don't care as long as you do it.
Speaker 8: Man, especially with Jake Ferguson whatever he is dealing with, Like twelve personnel is important to this team and what they do, so you want another tight end to get in there block, And I will say that Dalton Showtz looks like he definitely is wanting to block more for whatever reason. And also here and also but also too, he is his presence shows to matter on the tape. He's bringing an extra defender with him in some instances and that's getting other guys open.
Speaker 9: So I just want to talk about in all of the Donald shows and what he doing too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're What I'm gonna be interested to see is how many more reps Michael Gallup will get this week because I think we're going to see a lot more of his presence obviously than we did last week with him slowly coming back in integrating back in for you know, both the physical and the mental aspect of things. So I'm interested to see more of a Michael Gallup show than we did last week into this game because I think they're really going to need him, especially on the edges.
Speaker 7: I think Michael Gallup is going to be key to this game.
Speaker 8: So who is gonna with the McGovern situation, right, great question, and you're going up against the Aaron Donald, you right. So McGovern struggled at times last week to be expected the gentleman's coming off the high high ankle spring.
Speaker 9: Is Jason Peters gonna get more burned this week?
Speaker 7: Actually?
Speaker 8: With Aaron Donald coming in here also too, do they start to ramp up Jason Peters a little bit more than they already have because say, I also just I mean with your offensive line, they are using Matt Farniac with the Hulk package and stuff.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I think it's counterproductive, but we're just not gonna go there.
Speaker 8: But I do think that this offensive line looks better when Jason Peters is out there. So you want to get this guy out there and hopefully see him get more reps this game because you probably don't need them.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: It's funny, is So, I was on my way over here, and I have little alerts on my phone when players post anything, just in case I don't ever want to miss a thing. He posted on Instagram, and I tweeted this out because I just thought it was hilarious. But it was a little video of him and Cooper Rush and their heads are photoshopped over these guys dancing, so this.
Speaker 7: Is how we do it.
Speaker 6: And his caption, I'm trying to scroll down to see what he had said, but basically he was like, we got this, Coop. This is on us, Coop. In his caption he said, let's work Coop. So to me, that's a that's a little ominous, Right. You can kind of assume that maybe we're gonna see a little bit more of him this week based on that post.
Speaker 7: It was a great post. I'm like, Jason Peters is feeling the vibe within myself.
Speaker 9: Out sideline, like he's he's the guy.
Speaker 8: He's aamping them up before they go out there and score. He's like, hey, all four seconds, lest listen, you'll play the reps.
Speaker 9: And he's being really encouraged into the.
Speaker 8: Guys and his hates. He sets the tone, I think for the offensive line. Yeah, so we'll see because I want to see him on the field. Yeah, I want to see him during that Eagles game. That's gonna be that's gonna be a fun and he's played against these guys in practice, so Dad's gonna help out to yep.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, we're going to take our final break. But when we come back. Who do we think is going to have a standout game. I know it's a little early in the week. Very un defensive player.
Speaker 5: All right, girls talk, Boys talk.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. When we come back, we'll break that down.
Speaker 5: At Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 1: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 11: Recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, but next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 13: It's Smoothie King's original Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim.
Speaker 5: Without added Sugar.
Speaker 13: You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise.
Speaker 5: The only choice you will need to make.
Speaker 13: Is which one is best for you to my Our classic Angel Food or the new Angel Food Slim Blended without added sugar.
Speaker 5: Smoothie King Rule the Day.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: But First Fall officially kicks off at the start with our first ever Fall Fest on Saturday, October eighth, from eleven am to three pm. Come out to the Tostedoes Championship Plaza for a full day of family fun from a beer garden to a petting zoo with face painting, live music, to fall inspired food and more. The event is free and open to the public, so for more information you can visit the start.
Speaker 7: In Frisco dot com. Sounds fun. I love pumpkin season.
Speaker 5: I love pumpkin season. Are you guys a pumpkin spice lot?
Speaker 7: You are?
Speaker 5: We haven't done it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna have to taste one before I come in here on Friday.
Speaker 8: Say anything, because I feel like as a black person, when I say I like pumpkin spices, I get treated like a leper.
Speaker 9: I'd be like spies.
Speaker 6: I like I like.
Speaker 7: He said.
Speaker 9: You, I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Don't treat me bad.
Speaker 9: I like gift bash.
Speaker 5: This is like what you're like the orange look.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: And no, it's very fall over here. I love it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, who do you think is going to be the spookiest player against the Rams? Well we'll go ahead and well, well that'll be my segue there.
Speaker 5: I know I kind of throw you guys off guard on this, but mine is a defensive player. I think it's going to be Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I think these interceptions He's the type of guy that it's like once he gets going, not dissimilar from Ezekiel Elliott, it's we start see him getting to ruth them. I'm not talking like it's in game for Ezekiel Elliott. You start giving enough touches, he starts getting going. For Trayvon Diggs, I've noticed, and you know, we sort of talked about last year. Once he gets one, then it's the second one. You know what they say, My mom always said what happens once happens three times. He's now got back to back consecutive picks. I think this is going to be another week on the road he gets another one.
Speaker 9: I'm scared.
Speaker 8: I'm scared, no, because because I really want to pick like Osa or Neville because the middle of their offensive line is insane. But then you look at right tack on you like Tank is probably like, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Don't know, man, Okay, I say.
Speaker 8: Also a Diggizua, also a Digizua has been quiet like he will to other people because he do a lot of stuff, but quietly he's having a fantastic season. And I hope that maybe this is the game where he breaks out. Because they have a lot of interior issues.
Speaker 7: So Osa, you.
Speaker 5: Truly are the people's chap.
Speaker 4: I love that when you watch the film, like some of these guys don't get the shout outs and you're like, I want to talk about him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, other people, I mean other people do it, but I just like, I really especially this is my first time really looking at the draft and watching guys like last year the draft time those one of my first time seeing these guys get drafted, watch their development and really see them progress. So I guess I know we're not supposed to get attached to certain players, but but I do, But I do, and Osa is one of those guys and I and it's so dope because it's something that well, he's one of them, he's one of them.
Speaker 9: That's something that.
Speaker 8: You see with this team is that guys have come here and you didn't expect for them to do some of the things they're doing. Because when also Diggi Zula was drafted, I knew he could take on double teams and really mess some stuff up in there, but I didn't know he could do like and be passed Rushy, Right, So you got dts that had passion right swim, you got past Rushabilly. Listen, you must not ever date nobody to play basketball because they always catch you slip, always catch you slipping.
Speaker 9: But yeah, so I also DIGGI Zua.
Speaker 8: I think it's having a really good season, just quietly, and I really hope that maybe this is the game that he breaks out so people can hear his name.
Speaker 6: And that is a perfect segue to my choice, which is Michael Gallup, because I think we just got a little taste of what Michael Gallup is going to bring. Maybe we don't see it this game, but we're gonna see more of it. I really think, uh, what Michael Gallup has endured to get back to this point is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 7: And you know, we've gave kudos to all of.
Speaker 6: The all of really the staff that that gave a hand in helping him get back on his feet, but I want to give credit to him and where he had to fight to be mentally to come back. I just have so much respect for him. He's such a good guy. Jane, You're so right.
Speaker 7: I was listening to him, cat to him in one of his big stuff. He's just incredible the way he talks.
Speaker 6: So I want to see him have a great game to really re establish the fear for everybody else that needs to face him this season, to say, all right, you got a taste in me last week. You have no idea what's coming back. So I'm gonna go Michael Gallup just I'm always in his corner.
Speaker 7: I think. I think he's a great guy, a great player.
Speaker 6: And I really am so excited to see now that he's he has his mentals back a little bit more after seeing you know, one game, he's hungry and he's going to say I want more of that. So I'm going to Michael Gallup this week.
Speaker 4: Well, especially after seeing Deron Bland get his first interception of the AAS game on Friday, I'm going to go ahead and prepare you guys for homework. I want to ask you who is going to supper rise us the most? Okay, Okay, it's a good nice I love that. And fans, if you've got some surprising players, find me a surprising player on the roster and tweet at us, yeah to me before we go, let me have one past interference.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 6: So the first two times these two teams met, the Cowboys were just seven weeks into their inaugural season, and still looking for their first win. The Ala Rams came into town November sixth, nineteen sixty and uh handed Dallas a loss in front of sixteen thousand fans. Out loss was thirty eight to thirteen. But I don't think the Cowboy's is gonna have to worry about that score looking like that again. So a little bit of a depressing past interface.
Speaker 9: It hurt me a little bit.
Speaker 6: You gotta go back in time to appreciate it. Yeah, so that way, like if the Cowboys win, you can appreciate it even more.
Speaker 7: Be like, look for we came the teacher, look where we ended up.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, be an optimistic glass half fool here.
Speaker 4: Well for myself Jess and Iiesha, this has been girls talk, boys talk. I will see you back on Friday. On Thursday, I believe you've got Kelsey Charles here in the host seat, but we will see it then. Thank you so much for being so loyal to us and tuning in. We really do appreciate it, and we just hope the show gets better and better as the weeks and months go on.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football Club